PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe the WikiLeaks are true?

haroonrasheed320
1st December 2010, 10:06
Do you believe the WikiLeaks or understand that it is propaganda by the US against all other nations especially the Muslim nations to create disharmony among them?

The recent leaks have sent most people in panic situation considering it a threat to their national security. All these leaks are pointing towards the negative direction. What’s damning is the US leaders consider it to be true, whereas most other nations declining its authenticity.

So the question is do you believe them?

a) They are all false & I agree it’s a US propaganda
b) They are all false & the creators just want to earn some bucks.
c) They are true, I believe them.
d) They are true, I am shocked and waiting for a war.

Poison
1st December 2010, 10:09
The actual leaks published are real - as in they're been procured by the creator of Wikileaks from US government databases. It's another question altogether as to whether the US govt planted the documents anticipating that somebody would find them and create disharmony among Muslims.

I take the first road, it's all true and that's why the US are generally crapping their pants about what Wikileaks will release next.

FastBowler
1st December 2010, 10:09
Not sure but I'm treating them as real for the time being

kingusama92
1st December 2010, 10:10
I would have to reluctantly go with C.

I believe them to a certain extent. I feel some of the "leaks" are most likely valid. There might be some that are fabricated or highly exaggerated to make them appear controversial in nature.

The reaction from the international community leads me to believe that bits are true and others aren't. The mixed reaction was expected regardless of the validity of these leaks because many nations suspect each other for tomfoolery. Didn't China send officials to North Korea in an attempt to tame the harm done from the leak? That would lead me to suspect that China knows what was leaked had some truth behind it.

Supposedly, Julian Assange said he plans on leaking more in the upcoming weeks.

Quite interesting.

Krishnan
1st December 2010, 10:14
No news of this stature which comes out in the media will be completely true or completely false either.Cant compartmentalise it.Wiki leaks previously also pointed out the atrocities committed by NATO Troops in Afghan and iraq,so its not just one way U.S propaganda.

haroonrasheed320
1st December 2010, 10:16
I would have to go reluctantly go with C.

I believe them to a certain extent. I feel some of the "leaks" are most likely valid. There might be some that are fabricated or highly exaggerated to make them appear controversial in nature.

The reaction from the international community leads me to believe that bits are true and others aren't. The mixed reaction was expected regardless of the validity of these leaks because many nations suspect each other for tomfoolery. Didn't China send officials to North Korea in an attempt to tame the harm done from the leak? That would lead me to suspect that China knows what was leaked had some truth behind it.

Supposedly, Julian Assange said he plans on leaking more in the upcoming weeks.

Quite interesting.

Mod, Can this be a poll?

kingusama92
1st December 2010, 10:19
Mod, Can this be a poll?

Done. :)

insaftak
1st December 2010, 10:28
I believe wikileaks but I'm not shocked. The people that follow news closely are aware of most of the stuff that came out in this leak. I am expecting another war in south Asia and/or middle east.

saqlain
1st December 2010, 10:29
I think everything released by Wikileaks are true. This kind of release is not going to serve US interests or policy in any possible way.

Khabri420
1st December 2010, 10:58
I believe they are true. Assange has said that he will be coming up with another series of these leaks that are regarding a large US bank. My prediction is that it will be about Goldman Sachs...

insaftak
1st December 2010, 11:13
I believe they are true. Assange has said that he will be coming up with another series of these leaks that are regarding a large US bank. My prediction is that it will be about Goldman Sachs...

Nytimes suggests it's bank of America. I wish it was Goldman Sachs though. Guys at goldman sachs are pure evil.

Khabri420
1st December 2010, 11:17
Nytimes suggests it's bank of America. I wish it was Goldman Sachs though. Guys at goldman sachs are pure evil.

Realistically it could be any of the banks, since they are all involved in unethical practices. Goldman is a cult. They played a major part in sending crude oil prices to $140+ a barrel screwing over the common man.

Cpt. Rishwat
1st December 2010, 13:54
Do you believe the WikiLeaks or understand that it is propaganda by the US against all other nations especially the Muslim nations to create disharmony among them?

The leaks only point out what is blindingly obvious anyway, you don't need the US to sow discord among muslims when they do such a bang up job by themselves. Most of the regimes are US-centric anyway, why do you think the term "Regime change" was coined?

umerz
1st December 2010, 14:15
Can you kindly add one more option....I don't care if they are true or false

Crazy_K
1st December 2010, 14:39
Who's panicking over the recent leaks?

The leaks are legit, now whether someone wanted to leak 'info' for their own agenda is a different story

zimmz
1st December 2010, 14:55
WikiLeaks is like NOTW....may have some truth but coated with lot of masala and behind the door backing of influential people in US (who themselves are in leaks but just to avoid any suspicion).

Crazy_K
1st December 2010, 15:10
Interpol issues wanted notice for Julian Assange
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/nov/30/interpol-wanted-notice-julian-assange

DeadlyVenom
1st December 2010, 15:20
there is nothing toooo damaging to America. Most shocking thing I seen was that America has nuclear weapons stashed in Turkey.

I feel that the leaks released are true but they maybe been filtered in someway

Abdullah22
1st December 2010, 15:42
If the info were true then the website would have long been taken down just like all the other 'terrorist websites'.

duostyle
1st December 2010, 15:54
Option C.

There were several attempts to shut the site down. At the moment, I can't visit it because it's down for me, probably another DDoS attack... Hopefully the cables were also added on torrents by people because it's a constant way to keep them flowing.

They only released like 300-400 docs out of 250k IIRC, :)), imagine the info there will be in them.

Markhor
1st December 2010, 16:08
It is the Middle East who look like fools,not America.There is absolutely nothing earth-shattering in these leaks,its much ado about nothing.Look past the hype and you'll see a lot of things that are blatantly obvious anyway and didnt need leaking.We know countries are wary of Iran's nuclear weapons.How is this creating disharmony against Muslims ? Muslim nations are wary of each other,especially the Arab states.

Option C,only because Assange is pointing out the obvious !

NJamal
1st December 2010, 16:42
America is using all these leaks to their own advantage

1st December 2010, 16:44
You can't make this stuff up .. especially this recent round of leaks which was just lol ..

WhiteDudeFromTrinidad
1st December 2010, 17:03
Done. :)

reading some of the comments in this fred maybe you should add another option to the poll

e) I believe that the first batch of wiki-leaks was true because they were very damaging to the USA but I believe this latest batch to be masala and an attempt to spread discord and disharmony amongst the Muslim world

:)

sanakazmi
1st December 2010, 17:10
Is this poll for real? What's there to disbelieve?

Krishnan
1st December 2010, 17:12
It is the Middle East who look like fools,not America.There is absolutely nothing earth-shattering in these leaks,its much ado about nothing.Look past the hype and you'll see a lot of things that are blatantly obvious anyway and didnt need leaking.We know countries are wary of Iran's nuclear weapons.How is this creating disharmony against Muslims ? Muslim nations are wary of each other,especially the Arab states.

Option C,only because Assange is pointing out the obvious !

Everything would be obvious as there are all sort of theories which would always go around in the news,but the thing is,it has to be on paper and that will matter.Eveyone knew there were no WMD's in Iraq but it was the chilcot enquiry committee report which officially put it on paper and shamed tony blair and others for playing their part along with U.S.More proper evidence the leaks provide,more embarassment for the involved parties.

1st December 2010, 17:12
reading some of the comments in this fred maybe you should add another option to the poll

e) I believe that the first batch of wiki-leaks was true because they were very damaging to the USA but I believe this latest batch to be masala and an attempt to spread discord and disharmony amongst the Muslim world

Honestly, we should restart the poll with this option.

1st December 2010, 17:14
Is this poll for real? What's there to disbelieve?

I don't know ?

Julian Assange and wikileaks were big heroes when they were exposing America.

What happened now ?

MRSN
1st December 2010, 17:23
is there anything in leaks that says 9/11 was an inside job? OR Talks about Nuclear weapons in Iraq?OR Usama bin Laden?

haroonrasheed320
1st December 2010, 17:40
News: On 30 November 2010, Interpol issued a red notice against Assange for sex crimes.

for those thinking his notice is related to crime related to Wikileaks be informed that the notice is for sex crimes only. Nothing to do with WikiLeaks but perhaps an excuse to get him arrested.

Indiafan
1st December 2010, 17:41
is there anything in leaks that says 9/11 was an inside job? OR Talks about Nuclear weapons in Iraq?OR Usama bin Laden?

As of now only 300 odd out of 250000 documents have been released so who knows

haroonrasheed320
1st December 2010, 17:51
Some eye openers. WikiLeaks from Peshawar
http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/origin/66_0.html
WikiLeaks from Islamabad
http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/origin/37_0.html

haroonrasheed320
1st December 2010, 17:54
surprisingly many Pakistan files related to UAE Govt, didn't expect UAE to be so politically important.

1st December 2010, 18:20
Some eye openers. WikiLeaks from Peshawar
http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/origin/66_0.html
WikiLeaks from Islamabad
http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/origin/37_0.html

Can't access them.

Funny how wiki wasn't facing these cyberattacks when they were posting only anti-american leaks.

sanakazmi
1st December 2010, 18:57
I don't know ?

Julian Assange and wikileaks were big heroes when they were exposing America.

What happened now ?

Haha, we're such hypocrites. I am amazed that almost NONE of the Pakistani channels / newspapers have been reporting on the exposés of the military (e.g. Kayani discussing replacing Zardari). E.g. everyone's jumping at the opportunity to question Gilani about his comment on ignoring the drones, but nobody dares to report the bit about XI Corps having a direct video downlink to the drone attacks.

Tapori
1st December 2010, 19:12
^LOL so true.

Only Pakistanis could turn one of the most important leaks in the history of modern politics into a conspiracy. The country and its urban-Middle-Class psuedo revolutionaries, really are in a state of deluded Paranoia.

Sometimes I despair at the lack of critical thinking.

Remember; People are People - These cables were accessed by 3 million personnel- Why is it so hard to believe someone can't sneak a 1.5GB USB with stuff on it? Look at the cables; They if anything lower the standards of the US.

UK Government officials left sensitive data recently (2008) in the back of a taxi, for God's sake!

How does it benefit the US? People will be less enthusiastic about talking to them.

Look at Wikileaks previous exposes; The same exposes Pakistanis' (rightly in that case) were using to show how "Evil" the US forces were!

-

LegendsXI
1st December 2010, 19:57
Us propaganda, but not all are fake. Some things are better said through a third person.

Serendipity
1st December 2010, 20:14
I think you need a separate option saying: I think it is slective propagande : some information is slected and passed on or deliberately leaked perhaps to gain US objectives? Wallahualam.

Xohaib
1st December 2010, 21:10
everything is true and not surprised.

Iqbal'sh
2nd December 2010, 00:28

This

MCMLXXXII
2nd December 2010, 01:52
People who think this is US propaganda need to pay more attention to how damaging some of the leaked cables are to the US and US interests.

LegendsXI
4th December 2010, 00:21
People who think this is US propaganda need to pay more attention to how damaging some of the leaked cables are to the US and US interests.

No one is saying that this stuff is manufactured by the US to defame the muslim world or anyone else.

There have been several articles in respectable papers such as Dawn in pak(dont know about other countries), suggesting that alot the information on these leaks has been edited(not manipulated, just omitted the sensitive stuff) by the US agencies.

This i think is plausible, because the US can handle defamation. But if the leaks had something serious against the US(national security serious), their agencies would have never let that information get published in the first place(one way or the other).

Tapori
4th December 2010, 14:45
^ But thats the thing Legends;

The authorities have no idea whats in the 250k cables.

Already The US right/Establishment have gone crazy about this; If you p them off you must be doing something right!

Check the media spin too portraying Assagne as "Wrong"

- People will have their lives in danger etc

Read Assanges Q and A in the Guardian - His point about how Freedom Of speech is allowed in Western coountries as it hold no sway over the powers that be... Until it starts exposing/questioning the powers that be.

In authoritarian countries "Freedom of speech" has the potential to topple power structures so is therefore oppressed.

In the west freedom of speech doesn't have the power to change the Financiers at the top so isn't really an issue; People are content to not challenge authorities as long as X-Factor is on with a beer and a nice pair on page 3... Or synthetic rage in "the Mail"

In the UK, the recent activism against Tax evaders (Blockade of Vodafone stores) and the student protests, has worried the authorities more than "The press".

-

Oh and great points attacking the warped logic of many :

Wikileaks: If it is against the US - Its true
If it paints Muslims/Pakistanis in a bad light - Its a conspiracy.