PDA

View Full Version : Best Anime Moments

LegendsXI
12th July 2011, 17:28
Any anime fans? just sharing is one of the best anime moments that i have seen so far.

Cowboy Bebop, when Faye and Ed leave.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Uc4A0vXxHUM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Prince_Pathan
12th July 2011, 17:38
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nid35D1UmTs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this...still sticks out...for me as one of the best...

LegendsXI
12th July 2011, 17:40
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nid35D1UmTs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this...still sticks out...for me as one of the best...

oh yeah that was great.

another one in trigun where vash shoots legato in the head.

Itachi
12th July 2011, 18:00
If anyone watches naruto, he'l already know about my user name here....

Best moment, many many all from naruto. Itachi and his little bro sasuke's fight, neji and the spider guy fight.... Orochimaru and naruto fight, haku.... Eh? i would say every moment of naruto lol....

kingkash786
12th July 2011, 18:01
Vegeta's pride is a classic can so easily change the word Saiyan for something like Muslim, Pakistani,

Would like to see someone change he word saiyan to Zadari in his sentence would be a instant classic would do so but do't know how to be honest:amir

Heres the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEXWx9GTjww

fanimw
12th July 2011, 18:17
one piece

Prince_Pathan
12th July 2011, 18:35
Vegeta's pride is a classic can so easily change the word Saiyan for something like Muslim, Pakistani,

Would like to see someone change he word saiyan to Zadari in his sentence would be a instant classic would do so but do't know how to be honest:amir

Heres the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEXWx9GTjww

man i was thinking the same thing except i always substituted planet vegeta the warrior race with afghanistan haha

its true and your right...goku was always my favourite but im watching the series again...and damn vegeta is really growing on me...amazing character along with piccollo

Abdullah22
12th July 2011, 18:36
What is wrong with calling anime, cartoons?
What's wrong with calling Manga, comics?

Yes I know what the differences are but they still are cartoons and comics.

Anyway I'm sick of this anime and manga freakiness which seems to popular among (losers) hobbyless kids. My class is full of these sick kids so I just wanted to let my frustration out please don't be offended.:40:

Abdullah22
12th July 2011, 18:40
If anyone watches naruto, he'l already know about my user name here....

Best moment, many many all from naruto. Itachi and his little bro sasuke's fight, neji and the spider guy fight.... Orochimaru and naruto fight, haku.... Eh? i would say every moment of naruto lol....

Yeah Itachi is a cool charackter.

I used to follow Naruto some years ago just to know what the talk is all about but with time I got bored.

Will the story ever end? It's seems like a waste of time and the story line seems to be a repetition over and over again. Fight peace fight peace fight peace....

Itachi
12th July 2011, 19:05
Yeah Itachi is a cool charackter.

I used to follow Naruto some years ago just to know what the talk is all about but with time I got bored.

Will the story ever end? It's seems like a waste of time and the story line seems to be a repetition over and over again. Fight peace fight peace fight peace....

ha ha. I understand what you are talking about. Its the "fillers" (episodes which aren't in the main comic but are in the tv series), they are very boring and unfortunately, its number goes to 100 above.... The main story is always interesting.

Although i am guessing you watched it in english language. My advice, always watch anime with a subtitle rather than in english.... When they dub, they just sucks away all the emotions with voice.... Japanese voice in anime are always cool!

Abdullah22
12th July 2011, 19:28
ha ha. I understand what you are talking about. Its the "fillers" (episodes which aren't in the main comic but are in the tv series), they are very boring and unfortunately, its number goes to 100 above.... The main story is always interesting.

Although i am guessing you watched it in english language. My advice, always watch anime with a subtitle rather than in english.... When they dub, they just sucks away all the emotions with voice.... Japanese voice in anime are always cool!

No man I stopped watching anime after 20 eps. 30 min with very little movement of the original storyline, waste of time.

After more than 500 chp. and over 10 years of storytelling I think the author should just end the story and not waste our time so I stopped following it, same with one piece. Though 'kids' from my class still follow it with passion

LegendsXI
12th July 2011, 19:30

Agreed 100%, top post itachi. Animes should not be prolonged beyond 50 episodes. Ive lost interest in One Piece aswell due to the infinite irrelevant fillers.

And also completely agree with the subtitles part, animes are meant to be seen in the original form. Sometimes english just doesn't suit the characters.

Abdullah22
12th July 2011, 19:38
Agreed 100%, top post itachi. Animes should not be prolonged beyond 50 episodes. Ive lost interest in One Piece aswell due to the infinite irrelevant fillers.

And also completely agree with the subtitles part, animes are meant to be seen in the original form. Sometimes english just doesn't suit the characters.

I guess they just want to make Dollah Dollah Dollar. Though japenese are honorful nation

Itachi
12th July 2011, 19:51
@legendsxi: thanx. From ratings pov, i heard one piece and bleach are at the top two positions. Haven't got the chance to watch either of them. Although deathnote can be a good contender.... Saw the movie, haven't read the manga. Is deathnote an anime too?

Itachi
12th July 2011, 19:57
@abdullah: naruto will end this year.... In the middle, they dragged the story enough. Now its in final chapters.

I will say cartoons are for kids, not animes. Some animes are even certified 18+. If you watch "ninja blade" you'll know. No kid should be allowed to watch that....

Well, you want a fast storyline and animes are generally slow.... So i guess not your cup of tea.... (no offence btw;-))

Hasnain_786
12th July 2011, 19:58
<iframe width="900" height="650" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qNc90i-IAyg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Has to be this

Hasnain_786
12th July 2011, 20:11

tbh the Japanese voices are crap i rather stick to the english dubs

Prince_Pathan
12th July 2011, 20:15
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PgFwnyvjsII" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Itachi
12th July 2011, 20:17

of which anime? Or as in general?

cricfan967
12th July 2011, 20:24
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OnpQAN1wlok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hasnain_786
12th July 2011, 20:26
of which anime? Or as in general?

DBZ well thats the only Anime I've watched ;-)

Hasnain_786
12th July 2011, 20:27
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PgFwnyvjsII" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What a moment that was

Prince_Pathan
12th July 2011, 20:29
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OnpQAN1wlok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gt was a murder of a magnificent anime :P

Prince_Pathan
12th July 2011, 20:30
What a moment that was

i know...watching the namek saga again currently...class

Itachi
12th July 2011, 20:31
DBZ well thats the only Anime I've watched ;-)

yup. Guessed it. Though dbz is a legend and milestone in anime history, there is relatively no charecter development and lack of emotions in it....

If you are an anime lover, atleast watch naruto. As legendsxi already agreed, in these type of animes, english doesn't do justify to the story and expression of emotions.... Give it a try (i mean naruto) if you want it, i am sure you won't be disappointed.

kingkash786
12th July 2011, 20:32
Bardock vs freiza is one of the best moments in DBZ this is a link to it in Hd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQR41LAdPqw&feature=related

Hasnain_786
12th July 2011, 20:34
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4x5IIYuFjbQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I LOVE CORNBREAD!!!!

Prince_Pathan
12th July 2011, 20:36
Bardock vs freiza is one of the best moments in DBZ this is a link to it in Hd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQR41LAdPqw&feature=related

the bardock special is the best movie released

its brilliant...love the scene aswell...you could make up dbz moments in this thread that trump any other anime

Hasnain_786
12th July 2011, 20:37
yup. Guessed it. Though dbz is a legend and milestone in anime history, there is relatively no charecter development and lack of emotions in it....

If you are an anime lover, atleast watch naruto. As legendsxi already agreed, in these type of animes, english doesn't do justify to the story and expression of emotions.... Give it a try (i mean naruto) if you want it, i am sure you won't be disappointed.

Wrong there is a lot of character development you see all the characters from dragon ball all growing up to be old and stronger in DBZ and GT and what do you mean by lack of emotion?

kingkash786
12th July 2011, 20:39
man i was thinking the same thing except i always substituted planet vegeta the warrior race with afghanistan haha

its true and your right...goku was always my favourite but im watching the series again...and damn vegeta is really growing on me...amazing character along with piccollo

Its Vegeta who made DBZ DBZ otherwise Cell would never have been perfect, and Buu saga would be nowhere near as good as it was, after all who else would have let cell become Perfect after kicking the s*** out of him just to find how strong they were?

Prince_Pathan
12th July 2011, 20:42
watch the teamfourstar abridged series

comical genius lol

Itachi
12th July 2011, 20:45
Wrong there is a lot of character development you see all the characters from dragon ball all growing up to be old in GT and what do you mean by lack of emotion?

dude. I am not denying on dbz. Its a legend of its era. All new comic writers gets inspiration from it.

Charecter development not only means showing someone from kid to old.... It also relates to their various aspects of life. Why vegeta was villain? Why friger was villain? Why goku chose not to follow his ancestors?

In naruto, every charecter has its own history. Every so called villain has a sad past. It shows why they chose their path. And their is philosophy of life involve in every charecter. You can relate yourself to the charecters emotions.... Just watch it. You'll know the difference.

asian123
12th July 2011, 20:47
What is wrong with calling anime, cartoons?
What's wrong with calling Manga, comics?

Yes I know what the differences are but they still are cartoons and comics.

Anyway I'm sick of this anime and manga freakiness which seems to popular among (losers) hobbyless kids. My class is full of these sick kids so I just wanted to let my frustration out please don't be offended.:40:

the please get out :ibutt

Whats the point of showing ur frustation here?

What shows have u watched? I can give u some mature ones which u will definelty like.

I think of cartoons as kid stuff, but most anime's are very mature. Its the same as watching an American TV show, but IMO much better.

What are your cool hobbies my friend?

Itachi
12th July 2011, 20:52
Its Vegeta who made DBZ DBZ otherwise Cell would never have been perfect, and Buu saga would be nowhere near as good as it was, after all who else would have let cell become Perfect after kicking the s*** out of him just to find how strong they were?

agreed. Its vegeta and picolo which gives dbz the gravity. No offence to goku lovers but i find him a little bit boring. He is just perfect in everything. Even if he isn't, he'll just train and bring his power up.

kingkash786
12th July 2011, 20:53
watch the teamfourstar abridged series

comical genius lol

Yeah heres te bardock one from between minutes 15 to 17 its just class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIDHDif7fmo

asian123
12th July 2011, 20:53

No way! I use to watch Dubs when i was a kid, but i really regre doing taht. English voice actors are HORRIBLE!! The Japanese ones are much talented and convey the characters emotions etc... much much better.

Itachi
12th July 2011, 20:59
No way! I use to watch Dubs when i was a kid, but i really regre doing taht. English voice actors are HORRIBLE!! The Japanese ones are much talented and convey the characters emotions etc... much much better.

yup. No one can compete the japanese voice actors when it comes to anime. They are on a whole another level!

asian123
12th July 2011, 21:01
DBZ, Naruto etc... are taregeted at young teenagers. Their brilliant shows to watch when you're around 13-14 years old....but there are much better shows to watch for older people.

There are 3 shows that i think everyone should try:

Death note (around 30 eps long) -

This is a decent trailer, but the only problem is that its in english:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhzikdFMv7Y

Rainbow (around 20 eps long) -

This is the opening song for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OghSdTqZ8R0

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (around 60 eps long)

This is the opening song for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSRJFxHb6p8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os1qi34rP0w

Itachi
12th July 2011, 21:07
@asian123: not disagreeing with your choices (those are great....).... But i don't think naruto is for teens only.... Both adult and teen can watch it but from different perspectives.

asian123
12th July 2011, 21:11
@asian123: not disagreeing with your choices (those are great....).... But i don't think naruto is for teens only.... Both adult and teen can watch it but from different perspectives.

Definitely, it gets really good later on when some ppl start dying, but its not a good place to start for people around 18 years old.

LegendsXI
12th July 2011, 21:17
@legendsxi: thanx. From ratings pov, i heard one piece and bleach are at the top two positions. Haven't got the chance to watch either of them. Although deathnote can be a good contender.... Saw the movie, haven't read the manga. Is deathnote an anime too?

No problem man, it was a top analysis. Have heard very good things about bleach, death note and etc.

And One Piece is also an excellent anime. But the only problem with it and Bleach(as ive heard), is that they are just too long. One Piece has reached 500 eps in about a decade, and its rumored that the creator wants to reach 1000 eps :))).

The only anime that i would suggest to my friends is Cowboy Bebop. Short sweet and extremely cool. In my opinion the best anime. You have to get in to the story, but it all comes together magnificently in 27 episodes.

I you havent seen it, give it a shot :).

LegendsXI
12th July 2011, 21:18
Any anime enthusiasts out there, try this website:
www.animebuzz.tv :)

Itachi
12th July 2011, 21:24
@asian123: lol yeah. Not a good start to watch at 18.... Haven't seen rainbow. Is it great? I liked deathnote.... The movie. Haven't watch the anime yet.... Though i know the storyline and liked the concept.

Hasnain_786
12th July 2011, 21:24
the one that p!sses me of about naruto is their fans i just cant stand them

asian123
12th July 2011, 21:26
@asian123: lol yeah. Not a good start to watch at 18.... Haven't seen rainbow. Is it great? I liked deathnote.... The movie. Haven't watch the anime yet.... Though i know the storyline and liked the concept.

yea pleasee watch Rainbow!! The 2nd ep will have u hooked and crying for sure

asian123
12th July 2011, 21:27
No problem man, it was a top analysis. Have heard very good things about bleach, death note and etc.

And One Piece is also an excellent anime. But the only problem with it and Bleach(as ive heard), is that they are just too long. One Piece has reached 500 eps in about a decade, and its rumored that the creator wants to reach 1000 eps :))).

The only anime that i would suggest to my friends is Cowboy Bebop. Short sweet and extremely cool. In my opinion the best anime. You have to get in to the story, but it all comes together magnificently in 27 episodes.

I you havent seen it, give it a shot :).

Cowboy Bebop is pretty good, but many people find it boring. I dont think its a good anime to rec to a friend, the best one would have to be death note. Some people might find the first few eps of Cowboy Bebop a bit slow, mainly due to the fact that it has no story

Itachi
12th July 2011, 21:32
yea pleasee watch Rainbow!! The 2nd ep will have u hooked and crying for sure

surely gonna watch it then.... Thanx;-)

LegendsXI
12th July 2011, 21:38
Cowboy Bebop is pretty good, but many people find it boring. I dont think its a good anime to rec to a friend, the best one would have to be death note. Some people might find the first few eps of Cowboy Bebop a bit slow, mainly due to the fact that it has no story

Yea agree, first few episodes are ok and most people dont find them that interesting; but i think it builds to the story. Its a lil harsh to say it has no story :)).

But the storyline as it develops along with the characters is just amazing.

Kray_jackson7
12th July 2011, 21:59

Vegeta has always been my favourite. I remember i used to love DBZ

Abdullah22
12th July 2011, 22:31
the please get out :ibutt

Whats the point of showing ur frustation here?

What shows have u watched? I can give u some mature ones which u will definelty like.

I think of cartoons as kid stuff, but most anime's are very mature. Its the same as watching an American TV show, but IMO much better.

What are your cool hobbies my friend?

Hi asian

Please understand me.

After spending my schooldays with my classmates, the majority of whom are 'Manga freaks' (their words) who loudly discuss, in my eyes, the absurdest topics ever like: "Do you like x character with long hairs or short hairs?" "I like him with short hairs but he should color his hairs orange" "No way he looks ugly in short hairs he should grow them out, orange hairs would be cool though" etc.:69:

After spending my time around such people I have become allergic to words like Manga/Anime so every time I hear them discuss these topics I say something negative about Manga/anime to get some peace of mind and to make sure I don't become like them. :117:

Anyway I think everybody has the right to read/watch/enjoy whatever they like. :)

What my 'cool' hobbies are? Well I enjoy collecting stamps my mom says it's 'cool'.:26:

I apologize to guys over here for meddling in you guys please continue to discuss your interests. I'm getting out before I lose my head.:runaway:

asian123
12th July 2011, 22:46
Hi asian

Please understand me.

After spending my schooldays with my classmates, the majority of whom are 'Manga freaks' (their words) who loudly discuss, in my eyes, the absurdest topics ever like: "Do you like x character with long hairs or short hairs?" "I like him with short hairs but he should color his hairs orange" "No way he looks ugly in short hairs he should grow them out, orange hairs would be cool though" etc.:69:

After spending my time around such people I have become allergic to words like Manga/Anime so every time I hear them discuss these topics I say something negative about Manga/anime to get some peace of mind and to make sure I don't become like them. :117:

Anyway I think everybody has the right to read/watch/enjoy whatever they like. :)

What my 'cool' hobbies are? Well I enjoy collecting stamps my mom says it's 'cool'.:26:

I apologize to guys over here for meddling in you guys please continue to discuss your interests. I'm getting out before I lose my head.:runaway:

ok thats weird...where do u live?

I could see where ur coming from and you're correct about the last few bits

Arcturus
12th July 2011, 23:16
haven't seen or read Naruto though I follow Bleach. Has anyone seen Gankutsuou? Its japanese verion of count of monte cristo. Amazing animation. Worth a watch simply because of the dazzling graphics

BoiWonder
12th July 2011, 23:47
code geass is a pretty epic show as well. my 2nd favourite after death note :D

as for best anime moments: i liked the fight between ichigo and grimjow

abc_to_xyz
12th July 2011, 23:52
my fav:

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Doqu-R7yf8A?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Doqu-R7yf8A?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Punisher
13th July 2011, 05:38
Ahhh Bladebreakers, sweet memories, Kai was my fav.

I don't know what people have against One Piece, it is an awesome anime. Someone mentioned One Piece fillers, its got a reputation of being a no/very few filler anime. Not something like Bleach (which I have stopped watching) who have finished up with the main story and now in filler-mode since eternity. Even their new Xcution arc is very different and goes way beyond the main focus of the story.

That being said, I'd say Code Geass R1 & R2 have to be one of the best animes I have ever seen, each season is only 25 eps long but my word what a job has been done with it. Also for the thriller kind Monster is a good anime.

Watsupdoc
8th December 2011, 23:36
Come on people we all know that you all like Anime. Time to come out of the closet and tell us about your favorite anime or the anime you recommend that we watch. :danish

I'll start off first :farhat

My Favorite (Recommended) Anime:

Naruto - Good anime about ninja stuff and yea it has cool characters and all. Just watch the normal Naruto though, don't even go towards Shippuden that has to many fillers...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IabjgUtB7pw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One Outs - only has about 26 episodes (I think). And it's about baseball with a psychological stuff. If you like mind games in sports then this is a must watch!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NjuwsRL_VIE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Death Note - Probably one of the best anime I have watched. A great psychological battle between two geniuses! Has a good plot.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SKOZiDrEYjY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well these are some of the anime that I will start of with. Will talk about some others later :ahmed

What about you what are your fav/recommended anime?

DeadlyVenom
8th December 2011, 23:36
Death Note is awesome. I like it more than I liked lost,prison break etc

GOAT
8th December 2011, 23:38
I used to watch Gundam Wing when I was little. Cool show, also Full Metal Alchemist.

And DBZ.

akheR
8th December 2011, 23:40
^a lot of animes would have been seen as 'legendary' if they were Hollywood productions, no joke.
My favourites, Cowboy Bebop, Gungrave, Monster, Ergo Proxy, Boogiepop Phantom, ...

ElRaja
ghost in the shell, cool film.

Watsupdoc
^Hate DBZ...

Haven't seen Gundam Wing and yea Full Metal Alchemist was okaish.

Watsupdoc
8th December 2011, 23:41
^a lot of animes would have been seen as 'legendary' if they were Hollywood productions, no joke.
My favourites, Cowboy Bebop, Gungrave, Monster, Ergo Proxy, Boogiepop Phantom, ...

Ergo Proxy apparently is awesome? Tried watching Monster but the plot was moving too slowly... so gave up...

GOAT
8th December 2011, 23:42
^Hate DBZ...

Well you're definitely gay

akheR
8th December 2011, 23:43
Ergo Proxy apparently is awesome? Tried watching Monster but the plot was moving too slowly... so gave up...

Monster, yes, a bit slow but honestly enjoyed every episode, there was no 'borin' scene if you want... and I was like 15 when I watched it, an age when I was more into 'action'/comedy stuff like Gundam Seed or GTO...
Well, you have to love the genre... otherwise, Ergo Proxy is pure epicness. Texhnolyze is in the same mood.

u3SzOzm8lmo

And Serial Experiment Lain too (I love the opening too):

NDAeOatiooM

Watsupdoc
8th December 2011, 23:44
^The character in that are way too overpowered and Naruto is kind of becoming like that as well :facepalm:

This was regarding DBZ by the way lol

Pahari
8th December 2011, 23:50
nLzWhXB_Pas
s6f-jbMN5oQ
p7EONScLrHg
A5SIs-Ts0EM
QMH8Tof69SE
SSX58TglZRs
31HMuHanINk
Q4nQhnAbzzc
good animes i've seen ;-)

AZ
9th December 2011, 00:01
If you are older than 16 and you still watch Japani cartoons then you REALLY need to get a life.

akheR
9th December 2011, 00:04
If you are older than 16 and you still watch Japani cartoons then you REALLY need to get a life.

Man, Cowboy Bebop, Gungrave, ... are more 'for adults' than any movie from Hollywood, believe me...

Or especially from Bollywood. :khawaja :P

Watsupdoc
9th December 2011, 00:08

It's obvious you haven't seen death note :akhtar

Pahari
9th December 2011, 00:10
It's obvious you haven't seen death note :akhtar

or gantz ;)

Watsupdoc
9th December 2011, 00:57
Another Anime and one of my favorite favorite anime is Hajimme no Ippo.
It's a must watch, even if you don't like boxing. In fact you'll start liking boxing after watching this. Seriously you need to watch this!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n8DJBDy6mg8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Warfare
9th December 2011, 01:01
That junk just put me off boxing for life.

Watsupdoc
9th December 2011, 01:04
^... Did you even watch the anime? It's the best sport anime out there!

Warfare
9th December 2011, 01:11
^... Did you even watch the anime? It's the best sport anime out there!

Yes, I watched the video. Now I feel like doing some ballet. :afridi

Watsupdoc
9th December 2011, 01:20
Yes, I watched the video. Now I feel like doing some ballet. :afridi

Oh don't go by the video, I just posted a random one. But yea seriously do give a try to the anime! :afridi

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WebDMtitufk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

akheR
9th December 2011, 01:20
Why I want to be a samurai, Rurouni Kenshin:

NqBvh8H0REk

Watsupdoc
9th December 2011, 01:23
Rurouni Kenshin was awesome as well!

What you guys think about Bleach?

Pahari
9th December 2011, 01:55
Oh don't go by the video, I just posted a random one. But yea seriously do give a try to the anime! :afridi

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WebDMtitufk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lol, i have it on my hard drive. haven't had the chance to check it out, may give it a watch

Pahari
9th December 2011, 01:56
Rurouni Kenshin was awesome as well!

What you guys think about Bleach?

naruto and bleach, stopped watching them a couple of years ago, too much filler crap

Uzzy
9th December 2011, 02:23
I didn't like Bleach. Watched the first 30 episodes and got bored of it.

Anime's I do like however;

DBZ. This got me into Anime and and inspired other manga creators such as kishimoto and Oda. Will always be one of my favourite.

Naruto. Kind of similar to DBZ but smaller in scale and has a decent plot. Haven't been watching the anime for a while but keeping up with the chapter every week.

One Piece. I love this show. Great sense of adventure, good comedy and great action sequences. A chilled show.

Death Note. I like the drama and suspense of this show. Always had me wondering what was going to happen next at the end of each episode. The second part however, I didn't think was great compared to the first.

Code Geass. Similar to Death Note. Engrossing plot and has a clever main character similar to Light from DN.

Tengen Toppa Gurrem Lagann. Over the top and that's why I love it. If you thought DBZ was extreme, then you don't know extreme. In this you have galaxy sized robots throwing galaxies at each other like a Shuriken! A recommend watch.

Watsupdoc
9th December 2011, 02:37
lol, i have it on my hard drive. haven't had the chance to check it out, may give it a watch

Do so! You won't regret it.

naruto and bleach, stopped watching them a couple of years ago, too much filler crap

Yeah the fillers are a real headache. Though Bleach isn't showing much of them at the moment at all. Naruto Shippuden on the other hand :facepalm:

Strike!
9th December 2011, 02:40
One Piece>Everything.

Watsupdoc
9th December 2011, 02:40
I didn't like Bleach. Watched the first 30 episodes and got bored of it.

Anime's I do like however;

DBZ. This got me into Anime and and inspired other manga creators such as kishimoto and Oda. Will always be one of my favourite.

Naruto. Kind of similar to DBZ but smaller in scale and has a decent plot. Haven't been watching the anime for a while but keeping up with the chapter every week.

One Piece. I love this show. Great sense of adventure, good comedy and great action sequences. A chilled show.

Death Note. I like the drama and suspense of this show. Always had me wondering what was going to happen next at the end of each episode. The second part however, I didn't think was great compared to the first.

Code Geass. Similar to Death Note. Engrossing plot and has a clever main character similar to Light from DN.

Tengen Toppa Gurrem Lagann. Over the top and that's why I love it. If you thought DBZ was extreme, then you don't know extreme. In this you have galaxy sized robots throwing galaxies at each other like a Shuriken! A recommend watch.

Yup Code Geass was awesome as well. Especially the second season. It was pretty much on par with death note.

At the moment I'm watching Major, a baseball anime, which isn't that bad at all to be honest.

As for Naruto, yea just stick with the chapters (even though they have been pretty crappy lately...).

Watsupdoc
9th December 2011, 02:42
Golden boy video = :))

BoiWonder
9th December 2011, 02:48
Code geass and death note. nothing else even compares :D

akheR
9th December 2011, 02:51
My little bro's list of animes he watched, he's a pure g33k:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/gothx

inzy_paratha
9th December 2011, 02:58
Code Geass, Death Note, One piece , bleach , Kenshin, all awesome animes. Special shout out to Gintama as well, its a hilarious anime parodying other animes basically :P

Strike!
9th December 2011, 03:02
Death note is crap after the first 25 episodes. Too much oh you did this, Well i knew you did that so i did this. Code geass also got worse as it moved on. Bleach became **** after characters started flying around and it became all about teh power levelz.

Saqs
9th December 2011, 03:04
Death Note is awesome. I like it more than I liked lost,prison break etc

Was going to post this.

DBZ and Death Note are the only two I have seen tbh.

Hasnain_786
9th December 2011, 03:13
^Hate DBZ...

look at my avatar and btw naruto is gay

akheR
9th December 2011, 03:16
Gungrave is under-rated, this scene, when put into the context, is one of the saddest ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urZTfRE4df0&t=8m45s

Not even talking of the end of the anime. :'(

lord boldemort
9th December 2011, 06:24
Naruto- Pretty good but its gotten kinda too complicated, it was better when it was less complicated.

Bleach- Good but repetitive

One Piece- GREAT and simple

Eyeshield 21- Recommended, but manga is better than anime. YA HA

Gintama- Funniest anime out there * 16+ only :P ( Highly recommended)

Reborn- About mafia

Death Note- Very Good

Liar Game- A lot like death note except there's no shinigamis

DBZ

Full Metal Alchemist- Ending is very good

That's about it :D

lord boldemort
9th December 2011, 06:35
Some clips from Gintama... Trust me their worth it

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjT32VoekLA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Lto6aV70A&feature=related

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRlndGTVSoo&feature=related

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEP16wTjNb4

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlY_DbNXyi8

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aay9caSFmJk&feature=related

www.youtube.com/watch?v=THhcqZEDQVE&feature=related

Down2Earth
9th December 2011, 07:03
ninja scroll, grave of the fireflies

GOAT
9th December 2011, 07:04
I forgot about Rurouni Kenshin. That show was so good I actually read the manga at one point. Also watched the movies.

ali85
9th December 2011, 07:11
P O K E M O N - Gotta catch'em all!!!!

:hamster:

J/K, Pokemon is the only Japense Anime I watched for 1-2 years around Y2K.

Some of these animations are very lifelike characters and have pretty horror based story lines (demons, black magic, etc.).

akheR
9th December 2011, 09:15
ninja scroll, grave of the fireflies

Have yet to see Ninja Scroll! O
And 'Grave of the fireflies'... damn, another depressing stuff.

akheR
9th December 2011, 09:18
@lord boldemort's: I'll take on Gintama very soon. :D
Do you know "Seto no Hanayome" ? At the moment, that's the funniest anime I know ^^

XlTsZ_Y81xE

kerala porotta
9th December 2011, 09:22
Vampire Hunter D

Watsupdoc
9th December 2011, 13:57
Naruto- Pretty good but its gotten kinda too complicated, it was better when it was less complicated.

Bleach- Good but repetitive

One Piece- GREAT and simple

Eyeshield 21- Recommended, but manga is better than anime. YA HA

Gintama- Funniest anime out there * 16+ only :P ( Highly recommended)

Reborn- About mafia

Death Note- Very Good

Liar Game- A lot like death note except there's no shinigamis

DBZ

Full Metal Alchemist- Ending is very good

That's about it :D

Agreed with all the analysis. Reborn is pretty good. Eyeshield is extremely good as well.

And yea Naruto was awesome when it was simpler (the Zabuza arc and the chuunin exam arc was the best imo).

Liar game have read the manga and its pretty good.

Watched a bit of Gintama, but then started watching Major instead :khalil

Uzzy
9th December 2011, 14:35
As for Naruto, yea just stick with the chapters (even though they have been pretty crappy lately...).

Disagree with you there. I think the chapters have been awesome lately. The true Madara got summoned just recently and is facing off against the 5 Kage's. Naruto and Killer Bee facing off against Tobi and the 6 paths of Jinchuriki. Also how awesome were Kakashi's and Gai's entrance towards the end of the last chapter.

BTW, has anyone seen Broken Blade? I've had it for almost a year now and just haven't had time to watch it.

akamaka
9th December 2011, 15:20
First anime i ever watched was DBZ. The part where they are on namek, thought it was crap, but afterwards used to get up everyday before school to watch it :P

Others on the childhood list are:
-Pokemon
-Digimon
-Beyblades
-Yu-gi-oh

Gave up on bleach, too boring. Naruto ive stopped watch fillers, only watch the main story which is basically naruto vs sasuke.

One piece on the other hand, GREAT anime, absolutely love it.

Another recommendation is Full Metal Alchemist! 60 eps, and story is veryy veryy interesting. :D

Watsupdoc
9th December 2011, 15:39
Disagree with you there. I think the chapters have been awesome lately. The true Madara got summoned just recently and is facing off against the 5 Kage's. Naruto and Killer Bee facing off against Tobi and the 6 paths of Jinchuriki. Also how awesome were Kakashi's and Gai's entrance towards the end of the last chapter.

BTW, has anyone seen Broken Blade? I've had it for almost a year now and just haven't had time to watch it.

There is too much fighting going on... And in the manga I can't really wrap my head around what hit what... it's just that complicated.

I want some plot advancement rather than some 2 chapter of useless fighting... :facepalm:

Uzzy
9th December 2011, 16:33
There is too much fighting going on... And in the manga I can't really wrap my head around what hit what... it's just that complicated.

I want some plot advancement rather than some 2 chapter of useless fighting... :facepalm:

Obviously there's a lot of fighting. They're in a war currently and the plot is progressing nicely at the same time. In this arc we've seen some new characters and their own unique abilities and some crazy battles. Personally I always thought a battle between Itachi and Nagato would be cool and we actually got that in this. We're also seeing what a prime Madara is capable of. So I wouldn't call it useless.

Plot wise, I would say it's nearing towards the end of the war and possibly the end of the series seeing as how everything seems to be one big hurrah.

Pahari
9th December 2011, 16:40
Berserk one of the darkest mangas i've read way back, dont know how the anime is.. makes conan the barbarian look childish..
ju5_gFhs0RU

Strike!
9th December 2011, 17:49
Berserk one of the darkest mangas i've read way back, dont know how the anime is.. makes conan the barbarian look childish..
ju5_gFhs0RU

I wonder if it will be finished before the author dies.

Watsupdoc
9th December 2011, 18:26
Obviously there's a lot of fighting. They're in a war currently and the plot is progressing nicely at the same time. In this arc we've seen some new characters and their own unique abilities and some crazy battles. Personally I always thought a battle between Itachi and Nagato would be cool and we actually got that in this. We're also seeing what a prime Madara is capable of. So I wouldn't call it useless.

Plot wise, I would say it's nearing towards the end of the war and possibly the end of the series seeing as how everything seems to be one big hurrah.

It's still far from over... Kishi seems to have forgotten about Kabuto and Sasuke...

Agreed Nagato and Itachi battle was good, but the current battles are just way too over-powered battles...

I want to know who Tobi is!!!

Prince_Pathan
9th December 2011, 19:46
look at my avatar and btw naruto is gay

haha yes totally agree to that

" so hotshot you want to fight majin buu"?
"fight you?" "no! i wanna kill you

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qPuP-V8f-pU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7AISSxGP4s8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

akheR
9th December 2011, 19:54

The anime is good too, but far from being as gore as the manga (didn't read it yet.)
Also, Claymore is not bad, if you want some gore (and that scence was not even the best):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKMncaF1xbU&t=5m25s

akheR
9th December 2011, 19:57
Oh, and no one talked about HELLSING ! :O
Alucard has to be one of the most charismatic thing on two legs. ever.

xbCxCwvHqy0&hd=1

Pahari
9th December 2011, 20:14
http://www.youtube.com/user/WeeklyTubeShow2
^dbz fans check this channel out

Desi_Joker
9th December 2011, 21:42
Fell out of love with Animes some time ago.

Though here are the ones I used to enjoy watching:

- Death Note
- Liar Game (manga)
- Rurouni Kenshin
- Bleach
- Naruto
- One Piece
- Eureka Seven
- Samurai Champloo
- Code Geass

Here's one good fight scene from Samurai Champloo. :D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ByMZYcDk18M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Uzzy
10th December 2011, 00:52
It's still far from over... Kishi seems to have forgotten about Kabuto and Sasuke...

Agreed Nagato and Itachi battle was good, but the current battles are just way too over-powered battles...

I want to know who Tobi is!!!

Kabuto has been in the midst of this whole war. He's the one who's been summoning the Zombies. We haven't heard from Sasuke a while other than when it was shown he obtained the EMS not that long ago. Still if anything I reckon the series is probably nearing it's end or if not another timeskip then. Look at how much has been going on and how we got to see all the big bad villains over the series and some we only heard in folklore.

We'll get to see who is behind Tobi's mask soon but it would be boring without any action though.

Prince_Pathan
10th December 2011, 00:59
uzzy whats your favourite final fantasy game?

Watsupdoc
10th December 2011, 01:33
Kabuto has been in the midst of this whole war. He's the one who's been summoning the Zombies. We haven't heard from Sasuke a while other than when it was shown he obtained the EMS not that long ago. Still if anything I reckon the series is probably nearing it's end or if not another timeskip then. Look at how much has been going on and how we got to see all the big bad villains over the series and some we only heard in folklore.

We'll get to see who is behind Tobi's mask soon but it would be boring without any action though.

Hmm yes but action with a bit of narrative would be good.

Btw who do you think is behind Tobi's mask?

Desi_Joker
10th December 2011, 02:49

I know the (very obvious) answer to that. :afridi

I'm surprised this is still a mystery to some...

http://www.narutoimagens.com/img/naruto1596708393.jpg

Uzzy
10th December 2011, 03:26
uzzy whats your favourite final fantasy game?

Look at my avatar lol. Final Fantasy X. It was hard to choose bewteen that and VII.

Uzzy
10th December 2011, 03:29

Most people reckon it's Madara's brother Izuna. Could even be Obito but I doubt it.

lord boldemort
10th December 2011, 03:37

Deadman Wonderland is very good too, pretty dark and sad.

lord boldemort
10th December 2011, 03:43
hmm not sure if this is the right thread for this but here are some mangas that are also very good.

Noblesse- I've taken a liking to it, makes me feel all noble xD

Gamaran- A good father, son combo.

Beelzebub- BadA$$ baby (recommended)

Fairy Tail- Its gotten pretty good as of late.

20th Century Boys- A very disturbing manga... especially being Muslim. It gave me nightmares for a couple of days. Read it at your own expense.

21st Century Boys-The sequel of 20th century boys.

D-Grayman- Decent

Almost forgot

GTO- Is a VERY good manga for students. :)

lord boldemort
10th December 2011, 03:47
@lord boldemort's: I'll take on Gintama very soon. :D
Do you know "Seto no Hanayome" ? At the moment, that's the funniest anime I know ^^

XlTsZ_Y81xE

Haven't heard of it but might watch/read it during winter break. Thx for sharing. btw Comedy is the best genre of manga/anime there is. Comedy FTW

Watsupdoc
10th December 2011, 04:22
Most people reckon it's Madara's brother Izuna. Could even be Obito but I doubt it.

There are so many loopholes with the Obito theory though. At the moment it either looks like Izuna or the "uchiha" son of sage of the six paths.

Watsupdoc
10th December 2011, 04:23
I know the (very obvious) answer to that. :afridi

I'm surprised this is still a mystery to some...

http://www.narutoimagens.com/img/naruto1596708393.jpg

:facepalm: If that were the case then even :fawad would be able to beat Tobi...

:yk

Watsupdoc
10th December 2011, 04:24
hmm not sure if this is the right thread for this but here are some mangas that are also very good.

Noblesse- I've taken a liking to it, makes me feel all noble xD

Gamaran- A good father, son combo.

Beelzebub- BadA$$ baby (recommended)

Fairy Tail- Its gotten pretty good as of late.

20th Century Boys- A very disturbing manga... especially being Muslim. It gave me nightmares for a couple of days. Read it at your own expense.

D-Grayman- Decent

Almost forgot

GTO- Is a VERY good manga for students. :)

Yup Fairy Tail = Another good battle anime.

Watsupdoc
10th December 2011, 04:25
Btw any of you seen Major?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UyPfhepQJNw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Prince_Pathan
10th December 2011, 04:25
Look at my avatar lol. Final Fantasy X. It was hard to choose bewteen that and VII.

haha fair enough but thought you might just like auron man lol
jus saw avatar and asked

Punisher
10th December 2011, 06:21
One Piece's latest chapter was mindblowing especially with the true Poseidon being revealed. I must admit it came as a pure shock to me when I opened the last page to read. The series is shaping up very nicely and at the moment is looking to last the longest out of Naruto and Bleach. And to do this continuously for 14 years running is a great accomplishment for Oda.

Naruto chapters have been awesome as well especially with the fans being treated to a vast range of battles and techniques. Always wanted to see how the previous Kages would do in a battle and that's just what I got - have grown a liking to the previous Mizukage character haha.

Strike!
10th December 2011, 06:44

20th Century boys is hardly disturbing at all, I think Monster which was Kurosawa's earlier manga is way more disturbing than 20th Century boys.

Prince_Pathan
10th December 2011, 08:10
http://www.youtube.com/user/WeeklyTubeShow2
^dbz fans check this channel out

dbz abridged series is funnier but i love piccolos black voice :))

thats the one seriously funny thing about that :))

Pahari
10th December 2011, 22:02
Do so! You won't regret it.

Yeah the fillers are a real headache. Though Bleach isn't showing much of them at the moment at all. Naruto Shippuden on the other hand :facepalm:

really good so far, thanks :19:
if you like this, i recommend you check out yakitate japan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0exNlk53xg)

Watsupdoc
11th December 2011, 03:01
really good so far, thanks :19:
if you like this, i recommend you check out yakitate japan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0exNlk53xg)

Really glad you like it :afridi

What's it about? :13:

Strike!
11th December 2011, 07:33

It's about making bread, An excellent show even though the ending was rushed.

Watsupdoc
11th December 2011, 14:10
It's about making bread, An excellent show even though the ending was rushed.

Making bread? :13:

Ok cool I'll give it a try soon :akhtar

praveen
11th December 2011, 15:04
GOHAN defeating CELL is my favorite moment

Pahari
11th December 2011, 18:03

its similar to fighting spirit in that its set in a competitive environment and focuses on the main characters mastery of skills (albeit for breadmaking :10:). its a comedy anime series :ahmed

Watsupdoc
16th December 2011, 03:49
Just finished watching Major. It was a really good anime, a must watch for sport fans!

And thanks Pahari for the recommendation. Yakitate has been pretty good so far.

Watsupdoc
6th January 2012, 00:06
Just finished watching Yakitate. Any other recommendations?

Hasnain_786
6th January 2012, 04:01
dragon ball z

akheR
6th January 2012, 04:46
One of the best anime scenes I've ever seen - the music, the dialogues, the scenery, ... give it a Sergio Leone touch:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4oUA77nFdb8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

inzy_paratha
6th January 2012, 04:50
Bleach is awesome, just got to the point where ichigo defeats ulquiorra by going completely hollow, MINDBLOWING episode/battle, both Grimmjow and Ulqiorras final moments made me feel sorry for them , Grimmjows especially ...these Vastolordis seem to have retained some desire to be fully human!

Kenpachi is still the best though :16:

Watsupdoc
6th January 2012, 16:56
^You are pretty behind bro but yup Bleach is pretty awesome.

inzy_paratha
10th January 2012, 00:23
yeah I have caught up now, loved the Aizen battle was a bit short though. There are a fair amount of loose ends remaining after the end of the arrancar arc though , hopefully some of them will be answered in the future, I thought they should have devoted a bit more time to Gins end and his motives though, maybe have a bit more recognition from the soul society on the role he had been playing for 100 years .

Watsupdoc
26th February 2012, 01:11
Any anime recommendation guys? Ran out of some anime episodes :P

Hasnain_786
26th February 2012, 02:51
Any anime recommendation guys? Ran out of some anime episodes :P

Dragon ball z

Watsupdoc
26th February 2012, 03:06
Dragon ball z

Apart from that...

Hasnain_786
26th February 2012, 03:44
Apart from that...

Dragon ball or Dragon ball GT

http://www.starless.dk/forum/images/smilies/troll.gif

Blade
26th February 2012, 03:55
I'm gonna let you all finish but DBZ is the best anime of all time

I'm a big vegeta fan and think these are some of the best moments in DBZ

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IPA-qRd0rd8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IqEqgEXHYkM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nrSMqnTPf5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Alot of stuff from the Frieza saga was pretty epic, like Gohan going insane and Goku finally going super saiyan

this is a good vid I found
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kOoS-RoLdYw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watsupdoc
26th February 2012, 04:17
Character design and art is really crap of Dragon Ball Z...

Blade
26th February 2012, 04:19
Character design and art is really crap of Dragon Ball Z...

considering it was made in the early 90s they didn't do a bad job

Hasnain_786
26th February 2012, 04:36
DBZ made anime

Hasnain_786
26th February 2012, 04:46
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7-sW-CDFwQM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>