PDA

View Full Version : So you think you are a SYED? Think again

MIG
28th June 2011, 09:26
Apparently, people claiming to be Syeds arent really that ( they may not know it!)

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/mace-lab/publications/articles/2010/Belle_AAS10_Syed.pdf

AZ
28th June 2011, 09:38
Have never understood the fake importance they give themselves, especially in Pakistan.

'Hum Syed hain, hum Syed hain...'

so?

LethalSami
28th June 2011, 09:41
a lot of people claim to be Syed..............we even had cases in our pind that a Marasi moved from pind to city and there he started calling himself/claiming to be Syed.....

LethalSami
28th June 2011, 09:43
Have never understood the fake importance they give themselves, especially in Pakistan.

'Hum Syed hain, hum Syed hain...'

so?

there are certain things that applies toSyeds...and it is a honor thing to belong to Syed family

for example, u can't give Zakat to Syed (though u can help em through other means)

maybe someone can detail/ list the whole code...

Foozee
28th June 2011, 09:58
Me neither.. sick of the "hum Syed hain, Syed hain" soo what... u have super natural powers or something..wannabes

Striver
28th June 2011, 10:40
Actually many Syeds are also Shias. I personally know couple of families who are shias and call themselves Syeds.

They claim that Syeds link back to Ahle Bayt.

Allahu Aalim

Aly
28th June 2011, 10:58
Don't really need to bother about chromosomes when babar ghauri claims to be a pathan or Faisal Raza abdi yells that he is Syed,you know it's a blatent lie just looking at their pathanish and Arabic looks

Never really gave a flying kiss about the various castes and ethnicities advertised by the south Asian Muslims ..inadvertently they were always running away from their mediocre Hindu past

violet_may
28th June 2011, 11:06
:haha :haha

This is probably true for most people claiming to be a part of a certain group.

PakPeace
28th June 2011, 12:45
Alright I let you guys know I am Syed but i don't think it makes me any different from any of other guys but what i have seen that people do respect us a lot, some people take it a bit too far When i was 13 (about 5 years ago in Pakistan) walking back from Friday prayer with some of my neighbours on a footpath( you know paths in rural areas are sometimes where tight) I was behind this guy who must have been about 40 was interrupted from another old guy (60+) he said to him why are you walking in front of him hes a Syed and you are jaat you shouldn;t be walking in front of him guess what the guy stopped and said to me you go in front bloddy hell i was so embarrassed in front of lots of people , what different does it make working in front or back , i am not saying there aren't any Syeds who think that they are better than the others but there are very few.

PakPeace
28th June 2011, 12:47
Actually many Syeds are also Shias.

Allahu Aalim

That is also true lots of them too lots of families from my mom's side are shia but very few who are related to my dad thats coz we said to have come from iraq/iran back in days

My Dad told me this once from on of the books he had i don't know who wrote this but its

Yoon to sayed bhi ho, Mirza bhi ho, Afghan bhi ho

Tum sabhi kuchh ho, batao keh musalman bhi ho?

Statsman
28th June 2011, 12:53
Pardon me for my ignorance but who's a Syed? and marasi?

ballyho
28th June 2011, 13:20
^^
Just as above. I checked up on wiki and understood a bit. But is Syed a title or the actual name, as in, is every person who's called Syed a part of this?
Thanks

PakPeace
28th June 2011, 13:26
A Syed is one who claims to be a direct descendant of the Holy Prophet Muhammad, peace be on him.

"... Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you ..." (Quran 49:13)

MIG
28th June 2011, 13:27
Tricky one - in theory, you shouldnt name anyone with first name Syed if he isnt actually a Syed (as we can see from OP that its not easy to ascertain that!)

Zaz
28th June 2011, 13:28

A syed is some1 who is a descendant of the Prophet muhammad (pbuh)

A marasi is a low caste

PerfectionPersonified
28th June 2011, 13:41
I would like Malik Mohsin bhai Views on this....

its better to SHUT up then making stupid comments about sadaat

Desire
28th June 2011, 13:42
Recently i have found out that in rawalpindi islamabad, syeds are very rich people. how come syeds are so rich??

ballyho
28th June 2011, 13:43
Tricky one - in theory, you shouldnt name anyone with first name Syed if he isnt actually a Syed (as we can see from OP that its not easy to ascertain that!)

ok, thanks

PakPeace
28th June 2011, 13:46
Recently i have found out that in rawalpindi islamabad, syeds are very rich people. how come syeds are so rich??

I am not saying this because i am a Syed but lots of Syed are rich if not very but there are also many who are poor

Mohsin
28th June 2011, 13:50
Don't really need to bother about chromosomes when babar ghauri claims to be a pathan or Faisal Raza abdi yells that he is Syed,you know it's a blatent lie just looking at their pathanish and Arabic looks

Never really gave a flying kiss about the various castes and ethnicities advertised by the south Asian Muslims ..inadvertently they were always running away from their mediocre Hindu past
LOL Baber Gauri said he's a Pathan?! :O :))

Generalisation

zimmz
28th June 2011, 14:36
its better to SHUT up then making stupid comments about sadaat

Being syed doesn't make them above every one else. I have met many so called syed who are corrupt to core and do lot of haram things.

mithun_minhas
28th June 2011, 14:45

How do you know that they are Hindus before? They could be Budhists too? :murali

After all, When Arabs conquered Sindh, Most Pakistanis were not Hindus. They good portion of them already converted to Budhism :nehra

Opener
28th June 2011, 14:56
My Dad told me this once from on of the books he had i don't know who wrote this but its

Yoon to sayed bhi ho, Mirza bhi ho, Afghan bhi ho

Tum sabhi kuchh ho, batao keh musalman bhi ho?

Its Allama Iqbal and the verse is from Jawab-e-Shikwa. I think the second phrase is

"Tum sabhi kuch ho, batao to musalman bhi ho"

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 15:03
family trees

and family artifacts dont lie...

i have nothing but proof that i am a sayyid...and every single pukhtun in the sarhad and afghanistan will probably back it all up...and im sure those that call themselves sayyid also have proof...me and many other sayyids have relatively identical ancestors in our family trees too down the line...i have seen it to try and give myself some peace...

not going to go into the history because i dont feel its important to write and essay and some people will still come and chat crap...

it doesnt mean that i am superior to anybody but i hate how some people will go and try to make out that somebody isnt a sayyid...just because they may not be one...

the syed hussain shahs of ismaila are all sayyids...but over the years are classified as pathans due to integrating with them

PerfectionPersonified
28th June 2011, 15:11
Being syed doesn't give make them above every one else. I have met many so called syed who are corrupt to core and do lot fo haram things.

where did i say this? but i am not BSting as many are,,remember

an empty glass always makes noise

DeadlyVenom
28th June 2011, 15:26
I've always been surprised at the number of Syeds in Pakistan.

Foozee
28th June 2011, 15:53
dunno if they exist..but many Syeds are delusional.. especially in Pakistan

Poison
28th June 2011, 15:56
Fake eh?

I found out three months ago I'm a fake Khan, name was taken up 4 gens ago ... we're really Chaudry's :zardari

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 15:59
Don't really need to bother about chromosomes when <b>babar ghauri claims to be a pathan</b> or Faisal Raza abdi yells that he is Syed,you know it's a blatent lie just looking at their pathanish and Arabic looks

ooooh...:))

right yeah in his dreams...no pathan i have met...even mixed with something else looks anything like that :))
and yes there may be a hint of racism in my comment...
tell him to stop insulting us

Opener
28th June 2011, 16:02
It does not matter. If people read what the Prophet SAW had to say about lineage and ancestry we won't be having much of debate.

Opener
28th June 2011, 16:04

right yeah in his dreams...no pathan i have met...even mixed with something else looks anything like that :))

You had as much control over where you were born as he did.

Eagle_Eye
28th June 2011, 16:08
family trees

and family artifacts dont lie...

i have nothing but proof that i am a sayyid...and every single pukhtun in the sarhad and afghanistan will probably back it all up...and im sure those that call themselves sayyid also have proof...me and many other sayyids have relatively identical ancestors in our family trees too down the line...i have seen it to try and give myself some peace...

not going to go into the history because i dont feel its important to write and essay and some people will still come and chat crap...

it doesnt mean that i am superior to anybody but i hate how some people will go and try to make out that somebody isnt a sayyid...just because they may not be one...

the syed hussain shahs of ismaila are all sayyids...but over the years are classified as pathans due to integrating with them

Then you are not Pathan but an Arab by definition since "true" Syeds only marry fellow Syeds.....

Interestingly, the status of Brahmins and Syeds is quite comparable in the Hindu and Muslim communities. I wonder if the latter conveniently replaced the former for the new recruits to Islam.

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 16:09
@opener

lol my bad...hey if people can openely criticize me on this forum

ill do likewise to random others especially that guy...does he speak pashto? does he know anything about the culture? is he not a member of mqm? arent mqm and the pathans waring?

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 16:10
Then you are not Pathan but an Arab by definition since "true" Syeds only marry only fellow Syeds.....

Interestingly, the status of Brahmins and Syeds is quite comparable in the Hindu and Muslim communities. I wonder if the latter conveniently replaced the former for the new recruits to Islam.

im going to ignore this because your not pukhtun eagle eye...only they can pass judgement on me and tell me im not a pathan (pashto speakers only)

but you may be right...regardless centuries of integrating surely means we are...we abide by the language and pashtunwali...but i guess i cant say much else

so be it

kkmix
28th June 2011, 16:12

not sure why he'd wanna be a pathan even in his dreams. And yea you're pretty racist.

AZ
Fake eh?

I found out three months ago I'm a fake Khan, name was taken up 4 gens ago ... we're really Chaudry's :zardari

Khan (Bahadur) was also a title given by the British for Muslims, so could be that.

Foozee
Fake eh?

haha me too.. fake khan.. We're Chauhan's

Poison
28th June 2011, 16:13
LOL at 'only they can pass judgement on me' ... the superiority complex some people have with regard to other ethnicities will eventually bring the downfall of civilisation.

AZ
28th June 2011, 16:13
im going to ignore this because your not pukhtun eagle eye...only they can pass judgement on me...

but you may be right...regardless centuries of integrating surely means we are...we abide by the language and pashtunwali...but i guess i cant say much else

so be it

lol, you're full of crap dude.

they abide Pakhtoonwali in Ireland?

Poison
28th June 2011, 16:14
Khan (Bahadur) was also a title given by the British for Muslims, so could be that.

I think (Dad says) that my great great grandfather was a fairly popular professor in Lahore, and took the name as a title of sorts. :afridi

AZ
28th June 2011, 16:15
I think (Dad says) that my great great grandfather was a fairly popular professor in Lahore, and took the name as a title of sorts. :afridi

and yet you support the :kd

TRAITAAH!

Poison
28th June 2011, 16:16
I think you all know why I support the Dolphins :afridi

AZ
28th June 2011, 16:17
im going to ignore this because your not pukhtun eagle eye...only they can pass judgement on me and tell me im not a pathan (pashto speakers only)

so be it

Prince Pathan did you not tell me in a PM that you're half-Punjabi?

Foozee
LOL at 'only they can pass judgement on me' ... the superiority complex some people have with regard to other ethnicities will eventually bring the downfall of civilisation.

and delusional too...

Prince_Pathan
lol, you're full of crap dude.

they abide Pakhtoonwali in Ireland?

? no they dont but why forget your culture?

so be it lol...again say what ye want i really dont care...

ill post my opinions freely as do many others

AZ
28th June 2011, 16:18
if they are racist and putting down other people then you most certainly will not be posting 'freely'.

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 16:18

well hazaraywall...iv always assumed it to be punjabi...but you go from your dads side...that is normally the trend anyways...

mithun_minhas
28th June 2011, 16:19

Then you were a Heendooo before? :nehra

I know a lot of Chauhans in India..

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 16:21
if they are racist and putting down other people then you most certainly will not be posting 'freely'.

i dont know if i can be classified as a racist lol

im closer to my non pashto speaking cousins lol...

i just dont see how that babr ghauri guy can claim something when evidently he definately isnt...but maybe it was wrong of me to do that lol

Foozee
28th June 2011, 16:21
Then you were a Heendooo before? :nehra

I know a lot of Chauhans in India..

maybe... but from what I know.. Chauhan Rajput from the muslim side..

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 16:23

also as a moderator of a forum didnt you also say everything in a pm is classified :))

Eagle_Eye
28th June 2011, 16:23

so be it

I live in UK, if for the next 1000 years, the subsequent generations only marry fellow Pakistanis... Its not going to make them Anglo Saxon even though they will speak the same language and follow the same rules :)

AZ
28th June 2011, 16:24
Confidentiality Agreements only apply to doctors and lawyers :kapil

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 16:24
your right sorry about my tone in earlier post eagle eye...i got mad lol...i should really stop doing that and then feel bad after because your one of the nice guys of the forum

hope you accept it

mithun_minhas
28th June 2011, 16:25
maybe... but from what I know.. Chauhan Rajput from the muslim side..

Chauhan Rajputs in India can be found mostly in Jammu, Rajasthan and Gujrat. Some are found in Punjab and Himachal Pradesh too..

Eagle_Eye
28th June 2011, 16:28
your right sorry about my tone in earlier post eagle eye...i got mad lol...i should really stop doing that and then feel bad after because your one of the nice guys of the forum

No worries... its all good fun.

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 16:32
^^ but if thats the case

then all PAKISTANIS are INDIANS

see what i just did there? :P

shared the same country for thousands of years :P

Eagle_Eye
28th June 2011, 16:36
^^ but if thats the case

then all PAKISTANIS are INDIANS

see what i just did there? :P

shared the same country for thousands of years :P

Pakistanis are the real Indians :)

Indus ----> Indu ------> India

River Indus runs the entire length of Pakistan.

mithun_minhas
28th June 2011, 16:44
Pakistanis are the real Indians :)

Indus ----> Indu ------> India

River Indus runs the entire length of Pakistan.

LOL

We inherited the Indus Valley Civilization and Vedic Legacy to go along with Budhist Sutras. We even name our female kids with the names Indu, Sindhu etc.

Modern day Pakistanis did not inherit the culture of the old Indus Valley and Sanatan Dharma and Vedic Legacy.

So bottom line, we get to be called Indians and You guys get a lota for that :asif

Eagle_Eye
28th June 2011, 16:58
LOL

We inherited the Indus Valley Civilization and Vedic Legacy to go along with Budhist Sutras. We even name our female kids with the names Indu, Sindhu etc.

Modern day Pakistanis did not inherit the culture of the old Indus Valley and Sanatan Dharma and Vedic Legacy.

So bottom line, we get to be called Indians and You guys get a lota for that :asif

Whatever floats your boat..... we know the real score :)

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 17:04
is it safe to say balochis are iranian

pathans are afghans

the kalash are nuristani = also alexanders army?

whereas then punjabi, sindhi is an indian race?

<b>but thats my point eagle eye...alot of people on here will admonish this yet then tell somebody else that they are not what they claim to be...</b> am i the only one that sees selectivity on this issue?

i just think its a bit unfair...

with respect to my comment about babar ghauri..im not the only one that laughed at his claim but im the only one that got reprimanded verbally for it... i jus dont see how an mqm man can claim that...when all i hear is how much the mqm dudes and anp hate eachother

all races above need to sort out whatever differences they have before we turn into another yugoslavia...

GOAT
28th June 2011, 17:06
Indians have such an interest with our past lineage and the fact we South Asian Muslims, somewhere along the line, decided to give up on the ignorant ways of the past. Why you guys so hurt though?

GOAT
28th June 2011, 17:09
Oh and P.S., all this "Pathan this, that" is **. No one outside of the subcontinent would know what in the blue hell you're talking about if you say you're a Pathan, a Mohajir, or a Sindhi. As far as the rest of the world is considered, we're all just brown. If you all thought like that instead of bringing in 100 year old family names and ancestries, Pakistan would be a better place.

Seriously some of you have the brain capacity of 12 year olds arguing about who's dad is cooler. Grow up.

NJamal
28th June 2011, 17:16
^ GOAT disagree with you that Pathans are not known the world over. We are a very famous race all over the World. lol:afridi

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 17:19
^^ the irish here know what a pathan is goat...the iraqis and arabs i know also do know...they asked me if i was pathan when i first met some of them...

they said you look like us thats why but said you were pakistani...you would be surprised at how intellectual some people are about these things

of course alot of people would say your all the same thing but there are alot of people that do know...especially about the pashtun people of afghanistan and the tribal belt...i just give them more information...

the irish nationalists see the pathans as being very similar to them... fighting oppression & invasion since as long as history itself...also various american and russian journalists on youtube will also say the same thing...

njamal is right

even during cric you will hear indian and pakistani commentators say...power of pathan if a ethnic pathan is batting...or in dubai you will always here...the pathans are here to support their team...

indian friend i know from kerala south india..."ek kahawath maine suni hain...kabhi jatt ya pathan se dushmani math karna"

Poison
28th June 2011, 17:29
Lol at reasoning

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 17:33
?

what i have said above is experiences

not reasoning

the bit about pakistanis being indians is the truth...people should learn to accept it...a new race isnt born in 64 years

becuase if they can point fingers at somebody elses lineage and ethnicity then i mean should accept the above as truth too...

Pakhtoon_Rules
28th June 2011, 17:44
Oh and P.S., all this "Pathan this, that" is **. No one outside of the subcontinent would know what in the blue hell you're talking about if you say you're a Pathan, a Mohajir, or a Sindhi. As far as the rest of the world is considered, we're all just brown. If you all thought like that instead of bringing in 100 year old family names and ancestries, Pakistan would be a better place.

Seriously some of you have the brain capacity of 12 year olds arguing about who's dad is cooler. Grow up.

Goat you dont know much abt outside world then

Pathans are one of the most brave and known nation in world and everyone consider it as a fact even the english and americans as well.The closest anyother nation comes to pathan are Germans. Most people here consider both of us as same. Also Pathans arent classified as brown/black or asians. Most people think we are arabs or may be even mix.

GOAT
28th June 2011, 17:49
LOL ok. Alright, you Pathans are the be all and end all. In this eternal measuring contest, you guys come out on top with your vascular beasts that are only rivalled by the Arian race.

How is this talk of racial superiority even allowed? If this was a white guy talking about how his "race" is so much better then the rest of ours he'd be out of here in an instant.

DesiMunda
28th June 2011, 17:51
To be fair, Gandhara and Kamboja were densely populated centers of Budhist sciences and philosophy (for nearly 1000 years) as well as Vedic revival (for nearly two thousand years) before the arrival of Ghazni in the 11th century.

So both Pakistan and Afghanistan did indeed inherit a lot of the old indus valley culture before it was removed by other pervading philosophies of the new rulers. In a sense you're right that modern day Pakistan tends to not give their history as much importance as they should IMHO.

Pakhtoon_Rules
28th June 2011, 17:52
LOL ok. Alright, you Pathans are the be all and end all. In this eternal measuring contest, you guys come out on top with your vascular beasts that are only rivalled by the Arian race.

How is this talk of racial superiority even allowed? If this was a white guy talking about how his "race" is so much better then the rest of ours he'd be out of here in an instant.

You started all this and said that no one knows pathans so obviously we will defend ourselves.

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 17:53
goat? WHEN are we saying were better than everybody else?

in any of our posts where has vascular beast etc been mentioned

what racial superiority? i havnt put any other race down in these comments...im just saying if people point fingers at another race they should also face what others say about them...

this is the main problem...people showing pride in their own race is seen as racial superiority...that has always been my main problem..i cant show pride in my own race without being labelled a supremacist

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 17:54
You started all this and said that no one knows pathans so obviously we will defend ourselves.

no he didnt start it pr...

this thread in general is a stereotyping finger pointing thread...but MIG didnt mean it that way i know...he was merely just making a thread

it has howver turned into it...a finger pointing thread

goat is a nice guy, he doesnt mean bad from his posts...there are however other snide posters who post critical one liners that are inflammatory...im pretty sure they put our posts down but then themselves have nothing but pride in their own ethnicity

people are saying im not a sayyid without knowing me...nor am i going to prove it by posting family trees and pictures of family artifacts or various else on my lineage

saying im not pathan

when i will call them indians because the pakistani bloodline surely doesnt exist( its all indian and anybody with a brain can identify that)...offence will be taken by it lol...its hard to defend yourself here too...mung minority ke yoo no sa uko

Pakhtoon_Rules
28th June 2011, 17:57
no he didnt start it pr...

this thread in general is a stereotyping finger pointing thread...but mig didnt mean it that way i know...

it has howver turned into it...

goat is a nice guy, he doesnt mean bad from his posts...there are however other snide posters who post critical one liners that are inflammatory...im pretty sure they put our posts down but then themselves have nothing but pride in their own ethnicity

Ok rora, good job you told me otherwise i was about to slaughter goat lol

GOAT
28th June 2011, 17:59
Racial superiority isn't in explicitly putting down other races as inferior, it's about putting your "races" qualities above those of all others.

GOAT
28th June 2011, 18:00
Ok rora, good job you told me otherwise i was about to slaughter goat lol

Yeah, I was shaking in my shoes. Thank you for sparing me from your insane Pathan rage and skinning the meat from my goatly bones. I am forever indebted to you.

Looney
28th June 2011, 18:00
i am not a syed anyway

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 18:03
Racial superiority isn't in explicitly putting down other races as inferior, it's about putting your "races" qualities above those of all others.

which race doesnt do that? lol

NJamal
28th June 2011, 18:04
^ GOAT it was not about superiority it was about recognition, what ever they said. I think you got it completely wrong mate.

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 18:04
Yeah, I was shaking in my shoes. Thank you for sparing me from your insane Pathan rage and skinning the meat from my goatly bones. I am forever indebted to you.

hes joking man no need to be snideish

mithun_minhas
28th June 2011, 18:06
Indians have such an interest with our past lineage and the fact we South Asian Muslims, somewhere along the line, decided to give up on the ignorant ways of the past. Why you guys so hurt though?

So you think the guys who wrote Vedas, the guys who created the fundamentals of mathematics and astronomy were ignorant?

Sure, the caste system was rigidly implemeted by upper caste people to preserve their lineage and interests.

I am not a follower of Hindu dharma, but only born into it, but saying that followers of Sanatana Dharma were ignorant is a bit out of way... :sachin

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 18:06
^ GOAT it was not about superiority it was about recognition, what ever they said. I think you got it completely wrong mate.

thats the problem...i remember somebody saying afghanistan is historically insignificant

when i posted all the various achievements and heroics of the country i got labelled a supremacist and a racist...

thats the main problem...

enlightening the ignorant makes you a racist...even though in that post i said nothing bad about any other race...

the only slightly racist thing i said in this thread was about an mqm man claiming to be a pathan but i wasnt the only 1...yet im the one who got called for it lol...because im pakpassions local

numayande anp as i was called once upon a time...i wont name him...because i do keep things classified...it was pretty racist and evrybody laughed at it...

Mr.Saga
28th June 2011, 18:08
ever so often this topic shows up and i see all sorts of misconceptions.

For those that are true Syeds...its easy to get a family tree. I was once visiting India...and a distant relative was staying with us for a wedding. Since there were hundreds of relatives gathered, someone asked him to make a family tree. He made one overnight leading right up to the prophet PBUH.

As for the whole...hum syed hain...hum syed hain...which some posters here are saying, being a Syed I can tell you this:

-Not once have I come across a single Syed relative of mines acting this way. Are we proud of our family. Yes, just like I would be proud to be a Khan, a Mian, a Chaudhry, a qureshi,,,etc,etc.

- Do we believe we have special super human power? NO

- Do we only marry amongst Syeds or insist on it? no. Infact very few of my family members are married to other Syeds.

-- The superiorty given to Syeds seems to be more prevalent amongst Shias. I had a shia friend who told me, people would not pray infront of him in the masjid because he was Syed. Another one told me i couldnt be a true Syed because a true Syed can't marry a non Syed. It takes a common sense approach to islam to realize how wrong these sort of notions are.

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 18:17
so in essence mr saga your saying my family tree is a fake? lol because im the <b>onlyy</b> person who mentioned family tree in this thread

family tree is ancient...dates back to pir babas time and syed qanber ali shah who married emperor humayouns sister...

im not even on it yet haha...

Opener
28th June 2011, 18:42
@Prince_Pathan izzah (loosely translated as pride) can only be for Islam not for being a Pathan or being a Punjabi. This sort of pride in one's race is from Jahiliya according to the Prophet. At the end of the day we wll be only answerable for what we do in the world not our fathers or grandfathers.

Foozee
28th June 2011, 18:44
@Prince_Pathan izzah (loosely translated as pride) can only be for Islam not for being a Pathan or being a Punjabi. This sort of pride in one's race is from Jahiliya according to the Prophet. At the end of the day we wll be only answerable for what we do in the world not our fathers or grandfathers.

agreed

violet_may
28th June 2011, 18:46
:haha Syed people getting a hard time on this thread. Some biharis are worse!

Is it just me or biharis think they are all that? Let me tell you what the real characteristics of a Malik Bihari is according to parents:

Must be fair at all costs. If you are not fair, then guess what, you are probably not a 100% Malik Bihari person and your lineage will be questioned for marital purposes :)).

We also used to marry our own to preserve the :quote:Malik Bihari:quote: like characteristics.

Talk about a bunch of racist biharis :kkmix :looney :v_m :altaf

:yk

cornered-tigers
28th June 2011, 18:50
A syed is some1 who is a descendant of the Prophet muhammad (pbuh)

A marasi is a low caste

Tut Tut, There is no caste system in Islam, please refresh your Islamic knowledge. Maraasi is a human being and works like others to earn his livelihood. You would not know how dear a maraasi would be in the eyes of Allah than you yourself, so dont be a racist!

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 18:54
^^ iv seen that word marasi on this forum so many times and never knew what it meant...well until now

and its always been said to an indian poster

why is that person never dubbed a racist?

or is there just alot of picking and choosing on this forum...?

@vm : nope they are not...im the only one getting a hard time...

Dr. Schaden Freud
28th June 2011, 18:54
I guess, marrying within the community is something common to most communities. (at least, in the sub-continent) Even in India, most Hindus marry in the same caste and preferably from the same state. (language speaking region)

Foozee
28th June 2011, 18:58
Marasi are known musicians.. like qawalli singers, mazaar singers..etc.. singer family hehe

Looney
28th June 2011, 19:09

Is it just me or biharis think they are all that? Let me tell you what the real characteristics of a Malik Bihari is according to parents:

Must be fair at all costs. If you are not fair, then guess what, you are probably not a 100% Malik Bihari person and your lineage will be questioned for marital purposes :)).

We also used to marry our own to preserve the :quote:Malik Bihari:quote: like characteristics.

lol not all biharis , only malik biharis , people like YOSALF :adnan

hum sheikh siddiqui'oN maiN aisa nahi hai

violet_may
28th June 2011, 19:11
Stop denying it Sheikh bihari. I know deep down inside, you all racist as well like your fellow Malik Biharis lolll :yk

Looney
28th June 2011, 19:13
no , believe me . we have non biharis , non urdu speaking and non Muslims in our family now . hum kaafi liberal haiN

mithun_minhas
28th June 2011, 19:15
Stop denying it Sheikh bihari. I know deep down inside, you all racist as well like your fellow Malik Biharis lolll :yk

What's a Malik Bihari?

Is it :malik from Bihar?

Foozee
28th June 2011, 19:16
I like Bihari Kebab

Looney
28th June 2011, 19:20
What's a Malik Bihari?

Is it :malik from Bihar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malik_(Bihar)

violet_may
28th June 2011, 19:20
lol I was kidding looney. I know you are the non-racist type :)).

Malik Biharis are this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malik_%28Bihar%29

And, I also like Bihari Kebab Foozee. See how self-observed we are though? I just changed the course of this thread from Syed talk, to Bihari talk :yk

Ok. Get back to talking about the Syed folks, folks.

Prince_Pathan
28th June 2011, 19:22
your the female fireworks vm

your post count is impressive

srh
28th June 2011, 19:23
There are people in South Asia who are falsely claiming to be Syeds. But there are also people in South Asia who are real Syeds.

Syeds have been marrying into non-Syeds for centuries. There have been no conditions in Islam that a Syed can only marry another Syed. So the main point of this report that If all Syeds really are in direct descent from Hassan and Hussein, we would expect the Y chromosomes of Syeds to be less diverse than those of non-Syeds is not true. Syed's Y chromosomes will be diverse.

mithun_minhas
28th June 2011, 19:23
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malik_(Bihar)

So you have to be fair and tall to be a Malik Bihari? LOL

If they have stayed in Bihar for 600yrs, they will start looking like local population. Inter-marriages with local people is very common no matter how strict the rules are..

Many Brahmins in south india initially used to marry only Brahmin owmen centuries ago. But as migrations increased and scarcity of Brahmin women, many took local women as their wives. Now a lot of them look like local people. Its inevitable :akhtar

Looney
28th June 2011, 19:24
lol I was kidding looney. I know you are the non-racist type :)).

Malik Biharis are this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malik_%28Bihar%29

And, I also like Bihari Kebab Foozee. See how self-observed we are though? I just changed the course of this thread from Syed talk, to Bihari talk :yk

Ok. Get back to talking about the Syed folks, folks.

Shaikh Siddiqui, descendants of Hazrat Abu Bakr, the first Khalifa of Islam.

that is kkmix and I :asif

violet_may
28th June 2011, 19:24
It helps to post in the commentary thread. That is they way to go P_P :P

violet_may
28th June 2011, 19:26
that is kkmix and I :asif

Apparently, we are descendants of Abu Talib (Uncle of Islamic prophet Muhammad, PBUH), according to Wikipedia.

His ancestry, as published by the Malick community of the United States:

* Syed Ibrahim, son of
* Syed Abu Bakar, son of
* Syed Abul Qasim Abdullah, son of
* Syed Mohammad Farooque, son of
* Syed Abul Mansoor Abdusalam, son of
* Syed Abdul Wahab, son of
* Shaikh Abdul Qadir Gilani, son of
* Syed Abu Saleh Musa (Jangi Dost), son of
* Syed Abu Abdi'llah, son of
* Shaikh Syed Yahya Az-Zahid, son of
* Syed Muhammad, son of
* Syed Dawood, son of
* Syed Musa, son of
* Syed Abdu'llah, son of
* Syed Musa Al-Jawn, son of
* Syed Abdu'llah Al-Mahd (aka al-Mujall), son of
* Syed Hassan Al-Muthanna, son of
* Hazrat Abu Muhammad Imam Hassan, son of
* Hazrat Ali Karrama'llah Wajhahu, son of
* Abu Talib (Uncle of Islamic prophet Muhammad)

Looney
28th June 2011, 19:27
So you have to be fair and tall to be a Malik Bihari? LOL

no , they like to be fair and tall so they marry within their own community . anyone who is not fair and claims to be a malik bihari , their past , heritage , line , ancestry everything is questioned . poora post mortem hota hai .

Foozee
28th June 2011, 19:27
It helps to post in the commentary thread. That is they way to go P_P :P

ur posts count are indeed impressive.. ur half way there from mine lol

PakPeace
28th June 2011, 19:42
I dnt know what some people are trying to prove here

Looney
28th June 2011, 19:45

Just that you are not what you think but you maybe what you are not because you never thought you would be that but you are exactly that , do you know what i am trying to get at ? :waqar

Foozee
28th June 2011, 19:46

Syeds have superpowers

Aly
28th June 2011, 20:18
] This is how much the Caucasians could differentiate between the delicate variations in our skin tones

Now Afridi is a well known PATHAN as well as apparently a light skinned guy yet a Caucasian cartoonist see him like that ..

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/113600/113608.2.jpg

GOAT
28th June 2011, 20:21
Aly have you ever lived outside of Pakistan? Just wondering.

Zaz
28th June 2011, 20:33
Tut Tut, There is no caste system in Islam, please refresh your Islamic knowledge. Maraasi is a human being and works like others to earn his livelihood. You would not know how dear a maraasi would be in the eyes of Allah than you yourself, so dont be a racist!

I wsnt being racist I dont give two hoots bout the silly caste system! Just ws responding to a question asking what a maraasi is

Aly
28th June 2011, 20:38
@goat
not really but still I really get it when most of the world just see us as browns and doesn't fall prey to this obsession of being highly observant when it comes to differentiate between the slightest of variations found in our skin tones ..something that we as southasians are obsessed with for various foolish reasons :P

AZ
28th June 2011, 20:52
ever so often this topic shows up and i see all sorts of misconceptions.

For those that are true Syeds...its easy to get a family tree. I was once visiting India...and a distant relative was staying with us for a wedding. Since there were hundreds of relatives gathered, someone asked him to make a family tree. He made one overnight leading right up to the prophet PBUH.

As for the whole...hum syed hain...hum syed hain...which some posters here are saying, being a Syed I can tell you this:

-Not once have I come across a single Syed relative of mines acting this way. Are we proud of our family. Yes, just like I would be proud to be a Khan, a Mian, a Chaudhry, a qureshi,,,etc,etc.

- Do we believe we have special super human power? NO

- Do we only marry amongst Syeds or insist on it? no. Infact very few of my family members are married to other Syeds.

-- The superiorty given to Syeds seems to be more prevalent amongst Shias. I had a shia friend who told me, people would not pray infront of him in the masjid because he was Syed. Another one told me i couldnt be a true Syed because a true Syed can't marry a non Syed. It takes a common sense approach to islam to realize how wrong these sort of notions are.

am in no way suggesting that all of them are like that, but have I seen some Syeds behave that way?

yes, absolutely.

it wouldn't have been brought up, and a well-known issue of ours if there was not something to it.

Saad Hasan
28th June 2011, 20:59
The study if anything proves that syeds owing to the fact that they do have dominant arab ancestry are Syeds, at least the authetic ones, not every tom, dick, harry, e.g. bal thackray's lost at birth little brother, mushie, claiming to be a syed...

Of course even the authentic syeds, will marry non-syeds as they have done and continue to do so in Subcontinent, their ethnic origins will be diluted, but since ancestry in our part of the world and middle east is traced through the father, the claim of authentic syed is not necessarily disproven by this study...

Disclaimer: I am not a syed...

srh
28th June 2011, 21:06
^correct. Syeds have been marrying non-Syeds for centuries from the time of prophet Mohammad (SAW). It was never meant to be an exclusive race. If somebody thinks like that then he/she is a bigot. The Y chromosome of Syeds will be diverse just like non-Syeds. Also the sample size is too small (56 Syeds) in this study. A flawed study I say.

Foozee
28th June 2011, 21:11
Prophet had all daughters and no sons.. and so ends the lineage of Syeds

PakPeace
28th June 2011, 21:13
Syed Men Marry Non-sayed woman but woman don't marry Non-syed men i think

PakPeace
28th June 2011, 21:14

Thats why we are called

Al Ali Aulad-e-Nabi

PakPeace
28th June 2011, 21:15
Syeds have superpowers

and who said that? No one other than you

srh
28th June 2011, 21:18
Syed Men Marry Non-sayed woman but woman don't marry Non-syed men i think
no such rule exist. Treat a Syed man as a normal muslim man and a Syed woman as a normal muslim woman. No special rules exist. If somebody said any such special rule shoot him. :afridi

srh
28th June 2011, 21:21
Syed is a title for a descendant of the family of Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Nothing more.

LethalSami
28th June 2011, 21:49
Yo Yo hold on guy.............I am descendant of Hazrat ADaM Alae-salam..........yo yo wats now...

lol all this caste thing.......

@OP.....Its Not just Fake Syeds, its also other fakes too........a lot of people claim to be Warraich....

i think Warraich is from sikh culture.............our families converted from ignorance to righteousness :yk like 7-8 generations ago.........lots of Warraich around Gujrat area

mithun_minhas
28th June 2011, 22:36
] This is how much the Caucasians could differentiate between the delicate variations in our skin tones

Now Afridi is a well known PATHAN as well as apparently a light skinned guy yet a Caucasian cartoonist see him like that ..

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/113600/113608.2.jpg

For White people, Anyone from Arabia - Srilanka/Bangladesh are all browns. Anyone to the east of Bangladesh is Asian.

Its kind of like us struggling to differentiate between Chinese/Japanese/Vietnamese/Thai/Malaysian/Indonesian etc..

Foozee
28th June 2011, 22:43
Thats why we are called

Al Ali Aulad-e-Nabi

surreeee.. whatever makes u happy dude..

mithun_minhas
28th June 2011, 22:44
Yo Yo hold on guy.............I am descendant of Hazrat ADaM Alae-salam..........yo yo wats now...

lol all this caste thing.......

@OP.....Its Not just Fake Syeds, its also other fakes too........a lot of people claim to be Warraich....

i think Warraich is from sikh culture.............our families converted from ignorance to righteousness :yk like 7-8 generations ago.........lots of Warraich around Gujrat area

Warraich are Jats(Hindu). As per Wiki, some of them converted to Islam a few centuries ago and settled in Gujrat(Pakistan). They still have rivalry with Gujjars.

Even in India, there is rivalry between Jats and Gujjars.

Namak_Halaal
28th June 2011, 23:00
A Syed is one who claims to be a direct descendant of the Holy Prophet Muhammad, peace be on him.

There are no direct descendants of Mohammed [PBUH] no matter what one claims. Direct descent qualifies under agnatic descent, male to male, NOT male to female.

It is for this reason Moses, Jesus, Mohammed [PBUH] never had a surviving son.

Allah knows best!

LethalSami
29th June 2011, 00:05
Warraich are Jats(Hindu). As per Wiki, some of them converted to Islam a few centuries ago and settled in Gujrat(Pakistan). They still have rivalry with Gujjars.

Even in India, there is rivalry between Jats and Gujjars.

true that.....might've been then first converted from hinduism to sikhism (~1500 AD) and later on reverted back to islam 7-8 generations ago....

most punjabis can be broken down into 2 categories: Jatts and Gujjars.......then those two have subcategories...

what Jatt basically is Zamindar(Landlord)....usually grow crops
while Juggars were into raising livestock/herds...

so Gujjar's livestock feed off/ destroyed Jatt's crops, hence the rivalry

DeadlyVenom
29th June 2011, 01:12
There are no direct descendants of Mohammed [PBUH] no matter what one claims. Direct descent qualifies under agnatic descent, male to male, NOT male to female.

Allah knows best!

Hasan andHusain are, from the side of their mother, the sons of the holy Prophet in the same way that Allah in the Holy Qur'an has includedChrist in the progeny of Abraham from the side of his mother,Mary.

From a Shia book. I dont see much wrong with their line of thinking in this case?

Black Zero
29th June 2011, 01:45
on a scientific take, just compare the samples with the one taken from Prince Karim Aga Khan, in order to know the truth who is syed and who is not.

Black Zero
29th June 2011, 01:47

Allah knows best!

Makes sense..

on a religious take
don't know why there is a phrase "Eisa ibn-e- Maryam"

Black Zero
29th June 2011, 01:55

Allah knows best!

Thats what mushrik used to say to tease the prophet

----------
""Some traditions add that As said "Muhammad is abtar: he has no son to succeed him. When he dies, his memory will perish and you will be rid of him."The tradition from Ibn Abbas, which Abd bin Humaid has related, shows that Abu Jahl also had said similar words on the death of the Holy Prophet's son, Abdullah. Ibn Abi Hatim has related on the authority of Shmir bin Atiyyah that the same kind of meanness was shown by Uqbah bin Abi Mu'ait by rejoicing at this bereavement of the Holy Prophet. Ata says that when the second son of the Holy Prophet died, his own uncle, Abu Lahab (whose house was next to his) hastened to the pagans and gave them the "good news": Batira Muhammadun al-lail:"Muhammad has become childless this night, or he is cut off from root."

Such were the disturbing conditions under which Surah Al-Kauthar was sent down.

http://img281.echo.cx/img281/328/arabic0bu.jpg

Awesome_Username
29th June 2011, 03:47

You're making us Maliks look way too bad man. :altaf

On the subject, it appeared to me as if there were more Syeds in Pakistan than there were Arabs in the Arabian peninsula. Every other person you talk to in Pakistan had the title. It really doesn't take a study to realize that the vast majority of the families, both Sunni and Shia, simply took on the title at some point, and bent the lineage some way to get there.

Looney
29th June 2011, 04:28
You're making us Maliks look way too bad man. :altaf

On the subject, it appeared to me as if there were more Syeds in Pakistan than there were Arabs in the Arabian peninsula. Every other person you talk to in Pakistan had the title. It really doesn't take a study to realize that the vast majority of the families, both Sunni and Shia, simply took on the title at some point, and bent the lineage some way to get there.

you are a malik bihari ? :inti

Awesome_Username
29th June 2011, 04:42
you are a malik bihari ? :inti

Yes I am. You sound like you have a grudge. (Or maybe it's just inti up there). I assure you, I am one of the peaceful ones.

kkmix
29th June 2011, 04:43

Speak for yourself only ... I no racist :moyo

Looney
29th June 2011, 04:45
Yes I am. You sound like you have a grudge. (Or maybe it's just inti up there). I assure you, I am one of the peaceful ones.

:))) yaar aur kitne chupe paray haiN :))

Khabri bhai needs to be updated , there are 5 biharis on PP now :afridi

Awesome_Username
29th June 2011, 04:49
:))) yaar aur kitne chupe paray haiN :))

Khabri bhai needs to be updated , there are 5 biharis on PP now :afridi

That is 7 more than any website can handle. PP's days are numbered.

Looney
29th June 2011, 04:51
That is 7 more than any website can handle. PP's days are numbered.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?p=3952460#post3952460

come to this thread , you need to be interviewed or you have an intro thread ? :ekdin

Awesome_Username
29th June 2011, 05:02
http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?p=3952460#post3952460

come to this thread , you need to be interviewed or you have an intro thread ? :ekdin

No, I don't have an intro thread. I'll visit that thread soon enough.

msd89
29th June 2011, 07:53

That means u must be a rajput...am i right?...beacause in India rajputs have surnames like chauhan,rana,chaudhary etc

Foozee
29th June 2011, 07:59
That means u must be a rajput...am i right?...beacause in India rajputs have surnames like chauhan,rana,chaudhary etc

yea rajput

MIG
29th June 2011, 08:44
^correct. Syeds have been marrying non-Syeds for centuries from the time of prophet Mohammad (SAW). It was never meant to be an exclusive race. If somebody thinks like that then he/she is a bigot. The Y chromosome of Syeds will be diverse just like non-Syeds. Also the sample size is too small (56 Syeds) in this study. A flawed study I say.

You should write to UCL - I am sure they will be interested in your remarks

DesiMunda
29th June 2011, 09:49

yea rajput

Nice. In India, Chauhans are traditionally considered to be moral and brave warriors.
Prithviraj Chauhan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prithviraj_Chauhan) is a celebrated figure.

violet_may
29th June 2011, 12:24

OMG OMG OMG. A Malik Bihari like me! lolll. Wow, how many more are there? :13:

Toe Crusher
29th June 2011, 12:26
sssshhhhhayeah

Tapori
29th June 2011, 14:03
I could write loads about how ridiculously anti-Islamic this practice is; Aren't we all meant to be equal?

But I'll stick with good ol' fashioned science for this one.

Its Ironic; Because the Prophet PBUH never had sons that continued his lineage (Otherwise the nutjobs would have used that as more justification for this nonsense view)

Yes, in our cultures, a fathers name is important beyond belief dues to his role in influencing all family matters (Religion, beliefs etc)

And its important to know your family history.

But not to Subjugate others because of it;
What about the millions of Orphans in the world, many born of the same "Families" that say they are mighty and noble and then dump their progeny into the back streets they pay to keep lit..

But "Blood" wise, when South Asian people often say:

"A Man from our family can marry any woman as the child born will be OUR blloodline"

"A Woman marrying outside her bloodline will have a child that will carry on his fathers bloodline and not the Womans's bloodline"

This is just stupid; As we all now know you share 50/50 genes (the code that makes you) from both your biological parents; whoever they may be.

+ People still are not educated to the basic level (not their fault IMO) to know that the Man decides whether a lady (his wife) gives birth to a son or a daughter; Parts of Our communities castigate the cursed "Woman" for
giving birth to a girl
-

mithun_minhas
29th June 2011, 14:22
I could write loads about how ridiculously anti-Islamic this practice is; Aren't we all meant to be equal?

But I'll stick with good ol' fashioned science for this one.

Its Ironic; Because the Prophet PBUH never had sons that continued his lineage (Otherwise the nutjobs would have used that as more justification for this nonsense view)

Yes, in our cultures, a fathers name is important beyond belief dues to his role in influencing all family matters (Religion, beliefs etc)

And its important to know your family history.

But not to Subjugate others because of it;
What about the millions of Orphans in the world, many born of the same "Families" that say they are mighty and noble and then dump their progeny into the back streets they pay to keep lit..

But "Blood" wise, when South Asian people often say:

"A Man from our family can marry any woman as the child born will be OUR blloodline"

"A Woman marrying outside her bloodline will have a child that will carry on his fathers bloodline and not the Womans's bloodline"

This is just stupid; As we all now know you share 50/50 genes (the code that makes you) from both your biological parents; whoever they may be.

+ People still are not educated to the basic level (not their fault IMO) to know that the Man decides whether a lady (his wife) gives birth to a son or a daughter; Parts of Our communities castigate the cursed "Woman" for
giving birth to a girl
-

Finally a Sane Man!!!

Lot of people say they are Arab just because 500yrs back his ancestral grandfather was an Arab. They do not count the countless number of non-arab dudes in between. :facepalm:

Its like people are ashamed to say that they belong to the same local people. They want to relate to the lighter skin ancestor from 500yrs ago.

I have seen this trend among some people in Goa(India). They say they are Portuguese even though they look like 100% Indian. All they have is a Portuguese lastname.:facepalm:

AZ
29th June 2011, 14:41
^ remember that bloke who claims to be related to the King of France! looks like :kapil

Namak_Halaal
29th June 2011, 15:23
+ People still are not educated to the basic level (not their fault IMO) to know that the Man decides whether a lady (his wife) gives birth to a son or a daughter; Parts of Our communities castigate the cursed "Woman" for giving birth to a girl
-

That's not exactly true.

Men do not decide, meaning they cannot wilfully decide on having a male or female. Men determine the sex of the baby because males can donate both an X chromosome or Y chromosome, while females can only donate an X chromosome.

From memory, I think it's Gene M517 or M571 that is present in the male but not in the female, and they use this gene to determine ancestral lineage.

Thus why men carry the bloodline.

Justcrazy
29th June 2011, 15:41
It is not right to call themselves syed, when we know we are not. Many people do this to show off. They should be ashamed of lying like this.

carbon11
29th June 2011, 16:06
That's not exactly true.

Men do not decide, meaning they cannot wilfully decide on having a male or female. Men determine the sex of the baby because males can donate both an X chromosome or Y chromosome, while females can only donate an X chromosome.

From memory, I think it's Gene M517 or M571 that is present in the male but not in the female, and they use this gene to determine ancestral lineage.

Thus why men carry the bloodline.

so should all these syed males carry the same y chromosome because if they are true syeds then they must go back to hassan wal hussain and inherit that same y chromosome.

if there is another y chromosome or something then there must be another bloodline there so how can they be true syed?

we have one guy here on this forum claiming to be a syed who lives with pathans and is half a punjabi at the sametime :))

Prince_Pathan
29th June 2011, 16:13
^^ so pathans are napak are they? is that what you claim...a pathan cant be a sayyid?

i have nothing to prove to you mate lol...look up the origins of pir baba of buner to get your answer...

Pir Baba:

In the heart of Pir Baba valley lies the beautiful mausoleum of Hazarat Pir Baba R.A. along with his son Hazarat Syed Habib Shah Tirmizi R.A. (who was un-married) where people from every corner come to pay their homage to the respected saint and ask for blessings, Say: Let’s go to PIR BABA he is so great that the wish is granted on the way to him. It has a green tomb as found in the mausoleums of many Muslim saints. The stream started by Hazarat Pir Baba R.A. is flowing with water until date and people are using it. Hazarat Pir Baba first went to India from Termez, Afghanistan for preaching of Islam along with his Respected Father Syed Qanbar Ali Shah who was in the Army of Babar, then he moved from Delhi to Punjab to Ajmer and then to Buner Kohistan on advise of his Pir-o-Murshed Hazarat Khawaja Salaar Ata-ullah Roomi and later after death of Hazarat Khawaja Salaar Ata-ullah Roomi at Ajmer by his son Sheik Hussain to preach Islam and wipe out the anti-Islam teaching propagated by the Roshaniya sect their. Pir Baba left this materialistic world in the month of Rajab in 991 Hijri (1583 A.D.).

Hazarat Pir Baba son's Hazarat Syed Mustafa Shah Tirmizi R.A. (972 Hijri - 1024 Hijri) mausoleum is in Kunar Afghanistan. The three sons of Hazarat Syed Mustafa Shah Tirmizi R.A. were 1. Hazarat Syed Mian Abdul Wahab urf Mian Abdal Baba (R.A.) (999 Hijri - 1063 Hijri) buried at Shal-Bandey-Buner had eleven sons. 2.Hazarat Syed Mian Qassim Shah Tirmizi (R.A.) buried at Pir Kaley Matta-Swat too had eleven sons and 3. Hazarat Syed Mian Hassan Shah Tirmizi (R.A.) buried at Kukrhey-Swat had two sons.

<b>Sadaats the descendants of Pir Baba are said to have moved to Buner, Swat, Dir, Bajaur, Chitral, Mardan, (Swabi) Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, Islamabad with in Pakistan and are also settled in Afghanistan</b>, Europe, USA, Canada, Middle East, Thailand, Myanmar, India. In India the President of "Pakhtoon Jirga-e-Hind" Syed Sakhavat Shah is a direct descendant of Hazrat Syed Ali Shah Tirmizi Chishti Ghaus Zaman Pir Khurasan Pir Baba R.A. (908 Hijri - 991 Hijri) and is a naturalised Indian citizen working for upliftment of pakhtoons.

The Wali (ruler) of Swat constructed a dispensary and homes for those suffering from leprosy near the Mausoleum.[1] A bazaar is adjacent to the mausoleum; most of its customers are tourists or pilgrims who come to visit the grave of Hazrat Pir Baba throughout the year.Most of the population is of Pashtun families, who are mostly Muslims, however some Hindus and Sikhs also live in the area.

read that please...were respected in the nwfp and by my arab friends as they seem to know more about this than pakistanis

ill be honest thats all i frankly care about now as i become alienated from anybody other than a pathan/arab because of people like you and infact other people from the same place also feel the same... brush up on your history before attacking somebody...ignorant fool..

this is the reason all ismaila people in swabi are classified as sayyids...he is an ancestor of mine...

now dont make me put up the lineage of qanber ali shah now mate...right up to the prophet pbuh himself because im feeling a bit insulted here...

Foozee
29th June 2011, 16:29
lol Syedss

Prince_Pathan
29th June 2011, 16:38
cool...

preida mara

oh wait my bad if i tell u to leave it again... u might insult my sister again...:O...

Eagle_Eye
29th June 2011, 16:43
PP - why are you so reluctant to talk about your Punjabi heritage? :)

Opener
29th June 2011, 16:45
^^ so pathans are napak are they? is that what you claim...a pathan cant be a sayyid?

ill be honest thats all i frankly care about now as i become alienated from anybody other than a pathan/arab because of people like you and infact other people from the same place also feel the same... brush up on your history before attacking somebody...ignorant fool..

I was thinking of saying something but have nothing nice to say after reading this.

12cavalry
29th June 2011, 16:45
Syeds have been marrying into non-Syeds for centuries. There have been no conditions in Islam that a Syed can only marry another Syed. So the main point of this report that If all Syeds really are in direct descent from Hassan and Hussein, we would expect the Y chromosomes of Syeds to be less diverse than those of non-Syeds is not true. Syed's Y chromosomes will be diverse.

In the sub-continent, shia syeds dont usually marry non-syeds, although their is no sharai hukm prohibiting such marriages. Its an urf, a tradition of sorts where syeds, especially daughters are not wed into non-syed famlies.
On the other hand the syed-non syed marriages are pretty common in the shia families of Iran and Iraq.

Prince_Pathan
29th June 2011, 16:46
^^ refuse to be ridiculed <b>opener</b> by anybody...i never insult anybody on this thing...

<b>eagle eye</b> : i am not but people are mocking me for that now too...i do not like getting taunted...

because of people like fozeee carbon etc is why i will NOT acknowledge it anymore...iv had too much bad said to me by non pashtuns...and it makes me really angry...because i dont say anything insulting to them...they are looking for arguments by posting something highly inflammatory towards me and i have too much self respect to ignore it

the only people who accept me are afghans and never insult me or ridicule my heritage...that is saying alot :po:

Foozee
29th June 2011, 16:48
At the resident PP Syed...

no comment

12cavalry
29th June 2011, 16:51
OMG OMG OMG. A Malik Bihari like me! lolll. Wow, how many more are there? :13:

Biahris, never knew these people existed in Pakistan until I moved to Karachi. :D
Btw whats the difference between a bihari and a malik bihari? And why do people say Biharis are taez/chalak ? :rana

Foozee
29th June 2011, 16:52
Biahris, never knew these people existed in Pakistan until I moved to Karachi. :D
Btw whats the difference between a bihari and a malik bihari? And why do people say Biharis are taez/chalak ? :rana

difference is between a good Bihari kebab and a bad one..lol

kidding :D

Prince_Pathan
29th June 2011, 16:52
At the resident PP Syed...

no comment

fresh considering u were full of insulting curses towards me when i told njamal to leave it last thread lol

Eagle_Eye
29th June 2011, 16:54
^^ refuse to be ridiculed <b>opener</b> by anybody...i never insult anybody on this thing...

<b>eagle eye</b> : i am not but people are mocking me for that now too...i do not like getting taunted...

because of people like fozeee carbon etc is why i will NOT acknowledge it anymore...iv had too much bad said to me by non pashtuns...and it makes me really angry...because i dont say anything insulting to them...they are looking for arguments by posting something highly inflammatory towards me and i have too much self respect to ignore it

the only people who accept me are afghans and never insult me or ridicule my heritage...that is saying alot :po:

Fair enough....

Foozee
29th June 2011, 16:54
fresh considering u were full of insulting curses towards me when i told njamal to leave it last thread lol

yea coz ur so full of yourself.. I cant help it..

I was joking around in the last thread anyways.. you took it to heart big deal..

Foozee
29th June 2011, 16:56
Fair enough....

lol my ridicule goes like.. "Lol Syeds, Lol Pathans"

all I said.. enough for him to go on brainless rant.. lol a true Pathan he is....

amirfanforlife
29th June 2011, 16:59
lol my ridicule goes like.. "Lol Syeds, Lol Pathans"

all I said.. enough for him to go on brainless rant.. lol a true Pathan he is....

Yes, but if you know that's going to annoy him, then what's the need to post it? :/

Prince_Pathan
29th June 2011, 16:59
its a calculated rant powered by anger because im being ridiculed

Prince_Pathan
29th June 2011, 17:01
Fair enough....

i feel so much more comfortable amongst pathans,kashmiris ,arabs, karachiites and indians(this is echoed in my posts...i give indians alot of respect on this) because they treat me with respect...they dont make pathans are gay jokes...they dont make pathans are stupid and brainless jokes...they dont stereotype us period...

they dont look down on me...say anything against my heritage..dont accuse me of lying about something...treat me like a human being and not a frigging subclass like all pathans get treated in pakistan...

Foozee
29th June 2011, 17:02
Yes, but if you know that's going to annoy him, then what's the need to post it? :/

good point.. I wont do it anymore..

But he needs to realize that being overly Proud of his ethnicity, background.. is against Islam..

He needs to get over thisss... big deal your pathan, or Syed.. move onn..

Pakhtoon_Rules
29th June 2011, 17:11
Whats your problem if he is over or under proud. Let him enjoy his ethnicity rather than posting some unnecessary words.

amirfanforlife
29th June 2011, 17:13
good point.. I wont do it anymore..

But he needs to realize that being overly Proud of his ethnicity, background.. is against Islam..

He needs to get over thisss... big deal your pathan, or Syed.. move onn..

Yeah, he is very proud of who he is. But, let's just leave him the way he is. :)

Foozee
29th June 2011, 17:55
Whats your problem if he is over or under proud. Let him enjoy his ethnicity rather than posting some unnecessary words.

well It goes both ways doesnt it.. If i Ridicule against Pathans..I might be considered racist, If he's so proud of his race, he doesnt listen to "Non- pashtuns" as he says..thats racist too..

So no.. enjoying his ethnicity is ridiculous too.. being proud is one thing, he's overly obsessed with it..

Opener
29th June 2011, 18:42
they dont look down on me...say anything against my heritage..dont accuse me of lying about something...treat me like a human being and not a frigging subclass like all pathans get treated in pakistan...

You can make racist and ethnic overtures all you want but don't try to misrepresent Pakistanis. How long have you lived in Pakistan and I don't mean visited. Where did you live in Pakistan? Easiest way to cover one's weakness ( and I mean generally and not Pathans) is to cry discrimination.

Looney
29th June 2011, 18:52
chalo sab thanda paani piyo

Prince_Pathan
29th June 2011, 19:02
You can make racist and ethnic overtures all you want but don't try to misrepresent Pakistanis. How long have you lived in Pakistan and I don't mean visited. Where did you live in Pakistan? Easiest way to cover one's weakness ( and I mean generally and not Pathans) is to cry discrimination.

i respond to

how can you be a pukhtun and a sayyid :))

lol syed pukhtuns...:))

guy claiming to be a syed and a pathan and hes half punjabi :))

people questioning how one is a syed if they have lived around pathans...i take offence to that...they are refering to pathans as derogatory napak beings who dont have a place amongst those( who have been classifed as direct descendants of the prophet) and dont say it isnt...what else does that mean? i provided the evidence for it above aswell and now go tell pir baba of buner or go to his grave and claim he isnt a syed and see what people do to you...people are spouting crap in ignorance and i am respnding to it...

i respond... in my own defence...funny how your pinpointing what i have said but not <b>WHY</b> i have said it...

you can go back and read the marry out of your culture thread and i gave out to somebody for saying it is in his genes to behave like this...because not everybody is the same...and the reference was to a punjabi...

i am responding to mockery against me so you see it whatever way you want...any normal human being with an ounce of self respect would do the same...

if somebody has no decency when they refer to me why should i be the epitome of decency back?...im not going to be the bigger person...

NJamal
29th June 2011, 19:10
Foozee- Why it bothers you if anybody is proud of his race? You should be proud of yours, we are not stopping you.

And seriously if you thinks that your rants are funny, let me tell you they are far from funny and actually they are too annoying. So, please stop it.

Foozee
29th June 2011, 19:18
Foozee- Why it bothers you if anybody is proud of his race? You should be proud of yours, we are not stopping you.

And seriously if you thinks that your rants are funny, let me tell you they are far from funny and actually they are too annoying. So, please stop it.

hmm looks like ur following me too, ur soo damn interested in what I have to say dont you lol..

I've got my opinions, he's got his, you got yours..

Opener
29th June 2011, 19:19

Jamal bhai I agree with you on the count that making fun of someone's race is not on.

But brother you Mashallah post a lot about Islam and Islamicly pride in one's race is an act of Jahiliya.

Foozee
29th June 2011, 19:21
Jamal bhai I agree with you on the count that making fun of someone's race is not on.

But brother you Mashallah post a lot about Islam and Islamicly pride in one's race is an act of Jahiliya.

thats what I mean too...

NJamal
29th June 2011, 19:23
Pride in your own race is not an act of Jahiliya but looking down on other races is for sure a Jahalat and some posters here are doing exactly that.

Foozee
29th June 2011, 19:27
Pride in your own race is the worst thing... its what Racism is...

0tt0man
I've observed that Pakhtoons are overly proud of their race. They move about in a group in colleges/universities and usually don't allow a non-Pashtun to enter their circle of friends.

There may be exceptions of course but I wonder why that is? No other ethnic race here behaves that way.

Prince_Pathan
thats what I mean too...

didnt you post in the marriage thread that you would only marry a punjabi lol

stop being such a hypocrite

atleast be open about what you say...

NJamal
29th June 2011, 19:29
Pride in your own race is the worst thing... its what Racism is...

Pride in your own race and total respect for other races is RACISM? You must be joking bro.

Prince_Pathan
29th June 2011, 19:30
I've observed that Pakhtoons are overly proud of their race. They move about in a group in colleges/universities and usually don't allow a non-Pashtun to enter their circle of friends.

There may be exceptions of course but I wonder why that is? No other ethnic race here behaves that way.

when im surrounded by a bunch of punjabi dudes all i hear is...and they are my friends but if its just me alone then i get nothing but taunts

gay pathan

pathan this pathan that...

it might answer your own question there...

Opener
i respond to

i take offence to that...they are refering to pathans as derogatory napak beings who dont have a place amongst those( who have been classifed as direct descendants of the prophet) and dont say it isnt...what else does that mean?

I can see why you would be offended by the rest of the things as the tone is mocking. However, this deduction is totally baseless. What I understood was that if Pathan is a race and Arab is a race there has to be some sort of mixing for a Syed Pathan as the Prophet was an Arab.

I think that would be true for any Syed (I don't want to go into Asli and Nakli ) as all Syeds would have an Arab bloodline and were resettled in different areas.

I will again conclude by saying on the day of judgement you will be only burdened with what you did in this life not your forefathers.

Foozee
didnt you post in the marriage thread that you would only marry a punjabi lol

stop being such a hypocrite

atleast be open about what you say...

it was meant to be a joke... you dont catch on too sarcasm do you..

If I fell in love with a Sindhi, and if she deems fit for marriage I'll marry her then.. I dont care about race.. Punjabi is my preference, not a necessity.. I dont caree

Foozee
29th June 2011, 19:32
Pride in your own race and total respect for other races is RACISM? You must be joking bro.

where did that come from??

Pride in your own race is the stem of racism.. no Im not joking

NJamal
29th June 2011, 19:32

Then it means you had yet to come across a real Pukhtoon. We are one of the most friendly and easy going people you will ever see. Yes a lot of Pukhtoons are shy and that can misguide you.

NJamal
29th June 2011, 19:35
where did that come from??

Pride in your own race is the stem of racism.. no Im not joking

You are not getting what I am trying to say. If you don't look down on other races and respect them then your pride in your own race will be respected by others too. There is no harm in this IMO.

Prince_Pathan
29th June 2011, 19:36
I can see why you would be offended by the rest of the things as the tone is mocking. However, this deduction is totally baseless. What I understood was that if Pathan is a race and Arab is a race there has to be some sort of mixing for a Syed Pathan as the Prophet was an Arab.

I think that would be true for any Syed (I don't want to go into Asli and Nakli ) as all Syeds would have an Arab bloodline and were resettled in different areas.

I will again conclude by saying on the day of judgement you will be only burdened with what you did in this life not your forefathers.

yes there has been mixing...my dad says it all the time

were arabs but overtime people have learnt to accept us as pathans...

but i cant speak arabic? how can i call myself an arab...i can speak pashto hence call myself a pathan
i speak urdu hence called myself pakistani...but im clearly always going to be mocked...

its not a big deal to me...but people started mocking me and saying im falsely claiming something...that annoyed me...

Foozee
29th June 2011, 19:41
You are not getting what I am trying to say. If you don't look down on other races and respect them then your pride in your own race will be respected by others too. There is no harm in this IMO.

okay, I get you what you mean...

btw, I'm not looking down at any race, I just feel some posters are overly proud of their race..that's all, which I feel is bringing down the quality of this forum..

and I apologize to anyone who've I offended

Opener
29th June 2011, 20:24
Then it means you had yet to come across a real Pukhtoon. We are one of the most friendly and easy going people you will ever see. Yes a lot of Pukhtoons are shy and that can misguide you.

I agree with Jamal bhai there. Lived most of my life in Islamabad and have many friends who are Pakhtoon.

I think we should deal with people individually instead of generalizing and stereotyping them. I think politics plays a big role in all this as politicians try to fuel these misconceptions to buy votes.

mithun_minhas
29th June 2011, 20:39
i feel so much more comfortable amongst pathans,kashmiris ,arabs, karachiites and indians(this is echoed in my posts...i give indians alot of respect on this) because they treat me with respect...they dont make pathans are gay jokes...they dont make pathans are stupid and brainless jokes...they dont stereotype us period...

Indian's treat Pathans with respect usually.

A lot of Bollywood actors are Pathans(at least half or Quarter or 1/8th) and have ruled the industry along with Kapoors and other Punjabis for decades.

A lot of Bollywood movies show Afghanis with great respect and as very honest people. Most people in India do not know much about Pathans and all they know is what they see in movies. :)

Most people in India assume that anyone with a Khan name is of royal descent or an Afghani etc. :afridi

Opener
29th June 2011, 21:08
yes there has been mixing...my dad says it all the time

were arabs but overtime people have learnt to accept us as pathans...

but i cant speak arabic? how can i call myself an arab...i can speak pashto hence call myself a pathan
i speak urdu hence called myself pakistani...but im clearly always going to be mocked...

its not a big deal to me...but people started mocking me and saying im falsely claiming something...that annoyed me...

Yaar a friendly advise people will only mock you if you show a reaction as thats all that the want. All these "gay jokes" are truly disgusting and tells you more about the ignorance of people making them than anything else. And another thing these days Pakistanis and Muslims in general are looked down upon everywhere. So instead of reacting to everything its time to strengthen your nerves. :ik

violet_may
29th June 2011, 21:09

We make better Bihari kebabs :altaf

It's just a different zaat within the Bihari group.

I didn't know we were considered chalak lol
Good thing. Now you guys know why I am so cunning :D

Edit-Wait, that chalak thing might be true. When my mom gets angry at me, she calls me "Malik chakkan badmash" :altaf

mithun_minhas
29th June 2011, 21:13
We make better Bihari kebabs :altaf

It's just a different zaat within the Bihari group.

I didn't know we were considered chalak lol
Good thing. Now you guys know why I am so cunning :D

Is Altaf Hussain Bihari too? He looks like one :nehra

Dr. Schaden Freud
29th June 2011, 21:14

He is Laloo's long lost brother. :)) :))

srh
29th June 2011, 21:43
Syed is not a race. It is just a title for a descendant of the family of prophet Muhammad (SAW). The very first Syeds were Arabs but now you can find Syeds in lot of different races.

srh
29th June 2011, 21:46
I have serious doubts if Shia Syeds are real Syeds. No real Syed can say bad things about the companions of Prophet Mohammad (SAW).

mithun_minhas
29th June 2011, 21:50
I have serious doubts if Shia Syeds are real Syeds. No real Syed can say bad things about the companions of Prophet Mohammad (SAW).

I can see this thread going another 3 pages at least :amir

Looney
29th June 2011, 22:02

no he is Allahabadi or something , definitely not Bihari .

violet_may
29th June 2011, 22:09
Whatever he may be, he has one of the most hilarious emoticons on pakpassion :altaf :altaf :altaf

mithun_minhas
29th June 2011, 22:09

UP/Bihar are all same :altaf

Looney
29th June 2011, 22:54
UP/Bihar are all same :altaf

yea just like Punjab and Gujrat ? you need to watch chak de India :altaf

mithun_minhas
29th June 2011, 22:56
yea just like Punjab and Gujrat ? you need to watch chak de India :altaf

Punjab and Gujjus are not the same. Physical differences, cultural and language differences are there...

UP/Bihar speak same language. They have similar culture. People look the same too. Especially Eastern and Central UP.

Looney
29th June 2011, 23:09
Punjab and Gujjus are not the same. Physical differences, cultural and language differences are there...

UP/Bihar speak same language. They have similar culture. People look the same too. Especially Eastern and Central UP.

yeah i was just joking about Gujjus and Punjabis and i wouldnt know i have never been there yet :wahab i would like to visit India though , particularly Delhi . I dont know which passport to go on though lol

All urdu-speaking people of my generation look and sound the same .

PerfectionPersonified
30th June 2011, 02:42
Syed is not a race. It just a a title for a descendant of the family of prophet Muhammad (SAW). The very first Syeds were Arabs but now you can find Syeds in lot of different races.

Finally a knowledgable Post.

reading comments by some of the Pper i think we need to add age coloumn somewhere so we can debate accordingly

PerfectionPersonified
30th June 2011, 02:48

The question is not about Asli or Naqli ...and Shia is not a sect by itself its a Aqeeda (unfortunatly Shiaism has changed the religeon islam a lot).

Now When Shia abuse Sahaba RA they do have sound backing in their books ...Now we live in a confused generation ....People wrote books from both sides and unfortunatly the best we could do is choose one..and we normally choose whatever our forefathers have chosen before...we neither have solid proof nor them.. we live in different time now

We need to forget the past differences and work on unity(the only Way Forward

Tera Gawaandi
1st July 2011, 06:56

Looks like Seyyeds are the "Brahmins" of Islam, love and respect of syeds is recommended.

Marasi = Singer, Dancer. Traditionally, the best singers were from the "Marasi" cast. Marasi would sing to the accompaniment of music on rebeck and on receiving charity would move next door.

Toe Crusher
1st July 2011, 12:43

not sure how you deduced that from the 2nd part of your statement. Like saying that real Syed's are sinless..

Jadz
2nd July 2011, 23:17
Claiming descent from noble and illustrious forbears is related to identity. In the case of sub-Continental Muslims, asserting descent from Arabs - obviously the best, and not the worst of them - is preferable to considering the probability (or possibility) that Hindus might be their forefathers.

This is rather similar to those Americans who claimed descent from the aristocratic English classes, or to those Africans who claimed descent from Bilal (rda)

Very few are willing to admit the possibility of being descended from slaves, or other classes of humans the majority hold in disdain.

Allah SWT States:
Surah 3 Al-Imraan, Verses 33-34
Surely did Allah choose Adam and Noah and the house of Abraham and the house of 'Imraan above all worlds.
The seed of one another, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

The Office of Prophethood conferred upon the houses of the Noble Messengers (pbut), reveals that descent is important in the Sight of Allah SWT. It is the way in which HE exalted those closest, nearest and dearest to HIM. Wa Llahu 'Alam.

Those who follow the life-example of the Prophets (pbut) and honour their tremendous legacies, are the real inheritors. In other words, they are descendants in the spiritual/intellectual - if not actual - sense. Wa Llahu 'Alam.

akheR
2nd July 2011, 23:23
lol guys. There are a lot of genetic studies going on about South Asia and its population, and it has shown that the Arab influence is minimum, if not nil.

I mean, even today a Raja can't marry a neighbouring Jatt without difficulties(and I know what I'm talking of), there's still the caste system, and you think that what constitutes a population of 180 million souls has been influenced by some hundred Arab soldiers (under Muhammad bin Qasim) coming to the Sindh region (only) some centuries back ?

Truth is that only Shias have Persian (and not Arab) ancestors, who where mainly located in North India, but the rest are the same as their Hindu counterparts.
:iamlegend

And about Syeds, I've read that they may be Brahmins who took the name 'Syeds' in order to maintain their privileges over the 'lower' castes. Of course, if you're Muslim, you can't say 'Hey, I'm a Brahmin, respect me lad!', but you can claim respect by descending from the Prophet (pbuh.)

Khabri420
2nd July 2011, 23:26

He is from Agra, rather his parents, etc.

Mr.Saga
3rd July 2011, 08:05
The question is not about Asli or Naqli ...and Shia is not a sect by itself its a Aqeeda (unfortunatly Shiaism has changed the religeon islam a lot).

Now When Shia abuse Sahaba RA they do have sound backing in their books ...Now we live in a confused generation ....People wrote books from both sides and unfortunatly the best we could do is choose one..and we normally choose whatever our forefathers have chosen before...we neither have solid proof nor them.. we live in different time now

We need to forget the past differences and work on unity(the only Way Forward

We do not live in a confused generation. Today we can access countless sources and education is available to the masses. I'd rather side with the ones who follow those that were the closest to the Prophet, vs those that accuse them of being traitors. No shia (or sunni) can ever be a better muslim than the companions of the Prophet.

PakPeace
3rd July 2011, 08:28

even though i am not shia there are more shia syeds than sunni

Mr.Saga
3rd July 2011, 09:10

that is highly unlikely.

Prince_Pathan
3rd July 2011, 15:13

yep...thats true...

have identical fam tree as shias up to a certain point but it disperses from pir baba of buner and qanber ali shah...(but both were sunni)

which must mean somewhere down the line we were shias!...have always wondered it...

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
3rd July 2011, 19:58
well hazaraywall...iv always assumed it to be punjabi...but you go from your dads side...that is normally the trend anyways...

Oh okey , so ur hazara : the ones that even pakhtoun people don't consider real pathans. Now i know where all this fake pride comes from.Trying too hard homeboi.Also watch "the kite runner "

Prince_Pathan
3rd July 2011, 20:01
not the same thing :facepalm:

pakistani side :facepalm: hindko speakers lol
live side by side with pathans in khyber pukhtunkhwa lol

the ignorance really does astound me...you people know nothing about any race

the ones in kite runner are farsi speaking :facepalm:

you made yourself sound very stupid with that post and so i have taken a screenshot of it to prove the ignorance of people lol and laugh my *** off when im feeling down

then again im going to get verbally attacked again :))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazara_people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazarewal

Prince_Pathan
3rd July 2011, 20:04
:))

:)) :)) :)) :))

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
3rd July 2011, 20:17
not the same thing :facepalm:

pakistani side :facepalm: hindko speakers lol
live side by side with pathans in khyber pukhtunkhwa lol

the ignorance really does astound me...you people know nothing about any race

the ones in kite runner are farsi speaking :facepalm:

you made yourself sound very stupid with that post and so i have taken a screenshot of it to prove the ignorance of people lol and laugh my *** off when im feeling down

then again im going to get verbally attacked again :))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazara_people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazarewal

either way , both these groups aren't considered real pakhtuns by the pathans. My point is still valid.

Prince_Pathan
3rd July 2011, 20:19
you go after your father

nobody said they are pukhtuns...whos putting them down?

i havent ? your assuming were putting them down when the truth is we all live side by side...what you see from a movie becomes your perception on the issue? and real life...thats true ignorance

do you think we all gang up on young hazaras and rape them for their kites?

were all residents of khyber pukhtunkhwa...

dont know what else to say to that...so im not going to say anything at all

besides the point...kite runner is complete propoganda...the book itself is written by a farsi speaker... if it was a neutral source then maybe even i would believe it

its like if an indian wrote a book on pakistan all of ye would say its a load of crap lol

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
3rd July 2011, 21:01
you go after your father

nobody said they are pukhtuns...whos putting them down?

i havent ? your assuming were putting them down when the truth is we all live side by side...what you see from a movie becomes your perception on the issue? and real life...thats true ignorance

do you think we all gang up on young hazaras and rape them for their kites?

were all residents of khyber pukhtunkhwa...

dont know what else to say to that...so im not going to say anything at all

besides the point...kite runner is complete propoganda...the book itself is written by a farsi speaker... if it was a neutral source then maybe even i would believe it

its like if an indian wrote a book on pakistan all of ye would say its a load of crap lol
Is this why hazara region wants its own province .Look man , I am not racist , infact my best friend is a pathan and i didnt even know that he was a pathan all this time until the topic actually came up . Your racial superiority complex is kinda getting on my nerves though !

Prince_Pathan
3rd July 2011, 21:24
^^ what have i said now :))

i get this in a football thread too :))

i never called you racist

your calling me one indirectly but its ok i cant change opinions of me...

i have pretty over the top views but well id rather not sugar coat

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
4th July 2011, 01:21
^^ what have i said now :))

i get this in a football thread too :))

i never called you racist

your calling me one indirectly but its ok i cant change opinions of me...

i have pretty over the top views but well id rather not sugar coat
I wasn't talking about one particular post of yours.I have been the biggest lurker here at PP for the longest time. I don't post much but i read a lot. Whatever I've read of you posts here they come off as amateur and full of veiled pathan racial superiority .I am assuming that you are in the 15- 20 age group . I know exactly how you are feeling .I have been where you are at right now.Emotions run high and you have an ideological view of everything in your head. You feel like you know everything and others that disagree with your POV either have a hidden agenda against your people or they are just ignorant . With age and experience you will start seeing shades of grey and not everything will be black and white. When I first joined PP I was the biggest supporter of MQM .I would defend MQM to death and anything anyone said against MQM would automatically make that person a racist in my view. I was young and had blind faith with whatever I was told by elders or peers, I wouldn't question it. I started questioning my beliefs after so many heated discussions here with other people .This was a slow process .Slowly over the years my views changed and I now can see shades of grey with the black and white. Even now i don't see MQM as completely evil I see shades of grey in MQM too . I also know that there needs to be a lot of changes and hard choices that MQM needs to make in order to gain my respect .This was just my rant about my personal experience. You are on the right path .You are having civil discussions with people and you are getting your views challenged.This is a good thing . Eventually you will start to accept and give respect to other people's opinions that make sense to you .

One thing I've learned over teh years is that " dhuaan wahin se uthta hian jahan per aag hootee hai " << -- this I believe in 100%

Looney
4th July 2011, 01:23
He is from Agra, rather his parents, etc.

Oh yes Agra ! you are right Agra , he said so when Bushra Ansari interviewed him

Suna hai Agra ka pagalkhana bara mash'hoor hai ? :altaf

Prince_Pathan
4th July 2011, 03:04
I wasn't talking about one particular post of yours.I have been the biggest lurker here at PP for the longest time. I don't post much but i read a lot. Whatever I've read of you posts here they come off as amateur and full of veiled pathan racial superiority .I am assuming that you are in the 15- 20 age group . I know exactly how you are feeling .I have been where you are at right now.Emotions run high and you have an ideological view of everything in your head. You feel like you know everything and others that disagree with your POV either have a hidden agenda against your people or they are just ignorant . With age and experience you will start seeing shades of grey and not everything will be black and white. When I first joined PP I was the biggest supporter of MQM .I would defend MQM to death and anything anyone said against MQM would automatically make that person a racist in my view. I was young and had blind faith with whatever I was told by elders or peers, I wouldn't question it. I started questioning my beliefs after so many heated discussions here with other people .This was a slow process .Slowly over the years my views changed and I now can see shades of grey with the black and white. Even now i don't see MQM as completely evil I see shades of grey in MQM too . I also know that there needs to be a lot of changes and hard choices that MQM needs to make in order to gain my respect .This was just my rant about my personal experience. You are on the right path .You are having civil discussions with people and you are getting your views challenged.This is a good thing . Eventually you will start to accept and give respect to other people's opinions that make sense to you .

One thing I've learned over teh years is that " dhuaan wahin se uthta hian jahan per aag hootee hai " << -- this I believe in 100%

good post...im 22

your right about what you said except im the opposite

because of the ridicule iv gotten on this from certain section and some of the hypocrisy...iv become even more nationalistic...having my comments deleted in a thread if they were in pashto and it was dubbed as innapropriate language whereas people were speaking in french in one thread a while back and nothing...and various other things but im sure alot of people will get my point...

and that isnt a lie...you will have to ask anybody who knows me in person for that...iv become even more pro now...

reading various insults fly toward pashtuns and afghans i jus couldnt tolerate...i havent disregarded any single race on this...and expected the same but looks like what i heard was not a myth but in some sections a reality...

you either hate me or like me...i dont hide behind false pretences...and i dont say any of this stuff untill somebody instigates and mocks me...again im not going to stand being insulted even if it is a forum...i havea short fuse and sudden onset anger is one of my traits...both things i cannot change...liking pathan players shouldnt be a problem to anybody...im not harming anybody with it...all im saying is your needless comment ignited it as did all the other needless comments which got me started...

i value respectful opinions...not something that puts another person down...

Cricketismylife
4th July 2011, 03:13

no chance be missed to put down hinduism?

Prince_Pathan
4th July 2011, 03:42
^^ it seems to be acceptable to put certain facets in society down...dont mind it...then again id probbaly react with something much more agressive

Cricketismylife
4th July 2011, 06:03
^^ it seems to be acceptable to put certain facets in society down...

one of those funny if it weren't so sad things! lol

then again id probbaly react with something much more aggressive

almost got aggro but then thought some don't know any better!

zen and the art of pak/indian forums :yk

Prince_Pathan
4th July 2011, 08:10
people say stupid things and dont realise its unnacptable to say it...until you say something in backlash...

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
4th July 2011, 08:26
good post...im 22

your right about what you said except im the opposite

because of the ridicule iv gotten on this from certain section and some of the hypocrisy...iv become even more nationalistic...having my comments deleted in a thread if they were in pashto and it was dubbed as innapropriate language whereas people were speaking in french in one thread a while back and nothing...and various other things but im sure alot of people will get my point...

and that isnt a lie...you will have to ask anybody who knows me in person for that...iv become even more pro now...

reading various insults fly toward pashtuns and afghans i jus couldnt tolerate...i havent disregarded any single race on this...and expected the same but looks like what i heard was not a myth but in some sections a reality...

you either hate me or like me...i dont hide behind false pretences...and i dont say any of this stuff untill somebody instigates and mocks me...again im not going to stand being insulted even if it is a forum...i havea short fuse and sudden onset anger is one of my traits...both things i cannot change...liking pathan players shouldnt be a problem to anybody...im not harming anybody with it...all im saying is your needless comment ignited it as did all the other needless comments which got me started...

i value respectful opinions...not something that puts another person down...
good post .Like i said i know exactly where you are coming from.I had the same reaction as your at first when people would accuse MQM of any wrongdoing .I would take that as an insult to urdu speakers . And I got more hardcore in my arguments.Its a gradual process.First its denial , then anger and then acceptance .You'll get there as long as you keep having these discussions and keep your mind open. I can tell now that some of your posts are knee jerk reactions to other peoples moronic posts but keep in mind that this is the internet.Whatever people say here behind the anonymity of their computer screen isn't something they will say to you in person.So always take peoples opinion over the internet with a whole bori of salt .There are way too many internet tough guys and keyboard warriors on the web that like to act tough only on forums.

shjaffri
4th July 2011, 14:02
I am so sad to see some of my friends comments here, describing other casts like marasi, etc and saying they are low cast. I am SYED but I am no more greater or less than any marasi, or any other cast. Hazrat Muhammad PBUH once said, we all are equal, we shall not difference our self with our Muslims brothers and sisters. Either we are arab, ajmai or any other cast we are same.

Also being Syed is not a easy job, I normally donot tell anyone that I am SYED belongs to Muhammad's family, we are not even inch closer to Muhammad's life style or the way we should be living our life and I feel guilty and burden if I do anything wrong that ends up making impression of our nabi wrong to others.

mithun_minhas
5th July 2011, 14:42
Here is a true Syed -
Syed Saba Karim
http://www.rediff.com/sports/oct/25a1.jpg

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
5th July 2011, 15:29
Here is a true Syed -
Syed Saba Karim
http://www.rediff.com/sports/oct/25a1.jpg

http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/00000/IN17_IRFAN_jpg_821f.jpg

And here is a true pathan .He must be a real pathan because he actually has the word "pathan" in his name lol .

Prince_Pathan
5th July 2011, 15:54
^^ his father is from swat and mother is gujarati

migrated to india

he cant speak pashto but you always go towards what your father is bud

Prince_Pathan
5th July 2011, 16:00
good post .Like i said i know exactly where you are coming from.I had the same reaction as your at first when people would accuse MQM of any wrongdoing .I would take that as an insult to urdu speakers . And I got more hardcore in my arguments.Its a gradual process.First its denial , then anger and then acceptance .You'll get there as long as you keep having these discussions and keep your mind open. I can tell now that some of your posts are knee jerk reactions to other peoples moronic posts but keep in mind that this is the internet.Whatever people say here behind the anonymity of their computer screen isn't something they will say to you in person.So always take peoples opinion over the internet with a whole bori of salt .There are way too many internet tough guys and keyboard warriors on the web that like to act tough only on forums.

its a habit to react to something that annoys me...

there is a lot of putting down in this thread but people choose to focus on certain posts...

akheR
5th July 2011, 16:06
^^ his father is from swat and mother is gujarati

migrated to india

he cant speak pashto but you always go towards what your father is bud

First time I've heard of that... what about Zaheer Khan ? Both of these guys look like North Indians.
From what I know the only 'true' Pashtuns in South Asia are: the Rohillas in Rajashtan and the Niazis (:misbah :imran) in Punjab, both groups going to Pakistan after the Partition, Rohillas in Karachi (classified as Muhajirs) and the Niazis in Pakistan's Punjab... the rest generally just claim Pashtun ancestry, and even if there's one, it's diluted.

Prince_Pathan
5th July 2011, 16:22
by south asia you just mean india right? or afghanistan and paks tribal belt included?

if not then the yusufzais,khattaks, afridis,orokzai etc are as pashtun as they come

akheR
5th July 2011, 16:35
by south asia you just mean india right? or afghanistan and paks tribal belt included?

if not then the yusufzais,khattaks, afridis,orokzai etc are as pashtun as they come

I meant India and Pakistan. The only Pashtuns who went amongst traditionally non-Pashtun areas and kept their traditions (speaking Pashto, following Pashtunwali in general, ...) are the Niazis (in Indian and Pakistan's Punjab) and the Rohillas (in India, Rajasthan.)
Of course, there were thousands here and there, but they were never enough to influence India's genetics.
So I found weird when people make all Khanand or Pathan an individual of Pashtun ancestry. Especially when you know that in places like Bihar, some Rajputs pass themselves as Pashtuns.

mithun_minhas
5th July 2011, 19:01
Also, Cannot forget this guy :)
Syed Kirmani
http://www.timescontent.com/tss/photos/preview/12435/Syed%20Kirmani.jpg

akheR
5th July 2011, 19:08
lol what's your point Mithun :waqar

mithun_minhas
5th July 2011, 19:28
lol what's your point Mithun :waqar

Just making sure that Indian Syeds don't get over looked :P

Kirmani's daughter is married to the son of Syed Abid Ali (former Indian test cricketer)... Some one mentioned that Syeds only marry Syeds. Its true in Kirmani's daughter's case :)

Sweeto Shah
23rd August 2013, 11:59
Hi dear I m a Syed. But this this is very bad to feel greater than others. "hum syed hain" means Syed family is that family which was Muslim from Hazrat Ibrahim A.S. There are no non-Muslim is Syed bloodline and Syed belongs from Hazrat Muhammad P.B.U.H and after Hazrat Bibi Fatima R.A. Thats why Syed family known greater than others in Muslim Society. But it doesn't mean that Syed is good Muslim. A good Muslim is only that who follows the rules of Islam. there is nothing to be proud with this.[/I][/B]

Sweeto Shah
23rd August 2013, 12:05
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_tree_of_Muhammad

THESE ARE SAYYED

Reply on shahsons38@gmail.com

Black Zero
23rd August 2013, 12:26
few points:
- this study is NOT based on any concrete evidence
- Abdul Mutlab had several sons; Bani Hasham was big tribe (members with same ancestor)...so this study does not differentiate if someone is syed or from some kafir.
- only way to know if we can determine syeds, then we need to examine (tabarakats of pbuh, Ali, hasan, hussan) and look for the presence of a "fresh" marker in Y. (we could also validate against price karim aga khan, who is real Syed)