PDA

View Full Version : Players you are looking forward to seeing this season (2011/12)

Geordie Ahmed
9th August 2011, 09:49
They might be new signings for your club, they might just be emerging youth players, perhaps even players coming from other leagues and players abroad

Geordie Ahmed
My team

Yohan Cabaye - Havn't seen him play BUT he comes with a good reputation having captained Lille to a League and Cup double. He is a central midfielder that is known for his passing skills and vision. He has impressed in pre-season and received some glowing reports so it all bodes well, excited about him and Tiote in the centre of midfield

Haris Vuckic - I mentioned him last year BUT sadly he had another season hampered by injury, though he did play 3 times in the League Cup and performed well. He is an 18 year old Slovenian (19 very shortly) that plays just off the striker, very highly rated. He has had an excellent pre-season, hopefully he can remain injury free as this could be the season he enters the first team

Ben Arfa - Sadly we have not seen much of him due to the big injury he received last year and even recently he got injured again. It has been extremely frustrating because he is a top player, fingers crossed he recovers fully from this latest injury and can push on from there

Sammy Ameobi - Looks like his older brother BUT fortunately it appears this lad can actually play football. Has came on leaps and bounds the last 6 months, has had a very good pre-season (even started a pitch invasion) and seems like he is on the fringes of the first team. A few injuries and he can find himself having quite a bit of games

Geordie Ahmed
Players at other Premiership clubs

Aguero - Class player and I have no doubts he will be a hit in this league, will be good watching him play in this league

Romelu Lukaku - The deal has not quite gone through yet BUT it should be completed soon. Only 18 BUT very highly rated, regarded as the next Drogba (well he is big and black :D )

Daniel Sturridge - Not sure where he will be playing next season BUT wherever it is hopefully he is getting regular football because he is too good to be sitting on the bench

Geordie Ahmed
Players abroad

Nuri Sahin - Has been around for years BUT still only 22. He helped Dortmund win the Bundesliga last season and has joined Real Madrid, not sure if that was a wise decision BUT this lad can play, his passing is excellent and I hope he does well

Thiago Alcantara - Top talent, no doubt this lad is going to become World Class very soon. He has been excellent for Barca in pre-season (also helped Spain win the Euro U21) and he will be looking to force his way into the Barca midfield on a permanent basis. Not quite sure how Pep is going to fit all of the midfielders in (plus maybe Fabregas as well) BUT no doubt we will see plenty of Thiago

Alexis Sanchez - Brilliant player, quick and skillful. Don't think Barca needed him BUT I guess it gives them a bit more options as their bench was quite weak last season in comparison to other teams (Not that I think he will be a bench player, just that they will rotate their team more often)

Theo_14
9th August 2011, 16:19
Players abroad

Nuri Sahin - Has been around for years BUT still only 22. He helped Dortmund win the Bundesliga last season and has joined Real Madrid, not sure if that was a wise decision BUT this lad can play, his passing is excellent and I hope he does well

Thiago Alcantara - Top talent, no doubt this lad is going to become World Class very soon. He has been excellent for Barca in pre-season (also helped Spain win the Euro U21) and he will be looking to force his way into the Barca midfield on a permanent basis. Not quite sure how Pep is going to fit all of the midfielders in (plus maybe Fabregas as well) BUT no doubt we will see plenty of Thiago

The two players mentioned above would be listed in my 'Players abroad' category, along with...

Bojan - Barcelona's product. He's been highly rated ever since making his first appearance for Barcelona BUT failed to live up to the expectations as there was far too much competition ahead of him. He has big potential and is a talented young striker, move to Roma will benefit him alot as he will be getting games under his belt, that's vital for him and his development.

Premiership players

Gervinho - Statiscally... He was Lille's best player and during pre-season, he certainly has shown glimpses of why he was regarded so high at his previous club. He's a exciting player to watch and one player I'm really looking forward too, along with Ryo Miyaichi[B] IF he gains work permit.

[B]Fernando Torres - A world class striker - who suffered alot, last season. This is a fresh start for him, he's had a long and peaceful break... It's time for him to recapture his best goalscoring form and show that he hasn't lost the touch and still has those attributes which he cosistently showed during his good days at Liverpool.

Adel Taraabt - He was like the Messi of Championship, last season. Regarded as a key player for QPR and outshined any other player statiscally at Championship level. It's time for him to do the same, in the upcoming season, but... Now it's a different level, more difficult but a challenge he can compete with, looking forward to the youngster.

AZ
9th August 2011, 19:11
Arturo Vidal - had never even heard of him before he joined us, lol. Is described as a box-to-box midfielder with 2 good feet, so let's see.

sully3
9th August 2011, 20:39
My team -

Danny Wellbeck Has been brilliant in pre season and had a good loan spell at Sunderland last year, A call up to the full England senior team and starting in the charity shield shows how much people rate him. Very versatile player to have in the squad.

Nani Is this going to be the season where the world takes notice of him, will he be considered as the best winger in world football. Nani has been brilliant in pre season for united, also had a splendid match against Manchester City in the community shield.

Anderson Im not a big fan and un-like Nani he has shown little improvement since he has been at the club. Fitness and his attitude also have a question mark over them. This season people are expecting Anderson to take responsibility and claim a stake as replacement for Paul Scholes One thing to note is without Carrick in the team Anderson is a much better free flowing player.

Other teams players

Thiago Alacantra Gem of a player, i can see him being considered one of the best player's in world in a few years time, It's mind boggling who Barcelona are so reluctant to bring in Fabregas when they have a home grown talent like Thiago. This Kid is some player apparently Manchester United made a 14 million offer after the U21 European championship, few days later Barca offered him a new 5 year contract his buy out clause 80 million

Fernando Torres My gut instinct tell me he has not been the same player since his injury at Liverpool, seems to lost his pace and confidence has always been a problem with him. Is he going to be the new Shevchinko.

Gareth Bale One season wonder or genuinely the best left winger in world football? Not playing in the champions league certainly does not help judge him, if he says fit Spurs will certainly be making a claim for a top four finish.

Samir Nasri How good are is Samir? six good months in the three years he has been as Arsenal. Going to city as this stage of his career might not be the best decision, let Wenger work with him for a couple of years maybe he will turn into a genuine world class midifielder.

Prince_Pathan
9th August 2011, 21:39
Arsenal

RYO MIYAICHI : seen glimpses of this explosive talent and hope he can carry on his feyenoord form with us

AARON RAMSEY : hopefully pushes fabregas the traitor out of the playing XI and cements his place

GERVINHO : seems pretty exciting already

OXLADE CHAMBERLAIN : obvious reasons lets just hope he doesnt take the same amount of time as walcott took to develop

BENIK AFOBE : saw em in the emirates cup and looks like a very good player with good pace and trickery...hope he breaks into the team

Others

SERGIO AGUERO
ALEXIS SANCHEZ
LUIS SUAREZ
NURI SAHIN
HATEM BEN ARFA

Theo_14
10th August 2011, 02:03
Ryo Miyaichi is definately one player I'm looking forward to. The Japanese winger had a excellent spell at Feyenoord and is tipped to have a bright future at Arsenal. He's been granted WP and I cannot wait to see him in action. Interesting to see if he is given a chance in first team, probably... A run in the Carling cup, looking forward to seeing him.

Equinox
10th August 2011, 07:01
In the Premiership:
Sergio Aguero: The obvious price factor. The most expensive player in the transfer market this season so will be interesting to see how he fares.

Daniel Sturridge: I really like him. He is very confident of his abilities and I believe he'll develop into a very good striker. See him partnering Rooney up front for England in the near future.

Luis Suarez: Big fan. Started really well for Liverpool and continued his form in Internationals over the summer. A potential player of the season for me.

Nani: I believe this is the season he'll join the ranks of Ronaldo and Messi and be considered one of the best players in the world. Potential player of the season.

Romelu Lukaku: Don't expect him to explode right away. But will still be interesting to see upfront.

Gareth Bale and Jack Wilshere: Both were excellent for their teams last season. Will they be able to repeat their performances this season, with added responsibilities due to the potential departures of other star players in the team.

Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and John Terry: Are they still good enough to be considered premier footballers or is age catching up with them?

AZ
10th August 2011, 07:18
can't help but LOL at Prince_Pathan's post :)))

Wenger seems to be aiming for a Europa spot next season.

Theo_14
10th August 2011, 21:17

Arsenal may be in the Europa league this season, who knows? We're facing Udinese in the qualifications and you and I know how dangerous Udinese can be, as shown in Serie A.

I seriously can't wait to see Ryo Miyaichi in action - just needs to improve physically and then he's completely ready to rip defenders apart, he's a proper definition of a winger, for once we have a proper winger in the side, relief.

sully3
10th August 2011, 23:16
Udinese without Sanchez are as good as Everton, nothing to worry about there for Arsenal. though with Arsenals defence you just never know

Theo_14
12th August 2011, 00:50
Nani:[/B] I believe this is the season he'll join the ranks of Ronaldo and Messi and be considered one of the best players in the world. Potential player of the season.

I'm also looking forward to Nani. He's had a very good year, last season and has continued to impress in the pre-season games and against arch rivals Manchester City in the Community Shield.

It's a big year for him because now he is regarded as a KEY player for Manchester United - he has more responsibilities on his shoulders, it's time for him to shine, once again.

Udinese without Sanchez are as good as Everton, nothing to worry about there for Arsenal. though with Arsenals defence you just never know

That's my main worry, you see. And the thing that makes the worry even bigger is the fact that Arsenal's defence showed signs of problems during pre-season against low rated clubs... And yet Wenger believes Arsenal have no defensive problem, strange.

Prince_Pathan
12th August 2011, 02:25

maybe so

but still better than juve who actually play like their namesake... an old lady

BoomBoomAli
12th August 2011, 04:32
Looking forward to seeing Suarez this season, he looks a class player.
Henderson should also be good with better players around him as should Carroll, Downing and Enrique.

Geordie Ahmed
12th August 2011, 04:41
Henderson should also be good with better players around him as should Carroll, Downing and Enrique.

Enrique is gonna be class, no doubt about it. Suarez is brilliant, he showed that since joining

Have not been convinced by Henderson based on what he did at Sunderland, he will have to improve a lot to justify the price tag or the big move to Liverpool

BoomBoomAli
12th August 2011, 04:56
Enrique is gonna be class, no doubt about it. Suarez is brilliant, he showed that since joining

Have not been convinced by Henderson based on what he did at Sunderland, he will have to improve a lot to justify the price tag or the big move to Liverpool

Yeah, big pressure on Henderson. He seems like a better version of Spearing, pass and move with a goal in him but has that grit to not be afraid to put a challenge in.

Theo_14
12th August 2011, 04:58

He's improved alot in the past year or so. I remember during his time at Middlesbrough, everyone criticised the winger for not adding goals to his game, but him being in a different team with more quality around him, proved to be a huge success as it added goals and assists to his game.

I can see him combining well with Carrol - Downing has a good left foot on him, and can certainly cross the ball, and Carrol certainly knows how to finish those crosses into goals, it's vital these two combine early on... Just like Torres and Gerrard use to.

Geordie Ahmed
12th August 2011, 05:00
I have criticised Downing a lot and whilst I do think he is overrated, he will be a success at Liverpool. He can cross a ball and Liverpool have the best header of the ball in the league, on paper that should be a deadly partnership

BoomBoomAli
12th August 2011, 05:09
Agree, hes been signed cos his crossing will bring the best out of Carroll, a better header of the ball than Drogba? Hes also deceptively quick, not lightning but not a turtoise either.

He can defend back when needed and tends to stay fit most of the time, hopefully he and Carroll will bring another dimension to our play.

Geordie Ahmed
12th August 2011, 05:12
I believe he is and I am sure you will see that this coming season

Theo_14
12th August 2011, 07:30
I think there's a chance of Wilshere being given the advanced attacking role, that's only if Fabregas and Nasri decide to leave Arsenal and with no replacement being brought in. That will give us footballing fans the opportunity to witness the attacking and real side of Wilshere, I guess this is the time where we will see more of the goals and assists being produced by the young talented player.

It's a big season for Wilshere, more responsibilities are on his shoulders and it's the for him to shine and show what he's capable of, same goes for Welshman Ramsey.

Geordie Ahmed
13th August 2011, 10:32
Arda Turan - Just signed for Atletico Madrid. Whenever I have seen him play he has done well BUT don't watch the Turkish league so it has been limited viewing, with him coming to La Liga will get to watch him play more often. Think he will thrive in this league and do well

Theo_14
13th August 2011, 18:58
Daniel Sturridge - Not sure where he will be playing next season BUT wherever it is hopefully he is getting regular football because he is too good to be sitting on the bench

He's a fool if he think he will progress and develop further at Chelsea - a player of his quality and talent should not be wasted on the bench and I seriously think he shoud make a move to a club like Bolton where they clearly know how to develop youngsters.

I seriously can't wait to see Bojan- hopefully he'll get a consistent run in the first team and re-live up to those expections and hype he recieved during his early days of his Barca career.

BoomBoomAli
15th August 2011, 01:00
Class just never dies does it?

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3ZhF7Asumdk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Geordie Ahmed
26th August 2011, 09:44
My team

Sammy Ameobi - Looks like his older brother BUT fortunately it appears this lad can actually play football. Has came on leaps and bounds the last 6 months, has had a very good pre-season (even started a pitch invasion) and seems like he is on the fringes of the first team. A few injuries and he can find himself having quite a bit of games

The young Ameobi has made his impact after scoring the winner against Scunthorpe last night. It was a quality goal as well, scoring with his weaker foot

Hopefully this pushes him up the pecking order and we see him play more often as he has earned the chance

He looks promising, is reasonably quick, has a good touch and some skill as well

Punisher
26th August 2011, 18:04
Regarding Sturridge, I see him as a vital part of Chelsea once the old boys hang up their boots. The only reason why Kalou started the first two games was because Sturridge was banned due to a red card offence in his last game at Bolton. Once that is over, I see him coming directly into the team and he will bring much more energy and excitement to the attack. And AVB sell Kalou to Bolton, they can develop him all they want.

Theo_14
29th September 2011, 12:16
This young English footballer assisted 4 of the goals in the two games he played for England U21's... Scored on his full debut for Arsenal with a 25 yarder and scored yet again BUT this time on his CL debut...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6yVhpn0RhLs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Certainly looking forward to seeing him again - certainly know now why Wenger spent over 10million.