PDA

View Full Version : Premiership team of the season so far

Geordie Ahmed
8th November 2011, 00:21
The season is a quarter of the way through, what do you think has been the team of the season so far

The following is what Sky Sports have picked

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/7296962/Quarterly-review

Do you agree with it? What changes would you make?

Geordie Ahmed
8th November 2011, 00:22
I disagree with the inclusion of Ryan Taylor, Joe Allen and Luis Suarez

ozzy_07
8th November 2011, 00:42
Would replace Suarez with Aguero and Allen with Larsson. I would put Larsson on the right wing and Silva in a more advanced attacking midfield role.

Although personally I would put in Enrique instead of Taylor, I can understand why they have gone with Taylor, with Newcastle's overall excellent defensive record plus he has scored a couple of goals.

Gujar
8th November 2011, 02:43
Krul

Richards
Coloccini
Kompany
Enrique

Parker
Yaya Toure
Modric

Mata
RVP
Silva

Subs -

Friedel
Kyle Walker
Aguero
Cabaye
Phil Jones
Rooney
Demba Ba

Gujar
8th November 2011, 02:54
Damn forgot about VDV. I'll put him on the bench instead of Rooney.

Geordie Ahmed
8th November 2011, 03:22
Would replace Suarez with Aguero and Allen with Larsson. I would put Larsson on the right wing and Silva in a more advanced attacking midfield role.

Although personally I would put in Enrique instead of Taylor, I can understand why they have gone with Taylor, with Newcastle's overall excellent defensive record plus he has scored a couple of goals.

The problem is that those that pick Taylor simply look at the defensive record and see that he has scored a couple of quality goals BUT whilst he has done an admirable job out of position, he is not that good a left back. There are plenty of players better than him in that spot

attock
8th November 2011, 07:05
Suarez and RVP would make an excellent partnership if they ever played in the same team......

Amjid Javed
8th November 2011, 14:28
Id have aguero instead off suarez

Legal Eye
8th November 2011, 16:25
Why wouldn't you have Joe Allen in there? He's been outstanding for Swansea - excellent in both boxes, good technique, rarely wastes a pass.

For me:

Friedal

Richards
Jones
Kompany
Enrique

Parker
Allen

Suarez
Silva
Mata

RvP

attock
8th November 2011, 20:14
^^ Very good team

ozzy_07
8th November 2011, 22:53
The problem is that those that pick Taylor simply look at the defensive record and see that he has scored a couple of quality goals BUT whilst he has done an admirable job out of position, he is not that good a left back. There are plenty of players better than him in that spot

Agree with this completely.

Why wouldn't you have Joe Allen in there? He's been outstanding for Swansea - excellent in both boxes, good technique, rarely wastes a pass.

Yes he has been very good, but personally I would choose a different make-up to the team (shown in my above post) which would have Parker in a CDM position and Silva as a CAM, meaning Allen wouldn't get a spot for me.

Theo_14
12th November 2011, 02:54

Gotta' love your passion towards Championship football and mid/low club sides in the Premiership.

Love how you bring in Champioship stuff to threads example can be found below... Brilliant :-

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=4271771&postcount=12

Anyways my side so far...

Szczesny
Ryan Taylor - Kompany - Steven Taylor - Enrique
Silva - Dempsey - Larsson - Nani
RVP - Aguero

VDV only just misses out.

Geordie Ahmed
12th November 2011, 03:13
Disagree with Larsson, especially in central midfield since he has never played there for the Mackems

Also Ryan Taylor has played all his games at left back so certainly would not put him in right back. Also Coloccini has been our best defender, better than Steven Taylor so he would be ahead of him without trouble

Theo_14
12th November 2011, 03:20
I've got for the 'fantasy' approach and decided to put R. Taylor as a right back despite him playing all of the games as a left back including Larsson.

Larsson has 4 assists - 3 behind Silva in the Premiership including 3 goals - only 3 being Lampard who is top scorer for a midfielder so far.

With Steven Taylor - it was either him or Coloccini for me but decided to go for S. Taylor as he is ranked #1 for most blocked shot, and in the top 3 for succesfull interceptions.

If it was for actual position then I'd have Walker in the right back position instead of R. Taylor. With Ramsey playing instead of Larsson.