PDA

View Full Version : Akramís Reebok store opens

Officer Barbrady
24th February 2005, 03:36
Akramís Reebok store opens

By Shahnawaz Khan

LAHORE: Wasim Akramís Reebok sportswear store was opened at popular business hub MM Alam Road in grandeur by cricket legend-turned politician Imran Khan on Wednesday.

A smiling Akram, dressed in red and blue and surrounded by dozens of youngsters, mingled with the crowd chatting with friends, family and business partner and brother-in-law Amir Saeed.

The whole building was illuminated with lights and huge posters of Rebook sporting Akram on the front were put on display. A number of shop officials also wearing red t-shirts and black trousers with the help of police maintained tight security. The shop also has on display a few pairs of the shoes that Akram wore in cricket matches.

Imranís arrival at the spot brightened up the crowdís mood and people rushed the hero in the hopes of shaking his hand. The scene was spiced up with the presence of Ramiz Raja, Inzamamul Haq, Waqar Younas, Arshad Khan, Shoaib Malik, Yousaf Youhana, Bob Woolmer, Sobindher Singh, the managing director of Reebok South Asia, and film star Resham. After the inauguration, Khan told the media, ďI would like to congratulate Wasim and wish him all the success in this new venture.Ē A thankful Akram replied, ďI am glad that people of Lahore have supported me in all my ventures, and I am sure that this new project will also be patronised.Ē

Singh was full of praise for his companyís role model Akram, ďIt was the love of Akram which compelled us to start a business outlet in Lahore. Later on, the sportswear giant will branch out to other cities. I met Akram a year ago and after a detailed negotiation I convinced him to franchise an outlet.Ē

Ali Abbas, an ardent fan of famous cricketer Waseem Akram, became the first customer at Akramís Reebok shop after making purchases of Rs 3,400 just three hours after the shop opened.

Officer Barbrady
24th February 2005, 03:37
http://dailytimes.com.pk/images/24_2_2005_P1011639.jpg

Link to a picture of it, how do I post a picture with a message??

waquas_uk
24th February 2005, 04:17
nice good to hear former cricket enjoying life in pak

Waqar's inswinging yorker
24th February 2005, 05:20
thats it - keep chasing those $$$$$ when his country needs him

Officer Barbrady
24th February 2005, 07:31
Why not? I think Reebok will do well in Lahore and was a good idea on Wasim's part. Credit to him.

I am sure if PCB give him proper incentives -- yes money -- he will do whatever they want him to. Why should he do it for free? This 'county needs him' sort of statement is empty emotion.

24th February 2005, 08:28
empty emotion? this is the guy that told saeed anwar to stop coaching youngsters because he thought anwar could hold out for more/should demand more!!! now i wouldnt believe that normally till saeed anwar said it himslef - thats a disgarce - luckily anwar didnt listen to him

Officer Barbrady
24th February 2005, 09:03
empty emotion? this is the guy that told saeed anwar to stop coaching youngsters because he thought anwar could hold out for more/should demand more!!! now i wouldnt believe that normally till saeed anwar said it himslef - thats a disgarce - luckily anwar didnt listen to him

Well Saeed shouldn't be doing it for free or small amounts. Of course he should demand and be paid what is reasonable for a man of his experience and standing. The PCB has enough funds and is not a charitable organization. I agree with Wasim.

24th February 2005, 09:42
well i dont - fair enough if akram wants more - what does it matter to him what anwar gets? if anwar is happy then thats fine by me. Actual figures were given - saeed bhai gets paid about 50 000 rupees i read and akram said he should ask is minimum for 200 000 rupees

Officer Barbrady
24th February 2005, 09:51
Well call it advise from a friend! He may say anything to Saeed!

Anyhow the topic is Wasim's Reebok initiative.

sameer
24th February 2005, 13:36
waiting for his karachi branch.

MIG
24th February 2005, 13:41
The scene was spiced up with the presence of Ramiz Raja, Inzamamul Haq, Waqar Younas, Arshad Khan, Shoaib Malik, Yousaf Youhana, Bob Woolmer, Sobindher Singh, the managing director of Reebok South Asia, and film star Resham.

Film star Resham ? cant remember her playing any match on a cricket field - do they make Reebok stilettoes ?

KB
24th February 2005, 15:54
"this is the guy that told saeed anwar to stop coaching youngsters because he thought anwar could hold out for more/should demand more!!!"

That was only a media rumour. I would not build monuments on media rumour.

Oxy
24th February 2005, 21:11
Will the Pak public want to spend RS 5000 on a pair of trainers that they currently buy for RS 300? (number do maal of course)

MIG
25th February 2005, 00:53
bump....

Oxy
25th February 2005, 01:59
fareeha Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:05 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasim Akram has brought World's famous Sportswear chain in Pakistan. Check out detailed story at Dareecha

www.dareecha.com

MenInGreen Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:23 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fareeha:

Welcome to PP - hope you have an enjoyable stay here.

A few points:

1. All non cricket type items tend to be put in the Time Pass Forum

2. I have now moved this thread to the Time Pass Forum

3. In the Time Pass Forum, you will find another thread of the same name, started a little earlier by another member

4. For future ref, pls check if a story has already been posted before.

5. Have a great time at PP !!

Thanks

Your Friendly Mod on PP - cool, calm and sauve....

entralinks Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:45 pm

Welcome Fareeha.

Thanks to Waheed bhai for his immense efforts and hardwork in making PakPassion as it is today a mighty success. Hats off to him and best of luck in all that is to come.

RH Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:47 pm

hope you enjoy your time at pp Fareeha

------------------

Fareeha- just merged yor thread into one that was opened earlier.

Welcome to 'Time Pass'!

Officer Barbrady
25th February 2005, 03:17
Will the Pak public want to spend RS 5000 on a pair of trainers that they currently buy for RS 300? (number do maal of course)

Nike is doing very well there. Reebok should be successful as well.