PDA

View Full Version : ISI Chief Thinks We Can Control Terrorism In 90 Days: Imran Khan

insaftak
10th January 2011, 22:54
TAoGFweVd1E

My question is what the hell is he doing meeting with ISI chief?

2) If ISI chief thinks that we can control terrorism in 90 days when we leave this war on terror than why the F are we fighting this useless war and allowing our people to get killed in FATA and Rest of Pakistan?

kkmix
10th January 2011, 23:09
Lol Imran Khan and his 'talks'.

Saad Hasan
10th January 2011, 23:09
Imran is dead wrong in his over zealous defence of the military leadership...Nasim is right...all operational control is excercised by Army in executing the war of terror...

usman_sheikh
10th January 2011, 23:20
chacha insaf,
There is nothing wrong with meeting up with ISI cheif. He said that he met him once or twice so he probably just bumped into him.Or if he didn't, then he ISI cheif probably needed imran advice to sort out current mess.
Secondly, we need a leader to leave this war of terror and unfortunately, pasha or kiani are not strong enough to take such a decision

usman_sheikh
10th January 2011, 23:22
Imran is dead wrong in his over zealous defence of the military leadership...Nasim is right...all operational control is excercised by Army in executing the war of terror...
saad chacha,
Some times your public opinion is different from your own opinion for the sake of your own country

insaftak
10th January 2011, 23:25
chacha insaf,
There is nothing wrong with meeting up with ISI cheif. He said that he met him once or twice so he probably just bumped into him.Or if he didn't, then he ISI cheif probably needed imran advice to sort out current mess.
Secondly, we need a leader to leave this war of terror and unfortunately, pasha or kiani are not strong enough to take such a decision

LOL @ bumped into him. ISI Chief is not saaja, maaaja or Taaja that anyone can meet him just like that.

I agree with you on pasha or kiayani not being strong enough to take a decision to leave this war.

kkmix
10th January 2011, 23:26
ISI cheif probably needed imran advice to sort out current mess.

:))):))) thanks for making me laugh out loud bro.

insaftak
10th January 2011, 23:27

Imran Khan wasn't defending military. The problem is with the current gov't that has outsourced foreign policy to military instead of tackling problems themselves. they are too afraid to take any decision and our military leadership isn't any better either.

usman_sheikh
10th January 2011, 23:33
:))):))) thanks for making me laugh out loud bro.
Oops. I think you just wet your pants, thats what happens when one laughs too much

usman_sheikh
10th January 2011, 23:33
LOL @ bumped into him. ISI Chief is not saaja, maaaja or Taaja that anyone can meet him just like that.

I agree with you on pasha or kiayani not being strong enough to take a decision to leave this war.
In front of imran cheeta, every one is saaja, maaja and taaja chacha ji

Vegitto1
10th January 2011, 23:49
In front of imran cheeta, every one is saaja, maaja and taaja chacha ji

Chacha Usman, I know you adore Imran Khan but that does not mean he is ALWAYS right.

usman_sheikh
10th January 2011, 23:51
Chacha Usman, I know you adore Imran Khan but that does not mean he is ALWAYS right.
Who said that imran is always right but on this occassion he is right

saadibaba
11th January 2011, 05:07
Spot on insaftak. What is he doing meeting up with ISI chief and when Naseem Zehra said that the war is in Army's control so why blame politicians, Imran was reluctant to criticize the army and continued to put all the blame on political leadership.

Now Im not saying that the political leadership of Pakistan should not be criticized, even if the army is in control of the foreign policy, it's a democratic government on paper. Imran's refusal to criticize the army makes me wonder if he is any different than other politicians. All wanting to be in army's good books. I hate to say it but Imran, at least from the video clip above, does not seem like much of a revolutionary to me.

FastBowler
11th January 2011, 05:16
Why shouldn't Imran meet General Pasha? Anyways, the only reason we remain in this war is because 1) To appease the US and 2) Because maybe the top leadership isn't convinced. Either way, Pakistan was completely right to hedge its bets at the beginning of the war as is becoming apparent now. The US was never going to win the war, and they were always going to put the blame on Pakistan, so Pakistan was right to hedge its bets, and now must start scaling back and stopping the war in its own territory. But before it does that, it needs to ensure that the US stops its drone attacks, as that is the first problem.

Qelic
11th January 2011, 05:23
Imran is becoming taafo ...... day by day !

saadibaba
11th January 2011, 05:26
Why shouldn't Imran meet General Pasha? Anyways, the only reason we remain in this war is because 1) To appease the US and 2) Because maybe the top leadership isn't convinced. Either way, Pakistan was completely right to hedge its bets at the beginning of the war as is becoming apparent now. The US was never going to win the war, and they were always going to put the blame on Pakistan, so Pakistan was right to hedge its bets, and now must start scaling back and stopping the war in its own territory. But before it does that, it needs to ensure that the US stops its drone attacks, as that is the first problem.

Do you seriously believe any drone attack can happen without the explicit approval and blessing of the army, specifically Kayani and Pasha. Why should Imran not meet ISI chief is because of ISI's reputation for being a major player in Pakistani politics. For being involved in rigging elections, using it's power to influence media and others, bribing politicians, overthrowing governments,etc. If he wants to call himself different from the rest of the politicians, than he should not indulge in such activities.

FastBowler
11th January 2011, 05:33
Do you seriously believe any drone attack can happen without the explicit approval and blessing of the army, specifically Kayani and Pasha. Why should Imran not meet ISI chief is because of ISI's reputation for being a major player in Pakistani politics. For being involved in rigging elections, using it's power to influence media and others, bribing politicians, overthrowing governments,etc. If he wants to call himself different from the rest of the politicians, than he should not indulge in such activities.

Yes I do. The Army will not approve of the drone attacks, especially when they make the Army's own job harder. As to the ISI's reputation, they are known to be involved in politics, but the ISI has not done so for years, and obviously Imran was not going to ask them to arrange some nice votes and ballot-filling for him.

saadibaba
11th January 2011, 05:35
Yes I do. The Army will not approve of the drone attacks, especially when they make the Army's own job harder. As to the ISI's reputation, they are known to be involved in politics, but the ISI has not done so for years, and obviously Imran was not going to ask them to arrange some nice votes and ballot-filling for him.

What can I say. Keep living in your dream world.

insaftak
11th January 2011, 05:38

Do you know the history of Drone attacks in pakistan or who handed over the shehbaz airbase near jacqobabad to the americans. I am probablly the biggest PTI/Imran Khan supporter and I am ****** that Imran Khan met with ISI chief. They are part of the problem just like Nawaz, Zardari, Shujahat, Fazal ur Rehman and Altaf Hussein are part of the problem.

usman_sheikh
11th January 2011, 18:15
Do you know the history of Drone attacks in pakistan or who handed over the shehbaz airbase near jacqobabad to the americans. I am probablly the biggest PTI/Imran Khan supporter and I am ****** that Imran Khan met with ISI chief. They are part of the problem just like Nawaz, Zardari, Shujahat, Fazal ur Rehman and Altaf Hussein are part of the problem.

Wrong, You are the second biggest PTI supporter, I AM THE NUMBER ONE SUPPORTER OF IMRAN KHAN AND PTI :D

ganeshran
11th January 2011, 18:28
The army and political leadership are not happy at the drone strikes but they have certainly given it their implicit approval. Without that, the strikes would have stopped a long time ago

LooneyReturns
31st July 2013, 09:37
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0ankfnUTS1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

wasim-fan
31st July 2013, 10:10
Good Lord. I love Immy bhai. But sometimes he talks so much non sense.