PDA

View Full Version : Official Pakistan 2013 General Elections thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Indiafan
12th May 2013, 00:13
Someone answer my stupid question, who will be CM kpk now?

Isn't CM election different from the center election? What system of parliament does Pak follow? In India election for each state, to chose regional party and the CM is different from the one to form government at the center.

Friend786
12th May 2013, 00:13
predict PML-N first scheme?

cynical
12th May 2013, 00:14
koi nai bois... hosla rakho!

Runner Up
Yellow Donkeys

Reverselap
Corruption Sikhae Scheme?

shan
So PPP voters simply voted N this time around? Pathetic! 90% turn over was needed to change anything!

Mamoon
12th May 2013, 00:15
predict PML-N first scheme?

Glorify lahore and let the rest of the country suffer

MRSN
I hope ganja dont win majority but i cant expect much from Pakistan.

What if he doesn't?They are still going to form govt...no?

SwingNSeam
Congrats punjab-in particular LHR...You will get everything while the rest of the Pak is left to rot.

oyei
12th May 2013, 00:16
Congrates, this time we will have yellow plane, yellow train, yellow bus, yellow cycle

Badsha
:( hoti has also won

jaspa888
Then that would completely ruin Imran Khan's hard work. You need continued democracy for people like Imran Khan to come to power. During this period of democracy, Imran was able to work hard to increase his seats.This election was too early for him but by next election his party has a good chance. If you interrupt democracy again, things will be back to square one and then after that, corrupt people will again come to power. People of Pakistan need to be patient, democracy is a long hard road, its not an over-night solution

This is a country where 90% of population are uneducated and live below the poverty line. They don't vote for ideals, they vote for what they think puts food on the table. It's a country that's taken 70 years for its first completed democratically elected term to be completed.

Two factions control the country: the army and the elite. It is in both parties interest to keep the country in a mess (sectarian and ethnic mayhem) because it creates a need for security forces, and keeps the masses too mentally occupied to ask why 1% of the population have 90% of the wealth.

Runner Up
Even 37 seats is a MASSIVE win as compare to last 1 seat. Can play a very good opposition role.

DW44
12th May 2013, 00:17
Self Delete.
Apparently there's a gag order that I missed.

Mamoon
12th May 2013, 00:17
Congratulations, Bhutto worshippers have made sure PPP overtakes PTI.

Pak_Jazba
12th May 2013, 00:18
Nawaz Shareef saying 'qom ki khatir sab ko ikhatta karna chahta hu'.

How Sweet.

shah_1
12th May 2013, 00:19
It was through democratic process, and we have to respect that. I don't believe that they won through rigging, it is such a huge margin.

Pak_Jazba
12th May 2013, 00:20
Congratulations, Bhutto worshippers have made sure PPP overtakes PTI.

This is a whole cycle. With such performance of PPP, and still they are able to win 40 odd seats. Watch them play the Bilawal & Shaheed card next elections & get 60-70 minimum.

Mamoon
12th May 2013, 00:21
This is a whole cycle. With such performance of PPP, and still they are able to win 40 odd seats. Watch them play the Bilawal & Shaheed card next elections & get 60-70 minimum.

True, it's their God given right to rule this country. We should replace Jinnah with Benazir on our notes.

Pak_Jazba
12th May 2013, 00:22
It was through democratic process, and we have to respect that. I don't believe that they won through rigging, it is such a huge margin.

Not in the biggest city of Pakistan, and certainly not in some parts of Sindh & Punjab. There were amount of incidents of rigging i got a hold of from Karachi which were unreported. I can predict similar instances in many constituencies all over Punjab.

Democracy was a farce!

Imr4n_Khan
How many seats does each party currently have?

shan

And they didnt even try!

Markhor
Self Delete.
Apparently there's a gag order that I missed.

If I were a minority I'd get the heck outta the province. With PML-N firmly in pocket of LEJ/SSP there will be in effect, state-sponsored militantcy.

Bewal Express
With the last PPP being an omnishambles-this Noora govt will look competent and dynamic in comparison. I see the Nooras dominating the scene for the next 2 elections at least unless the IMF programme hits the population hard and then they may see sense.

Mamoon
12th May 2013, 00:23
Fate of Musharraf now?

insaftak
12th May 2013, 00:24
Oye Meinu Koi Jhappee Paway Hoye!!!

Badsha
12th May 2013, 00:26
I will ask again. Who will be CM Kpk

bilawal666
12th May 2013, 00:26
guys on geo the are showing the assembly seats for everyone. are these confirmed or just estimates?

Badsha
12th May 2013, 00:27
Yaar KpK mein hum ne sweep kya hai. Manna pare ga.

Bewal Express
There is some light at the end of the tunnel-all the Gilanis losing.Source Geo

Runner Up
guys on geo the are showing the assembly seats for everyone. are these confirmed or just estimates?
Estimated.

DW44
If I were a minority I'd get the heck outta the province. With PML-N firmly in pocket of LEJ/SSP there will be in effect, state-sponsored militantcy.

Technically, as a Pukhtoon, I'm an ethnic minority and as an agnostic, a religious minority who, as a former Muslim, would probably be even higher up on the extremists' radar. Islamabad, with its proximity to Punjab, heavily Punjabi population and as the seat of the N led federal government suddenly doesn't feel like too great a place to live in anymore. It's probably time to get out of dodge and move back home, Peshawar.

DJANGO
im very upset really thought that we would change but nawaz has won

Khaleefa
Oye Meinu Koi Jhappee Paway Hoye!!!

Sir ji ki Hoya?

Khaleefa
12th May 2013, 00:28
Ppp will win the next election. Guaranteed !!!

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 00:28
Fate of Musharraf now?
Interesting

If Nawaz takes him on, will be fun as his relation with army in the past not good.

insaftak
12th May 2013, 00:29
Sir ji ki Hoya?

LOL Yeh sab PPP ka qasoor hai... They have been routed in Punjab. idiots.

Indiafan
12th May 2013, 00:30
This is a country where 90% of population are uneducated and live below the poverty line. They don't vote for ideals, they vote for what they think puts food on the table. It's a country that's taken 70 years for its first completed democratically elected term to be completed.

Two factions control the country: the army and the elite. It is in both parties interest to keep the country in a mess (sectarian and ethnic mayhem) because it creates a need for security forces, and keeps the masses too mentally occupied to ask why 1% of the population have 90% of the wealth.

And that is why you need continued democracy for at least 2-3 decades for things to change and people to learn power of vote

Markhor
12th May 2013, 00:31

If PTI have won most KPK provincial seats then whoever they appoint (?)

shan
12th May 2013, 00:31
So at the end N sweeped the elections.

MRSN
12th May 2013, 00:32
LOL Yeh sab PPP ka qasoor hai... They have been routed in Punjab. idiots.

even PML (Q)

justarslan
12th May 2013, 00:33

Will it be Imran Khan? He did win the seat in KP.

shan
12th May 2013, 00:33
It seem you need PPP, PTI and Q combined votes to compete with N in Punjab.

UmarAkmals-fan
12th May 2013, 00:34
today is the day ive lost total sympathy and trust for Pakistan

how stupid can ppl be ..for 65 yrs they have been looted by these crooks yet they vote for them again and again ....

welcome back to purana Pakistan

and well done ppl of KPR ..

Badsha
If PTI have won most KPK provincial seats then whoever they appoint (?)

does cm have to be a member of the provincial assembly?

Cpt. Rishwat
And that is why you need continued democracy for at least 2-3 decades for things to change and people to learn power of vote

That's the problem with Pakistanis, they don't understand that democracy takes time to mature. Look at the state of India for the first 50 years of democracy - not a pretty picture but in the end the future is looking up.

Some of the reactions on here are embarrassing.

Runner Up
Interesting statement from Altaf Hussain

Punjabion ki numainda jamaat ko Mubarak ho. Aap ne jo naara 20 saal pehle maara tha aaj wo poora ho gaya

Jaag Punjabi Jaag ye naara tha

oyei
Technically, as a Pukhtoon, I'm an ethnic minority and as an agnostic, a religious minority who, as a former Muslim, would probably be even higher up on the extremists' radar. Islamabad, with its proximity to Punjab, heavily Punjabi population and as the seat of the N led federal government suddenly doesn't feel like too great a place to live in anymore. It's probably time to get out of dodge and move back home, Peshawar.

Do you walk around with all the labels posted on you on the street of islamabad?

jaspa888
12th May 2013, 00:36

My friend, you are both idealistic and naive. What we need and what we get are not the same. People vote differently with their stomachs than those who vote with their brains.

Also, corruption and elitism is do deeply ingrained within our system, it can never be removed.

arsalan660
12th May 2013, 00:37
PTI will nominate a member who won a provincial assembly seat, Imran khan compete for National Assembly so he can't be KPK CM

arsalan660
12th May 2013, 00:38
Interesting statement from Altaf Hussain

Punjabion ki numainda jamaat ko Mubarak ho. Aap ne jo naara 20 saal pehle maara tha aaj wo poora ho gaya

Jaag Punjabi Jaag ye naara tha

Thats not good from Altaf Hussain, making regional hate as always.

Markhor
does cm have to be a member of the provincial assembly?

Yes, and the Provincial Assembly will vote on the appointment.

shan
N looking to win 90 seats.

DW44
12th May 2013, 00:39
Do you walk around all these labels posted on you on the street of islamabad?

The first one, being a Pukhtoon, is pretty obvious from how I look and talk. The others, I have to keep from even my closest friends out of fear for my life. Not a particularly good feeling to hide/suppress your beliefs and convictions under fear of death. The religion field on my passport still says 'Islam', a label I have grown to despise over the last year or so but I can't get that changed because the Pakistani government doesn't recognize apostasy and on top of that, given that the passport authorities have access to all your personal details including your address, it puts a big bull's eye on your back given the level to which religious extremism and vigilanteism has pervaded into the average Pakistani. It sounds dramatic but you don't know what it's like till you have to hide your most fundamental beliefs from even the people closest to you.

Imran_Sir
12th May 2013, 00:39
I guess all I have to say is congratulations PML-N and congratulations Mr. Nawaz Sharif

Time to change my avatar

shan
12th May 2013, 00:40
Will independents support N league? I hope they dont! I hope N doesnt get to make goverment.

purepak
12th May 2013, 00:41
Congrates, this time we will have yellow plane, yellow train, yellow bus, yellow cycle

lol, thats funny.

DW44
12th May 2013, 00:42
Will independents support N league? I hope they dont! I hope N doesnt get to make goverment.

They probably won't need independents. Final results aren't in but they seem well placed to form an absolute majority.

Badsha
I guess all I have to say is congratulations PML-N and congratulations Mr. Nawaz Sharif

Time to change my avatar

Why change your avatar? When your team loses you stop supporting them?

SwingNSeam
So another 5 years of Sindh torment?

shan
12th May 2013, 00:43
They probably won't need independents. Final results aren't in but they seem well placed to form an absolute majority.

They are only looking to get 90-95 seats.

Markhor
Will it be Imran Khan? He did win the seat in KP.

But that was an NA seat, to be CM you have to be a member of the Provincial Assembly.

Who will PTI propose as KPK CM ?

Cpt. Rishwat
The first one, being a Pukhtoon, is pretty obvious from how I look and talk. The others, I have to keep from even my closest friends out of fear for my life. Not a particularly good feeling to hide/suppress your beliefs and convictions under fear of death. The religion field on my passport still says 'Islam', a label I have grown to despise over the last year or so but I can't get that changed because the Pakistani government doesn't recognize apostasy and on top of that, given that the passport authorities have access to all your personal details including your address, it puts a big bull's eye on your back given the level to which religious extremism and vigilanteism has pervaded into the average Pakistani. It sounds dramatic but you don't know what it's like till you have to hide your most fundamental beliefs from even the people closest to you.

Never really understood why you want to be in Pakistan in the first place, although the idea you would be attacked for looking like a Pukhtoon in Pakistan is ridiculous. Why don't you move abroad?

SwingNSeam

Time to change my avatar

change it back to imran farhat.

arsalan660
12th May 2013, 00:44

So who you want to make government. PPP MQM and JUI F??

Bashira_taeli
12th May 2013, 00:45

Wow... you just made yourself sound more mazloom than a freakin Hazara Shia.

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 00:45
Why no official statement from PTI yet?

shah_1
12th May 2013, 00:47
Ppp will win the next election. Guaranteed !!!

On what basis, some people here are too emotional and naive. Let PTI build a base and they have.

Did you really think they had any chance, with Zero seats in hand before the election. I am sure they would do well in the next election.

It not easy to uproot the rooted voters of PML N in rural areas just like that, they have been there for almost 10 - 30 years.

PTI only made sure that PML N win less seats as they would have without PTI, seeing abysmal performance of PPP.

Friend786
12th May 2013, 00:47
Why no official statement from PTI yet?

shocked maybe?

oyei
12th May 2013, 00:48

So you do not walk around with labels posted on yourself. And you are probably not the only pakhtoon with an accent in islamabad.

insaftak
12th May 2013, 00:49
PTI wins in Swabi NA 13, Nawaz Wins NA 120

Varun
Then that would completely ruin Imran Khan's hard work. You need continued democracy for people like Imran Khan to come to power. During this period of democracy, Imran was able to work hard to increase his seats.This election was too early for him but by next election his party has a good chance. If you interrupt democracy again, things will be back to square one and then after that, corrupt people will again come to power. People of Pakistan need to be patient, democracy is a long hard road, its not an over-night solution

Add to which, Imran Khan isn't a one-stop solution to everything. He's just one potentially okay bloke at the top of things.

We've learnt this the hard way too, over the years.

Vegitto1
waiting for official results and not by news channel estimates

Runner Up
PTI: Next time election FB pe hoga bus varna Hum nahin khailien ge :P

DW44
Never really understood why you want to be in Pakistan in the first place, although the idea you would be attacked for looking like a Pukhtoon in Pakistan is ridiculous. Why don't you move abroad?

Conveniently missed the second part about my religious beliefs. I chose to live in Pakistan because everything and everyone I care about is here. You of all people don't get to tell me where to live nor do you get to act like some kind of expert on matters you know nothing of.

Badsha
12th May 2013, 00:50
I'm too depressed..

Badsha
But that was an NA seat, to be CM you have to be a member of the Provincial Assembly.

Who will PTI propose as KPK CM ?

Parvez Khattak

UmarAkmals-fan
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=373528456091275&set=vb.324502624327192&type=2&theater

Rehman Malik being Abused at NA-250 Polling Station...
guys watch this :))) :)))

Markhor
12th May 2013, 00:51
On what basis, some people here are too emotional and naive. Let PTI build a base and they have.

Did you really think they had any chance, with Zero seats in hand before the election. I am sure they would do well in the next election.

It not easy to uproot the rooted voters of PML N in rural areas just like that, they have been there for almost 10 - 30 years.

PTI only made sure that PML N win less seats as they would have without PTI, seeing abysmal performance of PPP.

Exactly, top post. PTI has a chance now to build up a track record, build up their vote bank and be an effective opposition.

DW44
12th May 2013, 00:51
So you do not walk around with labels posted on yourself. And you are probably not the only pakhtoon with an accent in islamabad.

The second part - religion, that's the more important bit here.

Badsha
12th May 2013, 00:53
any news on NA 5?

Cpt. Rishwat
12th May 2013, 00:54
Conveniently missed the second part about my religious beliefs. I chose to live in Pakistan because everything and everyone I care about is here. You of all people don't get to tell me where to live nor do you get to act like some kind of expert on matters you know nothing of.

Well the second part was about religious beliefs which you don't have to publicise, so to say that looking like a Pukhtoon and being an agnostic would make you a target just seems a nonsensical thing to say, unless you plan on walking around wearing a non-believer billboard or Rushdie Rocks t-shirt.

Saudi
12th May 2013, 00:55
Tanzeel I'm an agnostic from Isloo as well, tbh most if not all of my views are the same as a liberal/moderate Muslim. Apart from blasphemy I've never felt like my views were being viewed by suspicion by people.

Saudi
12th May 2013, 00:57
What a farce. Nabeel Gabol on air being proud of his comical win of 170,000. :facepalm:

Badsha
Kashif Abbasi having a real go at nabeel Gobal!

oyei
The second part - religion, that's the more important bit here.

Why is it necessary for you to put label on yourself when you despise any label?

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 00:58
Vice Chairman PTI Asad Umar on Geo and congratulates PML-N

Accepted the result

insaftak
Now Geo is saying PTI wins NA 128 Lahore!!!

Saudi
Is MQM ********? People winning by x-0 margins, all candidates having exactly even votes. Why the hell are they making it so obvious?

Varun
12th May 2013, 00:59

Time to change my avatar

Farhat beckons.

DW44
Well the second part was about religious beliefs which you don't have to publicise, so to say that looking like a Pukhtoon and being an agnostic would make you a target just seems a nonsensical thing to say, unless you plan on walking around wearing a non-believer billboard or Rushdie Rocks t-shirt.

Easier to talk about suppressing your religious beliefs than to actually do it in a society where everyone and their brother is so adamant on shoving their religion down your throat and talking about it at every point. The hardest part is pretending to be a Muslim to people you're friends with, you work with and are related to. You simply cannot chose to not talk about it because most discussions here, particularly where I work, ultimately have a religious element to it. Like I said, you'd look like a lot less of an idiot if you didn't pretend to be an expert on matters you have no knowledge of, just to defend a ridiculous group of people(you know the hicks I'm talking about).

Goggy
180,000 votes counted in 3 hours. What a farce this is and gabol is just smirking knowing full well his goons have rigged it for him.

Saudi
12th May 2013, 01:00
Gabol talking about rigging in his other seat. :))) :)))

Varun
12th May 2013, 01:01
By the way, how efficient was this election? You vote in the morning, and you get the results - nationwide - at dinnertime.

Way more complicated down here. It takes days.

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 01:02
117 seats PML-N

Leading

PTI 33

DW44
12th May 2013, 01:03
Tanzeel I'm an agnostic from Isloo as well, tbh most if not all of my views are the same as a liberal/moderate Muslim. Apart from blasphemy I've never felt like my views were being viewed by suspicion by people.

Does your work place come to a grinding halt every day at prayer times and have communal prayers in the middle of the office? How do you generally respond when asked why you don't pray? How do you respond to a 20-30 minute lecture, occasionally from someone on the board of directors, that almost always follows about the importance of praying and religion in your life?

Sandeep
By the way, how efficient was this election? You vote in the morning, and you get the results - nationwide - at dinnertime.

I too am surprised! India takes 3 days for counting, even for states! Elections in Pakistan are very fast indeed

shan
Easier to talk about suppressing your religious beliefs than to actually do it in a society where everyone and their brother is so adamant on shoving their religion down your throat and talking about it at every point. The hardest part is pretending to be a Muslim to people you're friends with, you work with and are related to. You simply cannot chose to not talk about it because most discussions here, particularly where I work, ultimately have a religious element to it. Like I said, you'd look like a lot less of an idiot if you didn't pretend to be an expert on matters you have no knowledge of, just to defend a ridiculous group of people(you know the hicks I'm talking about).

And you will find it easy being Agnostic in Peshawar then in Islamabad? Give me a break.

shan
12th May 2013, 01:04
I too am surprised! India takes 3 days for counting, even for states! Elections in Pakistan are very fast indeed

The counting is still going on, but we know who will win more steats now.

shan
12th May 2013, 01:05
117 seats PML-N

Leading

PTI 33

Source? ARY was saying 90.

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 01:06
Source? ARY was saying 90.
Geo showing it on Screen

Sandeep
12th May 2013, 01:06
The counting is still going on, but we know who will win more steats now.

I meant counting is actually done 2-3 days after voting! Counting will start and get completed in 1 day though

DW44
12th May 2013, 01:07
And you will find it easy being Agnostic in Peshawar then in Islamabad? Give me break.

Contrary to popular belief, not being a Muslim is nowhere near as big a deal in Peshawar as it is in predominantly Punjabi areas. The people in Peshawar will make their displeasure known in no uncertain terms but violence over denouncing Islam or following a different religion/denomination of the same religion is a distinctly Punjabi phenomenon.

Saudi
12th May 2013, 01:07
Does your work place come to a grinding halt every day at prayer times and have communal prayers in the middle of the office? How do you generally respond when asked why you don't pray? How do you respond to a 20-30 minute lecture, occasionally from someone on the board of directors, that almost always follows about the importance of praying and religion in your life?

Not started working yet but I've faced all of these things, maybe even more living in the middle East/Pakistan at various times in my life. I've had to visit Makka/Madina hundreds of times for hours at a time, its just something I live with. I've learnt to ignore/simply lie about praying/daydream/use my mobile.

DW44
12th May 2013, 01:08
Anyhow.. It's almost 0045.. Got a long day ahead tomorrow.

Eye_Done
12th May 2013, 01:13
Is there any chance of :imran becoming Prime Minister?

Friend786
12th May 2013, 01:13
badami being a ****.

Mystrey
12th May 2013, 01:14
Were you hibernating? eye_done^

Runner Up
Yes

In dream

Goggy
Well...the campaign was going well for PTI, massive crowds everywhere. Its time to do the post mortem now and see where they went wrong.

Badsha
Umar Ayub is losing! :)

DW44

Absolutely none whatsoever.

PTI
12th May 2013, 01:17
So we are clean sweeped in Punjab

Friend786
12th May 2013, 01:17
Well...the campaign was going well for PTI, massive crowds everywhere. Its time to do the post mortem now and see where they went wrong.

imran khan's absence in last two days and young candidates didn't perform well.

Cpt. Rishwat
12th May 2013, 01:18
Congrats to KPK, hopefully they will show the rest of Pakistan what can be done with sincere leadership.

shan
12th May 2013, 01:19
N won 10 seats out of 13 in Lahore. Where was so called youth?

Cpt. Rishwat
12th May 2013, 01:20
No, Pakistani people showed today how they deserve the way they are being treated and the way they are living.

DRONE'EM BIT MORE OBAMA!!

Obama won't be droning the PMLN areas, he'll be droning the KPK where they voted for PTI.

lilFlip
12th May 2013, 01:20

They did what they were supposed to do!!

Even Prophets failed to enlighten people! So I won't blame anybody!

Markhor
12th May 2013, 01:21

Big crowds in urban cities is one thing but elections are won and lost in the rural villages. Pakistan is a predominantly rural country and PTI needs to establish a vote bank at local village level. The inability to do this is mainly because it is such a new party. It will take time and persistence, PPP/PML-N have built up their local vote banks over decades.

PTI in opposition is a game changer though, instead of friendly opposition we will now have proper scrutiny and accountability of the government, and the old two party system has at long last been broken, that is the positive to take out of this.

Saudi
12th May 2013, 01:21
MQM comedy aside, few candidates have won with vote numbers that are multiples of 1000. I'm suspicious of these numbers for some reason, doesn't seem likely to happen in fair voting.

shan
12th May 2013, 01:24
Excelent chance for PTI to show rest of Pakistan what corruption free goverment does.

GentleMan
12th May 2013, 01:25
the sense of entitlement. how can people not vote for the party I support?

Anfield
12th May 2013, 01:26
No seats for PTI in Lahore. They were winning 3-4 seats but now they have stopped the counting and would rig the polling stations.

Pak_Jazba
4 seats in Peshawar only. KPK has 35 seats in total.

justarslan
Will we able to see the breakdown of of voting results based on age, gender, religion etc in this elections?

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 01:27
well now, people of pakistan, dont moan and ***** when you are screwed for another 5 yrs. If such a well conducted campaign from the charismatic imran khan couldnt convince you to vote for your future, then nothing can.

Friend786
12th May 2013, 01:27
PTI should have pushed harder for overseas votes.

shan
12th May 2013, 01:28
well now, people of pakistan, dont moan and ***** when you are screwed for another 5 yrs. If such a well conducted campaign from the charismatic imran khan couldnt convince you to vote for your future, then nothing can.

They will moan and next time select PPP again, and the cycle continues.

ElRaja
Well the second part was about religious beliefs which you don't have to publicise

no one publicises there lack of religion as a lack of religion is no where near as important to an irreligious person as religion is to a religious person, however upon learning of someones lack of religious convictions invariably religious people think it is there duty to give a thirty to forty minute lecture on the importance of religion, etc, which they may not realise, has been heard by the listener an innumerable number of times before.

best to avoid talking about religion altogether but that is rarely possible since desis tend to bring religion into everything. i have sympathy for tanzeel as i cannot imagine working in the environment he describes as i have had a very light experience of what he describes amongst my pakistani friends in college, but you can walk away from those situations, you cant walk away from your work place.

endymion248
Well, looking at the tyranical povs on this thread from PTI supporters, assuming they are reflection from PTI policy, I am quite happy that Imran Khan lost.

Goggy
imran khan's absence in last two days and young candidates didn't perform well.

I have a feeling Imran missed a trick by ignoring the TUQ march, he could have put major pressure on the ECP to clean out most of these PMLN corrupt candidates... it turns out most of them have now sweeped the punjab polls.

justarslan
12th May 2013, 01:29
No seats for PTI in Lahore. They were winning 3-4 seats but now they have stopped the counting and would rig the polling stations.

Did Imran Khan lost in NA 122 in Lahore?

coy0607
12th May 2013, 01:32
117 seats PML-N

Leading

PTI 33

thats not even remotely close.. according to ary

justarslan
12th May 2013, 01:34
PTI should have pushed harder for overseas votes.

I agree but this would not have made any difference after Hobbit's charmed the Punjabis with Motorway, Laptops, Atom Bomb, Bus Service etc.

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 01:35
thats not even remotely close.. according to ary
PML-N 117, PPP-35 PTI-34

Latest from Geo

shan
12th May 2013, 01:36
PML-N 117, PPP-35 PTI-34

Latest from Geo

Ignore Geo, follow ary.

endymion248
12th May 2013, 01:36
the sense of entitlement. how can people not vote for the party I support?

If I was in their place, I would be relieved. No way could PTI live up to the hopes placed in it, as opposite to the perfect little idealistic scenario they have now, that the best political party in the history of manking could not be elected because of the dumbness of Pakistani Paindoos, as opposed to the highly educated and intellectual crowd that supporters PTI.

DW44
12th May 2013, 01:37
Oh, at this rate I give 3-6 years and Taliban will transform whole Pak into KPK!

Agonizes me to say but: Imran Khan was the last chance for Pak people and they've missed it

What a load of crap. Taliban aren't even I'm KP, they're in FATA and only manage to sneak in every once in a while to set up a bomb in Peshawar or some other major city. The more likely transformation is that of Pakistan into Quetta at the LEJ's hands given that they're now officially in power for all practical purposes. Punjab will be relatively safer since these animals chose to operate out of there but target minorities elsewhere. They did so with the support and backing of the N league which, in a month, will be sitting in Islamabad and Lahore so things will get worse for the rest of the country.

Anfield
Did Imran Khan lost in NA 122 in Lahore?

very good chances PTI will lose all seats.

endymion248
Ignore Geo, follow ary.

All will be clear in a matter of hours. 85 PML-N 40 PTI would be horrible. No coalition possible, new elections or marshall law.

Markhor
12th May 2013, 01:38
PML-N 117, PPP-35 PTI-34

Latest from Geo

These are confirmed results ?

I expected PML-N to win but not by this much. Still short of an outright majority though.

coy0607
12th May 2013, 01:38
PML-N 117, PPP-35 PTI-34

Latest from Geo

ARY saying PML-N is around 80 so far and all their experts keep saying best case is 90 seats.. they will need serious coalition, in fact they are talking about a possible MQM/PML-N/independents coalition

PakPrince
12th May 2013, 01:40
they are not doing well in the Provincial assembly though

Friend786
12th May 2013, 01:42
NA-57 and NA-122 please?

taq12345
12th May 2013, 01:42
Will Imran Khan contest from PK assembly in the By Elections so he can become Chief Minister?

GentleMan
12th May 2013, 01:43
If I was in their place, I would be relieved. No way could PTI live up to the hopes placed in it, as opposite to the perfect little idealistic scenario they have now, that the best political party in the history of manking could not be elected because of the dumbness of Pakistani Paindoos, as opposed to the highly educated and intellectual crowd that supporters PTI.

i think a lot of PTI supporters on this forum belong to the facebook crowd which wants instant gratification. probably they joined the call for change because every youth wants their revolution, their che guevara moment..without knowing what and how the change will be brought. it is this crowd that has that sense of entitlement. true revolutionaries know that change is not that easy and the path is challenging..they will put their head down and keep working hard for the next 5 years. previously they only had jalsas to show..now they actually have mandate in KPK to give a teaser of what they are capable of. the true workers who believe in bringing change will keep working, while the facebook tabdeeli razakars will moan for 5 years and cuss the jaahil qaum, and jump on the bandwagon again when the time is right.

endymion248
What a load of crap. Taliban aren't even I'm KP, they're in FATA and only manage to sneak in every once in a while to set up a bomb in Peshawar or some other major city. The more likely transformation is that of Pakistan into Quetta at the LEJ's hands given that they're now officially in power for all practical purposes. Punjab will be relatively safer since these animals chose to operate out of there but target minorities elsewhere. They did so with the support and backing of the N league which, in a month, will be sitting in Islamabad and Lahore so things will get worse for the rest of the country.

It does make one wonder how they can ''sneak'' into Peshawar without having sympathies in the city. Hardcore Talibans in the city are in extremly low numbers, granted, but isn't that how it works? To produce this little core from ''conversion'', you have to possess a bit higher number of financial support, a significant number of people who hate America without being Talibans and an even higher number of religious people.

This argument of ''It's all FATA'' is somehow close to ''Nazis were the bad guys, Wehrmacht was primarly composed of innocious young people defending their country''.

Pak_Jazba
All will be clear in a matter of hours. 85 PML-N 40 PTI would be horrible. No coalition possible, new elections or marshall law.

So what would be the best course of action if it turns out to be 85-40?

Indiafan
12th May 2013, 01:44
Ignore Geo, follow ary.

ARY saying PML-N is around 80 so far and all their experts keep saying best case is 90 seats.. they will need serious coalition, in fact they are talking about a possible MQM/PML-N/independents coalition

If PMLN is only 80 and PTI and PPP are only 40 each, where are the rest of the seats going? Indian channels are also reporting numbers similar to geo and they are seldom wrong on these matters

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 01:45
Guys Geo reports are correct because they have a big team working with them. ARY team is pro PTI.

These are not confirmed seats but still PML-N clearly leading

insaftak
12th May 2013, 01:48
PTI's mandate in Karachi is stolen by MQM and PMLN in Lahore. Massive rigging.

endymion248
12th May 2013, 01:48
i think a lot of PTI supporters on this forum belong to the facebook crowd which wants instant gratification. probably they joined the call for change because every youth wants their revolution, their che guevara moment..without knowing what and how the change will be brought. it is this crowd that has that sense of entitlement. true revolutionaries know that change is not that easy and the path is challenging..they will put their head down and keep working hard for the next 5 years. previously they only had jalsas to show..now they actually have mandate in KPK to give a teaser of what they are capable of. the true workers who believe in bringing change will keep working, while the facebook tabdeeli razakars will moan for 5 years and cuss the jaahil qaum, and jump on the bandwagon again when the time is right.

You are quite right. But, 5 years from now, the conditions of the country might be worse and people will have even higher hopes. Already, they expect Imran Khan to solve debt issues, bureaucratic power, military influence, extremism, load-shedding,... in 1 year's time. It's true that he made those promises but that's because he knows that, like you said, people want instant grantification and will vote for him if they see him as a source for that.

It's not just Facebook young crowd, old expat uncles hold the exact same speeches. I guess that comes from the boredom of being away from Pakistan, hence the excessive political interest. People will vote in UK or USA without knowing their candidates/programmes but will know that, in NA-105, Yasir Khan, brother-in-law of fallana Raja and grandson of Fazal Khan won, although they don't have vote.

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 01:49
Why complaining now?

Pak_Jazba
12th May 2013, 01:49

True this. PTI could have atleast given a good run for the money if not win in some constituencies. But sadly, we couldn't even see that.

IAJ
12th May 2013, 01:50
4 seats in Peshawar only. KPK has 35 seats in total.

The thread was created in a hurry when they won all the first 4 nashistein.

Mods please edit the title to a more suitable heading.

arsalan660
12th May 2013, 01:52
I don't see Geo much but this time I think Geo is giving right numbers.

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 01:52
Doesn't matter now. PTI has officially accepted the result and congratulated PML-N

Asad Umar and Dr. Mazari said it on TV.

insaftak
12th May 2013, 01:53
There is no way PMLN wins NA 125, NA 126... I refuse to accept this. PTI leadership needs to come out and protest!

endymion248
12th May 2013, 01:53
So what would be the best course of action if it turns out to be 85-40?

Independents will play a huge part. Many could side with PML-N if they expect them to form a government. MQM+PML-N would be a given. As are other little parties, maybe PML-Q will reunite.

Khiani and Bueaucracy, hopefully, will put pressure for a compromise if they don't have other plans.

Second elections is a big no, it would be a disastrous.

PTI
12th May 2013, 01:54

Bro we are not living in 80's. MQM rigging is exposed courtsey media but In Punjab we knew that which rigging ways are used and we have some politicians who have participated in elections before like Hashmi,Qureshi etc
So PTI failed to make a counter strategy to stop rigging.PTI is not violent like PML-N but atleast we could have manged with some rigging proofs to use it later for disqualification but PTI failed in this regard.

endymion248
12th May 2013, 01:56
Is MQM ********? People winning by x-0 margins, all candidates having exactly even votes. Why the hell are they making it so obvious?

Because they know it won't have any consequence. If there is a fair election in Karachi, MQM will lose a lot of votes and PTI (and PPP) will gain a lot. Not in the interest of the new government.

The only way there could be a re-election in Karachi is if Army wants to take control of the country. In which case MQM could parade as a victim once again.

Pak_Jazba
12th May 2013, 01:57
Bro we are not living in 80's. MQM rigging is exposed courtsey media but In Punjab we knew that which rigging ways are used and we have some politicians who have participated in elections before like Hashmi,Qureshi etc
So PTI failed to make a counter strategy to stop rigging.PTI is not violent like PML-N but atleast we could have manged with some rigging proofs to use it later for disqualification but PTI failed in this regard.

We were too sweet for anyones liking. Asking people to report rigging through facebook or send videos or make calls. It doesn't work like this in Pakistan unfortunately.

Imran_Sir
12th May 2013, 01:58
PML-N 117, PPP-35 PTI-34

Latest from Geo

PTI has less seats than PPP? :)))

endymion248
12th May 2013, 01:59

There is not that much rigging in Punjab. Most of it happens in municipal elections. In parliamentary ones, you could have the odd case of people showing up with kalachnikovs to close down a polling station or votes already cast without physical presence, but most electables have enough influence to prevent eachother from doing it. As opposed to interior Sindh and Karachi.

Black Zero
12th May 2013, 01:59
IK to take credit/blame of this win/loss ...

pti took a year for internal election...

and spent 3 weeks for campaign...

plus, ik should stop thinking about "inqalab"...

pakistan cannot ever have inqilab..

endymion248
12th May 2013, 02:00
We were too sweet for anyones liking. Asking people to report rigging through facebook or send videos or make calls. It doesn't work like this in Pakistan unfortunately.

That's true. It's money in the pockets of people in charge and show up with your own armed milice (''guards'').

endymion248
12th May 2013, 02:02
A message from Ganja to Burger Kids:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs40/i/2009/036/c/3/Tiger_by_Gagalogi.jpg

Mystrey
12th May 2013, 02:04
Ganjas, the idiots and their followers who don't even know that the Tiger is not a sher

Completely different animals

Facepalm

Imran_Sir
12th May 2013, 02:07
Ganjas, the idiots and their followers who don't even know that the Tiger is not a sher

Facepalm

It is:zia

A lion is called a babbar sher

Mystrey
12th May 2013, 02:08
Babbar sher is a term used for a grown up male

Patriot
12th May 2013, 02:08
I wouldn't judge Nawaz just yet. Let's see how PML (N) does during its term.

Obviously I would have preferred IK but the problem is that he should not have allowed corrupt ******** like Javed Hashmi to join his party. He should have picked new people who had not jumped ship from other parties. But there is no doubt about his own character, intention and love for Pakistan. InshaAllah he will make Pakistan a better place in the future.

GentleMan
12th May 2013, 02:10
tell that to rudyard kipling, who named the tiger Shere Khan in the jungle book. and btw he has a nobel prize.

asifp
12th May 2013, 02:12
All the people hired by Shahbaz Shareef apna namak pura kar rahe hai.

Ganja Raaj in Pakistan

Patriot
12th May 2013, 02:14
Isn't the tiger a more powerful animal than a lion?

endymion248
12th May 2013, 02:15
Sher is used for any felin without distinction, be it a tiger or a lion.

When I was a little kid an I watched Mowgli, I got really excited to the coincidence that Shere Kann would sound Sher Khan :P

endymion248
12th May 2013, 02:16

Facepalm

For your trouble

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr61Zzjbq7y1W_QewwPtBZ2ZKzzqtkO wab4tDViv6LYUExanYqWg

Saudi
12th May 2013, 02:16
Some people call the tiger "tager sher" to be pedantic but I think just "sher" is the accurate term for tiger.

Mystrey
12th May 2013, 02:18
Ok Ok I am owned now I accept :@

classic
Some people call the tiger "tager sher" to be pedantic but I think just "sher" is the accurate term for tiger.

Isn't it "Cheeta"

GentleMan
no need to be disappointed, you guys wanted a cricketer politician as PM, and you got one.

endymion248
12th May 2013, 02:19
I always liked Cycle and Patang better. It has an unassuming and funny feel.

In municipal elections, peacock, for some reason, is the most fought for sign.

endymion248
12th May 2013, 02:19
Isn't it "Cheeta"

Isn't Cheeta for pumas and leopards?

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 02:20
i refuse to admit such a huge lead by pmln. Not possible, specially in lahore. And no pti presence in karachi is not believable either. The elections have been rigged. call it complaining or whatever. Gabol getting 107k votes. Plmn not giving a seat to pti in punjab at all? Yeah right....PTI needs to come out, protest and block cities now

Mamoon

India is a much bigger country than Pakistan in respect of size. Common sense.

asifp
One thing though, PTI is second in a lot of places, by popular vote they will be the 2nd biggest party in Pakistan.

Next steps for PTI
1. Overseas Pakistanis
2. Get some new leaders. IK, SMQ Hashmi are old faces. Where are the new ones?
3. Build up rural vote

cricketworm
12th May 2013, 02:21
Needless to say Baghira was my fav. animal.

asifp
12th May 2013, 02:21
i refuse to admit such a huge lead by pmln. Not possible, specially in lahore. And no pti presence in karachi is not believable either. The elections have been rigged. call it complaining or whatever. Gabol getting 107k votes. Plmn not giving a seat to pti in punjab at all? Yeah right....PTI needs to come out, protest and block cities now

I am sure all the people hired by the Shareefs are working in these polling centres and keeping their paymasters happy.

Anfield
12th May 2013, 02:22
Why suddenly the results of those constituencies where PTI is leading have stopped?

PTI is not going to win a single seat in lahore now. I am pretty sure.

asifp
Also I think PTI should change their symbol.

The bat was useless, Sher was so much better. The mukka, punch on ARY would have been a good choice

Saudi

Karachi was comically rigged. Number two candidate having 0 votes, winning votes always being in multiples of 1000(ege 170,000 or 50,000). Its almost like a message to media and every Karachiite about their power and influence.

Mamoon
12th May 2013, 02:23
The best Imran can do now is to show his worth in KPK. If he can transform this province and Peshawar in particular it will put real pressure on Nawaz for the next election.

asifp
12th May 2013, 02:23
Why suddenly the results of those constituencies where PTI is leading have stopped?

PTI is not going to win a single seat in lahore now. I am pretty sure.

Because those presiding officers are calling each other up and fixing the numbers to make sure PML-N wins those seats.

Fakhruddin Ebraheem needs to be put on the ECL

PakPrince
12th May 2013, 02:24

there was open rigging in NA 250

MQM may have won the seats on paper but they have lost large tracts of support among Karachiites in the middle class areas

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
12th May 2013, 02:25
IF PTI does good work in the seats that it has won then we can expect them to gain even more seats next election .PTI win or loss these elections has changed how politics is done in Pakistan.

endymion248
Needless to say Baghira was my fav. animal.

That cartoon does give away a really misandric message: boys will leave anything (best friends, family, home,...) to get laid. Fairly offensive, me thinks :azhar

Watsupdoc
Can Imran contest in the presidential elections when Zardari's term is over?

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 02:26
I think in KPK we will see all new faces and majority of them are young and have no experience at all. Will be tough for them but my best wishes are with them.

Watsupdoc
12th May 2013, 02:26
IF PTI does good work in the seats that it has won then we can expect them to gain even more seats next election .PTI win or loss these elections has changed how politics is done in Pakistan.

Seconded. PML-N will be under huge pressure to perform well.

Anfield
12th May 2013, 02:27
The best Imran can do now is to show his worth in KPK. If he can transform this province and Peshawar in particular it will put real pressure on Nawaz for the next election.

KPK was/is the biggest challenge. Unless center government rolls down a good policy on terrorism, PTI won't be to do anything. They need stability.

Professor
Edit

akhtar fan
Any hope of government fall? Or coalition problems for N?

endymion248
12th May 2013, 02:28

What for? And nobody will elect him unless he allies with PML-N or PPP.

Runner Up
Yes I think but he will be needing majority votes.

coy0607
ARY reporting Imran khan did not win his seat

Friend786
Official : Imran Khan loses at NA 122.

Anfield
12th May 2013, 02:29
Imran Khan loses NA 122. wow! Massive ragging!

Watsupdoc
12th May 2013, 02:29
So Imran loses at Lahore? Punjab again? :13:

MVP26
12th May 2013, 02:30
How did Imran lose his Lahore seat?

I refuse to take these results seriously.

Friend786
lahore has let me down.

Mamoon
Imran won't form a coalition with PPP. No chance in hell. He's not hungry for power.

endymion248
Mr_Khan_JI, where are you now? :yk

Professor
12th May 2013, 02:31
This is ridiculous, it seems obvious that rigging is going on . Why is Pti so quiet, they need to speak up now.

MVP26
12th May 2013, 02:32
These elections are rigged to the core. Time to hit the streets.

Anfield
12th May 2013, 02:33
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>GEO showed 'winning speech' of Sharifs and after this, administration has stopped ALL results from PTI's leading constituencies in Lahore</p>&mdash; PTI (@PTIofficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/PTIofficial/status/333325647944491008">May 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mamoon
Ayaz Sadiq defeats Imran khan. Really? What on earth is going on?

asifp
Shame on some polling officers, selling Pakistan for their personal benefit.

Votes were being held back in Lahore and suddenly PML-N surged ahead in all places they were behind. Funny!

insaftak
Sadly we have lost this election on election day.... 20-30 seats have been stolen from us.

Mamoon
12th May 2013, 02:34
Whoever would have lost would have put it down to rigging. Lets not find excuses. The people who voted of Sharif need to look in the mirror.

endymion248
12th May 2013, 02:35
Sadly we have lost this election on election day.... 20-30 seats have been stolen from us.

Proof?

asifp
12th May 2013, 02:35
This guy Fakhru Ebrahim has some balls on TV to come and act like he has delivered somethign big.

He has sold out Pakistani, allowing all corrupt people to come back. Shame on you Fakhru, you should be tried for treason.

Mamoon
12th May 2013, 02:38
The thought of 4 more years of misery makes my hair stand.

asifp
12th May 2013, 02:38
Fakhru showing the world he is completely sold out.

someone should ask him did he disqualify anyone who did not pay taxes or did not payback loans. NO

He has thrown Pakistan to the dogs

Varun
12th May 2013, 02:39
India is a much bigger country than Pakistan in respect of size. Common sense.

Pakistan is no Bahrain either.

insaftak
12th May 2013, 02:40
Rigging in NA 56 too. Ary Reporter from pindi says Bijli Beghi gaye hai..

Friend786
12th May 2013, 02:40
The thought of 4 more years of misery makes my hair stand.

actually its 5 years.

Mamoon
12th May 2013, 02:41
Fakhru showing the world he is completely sold out.

someone should ask him did he disqualify anyone who did not pay taxes or did not payback loans. NO

He has thrown Pakistan to the dogs

What do you expect from an 85 year old senile man who has sold his soul to the devil. Should be thrown away. But who will?

Mamoon
12th May 2013, 02:41
actually its 5 years.

I meant 5. Sorry. Typo.

Too disturbed at the moment to be honest.

Mamoon
12th May 2013, 02:42
Not really thrilled to have Imran rule KPK if he does eventually. We want change in Pakistan not in one province.

Goggy
12th May 2013, 02:43
Rigging in NA 56 too. Ary Reporter from pindi says Bijli Beghi gaye hai..

I heard that too and this takes the biscuit.

Friend786
12th May 2013, 02:44
can't imagine what Imran Khan must be going through right now?

Mystrey
12th May 2013, 02:44
PTI Info Sec London ‏@atifshah1m
During counting in NA-56 lights were turned off. Expect another rigging Result in NA-56

asifp
12th May 2013, 02:45
Strange how wherever PTI was leading the results just stopped in Lahore.

PML-N you will win 100+ seats, let a couple of them go without cheating.

Runner Up
Not really thrilled to have Imran rule KPK if he does eventually. We want change in Pakistan not in one province.
You think young people can rule better in KPK? I mean they have no experience at all and have to deal big problems like terrorism etc.

DJANGO
Fixed its all a fix

insaftak
12th May 2013, 02:48
Imran Khan had a lead of 14K in NA 56. Keeping an eye on this one too. Add Pindi to cities where PTI's mandate is stolen.

Mamoon
12th May 2013, 02:49
You think young people can rule better in KPK? I mean they have no experience at all and have to deal big problems like terrorism etc.

Nothing is certain. Maybe they will fail maybe they will bring change. But better give new faces a chance and we did exactly that. Always believe in the manifesto. Whether they are able to implement it or not is to be taken care of later.

DJANGO
12th May 2013, 02:51
guys my family said na56 was imrans but now something fishy has happend

classic
12th May 2013, 02:52
Let the awaam come out on the streets tomorrow in protest !!

shah_1
12th May 2013, 02:52
33 seats is a really poor result as predicted by Geo, I expected atleast 40 and Max 45

endymion248
12th May 2013, 02:53
What about PPP heavy-weights?

Most Sindhi and Karachi (Gabol :yk) ones have done well but Qamar Zaman got pretty massively trashed. Surprisingly.

Varun
12th May 2013, 02:53
So the results are all wrong? In an ideal world, has Imran Khan actually won this thing on the basis of pure numbers?

Vegitto1
12th May 2013, 02:54
If Imran Khan loses to Hanif Abbasi then time for Youth to march on Raiwind and lynch the Sharif family and burn everything

Mamoon
Let the awaam come out on the streets tomorrow in protest !!

Protest against speculated rigging or Noora worshippers?

endymion248
So the results are all wrong? In an ideal world, has Imran Khan actually won this thing on the basis of pure numbers?

Yes, he got 100 million votes in his favour. Rest is pure bias and conspiracy and dandle.

shah_1
12th May 2013, 02:57
So Imran Khan lost from Lahore

DW44
12th May 2013, 02:58
Isn't Cheeta for pumas and leopards?

No, it's for Cheetahs. Leopards are 'taindwas'.

Mamoon
Noorah and bhutto worshippers will never let Pakistan prosper. Never.

akhtar fan
Any comments from IK?

What are the further plans of PTI?

classic
Protest against speculated rigging or Noora worshippers?

Speculated Rigging ..a lot of dodgy things have been taking place..a protest is in order.

asifp
12th May 2013, 02:59
Guys no one is doubting that Noon league has completely swetp the polls.

Its just that there iis some really fishy things going on around Lahore. The 3 seats where PTI is leading the vote count suddenly stops, while it continues in the rest. It smells of rigging.