PDA

View Full Version : Khan to go pro

Waqar's inswinging yorker
25th February 2005, 03:54
amir khan on bbc news says he is gonna turn pro in the next few months!!!!!

entralinks
25th February 2005, 03:56
pro = prostitute? ... Why? |-Q

Geordie Ahmed
25th February 2005, 04:01
I think its a bad move, he should stay Amatuer for about 2 years! his last fight showed he is not ready, he is still very raw!

Also he should look at ALI HAIDER the pakistani boxer who has struggled with PRO, its not an easy step to make!
I know he wants to make money BUT all it takes is one loss and his appeal would dwindle!

25th February 2005, 04:10
haider ali is a top notch prospect - ppl said he had incorporated muhmmad ali, sugar ray leonard in his style - some compliments - but he will make it to the top geordie

Geordie Ahmed
25th February 2005, 04:17
WIY i do agree that he is a top prospect BUT im saying that even he has found it hard to adjust to PRO. and this guy has had over 200 fights in Amatuer, i just think Amir Khan should fight in Amatuer for a couple of years at least!

25th February 2005, 04:22
I agree with GA. He's still too young

25th February 2005, 04:23
geordie - not everyone fights to the grain - some people have skipped the amateurs and gone pro right away and others make great amateurs but struggle in pro's nothing really like the professionals. Look at audley harrison - guy is a joke after ruling in the amateurs

25th February 2005, 04:25
i think he should turn pro - take european/commonwealth title route and inshallah step up - He is at the top of his game - what if he fails at 2008 olympics or loses a few times? he wont earn same amount as money - best to move up now - but he shouldnt go with frank warren - guy is a joke

Geordie Ahmed
25th February 2005, 05:03
i think he should turn pro - take european/commonwealth title route and inshallah step up - He is at the top of his game - what if he fails at 2008 olympics or loses a few times? he wont earn same amount as money - best to move up now - but he shouldnt go with frank warren - guy is a joke

WIY i dont think he should go to Beijing either!
He should stay Amatuer for 2 more years!

Also i think he will be moving to PRO for the wrong reasons i.e Money!
In 2 years Amir will still be able to earn good money, he should not jeapordise his long term future for quick bucks now!
Did you see the fight where he got knocked down, it shows that he is not ready yet. let him fight in Amatuer and it wont matter if he loses a fight here or there BUT if he loses a fight at PRO then it will affect him big time!

Assara K
25th February 2005, 11:47
He said he wants to be 25 and a legend

25th February 2005, 11:53
never be another naseem hamed - khan is special but still naz in his prime was unstoppable

Assara K
25th February 2005, 11:56
whenever Khan makes a decision/statement, it never seems to be him sayin"i think" but its always "my manager or my family think"

dya think his dad is to controlling about his career?

25th February 2005, 12:02
i certainly do, but i feel he should turn pro coz even if he stays amateur he will still have to learn the same things and he may as well turn pro at his prime - in beijing - who knows cuba probably have an heir to mario cesar kindelan so gold there aint assured and his stock will fall dramatically

Geordie Ahmed
25th February 2005, 20:31
I dont think he should go to Beijing either!
I just think atleast a year in Amatuer would do him good!

Assara K
25th February 2005, 22:05
but its too early for him to start pro

he needs a bit of experience first!