PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan is not Lucknow

shan
26th September 2012, 17:07
Watched Ek Tha Tiger because of ISI, as expected horrible movie. But surprisingly not anti-Pakistan even when ISI was involved. But Pakistan is not Lucknow. Even in Agent Vinos they portrayed Pakistanis similarly lol.

Pakistanis dont talk like nawabs of Lucknow at all, just watch any political tv shows. Dont dress like them as showed in Agent Vinod and ETT. So Bollywood thinks Lukcnow which is Indian city with majority muslims are similar to Pakistan. Quite pathetic if you ask me.

mithun_minhas
26th September 2012, 18:59
Watched Ek Tha Tiger because of ISI, as expected horrible movie. But surprisingly not anti-Pakistan even when ISI was involved. But Pakistan is not Lucknow. Even in Agent Vinos they portrayed Pakistanis similarly lol.

Pakistanis dont talk like nawabs of Lucknow at all, just watch any political tv shows. Dont dress like them as showed in Agent Vinod and ETT. So Bollywood thinks Lukcnow which is Indian city with majority muslims are similar to Pakistan. Quite pathetic if you ask me.

Why are you upset man?

hopelessbiscuit
26th September 2012, 19:00
Chalo...got free geography lesson today.

shan
26th September 2012, 19:03
Why are you upset man?

Who said im upset? :afridi

ftbno1
26th September 2012, 19:05
Actually it is a compliment if bollywood considoers so. As i saw mos5 of Pakistani crickets like Inzi,saqi,afridi have terrible tone .

0tt0man
26th September 2012, 19:05
You're right. The "pehlay aap, nahin nahin pehlay aap" analogy doesn't hold true for most Pakistanis :waqar

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
26th September 2012, 19:08

They have to show us different than them.How else are the masses gonna know who is Indian and who is Pakistani in the movie.TO tackle this problem they'll have all the men wearing choori daar shalwar kameez with a green topi .

Smiling Creed
26th September 2012, 19:14
A quite different kind of question - How is India depicted in Pakistan movies??? Bollywood does a lot of stereotyping, does same happens in Pakistani movies?

hopelessbiscuit
26th September 2012, 19:33
Lucknowi tehzeeb is the most positive stereotyping of Indian Muslims. Leykin is par bhi aitraaz, khudaya khair..

oyei
26th September 2012, 19:40
2 of the worst actors, both of them are in industry because of their looks, merit has nothing to do with them being in industry.

shan
26th September 2012, 19:54
Lucknowi tehzeeb is the most positive stereotyping of Indian Muslims. Leykin is par bhi aitraaz, khudaya khair..

Indian muslims and Pakistani muslims are not the same anyway.

hopelessbiscuit
26th September 2012, 20:01

Ji huzoor, hum aapki baat se muttafiq haiN. Accuracy is not the hallmark of our bollywood. It was inaccurate but still a positive stereotype..

shan
26th September 2012, 20:10
Ji huzoor, hum aapki baat se muttafiq haiN. Accuracy is not the hallmark of our bollywood. It was inaccurate but still a positive stereotype..

Positive stereotype? Anyway ISI girl agents honey trapping Indian army is not new so that part was based on reality. Here is latest job done by ISI. lol

Indian army officer faces charges

Our correspondent, New Delhi
An officer of the Indian Army is facing charges of establishing unauthorised contacts on the Facebook with a woman, who is suspected to be an agent of Pakistan intelligence agency ISI.

The same woman, whom the Indian army sources claimed to be Bangladeshi, had earlier honey-trapped another Indian officer in Dhaka last year.

The Armoured Corps Lt Col deployed in Suratgarh district of Rajasthan is facing a Court of Inquiry (CoI) for allegedly establishing Facebook contacts with the woman, army sources said.

They said the CoI was ordered after the Intelligence Bureau personnel had noticed that the officer was regularly in touch with her on Facebook.

Army sources said the officer had not established any physical contact with the woman and it was limited only in the cyber domain.

The same woman by the name of Sheeba was allegedly involved in honey-trapping another Lt Col during his posting in Bangladesh and then blackmailed the officer through ISI, which asked him to spy for Pakistan.

The infantry officer was doing his Staff College course in Bangladesh's Military Academy in Dhaka. He met the woman at a party in Dhaka and was allegedly approached by ISI agents later.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=241781

corneredtiger85292
26th September 2012, 20:18

Was forced to watch it but walked out after about 30 mins...salman just does the same thing over and over again...I get how people love the guy but I def ain't a fan.

Shan mate which part of Barcelona are u staying in ?

shan
26th September 2012, 20:26
Was forced to watch it but walked out after about 30 mins...salman just does the same thing over and over again...I get how people love the guy but I def ain't a fan.

Shan mate which part of Barcelona are u staying in ?

La Nova Esquerra de l'Eixample.

hopelessbiscuit
26th September 2012, 20:30
You can have many grievances against Bollywood, most of them will be valid, but them showing Pakistanis as the cultured and courteous Lucknowi style Muslims is the least of them..
Your ISI is great, they can honeytrap our frustrated officers with beautiful women, and handsome men, misaal ke taur par, Madhuri Gupta.

We don't have handsome men or women to honeytrap your officers. :( Kudrat ne humeiN khoobsoorat nahi banaya.

corneredtiger85292
26th September 2012, 20:33
La Nova Esquerra de l'Eixample.

Nice ! Was there back in '07, spent a lot of time wondering the streets of passeig de gracia and sagrada familia..pretty near where u r if I remember correctly ?

It's such a beautiful city man !

shan
26th September 2012, 20:48
Nice ! Was there back in '07, spent a lot of time wondering the streets of passeig de gracia and sagrada familia..pretty near where u r if I remember correctly ?

It's such a beautiful city man !

And also Plaša Espa˝a is near as well from where i live.

shan
26th September 2012, 20:49
You can have many grievances against Bollywood, most of them will be valid, but them showing Pakistanis as the cultured and courteous Lucknowi style Muslims is the least of them..
Your ISI is great, they can honeytrap our frustrated officers with beautiful women, and handsome men, misaal ke taur par, Madhuri Gupta.

We don't have handsome men or women to honeytrap your officers. :( Kudrat ne humeiN khoobsoorat nahi banaya.

I remember her, so what is she doing now?

Runner Up
26th September 2012, 21:05
In Tere Bin Laden they showed some Pakistani bazaar where lot of people were with weird "Daarhi Mooch" infact only Daarhi without mooch. Wish they could have at least visited Pakistani markets first to observe how they look in real :P

Also all Pakistanis wearing white shalwar kameez.... kya janazay mein aaye thay :yk?

Smiling Creed
26th September 2012, 21:07
I remember her, so what is she doing now?

Enjoying Biryani, just like Kasab......Indian's do treat well....bade dil wale !!!

There was a joke circulating around in Twitter world, after US declared bounty on Hafiz Syed - Which is the safest place for him right now, Indian Jail...will be kept safe and treated with Biryani.

corneredtiger85292
26th September 2012, 21:34
And also Plaša Espa˝a is near as well from where i live.

Loved it there mate it's a great place !

vcool80
26th September 2012, 22:03
Indians are unfortunately ill-informed about Pakistanis. 99.99% of Indians thinks that Pakistan=Muslims similar to UP,Bihar. also, thinks that only Indid races are only living there like India. completely oblivious to pashtuns,baloch etc.

Rizwan25
26th September 2012, 22:15

Speak for urself Kochaa! :afridi

Centurion
26th September 2012, 22:29
Why do you watch Bollywood movies?

speedy
26th September 2012, 22:33

Good points made. How would you recreate that scene?

velu
26th September 2012, 22:50
leave abt paksitan dress in bollywood .. for bollywood south indians eat only idle , dosa and curdrice :facepalm:

speedy
26th September 2012, 22:52
leave abt paksitan dress in bollywood .. for bollywood south indians eat only idle , dosa and curdrice :facepalm:

is there something else u guys eat????????????

I am serious

speedy
26th September 2012, 22:53
Why do you watch Bollywood movies?

arey haan, ye to mera bhi sawal hai

Canistani Hero
26th September 2012, 22:54
What a thread :))

velu
26th September 2012, 23:03
is there something else u guys eat????????????

I am serious

rice is not even my grand parents staple food ..
we use to take balls made from finger millet till 25 years back :inzi

IMO bolly deserves thousands of :facepalm: for their stupid stereotyping

speedy
26th September 2012, 23:05

Have you tasted chicken or mutton curry ,its yum and I love butter naan.

shan
26th September 2012, 23:07
arey haan, ye to mera bhi sawal hai

Manorajan ke liye.

shan
26th September 2012, 23:08
Good points made. How would you recreate that scene?

Which scene?

speedy
26th September 2012, 23:09
Manorajan ke liye.

KYA BAAT HAI

Nice hindi he he he.

speedy
26th September 2012, 23:11
Which scene?

The one in which there is an official meet of different delegates from around the world and where salman asks kat for a dance,

shan
26th September 2012, 23:13
The one in which there is an official meet of different delegates from around the world and where salman asks kat for a dance,

I was not talking about any particular scene. Just the way they are dressed and speak.

Centurion
26th September 2012, 23:33
If you have a problem with Bollywood, just quit watching it. Go home to Lollywood.
I doubt any Indian even watches Pakistani movies.

Smiling Creed
26th September 2012, 23:41

Velu...you have a very good point here. Not only have south indian suffered here but other people too -

1. A goan will be shown always with a bottle in hand.

2. A person from UP/Bihar will either be selling milk or be a gangster.

3. A bengali will be shown with a thick glass, chewing paan and managing his doti.

4. A sardar will break into Bhangra at drop of the hat.

The point is - Bollywood is selling dreams and they are not supposed to break stereotypes. It is the duty of people/media to come out that mold.

Centurion
26th September 2012, 23:55
You mean Pakistan also makes movies :43:

I think they do. I'm sure there are lots of ******** actors and directors across the border.

Ambi
27th September 2012, 00:10

and they use tamil in bollywood movies in a weird manner

srh
27th September 2012, 00:22
most of the Pakistanis urdu is not good.

Btw, Nawaz Sharif's urdu is excellent. One time a reporter (I think it was from GEO) was asking him a question regarding article 58 of constitution and he said 58 as athwanja in urdu which is incorrect. Nawaz Sharif looks bemused but stay polite and did not correct the reporter. Instead he answered the question and in his reply said 58 as athawan in urdu which is correct. Classy :sharif

Aly
27th September 2012, 00:25
Actually i can understand the frustration of the OP..
Actually both lukhnowi urdu and culture is ridiculed/ looked down upon in majority of Pakistan except some parts of karachi!

If anything bollywood would be much better of depicting the culture of indian Punjab as Pakistsn with some less turbons & an ability to pronounce difficult sounds like "kha"' etc :D

Lucknow is so over-rated, outdated and weak :)))

tdigi
27th September 2012, 00:52
http://johns-jokes.com/afiles/images/calm-down-bro.jpg

Thees_Mar_Khan
27th September 2012, 01:12
Anyone remember Veer Zara. The gal in that movie was shown to be from Lahore, but all her family dressed up in Sherwani and speak fluent Adabee urdu. This misrepresentation is very common in bollywood movies.

OP is just crossed that the punjabi gabroo's which makes 60% plus of pakistan is not correctly presented in bollywood movies sepcially in roles like ISI agents, which is correct.

Smiling Creed
27th September 2012, 02:38
^^^

Hope your nick is not derived from that horrible movie.

Stewie
27th September 2012, 03:13
it is catered to Indian audiences.

Just like Hollywood movies depict India as a middle eastern country and Indians sometimes as arabs.

To them they are all the same, belly dancing, dark skinned, turban wearing, indian accented people ...

I would not worry about it.

shan
27th September 2012, 03:51
it is catered to Indian audiences.

Just like Hollywood movies depict India as a middle eastern country and Indians sometimes as arabs.

To them they are all the same, belly dancing, dark skinned, turban wearing, indian accented people ...

I would not worry about it.

After slumdog movie hollywood now only show indians but in slums. Avengers is good exemple recently.

Dolphins
27th September 2012, 03:59
I don't watch Indian movies so don't know what OP is talking about but what is wrong with Lucknow's nawab culture? I know majority of Pakistani's aren't like that but still. Its a complement to be compared to the rich culture of Lucknow's. Better to think of us like Lucknow rather than Jalalabad.

Smiling Creed
27th September 2012, 04:00
I don't watch Indian movies so don't know what OP is talking about but what is wrong with Lucknow's nawab culture? I know majority of Pakistani's aren't like that but still. Its a complement to be compared to the rich culture of Lucknow's.

Apparently that culture is not appreciated in Pakistan..

dps2009
27th September 2012, 04:05
In india lucknowi muslim culture is considered extremely classy, so the pakistanis should consider it a complement. or is it the "punjabis are better than mohajirs" sentiments coming through?

Ghazinator1313
27th September 2012, 09:36
There is nothing wrong with that stereotype in Bollywood movies as it is not a negative one. However, it does get annoying that either PAkistanis are terrorists, or extreme Urdu-Adab bearded types in EVERY movie. LOL
My grandparents were from Lucknow and although they spoke proper Urdu, their mannerisms were nothing like the ones depicted in the movies. I think they just do that to tell the Pakistanis apart from the Indians. Also, why are PAkistanis always shown to be less competent that the Indians? For example, RAW attacked ISI in Cuba in the movie...that could NEVER happen in real-life.

Dolphins
27th September 2012, 09:45
Also, why are PAkistanis always shown to be less competent that the Indians? For example, RAW attacked ISI in Cuba in the movie...that could NEVER happen in real-life.

Umm maybe because it's INDIAN movies. Why would they show Pakistan being better than India? Pakistan should try to make their own movies instead of burning down historic cinemas if you know I mean. I don't recall America ever showing Russia or China being better than them. Movies are a great form of soft power. I'm pretty sure like the US, the Indian government supports patriotic movies and gives them tax cuts.

SwingNSeam
27th September 2012, 10:16
Actually both lukhnowi urdu and culture is ridiculed/ looked down upon in majority of Pakistan except some parts of karachi!

If anything bollywood would be much better of depicting the culture of indian Punjab as Pakistsn with some less turbons & an ability to pronounce difficult sounds like "kha"' etc :D

There's so much wrong with this post.

violet_may
27th September 2012, 10:57
^
It's Aly, typical post by him. What did you expect?

:moyo

umerz
27th September 2012, 11:26
You're right. The "pehlay aap, nahin nahin pehlay aap" analogy doesn't hold true for most Pakistanis :waqar

lol thats true and anyone will get an idea by driving a car in Pakistan :jf

speedy
27th September 2012, 12:11
In india lucknowi muslim culture is considered extremely classy, so the pakistanis should consider it a complement. or is it the "punjabis are better than mohajirs" sentiments coming through?

lol at lucknowi muslim culture is considered extremely classy

Punjabis are way better lol. Be it from Pakistan or anywhere

speedy
27th September 2012, 12:13
After slumdog movie hollywood now only show indians but in slums. Avengers is good exemple recently.

Its true , Specially the Hindi accent was lol.

speedy
27th September 2012, 12:14
2 of the worst actors, both of them are in industry because of their looks, merit has nothing to do with them being in industry.

Thats your opinion.

speedy
27th September 2012, 12:15
:facepalm:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramchand_Pakistani

Lol I was being sarcastic dude. I know they have lollywood.

eradicator
27th September 2012, 12:52

You are right but not just these 2 but these days almost nobody in Bollywood is there on basis of merit . I think one doesnt even have to be talented to become an actor/actress in Bollywood where sons/Daughters of Politicians/Cricketers/Ex Stars can easily make their mark , very similar to Dynasty Politics where Bhuttos and Gandhis would be ruling their countries even after a thousand years .

Manveer
27th September 2012, 15:50
Umm maybe because it's INDIAN movies. Why would they show Pakistan being better than India? Pakistan should try to make their own movies instead of burning down historic cinemas if you know I mean. I don't recall America ever showing Russia or China being better than them. Movies are a great form of soft power. I'm pretty sure like the US, the Indian government supports patriotic movies and gives them tax cuts.

nah,the Govt does not give any sops for bashing Pakistan .

Bashira_taeli
27th September 2012, 16:39
I don't watch Indian movies so don't know what OP is talking about but what is wrong with Lucknow's nawab culture? I know majority of Pakistani's aren't like that but still. Its a complement to be compared to the rich culture of Lucknow's. Better to think of us like Lucknow rather than Jalalabad.

How and why is it a compliment?

Would you take it as a compliment if you are called Punjabi, Potohari, Pushtun or Baloch?

Smiling Creed
27th September 2012, 17:13
You are right but not just these 2 but these days almost nobody in Bollywood is there on basis of merit . I think one doesnt even have to be talented to become an actor/actress in Bollywood where sons/Daughters of Politicians/Cricketers/Ex Stars can easily make their mark , very similar to Dynasty Politics where Bhuttos and Gandhis would be ruling their countries even after a thousand years .

Ever heard of SRK/Akshay/Preity/Kangana...where did they came from???

speedy
27th September 2012, 17:16

Although Kajol's mom was also an acress but even then Kajol is one of the best actress. She may not be as pretty as her mom but acting was A+

Myrmidon
27th September 2012, 17:16
How and why is it a compliment?

Would you take it as a compliment if you are called Punjabi, Potohari, Pushtun or Baloch?

he ridiculed jalalabad just there so do you really think he would be complimented if he is called a pashtun lol

anyways back to op

thought you guys were all the same race. so dont see the problem here. i mean the pakistani race didnt just sprout out overnight. it was a result of mass migration from india and any indian muslim that came from india is currently now a pakistani national and their kids are also pakistani nationals etc

dont really understand what the problem here is. why do people constantly try to cause a rift between historical and genetic ties. maybe one day people will realize

akheR
27th September 2012, 17:25
thought you guys were all the same race.

Yes like Uzbeks, Hazaras, Tajiks and Pakhtoons are all of the same Afghan race.

Myrmidon
27th September 2012, 17:45
thanks for telling me something i already know raja

akheR
27th September 2012, 17:55
thanks for telling me something i already know raja

My pleasure Asdaq wrora.

shan
27th September 2012, 18:09
he ridiculed jalalabad just there so do you really think he would be complimented if he is called a pashtun lol

anyways back to op

thought you guys were all the same race. so dont see the problem here. i mean the pakistani race didnt just sprout out overnight. it was a result of mass migration from india and any indian muslim that came from india is currently now a pakistani national and their kids are also pakistani nationals etc

dont really understand what the problem here is. why do people constantly try to cause a rift between historical and genetic ties. maybe one day people will realize

I didnt talk about race but the way they speak and dress. And yes there quite alot of similarties genetically between subcontinent people. Just watch your own Afghanistani team and tell me with stright face they cant be passed as Pakistanis or North Indians. Maybe not as South Indians o Bengalis.

Thees_Mar_Khan
27th September 2012, 18:11

Yeah rite and people in punjab are judged as modern if they speak/converse in fluent urdu - burgers:yk

Myrmidon
27th September 2012, 18:11
My pleasure Asdaq wrora.

your close, but its not me, keep guessing :P

Myrmidon
27th September 2012, 18:14
I didnt talk about race but the way they speak and dress. And yes there quite alot of similarties genetically between subcontinent people. Just watch your own Afghanistani team and tell me with stright face they cant be passed as Pakistanis or North Indians. Maybe not as South Indians o Bengalis.

najeebullah zadran, samiullah shenwari, mohammad nabi, gulbodin naib, hamid hassan,shafiqullah shafiq

excluding the names above, i wont deny the claim that the rest look similar to north indians or north pakistani

akheR
27th September 2012, 18:20
your close, but its not me, keep guessing :P

Teasing you, but if you call me "Raja" - which is my caste name : P - you probably know the "Kashmiri artist" ?

Don't know the guy but he commented with the same writing style (I have a fetish with writing styles...)

I just don't buy the "Indian race" thing as if they all look the same, hell even Indians themselves fight on the net (North vs South) about their looks lol...

najeebullah zadran, samiullah shenwari, mohammad nabi, gulbodin naib, hamid hassan,shafiqullah shafiq

excluding the names above, i wont deny the claim that the rest look similar to north indians or north pakistani

The WK especially looks like he could fit in the whole of Pakistan.

shan
27th September 2012, 18:21

Actually i didnt see single Afghan which couldnt pass as Pakistani or Noth Indian. Here is pics of Afghannistan squad.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/content/squad/579340.html

Result of lots of mixing over thousands of years.

Myrmidon
27th September 2012, 18:25
trust me when i say it dude, iv seen them in person lol

pictures lie

other than MS, he is as dark as the pictures show

@akher: nope, my friend is friends with him not me lol, he was showing me a picture of some baloch makrani kid and i put two and two togethor

shan
27th September 2012, 18:26
pictures lie

LMAO

Now even pictures lie.

SIMBA
27th September 2012, 18:27
Actually i didnt see single Afghan which couldnt pass as Pakistani or Noth Indian. Here is pics of Afghannistan squad.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/content/squad/579340.html

Result of lots of mixing over thousands of years.

Why is there a: russian guy on the afghan team :yk

The afghan all have receding hair lines :rana

And yerrrr, the: Pakistani pasthuns look more fair, european then them. :afridi

SIMBA
27th September 2012, 18:28
trust me when i say it dude, iv seen them in person lol

pictures lie

other than MS, he is as dark as the pictures show

@akher: nope, my friend is friends with him not me lol, he was showing me a picture of some baloch makrani kid and i put two and two togethor

Are all the afghan players pashtun or are there other ethnic player eg: uzbeks etc.

Myrmidon
27th September 2012, 18:33
@ shan
@ simba

them in dublin, not on tv, or a team photocall

only one that looks the same colour is MS as the pictures you have posted

picture from friends facebook

but if your genuinly saying, they look like shoaib malik, kamran akmal, hafeez,umar akmal, shoaib akhtar in terms of skin tone i think you might be very wrong lol

shan
27th September 2012, 18:38
I have watched them on Sky Sports HD. The picture you posted seem low resolution.

Myrmidon
27th September 2012, 18:41
not low resolution at all but, keep in mind sweating and all of that adds the effect of darker skin tone

used to think they were quite dark and very short aswell until i saw all of them in person, minus MS lol hes the same as on tv and to an extent dawlat

like here in ireland, we have a mix of north pakistanis, north indians and pashtuns in a group togethor. there is always a distinct difference as noted by the irish people. people should be proud of the diversities in their races. i often get told that MS isnt pashtun because he is too dark but i always tell them to shut their mouths and that he is as pashtun as the others

Punk27
27th September 2012, 18:55
The stereotype in my eyes of Pakistan is people who speak Punjabi/Pahari and similar languages with highly adorable accents and are generally aggressive. Basically people similar to those in Rajouri/Poonch/Doda districts here. Kind of like how Umar Akmal speaks.:amir

eradicator
27th September 2012, 19:46

For these few people with no connection , one can name another 50 with connections .

1% Talent , 99% Influence .

Smiling Creed
27th September 2012, 20:08
For these few people with no connection , one can name another 50 with connections .

1% Talent , 99% Influence .

You are correct, people who have connection find it easy, but just for the first movie. If they don't have talent, they will just fizzle away. Does the name Uday Chopra or Rinkie Khanna or Harman Baweja rings a bell????

People have been making it big in Bollywood since ages without any connection - Dilip Kumar, Amitabh, Dharmendra, Yash Chopra, Dev Anand, Balraj Sahni....the list is endless, when they started they didn't had any connection with Bollywood, but they still made it big on their talent.

The biggest of them all to make big...Sir Rajni.

shan
27th September 2012, 20:13
You are correct, people who have connection find it easy, but just for the first movie. If they don't have talent, they will just fizzle away. Does the name Uday Chopra or Rinkie Khanna or Harman Baweja rings a bell????

People have been making it big in Bollywood since ages without any connection - Dilip Kumar, Amitabh, Dharmendra, Yash Chopra, Dev Anand, Balraj Sahni....the list is endless, when they started they didn't had any connection with Bollywood, but they still made it big on their talent.

The biggest of them all to make big...Sir Rajni.

Atleast they get a chance without any talent.

Smiling Creed
27th September 2012, 20:19
Atleast they get a chance without any talent.

Well that is normal, you can not stop a father to support his son or daughter in following his dreams. He will do whatever is possible, now if that gets accepted or not by public will decide the future.

Take for example Salman's family - Salim supported all his three sons when they wanted to act, but what happened to Arbaaz and Sohail??

The point which I am trying to make is - family connection is not everything. It can give you launch vehicle, but after that it is your talent in front of camera.

On the other hand, people are coming from outside are judged first on the basis of talent and then given a chance. Talent gets noticied, no matter how hard any one tries.

eradicator
27th September 2012, 20:26
Bollywood must be the only industry in the world where skills and talent get passed over from generations to generations .

Simple question , can Sachin Tendulkar's son break his record of 100 centuries or can Akhtar's son bowl at 100 mph ? Is it that easy to get established like it is for actors in bollywood ? If yes then why dont we see such examples in other fields ? Son of a scientist becoming a scientist ?

Hey but look in Bollywood , am sure 30-35 years later from now on the children of these Saif's , Abhisheks , Kapoors , Hassans , Bhatts would be ruling the film industry and some die hard fools would say " MashaAllah what a talent " ...

Smiling Creed
27th September 2012, 20:30
Bollywood must be the only industry in the world where skills and talent get passed over from generations to generations .

Simple question , can Sachin Tendulkar's son break his record of 100 centuries or can Akhtar's son bowl at 100 mph ? Is it that easy to get established like it is for actors in bollywood ? If yes then why dont we see such examples in other fields ? Son of a scientist becoming a scientist ?

Hey but look in Bollywood , am sure 30-35 years later from now on the children of these Saif's , Abhisheks , Kapoors , Hassans , Bhatts would be ruling the film industry and some die hard fools would say " MashaAllah what a talent " ...

Not true....if that would have been the case, kids of Raj Kapoor, Dev Anand and Dilip Kumar would be ruling Bollywood now.

Some times, kids do show more talent then parent and grow in stature, case in point - Yash Johar and Karan Johar.

While there are instances, when kids if they don't have talent will just fizzle out after initial push from parents.

shan
27th September 2012, 20:36
Well that is normal, you can not stop a father to support his son or daughter in following his dreams. He will do whatever is possible, now if that gets accepted or not by public will decide the future.

Take for example Salman's family - Salim supported all his three sons when they wanted to act, but what happened to Arbaaz and Sohail??

The point which I am trying to make is - family connection is not everything. It can give you launch vehicle, but after that it is your talent in front of camera.

On the other hand, people are coming from outside are judged first on the basis of talent and then given a chance. Talent gets noticied, no matter how hard any one tries.

If not acting then direction or production. These people unlike normal ones never run out of oportunities. If they dont suceed in one then they will simple become producer and even directors.

Smiling Creed
27th September 2012, 20:41
If not acting then direction or production. These people unlike normal ones never run out of oportunities. If they dont suceed in one then they will simple become producer which and even directors.

Yeah....so what's the harm in that. For directing you need sheer talent, lots of patience. To be a producer you need right contacts, if they have people managment skills, they can become producer.

Take for e.g. Bhatt's - Mahesh Bhatt tried hard with Puja Bhatt to establish her as an actor, but she failed, she was never a top actor. However, when other member of family came, Emraan Hashmi he became hit (now how he did that, is totally different matter).

It is like a corner shop - the father will very much like his kids to take over the shop, issue is chances of success in bollywood is way way small over a corner shop.

And yes - Kids whose parents are doctors or in armed forces find it easy to go into same profession, but not all kids are able to do that. There is your analogy.