PDA

View Full Version : Official Pakistan 2013 General Elections thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

MR__KHAN__JI
11th May 2013, 20:58
Imran Khan doesn't have anything for himself. He has no experience, nor does most of his team. He has never proven that he could lead the country to good governance because he never got the occasion.

So, why should I vote for him? Because his party is clean and different from others.

Once a drop of ink stained the glass, he didn't have that anymore. Hence, people who are thinking that not voting for Imran Khan is a crime agaisnt humanity are seriously disillusioned.

When you are inexperienced, the main arguments you have for yourself is change, innocence and yours words. Once all three were lost, I honestly couldn't care less about who between PTI or PML-N wins.

Bro.

You seriously worry me.

The country needs a figure head that's going to drive change.

This is the last opportunity for a "man of the world" to lead our country.

In the future when people get fEd up of the status quo. .. then it will be the mullah brigade that take over.

Badsha
I want to know about the KP votes in kpk

I don't understand the logic that pti will win na and not provincial seat. I stamped balla on both :)

oyei
Imran Khan doesn't have anything for himself. He has no experience, nor does most of his team. He has never proven that he could lead the country to good governance because he never got the occasion.

So, why should I vote for him? Because his party is clean and different from others.

Once a drop of ink stained the glass, which includes ''leadership'', he didn't have that anymore. Hence, people who are thinking that not voting for Imran Khan is a crime agaisnt humanity are seriously disillusioned.

When you are inexperienced, the main arguments you have for yourself is change, innocence and yours words. Once all three were lost, I honestly couldn't care less about who between PTI or PML-N wins.

irony

endymion248
11th May 2013, 20:59
Any news for Gujrat? I was told it is one of the biggest hopes for PTI to upset a PPP stronghold in Punjab?

IAJ
NA-68, Tsunami disappeared,

shan
NA-247 MQM 14293 and other candidate 0!!!!!!

Square Drive
11th May 2013, 21:00
somebody please tell me - what is the overall result so far? Which party is winning??

IAJ
11th May 2013, 21:01
NA 148 - Multan, Shah sahib bhind, not looking good now.

FusedBulb

LOL HAHAHHAHAHA
And what did those guys do for Pakistan in the last 60 odd years who HAD the experience of politics? Who had politics run in the families generation after generation. What did they do for you?

endymion248
Bro.

You seriously worry me.

The country needs a figure head that's going to drive change.

This is the last opportunity for a "man of the world" to lead our country.

In the future when people get fEd up of the status quo. .. then it will be the mullah brigade that take over.

I don't vote for people, I vote for parties and what they stand for. When a party's only argument is that it is clean and honest, I expect them to at least not lose that. And then be hypocrite about it by pretending you will fire said people once you win. It's just a Bhutto bis repetita, a party striving for regional politics by regional polticians (other than Imran Khan).

IAJ
somebody please tell me - what is the overall result so far? Which party is winning??

Too early to say.

MR__KHAN__JI
But hasn't Pakistan's politics been strictly regional. Imran is really trying to pull of something magical by creating this third front which challenges the two major parties and transcend the regional barriers. This is his first serious election and he seems to be doing brilliantly, even in Punjab. I think folks should tone down their expectations. Change requires time.

As Indian, I am proud of Pak people and turn out they have shown under the circumstances. I can't imagine any other country doing this. Also think PTI structure has to be studied and understood. They are creating history. It will change the status quo.

Its a journey and realistically its impossible to get even close to winning (this year) due to mentality of the people.

They will need years of persuasion.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that anyone that didn't vote for PTI is voting for corruption and status quo.

That's embarrassing. Really embarrassing.

akamaka
11th May 2013, 21:02
NA-247 MQM 14293 and other candidate 0!!!!!!

:))) wth???
:butt

endymion248
LOL HAHAHHAHAHA
And what did those guys do for Pakistan in the last 60 odd years who HAD the experience of politics? Who had politics run in the families generation after generation. What did they do for you?

You should read full argument. Locally, PTI is populated by the offsprings of those guys you talk about. People who, 15 years ago, where standing with PML and PPP.

Badsha
Waleed Iqbal :(

Anfield
11th May 2013, 21:03
This is depressing. Lahore tilted to pmln.

IAJ
11th May 2013, 21:03
For me NA -56 is important. Come on Imran, you have to beat Haneef Abbassi

MR__KHAN__JI
11th May 2013, 21:05
I don't vote for people).

Big mistake.

insaftak
11th May 2013, 21:05
Waleed Iqbal getting a serious beat down :(

MR__KHAN__JI
11th May 2013, 21:06

PMLN way way ahead.

IAJ
11th May 2013, 21:06
From view of the parties:

PPP: 70+ seats
PML-N: 120-140 seats
PTI: the lady representing PTI on GEO didn't give any indication

Waseem
11th May 2013, 21:07
PMLN winning even in South Punjab, Shah Mahmood also losing.

PTI in my opinion is doing exactly how i expected so not disappointed but i expected people to go for new educated people regardless of party instead of old tried and tested who built roads

MR__KHAN__JI
11th May 2013, 21:08
Pakistan deserves what it gets after this. ....

Never mind. Better luck next time.

saeedhk
Things not looking good for PTI.

insaftak
Nawaz will win NA 68 :(

endymion248
11th May 2013, 21:09
From view of the parties:

PPP: 70+ seats
PML-N: 120-140 seats
PTI: the lady representing PTI on GEO didn't give any indication

Somewhere 30-50 would be a realistical expectation. Maybe a bit optimist.

saeedhk
11th May 2013, 21:09
Depressing.

Badsha
11th May 2013, 21:10
Haan. Mein Baaghi hun

akhtar fan
Pmln did badmashi in whole the country

IAJ
Lols seems like some PTI posters here already giving up and talking about next time. Calm down. Keep fighting.

Square Drive
Too early to say.

But which party's looking the most strong one at the moment?

Markhor
11th May 2013, 21:11
I don't vote for people, I vote for parties and what they stand for. When a party's only argument is that it is clean and honest, I expect them to at least not lose that. And then be hypocrite about it by pretending you will fire said people once you win. It's just a Bhutto bis repetita, a party striving for regional politics by regional polticians (other than Imran Khan).

But why do we expect politicians to be great moral guardians of society. A politicians' primary job is to get elected, and ALL politicians use the slogan of 'clean/honest' or 'change' as far back as I remember, we famously saw that with Obama in 08. At the end of the day IK is a politician and not some angel of morality some want him to be, if he has to make alliances then so be it.

Power without principles is empty, but principles without power is futile.

godzilla

Once a drop of ink stained the glass, which includes ''leadership'', he didn't have that anymore. Hence, people who are thinking that not voting for Imran Khan is a crime agaisnt humanity are seriously disillusioned.

what political experience exactly are you talking about? i really dont understand this argument at all, prinicipally because its invalid. the experience youre referring to is of massive scale traitorous corruption. no one in the right mind would want that as opposed to someone new.

even if one were to ignore that most obvious of issues, have you seen these experienced politicians speak? or do anything? theyre almost dictionary definitions of idiots. yuo cant ignore that these people have collectively put the country in the horrendous and fast deteriorating state it is in.

on top of all of that, its not like the new party has no political skill whatsoever. ik changed the nature of hustings in the country, and his party has been around for EIGHTEEN years. how much more experience do you need?

EVEN further, its clear to anyone and everyone that ik is pretty much by a huge number of miles the most honest of all candidates.

why the decision isnt completely obvious can only be explained by two things - an unusual and extra-ordinary lack of intelligence, or self interest. i suspect most of voters opposed to ik fall in that latter category, families that have leeched off the black blood of the country for decades.

Badsha
Guys, don't lose hope!

If we can form the government in KPK, we can improve at least one province of Pakistan and counter the terrorism there!

Apart from that, we'll be a fierce opposition!

IAJ
Somewhere 30-50 would be a realistical expectation. Maybe a bit optimist.

If you are talking about PPP then it was Saeed Ghani who said they will get 70+ seats

Badsha
11th May 2013, 21:12
Please, a request from me to all of you: stop arguing with endymion248.

Markhor

Nawaz League.

Anfield

PmlN

Runner Up
PTI to blame. They wanted the Election in time. Now accept it. Qadri must be laughing out loud sitting at his home.

endymion248
How long before curses against Pakistan turn into bitter accusations of dandli?

MR__KHAN__JI
Lols seems like some PTI posters here already giving up and talking about next time. Calm down. Keep fighting.

Its not about fighting.

It's about understanding Pakistani people. They want the country to continue on the path of corruption and militantism.

Campaign time is over. Face facts.

IAJ

PML-Nawaz

Cpt. Rishwat
11th May 2013, 21:13
Precisely, those expecting some kind of overnight revolution are being naive. Change comes gradually, PTI has to first be able to sit in opposition, build up their local bases, gain parliamentary experience and gradually they may get into government over time. People ought to calm down and wait for the final results.

Personally I think PTI has performed admirably and surpassed expectations so far. People in Pakistan vote tribally and usually for those they feel closest to regionally. You just have to see well educated types in Karachi who vote for MQM to see that, so to expect different from the uneducated masses is naive. In that context, PTI has exceeded expectations and t least is now on the map as a serious player. The question remains whether the PTI will still have the clout if Imran Khan isn't around to lead for whatever reason.

MR__KHAN__JI
How long before curses against Pakistan turn into bitter accusations of dandli?

Whats dandli

Goggy
Big mistake by Imran not to choose electables, he virtually had a free pick to take on all these old faces who are now leading the polls but opted for untested youth. I think the 35% tickets to youth should have been more like 5%

endymion248
If you are talking about PPP then it was Saeed Ghani who said they will get 70+ seats

PTI. Do we have any info about who is leading in KP and GB?

Badsha
DHA Phase 2 Islamabad polling station result for NA 49 . PTI 902, PmlN 226 PPP 13

proud of my residence :P

insaftak
11th May 2013, 21:14
NA 49 PTI is leading!!

Waseem
So far Dr Azhar Jadoon NA 17 , Javed Hashmi NA 48 & NA 71 Imran Khan seats look settled for PTI

Runner Up
He means Dhandli the Rigging

endymion248
Whats dandli

I am not use to english phonetics. Dandle? Dhandle? Tandlee? :P

iHammad
Approximately in how many hours can we predict the final result?

IAJ
MQM: 15+ seats according to Haidar Rizvi.

MR__KHAN__JI
11th May 2013, 21:15
Guys, don't lose hope!

If we can form the government in KPK, we can improve at least one province of Pakistan and counter the terrorism there!

That's the right attitude.

If he can improve a province he will get more credibility.

But fact remains that people have accepted corruption.

Therefore they are now partly culpable.

IAJ
PTI. Do we have any info about who is leading in KP and GB?

I think Haidar Rizvi of MQM said that PTI will get about 50 seats.

Badsha
Big mistake by Imran not to choose electables, he virtually had a free pick to take on all these old faces who are now leading the polls but opted for untested youth. I think the 35% tickets to youth should have been more like 5%

So what?

What's important?

Winning the elections with useless people?

or winning 30 seats but forming a PROPER oposition or whatever.

MR__KHAN__JI
11th May 2013, 21:16
I am not use to english phonetics. Dandle? Dhandle? Tandlee? :P

I still don't get it. ...

Need English translation.

shan
Another MQM fraud, NA-249 other candidate 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Markhor
If IK was to become Prime Minister by some quirk of fate, how would he take the Oath of Office ? You can hardly wheel him in on a stretcher, (not trying to be facetious by the way).

shah_1
11th May 2013, 21:17
No one will cross more than 100 seats

But PML N would have the majority seats around 80-90

insaftak
LOL all of candidates oppossing MQM in karachi are getting 0 votes :)))

IAJ
NA-68, Nawaz thumping PTI's Nor Hayat

Badsha
:Farooq Sattar, 5000. Abdul Aziz Memon, 0.

Waseem
Guys, don't lose hope!

I agree! This is why i never talked about clean sweep because i couldn't see how people can change so much overnight that a new party will win 120 + seats.

endymion248

In terms of culpability, it's always a lose/lose situation when you go voting in Pak. I do believe that, sometime in the next 5 years, PTI could be in the KP government coalition. Maybe even have the CM seat.

karachiite
11th May 2013, 21:18
Raja Parvez Ashraf losing!

MR__KHAN__JI
He means Dhandli the Rigging

There may be some rigging. .. but not too the extent that seriously affects the overall vote.

Fact is Pakistani People's are willingly voting for corruption despite having a credible anti corruption candidate. ...

Therefore they are now partially responsible for any corruption that takes place.

Badsha
I have to say, TUQ had a point.

endymion248
:Farooq Sattar, 5000. Abdul Aziz Memon, 0.

That, Gentlemen, is the real clean sweep from Bhai :yk

Anfield
11th May 2013, 21:19
Na49 pmln leading. smh

Markhor
Approximately in how many hours can we predict the final result?

Another 3/4 hours probably.

But you have to account for the sheer size of the country, irregularities and the possibility of recounts. Some legal challenges will no doubt be mounted too, so a final, accurate result could even be days.

IAJ
This Naz Baloch of PTI lady speaks well

endymion248
11th May 2013, 21:20
There may be some rigging. .. but not too the extent that seriously affects the overall vote.

Fact is Pakistani People's are willingly voting for corruption despite having a credible anti corruption candidate. ...

Therefore they are now partially responsible for any corruption that takes place.

I think, with this opinion, you will have to fight many PTI supporters.

insaftak
Imran Khan leading with 14K votes in NA56 :)

Runner Up

No Sir. People do want change but there were open rigging and I am saying again and again that because of this corrupt system, free and fair elections will never be arranged and Imran Khan to blame too. Why did he not join hands with Qadri when he wanted reformation in the System? Imran Khan was the one who said again and again that we want the elections. Either he was dumb or overconfident.

Brother ab teer kamaan se nikal chuka hai....

Badsha
11th May 2013, 21:21
MQM rigging is just world class

saeedhk

Exactly.

MR__KHAN__JI
In terms of culpability, it's always a lose/lose situation when you go voting in Pak. I do believe that, sometime in the next 5 years, PTI could be in the KP government coalition. Maybe even have the CM seat.

Perhaps in the future IK can get into power. Needs to demonstrate credibility by winning and running a province.

Culpability wise. .. The people are now definitely culpable.

In the past they could have claimed ignorance. ... Not now.

They have accepted it and deserve What's coming.

thelandofthebravepeople
11th May 2013, 21:22
Imran Khan should become president of PCB now.

endymion248
MQM rigging is just world class

Huge propaganda machinery+Armed wing=Win

Bewal Express
People vote for the corrupt and then complain that they are corrupt-dumb $--------. The people of Pakistan deserve everything they get. I said at the start that you should never unestimate the stupidity of the population and sadly too many have lived up to my stereotype.

insaftak
Lahore is tilting towards PMLN>

Runner Up
11th May 2013, 21:24
lol Even SMQ is not leading.

Means electables kuch nahi kar sakte.

DJANGO
lahore is even anything can happen

MR__KHAN__JI
No Sir. People do want change but there were open rigging and I am saying again and again that because of this corrupt system, free and fair elections will never be arranged and Imran Khan to blame too. Why did he not join hands with Qadri when he wanted reformation in the System? Imran Khan was the one who said again and again that we want the elections. Either he was dumb or overconfident.

Brother ab teer kamaan se nikal chuka hai....

So what if he wanted elections? Or not?

Fact is there is an election and the Masses have voted for corruption.

So no one can complain now.

If I was the Person being voted for I would do even more corruption. .. people have willingly accepted it.

Long live Corruptistan.

Badsha
11th May 2013, 21:25
Imran Khan should become president of PCB now.

This is a person who NEVER gives up.

He will try and form an opposition now.

saeedhk
11th May 2013, 21:25
People vote for the corrupt and then complain that they are corrupt-dumb $--------. The people of Pakistan deserve everything they get. I said at the start that you should never unestimate the stupidity of the population and sadly too many have lived up to my stereo type.

My father said the same thing.

Goggy
11th May 2013, 21:27
Whole of karachi needs a re-election!! How the hell can the other candidates only get 0 votes

MVP26
11th May 2013, 21:28
Seems like the only major cities pti is leading are Peshawer and Pindi/ Islamabad.

baalti
11th May 2013, 21:29
IK's fall has hurt their winnings a lot...

insaftak
Khan Sahab losing NA 122 lahore. Sharam kero Lahorio!!!

Runner Up
So what if he wanted elections? Or not?

Fact is there is an election and the Masses have voted for corruption.

So no one can complain now.

If I was the Person being voted for I would do even more corruption. .. people have willingly accepted it.

Long live Corruptistan.
Bhai mere I am saying again and again. There were khullam khulla rigging going on even in Punjab. TV channels showed live how people were forcing people to vote for their candidates.

Long live corrupt system (Which needed to be sort out before the elections).

Please don't blame people. If system is in order, everything in order.

Markhor
11th May 2013, 21:30
People vote for the corrupt and then complain that they are corrupt-dumb $--------. The people of Pakistan deserve everything they get. I said at the start that you should never unestimate the stupidity of the population and sadly too many have lived up to my stereotype.

But name me one country in which a party has gone from 0 seats to forming the government. Opposition is a good start.

Badsha
My father said the same thing.

No offence but tell your father than the whole of NA 250 was standing to vote for PTI but MQM had different plans.

Even in interior sindh rigging has happened. How do you expect people to vote when rigging like this happens?

wasim-fan
Perhaps in the future IK can get into power. Needs to demonstrate credibility by winning and running a province.

Culpability wise. .. The people are now definitely culpable.

In the past they could have claimed ignorance. ... Not now.

They have accepted it and deserve What's coming.

I think Imran running a model province would be great for him also. All said and done he has no governance experience.

I won't be too harsh on people. All our lives in sub continent gets dictated by identity and insecurity that stems from. Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Pashtun, Pathan, Punjabi, Sindhi etc. You are trying to break years of programming. They are concerned about corruption, but they are more insecured about their identities. Unfortunately, our identities have become about things we hate or are weary off than things we want for a better world.

It will take time, but it ll happen. Kudos to him. He is my man.

Goggy
11th May 2013, 21:31

I heard the noora's took bewal in PP-3? Is thats confirmed?

Badsha
11th May 2013, 21:31
Khan Sahab losing NA 122 lahore. Sharam kero Lahorio!!!

holy cra-

MR__KHAN__JI
11th May 2013, 21:32
Bhai mere I am saying again and again. There were khullam khulla rigging going on even in Punjab. TV channels showed live how people were forcing people to vote for their candidates.

Long live corrupt system (Which needed to be sort out before the elections).

Please don't blame people. If system is in order, everything in order.

The rigging won't impact the overall result unless it's close.

The Pakistani people are definitely to blame. ...

I'm pretty sure the American people arent voting in the ejection.

wasim-fan
But name me one country in which a party has gone from 0 seats to forming the government. Opposition is a good start.

This. It is great start.

farazaidi
why so negativity? relax guys. Results are not even 50% out yet :)

I'm sure PTI will end up as the biggest party in federation. Who else agrees with me?

Markhor
Fear for Punjab province. With Nawaz League back in power, Lashkar-e-Janghvi and Sipah-e-Sahaba will be allowed to roam freely.

Badsha
11th May 2013, 21:33
Ganja sweeping now :(

DJANGO
people need chilax its not haif way there naya pakistan wil get aleast 100 seats INSHALLAH

MVP26
Lahoris are all talk but no action. They will be doing the most whining when the fat takla robs the country even further.

MR__KHAN__JI
11th May 2013, 21:34
I think Imran running a model province would be great for him also. All said and done he has no governance experience.

I won't be too harsh on people. All our lives in sub continent gets dictated by identity and insecurity that stems from. Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Pashtun, Pathan, Punjabi, Sindhi etc. You are trying to break years of programming. They are concerned about corruption, but they are more insecured about their identities. Unfortunately, our identities have become about things we hate or are weary off than things we want for a better world.

Agreed.

But the people are still culpable whatever the reasons.

Corruption has been legitimised by the people.

MR__KHAN__JI
11th May 2013, 21:35

Agreed.

He needs to demonstrate credibility in one province.

Hope he does win one province.

Cpt. Rishwat
11th May 2013, 21:36

I agree with this. If we look at Karachi where even educated folk will vote according to regional and tribal bias when they support MQM, it's a lot to expect for an overnight transformation in less developed regions. PTI is now on the map. IK needed a stint in power sooner rather than later though, as whether he will still be around for the next election is a question mark. Will he still have the same fire? Will PTI mean much without his personality?

Badsha
Urban polling booths arrive first. Get ready for PML N votes now.

Where is DJANGO who was telling us we're dumb for trusting these polls?

akhtar fan
Hawa tight!!!

Badsha
11th May 2013, 21:37
Guys, just pray Imran gets KPK at least.

saeedhk
11th May 2013, 21:38
If Nawaz wins then ,Bye bye Pakistan.

MR__KHAN__JI
11th May 2013, 21:39
Fear for Punjab province. With Nawaz League back in power, Lashkar-e-Janghvi and Sipah-e-Sahaba will be allowed to roam freely.

Pakistan deserves it. .... knowingly accepted.

Wasim_Waqar
The people need their heads examining if PTI don't win here.

the Great Khan
Look give PTI credit..they will make a very good opposition..trust me ganja wont last ong unless he changes tac..
Corruption zindabaad..

Runner Up
Imran Khan can make better opposition. Not the friendly one which we saw last time.

wasim-fan
11th May 2013, 21:40

On the contrary, I think he will be under pressure to deliver. He knows that he has one shot at it. PTI's presence in system ( probably as opposition ) makes huge difference.

MR__KHAN__JI

Say bye bye then.

endymion248
If Imran Khan wins KPK alone, it is a bad sign.

PML-N will with-holld funds and, generally, since he's not an extraordinary manager, it will probably go worse, hence harming PTI in next elections.

saadibaba
11th May 2013, 21:41

Good post !

DW44
11th May 2013, 21:42
Seems like the only major cities pti is leading are Peshawer and Pindi/ Islamabad.

No coincidence that Islamabad, Pindi and Peshawar are number 1, 2 and 3 respectively in Pakistan in terms of literacy rate.

Badsha
Sigh...

Markhor
Ganja sweeping now :(

If I was a minority I'd get the heck outta the province as Nawaz League's allies the LEJ and SSP are going to make life hell.

If Nawaz has any sense he'd stop using these militants as electoral allies or they'll soon turn their guns on him.

MRSN
11th May 2013, 21:43
Duniya News showing about PTI leading on 15 NA seats..

Asim2Good
Geo report, so far they have some results from 210 seats and so far
PML-N is leading on 110 seats
PTI is leading on 32 seats
PPP is leading on 31 seats

shah_1
Look like it is 30-40 seats for PTI

PML N 90-100+

Friend786
11th May 2013, 21:44
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>(Live updates) MQM candidate arrested for submitting duplicate vote <a href="http://t.co/MjcdsJNRVI" title="http://tribune.com.pk/story/547712/mqm-candidate-arrested-for-submitting-duplicate-vote/">tribune.com.pk/story/547712/m…</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Pakistan">#Pakistan</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Elections2013">#Elections2013</a></p>&mdash; The Express Tribune (@etribune) <a href="https://twitter.com/etribune/status/333248068860379138">May 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Badsha
I'm proud KpK has voted for the right person :)

DJANGO
Urban polling booths arrive first. Get ready for PML N votes now.

Where is DJANGO who was telling us we're dumb for trusting these polls?

Im here and yes when results aren't even 50 percent and people make judgments this bugs me off

PB
11th May 2013, 21:45
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>(live updates) mqm candidate arrested for submitting duplicate vote <a href="http://t.co/mjcdsjnrvi" title="http://tribune.com.pk/story/547712/mqm-candidate-arrested-for-submitting-duplicate-vote/">tribune.com.pk/story/547712/m…</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23pakistan">#pakistan</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23elections2013">#elections2013</a></p>&mdash; the express tribune (@etribune) <a href="https://twitter.com/etribune/status/333248068860379138">may 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:))

Markhor

Damn that's a landslide so far for PML-N !

Badsha
If I was a minority I'd get the heck outta the province as Nawaz League's allies the LEJ and SSP are going to make life hell.

If Nawaz has any sense he'd stop using these militants as electoral allies or they'll soon turn their guns on him.

You're right about that.

One major thing about Imran was I believed he could (and still might be able to in KPK) solve the problem of terrorism.

With Nawaz, the situation is going to get worse.

DJANGO
a lot of time left and so many more stations left

Bewal Express
I heard the noora's took bewal in PP-3? Is thats confirmed?

I am in the UK but the if its true then my distant cousin(Javed Kosar) who is the candidate for the PTI would obviously be losing. I spoke to another cousin a couple of days ago and he said it was very close. If Bewal is taken by the nooras then i would be desperately disappointed as it is relatively educated area.

Runner Up
11th May 2013, 21:46
Shaikh Rasheed is winning. Keeping in mind his track record, he might join party in power.

kashmirikhan
11th May 2013, 21:46

I agree. Democracy is a continuous process of improvement, already we have seen a lot of positives from this election. Imran Khan has proven to be an alternative force. Many people have come out to vote when previously they haven't. Women have been given chances to vote for whom they like when previously they have been restrained. People are actually giving a chance to the system. It will take years to change mentality and attitudes of people. Hopefully InshaAllah if Imran Khan wins at least KP, it's another opportunity to showcase what his party can do for the people!

arsalan660
11th May 2013, 21:48
PTI getting around 35.

Big surprise People here thought Ahsan Iqbal will lose but Ibrar ul Haq losing big time.

MVP26
11th May 2013, 21:49
No coincidence that Islamabad, Pindi and Peshawar are number 1, 2 and 3 respectively in Pakistan in terms of literacy rate.

True

Atleast I can hold my hat off to my city and halqa for opting for change.

Friend786
11th May 2013, 21:49
young candidates didn't perform well.

Badsha
11th May 2013, 21:50
Ch Ilyas, who had no chance, is giving dr Tariq Fazul Chaudhry a very tough fight in NA 49!

Badsha
11th May 2013, 21:51

This mainly.

shaz619
Pakistan election ‘live’: PML(N) leading in 110 and PTI in 32 constituencies: Report
Vote counting underway across the country; Ex-PM Raja Parvez Ashraf losing; Imran, Nawaz, Shahbaz, Fazalur Rahman, Sheikh Rashid winning their seats; PTI leading in KPK

http://www.emirates247.com/pakistan-election-live-pml-n-leading-in-110-and-pti-in-32-constituencies-report-2013-05-11-1.505940

MRSN
PTI getting around 35.

Big surprise People here thought Ahsan Iqbal will lose but Ibrar ul Haq losing big time.

Abrar only got the nazriyati vote...which will increase for PTI in next elections all over Pakistan.

saeedhk

Sad if true.

Markhor
11th May 2013, 21:52
What on earth, JUI-F with 10 seats so far.

Mullah Diesel will be grinning from ear to ear as we type.

Imr4n_Khan
There is lot of rigging going on and if PTI can prove that in court than the party/candidates that did rigging might be disqualified and PTI will get the seats.

Anfield
electables winning. No change no naya Pakistan.

MRSN
11th May 2013, 21:53

so Haroon ur Rashid was right..

Paradox
11th May 2013, 21:53
Sigh. You will never change, Pakistan. You never deserved anyone like IK, and you never will :)

Friend786
11th May 2013, 21:54
Abrar only got the nazriyati vote...which will increase for PTI in next elections all over Pakistan.

and it was massively rigged by ahsan iqbal.

endymion248
I can't believe the short-sightedness of those who are happy for Imran Khan to lead in KPK.

akhtar fan
Dhandli dhandli dhandli

Paradox
11th May 2013, 21:55
How many seats has PTI lost with all the ballot-stealing, rigging, and vote buying that has gone on today?

Runner Up
Even if PML N take 110 seats doesn't mean they will make Govt. But then IK will have to make deal with other parties.

Waseem
PTI sweeping Peshawar city, proud of those people who are trusting a person who hasn't even built a road there over people who have ruled province for 5 years.

Sheikh Rasheed also in very comfortable position.

Murad Saeed thumping big names in Swat and PTI candidate also taking good lead over Ameer Muqam

saeedhk
Sigh. You will never change, Pakistan. You never deserved anyone like IK, and you never will :)

Well said.

Asim2Good
11th May 2013, 21:57
ARY & Geo fighting who gave first result of election lols
ARY running add that they showed result at 4:55 and showing that Geo showed first result at 4:59 lols

Markhor
11th May 2013, 21:59
If PPP finish third then Zardari's days are numbered for September Presidential elections as he won't get enough Electoral College votes. PML-N and PTI will then have to agree on a joint candidate ?

MRSN
ARY & Geo fighting who gave first result of election lols
ARY running add that they showed result at 4:55 and showing that Geo showed first result at 4:59 lols

Duniya News too..:dav

MR__KHAN__JI
I can't believe the short-sightedness of those who are happy for Imran Khan to lead in KPK.

I see his quandary. ...

Is likely he will become a lame duck.

thelandofthebravepeople
11th May 2013, 22:00
Anyone know about Mehmood Khan Achakzai?

the Great Khan
11th May 2013, 22:00
Majority of the"youth" vote for ganja lol..then they cry about not being listened to..mitha tukr kha lo hoan..

insaftak
11th May 2013, 22:01
NA 122 Khan sahab leading!!!

GentleMan
11th May 2013, 22:01
whoever wins, it is the win of democracy. good to see such a huge turnout. in the end the voice of people is the voice of god.

Watsupdoc
11th May 2013, 22:02
Be positive people! Good things are to come. Just be positive!

Badsha
Tough fight for Imrans Lahore seat.

Paradox
Oh well. Dream is slowly ending for PTI

PerfectionPersonified

true and feel sorry for people who are celebrating PML N success as if something will change
Ata - 100Rs/kg
Petrol - 160Rs/lit
Suger 120Rs/kg
Rice 220Rs/kg
Electricity 55Rs / unit in darkness
No cng
No sui gas...
Thanks to all those who voted PML(n) and pppp n vl sooner hav these valueable gifts.

shah_1
11th May 2013, 22:03
Even if PML N take 110 seats doesn't mean they will make Govt. But then IK will have to make deal with other parties.

That would be a suicide, if he does so

Naya Pakistan message would be gone with the wind, so would be PTI existence for the next election. It is better he stays in opposition

saeedhk
11th May 2013, 22:03
Okay guys,Ill sleep now.Hopefully,tomorrow there's a good news.

Markhor
11th May 2013, 22:05
Oh well. Dream is slowly ending for PTI

Again, name me one country in which a party with 0 seats, with no administrative track record, goes on to form the government ? Opposition is a good base to build on.

Badsha
11th May 2013, 22:06
whoever wins, it is the win of democracy. good to see such a huge turnout. in the end the voice of people is the voice of god.

RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED. HOW DO YOU GUYS NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?!
HOW IS THIS DEMOCRACY?

And SMQ is seecond now. This is going to be tough.

Paradox
11th May 2013, 22:06
Very sad to see.

asifp
11th May 2013, 22:07
Game over Pakistan, dont know how long this country will last anymore.

People have shown they care about their bradri and zaat more than they care about Pakistan.

No change in the villages at all. Something for PTI to learn where to focus their campaing. Big change missed by not campaigning in Villages and interior Sind.

Ganja Raaz Zindabad, bye bye Pakistan

DJANGO
11th May 2013, 22:07
dream is on dont give up

Paradox
11th May 2013, 22:08
Again, anybody have an approx. idea of how many seats PTI has lost because of this rigging and ballot stealing and all this?

Badsha
11th May 2013, 22:08
Again, name me one country in which a party with 0 seats, with no administrative track record, goes on to form the government ? Opposition is a good base to build on.

Right now some people are just becoming very emotional. You are saying the right thing though. Change comes slowly. Even 30-40 seats is very good for us.

A government in KPK will also be good and can act as a test match for us

the Great Khan
11th May 2013, 22:09
Enough of this dream ending crap..this is just the beginninh..ganjss first month will be dealing with bankruptcy.i said it before that a stint in opposition would be good for IK..plus now he can build his two hospitals ...

He will have some power to maje a difference..inshallah in three yrs time PTI tsunami will return..

Sjaloha
11th May 2013, 22:09
It seems like PMLN is going to win in a landslide victory and most likely will form the new government. This is not a surprise as it was all expected, especially after the dismal performance from the secular parties in the last 5 years.

I think credit must be given to PTI for bringing the race this close. I am sure PTI will win seats but it will be nowhere near the PMLN.

Veekay
11th May 2013, 22:10
true and feel sorry for people who are celebrating PML N success as if something will change
Ata - 100Rs/kg
Petrol - 160Rs/lit
Suger 120Rs/kg
Rice 220Rs/kg
Electricity 55Rs / unit in darkness
No cng
No sui gas...
Thanks to all those who voted PML(n) and pppp n vl sooner hav these valueable gifts.

those are serious numbers .

asifp
Massive rigging for sure all over Pakistan.

DW44
Anyone know about Mehmood Khan Achakzai?

Done well. Leading the race for his seat so far. Well deserved too.

karachiite
11th May 2013, 22:12
Enough of this dream ending crap..this is just the beginninh..ganjss first month will be dealing with bankruptcy.i said it before that a stint in opposition would be good for IK..plus now he can build his two hospitals ...

He will have some power to maje a difference..inshallah in three yrs time PTI tsunami will return..

Would be nice to get around 50 seats though. Otherwise we'll just hear taanay about how IK got rejected by the people. Also a weak PMLN government is more likely to crumble within 3 years than one which has 100+ seats.

Paradox
:(

insaftak
PMLN is clearly leading.

Next step Taking control of Lahore via Local government elections and electoral reforms.

thelandofthebravepeople
11th May 2013, 22:13
Done well. Leading the race for his seat so far. Well deserved too.

Thanks for information.

Bilbo
NS wins from Sargodha

Reverselap
And people wonder why we have TTF's like Farhat, Malik, et all in the team. The majority likes TTFs

MRSN
Imran Khan leading by at least 5000 votes against Hanif Abbasi.

Cpt. Rishwat
11th May 2013, 22:14

Exactly.

Sjaloha
11th May 2013, 22:15
Massive rigging for sure all over Pakistan.

This is Pakistan. There are I am sure some cases of poll rigging, but thatis how elections are done in Pakistan. If you think the election process in Pakistan is similar to the US, then you are wrong. As long people polling agents are not stuffing the ballot boxes, I think it is not too bad.

Badsha
11th May 2013, 22:16
Exactly.

Yes. Ballot boxes ripped. Polling booths locked. DEMOCRACY!

MRSN
PML N winning in Faisalabad..

asifp
Clean sweet by PML N in Faisalabad all 9 seats!. bye bye Pakistan

Sandeep
11th May 2013, 22:17
It will be great if there is a single largest party instead of a coalition ala India! Compromises will be made, corruption will rule! People will be at loss!

Waseem
According to sources PMLN leading on 9 Faisalabad, all Okara, Gujranwala and Sialkot seats :)

DJANGO
kpk is ours pti has done well

MRSN
Amjad Ali Khan(PTI) leading by 64,000 votes in Mianwali.

Goggy
11th May 2013, 22:18
I am in the UK but the if its true then my distant cousin(Javed Kosar) who is the candidate for the PTI would obviously be losing. I spoke to another cousin a couple of days ago and he said it was very close. If Bewal is taken by the nooras then i would be desperately disappointed as it is relatively educated area.

Unconfirmed reports that iftikhar warsi has won PP-3 and javed ikhlas has a huge lead over raja rental in NA-51, PTI is trailing there.

asifp
11th May 2013, 22:18
This is Pakistan. There are I am sure some cases of poll rigging, but thatis how elections are done in Pakistan. If you think the election process in Pakistan is similar to the US, then you are wrong. As long people polling agents are not stuffing the ballot boxes, I think it is not too bad.

People selling their nation to make a quick buck and stuff ballot boxes, shame on them.

Kianig89
11th May 2013, 22:19
Here in NA-54 i've voted for PTI on both seats also lot of excitement here about the chances of PTI...............urban Punjab has done very well for PTI..........but its a people of gao (villages) where unfortunately literacy rate is very low and that's why thugs n looters might came back................Still PTI will win 50+ seats....be postive

wasim-fan
11th May 2013, 22:19
I think now is not the right time. But Insaftak or maybe some other volunteers at PTI could shed light on how much were they able to penetrate lower stratas of society. It is clear that lot of young middle class internet savvy voters were with them. Maybe some chunk of right wingers also.

asifp
11th May 2013, 22:20
It will be great if there is a single largest party instead of a coalition ala India! Compromises will be made, corruption will rule! People will be at loss!

Nawaz had majority in 1997 and within 2-3 years people were celebrating him getting kicked out!!

PML-N has also showed their gunda gardi today.

Veekay
Clean sweet by PML N in Faisalabad all 9 seats!. bye bye Pakistan

that bad ?

MRSN
Sarwar beats Chaudhry Nisar according to Mubashar Luqman.

Badsha
11th May 2013, 22:21
Abrar ul haq has been out riggedf.

Sjaloha
11th May 2013, 22:21
Here is the trend of these election results:

All urban areas between central Punjab and the Peshawer, PTI will do okay and I am sure most of their seats will come from this area. However, the only exception are those areas which are close to any factory or industrial zones. These areas usually or typically favor traditional parties like PML or PPP.

All the constituencies in Faislabad, Gujrat, Gujranawala and all other major divions around Lahore will most likely be dominated by PMLN. It would be one hell of a job for any party to take these seats. Also,this is the area where a bulk of the seats for the NA will come, and looks like PMLN will most likely will get this.

cricketworm
11th May 2013, 22:22
May be I am thinking wrong, but I think coalition party is good for Pakistan at the moment. At least something will be done in name of compromise. Funding/tax money may get distributed well.

PennOne
The lesser devil is still a devil but Pakistan seems to have chosen the worst devil. Purana terrorist loving Pakistan is back!

asifp
Shame on the PTI leadership for not pushing for overseas Pakistani vote.

Couldk have swung many seats in their favour

insaftak
11th May 2013, 22:23
Electables won!!!

Badsha
11th May 2013, 22:23
NA 49 is very close

Waseem
11th May 2013, 22:24
Congratulations, Ghulam Bilour has accepted defeat against Imran Khan :)

Asim2Good
it ll b better than last 5 years for sure
firstly PTI ll have some seats and ll b sitting at opposition benches rather than only in tv shows like last 5 years
and secondly PML-N ll do much better than Zardari n co

Cpt. Rishwat
I am surprised that PMLN has done so well in Lahore, I would have thought PTI had a good chance of making inroads there. Rural Punjab was always going to favour Nawaz but it seems even the major city backs him.

Sjaloha
May be I am thinking wrong, but I think coalition party is good for Pakistan at the moment. At least something will be done in name of compromise. Funding/tax money may get distributed well.

The fact that PMLN is winning the election or it seems like they are winning, it does not mean that they will form the government. This is Pakistan my friend :)

asifp
No better symbol than Sher, easy to remember, easy to vote.

PTI symbol was so and so, need a symbol which ppl can relate with easier!

thelandofthebravepeople
11th May 2013, 22:25
Bilour Gone. Good riddance.

Badsha
Electables truly did win.

Gabbar Singh
Too many wrist slitters on here - politics is a marathon not a sprint.

Even 20 or 30 seats for Imran is a massive foundation to build on.

Badsha
11th May 2013, 22:27
No better symbol than Sher, easy to remember, easy to vote.

PTI symbol was so and so, need a symbol which ppl can relate with easier!

No offence but this is the stupidest reason yet.

Anyway, I feel really happy. Peshawer seems liberated! PTI is there!

shaz619
What the hell man, i was hoping to finish my degree in the UK and get a job in pakistan if imran khan came in to power. No point now, but i really hope PTI make nawaz sharifs tenature like hell!!

Sjaloha
I am surprised that PMLN has done so well in Lahore, I would have thought PTI had a good chance of making inroads there. Rural Punjab was always going to favour Nawaz but it seems even the major city backs him.

PTI is certainly a new wave in the country and they will get votes. However, beating someone in elections, especially those who have been using their "baradris", money and political clout, it is very hard. I am sure PTI is only going to learn more as how to win elections in the future.

Badsha
11th May 2013, 22:28

This.

30-40 seats from 0 is excellent.

cricketworm
The fact that PMLN is winning the election or it seems like they are winning, it does not mean that they will form the government. This is Pakistan my friend :)

Means they will need to partner up with other parties. Whom are they likely to do? PPP, ANP, PTI or MQM?

karachiite
Electables won!!!

Lesson for next time? Hopefully the youngsters will learn from this experience and conduct a better campaign next time.

Cpt. Rishwat

:19:

The most balanced views coming from Indians. Not having an investment in the outcome helps to see the bigger picture.

baalti
11th May 2013, 22:29
so PTI unofficially wins the first NA seat this elections as their opponent showcased the white flag and accepted defeat long before counting was done...

speed
Last election for a while, army will step in before nawaz can finish his term, guy is worse then zardari.

Maher96
N ik would have lost the rest of people.

Only hope for ahmadis in pakistan is ik.

karachiite
11th May 2013, 22:30
it ll b better than last 5 years for sure
firstly PTI ll have some seats and ll b sitting at opposition benches rather than only in tv shows like last 5 years
and secondly PML-N ll do much better than Zardari n co

Agreed. Nawaz>>>>>Zardari. And IK in opposition raising hell. Win win situation :)

shaz619

The most balanced views coming from Indians. Not having an investment in the outcome helps to see the bigger picture.

We could learn alot from our neighbours, idiocity prevails more often though and we want to start wars with them for the fun of it...

baalti
celebrations on in Peshawar

Momin Baig
ye qaum martial law ke dande hi ke qabil hey

Sjaloha
If I am a PTI supporter or a leader, I would be or should be very pleased with the eleciton results. Especially, if you look close to these results, PTI candiates are getting a good number of votes. Now these are the votes for a party which did not have any seat 5 years ago. Not bad.

Sandeep

Wonderfully put! However, we hope for a stable, democratic Pakistan! Elections in Pakistan is a great news to us

MVP26
11th May 2013, 22:31
I predict the takla will be kicked out in 2-3 years.

AZ
http://weknowmemes.com/generator/uploads/generated/g1368291453926896432.jpg

Wassixpakistani
The Election Commission has failed terribly here in Karachi ..! I was voting for the first time today and the rigging was outrageous , not to mention the frigging ballot box got stolen ! . I used to be a huge supporter of Pak Army , but not any-more .

Still , Imran Khan has come far from having just won a seat back in 97 . I really hope Electronic votes are introduced in the near future because this voting system is flawed .

karachiite
11th May 2013, 22:32
Saad Rafique losing. Should have joined PTI when he had the chance :)

endymion248
11th May 2013, 22:33

It depends. Is Imran Khan building for the long term and his seat count will rise election by election?

Was this a one-time massive campaign based on exploiting a small window of opportunity, now forever closed with only 20 or 30 seats yielded?

Givene how ''one-man'' army PTI is, I don't think this is a good foundation for PTI. If they need 10 years more to come in power, with such mediocrity in the extra-Imran and Hashmi scene, whatever supporters say, they have to win next elections.

Sjaloha
Means they will need to partner up with other parties. Whom are they likely to do? PPP, ANP, PTI or MQM?

Most likely. If I was Asif Ali Zardari, I would be thrilled to see where these election results are going. Total seats in the parliament are 352. Even if PMLN wins over 100+ seats in Punjab, they need coalition parters to form government. Giving their recent track record, I am not sure how that would happen.

AZulfi
Naya KPK :imran

Bewal Express
Unconfirmed reports that iftikhar warsi has won PP-3 and javed ikhlas has a huge lead over raja rental in NA-51, PTI is trailing there.

I am too depressed to phone anyone in Bewal. Ch Iftekhar is the one that gets criminals released after they rob peoples houses(speaking from family experience). The people get what they deserve.

MRSN
11th May 2013, 22:34
Imtiaz Shahid(PTI) wins from Kohat from PK-39 with 10400 votes.

justarslan
According to ARY, PTI win PK-39 seat.

MRSN
PTI looks like forming govt. in KPK - Kashif Abbasi.

Anfield
11th May 2013, 22:35
N league with electables cruising in central and south punjab.

justarslan
This.

30-40 seats from 0 is excellent.

This and making the provincial govt. in KP would be awesome.

baalti
PK 39 goes to PTI....10K votes to 6K votes...

insaaniyat
ye qaum martial law ke dande hi ke qabil hey

Exactly. Yeh kaum deserves the worse.