PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 Vs BMW 3 Series

Garuda
4th February 2013, 20:20
Okay, it is now time to upgrade the car.

I am now offered to go for a new car (via company lease) and after consulting with few friends, I think it is a better option than buying a car of my own.

But most in my circle are BMW fans though they have nothing bad to say about Audi.

From internet it seems both are neck to neck in all aspects.

So,if any of you guys who drive Audi (especially A4), what is your personal experience ? There are many available to give BMW experience but almost none in my circle with Audi.

It will be used by a small family with a kid, weekend outings mostly. So rash and fast driving is not a driver.

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
4th February 2013, 20:31
bmw 3

Eagle_Eye
4th February 2013, 20:33
Both good... have a drive and see which you like.

freelance_cricketer
4th February 2013, 20:34
Are you gonna be keeping it in India?

Gabbar Singh
4th February 2013, 20:34
I'd echo what your friends say and go for the new 3 series (F30). Have heard nothing but good things about it. It's also a lot newer than the current A4 which I think came out in 2008 or 2009.

LethalSami
4th February 2013, 20:37
It will be used by a small family with a kid, weekend outings mostly. So rash and fast driving is not a driver.

so if not looking for performance, ur looking for reliability/LUXURY

so me Mercedes C-class looks the best....also known for its handling and beautiful interior...
not sure about reliability (check KBB etc. for that)

but u should really go TEST-Drive at a dealership......best way to find out

oyei
4th February 2013, 20:50
A4, drove both, but i find A4 ride better.

Garuda
4th February 2013, 21:14
Are you gonna be keeping it in India?
You crazy ?? :)

No.

in_cutter
4th February 2013, 21:15
Audi A4 any day

Garuda
4th February 2013, 21:19
I took a test drive and I didn't find much noticable difference.

The A4 was rich. I mean it feels really nice when you sit in the driver seat.

The 3 series was nice but apart from the top trim, it looks very empty/plain.

I liked A4 for
1. the comfort inside
2. Too many 3 series on the road :P
3. Look of the car

But my cousin is too skeptical about Audi's maintainance problem. That makes me rethink.

Drivewise, both were almost same.

Otherthing is BMW is a rear wheel drive as compared to A4. How much of trouble is it for snowy days? (though it's just a matter of a week of so in year)

Garuda
4th February 2013, 21:21

so me Mercedes C-class looks the best....also known for its handling and beautiful interior...

I don't like the look of Merc. Also I am not that old yet. :)

Inswinger
4th February 2013, 21:28
Taking all major factors into consideration (luxury, performance, maintenance, and even fuel efficiency) I'd recommend the the BMW.

LethalSami
4th February 2013, 21:36
I don't like the look of Merc. Also I am not that old yet. :)

no matter if you're young or old.......Megan Fox is HAWTTTTT........

assuming u roll that way :asif

IAJ
4th February 2013, 21:50
I took a test drive and I didn't find much noticable difference.

The A4 was rich. I mean it feels really nice when you sit in the driver seat.

The 3 series was nice but apart from the top trim, it looks very empty/plain.

I liked A4 for
1. the comfort inside
2. Too many 3 series on the road :P
3. Look of the car

But my cousin is too skeptical about Audi's maintainance problem. That makes me rethink.

Drivewise, both were almost same.

Otherthing is BMW is a rear wheel drive as compared to A4. How much of trouble is it for snowy days? (though it's just a matter of a week of so in year)

On what basis does he say that?

Both cars are top german cars. Of course their parts are a bit expensive but if you can afford the car you will probably afford the parts as well.

But for me the choice is quite simple..

pakistanalltheway
4th February 2013, 21:52
BMW all the way bro
Plus i think BMWs don't lose value that quick so you would do ok if you were to sell it on

freelance_cricketer
4th February 2013, 21:55
You crazy ?? :)

No.

LOL Good for you. I just cleaned my interior today, some of the cow dung that got attached to my shoes had gone in there. Good lord! India's India. :))) :))) :)))

ahmedzee
4th February 2013, 22:34
Garuda,

Audi A4 post 2009 is better than 3 series (328). Prior Audi models came with so much mechanical problems. Have a friend who always complained.
If you are going for 335, just close your eyes and get it cuz it is one of the best out there.

ahmedzee
4th February 2013, 22:35

Drove C230 2008 before and loved it.
Sold it and for c350, it is awesome.
Amazing handling and technology way ahead of others, tbh.

Salman
4th February 2013, 22:39
I drive a 2006 Audi A4 S-line Convertible, was specifically looking for a soft top and also had bmw 3 series in mind but BMW's are far too common in the UK and mainly driven by guys with too much hair gel, plus their prices do depreciate quicker as there is a new model every few years.

I went for the audi because it looked better in my view, drives really well in town and goes like a rocket in S. however i went for a slightly higher mileage car 80k+ miles, it had full audi service record but i have still had to spend money on things like replacement wheel wishbone and ball joint as i started hearing a knocking sound from the wheel, a crankshaft sensor, replacement alternator and i think my driveshaft will need replacing soon along with a decent service and good quality oil.

You will have the same silly problems and expenditure with a bmw too, just depends on how much they have been driven. try and go for a genuine low mileage car, even if it costs more as these german cars do fall apart when they get closer to 100,000 miles.

on a side note, i had lexus gs300 before the audi, it had done 230,000 miles of which 15,000 mile were my doing and the only thing i had to spend money all year was on a light bulb. So go figure, buy Jap as would be recommend by at least one sensible person in your family. :)

karachiite
4th February 2013, 23:31
Love the new Audis. Beautiful interior, lovely to drive and not as common s the bmw. Also look a lot sportier compared to the bmw.

Garuda
5th February 2013, 00:18
I drive a 2006 Audi A4 S-line Convertible, was specifically looking for a soft top and also had bmw 3 series in mind but BMW's are far too common in the UK and mainly driven by guys with too much hair gel, plus their prices do depreciate quicker as there is a new model every few years.

I went for the audi because it looked better in my view, drives really well in town and goes like a rocket in S. however i went for a slightly higher mileage car 80k+ miles, it had full audi service record but i have still had to spend money on things like replacement wheel wishbone and ball joint as i started hearing a knocking sound from the wheel, a crankshaft sensor, replacement alternator and i think my driveshaft will need replacing soon along with a decent service and good quality oil.

You will have the same silly problems and expenditure with a bmw too, just depends on how much they have been driven. try and go for a genuine low mileage car, even if it costs more as these german cars do fall apart when they get closer to 100,000 miles.

on a side note, i had lexus gs300 before the audi, it had done 230,000 miles of which 15,000 mile were my doing and the only thing i had to spend money all year was on a light bulb. So go figure, buy Jap as would be recommend by at least one sensible person in your family. :)
Good points mate. Nice to get some details from an Audi user.

Regarding parts, as I will be getting brand new, so I expect I will not be worrying about that for atleast 3-4 years. (hopefully)

How is your Audi for long drives (400-500 miles) one side (if you have tried it) ? I mean in terms of driving experience for long long drives.

Garuda
5th February 2013, 00:20
Love the new Audis. Beautiful interior, lovely to drive and not as common s the bmw. Also look a lot sportier compared to the bmw.

So true. 3 series is so common on the road. I guess almost 3 out of 4 of my friend drive BMW (either 3 series or X5)

So a natural inclination for something different.

Garuda
5th February 2013, 00:26
LOL Good for you. I just cleaned my interior today, some of the cow dung that got attached to my shoes had gone in there. Good lord! India's India. :))) :))) :)))
Other issue in India is the way people drive.

I bought an I20 when it was launched and within a week one auto driver squeezed past my car at a redlight banging my side mirror.

He didn't even stop or say sorry. I had to pay a bomb to replace the entire kit as it's motor was also damaged.

Imagine an Audi or BMW suffering that torture. :)

Garuda
5th February 2013, 00:30
On what basis does he say that?

Both cars are top german cars. Of course their parts are a bit expensive but if you can afford the car you will probably afford the parts as well.

But for me the choice is quite simple..

Ofcourse and no denying that the badge is the best :)

Well, my cousin is not very sure as he himself drives a Jetta. It's based on his friend's car experience which had many issues. It could be just one unlucky car.

Salman
5th February 2013, 01:17
Good points mate. Nice to get some details from an Audi user.

Regarding parts, as I will be getting brand new, so I expect I will not be worrying about that for atleast 3-4 years. (hopefully)

How is your Audi for long drives (400-500 miles) one side (if you have tried it) ? I mean in terms of driving experience for long long drives.

Didn't realize you were getting a brand new car, go for the Audi!!! no question about it. You wont have to worry about anything until the warranty has expired. As for the drive, mine is a 2.5 turbo triptronic/auto, S-line sport suspension and low profile tyres, I do a lot of motorway miles and never seem to get bored of the drive.

if you can select the option, go for the red leather interior, looks slick and if you really want to be different, forget the A4 and go for an A5.

http://cdn3.worldcarfans.co/2008/11/medium/jms-audi-a5-racelook_5.jpg

Garuda
5th February 2013, 01:31
Didn't realize you were getting a brand new car, go for the Audi!!! no question about it. You wont have to worry about anything until the warranty has expired. As for the drive, mine is a 2.5 turbo triptronic/auto, S-line sport suspension and low profile tyres, I do a lot of motorway miles and never seem to get bored of the drive.

if you can select the option, go for the red leather interior, looks slick and if you really want to be different, forget the A4 and go for an A5.

http://cdn3.worldcarfans.co/2008/11/medium/jms-audi-a5-racelook_5.jpg
Thanks mate.

I will need a 4 door for the little one. So A5 will not fit. Otherwise I agree with you, A5 looks better.

ahmedzee
5th February 2013, 01:44
Thanks mate.

I will need a 4 door for the little one. So A5 will not fit. Otherwise I agree with you, A5 looks better.

Garuda,
bro, A5 has a baby seat in the back :-) (or baby seat equiped). I have seen it with my own eyes :waqar

Howz the little one doing btw??

A4 is good if you are going for the new. Looks great too. I would get that if I were you. Audi has come a long way since 2007/8. Are you gonna get the S-Line or the regular one. I think 2.0 L turbo engine is great, good torque, good fuel consumption. :)

pakistanalltheway
5th February 2013, 02:23
http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1074585_audi-a4-vs-bmw-3-series-compare-cars

Fireworks11
5th February 2013, 02:37
bmw 3 series, most efficient yet powerful.

Anfield
5th February 2013, 06:08
That's how I rate luxury cars 2012-13 model:
1) BMW 3
2)Cadillac ATS
3)Audi A4
4)Mercedez C

The new BMW 3 series looks slick IMO. Bmw 3 series was kinda dull before but now they have given it a major haul.
Cadillac is a close second. Very good interior, exterior and engine.
Audi 4 has a great exterior but poor interior.
Mercedez c class- doesn't appeal me much at all.

Khaleefa
5th February 2013, 07:37
If u r going to lease a new car then ALL what matters is what do YOU like.
Both will come with bumper to bumper warranty and are not likely to bother u within the lease period (24 or 36 months).
Listen to your heart and follow your dreams. Go for what u want and Enjoy !!!

SwingNSeam
5th February 2013, 08:27
BMW 3 series atw.

Saqs
5th February 2013, 08:35

Yeap.

I'd go with the black C-Class over the Audi or the BM.

If that's out of range, then definitely the A4.

ahmedzee
5th February 2013, 10:09
That's how I rate luxury cars 2012-13 model:
1) BMW 3
2)Cadillac ATS
3)Audi A4
4)Mercedez C

The new BMW 3 series looks slick IMO. Bmw 3 series was kinda dull before but now they have given it a major haul.
Cadillac is a close second. Very good interior, exterior and engine.
Audi 4 has a great exterior but poor interior.
Mercedez c class- doesn't appeal me much at all.

Merc is way ahead of the rest to be honest, including 3 series and A4.
It is so strange that you have cadillac ATS in there, a car company proven with so many faults.
Anyways, I owned both C class and 3 series in the past. I would take C class anyday. 3-series has so many problems and I had a pathetic experience with it.

MR__KHAN__JI
5th February 2013, 11:33
Take a black c-class over any of those any day of the week. ....

IAJ
5th February 2013, 12:19
Thanks mate.

From a safety perspective of view the 3-door cars are the best fitted for families with small children if they are placed in back seats of course. Just saying.

Garuda
5th February 2013, 12:53
Garuda,
bro, A5 has a baby seat in the back :-) (or baby seat equiped). I have seen it with my own eyes :waqar

But it is a pain to get the baby in and out without rear doors. Also to fasten her seatbelt it is easier if there is rear door. :)

Howz the little one doing btw??

She is just waiting when I will allow her to get her hands on the wheel. She is like a traffic officer shouting from the back seat "dad, redlight, stop."

How time fly by. I remember announcing her birth here on PP :)

A4 is good if you are going for the new. Looks great too. I would get that if I were you. Audi has come a long way since 2007/8. Are you gonna get the S-Line or the regular one. I think 2.0 L turbo engine is great, good torque, good fuel consumption. :)

Yes, the plan is to go for new as I have decided to go for company lease.

if the plan changes and I decide to buy myself (obviously can't afford a new one) then I have to rethink as my budget would be around 15k. In that case BMW might be a better option financially.

Garuda
5th February 2013, 12:57
Take a black c-class over any of those any day of the week. ....
You are bingo on the color though.

Whatever the car is going to be it will be black for me.

cricketjoshila
5th February 2013, 13:37
Garuda

BMW 3 series.

I acquired a BMW 330D recently after selling my Honda Accord and i also test drove the A4,Mercedes C Class and the BMW came on top.

Garuda
5th February 2013, 13:53
Garuda

BMW 3 series.

I acquired a BMW 330D recently after selling my Honda Accord and i also test drove the A4,Mercedes C Class and the BMW came on top.
What diff would you say between the petrol and Diesel variant of 3 series ?

I have never driven a diesel car. All 4 of my last cars were petrol.

My use is around 10 - 12k miles per year max.

MR__KHAN__JI
5th February 2013, 14:08
Always petrol. ...

If you are spending money u want to get something useful

cricketjoshila
5th February 2013, 14:21
What diff would you say between the petrol and Diesel variant of 3 series ?

I have never driven a diesel car. All 4 of my last cars were petrol.

My use is around 10 - 12k miles per year max.

The biggest difference is the power.I Test drove the A4 and then BMW320D and there was a considerbale difference in power.Ofcourse in India Diesel is lot cheaper and there is a difference between the mileages as well.

I also had driven only Petrol cars before this,because of two reasons

1.High Maintenance cost of diesel

2.Sound of the diesel engine

But with the BMW,thats not an issue.

May be you can tell us which variant of the A4 or 3 series you looking to get.

Garuda
5th February 2013, 14:26
The biggest difference is the power.I Test drove the A4 and then BMW320D and there was a considerbale difference in power.Ofcourse in India Diesel is lot cheaper and there is a difference between the mileages as well.

I also had driven only Petrol cars before this,because of two reasons

1.High Maintenance cost of diesel

2.Sound of the diesel engine

But with the BMW,thats not an issue.

May be you can tell us which variant of the A4 or 3 series you looking to get.
thanks dude. But I will be using it in UK and not in India. So the diesel subsidy price doesn't help me here. :)

The cost difference between Diesel and Petrol car could be a factor to look at. Is the sound difference noticable inside the car?

Garuda
5th February 2013, 14:27
Always petrol. ...

If you are spending money u want to get something useful

What do you mean by that ? :)

cricketjoshila
5th February 2013, 14:31
thanks dude. But I will be using it in UK and not in India. So the diesel subsidy price doesn't help me here. :)

The cost difference between Diesel and Petrol car could be a factor to look at. Is the sound difference noticable inside the car?

Nope sound difference isnt noticeable at all.

A4 is better looking but 3 series has better power.

Also you can look at the Volvo S 60.Great looks and power.But they dont have a dealer in Kolkata:69:

Garuda
5th February 2013, 14:47
Nope sound difference isnt noticeable at all.

A4 is better looking but 3 series has better power.

Also you can look at the Volvo S 60.Great looks and power.But they dont have a dealer in Kolkata:69:
Good. I don't like cars with slightest noise of vibration inside. The new diesel cars are much refined though.

Why are you upset about not having a dealer in kolkata? Are you from Kolkata?

Jo_Don
5th February 2013, 14:57
Do you have a family? Plan to have one any time soon?

If not, then I'm not sure why you're limiting yourself to a choice of vehicles which every Tom, Dick and Harry has - rather get yourself a Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ. Absolutely nothing I've driven (including various 3-series over the years) comes close in terms of the driving experience and the amount of smiles it puts on your face. And it's far more exclusive given the demand and limited numbers available.

Garuda
5th February 2013, 15:03
http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1074585_audi-a4-vs-bmw-3-series-compare-cars
Very good comparision. thanks for the link.

Garuda
5th February 2013, 15:20
Do you have a family? Plan to have one any time soon?

If not, then I'm not sure why you're limiting yourself to a choice of vehicles which every Tom, Dick and Harry has - rather get yourself a Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ. Absolutely nothing I've driven (including various 3-series over the years) comes close in terms of the driving experience and the amount of smiles it puts on your face. And it's far more exclusive given the demand and limited numbers available.
yes, I do have a family with a 3 year old.

I have been driving Japanese and Korean cars for last 12 years. Just wanted to have some German car experience.

Jo_Don
5th February 2013, 15:22
yes, I do have a family with a 3 year old.

I have been driving Japanese and Korean cars for last 12 years. Just wanted to have some German car experience.

Pity, you're missing out on one of the best driver's cars of the decade. And I'm coming from the Germans :)

cricketjoshila
5th February 2013, 15:23
Good. I don't like cars with slightest noise of vibration inside. The new diesel cars are much refined though.

Why are you upset about not having a dealer in kolkata? Are you from Kolkata?

Yes...:D

Try the volvo..s 60.

MR__KHAN__JI
5th February 2013, 15:39
What do you mean by that ? :)

Diesal may save a bit of money but are annoying to drive. ...

They are noisier and you need a bigger engine to get the same acceleration.

Better to get a petrol car

Bilbo
5th February 2013, 19:15
Okay, it is now time to upgrade the car.

I am now offered to go for a new car (via company lease) and after consulting with few friends, I think it is a better option than buying a car of my own.

But most in my circle are BMW fans though they have nothing bad to say about Audi.

From internet it seems both are neck to neck in all aspects.

So,if any of you guys who drive Audi (especially A4), what is your personal experience ? There are many available to give BMW experience but almost none in my circle with Audi.

I have kept two bimmers a 5 and a 1 series, they are ultimate driving machines as they are called. A little harder feel-the-road like ride, very responsive. I have rest drive an A6 and an A4, I must say from outside they look nicer, but, in the cockpit they don't seem to have quality interiors. The ride is softer, when I was braking the car would stop and move a bit with inertia like a soft stop unlike BMW,

Hari Sombar
5th February 2013, 19:43
Audi all the way, BMW is way too common and Audi looks and rides better. If you liked the A5 above, you can get the A5 sportback which is available in 5 door, however Im not sure about your area and IMO its the best that Audi do apart from the A7.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/07/a5090031_large-1280_opt.jpg

Robert
5th February 2013, 20:40
The Beemer is probably the choice if you want a driver's car.

Personally I like my old Merc because it is so comfy, and I don't feel tired after a long drive.

pakistanigoneaussie
6th February 2013, 19:04
Your picking the wrong Germans my friend

C class all the way

pakistanalltheway
6th February 2013, 19:16

C class all the way

No C class aren't anything compared to the 3 series and the A4
The Mercedes Eclass and S class are competitive with the BMW 7 and 5 serie and the Audi A6 and A8 but to me the C class lacks something .

MR__KHAN__JI
6th February 2013, 19:34
The Mercedes Eclass and S class are competitive with the BMW 7 and 5 serie and the Audi A6 and A8 but to me the C class lacks something .

C class sport all the way..... Its a beast.

Robert
6th February 2013, 21:04

C class all the way

Too small for me. Not enough leg room.

ahmedzee
6th February 2013, 21:37

Bhai, C class is 3 series/A4 equivalent...

E Class and S are totally different.

I drove both 3 series and C class. Honestly, C class wins hands down. Merc normally produces cars that are 2 years ahead of other cars.
Not doubting the 3 series, it was fun to drive. But to me, it lacks in interior, and driving performance as well.

ahmedzee
6th February 2013, 21:40
C class sport all the way..... Its a beast.

Yup, moreover it is gorgeous, inside out. Technologically very advanced. Has a legendary 4matic (AWD) system. Having said that, C350 is one of the best Sedans out there. C350 coupe is one of the best sportscar/coupe out there. With its blue effeciency, it will give you 20% better fuel consumption that older C350s

MR__KHAN__JI
7th February 2013, 01:35
Its so much better looking the c-class is.

Bmws are now boring. ... the shape is boring

Even an a4 is better than a 3 series these days

Khaleefa
7th February 2013, 01:54
Bmws are now boring. ... the shape is boring

Even an a4 is better than a 3 series these days

haan... tu ithay barra Arab da shehzada lagga hoya wayn jisday BMW 750 Li dey private fleet ney.

Robert
7th February 2013, 02:49
Diesal may save a bit of money but are annoying to drive. ...

They are noisier and you need a bigger engine to get the same acceleration.

Better to get a petrol car

Much more torque on the hills though, and you have to change gear less often because the ratios are so wide. My old VW 1.9 TDi would putter along in fifth gear at 1200 rpm.

I'll never buy another petrol engine.

pakistanigoneaussie
7th February 2013, 03:57
From 2007 onwards the c class is vastly improved. I hve bias here because my family pretty much only had Mercs and Toyotas. If you are willing to spend then get second class 2007 e class, can't go wrong

lahori
7th February 2013, 08:36
Avoid both since you will be plagued with maintenance problems and sky high expenditure after a few years. Friend of mine has gone through two BMW 3 series and he has finally given up on them. Although he enjoyed the great driving it offers but the maintenance nightmares were not worth it. Simple things which one takes for granted like automatic window stopped working and other uncommon mechanical failures, and he would end up spending 2500+ on just repairs each year. So ask yourself is it worth it to deal with such headaches?

MR__KHAN__JI
7th February 2013, 10:16
Much more torque on the hills though, and you have to change gear less often because the ratios are so wide. My old VW 1.9 TDi would putter along in fifth gear at 1200 rpm.

I'll never buy another petrol engine.

Still boring to drive. .. IMO.

I have no problem with great changing. .. part of the fun in driving

LethalSami
8th February 2013, 10:17
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/15/2014-lexus-is-detroit-2013/

2014 Lexus IS brings boldest design yet to entry-level luxury

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2013/01/2014-lexus-is-detroit.jpg

how about Lexus IS??

Anfield
13th February 2013, 03:48
test drove Bmw 328I today. didn't enjoy the drive much. Interior was great. I drive Nissan Murrano right now. Murrano seemed much better.

pakistanigoneaussie
13th February 2013, 04:07
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/15/2014-lexus-is-detroit-2013/

2014 Lexus IS brings boldest design yet to entry-level luxury

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2013/01/2014-lexus-is-detroit.jpg

how about Lexus IS??

It's good of you to bring it up. I still feel that many downplay Lexus because they aren't European and considered by many to be basically Toyotas on steroids. Which is a shame because IMO they are on same level as the the big 3 Germans and in some cases even better

FarhanZZZ
13th February 2013, 04:08
test drove Bmw 328I today. didn't enjoy the drive much. Interior was great. I drive Nissan Murrano right now. Murrano seemed much better.

The F30? You didnt like? What was wrong with it?

I loved it btw. This close to getting one.

Anfield
13th February 2013, 04:58
The F30? You didnt like? What was wrong with it?

I loved it btw. This close to getting one.

I was very close too but the car dealer didn't give a good deal.

I don't know I didn't like the pickup. The acceleration was too slow.

FarhanZZZ
13th February 2013, 05:06
The 328, maybe. With manual transmission its better.

Wait, Murano picks up better than 328??? No Way!

Anfield
13th February 2013, 05:44
Murrano is a v6 260 HP. bmw - 240 horsepower.

FarhanZZZ
13th February 2013, 06:25
Yeah but suv vs sedan. Maybe.

Grunge101
13th February 2013, 10:39
Neither of them.

Get yourself a Toyota 86GT. you will not regret it,i promise you that.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpgMLz1nmwyvxGLTApRIIvkoSl-8fnQXB6dPMOhwIF5CllKfXhLA

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Toyota-86-red-static-rear-side.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTdL3r1NceOnNy5HiT7DngmjLcmpSTt 9xN-1rUZf0pLJnLyPmt9Q

Robert
13th February 2013, 18:26
Still boring to drive. .. IMO.

I have no problem with great changing. .. part of the fun in driving

If I was a younger man I would agree. On a challenging road with lots of bends and hills such as the A6 in Cheshire, I still agree. For my next big birthday I might rent a Lotus and have a blat around up there.

When you get longer in the tooth and have to drive in London, gear changing rapidly stops being fun and becomes stressful! Also I have a permanantly sore left foot due to an old injury, so many gear changes start to hurt.

Mamoon
13th February 2013, 18:43
Bhai hum to Civic aur Corolla ki baatein kartay hain :yk

FarhanZZZ
1st March 2013, 23:09
Any update on the new wheels Garuda? Don't mean to steal your thunder bro but thought I'd share this anyway.

http://imageshack.us/a/img42/3640/imagexcb.jpg

An absolute joy to drive this one. And the HUD is just amazing! Looks a bit angry too, with the xenons and the kidney grill, which I like. :)

MR__KHAN__JI
3rd March 2013, 14:51
If I was a younger man I would agree. On a challenging road with lots of bends and hills such as the A6 in Cheshire, I still agree. For my next big birthday I might rent a Lotus and have a blat around up there.

When you get longer in the tooth and have to drive in London, gear changing rapidly stops being fun and becomes stressful! Also I have a permanantly sore left foot due to an old injury, so many gear changes start to hurt.

Fair enough... the older u get the more of a chore it becomes.

Garuda
3rd March 2013, 15:11
Any update on the new wheels Garuda? Don't mean to steal your thunder bro but thought I'd share this anyway.

http://imageshack.us/a/img42/3640/imagexcb.jpg

An absolute joy to drive this one. And the HUD is just amazing! Looks a bit angry too, with the xenons and the kidney grill, which I like. :)
The plan is delayed by a month. So most probably end of this month of early next month.

Till now it seems BMW is the winner. Congratulations on your wheels too. :) Looks great.

Second issue is I am not sure about getting a new on lease or buy a 2-3 year old on my own.

shah_1
3rd March 2013, 15:54
I have got Defender Hard Top 110 2012

I don't prefer luxury cars at all

shah_1
3rd March 2013, 16:02
planning to sell defender to buy Jeep wrangler unlimited call of duty MW3

FarhanZZZ
3rd March 2013, 22:39
The plan is delayed by a month. So most probably end of this month of early next month.

Till now it seems BMW is the winner. Congratulations on your wheels too. :) Looks great.

Second issue is I am not sure about getting a new on lease or buy a 2-3 year old on my own.

Depends on your budget right? I wanted to finance mine. But the monthly payments ended up being too high. If you go for the 328, you can get great deals for a lease. About $300 less than finance options. I am paying about $600 for this fully loaded xi, which is a sweet deal. But then, I might end up paying more once the lease ends, who knows with these things.

I'll tell you what, no matter what you end up doing, you will absolutely love the new F30. Its a joy to drive.

Grunge101
3rd March 2013, 22:57

Id advise you to give the GT a test drive before you go and buy that BMW.I know more than a couple of people facing the same dilemma,who ended up going for the GT instead in the end and to say that they are now more than happy with their choice would be an understatement

Neither of them.

Get yourself a Toyota 86GT. you will not regret it,i promise you that.

http://gt86.com.au/wp-content/gallery/toyota-86-gt86comau-review/Toyota-86-GT86comau-review-066.JPG

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Toyota-86-red-static-rear-side.jpg

http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/ScionFRS.Toyota86.INterior-525x350.jpg

http://www.autotribute.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/New-2013-Toyota-GT-86-red-Alcantara.jpg

FarhanZZZ
3rd March 2013, 23:04
Looks more like a dinkey. :D

Grunge101
3rd March 2013, 23:07
Looks more like a dinkey. :D

and thats a bad thing? :)

Grunge101
3rd March 2013, 23:13
Rated 4.8/5 on CarBuyer.com

And awarded the ''Best Coupe of the Year'' title on this and most other respected sites

The 320d was even higher at 4.9/5 But is also considerably more expensive than the GT86

Garuda
3rd March 2013, 23:26

And awarded the ''Best Coupe of the Year'' title on this and most other respected sites

The 320d was even higher at 4.9/5 But is also considerably more expensive than the GT86
Honestly, I haven't checked that car yet. But main reason is I wanted to buy a German one as my last 3 were Jap/Korean cars.

Secondly, the need of the car is for a guy who is in mid 30s with a family (small kid) and a mid level manager and geek. :)

So need to fit the lifestyle too. Some of the colors even don't suit on us now a days. :D

FarhanZZZ
3rd March 2013, 23:30
Honestly, I haven't checked that car yet. But main reason is I wanted to buy a German one as my last 3 were Jap/Korean cars.

Secondly, the need of the car is for a guy who is in mid 30s with a family (small kid) and a mid level manager and geek. :)

So need to fit the lifestyle too. Some of the colors even don't suit on us now a days. :D

If you get a 328 we can be internet twins!

FarhanZZZ
3rd March 2013, 23:32

So when are you getting a GT?

Garuda
3rd March 2013, 23:33
If you get a 328 we can be internet twins!
let's hope so :)

Can you tell me how much is the difference it makes in insurance between a new one and a 2-3 year old used one?

Grunge101
3rd March 2013, 23:35
So when are you getting a GT?

When im done with studies and settle down :amir

FarhanZZZ
3rd March 2013, 23:43
let's hope so :)

Can you tell me how much is the difference it makes in insurance between a new one and a 2-3 year old used one?

I dont think it will be much. My insurance went up by about $200/year I think, which I am more than willing to live with. But you should be able to get a quote from your agent. Can't beat that new car smell! *sigh* I'm gonna go sit in it for a few min. bbiab!

Garuda
4th March 2013, 00:12
I dont think it will be much. My insurance went up by about $200/year I think, which I am more than willing to live with. But you should be able to get a quote from your agent. Can't beat that new car smell! *sigh* I'm gonna go sit in it for a few min. bbiab!

Thanks for the info. I think 200 more per year is not a bad deal.

That is so true. If I go for a used car this will be my 2nd used car in last 5.

I also believe in "Never buy used car or used electronics" :P

FarhanZZZ
4th March 2013, 00:23
Thanks for the info. I think 200 more per year is not a bad deal.

That is so true. If I go for a used car this will be my 2nd used car in last 5.

I also believe in "Never buy used car or used electronics" :P

I drove a used S4 before settling on this. Its hard to describe but you feel like a kid again!

Garuda
4th March 2013, 00:28
I drove a used S4 before settling on this. Its hard to describe but you feel like a kid again!
So what is the deal you got ? (if you don't mind sharing)

(Just to make sure if I go for it, I know what to bargain for). :)

FarhanZZZ
4th March 2013, 00:33
So what is the deal you got ? (if you don't mind sharing)

(Just to make sure if I go for it, I know what to bargain for). :)

Oh man! Dont go by my deal making abilities. I got robbed. Although you are in the UK so it might be totally different prices compared to US?

I didnt want to talk numbers because it seems like showing off but anything to help a fellow internet forumer :D

MSRP: 52K
Compnay discount: 2K
Trade-in value: 1K
Dealer discount: 1K
Down payment: 2.5K
Monthly payments: $620

Its a 36 month lease with 10K/yr miles, might increase that to 12K not sure.

I am also *this* close to getting the 20 inch wheels but thats another 4K and I'm dithering a little. Maybe wait till next year and get myself a birthday gift. Those rims are *sick*!

At the end of the day I was expecting to pay north of $900 for a car over 50K. So that pretty much sealed it for me. But if I had really knuckled down and bargained I might have gotten another 1.5K or so off the price.

Salman
4th April 2013, 02:44
I have still had to spend money on things like replacement wheel wishbone and ball joint as i started hearing a knocking sound from the wheel, a crankshaft sensor, replacement alternator and i think my driveshaft will need replacing soon along with a decent service and good quality oil.

Just to add to the list of my A4 troubles, today i had to pay 300 for a replacement oil pump as it packed up nearly taking out the engine starving it of oil pressure, this in turn has also blown the turbocharger which is looking like at least another 400 parts and labor before the car is drive able again. :12:.

waqar_ahmad
4th April 2013, 03:26
^ Audis are beautiful cars. But they are not as reliable. And their maintenance is quite high.

My advice, never buy used german cars. If you have money get a brand new one. Or get a warranty with it

Saqs
4th April 2013, 04:40
Btw - as beautiful as the new A4 is, what the hell is with that ugly looking gear box from the 90s?

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2009/a/2009-Audi-A4-allroad-quattro-Interior-1920x1440.jpg