PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding Bats

Cover Drive
27th October 2010, 06:19
Ask any question you have regarding cricket bats in this thread.

Thanks

frz
27th October 2010, 09:49
CD, how do you feel about CA Plus extra power .. a friend of mine just got it and I'm considering it as it looks like an absolute beast of a bat!

Cover Drive
27th October 2010, 09:57
frz JazakAllah Khair for posting in this thread. I haven't seen much of CA Extra Power but from what I saw when I was in Lahore, it looked beautiful bat. I mean as the name suggest the profile is quite huge whereas I believe it has lowish middle as well. Usually CA bats have higher middle, hence, they have superb pickup but this bat had lower sweetspot and very good pickup if I remember.

Majid_V3 also has this bat so he can write more about that as well.

frz
27th October 2010, 10:05
frz JazakAllah Khair for posting in this thread. I haven't seen much of CA Extra Power but from what I saw when I was in Lahore, it looked beautiful bat. I mean as the name suggest the profile is quite huge whereas I believe it has lowish middle as well. Usually CA bats have higher middle, hence, they have superb pickup but this bat had lower sweetspot and very good pickup if I remember.

Majid_V3 also has this bat so he can write more about that as well.

Thanks for your reply :) Yeah the bat profile is really quite monstrous..

Any idea how much is a fair price to pay for it?

Cover Drive
27th October 2010, 10:12
Thanks for your reply :) Yeah the bat profile is really quite monstrous..

Any idea how much is a fair price to pay for it?

No worries mate!

Indeed the profile is good one.

Uhmm you are in Karachi right? If so then whatever UT charges then thats the fair price I would say because there prices are properly marked and are not like people who in Pakistan charge higher than RRP. I believe it is between Rs. 10,000 - Rs.13.000 although these figures aren't precise.

dhump
29th October 2010, 14:23
OK so here is a question to all members. Before starting of next season End of April I wanted to by a non-Asian bat. I am asking it really early because I will set my range and brand as I have time to decide and choose.

So any advice regarding English or Australian bat will be most welcome.

AamerM
29th October 2010, 17:04
Treat yourself, get an M&H.

Beautifully crafted bats, read the reviews and you'll find not too many people are disappointed with M&H.

Cover Drive
30th October 2010, 04:14
Dhump Bhai,

Whats your budget (in Pounds if you don't mind)? Because few of English bats are a bit expensive compare to Asian bats.

I would never recommend big brand bats such as Kookaburra and Gray Nicolls which are made in India nor I would recommend Gunn & Moore because there top of the range bats are expensive. The price you pay for GM Original Limited Edition is what in which you can get two very good quality English made bats (could be handmade as well).

Opener
30th October 2010, 13:52
Seeing Younis Khan using CA I hope they come with a limited addition Younis Khan bat. After Inzi TRD just does not feel right. I would certainly be up for one if the profile is right.

dhump
30th October 2010, 21:12
Dhump Bhai,

Whats your budget (in Pounds if you don't mind)? Because few of English bats are a bit expensive compare to Asian bats.

I would never recommend big brand bats such as Kookaburra and Gray Nicolls which are made in India nor I would recommend Gunn & Moore because there top of the range bats are expensive. The price you pay for GM Original Limited Edition is what in which you can get two very good quality English made bats (could be handmade as well).

Salam CD,
my range is around 250 GBP and I want to buy it before starting of new season so I have bit of time to decide. BTW my love for Gray-Nicolls is never ending and I guess I have to get one before I can move fwd :D but to be honest I am open for ideas for sure if I can get a better bat for same price I would surely choose that one.

Cover Drive
30th October 2010, 21:19
Seeing Younis Khan using CA I hope they come with a limited addition Younis Khan bat. After Inzi TRD just does not feel right. I would certainly be up for one if the profile is right.

I believe you got confused between 'Inzi" and 'Dilshan'. TRD is made because of Dilshan being in CA sponsored list.

I fully agree with what you said. Younis Khan is one of the top Pakistani batsman in the current era and CA should be lucky to get him. I would say CA should have a range superior to TRD and should be named after Younis Khan as you said.

Cover Drive
30th October 2010, 21:25
Salam CD,
my range is around 250 GBP and I want to buy it before starting of new season so I have bit of time to decide. BTW my love for Gray-Nicolls is never ending and I guess I have to get one before I can move fwd :D but to be honest I am open for ideas for sure if I can get a better bat for same price I would surely choose that one.

Walakiaumasalam,

Bhai, I really like Gray Nicolls as well and wish to get there bats as well. BUt the reason why I say smaller brands is because companies like Gray Nicolls, GM, Kookaburra etc all make bats in mass production. Obviously when you have to make bats based on quantity then quality is overlooked. So just like that when companies ike GN, GM, Kook etc have mass production of bats the quality is overlooked. I have seen few top of the range GN, GM etc and they are not appealing at all especially with the price tag they carry. In 250 Pounds I don't think you can get top of the range Gray Nicolls bat. I believe it is around 300 Pounds or 300 Pounds+. However, in 250 Pounds you can get a cracker bat of a smaller brands such as Newbery. They (Newbery) are one of the finest bat maker and there bats, craftsmanship etc is fantastic.

Here are picture of xkalibur80 bhai's Newbery Pictures;

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=3087264&postcount=23

AamerM Bhai's son NEwbery;

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=3083841&postcount=15

My NEwbery Review:

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=110001

Please let me know if you have anymore question.

SempreSami
31st October 2010, 20:41
Newbery are hardly small when you see how many people use them on the club circuit round here. And a GM Original L.E. costs roughly the same as an SPS.

Cover Drive
31st October 2010, 20:48
Newbery are hardly small when you see how many people use them on the club circuit round here. And a GM Original L.E. costs roughly the same as an SPS.

Yes, but when comparing Newbery with Gray Nicolls, GM etc they are smaller.

Nahh check it out;

Owzat is selling Icon LE for £309.99 whereas you can get Thruxton SPS for £224.99 at Uzisports.

Opener
31st October 2010, 21:10
I believe you got confused between 'Inzi" and 'Dilshan'. TRD is made because of Dilshan being in CA sponsored list.

No CD bhai I know TRD is named after Dilshan. My point was after sponsoring Inzi you would hope they sponsor another Pakistani legend. For Pakistani market having TRD on a limited edition bat does not make much sense.

Cover Drive
31st October 2010, 21:14
No CD bhai I know TRD is named after Dilshan. My point was after sponsoring Inzi you would hope they sponsor another Pakistani legend. For Pakistani market having TRD on a limited edition bat does not make much sense.

Yes, I agree with that. Since they have got Younis Khan now they should have a top of the line for Younis Khan.

askmoi
31st October 2010, 23:45
Salam CD,

why dont u look at San Andreas Fault cricket bats. it was voted best by All out cricket. www.safcricket.co.uk
or you can try redback http://www.redbackcricket.com/

SempreSami
1st November 2010, 00:13
Yes, but when comparing Newbery with Gray Nicolls, GM etc they are smaller.

Nahh check it out;

Owzat is selling Icon LE for £309.99 whereas you can get Thruxton SPS for £224.99 at Uzisports.

There's only ten pounds between a top of the range Flare and the Newbery SPS bats at vks.

dhump
1st November 2010, 13:59
Thank you for the advice CD and some nice discussion and ideas fwd by sami. I like newbery to be honest I think they are high quality bats but if the possibilities are there which brands from Newbery,GN,GM and Kookaburra would you guys suggest in my range. Another thing I checked most of the bats that are available are in 2.8 + is it not possible to get a real light weight bat in these brands.

BTW just to get you guys an idea I am personally 5.7" so I was wondering if I can buy a bat in Harrow size will it make any difference of course they are cheaper and lighter but is there any other issue in them ? some advice on this will be most welcome.

AamerM
1st November 2010, 14:50
There is an Academy size bat that's now available to bridge the gap between Harrow and SH.
GM definitely do this size although at 5.7 you should be fine with a light SH. There are a number of places where you can get a bat to your specs, these include: SAF, Redback, Hawk, Warsop, Salix, Willostix, Nixon, Solitaire, M&H. There are lots more also.

AamerM
1st November 2010, 14:58
CD I don't think all Gray Nicholls bats are mass produced.
I was at the Lords test in August and they had a Gray Nicholls kiosk there and outside it they had their master bat maker hand making bats. It didn't take him very long to take a cleft and make it into a bat. I suppose the top of the range bats are all handmade.

SempreSami
1st November 2010, 15:20
Those were Pro Performance grade clefts I believe, though at £150 it was a staggering offer.

xkalibur80
1st November 2010, 19:44
So I received a reply from Warsop regarding Venom - 234 pounds out the door.

They have one Venom in production right now and this is what they replied back with:

We have just had a 2.9 Venom through to be finished off so if were interested in this one, provided you make payment by card over the phone it could leave us today to be with you tomorrow. As it is not yet finished off you may have the colour transfers of your choice. In stock at the moment we have black/silver,blue/silver,purple/silver, yellow/silver or green/silver. This venom bat has eleven grains

What do they mean by colour transfer?

Cover Drive
1st November 2010, 19:46
CD I don't think all Gray Nicholls bats are mass produced.
I was at the Lords test in August and they had a Gray Nicholls kiosk there and outside it they had their master bat maker hand making bats. It didn't take him very long to take a cleft and make it into a bat. I suppose the top of the range bats are all handmade.

Those were Pro Performance grade clefts I believe, though at £150 it was a staggering offer.

I have heard about this somewhere else as well. I am not too sure if thats how they are actually made in their factory (in East Sussex).

If I remember I was reading people experience regarding this and they weren't happy with the work at all!

Cover Drive
1st November 2010, 19:49

They have one Venom in production right now and this is what they replied back with:

We have just had a 2.9 Venom through to be finished off so if were interested in this one, provided you make payment by card over the phone it could leave us today to be with you tomorrow. As it is not yet finished off you may have the colour transfers of your choice. In stock at the moment we have black/silver,blue/silver,purple/silver, yellow/silver or green/silver. This venom bat has eleven grains

I believe by colour transfer they mean which colour do you want for stickers. If I am correct there stickers have two shade of colours in them and they were asking you your preference in regards to that.

Also I think they are assuming you are in UK.

Cover Drive
1st November 2010, 19:55
Thank you for the advice CD and some nice discussion and ideas fwd by sami. I like newbery to be honest I think they are high quality bats but if the possibilities are there which brands from Newbery,GN,GM and Kookaburra would you guys suggest in my range. Another thing I checked most of the bats that are available are in 2.8 + is it not possible to get a real light weight bat in these brands.

BTW just to get you guys an idea I am personally 5.7" so I was wondering if I can buy a bat in Harrow size will it make any difference of course they are cheaper and lighter but is there any other issue in them ? some advice on this will be most welcome.

There is an Academy size bat that's now available to bridge the gap between Harrow and SH.
GM definitely do this size although at 5.7 you should be fine with a light SH. There are a number of places where you can get a bat to your specs, these include: SAF, Redback, Hawk, Warsop, Salix, Willostix, Nixon, Solitaire, M&H. There are lots more also.

I agree with what AamerM Bhai said. Since you are 5.7" (MashAllah) you can easily use a normal Short Handle size bat. Few of my clubmates are around 5.7'ish mark and they use short handle bat which works fine for them.

My Newbery is in 2.7 one of my club mates GM Icon LE is around 2.7 mark as well so they (Newbery, GN, Kookaburra, GM etc) certainly have bats below 2.8 mark.

Again if you like to opt out for Kookaburra, Gray Nicolls, Gunn & Moore etc then you can surely do that. Pardon me if you find me a bit "pressurizing" lol. Personally I love Gray Nicolls as my favourite player use it and my first purchase was a Gray Nicolls bat. A month ago I went to local store and saw lots of Kahuna there and they were very good. The shape was great whereas the grains weren't that appealing. I am not sure about there performance as I didn't dare to tap them with a mallet.

xkalibur80
1st November 2010, 20:04
I believe by colour transfer they mean which colour do you want for stickers. If I am correct there stickers have two shade of colours in them and they were asking you your preference in regards to that.

Also I think they are assuming you are in UK.

Thanks - I have someone coming from UK so they can bring it with them.

The bat has a lowish middle....

Cover Drive
1st November 2010, 20:18
Thanks - I have someone coming from UK so they can bring it with them.

The bat has a lowish middle....

Then thats great!

I believe Venom is choice of Warsop Professional players who have been sponsored by them such as Foster. They them self tell the customers to buy lowish middle bats as England pitches have low bounce.

xkalibur80
1st November 2010, 20:28
Then thats great!

I believe Venom is choice of Warsop Professional players who have been sponsored by them such as Foster. They them self tell the customers to buy lowish middle bats as England pitches have low bounce.

Well our pitches have a super low bounce so that works.....even the GT has a lower middle.

Cover Drive
1st November 2010, 20:30
Well our pitches have a super low bounce so that works.....even the GT has a lower middle.

Actually GT's middle is at perfect position. It is not low or high its in middle which I believe is perfect!

revboy
1st November 2010, 23:20
Has anyone used the AS V10 bats? I used to have a V3 which was excellent and I am considering a V10 as my next bat

What pakistani bat would you recommend for around 6000-7000 pk rupees?

ca_gold
1st November 2010, 23:24

with shipping an all it is a pricy bat. they are great bats - i had one that our opener now uses. he's dropped all the bats he used to have for this one. you can come to our nets one of these days and try that warsop out. i had also gotten that one just slightly used - and i think its in its prime now.

Cover Drive
1st November 2010, 23:28
Has anyone used the AS V10 bats? I used to have a V3 which was excellent and I am considering a V10 as my next bat

I haven't used but I have seen it and I must say its a great bat or the stick I saw was very good. It was around 2.7 mark and it had huge profile (close to 50 mm edges). Spine went all the way to the toe whereas balance and pickup was just perfect.

I am not too sure about CA mid end models but you can get a G2 Sher Amin which is around Rs. 6300, Bubber Sher around Rs. 9000, V3 around Rs. 8000 and V10 around Rs. 10,000.

By the way, welcome to PP. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

revboy
1st November 2010, 23:44
I haven't used but I have seen it and I must say its a great bat or the stick I saw was very good. It was around 2.7 mark and it had huge profile (close to 50 mm edges). Spine went all the way to the toe whereas balance and pickup was just perfect.

I am not too sure about CA mid end models but you can get a G2 Sher Amin which is around Rs. 6300, Bubber Sher around Rs. 9000, V3 around Rs. 8000 and V10 around Rs. 10,000.

By the way, welcome to PP. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thanks again CD for sorting the account for me.
Im not a huge fan of CA. Sher amin bats are very good as I have used them in the past and my brother has one.
Has anyone used the mid end Ihsan bats which cost around 6-7k Rs.?

Cover Drive
1st November 2010, 23:52
Thanks again CD for sorting the account for me.
Im not a huge fan of CA. Sher amin bats are very good as I have used them in the past and my brother has one.
Has anyone used the mid end Ihsan bats which cost around 6-7k Rs.?

No worries!

I believe when your brother got his Sher Amin they were Grade 1's, however, now Sher Amin are only made in Grade 2.

Your best bet would be Posion. Poison Bhai, can you please tell revboy more about your Ihsan's?

ca_gold
2nd November 2010, 00:19
Your best bet would be Posion.?

:inti

Cover Drive
2nd November 2010, 00:26

Poison I meant to say :)

ca_gold
2nd November 2010, 01:40
Poison I meant to say :)

lol i meant you told him poison would be his best bet. just read funny the first time i read it.

harlequin is a good bat - but if i got one - id get james laver to make it for me. hes the one who made the original.

Cover Drive
2nd November 2010, 02:13
lol i meant you told him poison would be his best bet. just read funny the first time i read it.

harlequin is a good bat - but if i got one - id get james laver to make it for me. hes the one who made the original.

:))

Indeed when I was writing it sounded funny but its his username which is funny :)

One guy has it and he is asking £185 whereas on M&H website it is around £270 if I am correct.

xkalibur80
2nd November 2010, 21:15
with shipping an all it is a pricy bat. they are great bats - i had one that our opener now uses. he's dropped all the bats he used to have for this one. you can come to our nets one of these days and try that warsop out. i had also gotten that one just slightly used - and i think its in its prime now.

Where do you guys practice?

ca_gold
3rd November 2010, 04:40
Where do you guys practice?

khans sports. so did you take my advice - or are you getting a warsop, sg, and a top of the line Newbery?

xkalibur80
3rd November 2010, 04:45
khans sports. so did you take my advice - or are you getting a warsop, sg, and a top of the line Newbery?

Wow - that is far dude....to answer your second question, if I was to buy all three, I better be scoring 1000 runs next season...LoL.

Cover Drive
5th November 2010, 10:16
Just had a look at this video and it looks GM bats profile is machine made.

In the beginning of this video;

HHYRFRKjw_M

Nevertheless, the machine (CNC) seem to be very impressive.

Tareq niazi
5th November 2010, 20:14
Hi my name is Tareq and im from áfghanistan im buying a new bat my last bat weight was 2 lb 7oz it was to light for me any tipsof good bats?

Z@!N
7th November 2010, 20:08

Hello,

I've used AS V10 cricket bat. I've bought it from Basharat bhai (sialkotshop.com) two months ago. I've had aprox. 12 sessions indoor and I must say the bat is by far my best bat I've ever used. The pickup, the feeling as well as the sweetspot can be described in one word: AMAZING! I will upload some pictures in the right section.

Feel free to ask me questions.:razzaq

Cover Drive
7th November 2010, 21:51
Hi my name is Tareq and im from áfghanistan im buying a new bat my last bat weight was 2 lb 7oz it was to light for me any tipsof good bats?

Welcome to PP Tareq. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Sorry for not replying earlier. First of all whats your budget? There are many Pakistani and Non-Pakistani bats which fall near your weight range.

Hello,

I've used AS V10 cricket bat. I've bought it from Basharat bhai (sialkotshop.com) two months ago. I've had aprox. 12 sessions indoor and I must say the bat is by far my best bat I've ever used. The pickup, the feeling as well as the sweetspot can be described in one word: AMAZING! I will upload some pictures in the right section.

Feel free to ask me questions.:razzaq

Welcome to PP! I hope you enjoy your stay.

I am glad your V10 is going well!

Just out of curiosity which soft do you use?

Z@!N
8th November 2010, 01:42
Welcome to PP Tareq. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Sorry for not replying earlier. First of all whats your budget? There are many Pakistani and Non-Pakistani bats which fall near your weight range.

Welcome to PP! I hope you enjoy your stay.

I am glad your V10 is going well!

Just out of curiosity which soft do you use?

Thank you,

Currently I'm using Bubber sher gloves and pads, because before my AS V10 I had Bubber sher cricket bat. A friend of mine bought it from me because he loved it all the way (was also a very good piece of cleft I must mention)

Cover Drive
8th November 2010, 02:28
Thank you,

Currently I'm using Bubber sher gloves and pads, because before my AS V10 I had Bubber sher cricket bat. A friend of mine bought it from me because he loved it all the way (was also a very good piece of cleft I must mention)

Do your Buber Sher gloves have black palm?

After use how are Bubber Sher pads and gloves?

Got any pictures of Bubber Sher bat?

Z@!N
8th November 2010, 02:44
Do your Buber Sher gloves have black palm?

After use how are Bubber Sher pads and gloves?

Got any pictures of Bubber Sher bat?

No, unfortunately don't have photo of mine bubber sher bat, But I will look what I can do, will try to contact my friend and ask him to send me some photo's.

The gloves have white palms, In the beginning they were outstanding, great grip, good isolation etc, but I must say I don't feel comfortable anymore with these gloves. I'm searching for some really lightweight gloves with great grip, any tips bhai??

The pads are really good, still good quality and very light.

Cover Drive
8th November 2010, 03:36
No, unfortunately don't have photo of mine bubber sher bat, But I will look what I can do, will try to contact my friend and ask him to send me some photo's.

Lol it's okay mate, don't worry :)

I moved the gloves topic in the 'Question Regarding Gloves' thread.

Tareq niazi
9th November 2010, 20:07
my budged is maximum 170 pounds and thanks for reply :)

Cover Drive
9th November 2010, 23:59
my budged is maximum 170 pounds and thanks for reply :)

Indian, Asian or Pakistani?

askmoi
10th November 2010, 15:42
where r u based tareq? describe your playing style so that we can recommend something good.

Tareq niazi
12th November 2010, 23:10
Indian, Asian or Pakistani?

sorry for late answer hmm i think pakistani bat

Tareq niazi
12th November 2010, 23:15
where r u based tareq? describe your playing style so that we can recommend something good.

thanks for help im not that tall and i am batting something like fawad alam but i dont have my feet too wide across. i like playing big shots and score runs and i like playing test matches. when the bowler is about to realese the ball i prepare to play it so i go forward when i go forward i cover leg and middle stump. hope you understand how i bat. i would be happy if you replied me. AND im right hand batsman

Cover Drive
12th November 2010, 23:59
sorry for late answer hmm i think pakistani bat

Tareq Bhai, have a look at www.sailkotshop.com, they have couple of bats which fall in your budget. Email them (Bhasarat Bhai) and I am sure you will get a very good bat.

Cover Drive
13th November 2010, 00:18
thanks for help im not that tall and i am batting something like fawad alam but i dont have my feet too wide across. i like playing big shots and score runs and i like playing test matches. when the bowler is about to realese the ball i prepare to play it so i go forward when i go forward i cover leg and middle stump. hope you understand how i bat. i would be happy if you replied me. AND im right hand batsman

From your playing style I am assuming you like to slog and like to driving. Personally I would recommend you AS V3 or V10 as I find them best Asian bats for its value. There is not much of a difference between V10 and V3. The only main difference between these two bats is that V10 has a better willow. As far profile and shape is concerned it is more or less the same.

I did a bit of research and found the following bat which fall in your budget range;

CA 10000 Plus

http://www.sialkotshop.com/ca-plus-10000-bat.html

MB Malik Bubber Sher

http://www.sialkotshop.com/mb-malik-bubber-sher.html

Ihsan Inferno 950

http://www.sialkotshop.com/ihsan-sports-inferno-950.html

AS V10

http://www.sialkotshop.com/as-sports-cricket-bat-v-10.html

AS V3

http://www.sialkotshop.com/as-sports-cricket-bat-v-3-72.html

All of these bats are around 120 Pounds whereas I am not exactly sure where you live so I am not sure of postage cost.

I have seen all of these bats and I must say all of them are top drawer bat and are very good. If you are after which have a really light pickup then I would recommend CA along AS whereas Ihsan pickup is not that bad either. Bubber Sher is kinda low sweetspot bat so pick up would be slight heavy compare to CA and AS.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask me.

Tareq niazi
13th November 2010, 19:49
Thanks! for reply and you¨re right i like to drive thanks for your help i will have look at AS V3 and V10. isnt that the bat that asad shafiq and mohammad shahzad use? And i live in Sweden where can i see how much the shipping cost? :)

Cover Drive
13th November 2010, 21:17
No worries.

Yes, V3/V10 is basically used by Shafiq, Wahab, Razzaq and many more. I am not sure who is Mohammad Shahzad.

Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the steps and you will find how much it is.

SempreSami
14th November 2010, 00:28
He's an Afghan cricketer.

Cover Drive
14th November 2010, 00:54
Ah okay, thanks. Most of the Afghani Cricketers use Ihsan stuff.

shahzadatr
14th November 2010, 04:22
Does someone know the lastest price of CA 10 000 in pakistan?

Tareq niazi
14th November 2010, 14:37
Ah okay, thanks. Most of the Afghani Cricketers use Ihsan stuff.

yeah they use pakistani brands :)

Cover Drive
14th November 2010, 16:49
Does someone know the lastest price of CA 10 000 in pakistan?

Uhm I would say around Rs. 12,000.

afaans
21st November 2010, 14:28
What is the difference between oval and round bat handle and which one is more commonly used

SempreSami
21st November 2010, 14:57
In my experience the majority of bats tend to be round handle, at least they certainly used to be.

A round handle bat is cylindrical all the way down, whereas an oval handle is less circular towards the bottom.

cric_fan82
21st November 2010, 16:46
does anyone know what kind of bat tendulkar uses??
Gambhir is using SS, Sehwag SG, Dravid also SG, dhoni uses SS and so does yuvi!
my bet is it is some English brand!

SempreSami
21st November 2010, 16:49
I've seen all kinds of names thrown about, namely BAS and Newbery.

Cover Drive
25th November 2010, 08:19
SS, have you seen or came across any Salix?

If so how are they? Lately I am getting tempted to try one of them...

SempreSami
25th November 2010, 09:04
I've never used one, but the finish on them certainly is nice, as was the pickup on the ones I've seen in shops.

Cover Drive
25th November 2010, 09:28
Which ones do you see? How's Daemon and Pod?

I am thinking of giving Daemon a nod. What do you think?

AamerM
25th November 2010, 13:58
Salix is a popular brand with private school kids in England. I haven't seen a great deal of these bats being used by adults. I also read somewhere that their bats are made in India and finished at their workshop in Kent.

SempreSami
25th November 2010, 15:19
That's ********.

AamerM
25th November 2010, 16:17
Maybe it is. Just what I read.

SempreSami
25th November 2010, 19:12
I'd like to see your source.

ca_gold
25th November 2010, 20:09
i think people had started that discussion as they have a kashimir willow bat that is being made in india and finished in kent. people , i think wrongly assumed that some english willow bats were also being made there and finished as top models in Kent. However, i dont think Salix would do that - as it would be a pretty big reputational risk. though i could be completely wrong.

how these bats are priced much higher then Newbery SPS or even M&H models i dont know.

Cover Drive
25th November 2010, 20:39
Salix's Kashmiri Willow bats are made in India just like other brands. However, there adults and top of the line bats are made in Kent by Andrew.

AamerM
25th November 2010, 21:00
I'd like to see your source.

Some guy on custom bats forum. It was in a Newbery v Salix thread.

Uzi_Sports
26th November 2010, 03:08
All the Junior bats as well as Kashmir bats come from india but as far as I know all the top end of Salix bats are made by Andrew Kember. I have many custom made bats made by Andrew Kember in my presence.

Regards

Asad

SempreSami
26th November 2010, 06:32
Sounds about right Asad, kids shouldn't worry about where their bats are made anyway.

Opener
26th November 2010, 08:07
SempreSami marketing gimmicks have got the best of us (including me I confess).

afaans
4th December 2010, 05:25
Has anyone bought anything from CA sports online

Cover Drive
4th December 2010, 12:11
Has anyone bought anything from CA sports online

If you don't mind me asking what are you looking to buy?

afaans
4th December 2010, 19:09
the CA 12000 le trd bat

Cover Drive
8th December 2010, 13:23
Sorry didn't see this earlier.

I haven't dealt with them but I have seen people dealing with them and they are happy with there products.

What happened, you are not buying MB LE anymore?

afaans
9th December 2010, 05:24
getting both

Cover Drive
9th December 2010, 06:54
Doesnt Bhasarat Bhai carry TRD?

afaans
9th December 2010, 11:47
na he dosen't carry any only normal CA 12000 so im just getting it from the factory

Cover Drive
9th December 2010, 12:16
Make sense.

Good luck mate :)

Let me know if you have got any more questions.

hashman
13th December 2010, 18:54
Has anyone purchased anything from www.cricketloverz.com ??

they are selling the CA 12000 TRD for $200. There is also an ebay store for the site, but it had two negative posts out of 14 one of which was for this bat.

http://cricketloverz.com/product.php?id_product=15

Cover Drive
13th December 2010, 21:23
Don't buy it!

The bat is not worth $200 at Ca factory so how can they sell it for that price. I am quite sure it's fake.

Do you want to buy TRD or you have any other bat in your mind as well ?

hashman
14th December 2010, 11:23
Trd

Cover Drive
14th December 2010, 11:25
Contact CA factory in Sailkot. Safest option.

hashman
14th December 2010, 18:03
Yea probably will end up doing that man. Thanks

Ali Raja
14th December 2010, 19:18
http://www.prodirectcricket.com/Products/GrayNicolls-Cricket-Bats-GrayNicolls-Nitro-Five-Star-Bat-Blue-Cricket-Bats-Pro-Direct-Cricket-13403.aspx

This bat is going for a reasonable price, it looks a bit ugly, but anyone how it plays?:fawad

ProDirect also have some good offers on Puma bats, are they any good?

Cover Drive
14th December 2010, 19:23
http://www.prodirectcricket.com/Products/GrayNicolls-Cricket-Bats-GrayNicolls-Nitro-Five-Star-Bat-Blue-Cricket-Bats-Pro-Direct-Cricket-13403.aspx

This bat is going for a reasonable price, it looks a bit ugly, but anyone how it plays?:fawad

ProDirect also have some good offers on Puma bats, are they any good?

Did you see that bats actual pictures ?

Really good I must say. I mean I have a Gray Nicolls and despite it is a 3 Star it palys better or as good as my Grade 1's. It took a while to open up but seriously it is a gun!

So I do rate them high and I find them very good as they last really long.

Not too sure about Puma as I have never used one but they are going at a very good price.

Ali Raja
14th December 2010, 19:36
Did you see that bats actual pictures ?

Really good I must say. I mean I have a Gray Nicolls and despite it is a 3 Star it palys better or as good as my Grade 1's. It took a while to open up but seriously it is a gun!

So I do rate them high and I find them very good as they last really long.

Not too sure about Puma as I have never used one but they are going at a very good price.

Yes, you can zoom in and see the bat from real close. Grains and so on. But Gray-Nicholls look a bit boring:( Only the Xiphos looks good, but for some reason I can't see if it's available or not on the site.

http://www.prodirectcricket.com/Products/GrayNicolls-Cricket-Bats-GrayNicolls-Xiphos-Five-Star-Bat-Silver-Cricket-Bats-Pro-Direct-Cricket-4351.aspx

Cover Drive
14th December 2010, 19:41
Yes, you can zoom in and see the bat from real close. Grains and so on. But Gray-Nicholls look a bit boring:( Only the Xiphos looks good, but for some reason I can't see if it's available or not on the site.

http://www.prodirectcricket.com/Products/GrayNicolls-Cricket-Bats-GrayNicolls-Xiphos-Five-Star-Bat-Silver-Cricket-Bats-Pro-Direct-Cricket-4351.aspx

It is not necassary that the one in that zoom image is the one they are selling. Check out Puma's and one of the range has same picture for all different models.

Personally I like the Evo and Powerbow shape the best. Other might look boring but I can guarantee that they will play very well and they are worth every single penny.

Ali Raja
14th December 2010, 19:45
It is not necassary that the one in that zoom image is the one they are selling. Check out Puma's and one of the range has same picture for all different models.

Personally I like the Evo and Powerbow shape the best. Other might look boring but I can guarantee that they will play very well and they are worth every single penny.

I know, but it says '5 Star' when you zoom in. But I guess they have used the best picture available.

I know, I saw Puma had the same picture.

The Evo 5 star bat is only available in medium weight.:shahzaib

Cover Drive
14th December 2010, 19:59
I know, but it says '5 Star' when you zoom in. But I guess they have used the best picture available.

I know, I saw Puma had the same picture.

The Evo 5 star bat is only available in medium weight.:shahzaib

Even then I think they would use the pictures which have the best looking grains, face etc.

Ah okay, I'm not sure about weight etc.

SalmanK
14th December 2010, 21:39
My understanding is the GN 5 star bats are the best value for money in their entire range. At clearance price, that looks like a real bargain! Also, although Evo 5 Star is medium weight, due to the grooving and high middle, it will likely pick up much lighter. Probably comparable to a light weight Nitro...

Cover Drive
14th December 2010, 22:53
I concur Salman Bhai. Although I wouldn't say Carbo are overpriced, they are being sold at a great price as well.

Ali Raja
15th December 2010, 03:10
I can get an AS V10 custom made from their factory in Sialkot for roughly the same price though (including shipping to Norway).:shafiq

Cover Drive
15th December 2010, 04:14
But you said you want to try English brands, didn't you ?

Ali Raja
15th December 2010, 04:17
But you said you want to try English brands, didn't you ?

Yeah, but if I do I think it will be a GM. But they are way too overpriced. Maybe I will get one if I go to England myself, since it is a bit risky to buy online.

Cover Drive
15th December 2010, 04:45
True, I don't know for some reasons I rate GM much higher than GN and/or Puma.

kakhtar88
11th January 2011, 15:11
Hey CD i am looking to buy AS V10 and AS V3 bats direct from khalid bhai. What do you think of these bats?

Cover Drive
12th January 2011, 10:33
Hey CD i am looking to buy AS V10 and AS V3 bats direct from khalid bhai. What do you think of these bats?

Asalamalakium,

First of all, welcome to PakPassion! It is great to have you here and I hope you have a great time! :)

Alhamdulilah, a great choice I must say! Both are superb bats but I would say go for one rather than buying both. If money is not an issue for you and you don't care about cash then you're more than welcome to buy both but both of the bats have more or less the same shape, profile etc so I would not recommend buying both. The only difference between AS V10 and AS V3 is the cleft. V10, has a better cleft compare to V3. Shape/profile is quite similar.

There are many people on the forums who have AS V10 and all of them say it is a great bat. I have seen more than dozen AS V3/V10 owners whereas I'm yet to see a owner who is not happy with his bat.

So a very good bat and best Asian bat for its value and highly recommended.

If you have any question(s) please don't hesitate to ask me :)

Take Care

I look forward to your posts in future :)

kakhtar88
13th January 2011, 20:26
Asalamalakium,

First of all, welcome to PakPassion! It is great to have you here and I hope you have a great time! :)

Alhamdulilah, a great choice I must say! Both are superb bats but I would say go for one rather than buying both. If money is not an issue for you and you don't care about cash then you're more than welcome to buy both but both of the bats have more or less the same shape, profile etc so I would not recommend buying both. The only difference between AS V10 and AS V3 is the cleft. V10, has a better cleft compare to V3. Shape/profile is quite similar.

There are many people on the forums who have AS V10 and all of them say it is a great bat. I have seen more than dozen AS V3/V10 owners whereas I'm yet to see a owner who is not happy with his bat.

So a very good bat and best Asian bat for its value and highly recommended.

If you have any question(s) please don't hesitate to ask me :)

Take Care

I look forward to your posts in future :)

Walaikumasalam,

Thank you for your reply it really is reassuring because I have my heart set on buying these bats.

Initially I wanted 2X AS V10 bats but cash is a little bit of an issue thats why I am going for 1X AS V3

Ive been reading through some of the other threads to find out about prices and things like that. But would you be able to tell me how much I should be paying for both these bats including shipping to Australia. AUD is quite strong right now so I dont want to get ripped off.

Cheers.

Cover Drive
13th January 2011, 21:58
Walaikumasalam,

Thank you for your reply it really is reassuring because I have my heart set on buying these bats.

Initially I wanted 2X AS V10 bats but cash is a little bit of an issue thats why I am going for 1X AS V3

Ive been reading through some of the other threads to find out about prices and things like that. But would you be able to tell me how much I should be paying for both these bats including shipping to Australia. AUD is quite strong right now so I dont want to get ripped off.

Cheers.

Ah okay. To be honest, both AS V3 and V10 are of similar quality so I'm sure you will get beauties.

The best option I would say is to contact Waqas/Khalid Bhai directly at AS factory (in Sailkot) because they will give you the best rate as they are the factory people.

V3 goes for something around Rs. 6000 and V10 goes around Rs. 10000 if I remember correctly.

So email Waqas/Khalid Bhai and see what they say. Not too sure abou tht eshipping but don't go to website online as most of them sell fake stuff at a ridiculous price.

SalmanK
14th January 2011, 02:27
I think they sell cheaper to aus because there is no AS supplier there, and they're trying to get into that market. You might get it for less than CD has quoted (those are regular prices).
Anyway check with Waqas bhai. The V10 he sent me was top notch!!

askmoi
14th January 2011, 09:28
i thought it was 8k for V3 and 11k for V10....anyway Waqas/Khalid will give u the prices inc delivery....

kakhtar88
14th January 2011, 17:50
Thanks guys for your responses.

Rs 6000 and 10000 is really cheap for grade 1 english willow bats....Thats in the 75-120AUD range at current exchange rates.

If I can get these prices then I dont think there should be any problem getting 2X AS V10s.

Bat prices in Australia are insane. CA Plus 12K costs $599AUD so thats why I was expecting the top 2 AS bats to be pretty expensive. It doesnt even compare....whats going on here?

SalmanK did you get your bat posted to you? Do you think you could go into a bit of detail on it i.e Grains, weight, pick up, ping, sweet spot location and length because that would be really good to find out. Are you able to upload pictures at all?

Cheers!

kakhtar88
14th January 2011, 17:52
Ah okay. To be honest, both AS V3 and V10 are of similar quality so I'm sure you will get beauties.

The best option I would say is to contact Waqas/Khalid Bhai directly at AS factory (in Sailkot) because they will give you the best rate as they are the factory people.

V3 goes for something around Rs. 6000 and V10 goes around Rs. 10000 if I remember correctly.

So email Waqas/Khalid Bhai and see what they say. Not too sure abou tht eshipping but don't go to website online as most of them sell fake stuff at a ridiculous price.

CD what website are you referring to?

Cover Drive
15th January 2011, 08:27

Rs 6000 and 10000 is really cheap for grade 1 english willow bats....Thats in the 75-120AUD range at current exchange rates.

If I can get these prices then I dont think there should be any problem getting 2X AS V10s.

Bat prices in Australia are insane. CA Plus 12K costs $599AUD so thats why I was expecting the top 2 AS bats to be pretty expensive. It doesnt even compare....whats going on here?

Cheers!

Well that applies for all countries outside Pakistan for Pakistani bats :).

The quality of AS V10 and CA 12000 Plus is same so it would be wise to buy from Pakistan directly.

For AS bats contact AS Sports in Sailkot and there website is;

http://www.assports.com/

bigfan
15th January 2011, 09:40
Does anyone have the email for the Ishan factory?

Cover Drive
15th January 2011, 10:50
Dug up my inbox and here is the one I had from 2009 (end);

ihsanspt@brain.net.pk

Hope it helps

bigfan
15th January 2011, 14:08
Awesome, cheers CoverDrive.

SalmanK
17th January 2011, 06:31

SalmanK did you get your bat posted to you? Do you think you could go into a bit of detail on it i.e Grains, weight, pick up, ping, sweet spot location and length because that would be really good to find out. Are you able to upload pictures at all?

Cheers!

Yes, got it for USD 160 including postage. Think I posted pictures on one of the V10 threads. Anyway, will repost.

I had asked for a 2lb 10oz bat. Got one that weighed 2lb 6 oz! I think there was a mixup at the factory, because the sticker on it said 2'10. Pick up ofcourse is fantastic. Sweet spot is located in the middle. Ping is very good. Haven't used it in a match yet, so this is based on malleting and bouncing an old ball off it. Plenty of grains 15-16. Strip of heartwood on the inside edge.

Cons - handle wasn't the best. 4 piece handle with 3 springs, rubber used was ok quality. Willow was over-dried, but I fixed that with 3-4 coats of oil.

Anyway, for the price you can't go wrong. AS is one of few manufacturers still pricing their bats reasonably. Aussie prices are crazy, just buy your bats in Pakistan and have them shipped.

SalmanK
17th January 2011, 06:33

Cover Drive
17th January 2011, 06:53
Looks superb Salman Bhai! Loving the grains and profile of that bat.

AS bats are the best value bats in the market and they are fully worth.

I hope it goes well for you.

Bhai, do you have any more bat coming for next season?

SalmanK
17th January 2011, 07:25
Thanks CD bhai

Cover Drive
17th January 2011, 07:35
Oh another thing Salman Bhai are you a left hander by any chance? If you're then this bat would be perfect for you.

The more I see, the more I like superb piece of willow. Grains are lovely and look pro quality!

Also I don't think that rubber imperfection makes a big difference, does it?

momin97
17th January 2011, 15:27
cd bhai wat is pik up and wat is profile

Quick Single
17th January 2011, 22:26
Salam, I have seen lots of AS's on this forum and most of them have got good reviews apart from the handles, has AS fixed these? Because I myself am looking to buy an AS, Inshallah.

Silencer
24th January 2011, 21:20

Looks superb!

Have you played with it? If so how does it respond?

Cheers.

Cover Drive
25th January 2011, 08:07

Bhai, just wondering did you order or get your AS yet?

kakhtar88
25th January 2011, 11:22
Hello bhai,

I spoke to khalid bhai and he is sending me the following:

- AS V10 SH bat weight requested was 2lb 8oz
- AS V3 SH bat 2lb 8oz
- 2x V10 batting gloves
- 1x V10 moulded batting legguards
- 1x AS thigh pad
- 1x AS wheelie kitbag

Total i have agreed to pay him including shipping is $450 aud.

kakhtar88
25th January 2011, 11:24
How do you upload pictures on this forum?

I will upload pics of all the gear when it arrives. Inshallah the bats he sends me are top class!

Cover Drive
25th January 2011, 11:35
Sounds good! InshAllah, I pray that you get top notch stuff!

When clicking 'Post Reply' scroll down a bit then click 'Manage Attachment' and then upload pictures.

Hope it helps :)

If you have any question(s) feel free to ask me :)