PDA

View Full Version : Must Watch: Imran Khan on Capital Talk Tonight

Red Devil
19th March 2012, 03:28
Must Watch: Imran Khan on Capital Talk Tonight

https://p.twimg.com/AoScejLCIAAvYYS.jpg

Tweet by Hamid Mir

Why Imran Khan disliked the presence of Salman Rushdie in India Today conference?Watch Imran Khan in Capital Talk on Geo News Monday 8:03 pm

And also Faisal Javed Khan of PTI tweeted

A MUST WATCH. Imran Khan on GEO News at 8.05 PM - Monday 19th March.

0tt0man
19th March 2012, 16:22
PTI's SMS service is on a roll. I quite like that stuff. Not sure if other political parties do the same or not.

I watched the show. Well done by IK once again. I hope someone uploads it on YT soon. :)

insaftak
19th March 2012, 16:54
^^

new technology has really helped PTI.

QD2A5MPhYJo

insaftak
19th March 2012, 17:05
Ya mein Nahi Ya Agencies Nahi says Imran Khan

insaftak
19th March 2012, 17:12
Imran Khan also confirms the Ayaz Amir Story in this interview

0tt0man
19th March 2012, 17:19
Yup. The typical he-was-favoured-instead-of-me thing that made him whine in his recent article.

Poor stuff by Mr. Ayaz Amir. Now it seems his piece right after the Karachi jalsa (or was it Lahore?) was his way of trying to obtain a ticket from PTI's platform.

insaftak
19th March 2012, 17:22
^^

Lahore Jalsa.

But Imran Khan's response came in Karachi Jalsa where he said "tum Jitni marzi chapploosi ker lo" it wasn't directed at Ayaz Amir but fits in perfectly with what Imran Khan has been saying to everyone.

zaid65
19th March 2012, 17:44

This is a big issue with our so called journalists/intellectuals/writers, they all want politicians to kiss their back side and majority of the politicians get points on media by doing this job.

I want to give you an example, a very close and dear friend of mine ( a very famous Geo anchor) proudly told me yesterday, Firdous Aashiq Awan paid a visit to his house for supporting her on the media. Same anchor also has very similar views like Ayaz Amir on Imran Khan ( because Imran don't go to visit these anchors or journalists).

I know from all my sources that, from Zardari to Mian Nawaz Sharif to Altaf Hussain, all of these politicians have hired these journalists and keep them happy to get views on media in their favor.

You can only count on fingers some of the neutral and non biased journalists, majority of them are lifafa journalists ( you can ask me, I am more than happy to informed you their associations) :)

teesra3
19th March 2012, 18:10
and people call him a jewish lobby

waqar_ahmad
19th March 2012, 23:54
( you can ask me, I am more than happy to informed you their associations) :)

zaid bhai, I am asking you :)

Tell us about a few popular ones who are lifafas, and a few genuine ones.

Some are clearly biased, and it is quite easy to see where their loyalties are. For example, Mehr Bukhari is clearly in PPP's pocket.

Talat Hussain and Shahzaib Khanzada are my personal favorites by the way

zaid65
20th March 2012, 00:49

Some are clearly biased, and it is quite easy to see where their loyalties are. For example, Mehr Bukhari is clearly in PPP's pocket.

Both of your favorites are not in any lifafa list :)

Like I said, majority of them are in the list or have connections with the parties. The way the use these journalists/anchors, it is not they gave money, but there are millions ways to make them happy.

When you are in power, there are endless ways to facilitate the deals. Some of them who have self respect and dont take money, so in that case, these powerful people call them or invite them to their houses/palaces and take political advise ( to make them feel good and make them believe that they are important person in their life).

In one way or other, their strings are attached with somebody through personal/financial gains or with certain people, they play with their ego and self esteem and make them feel good.

By the way, Geo is trying to buy Shazaib khanzada for their channel. What these anchors do, they accept the offer from other channels and than they go back to their respective channel to show the offer sheet to get their price higher. Almost all of the anchors have played this game so far.

Red Devil
20th March 2012, 01:58
Zaid bhai what about Sana Bucha

smoothcriminal
20th March 2012, 02:09

Okay i'm guilty of not following her show, but unless that was a one-off instance after the Salman Taseer debacle, I would think she might not be so pro-PPP.

As for paid journalists, as much as it is true, at the end of the day media is neutral enough to at least welcome opposition on the show. It's all about how it conducts itself during the show that matters IMO. For instance, many accuse Sana Bucha to be paid by PML-N. All fair and good(not that I care TOO much), but at least PTI reps are invited on the show to refute those arguments. Granted, the format of the show has an anchor saying the last word and the ability to twist the outcome of the discussion in a subtle manner, the point i'm making is that the average viewer does get to form his/her own opinion still.

On a personal note, at th end of the day i'm not a fan of anchors who just have the "all-or-nothing" doctrine, meaning they will loathe the status-quo, blame everything on corruption, spend a show on an overarching corrupt state, yet not talk about gritty politics and the impact of policies combined with a fair view of history. This is where people like Shahid Masood and Mubashir Luqman become uninnovative. That's why I appreciate people such as Hamir Mir and Sethi. They have been accused of leaning towards status-quo, but at least they are informed and prove beyond correlation and go into the causation territory.

insaftak
20th March 2012, 03:05
I hate Sana Bucha and Mubashar Luqman types. I prefer anchors like Shahzeb Khanzada who grill everyone equally.

insaftak
20th March 2012, 03:23
@ Zaid

Who is this Fareeha Idrees lady working for?

qOIs-g3kGBI

GNobs0mTEso

saadibaba
20th March 2012, 04:33

So Imran was in talks with Ayaz Amir but he decided to pick someone else from that region because that person has a larger vote bank. :)) If that is the criteria for picking up candidates than I am not sure what kind of change are we talking about.

insaftak
20th March 2012, 04:35
^^

Still want him to join the party and contest intra party elections that are going to be held in 3 months. not sure if those guys who joined PTI will win the intra party elections.

smoothcriminal
20th March 2012, 04:54
Saw the show. Really appreciate IK stating how Gen. Kiyani is flat out WRONG in not wanting judicial review of the ISI's involvement in 1990 elections. Kiyani's reasoning is so typical of military general mentality, using National Security and external forces to evade liability or criticism. Glad IK set that straight. Was much impressed.

Zeeraq
20th March 2012, 07:45
Was a really good interview, Wish somehow I can join PTI :(.

Bashira_taeli
20th March 2012, 08:18
Zaid65 kindly confirm my suspicions

1. Mubashir Luqman works for MQM
2. Dr Danish for MQM
3. Javed Chaudary for PML-N
4. Nusrat Javed for PPP
5. Asma Sherazi for PPP
6. Nazir Naji for whoever gives him $$

You can also add to the list if you want :)

zimmz
20th March 2012, 11:00
So Imran was in talks with Ayaz Amir but he decided to pick someone else from that region because that person has a larger vote bank. :)) If that is the criteria for picking up candidates than I am not sure what kind of change are we talking about.

What else should be the criteria? Both candidates as for I know, being from Chakwal, are at similar moral level. Both would want to be on the famous bandwagon. Ayaz praised PTI after Lahore jalsa just to get in but as soon as he was refused, he started usual gibberish. It's not that Imran or CEC just picked the other guy based on past election results (actually Sardar is not even an MNA). The local PTI membership recommended Sardar as a better option between two.