Regarded as one of Pakistan's most dependable Test batsmen, former ODI captain Azhar Ali has had to contend with the added responsibility of being regarded as one of the natural successors to the two retired Pakistan greats, Misbah-ul-Haq and Younis Khan.
The circle of life spares no one. Nature's innate purpose is to remove the old and withered and replace it with the new and budding. Naturally, this applies to the Pakistani Cricket Team as well. Over the past 3 years, the Pakistani ...
In his latest blog for PakPassion.net, Yasir Arafat writes about Pakistan's outstanding performance in the recently concluded T20I Tri-Series in Zimbabwe, Fakhar Zaman's selfless style of cricket, Shaheen Shah Afridi's impressive performance, Glenn Maxwell's apology to Sarfaraz Ahmed for his unsportsmanlike behaviour ...
As chief selector, he saw his Pakistan side hold England to a 1-1 Test series draw, featuring a famous victory at Lord's. So how does Inzamam-ul-Haq think India will fare in their upcoming five-match series against Joe Root's side, and how will ...
Talent Spotter : Mohammad Aftab
Speaking exclusively to PakPassion.net, the 17-year old left-arm paceman from Lahore expressed his...
Talent Spotter : Shan Masood
Shan Masood, 22, is a left-handed opening batsman who has represented Pakistan at U-15 and U-19...
Talent Spotter : Shoaib Ahmed Minhas
22-year-old Rawalpindi batsman Shoaib Ahmed Minhas is prestigious talent who, if his first season in...
Time to get those brain cells working overtime and cast your mind back to the 1983 World Cup.
By Saj Sadiq (8th December, 2016)
1. Which country hosted the 1983 World Cup?
2. Who were the winners of the 1983 World Cup?
3. Who were the beaten finalists in the 1983 World Cup?
4. What was the highest individual score in the 1983 World Cup final?
5. Which renowned slow scorer opened the batting for England throughout the tournament?
6. Which member of the Zimbabwe squad later went on to play Test cricket for England?
7. Who smashed 175 not out from just 138 balls against Zimbabwe in their second match in June?
8. Which England seamer turned commentator went for 82 runs from his 12 overs against Sri Lanka?
9. New Zealand's Martin Sneddon had bowling figures of 12-1-105-2 against which country?
10. Who captained England in the competition?
11. Who was named Man of the Match in Zimbabwe's shock win over Australia?
12. Which Lancastrian opened the batting for England in the tournament?
13. Which Indian seamer was the leading wicket taker in the 1983 World Cup?
14. Which Pakistani leg-spinner took 4-21 against New Zealand?
15. Which current umpire was England's wicket-keeper in 1983?
16. Which English born Australian took 6-39 in a group game against India?
17. Who scored 130 for England against Sri Lanka?
18. How many runs did India score in the final?
19. Which Indian seamer took 3-21 in the final?
20. Who was named Man of the Match in the final?