PDA

View Full Version : The changes you'd like to see your club make, during the Summer?

Saj
24th May 2011, 23:15
Add the players in this thread that you would realistically like your team to sign in the close season.

talha3
24th May 2011, 23:56
Already got DeGea confirmed now :)

That's all we needed actually. This team is enough to get you the title and possibly win the champions leauge, what else could you ask for?

Afridi_Fan
25th May 2011, 00:07
Wesley Sneijder.

Theo_14
25th May 2011, 00:28
There's would be more dicussion if the thread title could be changed to "changes you'd like to see your club make?"

Wenger needs money in the bank to sign the specific players I'll be mentioning but it's vital we sell the likes of Denilson, Almunia, Bendtner and possibly Vela and hopefully have enough money to sign 2 towering defenders who are fairly experienced and a striker with Miyaichi hopeffully being granted work permit.

Toe Crusher
25th May 2011, 00:49
Of the various ones we have been linked with; Sneijder, Douglas DeCosta, Ashley Young, Lassana Diarra, Karim Benzema, Gareth Bale, De Gea and others,

- I'd be happy with 3-4 of them such as the Keeper (I was feeling the Shalke keeper, Manuel Neuer, but think he's already arranged with Bayern. Haven't seen much of DeGea but from all accounts, seems to be good choice)..
- Sneijder, def however will cost top dollar (can't believe we didn't get him earlier when he was around 10m)
- Costa seems exciting, we really need the attacking midfielder in the mold of Modric etc... Sneijder could well be the guy.... unfortunately Anderson hasn't really done it (or been given the chance) to fulfil that role, though think he had the capability. Can't for the life of me think why Fergie didn't go for Ozil when we had the chance, at a snip as well... look how he's developing..
- I actually wouldn't mind Young as a squad player, could develop and is English as well.. good option with Nani and also with Giggs retiring soon..
- Don't think we'll get Bale tbh, although I'd take him...
- On the fence with Benzema... initially last year thought he'd be great to have, he's had an up and down season this year.. but think Fergie rates him..
- Possibly a right back also..

25th May 2011, 01:20
Already got DeGea confirmed now :)

That's all we needed actually. This team is enough to get you the title and possibly win the champions leauge, what else could you ask for?

Congratz ... this kid will be the next VDS.

I'd like to see Barca sign Tevez or Snyder ... however they seem to be going after Rossi instead .. another potential dumb transfer from Pep.

Amir
25th May 2011, 03:08
Not sure why Barca need more strikers...but if so, I would like United to sign Messi.

Wanting and doing it are two actual things, but I thought this is called what players you want thread :P

AZ
25th May 2011, 03:10
apparently we have made a serious offer for Aguero, so let's see...

would like to see 2 proper fullbacks and a left winger, then I think we're good.

Rizie
25th May 2011, 03:37
Real Madrid

Vidic
Aguero
Ibrahimovic
Essien

Theo_14
25th May 2011, 03:41
Not sure why Barca need more strikers...but if so, I would like United to sign Messi.

Wanting and doing it are two actual things, but I thought this is called what players you want thread :P

Title needs to be changed to "Changes you'd like to see your club make, this Summer?" For a more in depth discussion in the thread.

And we have a better chance of signing Messi, afterall... He is young... Which clearly attracts Wenger, for some reason.

AZ
25th May 2011, 03:48
Real Madrid

Aguero

they will have to pay 45M Euros as per his release clause for a fellow Spanish club.

not gonna happen.

City and Inter also interested though.

Rizie
25th May 2011, 03:55
they will have to pay 45M Euros as per his release clause for a fellow Spanish club.

not gonna happen.

City and Inter also interested though.

Yeah know it, whatif real pays an other team to buy him for example porto. And then later real buys him from porto.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

AZ
25th May 2011, 03:58
that is very unlikely.

in any case they don't need him, goalscoring is not an issue.

Geordie Ahmed
25th May 2011, 08:11
If it was up to me I would go for the following, not sure how realistic it is though

Charles N'Zogbia
Gameiro/Wolfswinkel
Connor Wickham
M'Bengue (if Enrique goes)

Also would not mind us getting James McCarthy

Toe Crusher
25th May 2011, 09:51
apparently we have made a serious offer for Aguero, so let's see...

would like to see 2 proper fullbacks and a left winger, then I think we're good.

you've already tied up Pirlo..

if stories are true, you'll have quite a budget for a summer spending spree... however wonder how much talent will be attracted with no European football...

also linked with Nani as are Inter, but that won't happen..

Anwar
25th May 2011, 11:07
Man Utd need a central midfielder or two in place of scholes/giggs/carrick. Keeper i believe is done already de Gea from athletico and linegaard as back up. maybe a full back, or winger .

Afridi_Fan
25th May 2011, 12:24
Real Madrid

Vidic

That is NOT gonna happen. :P

Equinox
25th May 2011, 16:31
Well De Gea has been confirmed although I would've prefered Neuer. Sneijder and Bale would be good replacements for Scholes and Giggs. Although I wouldn't be upset if nothing happens this summer. The current squad is good enough to retain the PL next season.

Theo_14
26th May 2011, 01:05
Arsenal need to sell players first in order to gain good amount of money to spend on real quality players.

The players I want out...
- Denilson
- Bendtner
- Almunia
- Squillaci

The players I want in...
- Benzema
- Samba
- Sakho

Other changes...
- Bring in Keown and resign him as a coach of defence because last time he made a huge difference
- Gain work permit for Miyaichi - exceptional talent, big future ahead of him.

Dr. Schaden Freud
26th May 2011, 02:04
My list is pretty similar to Theo's list. The players I want out are the same.

Instead of Samba and Sakho, I want Parker and Cahill to be brought in.

Theo_14
26th May 2011, 02:20
My list is pretty similar to Theo's list. The players I want out are the same.

Instead of Samba and Sakho, I want Parker and Cahill to be brought in.

I'd love to see Parker at Arsenal. He'd make a instant impact and his attitude towards the game would suit our style of play perfectly.

Cahill is fairly young, tall and has premiership experience but is Wenger willing to match Coyle's asking fee, which is 20mill?

Geordie Ahmed
26th May 2011, 02:22
Cahill is a good defender BUT no way is he worth 20mill

Samba is probably a better bet, the Indians would probably accept a bid around the 8mill mark and I reckon he would love to join Arsenal

Geordie Ahmed
26th May 2011, 02:23
A bit unrealistic BUT I would like us to try to go for Daniel Sturridge if Chelsea don't give him assurances of 1st team football - would give him the number 9 as well

Dr. Schaden Freud
26th May 2011, 12:29
I'd love to see Parker at Arsenal. He'd make a instant impact and his attitude towards the game would suit our style of play perfectly.

Cahill is fairly young, tall and has premiership experience but is Wenger willing to match Coyle's asking fee, which is 20mill?

Cahill has one year left in his contract. Bolton may demand 20 million now, but, his asking price will quickly come down as time passes. I don't reckon he'll go for more than 12 million which is a decent price for him.

Amjid Javed
26th May 2011, 14:41
Cahill is a good defender BUT no way is he worth 20mill

Samba is probably a better bet, the Indians would probably accept a bid around the 8mill mark and I reckon he would love to join Arsenal

He was meant to join in January but a fee and a few other things couldnt be resolved.

Amjid Javed
26th May 2011, 14:42
Cahill has one year left in his contract. Bolton may demand 20 million now, but, his asking price will quickly come down as time passes. I don't reckon he'll go for more than 12 million which is a decent price for him.

Man city are interested so even though 12 Mill would be an ideal price, sadly they will bump up the price :(

26th May 2011, 23:51

You couldn't even keep Ronaldo so don't dream about signing Messi :P

And yes Barca do need strikers .. Messi has been essentially playing as a midfielder this year and Villa has been hot or cold.