PDA

View Full Version : Welbeck v Sturridge - Two Bright Prospects For England

Theo_14
15th December 2011, 00:12
Both exciting young talentend players, massive potential. Two of them have a big future for their clubs and country.

Welbeck and Sturridge are natural strikers - although both in their careers have played a season as a winger... Sturridge still is.

Which one do you rate out of the two the most? Which out of the two players would you select in your side?

Geordie Ahmed
15th December 2011, 00:17
I rate them both, also a fan of both players

I think Sturridge is the better player though, he is at a more advanced stage than Welbeck. Also I think he is a bit more versatile than Welbeck

So I would have Sturridge over Welbeck BUT would gladly take the other (obviously)

Amir
15th December 2011, 00:31
I think together they can form a great partnership together. Initially I saw Welbeck as someone who likes to play behind the main striker but his hold up play is quite good. I definitely think Welbeck can lead the line and Sturridge's preferred position is off the main striker as it is.

Unfortunately, we don't have much time to the Euros so we won't see such a pairing until WC 2014 if we are too. We will probably see some over-rated players like Bent and Defoe with Gerrard playing in the forward role.

Riff
15th December 2011, 00:32
Weldbeck?

Geordie Ahmed
15th December 2011, 00:51
Weldbeck?

LOL, didn't even notice that

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

kingusama92
15th December 2011, 00:55
I think Sturridge is further down the development road.

He's pushed ahead of Welbeck.

PakPrince
15th December 2011, 02:05
though i am a united fan i have to say that sturridge is much more talented and a more complete player currently.

welbeck can be frustrating to watch at times. tries to make those clever small touches and play a one touch game but loses the ball too easily and does not seem aggressive enough with the balll in terms of making runs etc.

sturridge though has been very impressive for chelsea this season.

and considering he scored 7 goals in 9 league matches for bolton in the 2nd half of last season he is definitely a talent

talha3
15th December 2011, 03:07
Both got the chance to play for mid table clubs in Bolton and Sunderland and both were successful there. This season when the time to step up a level has come, it seems Sturridge is a more versatile and developed player so far. However, Welbeck certainly has quality and both have potential to be top players for club and country.

sully3
15th December 2011, 07:02
Wellbeck has everything in his locker to be a class striker but what worries me is his finishing he seems to miss alot of chances.
But his hold up play is quality and he loves his quick little passes too.
he is keeping Hernandez out the team so you have to think Sir Alex rates him very highly

Geordie Ahmed
15th December 2011, 07:34
Wellbeck has everything in his locker to be a class striker but what worries me is his finishing he seems to miss alot of chances.
But his hold up play is quality and he loves his quick little passes too.
he is keeping Hernandez out the team so you have to think Sir Alex rates him very highly

Hernandez is injured isn't he?

Amir
15th December 2011, 07:38
Hernandez is injured isn't he?

Maybe he is alluding to some hidden info we don't know about. :afridi

Theo_14
15th December 2011, 20:16
Welbeck is a young striker who is blessed with attributes which will convert him into a top class striker, just needs to improve on his composure and finishing... Which of course he will develop once he get's a consistent run of games - something which Sturridge is recieving.

With Sturridge - we are yet to see the best out of him, as he's not been given a run of games in his natural position, so it's difficult to judge his full potential when most of that lies in a central forward position.

Despite that, two bright prospects for England - must be included in the Euro's 2012, no doubt.