PDA

View Full Version : Help with a download

Rob H
9th December 2005, 00:34
Just downloaded cricket 2005 from a torrent and i was wondering how i can install it. In the file there are 2 "CDs" with BIN and CUE files in both. Anyone know what to do?

entralinks
9th December 2005, 00:44
Oh my.

Follow these steps...

1. Kiss Freddie's poster on the wall on your left.
2. Send peace and blessings on the barmy army.
3. Convince yourself it was a practice series.
4. Download Daemon Tools program (search for it in google).
5. Install Daemon Tools.
6. A small icon will appear in the system tray, right click on it, look for 'Set number of devices' and click on '1'.
7. Right click on the first of those .cue files, point to 'Mount Image' and click the virtual CD/DVD drive that was just created (you'll know coz that'll be the newest one you didn't have before).
8. Now the game's installation screen will appear, click Install.
9. When it asks for the second CD, just right click on the second .cue file and again click on Mount image --> CD/DVD Drive.
10. When complete, replace the game's orginal .exe file from C:\Program Files\Game's Folder\ with a 'crack' .exe file which will be in one of those .cue files (which you can get by opening them from My Computer when 'they have been mounted'!)

Now click the shortcut on Desktop and it should run. And if it doesn't, post a pistol to my address, I must kill myself after typing this much with a tight schedule these days.

Rob H
9th December 2005, 01:57
cheers Entra

entralinks
9th December 2005, 02:28
RH I was joking with ya you do understand don't ya, the first three steps, innit. :D

If you need help later on, we can settle this on MSN if you like. But depends on when I am free, but I'm willing as long as we're chilling.

Rob H
11th December 2005, 00:21
It has installed but when i go to play it, it asks for a disk - what do i do?

entralinks
11th December 2005, 00:38
I wrote that in the first post but no problem here's how..

Mount your cue files one by one, but for each one go to My Computer and rightclick on that newly created drive which has the cricket 2005 name and click Open, now look for a folder something like 'Crack'. Look for this folder in each of those three cue files, byt mounting them one by one. When you find it, open it and there should be a .exe file in it that has the same name as that of the game in the C:\Program Files\Cricket 2005\ directory. When in Cricket 2005 just copy that .exe file and paste it in some folder in your documents as a backup. Now come back to Crack folder, copy that .exe file and paste it in the Cricket 2005 folder, when it asks to replace, click Yes. now the game should run.

Rob H
11th December 2005, 00:58
Well there is no folder called "crack". Should i just look for.cue files?

entralinks
11th December 2005, 01:20
Crack folder is 'inside' cue files. You first need to mount cue files and then look 'into' them from My Computer. :)

Rob H
11th December 2005, 01:23
Ok, i've mounted the .cue files and right clicked and opened it. when i open it there is not a file called crack.

Rob H
11th December 2005, 01:25
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. i've found cricket2005.exe. Shall i copy and paste that?

Rob H
11th December 2005, 01:28
ok, it aint asking for the disk anymore. Cheers entra :D

entralinks
11th December 2005, 01:36
As I always say to boys, you're welcome.

Rob H
11th December 2005, 01:42
:))) it don't work. Whenever i click on play game the mouse just appears in the top left corner and nothing loads. I guess some things arent meant to be.

HAFRIDI
11th December 2005, 01:45
graphics card?

Rob H
11th December 2005, 02:58
most probably

Geordie Ahmed
11th December 2005, 03:28
graphics card?

hate the bloody things!

I downloaded Call of Duty 2 - spent ages trying to install it, all that crack malarkey! finally it seemed to have work BUT then a message came up saying your graphics card is ***** :6: :6:

entralinks
11th December 2005, 03:51
Geordie 25, you can get a good one, on ebay, plays almost all, with the only noteable exception Battefield 2.

Geordie Ahmed
11th December 2005, 03:52
Geordie 25, you can get a good one, on ebay, plays almost all, with the only noteable exception Battefield 2.

a graphics card for 25??

entralinks
11th December 2005, 04:02
No surprises. I've bought a GeForce4 Ti4600 for 31 and that includes 5 postage. So in fact 26 and that too two/three months ago, now it'll be even cheaper. Its a good card for us papu lads. I play these on it and pretty smooth...

Far Cry
GTA:SA
POP:Sands Of Time
POP: Warrior Within
Medieval Total War
Half Life 2
Need For Speed Series
Battlefield 1942 (Desert Combat etc.)

...though I've got 1GB of RAM to go with it. And that you can get for about 30-40 as well but no necessary really, I've been playing these same games on 256MB and were fair. And thats possible if you keep you PC tidy enough from running little devil programs in the background.

entralinks
11th December 2005, 04:12
:))) it don't work. Whenever i click on play game the mouse just appears in the top left corner and nothing loads. I guess some things arent meant to be.Maybe you need some more files to copy in the Program Files directory. Do not give up on these things easily, they do work only if you give them time. Free stuff ain't easy, except for women, they are expensive and still not easy. Anyway can you if possible take a screen shot of the folder where you found (or believe is) the crack .exe file and post it here?

Easa
13th December 2005, 15:37
RH, no need to download Cricket 2005. It sucks.