PDA

View Full Version : Controversially Yours by Shoaib Akhtar

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

emclub
13th August 2011, 22:55
An autobiography of Pakistani stump-wrecker Shoaib Akhtar, who holds the record for the fastest delivery in cricket ever clocking 161.3 km/h (100.2 mph), will offer revealing insights into the game, its intricacies and highs and lows - inside the dressing room and outside.

The book, unveiled by HarperCollins-India on the fast bowler's birthday on Saturday, will arrive in the market in September.
Akhtar, nicknamed 'Rawalpindi Express', took time off from his schedule to co-author the book with Anshu Dogra, a researcher, journalist and writer, said a spokesperson for HarperCollins-India.

The autobiography puts Akhtar's career in the context of history of cricket in Pakistan and the world, the unending tussle between bowlers and batsmen, institutions that control the game - including the Pakistan Cricket Board - and the battles of wits and clout on the pitch, the spokesperson said.

Akhtar, born Aug 13, 1975, in Rawalpindi, is a right hand fast bowler, who has been in the eye of several controversies during his career and has often been accused of being a "poor team player".
In 2005, he was sent home during the Test series in Australia for "unprofessional attitude".

A year later, he was snared in a drug scandal after testing positive for stimulants. Akhtar was banned in September 2007 for picking up a fight with teammate Mohammed Asif, and in the following year he was banned for five years for criticising the Pakistan Cricket Board.

In October 2008, the Lahore High Court suspended the ban. Akhtar retired from international cricket after the 2011 World Cup. His impressive run began in the 1990s.http://t.co/p4FPV6l

emclub
13th August 2011, 22:58
I am fearing the worst for :AR15firin:AR15firin :waqar :inti :yawar :naseem ashraf maybe even :inzi and :asif

Blitz
13th August 2011, 22:58
This is one autobiography I am definately looking forward to.

Whatever you say about Akhtar, he's usually been quite honest.

asian123
13th August 2011, 23:02
Should be a very interesting read! :asif

sully3
13th August 2011, 23:30
hope he is honest I'm sure he will have a few things to say about Inzi

shaheer
13th August 2011, 23:39
should be breathtaking it should break out some secrets

Hando
13th August 2011, 23:41
Can't wait

ninjafirstslip
13th August 2011, 23:48
waste of talent with a superiority complex...it will only be a saga of self indulgence.
And if it says anything about current pcb expect courtroom battle and tamasha of shah rukh proportions

saeed-sohail
13th August 2011, 23:50
Sep in not far away. I hope he exposes fixing gurus and legends.

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN
14th August 2011, 00:24
It'll be a good read. Will reveal quite a bit.

Definitely will buy it.

ninjafirstslip
14th August 2011, 00:27
Sep in not far away. I hope he exposes fixing gurus and legends.

pak fans love their masala dont they:asif:sohail

dhump
14th August 2011, 00:29
ok I am buying this one for sure one of the most honest cricketers I know and surely a personal favorite. When we can make pre-orders.

ElRaja
14th August 2011, 00:30
waste of talent with a superiority complex...it will only be a saga of self indulgence.
And if it says anything about current pcb expect courtroom battle and tamasha of shah rukh proportions

probably, doesnt mean it wont be entertaining tho.

ninjafirstslip
14th August 2011, 00:33
probably, doesnt mean it wont be entertaining tho.

you just took out my off stump:farhat

Sledger
14th August 2011, 07:00
Will be buying this.

Hope he lays the smackdown on Kamran.

Fireworks11
14th August 2011, 07:05
Will be buying this.

LOL defo...

Can't wait for it ...It should be an enthralling read. :akhtar

Amoeba
14th August 2011, 07:07
Will definately be worth a read but will have to take everything he says with a huge mine of salt. Honest self-reflection is not his stong point shall we say. A lot of finger pointing to be expected. Interesting read I'm sure but won't be objective.

Sledger
14th August 2011, 07:11
My plan is to take the book off the shelf, skip to the chapter where Shoaib tried his hand at some batting practice (:asif), and read it. If it's good I'll make the investment. :akhtar

SAF
14th August 2011, 07:13
Yea he mentioned about his book on his twitter few weeks back.

Cant wait for it.

Warfare
14th August 2011, 07:14
Will be buying this.

This is the main selling point for me :danish

Hasnain_786
14th August 2011, 07:17
Can't afford it :facepalm:

Amoeba
14th August 2011, 07:25
Let's just hope it's an honest, warts and all, account of his career......ahem......

Wiji
14th August 2011, 07:26
Surely the opening poster meant ''biography'' and not ''autobiography''. :akhtar

Amoeba
14th August 2011, 07:29
I'm also looking forward to the chapter where he humbly details his role in bringing peace to the middle east, erradicating famine in Africa, and how he brought democracy to Pakistan.....ok not the last part...that's too far-fetched!

Amoeba
14th August 2011, 07:31
Surely the opening poster meant ''biography'' and not ''autobiography''. :akhtar

Well we'll know if its an autiobiography if it's written in crayon.
But I'm guessing it is ghost written at least as mentioned.

AZ
14th August 2011, 07:47
This is going to sell more copies than the all the Harry Potter books combined.

:akhtar

pia786
14th August 2011, 11:54
I have already e-mailed the Publishers requesting to pre-order this :-

http://www.harpercollins.co.in/Contact.asp

Email: contact@harpercollins.co.in

◊ Editorial enquiries: editorial@harpercollins.co.in
◊ Sales enquiries: sales@harpercollins.co.in
◊ Marketing enquiries: marketing@harpercollins.co.in
◊ General book enquiries: bookenquiry@harpercollins.co.in

BoiWonder
14th August 2011, 12:25
this is gonna be the first book ill ever buy in my life

LethalSami
14th August 2011, 12:31
THIS> IS >GONNA>BE>EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :akhtar

PerfectionPersonified
14th August 2011, 12:41
:akhtari knew i would find someone on this thread -- i am so intelligent

kingusama92
14th August 2011, 13:11
this is gonna be the first book ill ever buy in my life

Please don't tell me this will also be the first book you'll ever read. :akhtar

Fireworks11
14th August 2011, 13:14
The chapter describing the Kolkata silence will bring in the shivers. :sachin

amarali
14th August 2011, 13:14
Oh can,t wait for it......i always thought that Shoaib Akhtar,s Quiteness after WC2011 will bring storm,and i think this storm will arrive in september.....

emclub
14th August 2011, 19:51
Lahore: The Pakistan Cricket Board on Sunday said that retired fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar kept the board in dark about his upcoming autobiography to be launched next month.

Akhtar's autobiography will offer revealing insights into the game, its intricacies and highs and lows from inside the dressing room as well as outside, according to details released at a press conference arranged by the publishers in New Delhi on Saturday.

The book, unveiled by HarperCollins India on the pacer's birthday on Saturday, will hit the markets next month.

"No we had no idea that he was going to launch his autobiography but since he is a retired player now he is not answerable to us for anything," a PCB official told PTI.

But the official was clearly taken by surprise to learn about Akhtar's upcoming book and said the fast bowler at no stage had indicated to the board about his plans.

Akhtar was a centrally contracted player in the top category with the PCB until he retired from international cricket during the this year ICC World Cup.

Since his retirement, the enigmatic fast bowler has kept himself out of the limelight.

"It now seems he was well aware of what he was doing because obviously his autobiography has not been written overnight or in a few months time it must have been planned well in advance. So he knew his priorities when he decided to retire in the World Cup," a former Test captain said.

Akhtar, nicknamed 'Rawalpindi Express', took time off from his schedule to co-author the book with Anshu Dogra, a researcher, journalist and writer, said a spokesperson for HarperCollins India.

The PCB official, however, explained that national cricketers were bound to share and discuss any plans to write a book or give a media interview only if they were contracted with the board.

"Since he is retired the clause of the central contract that a player is bound by board regulations until three months after the expiry of his contract is also not applicable to Shoaib," the official said.

"He is free to do what he wants," he added.
The official also said that the book is likely to generate some controversy considering the colorful career of the pacer.

"He has been involved in so many controversies that one can imagine lot of exciting stuff in his autobiography," he added. http://t.co/PChIkWP

Shayan
14th August 2011, 19:54
Looking forward to this!

Amoeba
14th August 2011, 20:11
Please don't tell me this will also be the first book you'll ever read. :akhtar

It's ok he's only 5 so shouldn't have any problems as there won't be any long words.....

James
14th August 2011, 20:19
you just took out my off stump:farhat

Hahaha I like this guy.

emclub
14th August 2011, 20:21
Hahaha I like this guy.

me too, he's in fine form going at Lala-isc Strike rate atm :afridi

ninjafirstslip
14th August 2011, 20:29
This is the main selling point for me :danish

drop it like its hot:azeem:danish

Yanky Panky
14th August 2011, 20:30
I want pictures and juicy details of his clubbing...only then it would prove to me that the rest in his book is a true account.

What is the title of the book? "The Maverick Cricketer"?

Poison
14th August 2011, 20:32
ninja is a funny chap :afridi

And this book should be epic, I hope the wounded walrus/triceratops dedicates an entire chapter of pure 'maa bhen' to Kamran

Poison
14th August 2011, 20:32
I want pictures and juicy details of his clubbing...only then it would prove to me that the rest in his book is a true account.

Why would anyone put that in their autobiography?

emclub
14th August 2011, 20:34

controversially yours

ninjafirstslip
14th August 2011, 20:37

I think it will be accounts of how he bought the golden girls dvd and how they make him feel all mushie inside. He will conclude with susan boyle album review and his anticipation of the new worthers original flavour.

magestic.:sohail

waqar_ahmad
14th August 2011, 20:41
Look at the language from PCB. Clearly they are not happy about this.

I want shoaib to expose the board. You can criticize this guy all you want, but he was an honest player, and wasnt a fixer, which cant be said for most of the seniors like waqar, akram, inzi, etc

IAJ
14th August 2011, 20:41
Can't afford it :facepalm:

:facepalm: you can allways borrow it from someone.

Pakhtoon_Rules
14th August 2011, 20:47
Is there any need of PCB permission?

AZ
14th August 2011, 20:56
Nope, he is an azaad panchi now.

Can't wait for the movie based on the book either.

I'm hearing SRK is already working with a bowling coach....:)))

Pakhtoon_Rules
14th August 2011, 20:59
Look at the language from PCB. Clearly they are not happy about this.

I want shoaib to expose the board. You can criticize this guy all you want, but he was an honest player, and wasnt a fixer, which cant be said for most of the seniors like younis, akram, inzi, etc

Younis as fixer? Are you serious man

waqar_ahmad
14th August 2011, 21:00
Younis as fixer? Are you serious man

waqar younis.

MY bad, will edit it to avoid confusions

ninjafirstslip
14th August 2011, 21:03
Nope, he is an azaad panchi now.

Can't wait for the movie based on the book either.

I'm hearing SRK is already working with a bowling coach....:)))

hear the title will be kabhi whisky kabhi rum :danish

Pakhtoon_Rules
14th August 2011, 21:04
waqar younis.

MY bad, will edit it to avoid confusions

Haan na pathan bhai kai khilaf kuch bola tho acha nahi hoga

Fireworks11
14th August 2011, 21:18
hear the title will be kabhi whisky kabhi rum :danish

Lol you're a funny dude. :rao.

The 100mph childhood dream achieved at Cape Town will be quite a read.

waqar_ahmad
14th August 2011, 21:32
Haan na pathan bhai kai khilaf kuch bola tho acha nahi hoga

pathan bhai is one of my favorite captains. So dont worry khan je

ElRaja
14th August 2011, 21:34
it should be called Icarus.

ninjafirstslip
14th August 2011, 21:37
ill laugh if it is just a 300 page snow patrol love letter.

786warrior
14th August 2011, 22:10
This is going to be his greatest and most explosive delivery!!!!!!!!!!

SIMBA
14th August 2011, 22:34
Some people are going to get yorked when this book is released :yk

Should be an interesting read.

classic
14th August 2011, 22:44
Is it scheduled to be released on Eid...?

emclub
14th August 2011, 22:53
Is it scheduled to be released on Eid...?

yes i'll buy it with my eidi

786warrior
14th August 2011, 22:56
I hope this akhtar delivery demolishes the PCB and all the **** in the Pak set-up/ team!!!!!!

amirfanforlife
14th August 2011, 23:08
I actually can't wait for this to come out. :akhtar

MrPakistan786
14th August 2011, 23:12
Should be a good read.

Ruri
14th August 2011, 23:53
Title: Shoaib Akhtar : A speedster's triumph over adversity.

Subheading: A man's journey through cricket past several hurdles, Butts, Incompetent teammates, and warts.

Any chance it'll look like that?

Ruri
14th August 2011, 23:53

Subheading: A man's journey through cricket past several hurdles, Butts, Incompetent teammates, and warts.

Ironcat
15th August 2011, 00:00
will there be a kindle version?

Amjid Javed
15th August 2011, 00:03
Should be a fun read!

pakcricketfan
15th August 2011, 00:11
Definitely going to read it! :D

wiseguy
15th August 2011, 01:00
cant wait!

it should be called 100.2mph!!! :akhtar

akheR
15th August 2011, 01:05

Hope he doesn't become too personal tough. :ahmed

Amoeba
15th August 2011, 04:29
yes i'll buy it with my eidi

Just gave your age away - some of us are in deficit after Eid.....

pun500
15th August 2011, 12:26
book will be me me me then how i was wronged , xyz are morons and killed of my career with liberal sprinklings of how awesomely fit he was :))) :))) . Worth the money for such soap opera

Amoeba
15th August 2011, 13:03
Maybe he got the idea from the fictional diary of Showboy Actor......all those years ago.....

Badsha
15th August 2011, 13:48
Looking forward to it, but knowing Pakistani cricketers and their political replies to everything, I wont expect any fireworks.

Unless however, Shoaib Akhtar remains Shoaib in his auto biography.

emclub
24th August 2011, 01:00
Pre Order the book from here

http://www.buybooksindia.com/getProductDetail.action?id=314643 or
http://www.flipkart.com/m/books/9350291283

ElRaja
24th August 2011, 01:28
where can i get it in the uk?

Sledger
24th August 2011, 01:30
Controversially Yours. :))

Wiji
24th August 2011, 01:32
"When I runs fast, then I bowls fast. When I don't runs fast, I can't bowls fast." - :akhtar

emclub
24th August 2011, 01:35
Controversially Yours. :))

already revealed in Post #43

Bullet Drive
25th August 2011, 09:02
Can't wait for this.

ahamedirshad123
25th August 2011, 10:19
Ordered !

SAF
25th August 2011, 10:55
Pre Order the book from here

http://www.buybooksindia.com/getProductDetail.action?id=314643 or
http://www.flipkart.com/m/books/9350291283

Can I order this from US??

emclub
25th August 2011, 10:57
Can I order this from US??

not sure :adnan

Amoeba
25th August 2011, 10:59
When is it available in the UK? Will he be doing any book signings.......in crayon?
I wanna go up to him and say "I'm your number 1 fan"......in the style of Kathy Bates.......he is too egotistical to understand anyway.

But if Actor goes missing and finds himself chained to the bed you will know who's behind it........

emclub
25th August 2011, 11:00
^^ it'll be available overseas at a later date but it'll be dont worry Sarfraz bhai

Saqs
25th August 2011, 13:01
Can't wait.

PerfectionPersonified
25th August 2011, 15:34
cant wait for this btw Ameoba ,Did Shoaib steal your underwear in childhood , you post some much baseless garbage against the SUPERSTAR:akhtar

Noman
25th August 2011, 16:24
have ordered.. Just hope he tells the truth??? :D:kami

Noman
25th August 2011, 16:24
cant wait for this btw Ameoba ,Did Shoaib steal your underwear in childhood , you post some much baseless garbage against the SUPERSTAR:akhtar

FIXED G:asif:kami

Amoeba
25th August 2011, 16:26

Yeah he stole mine cos he was so poor and of such low class that he would wear somebody else's. Far too big for him!

PerfectionPersonified
25th August 2011, 16:35
^ :))):))):)))

James
25th August 2011, 16:43

He does post against him but it is not baseless garbage actually. If you disagree with the points, respond to them.

PerfectionPersonified
25th August 2011, 16:52
He does post against him but it is not baseless garbage actually. If you disagree with the points, respond to them.

To me he starts with anything negative he could write-- i don't have time to copy his all posts from all threads but he has some personality clash with the speedster-

Ducking Beamer
25th August 2011, 16:52
Should be my second autobiography after :jm "Cutting Edge"

Amoeba
25th August 2011, 17:06

Don't worry mate. Water, duck and back. Or maybe I can enlist the services of Agent Bauer.....

Romali_rotti
25th August 2011, 17:09
Don't worry mate. Water, duck and back. Or maybe I can enlist the services of Agent Bauer.....

I bet you will buy the book...

PerfectionPersonified
25th August 2011, 17:11
:akhtar^ i bet he would also

Amoeba
25th August 2011, 17:12
Of course I will. Have to read it. But maybe the difference to other PPers is that I will be taking it with a huge mine of salt.....

Tapori
25th August 2011, 18:09
You just know he'll be gunning for the top PCB plebs just like one of his searing yorkers/inswingers...

This isn't just a money-making England Footballer biography after a WC failure-type thing.

Oh no.

This time it's Personal

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CVNQaJN4HgU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You don't publicly insult a Gentleman's Manhood like that and not expect there to be major repercussions.

LOL - Ameoba - Kathy Bates; Perhaps forcing him to play on into his late 40's... Now thats Misery.

Romali_rotti
25th August 2011, 18:11
Of course I will. Have to read it. But maybe the difference to other PPers is that I will be taking it with a huge mine of salt.....

That makes 2 of us but I happen to like him...

Markhor
25th August 2011, 18:14
If the phrase 'warts and all' coverage was ever more apt, this is it. Thought I expect a few biases on Akhtar's part, hope he does accept that he made mistakes too.

Radiance Of Australis
25th August 2011, 18:20
Controversially Yours :)) Hats off to the person who came up with it. :P

Amoeba
25th August 2011, 18:28
If the phrase 'warts and all' coverage was ever more apt, this is it. Thought I expect a few biases on Akhtar's part, hope he does accept that he made mistakes too.

Check out my post number 22 in this thread.....

Markhor
25th August 2011, 18:31
Check out my post number 22 in this thread.....

Man, why did you beat me to it :facepalm:

Was quite happy with that one :))

Tapori
25th August 2011, 18:34
Theres got to be more Puns!

Noman
25th August 2011, 18:40
When is it available in the UK? Will he be doing any book signings.......in crayon?
I wanna go up to him and say "I'm your number 1 fan"......in the style of Kathy Bates.......he is too egotistical to understand anyway.

But if Actor goes missing and finds himself chained to the bed you will know who's behind it........

Bhai please be kind and tell us what Shoaib Akhtar did to u ... Please tell us Amoeba??:nj

Amoeba
25th August 2011, 19:00
Bhai please be kind and tell us what Shoaib Akhtar did to u ... Please tell us Amoeba??:nj

He did nothing to me personally....but he cheated our nation - he never fulfilled his potential and never carried on the legacy of truely great Pakistani fast bowlers from Imran to Wasim to Waqar to.......?

Us Pakistani fans should all feel angry - if we don't then we aren't true fans of Pakistan....just teenage fantasists.....

Hash
25th August 2011, 19:05
I loved his 'my dear PCB' with a big grin on his face when he was announcing his retirement. It was very cheeky and clearly sarcastic.

Let's hope he exposes Ija Butt and other incompetent PCB fools in his book. I can't wait to read it.

Shoaib Akhtar's Fan
26th August 2011, 22:26
Can't wait for this.

Any ideas if I can pre order this for USA ?

Ducking Beamer
27th August 2011, 02:28
Can you guys please tell me the exact release date of this autobiography in Pakistan?

Shoaib Akhtar's Fan
27th August 2011, 02:33
BTW, I love the title. Very Apt !

Amoeba
27th August 2011, 14:03
Probably 10th Sept to coincide with his usual bowling figures:-

Ov M R W nb
10-0-92- 0- 11

WithLoveFromCanada
27th August 2011, 16:13
I hope shoaib mentions in the book that Pakistan India SF was fixed at government level....i hope he mentions that....

Poison
27th August 2011, 17:00
He did nothing to me personally....but he cheated our nation - he never fulfilled his potential and never carried on the legacy of truely great Pakistani fast bowlers from Imran to Wasim to Waqar to.......?

Us Pakistani fans should all feel angry - if we don't then we aren't true fans of Pakistan....just teenage fantasists.....

But that's his personal fault Amoeba, we shouldn't really give him crap for ruining his own career/legacy.

Noman
27th August 2011, 17:13

Amoeba bhai - No doubt that Wasim and Waqar were great bowlers:asif:amir But are you saying that Wasim and Waqar didnt cheat our nation?
I really really hope you have read this rapport http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/PAK/NEWS/qayyumreport/qayyum_report.html :asif:amir

Shoaib Akhtar as a human being/cricketer was never perfect . Fulfilling potential is not easy. In my view Wasim and Waqar too didnt fulfill their potential. We never did win test matches in Aus and we had Wasim and Waqar. , but thats another topic.

Shoaib Akhtar was the fastest bowler in this world. He was class bowler. Batsman all around the world feared him. No batsman would admit this. But as a fan you could always sense that the batsman was feeling the heat even when Shoaib Akhtar was half fit and in 50% rhythm. Shoaib Akhtar had the most exciting run up and one of the most aggressive bowling action. Shoaib Akhtar was an entertainer.

True fans support the team and players

Savak
27th August 2011, 18:42
Waqar fulfiled his potential? Waqar had the most awesome start to his career, he picked up something like 200 test wickets in his first 32 tests. His last 55 tests yielded 173 test wickets. Given the start Waqar had to his career he should have taken 550-600 test wickets when he retired.

People like Amoeba think its so easy to bowl at 150-155 km/hr when your flat footed, have abnormal joints in the elbows, knees, have asthma and the fact this injury plagued individual still took 178 test wickets and 247 odi wickets. What have the likes of Shane Bond, Shaun Tait done?

Is it so hard to come to terms with the fact that perhaps Shoaib had no real desire of becoming like Wasim and Waqar i.e. slowing down to become a 130 km/hr trundler. Shoaib looked completely finished in the 2010-11 season, he was hit for 15 sixes in that entire season. He went out at the right time.

emclub
27th August 2011, 18:49
You calling Wasim Bhai trundler #pathetic

ahsan88
27th August 2011, 19:04
I hope shoaib mentions in the book that Pakistan India SF was fixed at government level....i hope he mentions that....

Not so soon.

I can see Afridi mentioning it in his book, when he comes of age and is eligible to vote. :P

Savak
27th August 2011, 19:09
You calling Wasim Bhai trundler #pathetic

Not exactly but he did lose his zip towards the last few years of his career. Waqar was a trundler for sure from 1999 to 2003.

emclub
27th August 2011, 19:13
Not exactly but he did lose his zip towards the last few years of his career. Waqar was a trundler for sure from 1999 to 2003.

Agreed :taufeeq

SwingNSeam
12th September 2011, 14:04
Is anybody going to get it? Its an autobiography. I cant wait for the book, I think its going to be a jaffa. :akhtar

http://202.138.101.7/controversially-yours-shoaib-akhtar/books/9789350291283.htm

Wonder when it'll be available internationally.

Ryankhan
12th September 2011, 14:11
I cant wait to get my hands on it. Love THE SPEEDSTER. Well soon he will be all over the news again becoz im sure he would have plenty of surprises for all the Cricket lovers. And we may get to know why exactly he didnt played the big SEMI FINAL match in the WC 2011 ;)

Fireworks11
12th September 2011, 14:19
It should be an absorbing read, loved his patriotism. Still miss him big time.

Shayan
12th September 2011, 14:21
I have to say, that's an excellent title!

Ahmad Shah
12th September 2011, 15:45
when the book is going to be released??

miandadrules
12th September 2011, 17:00
Can't wait. Hope it will be warts and all!

PakPosheeda
12th September 2011, 17:21
Cant wait. Cricket just isn't as spectacular with him gone.

shehzi
12th September 2011, 17:23
He was a Legend :bumble

Ashraful_Rox
12th September 2011, 17:27
Striking title. But no wouldn't get the book.

velu
12th September 2011, 18:14
I am sure Akhtar will have some pages dedicated for :kami

Britstani
12th September 2011, 18:15
I am sure Akhtar will have some pages dedicated for :kami

Maybe even a whole chapter lol

MR__KHAN__JI
12th September 2011, 18:23
PP willbe buzzing.... when its released....

ExLegend
12th September 2011, 18:23
What is he going to talk about i don't know , but if he wants it to be great he needs to expose lots of animals in PCB and Pak Team :kami

D
12th September 2011, 18:59
Excited about this one. Ordered it online - releases Sept 20th so I am guessing delivery to Canada will be another ten days.

Last time I was this excited for a cricketer's biography was when Waqar said at this retirement that he'll write/release one soon.. never heard of it again! I think he might give it another thought w/ coaching duties over and Akhtar's book hitting the market.

velu
12th September 2011, 19:57
Available in India for 200rs for preorder ( actual price 499 ).
Its really easy for akhtar to sell this book in India if he touch some nerves :23::23:

Britstani
12th September 2011, 20:04
Excited about this one. Ordered it online - releases Sept 20th so I am guessing delivery to Canada will be another ten days.

Last time I was this excited for a cricketer's biography was when Waqar said at this retirement that he'll write/release one soon.. never heard of it again! I think he might give it another thought w/ coaching duties over and Akhtar's book hitting the market.

LOL yeh i too was waiting and still am for it, The only one ive read is the Imran Khan one...was great read!

SwingNSeam
12th September 2011, 23:07
I hope they have it on ebay and/or amazon soon. The release date is Sep 20th.

kasim7864
13th September 2011, 00:43
A family member of mine will be going to Pakistan in October and will be going to various cities e.g. Islamabad, Lahore and Peshawar.

Does anyone know what shops such a book will be at? e.g. a sports shop or are there any major book shops in these cities that you know of?

Liverpool_Faizan
13th September 2011, 00:57
yawn.

all of these books are almost always one sided with nothing insightful to give.

the only exception being Nasser Hussian's book.

DW44
13th September 2011, 01:03
A family member of mine will be going to Pakistan in October and will be going to various cities e.g. Islamabad, Lahore and Peshawar.

Does anyone know what shops such a book will be at? e.g. a sports shop or are there any major book shops in these cities that you know of?

Mr. Books and Saeed Book Bank in Islamabad are bound to have it. They tend to stock virtually every piece of written literature under God's blue heaven, so they're your best bet.

Fireworks11
13th September 2011, 01:23
His Asif encounter, Kolkata delight and Kamran's drop make for an enthralling read.

Savak
13th September 2011, 01:25

You cant just write your autobiography just because you feel like it. There has to be an interested writer, author and publisher. You need to be approached for it, you even get paid for it with some agreement on profit sharing i believe.

Most definately no one approached Waqar for his autobiography. Wasnt the case with Akhtar.

farsiddiqui
13th September 2011, 01:26
Available in India for 200rs for preorder ( actual price 499 ).
Its really easy for akhtar to sell this book in India if he touch some nerves :23::23:

You mean Bhagwan ka apmaan?! :sachin

Hando
13th September 2011, 01:26
No point buying it as most of the stuff will be reviled online

mate1
13th September 2011, 01:28
i will definitley buy it Insha-Allah. This is gonna be one heck of a roller coaster ride I guess!

mate1
13th September 2011, 01:31
Can't wait. Hope it will be warts and all!

use Kleenex!

mate1
13th September 2011, 01:32
Mr. Books and Saeed Book Bank in Islamabad are bound to have it. They tend to stock virtually every piece of written literature under God's blue heaven, so they're your best bet.

Ferozsons should have it in Lahore, if they are still around!

Bouncer
13th September 2011, 01:33
yawn.

100% accurate...I have learned that there is almost nothing new that I learn from reading the biography of a pakistni/indian cricketer, that I did not already know.

Other than Nass's, Michael Slater was a good read too and so was Steve Waugh's.

Best desi player's bio that I have read was of Fazal Mohammad...Great inside news on how he handeled Indian cricket board/officials when he went there as captain in 61 (Those who think that its current BCCI and other admin's that are b!g headed, will be surprised to hear what Fazal faced and frankly described)...and also Aravinda's

Pk-zindabaad
13th September 2011, 01:47
I AM SO GETTING THIS BOOK! when is it out in the uk, will it be in regular book stores?/

kasim7864
13th September 2011, 02:03

Thanks!

Passionate-FastBowler
13th September 2011, 02:26
100% accurate...I have learned that there is almost nothing new that I learn from reading the biography of a pakistni/indian cricketer, that I did not already know.

Other than Nass's, Michael Slater was a good read too and so was Steve Waugh's.

If you read Imran Khan's Biography : All Round View. Your views would change.

Cover Drive
13th September 2011, 02:33
It is already out in India by the way.

KSaeed
13th September 2011, 02:36
Can't wait for this. In some interviews he would reply to hard questions that he would give an answer in his book- let's see if he keeps his word ;)

TalhaSyed
13th September 2011, 02:36

Where did you order it from man?
The website in the OP?
Do the deliver outside India aswell?

KingKhanWC
13th September 2011, 02:42

What?!! The real deal or some fake?

Can it be ordered from India, can't wait to read this.

SwingNSeam
13th September 2011, 02:43
Where did you order it from man?
The website in the OP?
Do the deliver outside India aswell?

Yeah the website that I posted in my OP does ship internationally, but if your not in the subcontinent, then itll reach you a week or two late, assuming you choose international shipping.
BTW, the price of international shipping is 2x the price of the book, I think. :akhtar

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN
13th September 2011, 02:46
Will be a great read, will buy it.

duostyle
13th September 2011, 03:37
I hate reading books, but I'd definitely read this one.

Although dodgy website looks dodgy in OP, I'll wait and check if someone in Europe stocks it or any other trusted retailer which ships internationally.

Bouncer
13th September 2011, 04:12
If you read Imran Khan's Biography : All Round View. Your views would change.

Interestingly, it was the 2nd cricketer whose biogrophy I ever read in 1991 and I dont think I learned anything that I didnt already know about Pak domestic cricket, Imran's county experience and captaincy etc etc etc

emclub
13th September 2011, 04:46
Interestingly, it was the 2nd cricketer whose biogrophy I ever read in 1991 and I dont think I learned anything that I didnt already know about Pak domestic cricket, Imran's county experience and captaincy etc etc etc

Have you read Wasim and Mushy's books?

Bouncer
13th September 2011, 04:51

Wasim's Yes, and I didnt know if Mushy (Mushtaq Ahmed) has done a Bio.

BoiWonder
13th September 2011, 05:10
how many US or Canadian dollars is 500 indian rupees?

Sledger
13th September 2011, 05:13

You learnt something from Wasim's book?

It was terrible, just ghosted commentary on his career. One of the least insightful bios.

emclub
13th September 2011, 05:46
You learnt something from Wasim's book?

It was terrible, just ghosted commentary on his career. One of the least insightful bios.

it was alright esp the stuff about the dressing room, anyway that book's sequel's comin out next year, should be good :wasim

emclub
13th September 2011, 05:47
Wasim's Yes, and I didnt know if Mushy (Mushtaq Ahmed) has done a Bio.

Mushy's book is good, very interesting dressing room stories, def worth a read

SwingNSeam
13th September 2011, 06:02
I think Akhtar's book might top all the other books, because he has way much more to reveal than the former players.

Plus, can't wait to see if he talks about Kami dropping those 2 back-to-back catches against NZ.

DW44
13th September 2011, 06:05
how many US or Canadian dollars is 500 indian rupees?

$10.49 Canadian, $10.57 US.

Saqs
13th September 2011, 06:18
Should have named it:

"I runs fast I bowls fast"

asdf0045
13th September 2011, 06:22
Any chances of getting it in USA?

Cover Drive
13th September 2011, 10:28
What?!! The real deal or some fake?

Can it be ordered from India, can't wait to read this.

Real deal bro

There is some website in India who have already listed for sale or are pre-ordering.

James
13th September 2011, 13:19
yawn.

Pretty much agree with this. Trescothick's is another worth reading.

'Akhtar's' book may bring up some interesting points - but I wish for these points to be considered properly, and not excitedly fired as holy ammunition by his dribbling ******* in debates (hoping against hope - this will happen of course)

miandadrules
13th September 2011, 16:37
use Kleenex!

Imiquimod would probably be more useful than kleenex.

sully3
13th September 2011, 16:55
I must say the book has created quiet a stir without any marketing

Normally a deal is placed between the publisher and a newspaper where the newspaper publishes the most jucy-est stories from the book to make the public buy it.

I have not seen any little story from the book so im a bit sceptical

Strike!
13th September 2011, 18:00
I have not seen any little story from the book so im a bit spectacle

You mean sceptical.

Shoaib Akhtar's Fan
13th September 2011, 20:20
Any idea if I can get it to shipped to USA yet ?

khalil1986
13th September 2011, 21:20
You mean sceptical.

LOL :ajmal

malakian
13th September 2011, 21:35
I think he should use this picture for the front cover. What a man.

http://img.skysports.com/07/08/218x298/akhtar_shoaib_560409.jpg

Poison
13th September 2011, 21:48
Nah this one

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YVyc90uASgI/TZC3S7b4ETI/AAAAAAAABL0/6hZXQVfXWVI/s400/sport-graphics-2008_696269a.jpg

What a man.

Asim_khan
13th September 2011, 21:55
Rather than using other sporting biographies as his benchmarker, he should use the following...

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/71155_37643538651_6741191_n.jpg

Complete with Mockney accent, i think it'll go down a treat, concentrating mainly with all his run in's, It just writes itself, for instance

"a Tall slag, by the name of Asif, thought he could disrespect the Guv'nor, As if, I wrapped a cricket bat round his thighbone, claret everywhere, had to do another bird for that one."

velu
13th September 2011, 21:55

not yet available in India.
will be delivered in the last week of September..

Price of the book is significantly less ( in discount ) for a person like akhtar

raaid85
16th September 2011, 16:41
one thing everyone has to admit is that shoaib akhtar is honest, and he does not play politics. i hope he reveals something about the player revolt against younis khan, i still wonder what happened, pakistan was going on an upward curve with younis khans capaincy with entertaining new players coming in, now suddenly it seems as if we r back to the days of ahoaib maliks horrible captaincy where medium bowlers like raoiftikhar and sohail tanvir were only played

ORTONAFRDIFAN100
22nd September 2011, 16:03
I phoned sead book bank in pakistan and they said its out next week im gonna pre order it from them and they will post it to me but has any one read it is it good cannay wait

emclub
23rd September 2011, 09:38
It's called 'Controversially Yours' which suits the man whose biography it is - Shoaib Akhtar. Speaking exclusively to TOI, the fastest bowler in the history of cricket, marked by a short, tempestuous career, explains his story, full of trauma, success - and controversy.

He retired from cricket following the 2011 World Cup. Why this book now?

"I am in peace post-retirement, giving all the attention I ever wanted to my old parents, but this book has not been a sudden thing. A whole year and a half went into it. What I've written is my experience, put as honestly for others to know.

This is the truth - for the world, it may be a big controversy. It saddens me to hear all kind of stories about Pakistani cricket in the world. People should know what we go through and why we are the way we are."

'Controversially Yours' shies away from little in Akhtar's life. It maps his journey from an economically deprived, yet happy childhood, into an adolescence driven by his quest to break into Pakistani cricket. Born flat-footed, suffering whooping cough, Akhtar describes the blood, sweat and tears that took him to breaking the 100 mph barrier, playing as Pakistan's 'Rawalpindi Express'.

Comfort stayed elusive. Akhtar describes the severe class discrimination marring Pakistani cricket, the arrogance of the Pakistan Cricket Board ( PCB), his humiliation and his failures - including ball-tampering and even attacking teammates with a bat.

Alongside, he takes on Pakistani and international players, coaches, selectors, the media, Lalit Modi, Javed Miandad, Wasim Aqram - even Pervez Musharraf. "You've criticized several important figures. Didn't you feel apprehensive?

"No apprehensions. This is the truth. Why must anyone fear speaking it?"

"What kind of response are you expecting?"

"I hope Pakistan cricket will be understood and respected. I hope people will feel the other side of me and understand why I am the way I am."

Akhtar is the way he is because of the extremes he's seen - from the exhilaration of making world records to the darkness of chucking allegations, drug tests and match-fixing. His story is tense, taut and triumphant. And there's a reason he's telling it now.

"How did you come up with the book idea?"

"For me, it's Sudesh who worked right from conceiving the idea to realising it."

Sudesh Rajput, Akhtar's close Indian friend, may have influenced his outlook considerably. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/off-the-field/Controversially-yours-From-Rawalpindi-with-love/articleshow/10085653.cms

yadunoe
23rd September 2011, 09:48
very honest man ,I will buy this for sure and hopefully imran khan's new book too

Ryw
23rd September 2011, 14:50
Sachin and Dravid are not match winners

Wasim Akram tried to ruined my carrier

I did ball tempering ICC must allow ball tempering

Lalit Modi and Shahrukh Khan cheated with me

and much more... :110:

The fastest bowler in the history of cricket -- Pakistan's Shoaib Akhtar has made some sensational claims in his autobiography 'Controversially Yours'. Exclusive preview of excerpts of Shoaib Akhtar, who holds the record for the fastest delivery in cricket ever clocking 161.3 km/h (100.2 mph), is no less controversial with the Rawalpindi Express admitting to ball tampering & also bragging that Sachin Tendulkar chickened out during the Faisalabad Test.

In his book Shoaib has said, "I bowled (Sachin) a particularly fast ball which he, to my amazement didn't even touch. He walked away! That was the first time I saw him walk away from me-that, too, on the slow track at Faisalabad."

Taking a dig at veteran Indian batsman Rahul Dravid, the former Pakistani stump-wrecker has said that The Wall and Master Blaster are not match winners.

"I think players like Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid weren't exactly match winners to start with, nor did they know the art of finishing the game," Shoaib said.

In his autobiography, Akhtar has also alleged that he was cheated by Shah Rukh Khan and former IPL Chairman Lalit Modi.

He states, "Shahrukh and I talked about my not being happy with the money settled on me. Shahrukh and Modi got me to agree. I should have never listened to Modi and Shahrukh."

Akhtar, who retired from cricket following the 2011 World Cup, has also shockingly revealed that he tampered with the ball claiming, "everyone tampers with the ball. I did so too. Tampering should be legalised."

'Controversially Yours' shies away from little in Akhtar's life. It maps his journey from an economically deprived, yet happy childhood, into an adolescence driven by his quest to break into Pakistani cricket. Born flat-footed, suffering whooping cough, Akhtar describes the blood, sweat and tears that took him to breaking the 100 mph barrier, playing as Pakistan's 'Rawalpindi Express'.

Comfort stayed elusive. Akhtar describes the severe class discrimination marring Pakistani cricket, the arrogance of the Pakistan Cricket Board ( PCB), his humiliation and his failures - including ball-tampering and even attacking teammates with a bat.

Alongside, he takes on Pakistani and international players, coaches, selectors and the media. Taking a dig at Shoaib Malik, Akhtar has stated in his book that the Pakistani all-rounder was PCB's stooge. "Shoaib Malik doesn't deserve to be captain and was made captain because he was a stooge of the PCB Chief Naseem Ashraf," states Akhtar.

Not just this, the former Pakistani pacer also goes on to claim that legendary Pakistani pacer Wasim Akram attempted to finish him career. He states, "Wasim Akram threatened to walk out with half the team if I was included in the team. General Tauqir Zia backed Shoaib against Wasim."

Akhtar, born Aug 13, 1975, in Rawalpindi, is a right hand fast bowler, who has been in the eye of several controversies during his career and has often been accused of being a “poor team player”.

In 2005, he was sent home during the Test series in Australia for “unprofessional attitude”.

A year later, he was snared in a drug scandal after testing positive for stimulants. Akhtar was banned in September 2007 for picking up a fight with teammate Mohammed Asif, and in the following year he was banned for five years for criticising the Pakistan Cricket Board.

In October 2008, the Lahore High Court suspended the ban. Akhtar retired from international cricket after the 2011 World Cup. His impressive run began in the 1990s.

http://www.timesnow.tv/articleshow/4384753.cms :kapil

ORTONAFRDIFAN100
23rd September 2011, 14:52
OMG this is gonna be a abouslte ripper he not spering anyone cannay wait to read this hope he does book sigiings in uk

Ryw
23rd September 2011, 14:52
Their is special news prog on GEO right now :facepalm:

godzilla
23rd September 2011, 14:55
well it sounds like its a disappointment already.

ORTONAFRDIFAN100
23rd September 2011, 14:59
any realse date

Conventional Swing
23rd September 2011, 15:18
any realse date

Released in India :sachin

anakwalajinn
23rd September 2011, 15:20
Salaam. Where to buy it? :) Has it been realeased?

Masterji
23rd September 2011, 15:26
Reverse swing is illegally produced. Whats going to happen to the records of Pakistani and England bowlers?

cricwiz
23rd September 2011, 15:36
Sept 23: The fastest bowler in the history of cricket, Pakistan's Shoaib Akhtar has made some sensational claims in his autobiography 'Controversially Yours'. Shoaib Akhtar, who holds the record for the fastest delivery in cricket ever clocking 161.3 km/h (100.2 mph), is no less controversial with the Rawalpindi Express admitting to ball tampering & also bragging that Sachin Tendulkar chickened out during the Faisalabad Test.

In his book Shoaib has said, "I bowled (Sachin) a particularly fast ball which he, to my amazement didn't even touch. He walked away! That was the first time I saw him walk away from me-that, too, on the slow track at Faisalabad."

Taking a dig at veteran Indian batsman Rahul Dravid, the former Pakistani stump-wrecker has said that The Wall and Master Blaster are not match winners.

"I think players like Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid weren't exactly match winners to start with, nor did they know the art of finishing the game," Shoaib said.

In his autobiography, Akhtar has also alleged that he was cheated by Shah Rukh Khan and former IPL Chairman Lalit Modi.

He states, "Shahrukh and I talked about my not being happy with the money settled on me. Shahrukh and Modi got me to agree. I should have never listened to Modi and Shahrukh."

Akhtar, who retired from cricket following the 2011 World Cup, has also shockingly revealed that he tampered with the ball claiming, "everyone tampers with the ball. I did so too. Tampering should be legalised."

Alongside, he takes on Pakistani and international players, coaches, selectors and the media. Taking a dig at Shoaib Malik, Akhtar has stated in his book that the Pakistani all-rounder was PCB's stooge. "Shoaib Malik doesn't deserve to be captain and was made captain because he was a stooge of the PCB Chief Naseem Ashraf," states Akhtar.

Not just this, the former Pakistani pacer also goes on to claim that legendary Pakistani pacer Wasim Akram attempted to finish his career. He states, "Wasim Akram threatened to walk out with half the team if I was included in the team. General Tauqir Zia backed Shoaib against Wasim."

Akhtar, born Aug 13, 1975, in Rawalpindi, is a right hand fast bowler, who has been in the eye of several controversies during his career and has often been accused of being a “poor team player”.

In 2005, he was sent home during the Test series in Australia for “unprofessional attitude”.

In October 2008, the Lahore High Court suspended the ban. Akhtar retired from international cricket after the 2011 World Cup. His impressive run began in the 1990s.

http://cricket.oneindia.in/news/2011/09/23/akhtar-reveals-controversially-yours.html

Namak_Halaal
23rd September 2011, 15:49
Sachin and Dravid are not match winners

Wasim Akram tried to ruined my carrier

I did ball tempering ICC must allow ball tempering

Lalit Modi and Shahrukh Khan cheated with me

and much more...

Well he spot on about SRT not being a match winner.

Looking well forward to reading Controversially Yours.

Paradox
23rd September 2011, 15:50
Watching the TIMES NOW Indian TV channel - Shoaib Akhtar, apparently has made some sensational claims, after releasing his new book in India.

says Wasim Akram tried to 'sabotage his career'
admits to tampering with the ball
says Sachin Tendulkar was 'scared of him'
says Shahrukh Khan and Lalit Modi 'cheated him'

Don't know if all of these are true, but sounds really really exciting, as an Akhtar fan :akhtar

Cricfan4eva
23rd September 2011, 15:52
:))

Tried and tested way of selling the book in India and other parts.

2nd and 4th point can be true though.

ahamedirshad123
23rd September 2011, 15:53
well he spot on about srt not being a match winner.

troll alert !!

pia786
23rd September 2011, 15:53
Evidence of why Malik is despised will be out soon.

Taking a dig at Shoaib Malik, Akhtar has stated in his book that the Pakistani all-rounder was PCB's stooge. "Shoaib Malik doesn't deserve to be captain and was made captain because he was a stooge of the PCB Chief Naseem Ashraf," states Akhtar.

Sakss
23rd September 2011, 15:54
3rd one too :))

duostyle
23rd September 2011, 15:55
Releasing in India?

Mention Akram. Check.
Tendulkar. Check.
SRK. Check.

He gon sell dem books. :akhtar

Well, on the news everyone is denying his claims about Akram - people who were part of the side during that time too.

rajan70
23rd September 2011, 15:58
Nice marketing ploy. Taking cheap shots at Tendulkar is definately going to increase the Buzz regarding the book in India & rest of the Cricket World.

Warna aisey Ordinary Cricketer ki book Pakistan ke bahar padega bhi kaun.

Saqs
23rd September 2011, 15:58
Can I request mods to moderate how much of the book gets discussed here.

Or have spoiler alerts.

Would rather not have it all spilt out on PP - would actually boost his book sales also.

Markhor
23rd September 2011, 15:59
Evidence of why Malik is despised will be out soon.

Taking a dig at Shoaib Malik, Akhtar has stated in his book that the Pakistani all-rounder was PCB's stooge. "Shoaib Malik doesn't deserve to be captain and was made captain because he was a stooge of the PCB Chief Naseem Ashraf," states Akhtar.

:))) Surprise surprise !

cricwiz
23rd September 2011, 16:02

you talking about Tendulkar??

AZ
23rd September 2011, 16:03
LOL - looks like Shebby went flat out in this one.

can't wait to get it.

Saqs
23rd September 2011, 16:03
Nice marketing ploy. Taking cheap shots at Tendulkar is definately going to increase the Buzz regarding the book in India & rest of the Cricket World.

Ordinary cricketer ?!

Try coming out with a bowler with half his pace and flair. Dream on buddy.

Saqs
23rd September 2011, 16:04

Or have spoiler alerts.

Would rather not have it all spilt out on PP - would actually boost his book sales also.

Sakss
23rd September 2011, 16:05
Ordinary cricketer ?!

show some respect ishant has crossed 140kph once...agle din bed pe tha :)))

Paradox
23rd September 2011, 16:09
also claims that Dravid only played for himself, lol.

cricwiz
23rd September 2011, 16:13
Ordinary cricketer ?!

Ya ... Ordinary cricketer ;), who took 175 Test wickets @ 25.69 in batsmen era

I dont know if he is Ordinary then what to say about ALL-TIME great Indian bowlers???

Just a picture of averages of all kinds of Indian bowler in Test cricket who took more than 50 wickets...

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1020/indbowavg.jpg

NOT SO Surprisng fact: NOT A SINGLE BOWLER FROM INDIA COMES CLOSE TO SHOAIB AKHTAR AVERAGE :D

hafeezrocks
23rd September 2011, 16:16

where exactly has Akhtar said this about Dravid?

Sakss
23rd September 2011, 16:19

now thats a bit harsh :moyo

Hando
23rd September 2011, 16:20
Shoaiby knows how to sell :)

Ahmad Shah
23rd September 2011, 16:21

you dont have the right to call him ordinary
even his **** speed is quicker than combine speed of all indian bowlers of all time

Munna
23rd September 2011, 16:26
let us know further about the don of 90s :wasim

Saqs
23rd September 2011, 16:27
Don't worry about that dude.

No idea how the troll hasn't been banned yet.

akheR
23rd September 2011, 16:27
Interesting about SRK

Law
23rd September 2011, 16:29
Shoaib Akhtar is Trending Worldwide on Twitter. Second Pakistani to be there after Veena Malik :))

SID_ZONE
23rd September 2011, 16:40
* Everyone tampers with the ball, so did I. Ball tampering should be legalised :))

* Sachin and Dravid are not match winners, they don't know how to finish matches

* Dravid played for himself

SOSami
23rd September 2011, 16:40

Or have spoiler alerts.

If anything, it'll increase his sales!

Wasn't too bothered about reading it before but after the latest revelation, put me down for a copy. :akhtar

We'll try to keep all book-related posts and threads localised to this one if that helps. :)

ORTONAFRDIFAN100
23rd September 2011, 16:42
this book is gonna be big but bone knows the exact date this book has comes out in uk or pakistan does anyone know or has any one got it

SID_ZONE
23rd September 2011, 16:45
@iamshoaibakhtar My book ‘Controversially Yours’ is just not what I’ve seen but also what I’ve learned. It's my opinion & I just made sure it was the truth.

armaan11
23rd September 2011, 16:46
How does a Batsman play for himself? Is it like he scores runs but they dont get added to the team score?

Dravid & Sach arent Match winners then is he a Match winner? How many matches has Akhtar won for his team? How many Test Series & World Cups has Akhtar helped his team to win?

chui_kadoo
23rd September 2011, 16:50

Ordinary cricketer. What are you on about. India never produced a quarter of the bowler he was .
are you on drugs?

Ryw
23rd September 2011, 16:59

Ordinary Cricketer :facepalm:

I fink for you Ashok Dinda is a legend with 60 km/h :)))

MC
23rd September 2011, 17:02
No mention of Afridi? Thats surprising...

cornered paktiger
23rd September 2011, 17:04
Wish he didn't mention the ball tampering. We'll get cockroaches like Hair coming out of the woodwork saying they were right all along.

ORTONAFRDIFAN100
23rd September 2011, 17:04
you can buy on the harper colins india website its 499ruppes

AlizeeFan
23rd September 2011, 17:08
Masala book?

SID_ZONE
23rd September 2011, 17:08
Well he spot on about SRT not being a match winner.

Looking well forward to reading Controversially Yours.

Get a life dude, get a life.

It was interesting for a while, now you're getting boring man, boring :(

Namak_Halaal
23rd September 2011, 17:12
Get a life dude, get a life.

It was interesting for a while, now you're getting boring man, boring :(

Calm down dear child; do not turn this into a SRT thread with your insecure drivel. If you want to refute what I posted then start another thread, that's if you have the sand.

Otherwise I'll just sit here watching you and Rajan implode in this thread while I keep quiet.

cornered paktiger
23rd September 2011, 17:12
May be right about Teendu bottling it:

86.3 Akhtar to Tendulkar, OUT (Caught) - got'm! another nasty short delivery aimed at the rib-cage, Tendulkar fends at it awkwardly, ball moves in just enough to clip the glove and Akmal makes no mistake, Akhtar nets the big fish - India five down and in deep trouble here 281/5

According to Wisden:

Bowling as if he believed himself to be the lone champion of downtrodden bowlers the world over, Akhtar banged the ball in short to bully batsmen and beat up the uncharitable pitch. It lasted six overs, all terrifyingly quick and all but one with the new ball. In that first over, Dravid was run out when no run presented itself. In his fifth, Akhtar claimed his solitary wicket, when Tendulkar, who had been harried with short balls, walked after gloving one.

Watsupdoc
23rd September 2011, 17:21
Akhtar taking digs at indians and Wasim :))

But to be honest I expected more, I thought that he was going to reveal a bit about the match fixing racket (if he knew anything about it). :13:

SID_ZONE
23rd September 2011, 17:25
In his autobiography, Akhtar has also alleged that he was cheated by Shah Rukh Khan

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4cXHBx_rWXI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What a U turn? :))

SID_ZONE
23rd September 2011, 17:27
Calm down dear child; do not turn this into a SRT thread with your insecure drivel. If you want to refute what I posted then start another thread, that's if you have the sand.

Otherwise I'll just sit here watching you and Rajan implode in this thread while I keep quiet.

ok troll

akheR
23rd September 2011, 17:40
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4cXHBx_rWXI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What a U turn? :))

That was one year before he felt 'cheated' by SRK...

Ahmad Shah
23rd September 2011, 17:55
surprised he didnt mention any thing about mathew hayden
one of his bitter rivals of all time
i was expecting atleast a chapter on him
both of them were even involve in a hand to hand combat during pak tour to aus 2004

Ryankhan
23rd September 2011, 18:01
ShoaibAkhtar reveals in is book #ControversiallyYours:

Before bowling that epic Yorker to Sachin Tendulkar in Calcutta'99. I walked to him and asked "Do you know me?". He replied "No". And I said "Now you will know me soon.............

What a man, love it. he iss awsome. saw wht he said in his interview. great book on our way.

Namak_Halaal
23rd September 2011, 18:03
ShoaibAkhtar reveals in is book #ControversiallyYours:

Before bowling that epic Yorker to Sachin Tendulkar in Calcutta'99. I walked to him and asked "Do you know me?". He replied "No". And I said "Now you will know me soon.............

T-Shirt slogan right there.

zulfiqar
23rd September 2011, 18:06
Kinda sucks akhtar was part of a team for most of his career that could not win. kind of like sachin of the 90s. otherwise his individual stats are brilliant!

SID_ZONE
23rd September 2011, 18:06
Waiting for an apology or backtracking on his opinion on Sachin and Dravid.

zulfiqar
23rd September 2011, 18:07
im talking about test matches of course

Sir_Afridi
23rd September 2011, 18:11
Akhtar is right.... Teenda was never comfortable against Akhtar especially in test matches where he has a poor record..... Indian fans keep talking about one fluke ODI innings...

SID_ZONE
23rd September 2011, 18:12
"Controversially Yours" to be launched at Landmark, The Forum, Bangalore on 27th September.

INDIA, NH INDIA, not his home country :P

SOSami
23rd September 2011, 18:15
Waiting for an apology or backtracking on his opinion on Sachin and Dravid.
Depends on your definition of backtracking. He has of course showered Sachin in particular with praise in the past and will in the future, and none of the comments in the book contradict that either.

Apology from dearest Shobbi? I think there are quite a few people who have been waiting for quite a long time for an apology from the man.

RehanG
23rd September 2011, 18:23
where to ordeR? non of indian sites ship to netherlands

ahamedirshad123
23rd September 2011, 18:36
@gagdhillon: According to Shoaib, a Pakistani cricketer switched the ball in the umpire's pocket(during lunch break) with one that reversed like crazy.

zaid65
23rd September 2011, 18:39
Smart enough to add all the controversial topics to sell his book. He has been guided by some smart people to make good and easy money.

Good luck to people who fall in this trap.

Down2Earth
23rd September 2011, 18:46
Shoaib Akhtar in his autobiography ‘Controversially Yours’ has accused Waseem Akram of trying to ruin his career, Geo News reported Friday. The former Pakistani fast bowler said that he was supported by Tauqeer Zia during that time.

According to the autobiography, Waseem Akran had threatened to separate half the team if Akhtar was included. Akhtar also admitted to ball tampering and advised that this should be allowed in cricket.

On Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid, the autobiography stated the Indian batsmen were not match winners. Akhtar described his experience in the IPL as unpleasant and was critical of both Lalit Modi and Shahrukh Khan.

http://geo.tv/9-23-2011/86598.htm

Misbah01
23rd September 2011, 18:51
Wasim Akram the biggest Politician ever, he destroyed Waqar career as well.