PDA

View Full Version : Official Pakistan 2013 General Elections thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33

hamzie
12th May 2013, 15:08
so is PTI not forming a govt in KPK?

Goggy
12th May 2013, 15:08
What is going on at the ECP?? There are so many rigging videos going viral, if this was in any western country the elections would have been declared void by now.

Friend786
12th May 2013, 15:09
Yesterday Waleed Iqbal won but today lost.Same is the case with JKT

kasam khuda ki kya rigging ki yaar? maan gai noon league ko

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 15:10
PTI with its 35 seats should make a welfare fund and help poor people with the help of overseas Pakistanis, do whatever they can do to win the hearts of common people and start preparing for other elections.

Veekay
12th May 2013, 15:12
How many seats did IK personally contest for & what was the result ?

Friend786
12th May 2013, 15:14
PTI with its 35 seats should make a welfare fund and help poor people with the help of overseas Pakistanis, do whatever they can do to win the hearts of common people and start preparing for other elections.

how can you win hearts of heartless people?

PTI
12th May 2013, 15:19

Unfortunately These kind of ideas are useless for PTI leadership.They only know one thing that is to make IK work and only sit back and relax.

hamzie
12th May 2013, 15:19

By showing them what it is like to have a leader who truly cares about them and the country. His love for the nation will blossom hearts in the heartless #cheesy

Friend786
12th May 2013, 15:22
i am so proud of my pashthun people.

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 15:24
According to some people PML-N won because of past performance, PTI no doubt has emerged as second largest party.

PPP lost because of their past 5 years performance and I don't think PML-N will do well keeping in mind their track record.

So PTI with its presence in NA, can play positive role to change the minds of common people.

p.s. I am talking about track record about Lahore development under Shahbaz Sharif.

akheR
12th May 2013, 15:25
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151391860776441" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Friend786
12th May 2013, 15:27
According to some people PML-N won because of past performance, PTI no doubt has emerged as second largest party.

PPP lost because of their past 5 years performance and I don't think PML-N will do well keeping in mind their track record.

So PTI with its presence in NA, can play positive role to change the minds of common people.

i really hope bro ....... really hope , for now i am pessimist.

Mamoon
12th May 2013, 15:29

p.s. I am talking about track record about Lahore development under Shahbaz Sharif.

But will the common Punjab folk ever be convinced to stop the worship of Noorahs? that's the biggest challenge.

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 15:29
i really hope bro ....... really hope , for now i am pessimist.

Just take it as a Cricket match :IK

Haar gaye to kya hua next time dekh loon ga

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 15:30
But will the common Punjab folk ever be convinced to stop the worship of Noorahs? that's the biggest challenge.
I know it's the challenge and leader wo hi hota hai jo accept karay challenge ko :)

Friend786
12th May 2013, 15:35
Just take it as a Cricket match :IK

Haar gaye to kya hua next time dekh loon ga

with the track record our people (specially punjabi) have ........ i shouldn't be too hopeful.

asifp
12th May 2013, 15:35
All you expecting so much from PTI, accept the fact that our top 2 guys are complete and other lottas.

We hate the PML-N, but Hashmi is a opportunistic lotta from there
SMQ was a FM for Zardari for 3 years and as lotta as it gets

These two are happy and satisfied to get their seats, they don't care about PTI and you. Stop fooling yourself.

IK needs to get rid of them and focus on bringing up new faces through the party ranks. Its clear not developing new faces has hurt us big time. Get them to the media, get them to lead jalsas, we cannot be a one man party.

Can you imagine if anything happened to Imran, SMQ and Hashmi would be the leaders of the party.
What tabdeeli or Naya Pakistan woud we be talking about then?

Friend786
12th May 2013, 15:37
we need people to be more literate to hope for a change.

shah_1
12th May 2013, 15:38
N League must take lessons from PPP and ANP, if not they should be ready get battered in the next election like PPP and ANP. I am pretty sure they will do well considering the amount of Pressure of their promises, of Media and opposition.

shah_1
12th May 2013, 15:42
All you expecting so much from PTI, accept the fact that our top 2 guys are complete and other lottas.

These two are happy and satisfied to get their seats, they don't care about PTI and you. Stop fooling yourself.

IK needs to get rid of them and focus on bringing up new faces through the party ranks. Its clear not developing new faces has hurt us big time. Get them to the media, get them to lead jalsas, we cannot be a one man party.

Can you imagine if anything happened to Imran, SMQ and Hashmi would be the leaders of the party.

This and very important post.

I like your posts on this thread, well balanced and not fanatics as others.

asifp
Its sad, so much jalsas so much campaigning and we get 6 seats in Punjab and not even one new name.

PTI really has to analyse what went wrong. Only 6 seats in Punjab, when 15-20 were expected is a disgrace

Mamoon
I agree that PTI has opportunistic lotas but who will vote for new faces? Do they really stand a chance against experienced old "gurus"? PTI needs to come up with an extraordinary plan to claim majority in 2018.

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 15:44
I agree that PTI has opportunistic lotas but who will vote for new faces? Do they really stand a chance against experienced old "gurus"? PTI needs to come up with an extraordinary plan to claim majority in 2018.
Are KPK winners not the new faces?

Faisalabad
12th May 2013, 15:45
PTI has to do what it promised but at smaller scale in KPK if they form gov... hold local elections..this gives PTI more grassroots hold.. demand same in other provinces so it can get foothold it local level. In KPK apart from local elections if PTI can do what it promised regarding education, health, police and so it might have chance of winning big as KP dont give 2nd chance to parties.. maybe KalaBagh dam can be revived?

in a short term its a blunder one might say as PTI could have got more seats with electables but Khan doesnt do that... he has built a party that can go a long way hence local elections and doing the right things in KPK will be springboard for future.. PMLN has won Punjab some on performance, some on electables and some on PPP failures...

Badsha
12th May 2013, 15:45
In KPK PTI should and will join forces with JI and independents to form the government. Tanzeel wont like this (among some others) but PTI will be the leading force in this.

Badsha
12th May 2013, 15:46

You don't understand Pakistani politics if you're calling Hashmi a lota.

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 15:48
Make IK as CM KPK :)

Net practice before big match

Badsha
12th May 2013, 15:50
Make IK as CM KPK :)

Net practice before big match

He can't be CM KPK. You need to win a provincial seat from there for that.

Parvez Khattak will be CM over there most probably

asifp
12th May 2013, 15:54
You don't understand Pakistani politics if you're calling Hashmi a lota.

He was a senior member of PML-N, he was a minister in their governments.

Okay so he is not corrupt, but how he represents change is beyond me.

Imran should have made guys like Arif Alvi more of a national figure and bring up more new clean faces.

Friend786
12th May 2013, 15:57
PTI should concentrate on young educated candidates which lost in these election and add more and more young people in party. These young lot could be our future leaders.

Friend786
12th May 2013, 16:02
PTI should work on grass roots level.

Badsha
12th May 2013, 16:04
He was a senior member of PML-N, he was a minister in their governments.

Okay so he is not corrupt, but how he represents change is beyond me.

Imran should have made guys like Arif Alvi more of a national figure and bring up more new clean faces.

He saw a leader which was a serious contender and shared similar views. He wanted to change Pakistan.

Even right now, there are plenty of politicians in N and PPP who are genuine and want to change Pakistan.

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 16:10
He can't be CM KPK. You need to win a provincial seat from there for that.

Parvez Khattak will be CM over there most probably
I know that he will have to contest and that is possible any time.

But anyway IK should retain his Pindi Seat so Abbasi doesn't have any chance to contest again.

pakistani pride
12th May 2013, 16:10
Pretty shocked and amazed at the result in punjab.
I did expect a close fight between PTI and PMLN in punjab, with PTI sweeping KPK I had high hopes.

Perhaps too much hope and we should wait and help PTI in pakistan in every way we can.
To win the whole thing was a big task so better take it step by step and INSHALL√H PTI will rise more in the future.

Imran Khan legend and inshallah future leader of Pakistan !

Patriot
12th May 2013, 16:16
Hashmi is corrupt. He has been seen to purchase ballot boxes.

PTI
12th May 2013, 16:16
Pretty shocked and amazed at the result in punjab.
I did expect a close fight between PTI and PMLN in punjab, with PTI sweeping KPK I had high hopes.

Perhaps too much hope and we should wait and help PTI in pakistan in every way we can.
To win the whole thing was a big task so better take it step by step and INSHALL√H PTI will rise more in the future.

Imran Khan legend and inshallah future leader of Pakistan !

You are not alone.Mostly PTI supporters are in shock.

Showman
12th May 2013, 16:18
Is it true, that PTI might not even form a government in KPK?

PTI
12th May 2013, 16:21
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253204_618877934806562_1054608175_n.jpg

cynical
12th May 2013, 16:22
well guys it looks quite a soug and despondency in khi.. i guess the mood would be the same in rest of the country particularly Punjab.

Badsha
ARY showing PTI with 17 seats and PPP with 20

PTI
Is it true, that PTI might not even form a government in KPK?

Yes if JUI-F , PML-N , Indipendents and JI form a coalation they can form government but PTI alone will be enough for strong oppostion and can target all of them together.
Also JUI-F and JI are not so inclined towards each other and this coalition might break up soon.

Kianig89
12th May 2013, 16:24
Yup the results in Punjab are inexpliciable definitely rigging specially Faisalabad as alot of people there were looking to vote for PTI and have voted for PTI but it looks as N as swept FSD.............which is really a shock .................:snack:

Cpt. Rishwat
12th May 2013, 16:25

They must have voted in big enough numbers for PPP to have formed a govt last time round. I'm not close to the ground but my gut instinct is that having suffered big time in the past 5 years they reverted to type and went with tried and tested.

PTI
12th May 2013, 16:33
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Just recorded IK statement which will be aired between four thirty and five. He is in great spirits</p>&mdash; Asad Umar (@Asad_Umar) <a href="https://twitter.com/Asad_Umar/status/333537245069983744">May 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kianig89
12th May 2013, 16:40
Hopefuly IK will call for a revolt or civil movement something like this...........5 years we can't stand this Noora tenure it will be another tale of lawlessness corruption and nepotism

hamzie
12th May 2013, 16:48
IK making speech soon

Markhor
12th May 2013, 16:53
Hopefuly IK will call for a revolt or civil movement something like this...........5 years we can't stand this Noora tenure it will be another tale of lawlessness corruption and nepotism

No then political opponents and the media will portray that as being 'sore losers' and so on.

Kianig89
12th May 2013, 16:55
YAr what rubbish is this Jahangeer Tareen has lost......how the hell really i'm left speechless the way things are going out.........PTi should look for a LOng march

hamzie
12th May 2013, 17:00
******** geo showing half the message

Pak_Jazba
12th May 2013, 17:03
No then political opponents and the media will portray that as being 'sore losers' and so on.

We have strong proofs of rigging from all over Pakistan. Why should we accept results & move on?

hamzie
12th May 2013, 17:04
Whats white paper?

Kianig89
12th May 2013, 17:13
Power hungry NAwaz n cronies already decided what ecverybody will get.......SS to retain CM seat NS to fulfill his wish as being 3rd time lucky and Samdhi Dar to be finance minister........this change really laughable with Dar as finance minister except more money laundring n fraudulent activities...

hamzie
12th May 2013, 17:14
imran khans message from 10 minutes ago
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151640998121672

Badsha
12th May 2013, 17:14
why is everyone showing half the message?

Markhor
12th May 2013, 17:15
ANP have finally won a seat.

Amir Haider Khan Hoti of the Awami National Party (ANP), has secured a victory from the NA-9 Mardan-1 constituency with 44,704 votes, becoming the first candidate from the party to win a National Assembly seat in this year general elections.

Mamoon
12th May 2013, 17:18
Are KPK winners not the new faces?

Comparatively they are but I'm talking about Punjab. Can new faces challenge the old experienced politicians there?

insaftak
12th May 2013, 17:18
ANP have finally won a seat.

Amir Haider Khan Hoti of the Awami National Party (ANP), has secured a victory from the NA-9 Mardan-1 constituency with 44,704 votes, becoming the first candidate from the party to win a National Assembly seat in this year general elections.

Rigged!

Election results delayed in this constituency and were rigged big time.

taq12345
12th May 2013, 17:21
<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=600027000015328" width="720" height="540" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Markhor
12th May 2013, 17:25
Chief of the Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf (PTI) Imran Khan has reportedly alleged rigging in the elections after accepting defeat while also indicating that the party would sit in the opposition benches of the National Assembly.

Badsha
12th May 2013, 17:26
How did hoti win his national assembly seat?!

Friend786
12th May 2013, 17:29
it was so painful to see imran khan like that. get well soon

asifp
12th May 2013, 17:49
What Jehangeer Tareen lost.

He had a pretty big lead at some point. People already trying to please their paymasters.

Markhor
12th May 2013, 17:50
The May 11 election has been rated by most of HRCP’s (Human Rights Commission of Pakistan) observers as a most poorly managed affair.

Markhor
12th May 2013, 17:52
Imran Khan statement video

http://dawn.com/2013/05/12/watch-imran-khan-admits-defeat-alleges-rigging/

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 17:55
Those who are complaining now, they had a very good chance of electoral reforms and could have stopped corrupt people going to assemblies but ab kuch nahi ho sakta.

Markhor
12th May 2013, 17:56
Every single PPP minister lost in Punjab :)))

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 17:57
And ANP no National Assembly seat lol

Markhor
12th May 2013, 17:58
And ANP no National Assembly seat lol

ANP have won one seat. Amir Haider Khan Hoti of the Awami National Party (ANP), has secured a victory from the NA-9 Mardan-1 constituency with 44,704 votes. But even so its a dire performance from ANP.

Q-League :))) Where are they ?

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 17:59
Oh I thought he secured KPK Province seat. Thanks

Badsha
12th May 2013, 18:02
Those who are complaining now, they had a very good chance of electoral reforms and could have stopped corrupt people going to assemblies but ab kuch nahi ho sakta.

You have a point but I disagree with you.

Despite the rigging, PTI is in the government now and not on talk shows. They can actually do more about electoral reforms this way.

asifp
12th May 2013, 18:06
Dont blame PML-N or MQM, blame Fakhrudding Ebraheem, who was more concerned about his ego than anything else.

If he disqualified these gundas and chor as per the constitution, we would not be seeing half the gunda gardee we are seeing now

Waseem
12th May 2013, 18:09
it was so painful to see imran khan like that. get well soon

It's even more painful to see ***** journos making fun of Imran. Sohail waraich was obviously decent enough to at least appreciate that Mian saab went after collecting any eletable he could possibly get whereas Imran took tough route to hold elections and give chance to educated youth.

endymion248
12th May 2013, 18:09
Every single PPP minister lost in Punjab :)))

They did balant corruption everywhere. Qamar Zaman was 4th or 5th in Gujrat.

PTI
12th May 2013, 18:12
It's even more painful to see ***** journos making fun of Imran. Sohail waraich was obviously decent enough to at least appreciate that Mian saab went after collecting any eletable he could possibly get whereas Imran took tough route to hold elections and give chance to educated youth.

Brother , Watching GEO is painful because of pro PML-N anchors filth.
Please watch ARY, Atleast Kashif Abbasi makes good points every now and then

PTI
12th May 2013, 18:13
what are the chances of forming Govt in KPK? News are Moulana is jumping up and down to form govt in alliance with N

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 18:14
Disappointment was so evident on Imran's face. Come on Imran, say it, give a call and ask people to come out. Trust me, this fake govt will not be able to sustain protests from the largest party in pakistan

Friend786
12th May 2013, 18:17
election commission bragging about free and fair election.

Markhor
12th May 2013, 18:19
To be fair to PPP, they still have around 35 seats and they didn't even bother campaigning !

Friend786
12th May 2013, 18:22
To be fair to PPP, they still have around 35 seats and they didn't even bother campaigning !

strong bhutto roots in sindh is the reason.

insaftak
12th May 2013, 18:23
PTI candidate in NA 252 Karachi

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=171616636335486" width="224" height="398" frameborder="0"></iframe>

akheR
12th May 2013, 18:25

But they have been eradicated from Punjab and KPK, literally, Sindh still need their governance to kick them out completely though.

Pak_Jazba
12th May 2013, 18:26
ECP saying postal ballot result to be added to ballot results before results are announced.

Is there a chance of postal ballots to cause changes in the initial results?

hamzie
12th May 2013, 18:37
protesting taking place in KHI apparently

0tt0man
12th May 2013, 18:44
Nothing is going to happen. No protests, no demonstrations and no more agitation.
The ball is in ECP's court. Elections have ended and the entire process has been done and dusted with.

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 18:49
Nothing is going to happen. No protests, no demonstrations and no more agitation.
The ball is in ECP's court. Elections have ended and the entire process has been done and dusted with.

Well if that's the case, then Imran should not expect votes the next time around. People have been disillusioned, and they now know that no matter what they do, they can never defeat the status quo in pakistan. These voters will not vote for Imran again.

I;m also scared for PTI candidates, middle class common people, and tabdeeli razakars in areas like karachi. Cant imagine what's gonna happen to them

PTI
12th May 2013, 18:53
Well if that's the case, then Imran should not expect votes the next time around. People have been disillusioned, and they now know that no matter what they do, they can never defeat the status quo in pakistan. These voters will not vote for Imran again.

I;m also scared for PTI candidates, middle class common people, and tabdeeli razakars in areas like karachi. Cant imagine what's gonna happen to them

This is thing which is more worrying.Not only in Karachi but also in punjab and Abrar ul haq mentioned it also in this interview that these "ghunda's" of PML-N will take revenge from common people who dare to challenge them in elections.

Markhor
12th May 2013, 18:54

KPK too though, PTI campaigned on anti-drones policy, but with foreign policy virtually in the control of the military, there will be a backlash against PTI if drones continue, hope they have strong security protection.

PTI
12th May 2013, 18:57
PTI needs to start protests and make voice for this rigging and come on road.I am sure PML-N wont be able to counter them considering PTI can hold protest in big numbers across punjab..KPK and Karachi.
This is the time to stand up.Do or die situation.No need to just loose heart and accept defeat.
Awaam is waiting for the leader to take courage as he promised when he showed dreams to people of change.Now saving common from these thugs revenge is your responsibility Kaptaan.

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 18:58
I, for the first time, disagree with Imran. He said pakistan can change through ballot. I now firmly believe this is not possible. Every election in pakitan, the "big game" is played, and it doesnt matter who the people vote for.

0tt0man
12th May 2013, 18:58
@waqar_ahmed Cool down bro. This isn't the end of the world.
If protests can change anything, they would've started right after the elections. PTI has solid support amongst a section of the masses. Their performance in KPK can convert a lot of people.

IK's vision for Pakistan can be implemented in KPK for starters. In hindsight, this may prove to be a blessing in disguise.

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 19:00
PTI needs to start protests and make voice for this rigging and come on road.I am sure PML-N wont be able to counter them considering PTI can hold protest in big numbers across punjab..KPK and Karachi.
This is the time to stand up.Do or die situation.No need to just loose heart and accept defeat.
Awaam is waiting for the leader to take courage as he promised when he showed dreams to people of change.Now saving common from these thugs revenge is your responsibility Kaptaan.

That's what I'm saying!! I dont understand those who are saying Imran wil come across as a sore loser! Are you freakin kidding me! The whole nation;s mandate has been humiliated, and Imran should not do anything coz, according to some, he might come across as a sore loser!

For the millionth time, if Imran accepts these results, PTI can kiss popular support good bye.

Markhor
12th May 2013, 19:01
If protests can change anything, they would've started right after the elections. PTI has solid support amongst a section of the masses. Their performance in KPK can convert a lot of people.

IK's vision for Pakistan can be implemented in KPK for starters. In hindsight, this may prove to be a blessing in disguise.

Agreed, people are getting unnecessarily emotional. A landslide victory was never on the cards, for a party with no representation in parliament, nor with an administrative track record. Going from 0 seats to 35-40 is a major step.

Change comes gradually, PTI still has to build up their vote bank, particularly at local, rural level and sitting in opposition is a game-changer.

Why ? Because gone are the days of friendly opposition, and uncontrolled, unaccountable looting and pillaging of the country's finances. Now we actually have some integrity in the National Assembly, and an opposition that will actually hold the government to account.

Plus administration formed in KPK, its a chance for PTI to show it has the ability to govern, and is not merely a party of protest. These doomsday scenarios are OTT.

0tt0man
12th May 2013, 19:02
Intra-party elections ruined a lot of the momentum which PTI carried after the Oct 30th jalsa. IK has a chance to strengthen the party's base, reach out to the masses (both rural and urban) in the next five years and rise as a genuine second alternative to the people.

Let us not lose hope. Insh'Allah things will get better in Pakistan as time goes on. :)

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 19:03

Pakistan in iin advanced stages of cancer. This IS the end of the world! We dont need bullet train, we need a clear vision and policy, and pin point execution of it to save pakistan. You expect nooras to provide all that?

Nooras will make sure that PTI, its cnadidates and its supporters are destroyed in punjab. MQM will now be ordering boris for tabdeeli razakars in karachi.

You're not seeing the big picture here. A huge chunk of PTI's voters were ones who have never voted before coz they hated politics, and now that they have seen what happened to their vote, they will never vote again. So, come next time, PTI will not have this much support, until of course, Imran gets in bed with the big power players like Sharifs do every time they win

insaftak
12th May 2013, 19:04
I don't think change is possible via ballot. I have never been this demoralized not even when we had 0 seats in parliament.

PTI should seriously think about sitting in opposition in KPK and force PMLN to reform!

hamzie
12th May 2013, 19:06
I don't think change is possible via ballot. I have never been this demoralized not even when we had 0 seats in parliament.

PTI should seriously think about sitting in opposition in KPK and force PMLN to reform!

If I had the chance to change either T20 WC final against INDIA, or this elections result... id gladly change the election result

hamzie
12th May 2013, 19:09
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/946249_524750930914329_1504771233_n.jpg

Cpt. Rishwat
12th May 2013, 19:09

There has already been massive change via the ballot box, PTI is now a contender. I doubt IK will be slitting his wrists like his supporters, he's probably even now planning on going to work.

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 19:10

Both your statements are contradictory. You say change isnt possible via ballot, and then you want PTI to sit in the opposition? That like saying PTI should just give up and accept their fate.

I'm completely demoralized too. If Imran doesnt call for protests, if PTI takes this defeat without a fight, I dont think I will support Imran as much as I used to.

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 19:12
There has already been massive change via the ballot box, PTI is now a contender. I doubt IK will be slitting his wrists like his supporters, he's probably even now planning on going to work.

I dont get statements like this!

Do you think the agencies/parties that didnt allow PTI in the govt, will let them form the majority next time! No. Think about why PTI was not allowed a free game, and then see if they will EVER be allowed to contest freely.

Nothign has changed. In fact I expect the country to take 2 steps back in the political process

insaftak
12th May 2013, 19:13
Both your statements are contradictory. You say change isnt possible via ballot, and then you want PTI to sit in the opposition? That like saying PTI should just give up and accept their fate.

I'm completely demoralized too. If Imran doesnt call for protests, if PTI takes this defeat without a fight, I dont think I will support Imran as much as I used to.

I meant the system we have right now.

the first thing we should be doing now is to push for electorl reforms. We need to move a bill in parliament and call in a massive protest in Islamabad!

Badsha
12th May 2013, 19:17
Check out the news

pti is losing seats it was leading last night. lahore and karachi, khulai aam dhaandli has happened

ahsan88
12th May 2013, 19:17

Baray baray burj toh ab gireingy. :))

Markhor
12th May 2013, 19:19

But Waqar name me one country in which a party has gone from 0 seats to forming the government. You cannot expect these inbuilt ethnic, provincial and regional biases that has been built up over decades to be swept away in one election.

Rigging or no rigging, I bet you PML-N would have still won, people have ultimately gone back to tried and tested party, the problem with the youth vote was that it was fragmented. Yes PTI did well in places like Rawalpindi but their vote unlike PML-N was not concentrated. That's the flaw of the FPTP voting system, your vote has to be concentrated and not spread out across the country. Central and Southern Punjab, and in the industrial cities such as Faisalabad, PML-N were already strong there.

Opposition is not a doomsday scenario - think about it this way. 2008-2013 with PPP government, and PML-N as the friendly opposition, there was a total lack of accountability, uncontrolled looting and pillages of nation's finances.

Now PTI are in the parliamentary system, they can properly hold the government to account, and will form the administration in KPK - and can prove that they are a party of government through their actions.

This is a weak government, PML-N know they are limited to Punjab and for them to win the next election, they have to have a strong track record, they know they cannot afford to mess up.

PPP have been obliterated, and MQM have been exposed. PTI have made a major step forward.

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 19:20
I meant the system we have right now.

the first thing we should be doing now is to push for electorl reforms. We need to move a bill in parliament and call in a massive protest in Islamabad!

I want to go a step forward and say that there is no parliament. PTI must come out RIGHT NOW. Wound is fresh and its hurting. People will come out in huge numbers.

A protest in front of the parliament house is what;s needed. And Imran needs to come out of this goody good shell now. He accepted a weak EC, he accepted incompetent and biased caretakers, and now we are paying for these mistakes. And I' certain army was on board with this rigging too.

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 19:22
Baray baray burj toh ab gireingy. :))

really isn't something to laugh about. You know what I meant. Imran will always have my support, but I wont feel the passion for PTI, that I felt for these elections.

You can make fun of it all you want

insaftak
12th May 2013, 19:25
I want to go a step forward and say that there is no parliament. PTI must come out RIGHT NOW. Wound is fresh and its hurting. People will come out in huge numbers.

A protest in front of the parliament house is what;s needed. And Imran needs to come out of this goody good shell now. He accepted a weak EC, he accepted incompetent and biased caretakers, and now we are paying for these mistakes. And I' certain army was on board with this rigging too.

After Imran Khan decided to show General Kiyani a middle finger on his stance on war of terror, I have no doubt that agencies with the help of local administration were also involved in changing many results overnight. Also look at the first statement Nawaz Sharif gave to the telegrah on how he will continue with this war of terror.

0tt0man
12th May 2013, 19:27
Pakistan in iin advanced stages of cancer. This IS the end of the world! We dont need bullet train, we need a clear vision and policy, and pin point execution of it to save pakistan. You expect nooras to provide all that?

Nooras will make sure that PTI, its cnadidates and its supporters are destroyed in punjab. MQM will now be ordering boris for tabdeeli razakars in karachi.

You're not seeing the big picture here. A huge chunk of PTI's voters were ones who have never voted before coz they hated politics, and now that they have seen what happened to their vote, they will never vote again. So, come next time, PTI will not have this much support, until of course, Imran gets in bed with the big power players like Sharifs do every time they win
It's a blessing this isn't a a hung parliament. PML(N) has a heavy mandate and if they fail to fulfill their promises , they will lose a huge chunk of support.

PML(N) in its worst form is still better than a PPP govt. (although Karachi citizens would strongly disagree). MQM isn't set to join the govt. this time around from the reports I'm getting.

PTI can set an example in KPK and all those whingers who cried about 'no experience' can be put to rest!
People will again support the PTI. I will assure you this. People are fed up with the MQM after their performance yesterday and I can see a new support base for the PTI in the city.

As long as PTI doesn't take up arms, there will be no persecution. :) PTI has opportunity to organize itself and take up reins with a new vigour.

Things will settle down in a few days. I would urge you guys to not leave the Great Khan alone please.

Mystrey
12th May 2013, 19:28
The way MQM took the **** in Karachi it was pretty obvious they were given a free hand to do so by the Army

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 19:30
After Imran Khan decided to show General Kiyani a middle finger on his stance on war of terror, I have no doubt that agencies with the help of local administration were also involved in changing many results overnight. Also look at the first statement Nawaz Sharif gave to the telegrah on how he will continue with this war of terror.

Of course! Its quite obvious. This is why I said that Pakistan cannot afford more of this nonsense, and this IS the end of the world for pakistan.

I hope people who accused Imran of being backed by army/pasha/agencies now understand that they were wrong

This is why I dont agree with people saying PTI should sit in the opposition and make KP a model of governance. Pakistan does not have time for more experimentation. The country, as a whole, needs to be lead in the right direction. And that right direction isnt towards raiwind

insaftak
12th May 2013, 19:30
We lost attock too. No Effin way!

0tt0man
12th May 2013, 19:35
Democracy is a gradual process. It is all thanks to Musharraf's era of dictatorship that guys like Nawaz have risen as heroes today.

0tt0man
12th May 2013, 19:39
Markhor is looking at the situation objectively. I agree with his viewpoint. :)

oyei
12th May 2013, 19:42
If Bush can easly riiged election in US thn p ussy cat shouldn't have any problem in Pakistan.

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 19:43
But Waqar name me one country in which a party has gone from 0 seats to forming the government.
Name me one country where an honest, charismatic leader led a dark horse, and new political force, by molding it into an institution with intra party election, grass root support, and campaigners like TRs who did everything without any finanacial support

You cannot expect these inbuilt ethnic, provincial and regional biases that has been built up over decades to be swept away in one election.
Punjabis voting for PTI. Pathans voting for PTI. Urdu speaking people voting for PTI. where does ethnic bias come into all this?

Rigging or no rigging, I bet you PML-N would have still won, people have ultimately gone back to tried and tested party, the problem with the youth vote was that it was fragmented. Yes PTI did well in places like Rawalpindi but their vote unlike PML-N was not concentrated. That's the flaw of the FPTP voting system, your vote has to be concentrated and not spread out across the country. Central and Southern Punjab, and in the industrial cities such as Faisalabad, PML-N were already strong there.

Opposition is not a doomsday scenario - think about it this way. 2008-2013 with PPP government, and PML-N as the friendly opposition, there was a total lack of accountability, uncontrolled looting and pillages of nation's finances.

Now PTI are in the parliamentary system, they can properly hold the government to account, and will form the administration in KPK - and can prove that they are a party of government through their actions.

Let's say I accept that PMLN would have still won. But having PTI with 70 odd seats (and I firmly believe we would have won a lot more) breathing down its neck, with PTI making inroads in Lahore, with PTI making inroads in karachi, things would have been completely different.

This is a weak government, PML-N know they are limited to Punjab and for them to win the next election, they have to have a strong track record, they know they cannot afford to mess up.
This is my point. Pakistan cannot afford another 5 years of this shh!!t. How many more people do you want to get killed in bombings? Do you think nooras can effectively manage this country that's under so much debt, has no energy, no investment coming in? Pakistan cannot afford another 5 years of this!

Dont forget, CJ set to retire this year, Kayani set to retire this year, President set to retire this year. What do you think NS will do? Appoint his cronies and then watch this country go down the trash hole

PPP have been obliterated, and MQM have been exposed. PTI have made a major step forward.
MQM was exposed many times before. They dont care, and it doesnt make a difference

Kwremb
12th May 2013, 19:47
So what are the seats won by each party now?

speed
12th May 2013, 19:48
Independent candidates did very well 20+ seats in the national assembly.

cricguru
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jIXu_kBpcwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zTJyOa5-5wQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pejw109SlpY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KXqp63Y84jE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Black Zero
so PTI not even at 2nd spot!

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 19:49
It's a blessing this isn't a a hung parliament. PML(N) has a heavy mandate and if they fail to fulfill their promises , they will lose a huge chunk of support.

PML(N) in its worst form is still better than a PPP govt. (although Karachi citizens would strongly disagree). MQM isn't set to join the govt. this time around from the reports I'm getting.

PTI can set an example in KPK and all those whingers who cried about 'no experience' can be put to rest!
People will again support the PTI. I will assure you this. People are fed up with the MQM after their performance yesterday and I can see a new support base for the PTI in the city.

MQM, Army and PMLN are the main parties behind rigging. They will be in the govt in karachi and rule the bloodline of pakistan. PMLN wont need them in the govt anyway since his highness now has majority.

But once again, pakistan doesnt have time for another incompetent govt. THe country cant take it, and that's what I'm trying to say

As long as PTI doesn't take up arms, there will be no persecution. :) PTI has opportunity to organize itself and take up reins with a new vigour.

You wana bet your house on it 0tt0? Watch what happens with middle class candidates and TRs of PTI in punjab and karachi. Just watch

Things will settle down in a few days. I would urge you guys to not leave the Great Khan alone please.
Will never stop backing Imran, ever! But it is unfortunate that he was born in the wrong country. Pakistan doesn't deserve someone as honest, charismatic and dedicated like Imran

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 19:51
Democracy is a gradual process. It is all thanks to Musharraf's era of dictatorship that guys like Nawaz have risen as heroes today.

Bus ker jao yaar. Gradual process. It is a gradual process, but that doesnt mean all the state institutions start rigging the elections. You are taking that "gradual process" statement out of context

ahsan88
12th May 2013, 19:52
really isn't something to laugh about. You know what I meant. Imran will always have my support, but I wont feel the passion for PTI, that I felt for these elections.

You can make fun of it all you want

You will get your answer when the popular vote result is confirmed.

IIRC, PTI had almost 7 million registered members right? I would bet they only received half of that amount all over Pakistan, and that is why they lost.

Imran is doing the right thing by taking it step-by-step, and my respect for him just increased.

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 19:55
You will get your answer when the popular vote result is confirmed.

IIRC, PTI had almost 7 million registered members right? I would bet they only received half of that amount all over Pakistan, and that is why they lost.

Imran is doing the right thing by taking it step-by-step, and my respect for him just increased.

I guess it depends on what you believe. If you dont think there was massive rigging, then ok. I really cant say much. "rigging" is kinda done so that one party doesnt get votes :)

hamzie
12th May 2013, 19:56
Will never stop backing Imran, ever! But it is unfortunate that he was born in the wrong country. Pakistan doesn't deserve someone as honest, charismatic and dedicated like Imran

Hurts to read that, because it is really true

shan
12th May 2013, 19:58
So there are 30 independents, what will they do? Sold themselfs to Nooras?

Pak_Jazba
12th May 2013, 19:59
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=158689520975839" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe>

saeedhk
12th May 2013, 20:01
PTI could have done better In Punjab if there was no rigging.

ahsan88
12th May 2013, 20:02
I guess it depends on what you believe. If you dont think there was massive rigging, then ok. I really cant say much. "rigging" is kinda done so that one party doesnt get votes :)

Yes, there was rigging, but it wouldn't have mattered much, other than Karachi, or a couple of seats in Lahore.

It is naive to believe that the Army rigged on behalf of PML(N) when Mian sb's first statement after getting to know the elections result was to say that he is going to India and will release the Kargil report.

Just wait and watch how it unfolds, neither the fauj or the Baray Mian camp has forgiven each other for 1999. However, the same cannot be said of Ch. Nisar faction.

Friend786
12th May 2013, 20:02

lol , so what do you expect?

hamzie
12th May 2013, 20:04
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>NA 195. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23pti">#pti</a> got zero vote. It means that pti, candidate did not caste its own vote. @<a href="https://twitter.com/ptiofficial">ptiofficial</a>ridiculous</p>&mdash; Yousaf Ihsan (@yousafihsan) <a href="https://twitter.com/yousafihsan/status/333589350866636800">May 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pak_Jazba
12th May 2013, 20:05
Yes, there was rigging, but it wouldn't have mattered much, other than Karachi, or a couple of seats in Lahore.

It is naive to believe that the Army rigged on behalf of PML(N) when Mian sb's first statement after getting to know the elections result was to say that he is going to India and will release the Kargil report.

Just wait and watch how it unfolds, neither the fauj or the Baray Mian camp has forgiven each other for 1999. However, the same cannot be said of Ch. Nisar faction.

PTI had atleast had a minimum of 20 seats which have been stolen from them, and these were major seats in ISL, LHR, MULTAN,PINDI. It does make a huge difference in having seats in those areas.

ahsan88
12th May 2013, 20:08
PTI had atleast had a minimum of 20 seats which have been stolen from them, and these were major seats in ISL, LHR, MULTAN,PINDI. It does make a huge difference in having seats in those areas.

Hashmi sb won in 48 from Islamabad. 49 was always going to be a tough fight between the three parties.

Lahore was rigged specially in 125 and maybe even in 122. But where else did you guys gave a tough fight?

Which one in Multan were you front-runners for?

Pindi was always going to be PML(N) territory and i am surprised you guys even managed to bag 3 seats there.

hamzie
12th May 2013, 20:10
is pti coming 3rd now?

Markhor
12th May 2013, 20:13
Name me one country where an honest, charismatic leader led a dark horse, and new political force, by molding it into an institution with intra party election, grass root support, and campaigners like TRs who did everything without any finanacial support

Yes but no party has gone from 0 to forming the government anywhere. This is the thing, people had their expectations far too high that they were always going to be disappointed with the outcome.

Punjabis voting for PTI. Pathans voting for PTI. Urdu speaking people voting for PTI. where does ethnic bias come into all this?
No the ethnic biases for the other parties, that has been built up over decades. Punjabis voted for PML-N, Sindhis voted for PPP/MQM, Balochis voted for Baloch parties and Pathans voted for the Pathan leader of PTI.

People have to accept that these parties, PPP/PML-N have had their vote bank built up over decades, especially in the rural areas. Someone mentioned earlier, it was a 'silent majority' vote - these people don't go to big urban jalsas and rallies, but they are still sizeable in number. For every 50,000 at a jalsa, there are about a 100,000 at home with their own voting preferences.

PTI won't be able to change people's traditional voting biases overnight. It'll happen over time, let them prove themselves in KPK government, and if they have a good administrative track record, that'll translate to the rest of the country.

People simply went to a tried and tested party, with a previous experience of government, and the only alternative, in their eyes, to the PPP.

But as mentioned, this experience ** won't be used against PTI in 2018 - they will HAVE a track record, they will be able to say 'look we've tackled unemployment/energy crisis etc.'

Let's say I accept that PMLN would have still won. But having PTI with 70 odd seats (and I firmly believe we would have won a lot more) breathing down its neck, with PTI making inroads in Lahore, with PTI making inroads in karachi, things would have been completely different.
You'd still be in opposition though, and at least now PTI can sit in parliament, initiate legislation, campaign for electoral reforms within the parliamentary system and hold the government to account.

Before all PTI could do is protest on the outside, but now they are involved in the decision making process.

This is my point. Pakistan cannot afford another 5 years of this shh!!t. How many more people do you want to get killed in bombings? Do you think nooras can effectively manage this country that's under so much debt, has no energy, no investment coming in? Pakistan cannot afford another 5 years of this!
We've suffered 66 years of this anyway though, but the problem has been this constant flip-flop from martial law to civilian govt.

Musharraf made martyrs out of both PPP and PML-N. Look at 1997, PPP were annihilated at that election, and PML-N in 1999 were on their way to collapse, then Musharraf launched a coup and gave them shaheed card.

Now PPP cannot play shaheed card, their vote bank has collapsed and PTI has more or less overtaken them, and if PML-N fail, then their vote bank will collapse and PTI will gain too.

PPP could rely on a vote bank across all provinces, so no matter how bad they were in government, they still had a majority in NA due to alliances and so on.

PML-N is not a national party though, this is a weak government and PTI have the chance to extract some serious reforms.

They know they can only survive if they have a good track record and perform in government, which would be to the benefit of everyone, but if they don't perform, then PTI can come in.

Dont forget, CJ set to retire this year, Kayani set to retire this year, President set to retire this year. What do you think NS will do? Appoint his cronies and then watch this country go down the trash hole
They won't be able to stuff cronies into those posts, there will be uproar and the govt will fall. Again PML-N government is weak due to their limited support in only one province. They have to be seen as cooperating with all parties and so there will have to be cross-party support for those appointments.

Army is virtually a state within a state and NS won't be able to influence that decision. Last time NS tried something like that and he was thrown out of office.

President - depends on Electoral College votes, PML-N won't have a majority in EC.

0tt0man
12th May 2013, 20:17
PTI was hard done in Punjab. There's no doubt about it.
Losing by margins of 5-6k in many constituencies of Punjab, you can't deny the instances of rigging taking place. Demonstrations won't change a thing seeing just how incompetent ECP is!

Abrar ul Haq's interview posted above. It would help you guys understand just how the entire process was planned.

0tt0man
-delete-

speed
PPP probably will win in 5 years, I think they wanted to give imran the most volatile region of the country to make sure he is out of the equation come 5 years. Nawaz will carry on WOT, drone strikes, probably make deals with ttp to bomb pti areas and there is nothing IK will be able to do apart from protest.

InshaAllah it does not turn out like this.

James
12th May 2013, 20:18
There is a little something in politics called swing. Surely in relative terms it is a good result for PTI.

New democracy is as gradual a process as it is a revolutionary one. Keep your heads screwed onto your shoulders; from what I can see, Imran Khan looks to have the best interests of Pakistan at heart, and this is only the end of the beginning for him.

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 20:19
PTI workers protesting at Teen Talwar

shan
12th May 2013, 20:20
PPP probably will win in 5 years, I think they wanted to give imran the most volatile region of the country to make sure he is out of the equation come 5 years. Nawaz will carry on WOT, drone strikes, probably make deals with ttp to bomb pti areas and there is nothing IK will be able to do apart from protest.

InshaAllah it does not turn out like this.

Punjab is done with PPP, now its PTI turn. Unless Noras can fix allot of things like terrorism and loadshedding.

justarslan
12th May 2013, 20:24
election commission bragging about free and fair election.

It is Fox News slogan here in USA. They are neither free or fair.

Badsha
12th May 2013, 20:29
We're tied at three now.

Dr Shahid Masood was right, and I was laughing at him. He said these elections will be rigged and damn right they were.

I'm not saying it was totally rigged but some constituencies were. PTI deserved 40-50 seats

AZ
12th May 2013, 20:31
:)) :)) :))

theek hai bhai.

Strike!
12th May 2013, 20:33
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3ZIsE3iw_O0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Markhor
12th May 2013, 20:40
http://dawn.com/

QUETTA: Most parts of Pakistan saw major shakeups in political parties’ positions, and Balochistan was no exception. In the troubled province, nationalist parties seem to have emerged as the strongest political players according to the unofficial results of the 2013 elections. The Baloch nationalist group, National Party (NP), got eight provincial assembly seats and two national assembly seats. Similarly, the Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party (PkMAP) secured 10 provincial assembly and three national assembly seats while emerging as the largest parliamentary group in the province. PkMAP won four provincial assembly seats in Quetta city, while PML-N and Majlas Wahdat ul Muslimeen (MWM) each won one seat.

However, the Balochistan National Party led by Baloch nationalist leader Sardar Akhtar Mengal refused to accept PkMAP’s victory and termed it a conspiracy to keep BNP away from parliament.BNP chief Mengal said that his party would not accept the election results and that his party`s victory was ‘turned into’ a defeat deliberately, on two provincial assembly seats, by returning officers.PkMAP chief Mehmood Achakzai won two national assembly seats from Quetta and his hometown Chaman. Achakzai`s victory in Quetta seems to be the result of his party’s stance and criticism of targeted killings of Punjabis and Hazaras. It was mostly settlers who voted for Achakzai on NA-259.According to unofficial results, PML-N won eight provincial assembly seats in Balochistan. PML-N had already unconditionally backed Achakzai for the NA seat in Quetta. Nawaz Sharif and also have strong ties, so an alliance between them appears to be natural when it comes to formation of the future government in Balochistan.Nawaz also happens to get along well with Dr. Malik Baloch and Senator Hasil Bizenjo of NP.

Chances for a coalition government between the three seem strong. Interestingly, the former ruling party PPP could not retain a single seat in Balochistan whereas the evergreen JUI-F of Fazlur Rehman retained six seats in the Pakhtun-dominated areas of Balochistan. JUI-F will prefer to sit on the opposition benches since the party has remained in power for the last ten years in Balochistan with a lion’s share in the provincial government. Voter turnout was low in Baloch areas and a candidate from Awaran won the provincial assembly seat with just six hundred and forty votes. Baloch separatists had opposed the elections and shutter down and wheel jam strikes were observed for three days on the call of Baloch National Front. However, the turn out in Quetta and other Pakthun-dominated areas was high.

PPP wiped out in Balochistan.

786pk
12th May 2013, 20:43

Protests have started already!

Mystrey
12th May 2013, 20:44
:)) :)) :))

theek hai bhai.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9168/37497450955412577162740.jpg

saeedhk
12th May 2013, 20:54
Maulana Fazl want to form government with PLM N in KPK.If they can lure some independents to their camp, PTI would not be able to form government there.

saadibaba
12th May 2013, 20:55
The wrist slitting has begun. PTI supporters need to take a chill pill. I don't think anyone was expecting this margin of victory by PML-N but in a way good. Now they can't hide behind split mandate or blame it on not having a clear majority. Heavy load on PML-N's shoulders now. Hope they do better for the sake of our country.

shan
12th May 2013, 21:02
Maulana Fazl want to form government with PLM N in KPK.If they can lure some independents to their camp, PTI would not be able to form government there.

So PTI didnt even win enough seats to form goverment in KPK? But lets keep blaming Punjabis!

Bewal Express
12th May 2013, 21:05

Its def not an independent ideology that they bring, more to do with how much they can extort from equally desperate crooks wanting power.

Badsha
12th May 2013, 21:09
So PTI didnt even win enough seats to form goverment in KPK? But lets keep blaming Punjabis!

Your hate for Pashtuns is oozing out here.

Anyway, to address Sadibaba, I'm not that sad about the result (well a bit. I expected 40 seats or 45)

I'm sad about ECP and karachi/lahore.

Strike!
12th May 2013, 21:09

They won 31 seats. They are the party with the most votes. JUI F and PML N have around 12 each.

saadibaba
12th May 2013, 21:13
Why was Asad Umar made head of campaign is beyond me.....has he run even a small district campaign before....what has his experience been in politics....what does he really knows about how politics work in Pakistan.....he is a corporate guy with great ideas about the economy....I think PTI made a huge mistake by putting the campaign on his shoulders. Personally I like him though and would have loved to have his as our PM, but running an election campaign requires a whole different set of skills.

saeedhk
12th May 2013, 21:13
They won are winning 31. They are the party with the most votes. JUI F and PML N have around 12 each.

True but what if PML N buys the independent candidates.Then,they can have the majority.

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 21:18
PTI will make Govt in KPK there is no doubt about it.

Badsha
12th May 2013, 21:19
Why was Asad Umar made head of campaign is beyond me.....has he run even a small district campaign before....what has his experience been in politics....what does he really knows about how politics work in Pakistan.....he is a corporate guy with great ideas about the economy....I think PTI made a huge mistake by putting the campaign on his shoulders. Personally I like him though and would have loved to have his as our PM, but running an election campaign requires a whole different set of skills.

He might have made mistakes, but unless we had a real MASTER of an election campaign, I couldn't see us winning more than 60-70 seats.

40 seats would've been really good.

30+ is adequate.

HamzaSaeen
12th May 2013, 21:24
True but what if PML N buys the independent candidates.Then,they can have the majority.

PML-N has clearly said that 'hum awaami mandate ko accept karenge' which, in other words means that PTI will form govt in KPK.

shan
12th May 2013, 21:29
Your hate for Pashtuns is oozing out here.

Anyway, to address Sadibaba, I'm not that sad about the result (well a bit. I expected 40 seats or 45)

I'm sad about ECP and karachi/lahore.

And your and others hate for punjabis is obvious here.

saeed-sohail
12th May 2013, 21:29
Breaking news Aamir zaman of PTI won on recount against gohar ayub in haripur.

HamzaSaeen
12th May 2013, 21:32
This is peepal's mandaayyyte! :asif

Badsha
12th May 2013, 21:33
And your and others hate for punjabis is obvious here.

Tell me one thing I've said against punjabis?

I don't think like that.

sazz
12th May 2013, 21:33
Can somebody post how many seats each Party got?

mastermind_quad
12th May 2013, 21:36
It seems PTI will be opposition's main Party....Good

shan
12th May 2013, 21:37
Tell me one thing I've said against punjabis?

I don't think like that.

And tell me 1 thing i said against pukhtoon? And dont quote that Afghan nationalist lies!

HamzaSaeen
12th May 2013, 21:39
PTI will form a great opposition- would be icing on the cake if Imran becomes opposition leader. Will keep Nawaz in check, unlike last 5 years friendly opposition.

Indiafan
12th May 2013, 21:40
One thing I fail to understand, wasnt the PPP the one in power and not PML-N? Then wouldnt the party in power have a chance to rig? Why would PPP and its police/rangers stay silent and let another party win? And how can a party not in power be able to rig to such an extent?

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 21:41
There was a caretaker setup not PPP in Govt.

Badsha
12th May 2013, 21:43
And tell me 1 thing i said against pukhtoon? And dont quote that Afghan nationalist lies!

That post itself was stinking of pashtoon hate.

Anyway, I don't want to get into this stupid argument. To me, Pashtun Punjabi doesn't matter.

shan
12th May 2013, 21:44
That post itself was stinking of pashtoon hate.

Anyway, I don't want to get into this stupid argument. To me, Pashtun Punjabi doesn't matter.

I just said if PTI cant form goverment in KPK then why blame on Punjabis? What about Balochistan? Nothing in there suggested that.

Badsha
12th May 2013, 21:48

Good news this!

Black Zero
12th May 2013, 21:48
One thing I fail to understand, wasnt the PPP the one in power and not PML-N? Then wouldnt the party in power have a chance to rig? Why would PPP and its police/rangers stay silent and let another party win? And how can a party not in power be able to rig to such an extent?

PML-N have been in power in Punjab for last 30+ years...

Pak_Jazba
12th May 2013, 21:54
Protests starting to take place now in Pindi & Gujranwala as well, after Lahore & Khi.

Mamoon
12th May 2013, 21:55

In spite of massive rigging he still won the majority here which shows how many people voted for PTI.

shan
12th May 2013, 21:57
In spite of massive rigging he still won the majority here which shows how many people voted for PTI.

There was rigging in KPK? Thankfully it was not on scale of MQM Karachi.

insaftak
Good on PTI supporters for completely ignoring top leadership. they have let us down!

FusedBulb
Protests starting to take place now in Pindi & Gujranwala as well, after Lahore & Khi.

Good going. Need this momentum to build up. It's now or never!!

venomousx
12th May 2013, 21:59
Good on PTI supporters for completely ignoring top leadership. they have let us down!

who has? top leadership or the ones protesting?

Pak_Jazba
12th May 2013, 22:00
Any rigging videos available please send it to Arif Alvi on his twitter account, he will be sending those over to SC & ECP

Zarrar
12th May 2013, 22:01
PTI waloN ko Nine Zero kay bahar dharna dayna chahiyay...otherwise no use...

shan
12th May 2013, 22:02
Any rigging videos available please send it to Arif Alvi on his twitter account, he will be sending those over to SC & ECP

ECP is sold out. That bhudda didnt even like to answer anyone question. He just had to say one thing, congrats on free and fair election. :jf

Badsha
12th May 2013, 22:02

the leadership or supporters?

If the supporters, I agree

Just give it a little time. Top leadership are thinking of something I'm sure.

Zarrar
12th May 2013, 22:03

Agreed they should take on MQM direclty but they are shying away and too afraid...

waqar_ahmad
who has? top leadership or the ones protesting?

top leadership. Seems like they have accepted the results

wasim-fan
PTI’s protest over NA-250 rigging continues

http://dawn.com/2013/05/12/ptis-protest-over-na-250-rigging-continues/

sheikhys
As a die hard fan I am really disappointed in our leadership. I have never seen this weak side of IK. Sir Ik this is the time when your tigers are cornered and we need you to lead. As Ik himself said leader leader hota he geedar nahi

Badsha
12th May 2013, 22:04
ECP is sold out. That bhudda didnt even like to answer anyone question. He just had to say one thing, congrats on free and fair election. :jf

I was raging whenever he would say: "Mubarik ho" :@

wasim-fan
12th May 2013, 22:04
http://vimeo.com/65999813

Badsha
12th May 2013, 22:05
PTI waloN ko Nine Zero kay bahar dharna dayna chahiyay...otherwise no use...

Easy to say, but I don't think they want to die.

shan
Guys i dont want IK to come out as loser! Its time to show Pakistan how its done by governing KPK.

Zarrar

I said it at the time when he was appointed that he is bad news.

But PTI walay and their typical naivete, particularly Imran, that Fakhru was acceptable...

Pak_Jazba
ARY just asked : Will Lalik Chowk become the next Tahrir Square?

Zarrar
12th May 2013, 22:07
Hilarious...Altaf has just demanded Karachi be separated from Pakistan in other words a threat of insurgency if their peeeepal maandayte is not accepted...

Now he is threatening those standing at teen talwar...

What a Hitler...

speed
12th May 2013, 22:08
Hilarious...Altaf has just demanded Karachi be separated from Pakistan in other words a threat of insurgency if their peeeepal maandayte is not accepted...

What a Hitler...

Altaf has always wanted his own little state. stupid comment after pml-n won.

waqar_ahmad

Every single person was impressed with PTI's election campaign. It was wonderfully planned. Let's not try to find faults just for the heck of it

Pak_Jazba
Guys i dont want IK to come out as loser! Its time to show Pakistan how its done by governing KPK.

IK is not the loser, the people want their votes truthfully used, and not rigged!. How hard is that to comprehend for some people?

If we could have got even 20-30 more seats it would have made a huge difference to the amount of say we had in the National Assembly, Presidential election, electoral reforms etc..

We need seats and we must fight for it!. Why should PTI easily let go of seats which were ours in the first place?

Zarrar
12th May 2013, 22:09
Altaf has always wanted his own little state.

Really, then what has Kiani and ISI been doing all these years...sorry I forgot selling Pakistans to Americans and killing Pakistanis on behalf of NATO...

Vegitto1
12th May 2013, 22:09
PTI supporter make #LalikChowk the new Tehrir Square!!!! #RiggingAgainstPTI

venomousx
12th May 2013, 22:10
top leadership. Seems like they have accepted the results

i fully support everything you have said in this thread. I will be in pak within the next few days, can't wait to be a part of the protests! you and insaftak should carry on with your jazba. been following you guys on here since forever!

karachiite
12th May 2013, 22:11

Is this NA or provincial seat?

Runner Up
12th May 2013, 22:12
Bhai Time :altaf

shan
12th May 2013, 22:14

What a Hitler...

Karachi isnt MQM jagheer, if not for blatant rigging then MQM would have lost! He knows that he's days are numbred, not enough MQM urdu speaking votes anymore. Next generation want something better then militant party in Karachi.

shan
12th May 2013, 22:14
Is this NA or provincial seat?

NA i think.

Madplayer
12th May 2013, 22:15
Its Really disappointing to see this fat *** again in power

Badsha
12th May 2013, 22:15
Imran Khan and other leaders have tweeted that ECP should take action.

The leaders should join the protests!

Relection and Justice needed.

Badsha
12th May 2013, 22:17
Top leadership should join the protest!

chacha kashmiri
12th May 2013, 22:18

What a Hitler...

this speech is funny, would be even funnier if he wasnt the biggest terrorist in pakistan

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 22:19
i fully support everything you have said in this thread. I will be in pak within the next few days, can't wait to be a part of the protests! you and insaftak should carry on with your jazba. been following you guys on here since forever!

Thanks!

I've been going crazy on facebook and twitter. I dont think people realize the seriousness of all this. Half of PTI voters will be disillusioned and iwll never vote again in their lives if Imran doesnt protest. This country will be in a bigger mess.

I have asked PTI leadership about calls for a march. Im seriously ********, and if nothing happens, this country is royally screwed

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 22:21
Altaf threatening protesters. And now all the Altaf lovers on here will defend him

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 22:22
Imran Khan and other leaders have tweeted that ECP should take action.

The leaders should join the protests!

Relection and Justice needed.

I have been reading those tweets from Imran, and I hope he is just kidding. ECP and taking action against thugs are mutually exclusive.

Friend786
12th May 2013, 22:23
Altaf Hussain trending worldwide on twitter . Bhai ki power !! lol

shan
12th May 2013, 22:26
Altaf Hussain trending worldwide on twitter . Bhai ki power !! lol

#TuQwasRight

Tuq was right!

Strike!
12th May 2013, 22:26
Altaf Hussain openly threatening protestors. Where are the MQM defenders?

Reverselap
12th May 2013, 22:29
Altaf Hussain openly threatening protestors. Where are the MQM defenders?

What threat?

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 22:32
PTI ‏@PTIofficial tweeting, calling for protests.

Is this actually an official PTI account? I have been following it for a while, but want to confirm, coz if it is, then PTI is officially calling people for protests

justarslan
12th May 2013, 22:33

PML-N had Govt. in Punjab, MQM, PPP and might be some other Parties had Govt. in Sindh. ANP had Govt. in KP. PML-N gave tickets to all the electable who have their goons to rig the elections. MQM did the rigging in Karachi.

oyei
12th May 2013, 22:33
Is this protest going to have any impact?

Showman
12th May 2013, 22:34
lol Altaf Hussain saying Karachi should seperate from Pakistan and threatening the protesters.

Reverselap
MQM did no rigging. Bring proof or believe me, this is Libel and hamare pas Bori mei itne pese hai to buy Lawyers if you are in Karachi

Badsha
A leader of PTI needs to join the protests. Don't leave them out there like that! Don't let this fizzle out.

karachiite
12th May 2013, 22:35
Altaf threatening protesters. And now all the Altaf lovers on here will defend him

Kya bolay bhai?

Reverselap
12th May 2013, 22:35
lol Altaf Hussain saying Karachi should seperate from Pakistan and threatening the protesters.

He said No such thing. He said that if only Karachi should have a repoll, it's not a part of Pakistan, because the rest of it doesn't have one

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 22:36
Kya bolay bhai?

bus itna ne keh sakta hoon mei. Bori se der lagta hai

oyei
12th May 2013, 22:37
MQM did no rigging. Bring proof or believe me, this is Libel and hamare pas Bori mei itne pese hai to buy Lawyers if you are in Karachi

Huh?

Pak_Jazba
12th May 2013, 22:39
Altaf has just said if he orders he can kill all these supporters at once.

Reverselap
12th May 2013, 22:40
Huh?

We have Money in Bori to sue if you are in Karachi :)

Aqalmand ke liye Ishare hi Kafi hai

waqar_ahmad

I agree with this. MQM have no reason to rig. They already get most of the votes in karachi. Gabol got 1,80,000 votes! Why would MQM rig when their candidates can get 1,80,000 votes!

Reverselap
Altaf has just said if he orders he can kill all these supporters at once.

No, he did not.

oyei
12th May 2013, 22:41
So politician in england is threatening the citizen of pakistan for protesting peacefully, where is tony blair to wage war to spread democracy?

Pak_Jazba
12th May 2013, 22:41
Loving it. JI workers have joined PTI in Karachi. I wish i was there.

Pak_Jazba
12th May 2013, 22:42
No, he did not.

Its all over news channels. True face of your leader has been revealed. Freakin terrorist

oyei
12th May 2013, 22:42
We have Money in Bori to sue if you are in Karachi :)

Aqalmand ke liye Ishare hi Kafi hai

Awe you are cute

Reverselap
12th May 2013, 22:43
Its all over news channels. True face of your leader has been revealed. Freakin terrorist
Us ne kha wo teen talwar ko talwar se chilnhi kr le ga, logo ko nhi. You people should come to Karachi, and you will understand how nice he is. Mashallah, a great man

PakPrince
12th May 2013, 22:43
PTI leaders need to join us tomorrow at Shara-e-Faiisal protest and make sure that there is protection

Altaf Hussain is coming to an end Inshallah

Anfield
12th May 2013, 22:44
So Jangeen Tareen lost too? Why even hold the elections? Should have given the government to N league.

waqar_ahmad
12th May 2013, 22:44
PPP leader from Lyari just joined the PTI protest in khi. Where is PTI's leadership?

Pak_Jazba
12th May 2013, 22:45
Who the hell is he to ask Karachi to be seperated from Pakistan.

We are Pakistani not your property mr. Altaf!!

Reverselap
PTI leaders need to join us tomorrow at Shara-e-Faiisal protest and make sure that there is protection

So you're going to Shara-e-Faisal tomorrow? I will see if we can organise a counter protest against PTI :)

venomousx
if i can guess anything from reading the tweets, IK wants us to fully protest before anything else!!

waqar_ahmad

PakPrince

Are you going to the protest tomorrow?

Also, what;s the situation on the ground in Karachi? Who is organizing these protests?

Pak_Jazba
PPP leader from Lyari just joined the PTI protest in khi. Where is PTI's leadership?

This is getting big. I expect ANP to join as well in sometime.

Reverselap
12th May 2013, 22:46
Who the hell is he to ask Karachi to be seperated from Pakistan.

We are Pakistani not your property mr. Altaf!!

He did not, he said that Karachi should be separated if only Karachi is to be repolled. And he is the leader of Karachi, his mandate is ours :)

Pak_Jazba
if i can guess anything from reading the tweets, IK wants us to fully protest before anything else!!

Exactly there is no point going to ECP and SC because they won't do anything till they are pressurized by the people.

Mamoon
There was rigging in KPK? Thankfully it was not on scale of MQM Karachi.

Bilour did a lot of rigging. But it was still much less than what happened elsewhere

Reverselap
Shara-e-Faisal par hi PTI kr skti hai, where Navy and AirForce bases will protect them. Himmat hai to Nine Zero aye!

shan
I dont think MQM will dare to attack protesters. They should be afraid of Sher-e-Punjab.

PTI
12th May 2013, 22:47
Bus ker jao yaar. Gradual process. It is a gradual process, but that doesnt mean all the state institutions start rigging the elections. You are taking that "gradual process" statement out of context

Waqar bhai, Yaar actually the problem with these people is that they are not understanding that we ****in have no system in place.
I would have accepted defeat even with this kind of rigging had their any hope of maturity and evolution of process.
But whats happening is blatant gangster ... Yes, i am calling GANGSTAR SAAD RAFIQUE because the way he did all this rigging without any fear and with the help of polling agent staff and with the help of police.Its even worse than what gangsters do in daylight.

I was regretting for not going to pak to vote because my passport was submitted for processing etc and i couldnt went.
But after seeing all of this what happened and the way PTI leadership acted and still acting.
I feel for those guys who went from abroad to pak to vote.
If others parties use their common supporters and at the time of need let them helpless and at this time when All nation woke up and responded on the call of IK and after rigging now gangsters are in power and these PTI supporters are left with no power to save themselves and If PTI will not stand at this time than what is the difference between them and other parties?

I WANT PTI LEADERSHIP TO BE ON ROADS if not for themselves than atleast for the common person of pakistan and for killing of our hopes and efforts.

shan
12th May 2013, 22:48
Shara-e-Faisal par hi PTI kr skti hai, where Navy and AirForce bases will protect them. Himmat hai to Nine Zero aye!

MQM days are coming to end, 25% of urdu speaking population in Karachi cant rule for ever. :jf

chacha kashmiri
Us ne kha wo teen talwar ko talwar se chilnhi kr le ga, logo ko nhi. You people should come to Karachi, and you will understand how nice he is. Mashallah, a great man

something about how some isi supporting the taliban and some goons support mqm

apparently he also threatened non urdu speaking residents

Professor
He did not, he said that Karachi should be separated if only Karachi is to be repolled. And he is the leader of Karachi, his mandate is ours :)

Stop making it sound like Altaf owns Karachi. I know many Urdu speakers and Karachites who are sick and tired of MQM.