PDA

View Full Version : Great Job PakPassion

DotCom
1st January 2006, 19:53
Guys this is really a nice job! Kudos to the crew for their hard work!

I for one will continue to upload as many videos as possible available on my FileFront server.

Saj
1st January 2006, 20:01
thanks dotcom :)

We thought we could make things more organised by having the separate forum for the cricket clips, rather than them all mixed in with the other cricketing threads.

DotCom
1st January 2006, 20:05
Hafridi has given some pointers about File Front .. can u lend some advice? Is it really unlimited? meaning even if no one downloads a file, it will be available forever? Also, someone said they couldnt download it all .. Nothing I can do right? its probably a server issue they have?

Would you recommend file front as a means of backup for precious matches/archives etc..?

HoMeR
2nd January 2006, 00:31
Very very organized, love the new setup, keep up the good work PPTeam!

HAFRIDI
2nd January 2006, 03:12
great job, how u moved all them threads to here, must have took time. good job guys!!

HAFRIDI
2nd January 2006, 03:17
thanks dotcom :)

We thought we could make things more organised by having the separate forum for the cricket clips, rather than them all mixed in with the other cricketing threads.

yeah, i spotted a person who kept making a thread for a clip every second and told him keep them to one thread as it clogs it up and moves the other good threads onto next page.

Looks more organised now, good job guys! :19:

yk
2nd January 2006, 03:19
yeah he was called pk_boy, he sounded indian to me, kept posting pakistan defeats.

HAFRIDI
2nd January 2006, 03:20
yeah he was called pk_boy, he sounded indian to me, kept posting pakistan defeats.

lol yeh and advertising

mods put a link for cric clips under forum, im sure ur working on it

HAFRIDI
2nd January 2006, 14:00
mods can u put a link to this forum, its a hassle keep selecting forums to get here

MIG
2nd January 2006, 14:01
I think it will be put in place in a day or two. Hang on !

pakistani_banda
2nd January 2006, 21:31
keep up the good work ..pp team..i will also inshallah post the videos i make.....

Saj
2nd January 2006, 21:49
mods can u put a link to this forum, its a hassle keep selecting forums to get here

Hafridi and others, you can for now use the forum jump option at the bottom right of each page on the forums. This will give you a dropdown menu which lists all the forums, including the cricket clips forum.

Rob H
2nd January 2006, 21:53
Is this forum for members only? Beucause i dont want people leeching hard work.

HAFRIDI
2nd January 2006, 21:59
Is this forum for members only? Beucause i dont want people leeching hard work.

yeh i second that, SAJ please note, especially dotcom who has upload gigabytes of clips and people just leech away, it would be nice if this section is just viewable by members

the_game
3rd January 2006, 03:04
Make it a members only forum Saj. People should register to get the videos.

Pathan007
3rd January 2006, 03:08
Make it a members only forum Saj. People should register to get the videos.not only this. but also to have certain number of posts.

the_game
3rd January 2006, 03:20
not only this. but also to have certain number of posts.

The problem with that is, people will start posting rubbish in the cricket forum and clog up the place. Don't you think? It's a tough situation to deal with.

Raz
3rd January 2006, 04:16
The problem with that is, people will start posting rubbish in the cricket forum and clog up the place. Don't you think? It's a tough situation to deal with.

Totally agree, open it to members only i say but forget the post limit rubbish.

HAFRIDI
3rd January 2006, 06:52
not only this. but also to have certain number of posts.

number of posts is bulcrap! people will start smapping the place

just make it viewable for members...nauman:P

DotCom
3rd January 2006, 07:09
I dont mind people downloading what I have on File Front .. I basically downloaded them from other sources ..

but anything that someone took the time to make .. with music backgrounds, and CMJ type videos I will not even upload ..

but yes .. there has to be some sort of system .. perhaps the # of posts greater than x words .. so those little 1 sentence posts wont count ..

MIG
3rd January 2006, 10:01
Registration hardly takes 5 minutes or so...wont mean much.

I think a combo of:

1. freqeuncy of posts
2. a minimum number of posts

will be better

Raz
3rd January 2006, 11:31

I think a combo of:

1. freqeuncy of posts

will be better

What about quality of posts? :21:

hatch101
3rd January 2006, 12:52

I think a combo of:

1. freqeuncy of posts

will be better

how about how long ago someone registered :D im sure i wouldnt pass in that minimum number of posts, i just have a meager 70 sumthing :10: :30:

Raz
3rd January 2006, 13:01
How about we make the number of posts a minimum of 7928? :21: :P

hatch101
3rd January 2006, 13:02
hahahaha why not round it to 8,000 :p

Raz
3rd January 2006, 13:04
hahahaha why not round it to 8,000 :p

Nah 7928 is way better :P

Rob H
3rd January 2006, 17:53

I think a combo of:

1. freqeuncy of posts

will be better
Minimum of 300 posts and a maximum of 40,612?

HAFRIDI
4th January 2006, 00:45
..but miggy u have to take into account that..people will just start spamming the place with one liners..unless of course a mod can deal with that then its all good..

how about this...members who have joined for at least a few months and post now and again?

HAFRIDI
5th January 2006, 09:11
..but miggy u have to take into account that..people will just start spamming the place with one liners..unless of course a mod can deal with that then its all good..

how about this...members who have joined for at least a few months and post now and again?

has anything been considered saj?

MIG
5th January 2006, 21:36
has anything been considered saj?

Not yet Hafridi but we will put it on the table to discuss in a week or 2.

HAFRIDI
5th January 2006, 22:26
Not yet Hafridi but we will put it on the table to discuss in a week or 2.

ok good, its just that a lot of time goes into uploading and people just leech away, ur with me aint u MIG?

Raz
5th January 2006, 23:14
ok good, its just that a lot of time goes into uploading and people just leech away, ur with me aint u MIG?

Yeah MIG u with him innit?

Oxy
5th January 2006, 23:17
I aint wid it

Saj
5th January 2006, 23:18
I've asked Nauman to make this a members only forum !

Mercenary
5th January 2006, 23:28
this forum is now only visible to those who are registered with PakPassion and signed in!!

HAFRIDI
5th January 2006, 23:28
I've asked Nauman to make this a members only forum !

:19:

Raz
5th January 2006, 23:29
Thanks mods!!

Rob H
5th January 2006, 23:36
nicely done mods.

Mercenary
5th January 2006, 23:40
I agree with those that think its a good idea as links such as yousendit disappear in minutes due to guests/lurkers jumping on the links!

HAFRIDI
5th January 2006, 23:46
I agree with those that think its a good idea as links such as yousendit disappear in minutes due to guests/lurkers jumping on the links!

exactly :19:

well done rh for bringing it up

Rob H
5th January 2006, 23:53
logged out and there is no such thing as a cricket clips forum. Good work Nauman

Mercenary
6th January 2006, 02:03
logged out and there is no such thing as a cricket clips forum. Good work Nauman

actually it was me :D

Rob H
6th January 2006, 22:09
Well if it was you Merc - Well done :14:

Oxy
8th January 2006, 16:54
So far so good!

I have been impressed with the speed at which so many requests have been [Found]

Just waiting for 'Inzi in Toronto' to complete the set!

GQ
10th January 2006, 06:50
Good Stuff Guys! I appreciate your efforts!

the_game
10th January 2006, 08:55
So far so good!

I have been impressed with the speed at which so many requests have been [Found]

Just waiting for 'Inzi in Toronto' to complete the set!

:)) The day will come Oxy bhai, the day will come!

hatch101
10th January 2006, 09:06
:)) The day will come Oxy bhai, the day will come!

oh that day hasnt come? :O i thought the other thread with afridis innings was the match where inzi invaded? :21:

nalaaik
21st January 2006, 00:11
I am new here and let me tell you, this is a very well organized board. Its outlook clearly shows that Admins are working very hard. A very good stop for any pakistani cricket follower. Thank You Guys

Saj
21st January 2006, 00:24
I am new here and let me tell you, this is a very well organized board. Its outlook clearly shows that Admins are working very hard. A very good stop for any pakistani cricket follower. Thank You Guys

Thanks Nalaaik and a warm welcome to PP.

Normally I dont like to single out members of the PP team working behind the scenes, as its very much a team effort, but in this case Oxy deserves a lot of credit for keeping the Cricket Clips forum so well organised. :14:

nalaaik
21st January 2006, 19:13
Thanks for the welcome. And a big hand to Oxy :19: