PDA

View Full Version : Official Pakistan 2013 General Elections thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

waqar_ahmad
8th April 2013, 06:14
^ Very disappointed with PTI lahore.

Lahore is the most important city for the elections, and so much turbulence there is not a good sign. I am not sure how Imran can kick Aleem Khan group, since they are elected people.

Also, it will definitely impact the party big time. With just a month left in the elections, kicking out a whole group from a city like Lahore is going to hurt the party

zimmz
8th April 2013, 06:23
^Waqar kicking means no ticket. The obvious reaction ot that will be resignation from party.
Aleem khan was present in that protest where Mansha Sindhu said he joined PTI only for ticket and not to run around lahore raising PTI flag. Both of these guys were in the list of ticket awardees but they have made the situation worse. At least mansha sindhu won't get ticket even if Aleem khan does. In other words their exposing protest won't improve any thing for them.

insaftak
8th April 2013, 06:29
Aleem Khan Group has already lost Rasheed Bhatti :)

shan
8th April 2013, 07:21
:))) :))) :)))

My personal favourites were Quaid-e-Azam being born on 23rd March and Allama Iqbal wrote the national anthem.

Some classics in this video as well.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wwTqgeUZgPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry but why ask religious questions? This is so dumb, no wonder Pakistan is no better then gutter.

insaftak
8th April 2013, 07:22
Just wondering, if it was alright to have a smile on face while reading this? May 11th is the "Revenge day"

http://www.naibaat.com.pk/nbfinal/ePaper/lahore/08-04-2013/Detail/p1_25.jpg

shehzi
8th April 2013, 07:50
PPP & Zardari is considering to boycott Elections

http://learningpk.com/ppp-zardari-is-considering-to-boycott-elections/

Red Devil
8th April 2013, 08:12
^ Too good to be true.

waqar goraya
8th April 2013, 15:07
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/551289_440208452733090_1828922852_n.jpg

Junoon...

baalti
8th April 2013, 15:30
PPP & Zardari is considering to boycott Elections

http://learningpk.com/ppp-zardari-is-considering-to-boycott-elections/

like IK said, jo 2-3 seatain milni thien woh bhi nahin milain gi...

spinDoc
8th April 2013, 15:55
MNA/MPA from last goverment are completely satisfied with themselves . They know they will lose election ,some are not even standing for re-election but they are happy . They have made enough money in last 5 yrs that they dont care about seat that much ,they know what ever happens to pak or inflation they are safe money wise.

They also know people have short memories and money talks so they are hoping for a come back in not this election but the next.

AZ
8th April 2013, 16:18
apparently ECP has declared that there will be no overseas voting in these elections.

Badsha
8th April 2013, 16:21
Good. I was afraid the government would abuse the overseas votes. A dent in PTI's vote bank for sure but it's okay, we'll have to do with the locals

AZ
8th April 2013, 16:24
which government would abuse the vote, the caretaker one? and why?

AZ
8th April 2013, 16:30
PTI leader booked under ‘rape’ charges

April 08, 2013 ASIM QADEER RANA

Islamabad - As a major setback to Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI), Islamabad police have recently booked one of the advisors of Imran Khan on charges of allegedly raping wife of his business partner.

The case that is currently under investigation of Islamabad police somehow could not draw attention of local media for the reason to be known yet. However, Station House Officer of Islamabad Women police Station, where an FIR was lodged against central leader of PTI on 3rd of April, believes police would soon reach into depth of the case. Surprisingly, the man is none other than advisor to chairman Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) Imaran Khan on minority affair Sajid Ishaq whom his business partner accused of allegedly raping his wife.
According to details, the complainant, Zafar Iqbal, a bank officer by profession, filed an application with Islamabad women police station that Sajid Ishaq forcibly raped his wife Shazia Zafar. He mentioned it clearly through his written complaint that both he and the accused have family relations and were running an NGO jointly. He accused his partner of establishing extramarital relationship with his wife.
Taking up the application, Women Police station has registered FIR against Ishaq under section 338-A, 506 and started investigating the case. When contacted Sajid Ishaq, owner of the renowned NGO that is working for interfaith harmony and leader of PTI, said the allegations were baseless and the FIR was registered on fake evidence.
“My political rivals want to harass me but I will face the allegation. However, I have got bail before arrest until 9 April from the Session Judge Islamabad,” Sajid Ishaq said.
Station House Officer SHO women Police Station Sadaf while talking to The Nation on Sunday confirmed that police have registered the FIR against Sajid Ishaq. She said that both complainant and accused was the business partners and that Sajid Ishaq threatened the complainant Zafar Iqbal on her wife issues with dire consequences.
“We are investigating into the case,” said the SHO, refusing to share further information regarding the case.

Naya Pakistan?

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/islamabad/08-Apr-2013/pti-leader-booked-under-rape-charges

Badsha
8th April 2013, 16:37
Prolly a stupid allegation.

Eagle_Eye
8th April 2013, 16:55
Naya Pakistan?

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/islamabad/08-Apr-2013/pti-leader-booked-under-rape-charges

Seriously are you rejoicing?

1. The charges are filed by the husband and NOT the lady!

2. He is accusing them of extramarital relations.

Seems consensual just from what the man has filed.

waqar_ahmad
8th April 2013, 17:02
^ Someone forgot to read the actual text of the report coz if his happiness over a PTI worker being accused of something

waqar goraya
8th April 2013, 17:53
I do not mind if some one dislikes Imran but i do feel sorry when an educated individual likes Nawaz :facepalm:

Waseem
8th April 2013, 18:03
^ Someone forgot to read the actual text of the report coz if his happiness over a PTI worker being accused of something

Whatever it takes to downplay "Naya Pakistan" slogan :)

PTI gave tickets to 29 new candidates in KPK out of 35 and response of PMLN?
Huh 6 are still old, is this your Naya Pakistan?

MR__KHAN__JI
8th April 2013, 18:14
I do not mind if some one dislikes Imran but i do feel sorry when an educated individual likes Nawaz :facepalm:

I find it completely incomprehensible.

Unless there is a personal interest.

waqar_ahmad
8th April 2013, 18:32
Whatever it takes to downplay "Naya Pakistan" slogan :)

PTI gave tickets to 29 new candidates in KPK out of 35 and response of PMLN?
Huh 6 are still old, is this your Naya Pakistan?

Had they given all 35 tickets to new candidates, PMLN would have come back with the usual "no experience" excuse

asifp
8th April 2013, 18:33
apparently ECP has declared that there will be no overseas voting in these elections.

There goes a a huge PTI vote bank!

AZ
8th April 2013, 20:39
Seriously are you rejoicing?

1. The charges are filed by the husband and NOT the lady!

2. He is accusing them of extramarital relations.

Seems consensual just from what the man has filed.

how am I rejoicing?

is PTI not the one party that boastfully claims to have people of unimpeachable character in their movement, and continue to lambast other parties for that?

cricwiz
8th April 2013, 20:51
how am I rejoicing?

is PTI not the one party that boastfully claims to have people of unimpeachable character in their movement, and continue to lambast other parties for that?

Well, I think you have misinterpreted PTI's stance.... PTI has always been talking about avoiding people who are financially corrupt or are tax evaders... because they will be dealing with State's money in the end...

And about moral corruption... any party (or any institution) can only filter/select people based on general character.

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
8th April 2013, 21:17
So Musharraf is a bad Muslim in Punjab and Karachi but a good one in Chitral!!!

Eagle_Eye
8th April 2013, 21:57
how am I rejoicing?

So you have based on one man's word convicted and maligned the character of the other? Bear in mind the supposed rape victim has not made a complaint to the police. Instead, the husband has accused her of extra marital affair.

But tell me, is this man corrupt and not fit to hold public office?

AZ
8th April 2013, 22:06
So you have based on one man's word convicted and maligned the character of the other? Bear in mind the supposed rape victim has not made a complaint to the police. Instead, the husband has accused her of extra marital affair.

But tell me, is this man corrupt and not fit to hold public office?

you read the line about extramarital affair but not the one before it stating forcibly raped? :dav

may just be me but yea I would think a (if proven) rapist is not fit to hold public office...how about you, would it acceptable?

waqar_ahmad
8th April 2013, 22:16
^ Rapist is not fit to hold public office. But this has nothing to do with the party. So i am not sure why you are linking this with Naya Pakistan concept.

Or do you include this in the same bucket as ppp and pmln thugs looting public wealth through corruption, with the help and knowledge of the party?

PakistanPaindabad
8th April 2013, 23:00
If someone commits a crime, they should be dealt with in accordance to the law..

It is naive to think that everyone in the party will always be a law abiding citizen, its not the fact that a party's worker breaks the law, its how the party deals with law breakers...that's Naya Pakistan iA :)

when he has gone through the due course of law and found guilty, lets see how the party deals with that before making judgments :)

PML(N) supporters should worry about their own party - hum nay badla hai punjab, hum badlay gay Pakistan with one fake degree at a time..oh and also, by being bank defaulters, oh and also being looters and abusers like anjum Aqeel khan..aur hum pooray kay pooray Pakistan mein epherdine bhi phila dein gay - please keep supporting the sharif family :)

On NS tax declaration in his papers-
Nawaz Sharif assets grew by 956 million during one year
http://www.geo.tv/GeoDetail.aspx?ID=95216

waqar goraya
8th April 2013, 23:54
I find it completely incomprehensible.

Unless there is a personal interest.

We have plenty of Nawaz league fans among our educated youth ,who are impressed by some roads,laptops and youth festivals.....

These educated ones should know their rights better than an illeterate individual...people do not consider efficient and transparent Police system,good educational facilities and hospitals as their primary rights....

Anfield
9th April 2013, 00:10
I talked about it before too but my theory is that SMQ is keeping his options open by doing this. In case PTI is unable to make an impact in the coming elections, SMQ will then be free to join any party in the govt. as the 18th amendment rule of not being able to change parties will not apply to him as he would have won his seat as an independent.

even if contests elections as an independent in Sindh, he's still contesting elections as a PTI member from another seat. The rule of not joining other parties after the election would still apply.

insaftak
9th April 2013, 02:15
So who else received an e-mail from Imran Khan today?

http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs190/1112530302874/img/17.jpg

Dear PTI Supporters,

Being on the campaign trail, I have interacted with people all over the country and I am happy to share with you that Change has come to Pakistan!

This beautiful land of ours has suffered at the hands of Status quo for the past 65 years. They have failed miserably to improve the lives of its citizens. They have missed the noble opportunity of serving Pakistan because they were too busy serving themselves.

The General Elections of 2013 will be a pivotal moment in our history. The other parties will use money stolen from our country's honest, hardworking, taxpaying citizens. On the other hand, we will be armed with the passion of those citizens and our people living outside of Pakistan who wish to see a Change in Pakistan. Our people have realized that Pakistan is declining and they must take ownership of the country. They have decided to stand up against the Status quo and I am happy to tell you that people have chosen Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf as the means to save Pakistan.

It has taken us seventeen years to get to this point. Many sacrifices have been made, but I can tell you that it has all been well worth it. The once in a lifetime opportunity to create a 'Naya Pakistan' is knocking at our door. It is just 33 days away. I invite you to participate in this historic movement by joining my Tabdeeli Razakar team at http://tabdeeli.insaf.pk and/or by contributing $50 (Rs. 5000) or more to our Naya Pakistan fund at http://elections.insaf.pk/NayaPakistanFund or via the PayPal link below:

As a PTI supporter, you have played a phenomenal role in our success. Continue being part of the change you are seeking, we are only a few days away from building a Naya Pakistan!

Imran Khan
Chairman
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf

insaftak
9th April 2013, 02:25
People in Punjab getting very angry with daily load-shedding of 12+ Hours :)

insaftak
9th April 2013, 03:09
Did he really say that?

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/579640_4736641537123_303496108_n.jpg

mnoman15
9th April 2013, 04:07

I got it ... I also donated quite an huge amount to PTI but did not hear any thing. Nor do I care but it would be nice if they can send thanks email to all contributors to motivate them to pay more. Can you please pass this message ?

spinDoc
9th April 2013, 06:05
Naya Pakistan?

The guy accused is Pakistani first and PTI member second so all Pakistani men are rapist.Good logic. Naya Pakistan

insaaniyat
9th April 2013, 07:05
how am I rejoicing?

You r a good poster. If you r against PTI thats ok. I just hope an intelligent poster like you should not favor PPP or PMLN.

Badsha
9th April 2013, 07:28
You r a good poster. If you r against PTI thats ok. I just hope an intelligent poster like you should not favor PPP or PMLN.

I don't think AZ has publicly accepted it but I personally think he is a BIG time noora. :shafiq

waqar_ahmad
9th April 2013, 09:00

I received it, and even though it was s simple email, I felt really good reading it.

amateurdentist
9th April 2013, 09:15
Why didnt imran send me an email!!!!
I even went to his jalsa
Dont worry i will still vote for PTI

AZ
9th April 2013, 10:27

thanks, will take that under advisement.

I don't think AZ has publicly accepted it but I personally think he is a BIG time noora. :shafiq

I have nothing more than a passing interest in politics, simply pointing out obvious hypocrisies.

anyways,

‘Prohibitively expensive’: ECP opposes online vote for expatriates

NADRA chairman Tariq Malik, said that the software had been prepared for online voting but he was unaware of the legal aspects.
ISLAMABAD:

The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) took an unexpected U-turn when it opposed an online voting system for overseas Pakistanis, terming it expensive, time-consuming, and impracticable.

In its report submitted to the Supreme Court on Monday, the ECP contended that facilitating eligible overseas Pakistanis to cast their votes in the upcoming general elections was not advisable.

Quoting the unanimous decision of a committee comprising officials from ECP, NADRA and IT ministry, the commission stated that allowing overseas Pakistanis to vote through an uncertified computer system could be disastrous for the electoral process.

The Supreme Court had earlier directed the secretaries of law and justice, information technology, foreign affairs, ministry of oversees Pakistanis and the ECP, as well as the chairman NADRA to undertake coordinated efforts for devising a mechanism which would enable overseas Pakistanis to cast their votes in the coming polls.

NADRA chairman Tariq Malik, when approached, said that the software had been prepared for online voting but he was unaware of legal and technical aspects of the issue. “I will try convincing ECP and other institutions during today’s (April 9) briefing,” he added.

A representative of the ECP told The Express Tribune that NADRA’s software was imperfect, “If we exercise this option then as per the ‘one minute one vote’ facility only 6,000 overseas Pakistanis will be able to cast their vote,” he added.

The ECP report stated that comprehensive legislation is required to define a mechanism for extending voting rights for expatriate Pakistanis. It highlighted that the election schedule has already been announced, thus making voting arrangements for overseas Pakistanis impractical in a short span of time. The report emphasised that any decision taken in haste had the potential to create unforeseen problems and seriously damage the credibility of the upcoming elections, both within the country and abroad.

In its report, the commission noted that, “If we are unable to establish polling stations in all 120 countries where Pakistanis live, then it will go against the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), which Pakistan has ratified.”

In addition, the commission stated that following the principle of universal suffrage, the commission would have to provide voting facilities to overseas Pakistanis near their place of residence abroad, making the cost of the exercise prohibitively expensive.

A three-judge bench headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry and comprising Justice Gulzar Ahmed and Justice Sheikh Azmat Saeed was hearing two identical petitions seeking the right to suffrage for overseas Pakistanis. The court will take up issue on April 11.

Published in The Express Tribune, April 9th, 2013.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/533055/prohibitively-expensive-ecp-opposes-online-vote-for-expatriates/

zimmz
9th April 2013, 15:45
Why didnt imran send me an email!!!!

Those who are registered member at insaf.pk receive emails.

insaftak
9th April 2013, 19:48
I got it ... I also donated quite an huge amount to PTI but did not hear any thing. Nor do I care but it would be nice if they can send thanks email to all contributors to motivate them to pay more. Can you please pass this message ?

I did send a message to few people that are connected to officials. Lets see what they do. This does need some fixing.

asifp
9th April 2013, 21:17
ECP has bascially cleared everyone. I was on their website. So many people dont even have tax records. How can you stand for election if you have not submitted your taxes!

and some of the incomes are a joke.

waqar_ahmad
9th April 2013, 21:20
^ ECP is a joke. Even those who were disqualified for fake degrees were done on the orders of the SC. Otherwise they would have made their way into the elections again.

Someone has filed a petition in the SC that no tax defaulters have been disqualified. I am hoping this results in something

srh
10th April 2013, 00:48
basically ECP has not implemented the articles 62&63 correctly

farazaidi
10th April 2013, 01:07
Naya Pakistan?

Why dont you just admit about your soft-corner for Nawaz? it'll be much easier to debate :shafiq

As for your question, it is a case against moral character of a person, has nothing to do with his profession or the party he is affiliated with. Please do not mistake it with money laundry cases against PPP or other corruption cases against PML-N leadership. I hope you are educated enough to differentiate between the two :misbah_old

shaz619
10th April 2013, 01:41
The elections will be rigged, there is no such thing as democracy in pakistan. Almost every leader is corrupt and the only way to win is through corrupt means. The guys hand out free rotis to an entire village for votes etc this is the state of pakistan, the best you can do is educate ourselves in countries such as the UK/USA and then go back to pak and build your own schools/mosques etc to give people an education which will give them hope in life.

srh
10th April 2013, 02:19
Why dont you just admit about your soft-corner for Nawaz? it'll be much easier to debate :shafiq

As for your question, it is a case against moral character of a person, has nothing to do with his profession or the party he is affiliated with. Please do not mistake it with money laundry cases against PPP or other corruption cases against PML-N leadership. I hope you are educated enough to differentiate between the two :misbah_old
If ECP had implemented articles 62 & 63 correctly both Nawaz Sharif and Imran Khan would be disqualified for elections.

saadibaba
10th April 2013, 02:48
even if contests elections as an independent in Sindh, he's still contesting elections as a PTI member from another seat. The rule of not joining other parties after the election would still apply.

I am not so sure about that, can u please quote me the source you got that information from.

srh
10th April 2013, 02:54
this rule will not apply if he wins the election as an independent in Sindh and decides to keep that seat. then he will go in National Assembly as an independent and he is free to join any party or stay independent.

saadibaba
10th April 2013, 02:56
If ECP had implemented articles 62 & 63 correctly both Nawaz Sharif and Imran Khan would be disqualified for elections.

If ECP had implemented article 62 and 63 correctly, I doubt if most of us (Awam of Pakistan) would even be eligible to contest elections. Democracy is all about representation from within the people. If our country was full of Sadiqs and Ameens, our leaders would have had no problem passing this test.

waqar_ahmad
10th April 2013, 02:59
^ well said.

However, financial corruption should have been checked at least.

baalti
10th April 2013, 03:06
The elections will be rigged, there is no such thing as democracy in pakistan. Almost every leader is corrupt and the only way to win is through corrupt means. The guys hand out free rotis to an entire village for votes etc this is the state of pakistan, the best you can do is educate ourselves in countries such as the UK/USA and then go back to pak and build your own schools/mosques etc to give people an education which will give them hope in life.

bhai jaan aik bar you leave pakistan, i dont think you will be going back with such nice thoughts... you will be quite busy filling your own banks with $$$/trying to lead a good life (which there is nothing wrong with)... but you wont be all or as charitable... :shafiq

0tt0man
10th April 2013, 14:54
As was expected, Faisal Saleh Hayat, Ayaz Amir and Abid Imam's papers have been accepted after they were cleared in the hearing.

waqar_ahmad
10th April 2013, 16:28
^ I see the same happening in cases of CH Nisar and Raja rental

waqar goraya
10th April 2013, 16:29
So,among all the 20,000 plus aspirants almost none of them is defaulter or does not pay his taxes.........................:))) :)))

Faisalabad
10th April 2013, 16:59
Now Dasti cleared...what a joke...in someway one wonders Qadri had a point about this ECP.

waqar goraya
10th April 2013, 17:03
This is called muk muka

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
10th April 2013, 19:37
Well they still need to be cleared by the people. Awam ki adalat sab se BADI adalat.If people vote these guys in again then so be it.

Bashira_taeli
10th April 2013, 19:47
http://www.thenewstribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Lawyers1.jpg

Pipliya lawyers beating up the lawyer who filed objection against the nomination papers of Qaim Ali Shah

waqar_ahmad
10th April 2013, 19:56
Well they still need to be cleared by the people. Awam ki adalat sab se BADI adalat.If people vote these guys in again then so be it.

Yaar, you know this is not true. In pakistan, awam ke adalat doesnt take into account tax and loan defaults.

CJ said that fake degree holders will not qualify. Yet, Dasti just got his conviction overturned. I am really disappointed at this

srh
10th April 2013, 20:12
Now Dasti cleared...what a joke...in someway one wonders Qadri had a point about this ECP.
yes he was right about ECP; they appointed a respected person as the chief election commissioner so people cannot go too much against ECP but behind the scenes there is no accountability.

insaftak
10th April 2013, 21:58
I don't believe in Technical knockouts.

We have to beat them on May 11. People are watching what's happening and they have a decent choice in front of them this time. If they still vote for them then that's their choice.

insaftak
10th April 2013, 22:00
PTI Ad on Tv

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=587776201247452" width="720" height="404" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Badsha
10th April 2013, 22:02

We have to beat them on May 11. People are watching what's happening and they have a decent choice in front of them this time. If they still vote for them then that's their choice.

The fifty percent awaam without television sets do not "See what's happening".

It's not about "believing" in technical knockouts or not. It's about principals. Fake degree holders and defaulters should NOT be allowed to contest elections.

insaftak
10th April 2013, 22:02
another PTI ad on TV!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=586334818051209" width="720" height="576" frameborder="0"></iframe>

insaftak
10th April 2013, 22:04

It's not about "believing" in technical knockouts or not. It's about principals. Fake degree holders and defaulters should NOT be allowed to contest elections.

Awam Did not have Tv in 1946, Awam Did not have Tv in 1970.

Do not count out Awam just yet!

waqar goraya
10th April 2013, 22:09
Awam Did not have Tv in 1946, Awam Did not have Tv in 1970.

Do not count out Awam just yet!

Because awaam also have newspapers :P

0tt0man
10th April 2013, 22:19
Why haven't they announced their Punjab candidates yet?
Failure to meet deadlines. Hakumat main aa kar kia karein gey? :P

Anfield
10th April 2013, 22:22

Everything has a time and process. If you start throwing all the people with fake degrees and loan defaulters out especially big fishes you will create so much chaos and this in return may delay the elections.

This process of proper scrutiny should have started long time ago with members of National assembly and provincial assembly.

insaftak
10th April 2013, 22:23
^^

Playing games with PMLN?

waqar_ahmad
10th April 2013, 22:52

I actually kind of agree with this. I was angry at first, but think about it rationally. If major PPP and PMLN candidates get disqualified, they will cry foul, and hurt the credibility of these elections.

Honestly, I dont think these disqualifications will have ANY impact on the results whatsoever. If dasti can win, so can his brother from the same seat. Same applies to others as well.

People need to make a a choice. If they want thugs to rule them, then so be it. They will select other thugs if the current ones are disqualified

Kianig89
10th April 2013, 23:08
PTI will have to win and if Nooras n Pee Pee won through any dodgyness then i urge everyone to run riot and anyone is PTI doing jalsa at Liaquat Bagh on MAy 9....:13:

PakistanPaindabad
10th April 2013, 23:45
PTI Jalsas to start on April 18th from Lodhran..

Anyone know what they will be doing till then? will they be working in their own respective constituencies?

IK needs to also put the work in in the Lahore and Rawalpindi Constituencies.

Badsha
10th April 2013, 23:45
I actually kind of agree with this. I was angry at first, but think about it rationally. If major PPP and PMLN candidates get disqualified, they will cry foul, and hurt the credibility of these elections.

Honestly, I dont think these disqualifications will have ANY impact on the results whatsoever. If dasti can win, so can his brother from the same seat. Same applies to others as well.

People need to make a a choice. If they want thugs to rule them, then so be it. They will select other thugs if the current ones are disqualified

But again, it's not a question of what will benefit us or in what "way" we want to win.

Like I said, it's a matter of principals. Just because Dastis brother will win from the same constituency, it doesn't mean the laws wont apply to him.

The bottom line is, fake degree holders and defaulters need to be disqualifies, disregarding what or who it affects

waqar_ahmad
10th April 2013, 23:50
^ of course, I am not disagreeing with the principals part. But our democracy isn't ripe enough to implement all the required rules and principals. That's a sad fact.

If PTI wins the elections, and delivers, then the next time around, EC can kick the thugs out of the elections, and no one will complain. Until then, these disqualifications will raise eyebrows, and only allow these thugs to become victims, and get sympathy votes for their party

MRSN
11th April 2013, 00:38
"Name 15 fruits in English"..one of the questions asked by Returning Officers.:)))

srh
11th April 2013, 00:52
whats up with NA-240 seat in Karachi? Just saw previous 2 results from this seat and MQM barely won this seat with only 6K margin.

2002 Results:
Sarkaruddin Advocate MQM 30408
Moulana Shireen Muhammad MMA 22764
Muhammad Buksh Lashari PPP 15374
K.S. Mujahid Khan Baloch PMLQ 6090
Mr.Muhammad Iftikhar Ahmed Bhatti ST 6063

2008 Results:
Khawaja Sohail Mansoor MQM 67799
Abdullah Bloch PPPP 61017

who are the candidates now for this seat? If JI & JUI makes an alliance with PPP or PTI they will win this seat.

srh
11th April 2013, 02:29
this is pretty good I think:

http://votermaps.appspot.com/

asifp
11th April 2013, 04:46
Tahiq Ul Qadri was spot on about this ECP. it sold out and its corrupt to the cored.

The awam of Pakistan has been fooled once again.

Tax evaders, loan defaulters are back to rule the roost.

Shame on your Ebrahim sahab.

zimmz
11th April 2013, 06:28
Best summary of corruption in last 5 years - a must watch show!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I2l46EhcEiU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

insaftak
11th April 2013, 06:50
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/559893_575452215809418_1388284705_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/529341_575449889142984_1522227166_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/544355_575431229144850_1298272865_n.jpg

Black Zero
11th April 2013, 07:05
there is 1% chance of these 25%...

anyway, good luck for next election :nawaz

amateurdentist
11th April 2013, 07:08
realism is good but people do need optimism at this time. there is no harm in trying. Failure only makes people stronger and better!

insaftak
11th April 2013, 07:16
there is 1% chance of these 25%...

anyway, good luck for next election :nawaz

Tsunami or No Tsunami.

Murad Saeed has good chance of winning in Swat.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/562990_328900483879011_1822424561_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/561460_449755821771797_1921434329_n.jpg

insaftak
11th April 2013, 09:18
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/164916_458735910870120_1960089156_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/555777_360689757366269_883577554_n.jpg

shehzi
11th April 2013, 10:35
Tsunami or No Tsunami.

Murad Saeed has good chance of winning in Swat.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/562990_328900483879011_1822424561_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/561460_449755821771797_1921434329_n.jpg

can anybody tell me contact of this guy from PATOKI ? ... we have dairy farm in patoki, i can arrange a jalsa and help in other ways....

Down2Earth
11th April 2013, 12:26
jamshed dasti is back with a bang and i'm 100% certain that this "shaheed" will get reelected. expect all the fake degree holders to get acquitted now. there's no way he has a legit degree. i bet the judge even knew it was perjury on the witnesses part

waqar goraya
11th April 2013, 16:01
Supreme Court has once again ordered ECP to ensure participation of overseas voters on May 11....

the Great Khan
11th April 2013, 16:39
does anyone have a link to all of PTI's candidates? or has this not been decided yet?

Waseem
11th April 2013, 17:02
https://www.facebook.com/video/video...55241164520346 (https://www.facebook.com/video/video...55241164520346)

New Song by Atta Ullah Khan Esakhelvi for Imran Khan & Naya Pakistan

zimmz
11th April 2013, 17:25
This one is also good: Main Baghi hoon

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xywhsp_tabdeeli-razakar-program-song-by-mahin-talib_news#.UWaie4I3obs

AZ
11th April 2013, 17:30
https://www.facebook.com/video/video...55241164520346 (https://www.facebook.com/video/video...55241164520346)

New Song by Atta Ullah Khan Esakhelvi for Imran Khan & Naya Pakistan

100000000000 times better than that rubbish from Sufisal.

shehzi
11th April 2013, 18:03
2008 elections: When generals contested elections against martyrs

http://dawn.com/2013/04/10/2008-elections-when-generals-contested-elections-against-martyrs/

0tt0man
11th April 2013, 18:10
does anyone have a link to all of PTI's candidates? or has this not been decided yet?
Hasn't been decided yet. They initially gave a date for the 7th but then extended it to 10th of April.
KPK candidates were announced long ago.

zimmz
11th April 2013, 18:12
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/756757667.jpg

Runner Up
11th April 2013, 19:55
I am in Lahore right now. Idhar to Bijlee hi nahi aati logon ko ghantay ka nahi pata baahir kya ho raha hai....

Media and internet play big role in the elections but here 18 hours load shedding... forget about voting coz right now there is only one big problem and that is bijlee.

zimmz
11th April 2013, 20:16
Hasn't been decided yet. They initially gave a date for the 7th but then extended it to 10th of April.
KPK candidates were announced long ago.

I think list is finalized yesterday but PTI like other parties won't announce it until they are sure the nominations are not objectionable.

mastermind_quad
11th April 2013, 21:44
Taliban assailants on a motorcycle gunned down a candidate running in Pakistan's upcoming elections on Thursday, an official and a Taliban spokesman said, underscoring threats to the country's former ruling party and other secular and political groups.

Fakhurl Islam, whose party has spoken out strongly against the militant group, was killed near his home in Hyderabad city in southern Sindh province, police official Saqib Ismail Memon said. He had been running for provincial assembly in voting scheduled for next month.

"We condemn this heinous crime and we demand that all the candidates should be provided better security by the government," said Qamar Mansoor, a spokesman for Islam's party, the Muttahida Quami Movement or MQM.

Hours later, Pakistani Taliban spokesman Ahsanullah Ahsan claimed responsibility and vowed to continue such attacks in future. The Taliban have threatened to attack members of the MQM because of its statements.

The MQM was once part of a coalition government with former prime minister Benazir Bhutto's Pakistan People's Party, which came into power following the 2008 parliamentary elections after her assassination. Bhutto's party completed its term last month but has been fielding candidates for both national and provincial assemblies.

On Thursday, the Taliban's Ahsan vowed to continue targeting the MQM, the Awami National Party and Bhutto's party "for working against them" when the three parties were in power from 2008 to 2013.

Taliban militants in recent years have mainly targeted the ANP leaders in the northwest, killing one of its senior politicians, Bashir Bilour, in a suicide attack in December 2012 in the city of Peshawar.

On March 31, the Taliban attacked the motorcade of a campaigning ANP politician with a roadside bomb in the northwestern city of Bannu, wounding him and killing two of his supporters.

Thursday's attack indicated the Taliban threat was not confined to northwest or Karachi as the latest attack took place some 100 kilometers (60 miles) northeast of Karachi, the country's financial capital where MQM enjoys major support.

Is it true???

insaftak
11th April 2013, 21:58
If you have not sat on tractor and listened to Attaullah EasaKhelvi's song then you have experienced nothing in life :paindoo :P

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
11th April 2013, 22:03
Best summary of corruption in last 5 years - a must watch show!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I2l46EhcEiU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The first part is really important . Basically candidates can be disqualified even after winning elections or even on the day of the elections if SC gets its way .

Anfield
11th April 2013, 22:04
jamshed dasti is back with a bang and i'm 100% certain that this "shaheed" will get reelected. expect all the fake degree holders to get acquitted now. there's no way he has a legit degree. i bet the judge even knew it was perjury on the witnesses part

Jamshed's Deasti degree wasn't a fake degree but a degree which isn't acceptable by the board of Education (or whichever depart assesses your degree). He had a degree from Madarrassa which wasn't accepted as an equivalent. He never forged a degree.

insaftak
11th April 2013, 22:10
Something for all First Timers and Newbies :)

At the time of vote counting there are 4 types of votes
1) Valid Vote
2) Challenged Vote
3) Tender Vote
4) Cancelled Vote.

Valid Vote:
Valid Vote is a vote which is correct in all respects and contains only one stamp on it against name and symbol of any candidate.

Challenged Vote:
When a polling agent challenges the status of a voter after paying a prescribed fee. This fee previously was Rs 2 per vote till 2002 and now a days it is Rs 10 per vote. After polling agent pays the prescribed fee, the voter is given a right to vote but his vote instead of going in ballot box goes in a special envelop duly issued by ECP.

Tender Vote:

Suppose a voter goes to cast his vote and his vote has already been cast as per polling officer record as against his name a tick appears. In this case voter has to prove that he did not come to vote before. Irremovable ink mark on the thumb serves as a valid proof in this regard. Then such claimant voter is given a ballot paper to use his right and instead of putting it in box it is placed in a special envelop duly issued by ECP.

Challenged and Tender Vote are sent to ECP office who at the time of announcing the result adds these votes to valid votes.

Cancelled Vote:
Cancelled vote is a vote which is declared cancelled at the time of counting and is separated from valid votes. Under following conditions a vote is deemed cancelled.
i) It carries stamp mark on more than one candidate
II) the voter has posted stamp in such a way that it appears in more than two boxes.
III) in addition to stamping the voter has posted any remarks or some sign inadvertently or deliberately.

At the end of polling all four type of votes are sealed separately and before sending to ECP these are sent to local magistrate first.

shaz619
11th April 2013, 22:23
bhai jaan aik bar you leave pakistan, i dont think you will be going back with such nice thoughts... you will be quite busy filling your own banks with $$$/trying to lead a good life (which there is nothing wrong with)... but you wont be all or as charitable... :shafiq

I never left pakistan in the first place haha but did live there for a year at one point almost a decade ago so much has happend since then in the country :/, am from the UK born in England...but at heart i will always be a pakistani and intend to go back one day to build a mosque or school in my village and who knows many more inshallah......but the 2013 elections will prove that nothing can be acheived through politics when Imran Khan fails

Kianig89
11th April 2013, 22:24
Nice song by Attaullah...........sub ke labo pe hai tarana Insaaf KA............:P

Anfield
11th April 2013, 22:25
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan Thursday expressed grave concern over the ECP’s excuses for granting the overseas Pakistanis their right of voting and urged Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Justice (retd) Fakhruddin G. Ebrahim to intervene and implement the direction made by the Supreme Court in this regard.

The PTI chief made this statement during his meeting with a 30-member delegation comprising eminent members of the overseas Pakistanis who called on him here to discuss the matter.

The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) had reiterated its stance that it might be impossible to include overseas Pakistanis in the polling process with days left in the general elections due to legal and other factors.

“Overseas Pakistanis are an asset for the country and denying them the right to vote is a grave injustice. It was PTI that had filed a petition in the Supreme Court for giving right of vote to overseas Pakistanis and after the decision of the apex court every effort should have been made to ensure that this became possible,” a statement issued here quoted Imran Khan as telling the delegates.

The PTI chief said unnecessary bureaucratic hurdles were being made as an excuse just to deny the overseas Pakistanis of their right and this was cause of grave concern for his party.

Khan said that he could not comprehend as to why the options of Nadra’s e-voting software and postal ballot were being opposed to facilitate the overseas Pakistanis.

“It is a fact that the Pakistanis living in other countries are our ambassadors. They are sending billions of dollars every year from abroad which was a major source of running our expenditure. But unfortunately, the government institutions have been denying them their basic right for which the overseas Pakistanis are feeling detached,” he said.

Imran Khan urged the CEC and the chief justice to take cognisance of the matter and take measures o remove any hurdles in way of the right to vote to the Pakistanis living abroad.

“Our Pakistani brothers and sisters need to be brought in the mainstream. The refusal of right to vote to them has made them second-rate citizens. They are also facing problems due to the refusal of passports to them. The CEC must act to ensure right to vote for overseas Pakistanis,” Khan concluded.

http://dawn.com/2013/04/11/imran-seeks-cec-cj-help-for-overseas-pakistanis-voting-rights/

Zarrar
11th April 2013, 22:34
Tahiq Ul Qadri was spot on about this ECP. it sold out and its corrupt to the cored.

The awam of Pakistan has been fooled once again.

Tax evaders, loan defaulters are back to rule the roost.

Shame on your Ebrahim sahab.

Fakhru is an old time jiyala...this was to be expected...I and a few others pointed out at the outset of his appointment that PTI were being highly naive in accepting his nomination...

Once a jiyala, always a jiyala, nothing less or honest ought be expected from them...

Faisalabad
11th April 2013, 22:57
I think in Pakistan there is need for a live debate between the Umar brothers.. Asad Umar from PTI and Zubair Umar from PMLN.. both playing part in policy making and manifestos.

On a side note can one shed some light on what Nawaz Sharif gov did when it froze the foreign currency accounts? Where did that money go? somewhere in between when PMLN talks abouts its economic successes they miss this critical point which had big impact on the economy.

khanz141
11th April 2013, 23:10
Does any one have a good list of PTI KPK candidates. For NA-29, some reports(mainly on facebook) have Sher Shah Khan from PTI but in the posts above in this thread i see Murad Saeed running for this seat.

I am from this area and i will be visiting there in a few days. There is a lot of support for IK and PTI but nobody really likes Sher Shah Khan. He is not new and has been in politics for a long time under other parties. He is a 'Khan' (like a vadera kind of) and hence why people aren't so much in his favor.

insaftak
12th April 2013, 00:39
^^

Murad Saeed's official page says that he has already started campaign in NA 29

https://www.facebook.com/MuradSaeedOfficial?group_id=0

asifp
12th April 2013, 01:47
Fakhruddin Ebrahim, head of NAB, head of FIR and head of state bank should be taken to court for high treason. They have sold out Pakistan for money.

all of them should rot in jail. We are screwed as a country.

khanz141
12th April 2013, 02:33
^^

Murad Saeed's official page says that he has already started campaign in NA 29

https://www.facebook.com/MuradSaeedOfficial?group_id=0

That is awesome then. It couldn't get any better than Murad. I won't have any hard time convincing people to vote for him then.

insaftak
12th April 2013, 03:40
TRs out on streets

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/485356_450287245051988_808964258_n.jpg

farazaidi
12th April 2013, 03:56
^looks great. We need to reach out in under developed cities specially south of Punjab. PTI can also get seats from Hyderabad (4 NA up for grabs) as people there are very angry at PPP and MQM is not as influential there. Naveed Qamar won from Hyderabad last time but I heard he didnt got the party ticket this year.

insaftak
12th April 2013, 04:12
^^

I agree. I think we are going to give some pleasant surprise to both our supporters and opponents in Sindh.

In Rawalpindi, we have 12,000+ Tabdeeli Razakars (last week Count) + Party officials planning things already. waiting for Officials to announce tickets so they unleash the tsunami on Hanif Abbasi and co :)

waqar_ahmad
12th April 2013, 04:40
^ Was there a target in terms of number of TRs in pakistan? And was that target met?

Anfield
12th April 2013, 04:48
Inzamam and Wasim Akram campaigning/endorsing/ Imran Khan.

insaftak
12th April 2013, 04:52
^ Was there a target in terms of number of TRs in pakistan? And was that target met?

Target is 1,000,000 the last number was 200,000 don't know where we stand on that today.

I know someone who is working as Tabdeeli Razakar coordinator for district Rawalpindi and he is happy with the numbers in pindi but says we will increase our numbers in pindi soon and that's a week old number.

insaftak
12th April 2013, 04:53
Inzamam and Wasim Akram campaigning/endorsing/ Imran Khan.

Inzi too.... Where? when? did I miss something :)

PakistanPaindabad
12th April 2013, 07:34
^ How is NA 56 looking? are they still going to be protesting on not choosing Fyaz-ul-Hassan for the MPA seat?

Whats this story on Fyaz ul Hasan anyways? He has impressed me at least.

Aap please iss pay tabsara karein :)

Anfield
12th April 2013, 08:35
Inzi too.... Where? when? did I miss something :)

In the news where they told who is supporting who. Aaqib Javed and Rashid Latif would be supporting MQM where as Inzi and some Olympian (forgot his name) are supporting Imran. I was surprised about Inzi too. I thought after all the criticism from Imran on Inzi's captaincy he would never support him but turned out inzi never took it personally. #respect.

taq12345
12th April 2013, 09:13
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=608826825812412&set=vb.155446541150445&type=2&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=525956410776303&set=vb.272107646161182&type=2&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=514741948590723

^new PMLN ads that come on tv nowadays if anyone's interested

Waseem
12th April 2013, 10:27
http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?175023-Election-Ki-Awaz-11th-April-2013-NA-156-Situation-of-Hanif-Abbasi-s-Halqa

Some hope watching that show, looks like NA 56 won't be an easy ride for Hanif Abbasi who is quite unpopular. Still lot of people supporting PMLN based on some development work but still a massive change. Lot of people are simply not interested so "Tabdeeli Razakar" program can convince lot of them.
"CHANGE" is very popular :)

AZ
12th April 2013, 17:50
Naya Pakistan?

Prolly a stupid allegation.

this guy is now also accused of financial irregularities and has been axed by PTI.

0tt0man
12th April 2013, 18:07
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=608826825812412&set=vb.155446541150445&type=2&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=525956410776303&set=vb.272107646161182&type=2&theater

Impressive. I'm voting PML(N) now.
Want to travel in a bullet train while the Metro bus is passing underneath :P

Saudi
12th April 2013, 18:21

It would be more like a ghada gaari with a body kit of bullet train. :farhat

waqar_ahmad
12th April 2013, 18:30

Buses and trains will be the only places with electricity though :P

farazaidi
12th April 2013, 18:37

credit where its due, impressive stuff from PML-N :14:

This has been their USP in previous elections too, they have gauged the local-mentality of Punjabis and I'm sure many people can relate to these commercials.

AZ
12th April 2013, 18:42
can anyone share some links of PTI tv ads? don't get to see them on Pak channels over here.

waqar goraya
12th April 2013, 19:01
I have travelled by Metro once...And i have a tale to tell...

After watching a stop I went towards it..In search of entrance i travelled around the jangla but could not find an openning,then i asked a labourer about it,he pointed the underground entrance,still i could not get it..After repeated conversation , i got it...First i went down into ground through stairs,here again i had 3 options to choose from the tunnels,i inspected each of these and then chose the middle one.. i had to use the stairs to reach at the ticket point..and then again i had to climb up the elevators to reach the point where bus picks up passengers..........
Number of people travelling daily are innumerable...As i reached the point,the bus also reached,i thought about entering...but after watching rush and some of people not opting for it,i decided to wait for next one,meanwhile some pathans started to have pictures and videos of the terminal...then again next bus also came fully crowded,but i entered the bus..As i stepped into the bus,a naughty boy spoke loudly",O pathan faer reh gaye jae":))...may be they were travelling first time like me...

Thank God,i did not have to use the stairs for exiting the stop,as lift was working there...

I appreciate the project...Give credit where it is due....but to me it is more of a makeover to hide the true face of their's

Badsha
12th April 2013, 21:15
I have travelled by Metro once...And i have a tale to tell...

After watching a stop I went towards it..In search of entrance i travelled around the jangla but could not find an openning,then i asked a labourer about it,he pointed the underground entrance,still i could not get it..After repeated conversation , i got it...First i went down into ground through stairs,here again i had 3 options to choose from the tunnels,i inspected each of these and then chose the middle one.. i had to use the stairs to reach at the ticket point..and then again i had to climb up the elevators to reach the point where bus picks up passengers..........
Number of people travelling daily are innumerable...As i reached the point,the bus also reached,i thought about entering...but after watching rush and some of people not opting for it,i decided to wait for next one,meanwhile some pathans started to have pictures and videos of the terminal...then again next bus also came fully crowded,but i entered the bus..As i stepped into the bus,a naughty boy spoke loudly",O pathan faer reh gaye jae":))...may be they were travelling first time like me...

Thank God,i did not have to use the stairs for exiting the stop,as lift was working there...

I appreciate the project...Give credit where it is due....but to me it is more of a makeover to hide the true face of their's

There is no need for you to mention such racist jokes.

the Great Khan
12th April 2013, 21:25
^^

I agree. I think we are going to give some pleasant surprise to both our supporters and opponents in Sindh.

In Rawalpindi, we have 12,000+ Tabdeeli Razakars (last week Count) + Party officials planning things already. waiting for Officials to announce tickets so they unleash the tsunami on Hanif Abbasi and co :)

according to IK tickets gonna be announced on tuesday 16th april

Anfield
12th April 2013, 21:37

What was racist about his post?

waqar goraya
12th April 2013, 21:41

Sorry if it hurt you.....I shared in earlier part that i could not find a path to enter the terminal....So i am making joke of myself before mentioning them...Even i had the difficulty in comprehending the procedure,ways and routes there..so,if some new comers from other province had also some difficulty in understanding the procedure or schedule then what is wrong in sharing it?
Like me they were travelling first time....

Badsha
12th April 2013, 21:41
What was racist about his post?

"meanwhile some pathans decided to start taking pictures" could've been "some people decided to start taking pictures.

waqar goraya
12th April 2013, 21:44
according to IK tickets gonna be announced on tuesday 16th april

Not good for PTI who are supposed not to depend on electables...

waqar goraya
12th April 2013, 21:51
"meanwhile some pathans decided to start taking pictures" could've been "some people decided to start taking pictures.

I had to gave a single name to them on both occasions...otherwise it would have not made sense,because the same pathan brothers were left behind.....

I tell you when Metro was inaugurated plenty of people took part in it like a festival,and they were locals or Punjabis and they did every kind of act including damage to buses,let alone capturing snaps or pictures ...

As new comers it was like inauguaration day because they had not seen it before ....

insaftak
12th April 2013, 22:48
Looks like Hamid Miraj from NA 123 Lahore is Farigh and ticket is now going to some youngsta beauty

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/536897_10200447403540797_404109897_n.jpg

raamu kaka
12th April 2013, 22:49
can anyone share some links of PTI tv ads? don't get to see them on Pak channels over here.

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=587776201247452" width="720" height="404" frameborder="0"></iframe>

raamu kaka
12th April 2013, 22:51
<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=586334818051209" width="720" height="576" frameborder="0"></iframe>

AZ
12th April 2013, 22:55
^^ these are TV ads or Youtube vids?

raamu kaka
12th April 2013, 22:56
Ataa ULLAH Esaa Khelvi

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=586949861323038" width="1280" height="720" frameborder="0"></iframe>

raamu kaka
12th April 2013, 22:57
^^ these are TV ads or Youtube vids?

ads sir. we get to see 'em every evening from 7-12 on all tv channels :D

insaftak
12th April 2013, 23:13
We are missing a trick here... Need to go for attack ads and expose PMLN's pathetic performance... I am sending out an e-mail to asad Umar soon to consider those things for Media Blitz!!

insaftak
12th April 2013, 23:18
Latest PTI Ad!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151549744236928" width="720" height="576" frameborder="0"></iframe>

insaftak
13th April 2013, 00:03
Somewhere in Punjab... Khan's Army ready for Jihad against Nooras :)

http://s14.postimg.org/7gvix86dd/541427_525658784143051_2054783974_n.jpg

Anfield
13th April 2013, 00:17
We are missing a trick here... Need to go for attack ads and expose PMLN's pathetic performance... I am sending out an e-mail to asad Umar soon to consider those things for Media Blitz!!

maybe people need to know how PTI will bring a change and is different from other parties. Too much slandering of PML N might hurt PTI.

insaftak
13th April 2013, 00:26
^^

Keep the advice coming... I think they need some blows to soften them up and then go for how we can fix this :)

Attack ads are good to show public their real face.

Anfield
13th April 2013, 00:34
^^

Keep the advice coming... I think they need some blows to soften them up and then go for how we can fix this :)

Attack ads are good to show public their real face.

What PTI need to is what Obama did with Mitt Romney. Accused Romney of supporting Bush policies, standing with Bush on every issue for 8 years and now saying Bush is wrong how's that possible? Then Obama gave his solution's to problems while rubbishing Romney's propsed policies. Imran and PTI should do the same. PTI's biggest attack is how PML N while staying in power for 5 years didn't do a single thing, what can do it now? I know Imran has mentioned that many times but PTI need to narrow it down to specific policies and results.. like what they did for education, corruption, power, justice, etc? Just my two cents.

0tt0man
13th April 2013, 00:35
I'm all for the ads but they must not attack a particular party. Won't look good on national television.

insaftak
13th April 2013, 00:38
^^

ON loadshedding issue they can kill both PPP and PMLN.

insaftak
13th April 2013, 00:57
Why Fatima is voting for Imran Khan

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/63801912" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/63801912">The Breadwinner</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user13866516">Dawn.com</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

srh
13th April 2013, 01:45
Is it true that Election Commission asked State Bank to name all the bank defaulters on its web site and State Bank said "no"?

PakistanPaindabad
13th April 2013, 02:45

1. Make an ad on the things that PML (N) promised in their 2008 Manifesto..and show it over the background where NS and Zardari are holding hands, and calling each other bara bhai chota bhai :D

2. Highlight PTI's own manifesto. Especially on jobs, energy and end to corruption.

Also, please answer the rawalpindi question - whats going on there especially NA 56?

spinDoc
13th April 2013, 02:57
ads sir. we get to see 'em every evening from 7-12 on all tv channels :D

thats impressive- i was under the impression these were only internet ads.

spinDoc
13th April 2013, 03:01

Come on basha its not racist, it was a phatan taking a pic just like a phatan on internet(me)

spinDoc
13th April 2013, 03:31

An ad on PMLn 2008 manifesto will be grt ,to see what they promised and if they kept there promises.

waqar_ahmad
13th April 2013, 03:38
Agree with attacking ads. No reason to hold back. PTI must go all out and destroy PMLN and PPP in these ads

waqar_ahmad
13th April 2013, 03:49
Klasra has been in great form. He was ripping into PPP. Now he is tearing apart PMLN:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/479985_4753202671141_27020370_n.jpg

spinDoc
13th April 2013, 04:30
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/46694_139948949502009_968556546_n.jpg

how do i put the above pic here?

insaftak
13th April 2013, 04:43
Hajjan's show from NA 56..

PTI leading and we have yet to unleash TRs

<iframe width="600" height="350" src="http://tune.pk/player/embed_player.php?vid=63145&folder=2013/04/12/&width=600&height=350&autoplay=no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen scrolling="no"></iframe>

Anfield
13th April 2013, 07:17
Nawaz Sharif talking about Bullet trains in Pakistan. *facepalm* wow just wow! Railway is incurring losses of RS2.50 billion ($25 Million) every month and they are talking about bullet trains.

Waseem
13th April 2013, 09:22
Hajjan's show from NA 56..

PTI leading and we have yet to unleash TRs

<iframe width="600" height="350" src="http://tune.pk/player/embed_player.php?vid=63145&folder=2013/04/12/&width=600&height=350&autoplay=no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen scrolling="no"></iframe>

This show was just WOW! Felt Asma was about to faint on few occasions and to be honest even i didn't expect such a response and now i am starting to feel the "Tabdeeli". Posted link of another Aaj tv show in NA56 yesterday where almost 50% people were PTI supporters. Loved the part where husband wasn't sure and when wife said Imran khan, he immediately agreed and the guy who said not only myself but i have convinced my whole neighborhood to vote for Imran.

Waseem
13th April 2013, 09:29
Klasra has been in great form. He was ripping into PPP. Now he is tearing apart PMLN:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/479985_4753202671141_27020370_n.jpg

Rauf Klasra is in very fine form these days, he is openly asking people to vote for Imran Khan which is a big change. Just a year ago he said he would vote for PPP because they they support South Punjab province.

Badsha
13th April 2013, 09:41
Asma was clearly annoyed as hell with the PTI responses!

Waseem
13th April 2013, 09:44
Watching Talat's show, i can safely say we have no hope in Sindh and it's partly our own fault. Most people aren't happy with PPP but they have no option other than nationalists. When Talat asked them about Imran Khan, their response was "Woh jo cricket khailta hai"? Not many knew about him and all PTI had to do was to visit these areas and give them an option. Still have chance to hit these areas.

amateurdentist
13th April 2013, 09:46
PTI will win this time InshaAllah
even if we dont win wecan always try next time. only way our people will learn sadly

waqar_ahmad
13th April 2013, 10:20
Rauf Klasra is in very fine form these days, he is openly asking people to vote for Imran Khan which is a big change. Just a year ago he said he would vote for PPP because they they support South Punjab province.

Yup, that was one of the most annoying comments I ever heard on tv from a reputable journalist, just voting for PPP coz of the seraiki province. I am glad that he has finally realized what's right.

If PTI wins and form the govt, I'm certain Klasra will help provide a lot of evidence of corruption against these crooks

Waseem
13th April 2013, 11:00
In words of Sheikh Rasheed, Syasi tawaif group called "Like minded" to to move ECP for Nawaz’s disqualification

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2013/04/13/news/national/likeminded-group-to-move-ecp-for-nawazs-disqualification/

PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif is set to face a tough legal challenge as some members of the PML-Likeminded Group have planned moving the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) to seek the former PM’s disqualification, citing the Articles 62 and 63, Pakistan Today has learnt reliably.

A source in the group said on condition of anonymity that Hamid Nasir Chattha, the chairman of the likeminded group, had directed his legal aides to prepare a petition which would soon be filed against Nawaz for allegedly violating a written agreement duly signed by the leaders of both sides.

"Nawaz had agreed in principle to allocate 11 percent seats to the likeminded group in year 2012 under a seat adjustment formula,” the source said.

Under the agreement, the likeminded group members had to be accommodated for 30 National Assembly seats, but they were only given one seat - to Salim Saifullah Khan from Lakki Marwat and that too a PML-N ticket - another violation of the agreement.

Agreement:

Per the agreement between the two sides, the criteria decided in the agreement between two parties (PML-N and PML-LM says, “Based on the criteria laid down, thirty (11 percent) out of 272 general seats shall be adjusted between PML-N) and PML-LM. The same percentage shall apply for allocation of provincial general seats".

The memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for seats adjustment between two parties was signed on May 12, 2012 by Humayon Akhtar Khan (from PML-LM) and Iqbal Zafar Jhagra (PML-N secretary general).

Newly-formed PML-J chief Iqbal Dar said they were all set to submit petition in the Election Commission before April 17, attaching signed agreement of the PML-LM and PML-N on seat adjustment formula of 11 percent.

"Saifullah has also refused to contest on PML-N ticket so the party has decided to move ECP after being dumped by Sharifs," Dar added.

The agreement was also signed and at a press conference held at Raiwind, both parties had announced the same, the likeminded leader added.

However, he said Nawaz had now refused to implement the agreement.

"So he has proved himself a liar. So he is no more sadiq (truthful) or ameen and is liable to fall victim to article 63," the source said.

The source added that the likeminded group leaders had decided to submit the petition in Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) so that Nawaz could be declared a liar and ineligible to contest the upcoming polls.

The source said the former MNA and secretary information of likeminded group, Kashmala Tariq, was active in this regard and had been promised a reserved seat for women but was also dumped later on.

After being betrayed and dumped by the PML-N, the likeminded group stands divided. Humayon Akhtar Khan, the secretary general of the group, is still hopeful, while Chattha has revived the PML-Junejo and Aarbab Ghulam Rahim, the group president, has formed Peoples' Muslim League.

Former PML-LM leader Arbab Ghulam Rahim met PML-N leader Nawaz around two weeks ago to sort out seat adjustment formula, but only some of the party members could get seats.

The party reportedly demanded the 11 percent seat adjustment deal with the PML-N that could not materialise and compelled the party members to revive the PML-Junejo as a new political strength.

One of the members of former PML-LM who secured to get seat from the PML-N, Salim Saif Ullah, also shared with this newspaper that PML-N had not fulfilled its promise and gave only a few seats to LM group. - See more at: http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2013/04/13/news/national/likeminded-group-to-move-ecp-for-nawazs-disqualification/#sthash.WLFPE6JO.dpuf

Black Zero
13th April 2013, 11:15
@^ beggars cannot be choosers

ahmed778
13th April 2013, 11:46
There should be a poll in this thread.

spinDoc
13th April 2013, 12:16
There should be a poll in this thread.

no point-most ppers live abroad.

i live aborad but am campaiging continously for PTI ,have convinced most of my faimly and friends back home to vote PTI :D

PTI will win abroad anyways.

PakistanPaindabad
13th April 2013, 12:34
PML (N)s campaign song sounds a lot better than PTI's. Also sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan.

PML (N)s ads and the campaign song video look very professional at least. PTI's feels like stuff thrown together at the last minute to get it out the door and get it aired.

khanz141
13th April 2013, 12:47
PML (N)s campaign song sounds a lot better than PTI's. Also sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan.

PML (N)s ads and the campaign song video look very professional at least. PTI's feels like stuff thrown together at the last minute to get it out the door and get it aired.

Ummm No... Otherwise PML-N would not be copying off of every PTI campaign

WiiiCKET
13th April 2013, 12:52
<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=515849775146607" width="720" height="576" frameborder="0"></iframe>

PakistanPaindabad
13th April 2013, 12:53
Ummm No... Otherwise PML-N would not be copying off of every PTI campaign

no doubt that they copy, but they just make it better and less amateurish

spinDoc
13th April 2013, 13:03

Agreed. Pmln videos show money while pti videos reflect junoon!

waqar goraya
13th April 2013, 13:28
I saw Ghulam Sarwar Khan sitting during PTI's manifesto conference.....He is the only man who has defeated Ch. Nisar in two and half decades....I guess with his support and votes of PTI in Wah cantt,we have a very good chance against CH. Nisar..:D

0tt0man
13th April 2013, 13:47
PML(N)'s ads are extremely well made. Credit to their media team.

Just saw Asma Sherazi's hosw. Shahbaz Sharif's projects are bearing fruit as many people are using it as a basis to vote for PML(N).
PPP's vote bank will entirely be in favour of PTI. We should thank Asif Zardari for this.
A majority of the undecided voters are also expected to vote PTI.
The traders community is divided. With a majority favouring PML(N).
The young population and women folk are overwhelmingly supporting PTI.
Majority people belonging to the older generation are voting PML(N).

It's amazing that a party with negligible ground presence in Rawalpindi has managed to garner so much support.

I can sense PPP's vote bank shifting towards PTI in Punjab and KPK. PPP is done and dusted courtesy of the 'damaad' :farhat :)

waqar goraya
13th April 2013, 14:20
FBR tells LHC Banks not giving details of candidates' accounts

The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) informed a full bench of the Lahore High Court on Friday that no commercial bank, except one, had shared accounts detail of their customers with it.

FBR Intelligence and Investigation Inland Revenue Director Muhammad Tanvir Akhtar stated before the bench hearing several petitions seeking implementation of Articles 62 and 63 of the Constitution in the election process that the FBR had no access to information of the account holders as individual but the banks provided the board consolidated statements about them.

The Zarai Taragiati Bank Limited is the only banl( that has given the FBR access of its accounts. He said only the State Bank had the access to these accounts.

Justice Ijazul Ahsan heads the bench along with Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah and Justice Syed Mazahar Ali Akbar Naqvi.

Mr Akhtar said that the FBR provided the record of 24,266 candidates to the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP). The record contained NTN (national taxnumber), income of three years, and tax return. He said that 10,794 candidates did not possess NTN as per their nomination papers. He said the FBR could not find record of any person without an NTN.

The bench directed the FBR to provide the ECP, within three weeks, complete record of tax default of all candidates and also publish the same on website. The bench directed the board to provide record of those candidates by April 17 about who appeals were being heard by election tribunals.

The bench also directed the ECP to get the record from departments concerned about the candidates defaulted on utility bills and submit the same before the court on Monday (April 15). On the request of ECP`s representative, the bench issued notices to SNGPL, Wapda, power distribution companies, PTCL, NTC and Wasa directing them to submit record of their defaulters.

Earlier, senior joint director of State Bank Ali Jafar told the bench that names of all candidates, whose names appeared on the list of defaulters maintained by the Credit Information Bureau, had also been provided to the ECP and was available on its website. Such information also included information relating to written off loans, he said, and added that over 500 cases of candidates/members of their families had beenfound to be defaulters.

Syed Faisal Raza Bokhari, NAB counsel, said that information regarding 23,599 candidates had been provided to the ECP. The bench noted that there appeared to be a difference in the total number of cases sent by the ECP (24,094) and the number mentioned by NAB. The bench asked the counsel to clarify the differential as to why information regarding the rest of the candidates had not been furnished.

During the hearing, Justice Ahsan remarl(ed that the judiciary fully supported the democratic process and efforts of the ECP. He said the election process would not be stopped orinterrupted under any circumstances. Justice Ahsan said the ECP was trying to hold fair, free and transparent elections on time despite time constraints and logistical issues.

The judge dispelled an impression and remarked that there was no question of stopping the election process by the courtfor any reason.

The bench directed the SBP, FBR, NAB and other agencies of the government to support the ECP.

Lahore High Court Bar Association`s President Abid Saqi, additional attorney general Syed Abdul Hayee Gilani and deputy attorney general Nasim Kashmiri, assistant advocate general Shan Gul also made their submissions on the matter. The hearing was adjourned till April 15.

From Dawn News

AZ
13th April 2013, 14:48
really great to see that election fever is slowly but surely building up, whoever wins it is an extremely positive thing for Pakistan.

Nawaz Sharif talking about Bullet trains in Pakistan. *facepalm* wow just wow! Railway is incurring losses of RS2.50 billion ($25 Million) every month and they are talking about bullet trains.

and Imran is talking about wiping out corruption in 90 days, we should believe that? :asif

The Dark Corner
13th April 2013, 15:09
really great to see that election fever is slowly but surely building up, whoever wins it is an extremely positive thing for Pakistan.

and Imran is talking about wiping out corruption in 90 days, we should believe that? :asif

Wiping out corruption, no matter how long it takes is actually important. Screw bullet trains. So yes, we should believe in a leader who addresses the ACTUAL issues, not stupid projects.

So many people don't have food to eat and these idiots want to make bullet trains.

AZ
13th April 2013, 15:34
^ the point is the making of outlandish and far-fetched claims by either side.

The lack of infrastructure and inability to be self-sustainable is an ACTUAL issue.

spinDoc
13th April 2013, 15:39

He means big corruption thats done by PM and his cabinet. He will wipe it out in one minute once he is PM because he wont do corruption himself.

cricwiz
13th April 2013, 16:54

Well, PTI slogan is of hope and promises.... because they have never been in government... The only thing PTI can show (besides its promises) is the work done by Imran Khan himself (e.g. project like SKMH, Namal Uni, IKF etc)

While PML-N is campaigning with all previous projects they have done (in last 20+ years of federal/provincial govt)... After ruling Punjab for approximately 20+ years, if thats all what they have to show on their CV... than I am seriously disappointed...

ahmed778
13th April 2013, 16:58
no point-most ppers live abroad.

i live aborad but am campaiging continously for PTI ,have convinced most of my faimly and friends back home to vote PTI :D

PTI will win abroad anyways.

Overseas Pakistani's are going to be given voting rights IIRC.

spinDoc
13th April 2013, 17:03
Did PMLF end alliance with PMLN???

Bewal Express
13th April 2013, 17:14

The raison d'etre of both PML/PPP is to rob and loot. They have no other reason for their existence except to make money for their members-you can call them businesses(at the expense of the poor Pakistanis) and at least IK can wipe out the corruption of the leadership within days. Nawaz is not there to serve the people, he is a crook by nature.

Bashira_taeli
13th April 2013, 17:39
THE YOUTH VOTE: MORE HYPE THAN REALITY

THAT well over half the Pakistani population is now under the age of 25 is well known. But while there has been plenty of hype about the so-called youth vote, getting from the demographics to young people’s voting habits and preferences has generally been an exercise in speculation.

Now that voter registration is linked to computerised national identity cards (CNICs), some statistics are available about how the youth bulge has fed into electoral rolls. We know that nearly a fifth of the 85 million Pakistanis registered to vote in the upcoming elections are between 18 and 25 years old, and that another 15pc are between 26 and 30.

What we don’t know is how this compares to previous elections, since no data is available about the age distribution of voters in past polls. So the claim that young people will have an unprecedented effect on this year’s elections has no concrete figures to back it up.

Second, it is unclear how likely young people are to turn out on voting day, particularly since those who reached voting age after the elections were registered automatically once they got CNICs.“

For the first time we are getting bits of data on voters’ age distribution, but they are all pieces of a puzzle that hasn’t been put together,” says Mudassar Rizvi of the Free and Fair Election Network (Fafen). “There hasn’t been academic work on the topic, and we haven’t studied voting behaviour. A lot of the analysis has been based on assumptions.“For one thing, voter turnout in Pakistan in 2008 was 44pc. So all 30m voters under the age of 30 are not going to be casting votes.”Mr Rizvi also questions the assumption that the youth are more likely to vote for the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI), adding that there is no evidence to suggest that young people aren’t just as fragmented in terms of political preferences as the rest of the population is.

But a 4,450-person nationwide survey carried out by Fafen in January does provide some clues about how young voters might behave. Only 48pc of voters aged 18-25 said they intend to vote in the coming elections, far behind other age groups (68pc of the 26-35 age group said they would vote, and the number rises with age to reach 84pc of those above 55).

Another 47pc of those 25 and under simply didn’t answer the question, so the number who actually do turn up to vote could be higher. But what is clear is that the youngest respondents were either less enthusiastic about voting or less clear about whether or not they will vote.

Fafen also asked respondents whether they consider themselves to be associated with any political party in any way, whether as a worker, registered member, office-bearer or simply someone who is “close” to a party. While over half of those aged 55 and above said they were, only 37pc of the youngest voters — a level of political involvement lower than the national average — said the same.

One popular claim does seem to be borne out by the survey results — the youth’s attraction to the PTI. Of those who said they were affiliated with a party, the highest proportion in every age bracket named the PML-N as the party they were associated with. But among those between 18 and 25, 20pc — far higher than in any other age bracket — named the PTI. This number falls off sharply with age; even in the 26-35 bracket, only 12pc named Imran Khan’s party.This may have something to do with the basis on which young people select their party of choice. The numbers show that voters above 25 are more likely to base this decision on a party’s track record of performance in their area — 16pc for this age group versus only 9pc for those 25 and under. Instead, 40pc of the youngest age bracket base their loyalties on a party’s manifesto and another 21pc on the party’s ideology.But Dr Mohammad Waseem, a professor of political science at the Lahore University of Management Sciences, argues that the popular perception about the youth’s preference for the PTI may be overstated because of the visibility of its supporters, the urban youth.“Youth from bigger cities can make their presence felt through social media and cable television,” he explains, “but voting is also territory-bound and constituency-bound, and there are local power structures at play that limit Imran Khan’s penetration in many areas.“Because urban youth are more visible, they have become a platform for the PTI to claim widespread youth support.

”Aside from party preferences, the Fafen survey showed that on several issues young people have opinions very similar to those of older Pakistanis. They are close to the average on questions such as voters’ confidence in Pakistan’s electoral process and whether or not respondents consider past elections in their constituencies to have been free and transparent.

So while the political views and voting behaviours of the country’s youth are widely speculated about, they are not particularly well understood. At the moment there seems to be little hard evidence to suggest that young people will behave significantly differently from, or are more politically conscious than, the rest of Pakistan’s electorate.

http://dawn.com/2013/04/12/the-youth-vote-more-hype-than-reality/

Black Zero
13th April 2013, 18:54
THE YOUTH VOTE: MORE HYPE THAN REALITY

THAT well over half the Pakistani population is now under the age of 25 is well known. But while there has been plenty of hype about the so-called youth vote, getting from the demographics to young people’s voting habits and preferences has generally been an exercise in speculation.

Now that voter registration is linked to computerised national identity cards (CNICs), some statistics are available about how the youth bulge has fed into electoral rolls. We know that nearly a fifth of the 85 million Pakistanis registered to vote in the upcoming elections are between 18 and 25 years old, and that another 15pc are between 26 and 30.

What we don’t know is how this compares to previous elections, since no data is available about the age distribution of voters in past polls. So the claim that young people will have an unprecedented effect on this year’s elections has no concrete figures to back it up.

Second, it is unclear how likely young people are to turn out on voting day, particularly since those who reached voting age after the elections were registered automatically once they got CNICs.“

For the first time we are getting bits of data on voters’ age distribution, but they are all pieces of a puzzle that hasn’t been put together,” says Mudassar Rizvi of the Free and Fair Election Network (Fafen). “There hasn’t been academic work on the topic, and we haven’t studied voting behaviour. A lot of the analysis has been based on assumptions.“For one thing, voter turnout in Pakistan in 2008 was 44pc. So all 30m voters under the age of 30 are not going to be casting votes.”Mr Rizvi also questions the assumption that the youth are more likely to vote for the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI), adding that there is no evidence to suggest that young people aren’t just as fragmented in terms of political preferences as the rest of the population is.

But a 4,450-person nationwide survey carried out by Fafen in January does provide some clues about how young voters might behave. Only 48pc of voters aged 18-25 said they intend to vote in the coming elections, far behind other age groups (68pc of the 26-35 age group said they would vote, and the number rises with age to reach 84pc of those above 55).

Another 47pc of those 25 and under simply didn’t answer the question, so the number who actually do turn up to vote could be higher. But what is clear is that the youngest respondents were either less enthusiastic about voting or less clear about whether or not they will vote.

Fafen also asked respondents whether they consider themselves to be associated with any political party in any way, whether as a worker, registered member, office-bearer or simply someone who is “close” to a party. While over half of those aged 55 and above said they were, only 37pc of the youngest voters — a level of political involvement lower than the national average — said the same.

One popular claim does seem to be borne out by the survey results — the youth’s attraction to the PTI. Of those who said they were affiliated with a party, the highest proportion in every age bracket named the PML-N as the party they were associated with. But among those between 18 and 25, 20pc — far higher than in any other age bracket — named the PTI. This number falls off sharply with age; even in the 26-35 bracket, only 12pc named Imran Khan’s party.This may have something to do with the basis on which young people select their party of choice. The numbers show that voters above 25 are more likely to base this decision on a party’s track record of performance in their area — 16pc for this age group versus only 9pc for those 25 and under. Instead, 40pc of the youngest age bracket base their loyalties on a party’s manifesto and another 21pc on the party’s ideology.But Dr Mohammad Waseem, a professor of political science at the Lahore University of Management Sciences, argues that the popular perception about the youth’s preference for the PTI may be overstated because of the visibility of its supporters, the urban youth.“Youth from bigger cities can make their presence felt through social media and cable television,” he explains, “but voting is also territory-bound and constituency-bound, and there are local power structures at play that limit Imran Khan’s penetration in many areas.“Because urban youth are more visible, they have become a platform for the PTI to claim widespread youth support.

”Aside from party preferences, the Fafen survey showed that on several issues young people have opinions very similar to those of older Pakistanis. They are close to the average on questions such as voters’ confidence in Pakistan’s electoral process and whether or not respondents consider past elections in their constituencies to have been free and transparent.

So while the political views and voting behaviours of the country’s youth are widely speculated about, they are not particularly well understood. At the moment there seems to be little hard evidence to suggest that young people will behave significantly differently from, or are more politically conscious than, the rest of Pakistan’s electorate.

http://dawn.com/2013/04/12/the-youth-vote-more-hype-than-reality/

I feel sorry for leaders like IK...who got no grip on reality..

Waseem
13th April 2013, 19:42
I feel sorry for leaders like IK...who got no grip on reality..

I feel sorry for some Pakistanis who got no grip on reality.
Imran Khan won't be an ultimate loser because he is NOT power hungry and MOST sane people know he is not dying to get into power. He would spend more time with kids and relax a lot more but it's people of Pakistan who would see same madness that we have been witnessing for decades.

It is NOT Imran's test, it's test for people of Pakistan who need to decide if they really want change :)

Bewal Express
13th April 2013, 19:48
Let the PPP/PML bleed them dry. If thats what they want, thats what they will get. We know that Pakistani people are generally a bit thick(afterall why vote for people that are standing in elections to rob you) and these elections will prove my theory.

Waseem
13th April 2013, 20:19
Billu barber cha gaya lol

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vO7g77Ce4B4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Black Zero
13th April 2013, 20:52
I feel sorry for some Pakistanis who got no grip on reality.
Imran Khan won't be an ultimate loser because he is NOT power hungry and MOST sane people know he is not dying to get into power. He would spend more time with kids and relax a lot more but it's people of Pakistan who would see same madness that we have been witnessing for decades.

It is NOT Imran's test, it's test for people of Pakistan who need to decide if they really want change :)

i disagree...
ik wants to implement his plans/ideas to Pakistan...and for that he would need to win...

its all open competition to win the votes...

if he is not after power then he should forget about his plans for Pakistan!

Waseem
13th April 2013, 21:19
i disagree...
ik wants to implement his plans/ideas to Pakistan...and for that he would need to win...

its all open competition to win the votes...

if he is not after power then he should forget about his plans for Pakistan!

Off course he wants votes and to win the election but surely not dreaming about 1000 security guards, paid around the world trips, luxurious prime minister houses, unlimited opportunities to increase personal assets and employment opportunities for immediate family and relatives?

insaftak
13th April 2013, 22:03
Kia baat hai gujranwala walay barbar ke!!!

this Pic is from NA1 Peshawar

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/599405_163923100437547_312160427_n.jpg

waqar goraya
13th April 2013, 22:07
Kia baat hai gujranwala walay barbar ke!!!

this Pic is from NA1 Peshawar

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/599405_163923100437547_312160427_n.jpg

Kia baat hai? :13:

insaftak
13th April 2013, 22:17
Kia baat hai? :13:

Kia baat hai...meaning wa wa kia kaam kia hai :)

waqar goraya
13th April 2013, 22:20
Kia baat hai...meaning wa wa kia kaam kia hai :)

precisely! this is what i am asking...

insaftak
13th April 2013, 22:35
^^

LOL...

Time for some Angrazi...

I meant "Amazing stuff by barber in Gujranwala :)

insaftak
13th April 2013, 22:46
Legend campaigning for Imran Khan on ground

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/604006_533128436730654_1983745148_n.jpg

Anfield
13th April 2013, 23:17

What you should believe in is listening/reading careful. He said he will end the big corruption at the top level which is destroying the county like Power Plant, railway, etc. Never he said he will end all the corruption in 90 days.

shark11
13th April 2013, 23:51
Pakistan as a whole is divided into ethinic groups.....IK will face a big defeat in Punjab .....Lot of Punjabis I know are still going to vote for Nawz sharif only cuz he belongs to punjab....Likewise Imran is going to win from kpk very easily this time around....But its the province of Punjab that makes the difference cuz of its huge population, but sorry to say the people there are very dumb to say the least.....I mean after seeing the performance of PML N in 5 years who would want to vote for them.......these guys are even more dangerous than zardari group.....

Nice-N-Fresh
14th April 2013, 00:11
Pakistan as a whole is divided into ethinic groups.....IK will face a big defeat in Punjab .....Lot of Punjabis I know are still going to vote for Nawz sharif only cuz he belongs to punjab....Likewise Imran is going to win from kpk very easily this time around....But its the province of Punjab that makes the difference cuz of its huge population, but sorry to say the people there are very dumb to say the least.....I mean after seeing the performance of PML N in 5 years who would want to vote for them.......these guys are even more dangerous than zardari group.....

In my parents areaof Punjaab, Chakwal district, IK is very strong. I don´t think it will be a "big defeat" to whoever loses in punjab. It will be a nail biter. Touch and go :ramiz

waqar goraya
14th April 2013, 01:01
^^

LOL...

Time for some Angrazi...

I meant "Amazing stuff by barber in Gujranwala :)

Yar!Urdu ati hai mjhe....

I asked you what did the barber do amazing in Gujranwala...? :))

insaftak
14th April 2013, 02:18
^^

check the video in post #694

zimmz
14th April 2013, 02:37
In my parents areaof Punjaab, Chakwal district, IK is very strong. I don´t think it will be a "big defeat" to whoever loses in punjab. It will be a nail biter. Touch and go :ramiz

On what basis you say that?
People in all villages usually vote for someone who promise them gas, road, bridge, job, etc etc. In my village youth have passion but some of them can't resist the choice of elders.

Where in Chakwal you belong to?

baalti
14th April 2013, 04:17
On what basis you say that?
People in all villages usually vote for someone who promise them gas, road, bridge, job, etc etc. In my village youth have passion but some of them can't resist the choice of elders.

Where in Chakwal you belong to?

near kalar kahar for me :sadaf

zimmz
14th April 2013, 04:40
^village name?

zimmz
14th April 2013, 04:41
Haha a new bhangra song, liked the mixing of scenes Imran hitting six and the lion thrown back :))

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eUeRZ2brlzE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GujjarSher
14th April 2013, 04:50
<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=515849775146607" width="720" height="576" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I'm really not supporting PML-N, but objectively speaking that is a well done ad/song.

baalti
14th April 2013, 06:44
^village name?

sar kalan... (close to buchal kalan/laffi/lilla)...

PakistanPaindabad
14th April 2013, 06:57
I'm really not supporting PML-N, but objectively speaking that is a well done ad/song.

PML (N) is doing a lot better campaigning than PTI..

PTI workers are having a tough time finding flags, flyers or even the letter of IK to give to the TRs..let along anything else, seems mismanaged and chaotic..

PTI's ad are pretty bad .. so I am not sure what they are doing. 28 days left, and PML (N) is way ahead of PTI in every aspect.. itll take a miracle to turn it around from here for the PTI..

I hate to say this but I am slightly disappointed by Asad Umar..he promised an amazing campaign, and all we have seen so far is a stop and go campaign..with 28 days left, I doubt there are many surprises left that can cause any dent to PML (N)..the only hope was to sway the undecided voter, but PTI's message hasnt gotten to them yet..there are reports that a lot of PTI supporters, or a lot of voters in PAkistan dont even know that they need to vote on the bat..

Disappointed to say the least..PTI has lost the initiative..

Waseem
14th April 2013, 07:07
sar kalan... (close to buchal kalan/laffi/lilla)...

PTI ads i have seen are more about "Tabdeeli Razakars" and PMLN one is about actual campaign but have to agree it is quite professional.
I am also concerned about lack of time left for final assault that we have been hoping for.

baalti
14th April 2013, 07:37
honestly, its a decision that Pakistani's have to make, on how they want Pak to be in the near future... PTI can't do any wrong from here on unless they succumb to the pressure and self-destruct...

if PTI wins, awesome...

if PMLN wins, PTI will keep them in check by being a true OPPOSITION for the first time ever... and the public will see that (hopefully, and i say that coz pmln will be forced to do proper things coz of strong opposition from PTI, and hopefully our public doesnt get dusched into thinking that PMLN are the life-savers)...

insaftak
14th April 2013, 09:20
PTV promoting us :) Key is turnout... we need 60+% to clean sweep. Keep Vote4None guys out!!!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=444199239000678" width="320" height="180" frameborder="0"></iframe>

mnoman15
14th April 2013, 09:33
Must watch video https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=172558739554804&set=vb.442925309080856&type=2&theater

The Dark Corner
14th April 2013, 09:46
Delete

AZ
14th April 2013, 09:53
What you should believe in is listening/reading careful. He said he will end the big corruption at the top level which is destroying the county like Power Plant, railway, etc. Never he said he will end all the corruption in 90 days.

not quite.

1st he said he will wipe it out in 90 days.

then he said he will wipe out the 'big' corruption in 90 days.

then he said that the same phenomenon happened in Bihar (or someplace in India) that is where he got the 90 days figure from.

plenty of revisions from IK.

Badsha
14th April 2013, 09:56
We still haven't announced out candidates. I'm a bit disappointed. In ISB even Musharrafs party has more campaigning than ours!

Badsha
14th April 2013, 09:59
not quite.

then he said that the same phenomenon happened in Bihar (or someplace in India) that is where he got the 90 days figure from.

Even WITH his revisions, it's much better than saying "I want bullet trains". Seriously, that is an idiotic thing to say.

AZ
14th April 2013, 10:06
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=164920223666662

anyone seen this? interesting.

Even WITH his revisions, it's much better than saying "I want bullet trains". Seriously, that is an idiotic thing to say.

that's a matter of opinion, they have a background of 'building' stuff hence they use it to their advantage.

one can just as easily get bored of sweeping claims of change, revolution etc etc...

insaftak
14th April 2013, 10:09
another PTI Song for TRs!!!!!!!!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=318324811628105" width="720" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Badsha
14th April 2013, 10:11
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=164920223666662

anyone seen this? interesting.

that's a matter of opinion, they have a background of 'building' stuff hence they use it to their advantage.

one can just as easily get bored of sweeping claims of change, revolution etc etc...

Easily?

It's something Pakistanis have been wanting since a long time. A revolution or a claim of change is EXACTLY what a party which has never been in power will have to say .

Anfield
14th April 2013, 10:38
PTV promoting us :) Key is turnout... we need 60+% to clean sweep. Keep Vote4None guys out!!!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=444199239000678" width="320" height="180" frameborder="0"></iframe>

60% is a big number.

Anfield
14th April 2013, 10:41
not quite.

that's nitpicking. He has always said he will end the big corruption in 90 days. And how can you compare bullet trains to ending corruption in 90 days? Do we need bullet trains? No, we are far far from it. Even a country like USA has no plans to build bullet trains.

Anfield
14th April 2013, 10:45

exactly! This is beyond idiocy.

Waseem
14th April 2013, 11:28
not quite.

AZ yaar jaan dyo, i have watched almost every interview of Imran in the last 3 years and he has ALWAYS said big corruption. He has ALWAYS said we need to start from top as that is what hurts the economy the most and it can surely be tackled in 3 months.

waqar_ahmad
14th April 2013, 11:32
This corruption in 90 days question has been answered a million times by Imran, and PTi supporters. Yet it is being brought up again and again. Is this really the best nooras can do? Coz if it is, then PMLN have a lot of skeletons in their closet that have been exposed multiple times.

And closet fans really need to come out and openly say who they are supporting, rather than praising bullet trains in a country where people dont have electricity, gas and food.

Waseem
14th April 2013, 11:46
Not sure if it has been posted but nothing less than shocking

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rQkcKBu2TiM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AZ
14th April 2013, 11:50
AZ yaar jaan dyo, i have watched almost every interview of Imran in the last 3 years and he has ALWAYS said big corruption. He has ALWAYS said we need to start from top as that is what hurts the economy the most and it can surely be tackled in 3 months.

that is fine, where am I saying he is lying or any such thing?

just that it is a pretty bold/far-fetched claim, and that I have my doubts that is feasible.

Insafians really need to stop getting so worked up over IK, really.

Waseem
14th April 2013, 12:12
Now this guy understands very basic thing that most so called anchors FAIL to understand

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jE-XB9UfTn4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Artless Dodges
14th April 2013, 12:13

just that it is a pretty bold/far-fetched claim, and that I have my doubts that is feasible.

I think the larger point is not whether Imran Khan can eliminate corruption or NSharif can build bullet trains but rather the content of the statements. Corruption is a very real problem facing Pakistan which if eliminated could increse tax revenue as much as 2 billion USD and lead to a better law and order situation throughout the country. The Bullet trains one the other hand are an extremely expensive investment costing several billion dollars with no real economic or political justification. The only countries where bullet trains are justifiable are highly dense and post industrialized countries where the populace can afford and would prefer the trains ie Japan. The two Statement reflect Imran Khan's and Sharif's vision for Pakitstan, while Imran wants to do something real for Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif would rather waste money on a white elephant project.

Waseem
14th April 2013, 12:16

Worked up, really?:43::43:

My friend it may seem far fetched but i think Imran is one person who has achieved what most thought was far fetched and hardly ANY one can question his intentions so he will undoubtedly make a huge difference if he gets a chance.

AZ
14th April 2013, 12:29
I think the larger point is not whether Imran Khan can eliminate corruption or NSharif can build bullet trains but rather the content of the statements. Corruption is a very real problem facing Pakistan which if eliminated could increase tax revenue as much as 2 billion USD and lead to a better law and order situation throughout the country. The Bullet trains one the other hand are an extremely expensive investment costing several billion dollars with no real economic or political justification. The only countries where bullet trains are justifiable are highly dense and post industrialized countries where the populace can afford and would prefer the trains ie Japan. The two Statement reflect Imran Khan's and Sharif's vision for Pakistan, while Imran wants to do something real for Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif would rather waste money on a white elephant project.

Such projects boost the economy and will eventually increase streams of revenue and create jobs, I would say that is a pretty significant justification.

Worked up, really?:43::43:

My friend it may seem far fetched but i think Imran is one person who has achieved what most thought was far fetched and hardly ANY one can question his intentions so he will undoubtedly make a huge difference if he gets a chance.

Yaar aap ko nahi kehna chahta tha, should have added more of a gap there :asif

but I have noticed that Insafians become a close-minded when it comes to IK, if he says something or takes a position then it almost becomes 'law' for them to adhere to it.

AZ
14th April 2013, 12:31
Article in Jang claiming contradiction/discrepancy in IK's asset/income declaration - http://e.jang.com.pk/04-14-2013/karachi/pic.asp?picname=4021.gif

Artless Dodges
14th April 2013, 12:46
Such projects boost the economy and will eventually increase streams of revenue and create jobs, I would say that is a pretty significant justification.

Who's going to pay for it? At a time when IMF refuses to pay Pakistan two Billion dollars, how are you going to finance a project worth tens of billion of dollars? Secondly, how are you going to fuel it? And finally, who's going to ride in it. You really think the vast majority of Pakistanis will be able to afford it. Its a white elephant project at this stage of Pakistan's development which will cost us millions in subsidies. There are so many other things that are worth an investment including dams, nuclear power plants, roads, education, military, police etc

spinDoc
14th April 2013, 13:13
ok AZ who will u vote? spill the beans :)

Waseem
14th April 2013, 15:12
Imran Khan's campaign in Mianwali to be slowed down as our very own Misbah is supporting our campaign :)
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/541753_460178160725895_1981114952_n.jpg

waqar goraya
14th April 2013, 15:13
^^

check the video in post #694

Youtube is banned.:(

Can you tell me in couple of sentences ?

waqar goraya
14th April 2013, 15:19
Imran Khan's campaign in Mianwali to be slowed down as our very own Misbah is supporting our campaign :)
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/541753_460178160725895_1981114952_n.jpg

That too in White Shalwaar Kameez

AZ,should update his avatar or signature after knowing this...:))

Black Zero
14th April 2013, 17:38
Article in Jang claiming contradiction/discrepancy in IK's asset/income declaration - http://e.jang.com.pk/04-14-2013/karachi/pic.asp?picname=4021.gif

who owns Imran's isb house...?

Imran got assets totaling 3 crore...

Yes we got an honest leader :D

baalti
14th April 2013, 19:18
ok AZ who will u vote? spill the beans :)

he is into noora kushti... :kohli

The Dark Corner
14th April 2013, 19:21
I recently asked a shopkeeper who he would vote for.
He said: 'Sher kay liye'
I thought he meant Imran Khan and told him I'm considering voting for Imran too.
He's like: 'Naheen, Nawaz ki party kay liye'
He meant their logo. :P I asked him why. He said because he had seen their ads and didn't really know what PTI stood for.

I also asked a waiter who he would vote for.
He said he'd be voting for Jamaat-e-Islaami.

When I asked both these people who their favourite leader in Pakistan was, both immediately said Imran Khan. I queried why they weren't voting Imran then. One said the lack of ads, the other said the lack of past seats. It frustrates me when people say they love Imran Khan but won't vote for him. Party performance in the past really is a key thing. Plus PTI's campaign so far has been inadequate.

baalti
14th April 2013, 19:23
who owns Imran's isb house...?

Imran got assets totaling 3 crore...

Yes we got an honest leader :D

oh yaar, iss se pehlay aap kichar mein paaon marnay ki koshish karain... app ki poori pipli-ya-abad basti is kichar ke neechay abaad hai... apnay kichar hum peh mut uchalain... meharbaani...

taq12345
14th April 2013, 20:16
Shahid KHAN Afridi just joined PML-N!!! (probably as a spy for Khan :D)

Oops.. Afridi just denied it.. Oh well, just a rumour

Bewal Express
14th April 2013, 20:37
The PTI campaign has been a bit of a shambles, i think the move from being a niche party to a party with mass appeal has been quite difficult for them to handle. The chances of the PTI winning more than 30 seats is quite low but worry not as history is with the PTI. Afterall, both the PML and PPP are only in existence to make money for their members with absolutely no care for the public. I challenge anybody to find even one honest person in the PPP and more than a handful in the PML.As stupid as the public is, they will wake up one day.

shehzi
14th April 2013, 21:01
KARACHI: Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Fakhruddin G Ebrahim’s laptop has been stolen from the ECP office in Karachi, DawnNews reported.

http://dawn.com/2013/04/14/fakhruddin-g-ebrahims-laptop-stolen-from-karachi-office/

waqar goraya
14th April 2013, 21:38
Disappointing campaign so far from PTI

Have no governance history,do not have electables and yet are no where to be seen...

May be agencies have warned political parties against holding public gatherings..?:13: