PDA

View Full Version : Official Pakistan 2013 General Elections thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

PTI
28th April 2013, 17:59
Sahiwal Office of #PTI attacked . Staff beaten.

Source : http://www.dawnnewselectiondesk.com/2013/04/28/%D8%B3%D8%A7%DB%81%DB%8C%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84-%D9%BE%DB%8C-%D9%B9%DB%8C-%D8%A2%D8%A6%DB%8C-%DA%A9%DB%92-2-%D8%AF%D9%81%D8%A7%D8%AA%D8%B1-%D9%BE%D8%B1-%D9%85%D8%B4%D8%AA%D8%B9%D9%84-%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%B1/

PTI
28th April 2013, 18:32
PML-N’s bid to engage Shoaib thwarted by Imran

A swift move by chief of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Imran Khan neutralised the efforts of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) to convince former super star cricketer Shoaib Akhtar, dubbed as Rawalpindi Express, to support the election campaign of its candidate Hanif Abbasi in NA-56.

Sources said PML-N’s candidate from NA-56 Hanif Abbasi visited the residence of Shoaib Akhtar some days back and requested him to support his election campaign against PTI chief Imran Khan but the Rawalpindi Express showed his inability to immediately take any decision in this respect.

The sources said as the news of their meeting caught the ear of Imran Khan he approached Shoaib Akhtar and held meeting with him the same day. The meeting between both former star cricketers proved fatal to the PML-N’s candidate as Shoaib Akhtar conveyed to Hanif Abbasi that he would not support him in his election campaign.

They said Hanif Abbasi at once contacted the leadership of the PML-N and then again came to Shoaib Akhtar with an offer for a senate ticket in future. He informed Shoaib Akhtar that his party chief Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif is keen to give him party ticket in next Senate election but all his efforts failed to convince the former cricket star who had already made commitment with Imran Khan, the sources added.

The sources close to Shoaib Akhtar confided to this correspondent that he would go to Saudi Arabia to perform Umra next month so no one would be able again to contact him for any kind of support for the election campaign. When contacted for version, a person who introduced himself as Imran and personal assistant of Hanif Abbasi put a very strange condition for a version saying “If Shoaib Akhtar gives any indication that he will support election campaign then you should write that Hanif Abbasi met Shoaib Akhtar and requested him to extend his support in the election campaign and if he (Shoaib) is not willing to do so then our version is that no such meeting was held.”

Source: http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-6-173983-PML-N%E2%80%99s-bid-to-engage-Shoaib-thwarted-by-Imran

Last paragraph is the funniest. Typical of PMLN. :malik

Red Devil
28th April 2013, 19:22
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/525337_377314392389625_2091235428_n.png

Red Devil
28th April 2013, 19:26
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/386808_376876615766736_581697403_n.jpg

:)))

kamz
28th April 2013, 20:10
Come on dude, lighten up. With you, its simple the case of seeing glass half empty instead of glass half full, and it getting quite tedious.

Honestly, you cannot underestimate the influence of overseas Pakistanis on this elections. The historically high over voters turn in the urban areas , in this elections, would massively owe to the political activism of the expats. No exaggeration. People are literally calling their friends and families back home telling the to vote. Turn on any news channel, and the host is also pleading the urban areas' folks to cast their vote because their fate is majorly decided by the baradari traditions of the rural areas.

Why do overseas pakistanis, or dual nationals have to convince what is right for pakistan or not. They wouldnt go and live in Pakistan or actually experience what goes on there. I think they shouldnt be allowed to vote in internal affairs of Pakistan.

So its very easy to sit outside and commentate, but very hard to roll your sleeves up and get hands dirty

You can express as much pessimism as you want but the results of this election will be determined by the urban voters!

and there lies in the problem!!!!

I think that is unfair, because the majority is rural and it should be according to what is feasible, rational, comfortable to them, rather than to the urban voters.

PTI
28th April 2013, 20:42
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BI8bBK3CEAE2HM6.jpg

saadibaba
28th April 2013, 21:28
I'm sure if Pakistanis living in Pakistan start following the UK politics as closely and obsessively as some of the British Paks do, they will certainly end up having more knowledge and backed up opinions than the local folks I work with.

Lol, why would they unless they have nothing better to do. Even if expats do follow Pakaistani politics closely, how do they follow it. Print, TV, social media...right. That's very superficial. It doesn't give you any idea of what's really happening other than giving you a false sense of knowing it all. Media in Pak is totally biased and unreliable. It will put a guy like Sheikh Rashid an hour to bloviate at length when he has lost 2 elections in a row and carries no seat and instead ignore politicians who are in the parliament and carry a lot of weight in their local constituencies. Just an example.

Plus expats have no real skin in the game. All their advice, opinion etc. has more to do with their own ego and feel good factor about a certain candidate. Imagine me getting a call from my friend who lives in Pak and telling me that he has followed American politics very closely on the media and he thinks so and so should get my vote for the governor of Tennnesssee. My reaction will obviously be, lol.

Saadi baba why not post vids pics etc of the party you are going to vote for?? Oh wait your an expat too..guess the you truly are following the way of your quaid in edgeware..

This ekection will inshalkah desyroy the myth of the rural vote..

Posting vids and pics are a useless and futile exercise as I have stated above,why would I resort to it myself. As for being an expat, exactly, that is why I feeel I am able to criticize my expat brethren here, as I see myself as being distant and aloof about this campaign despite reading Pakistani papers and following political shows quite extensively.

As for the rural vote, its much more reliable and dependable than the urban vote IMO. Urban middle class voter is moody. For them the voting process is too tedious and time consuming, it gets bored and frustrated easily. It's also hard to gauge their opinions from day to day as that changes with what's cool and happening at that particular time. Hope this changes this time but still, historically, rural vote carries more weight.

HamzaSaeen
28th April 2013, 21:49
Why do overseas pakistanis, or dual nationals have to convince what is right for pakistan or not. They wouldnt go and live in Pakistan or actually experience what goes on there. I think they shouldnt be allowed to vote in internal affairs of Pakistan.

Please, Pakistan would not be surviving today, if it wasn't for billions of dollars worth remittances sent back home each year, by the overseas Pakistanis. They actually care about Pakistan, and are ready to invest as much as they can, once the situation gets better. Being Pakistanis, just living overseas does not mean they do not care about their homeland. And they are just as Pakistani as any other Pakistani living in Pakistan, most of them have also lived majority of their life in Pakistan. They deserve to vote, being Pakistanis, doesn't matter if they live abroad or in Pakistan. Plus, they are much more educated than the average Pakistani, and they will actually vote for the person they think is genuine, and will never vote for the person which gives them jobs, money, other benefits etc. unlike the Pakistani living in Pakistan.

Runner Up
28th April 2013, 21:49
Nawaz Sharif addressing to women in Abbottabad.Quote Unquoate

Meri Behno khush ho jao aap ko gas mile gi peechay se pipe line ke zariye aaye gi"

HamzaSaeen
28th April 2013, 21:53

Meri Behno khush ho jao aap ko gas mile gi peechay se pipe line ke zariye aaye gi"

Did he really say that? :)))

Runner Up
28th April 2013, 22:03
^^ Yes. He meant to give them a good news that his Govt will provide them Gas.

It happened today in his Jalsa.

baalti
28th April 2013, 22:09

nooray ki baat ko barhaatay howey, yeh kambakht poray Pakistan ko pichalay 25 saal sey pipeline dei rahay hain... konsi naayi baat hai... :manzoor

HamzaSaeen
28th April 2013, 22:13
^^ Yes. He meant to give them a good news that his Govt will provide them Gas.

It happened today in his Jalsa.

and this epic speaking power of his is what is making him chicken out from a debate with :imran

venomousx
28th April 2013, 22:27
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Am @<a href="https://twitter.com/na120">na120</a> Dr Yasmeen Vs Nawaz..corner meeting hs turned into a 10000 tsunami jalsa..reporters saying largest meeting ever..change on hai..</p>&mdash; Andleeb Abbas (@AndleebAbbas) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndleebAbbas/status/328551712765906946">April 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

AZ
28th April 2013, 22:29
Please, Pakistan would not be surviving today, if it wasn't for billions of dollars worth remittances sent back home each year, by the overseas Pakistanis. They actually care about Pakistan, and are ready to invest as much as they can, once the situation gets better. Being Pakistanis, just living overseas does not mean they do not care about their homeland. And they are just as Pakistani as any other Pakistani living in Pakistan, most of them have also lived majority of their life in Pakistan. They deserve to vote, being Pakistanis, doesn't matter if they live abroad or in Pakistan. Plus, they are much more educated than the average Pakistani, and they will actually vote for the person they think is genuine, and will never vote for the person which gives them jobs, money, other benefits etc. unlike the Pakistani living in Pakistan.

:)) :))

I love it when Overseas Pakistanis (am also one BTW) say this, absolute and pure rubbish.

Care about Pakistan? please save us the bullcrap, you send it to your family and loved ones, not give it out on the streets to the common man.

kisi pe ehsaan naheen kiya.

The equation is clear as far as I am concerned - no green passport, no vote.

as for Saadibaba's post - some very harsh truths there, very well said.

venomousx
28th April 2013, 22:33
<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151617427301672" width="398" height="292" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Bilbo
28th April 2013, 22:44
In News PTI is not mentioned

Kohat remote controlled blast at election office kills five

KOHAT: At least five persons were killed and 15 wounded in an explosion at the election office at Kacha Pucca located on Orakzai Agency-Kohat border on Sunday morning, Geo News reported.

Police said that the explosion occurred at the joint-office of an independent election candidate for NA-39, Syed Noor Akbar from Orakzai Agency and ANP candidate for Kohat NA-14, Khurshid Begum, which resulted in the death of five persons and 15 wounded, while the nearby vehicles and shops were also damaged. Luckily, both the candidates remained safe in the explosion.

DSP Mushtaque Hussain said that it was a remote controlled explosion containing ten-kilogram explosives.

Following the blast, security forces immediately sealed the Kohat-Hangu Road and started search operation.

Soruce: http://www.thenews.com.pk/article-98751-Kohat-remote-controlled-blast-at-election-office-kills-five

It was loss of life! The nation is so divided

baalti
28th April 2013, 22:46

I love it when Overseas Pakistanis (am also one BTW) say this, absolute and pure rubbish.

Care about Pakistan? please save us the bullcrap, you send it to your family and loved ones, not give it out on the streets to the common man.

rubbish is the claim made in this post....

yes overseas Pakistani's send money to their relatives... and guess what where is that money going... its money being pumped into Pakistan's economy not into xyz nations...

we also donate to NGO's and for other causes... I myself adn my family have donated enough money (alhamdulillah) for the people effected by the sailab and also we have taken care of one village where we donate money regularly for the betterment of the village (not just the relatives)....

hence the claims being made are just rubbish... inshallah change will come, just wait...

Bilbo
28th April 2013, 22:48

Two different things mixed together. One is care for the family, henceoney sent is spent in pakistan by the family, it is circulated there, helps in economy,
If family was not there, that money would have circulated where the NRP lives
Secondly, some NRPs want to invest and even if the intention is to make profit, it is still going to help the country

HamzaSaeen
28th April 2013, 22:51

rubbish is the claim made in this post....

yes overseas Pakistani's send money to their relatives... and guess what where is that money going... its money being pumped into Pakistan's economy not into xyz nations...

we also donate to NGO's and for other causes... I myself adn my family have donated enough money (alhamdulillah) for the people effected by the sailab and also we have taken care of one village where we donate money regularly for the betterment of the village (not just the relatives)....

hence the claims being made are just rubbish... inshallah change will come, just wait...

+1. The money is going into Pakistan's economy, and guess what, this money is coming from outside, which means that Pakistan doesn't have to pay these Pakistanis to work, but its getting free money- which pumps the economy. Makes me wonder what it would be without Overseas Pakistanis. And yes, mr AZ, overseas pakistanis also hold a green passport, that is why they are still known as 'Pakistanis', and Pakistanis have a green passport, Right?

HamzaSaeen
28th April 2013, 22:53
Secondly, some NRPs want to invest and even if the intention is to make profit, it is still going to help the country

Some? I would say countless are waiting for the situation to get better, if it hopefully does, wait and watch the investment by the NRPs, and how they benefit the country.

saadibaba
28th April 2013, 23:00
Lol, going by the logic in the posts above, I think only expats should be allowed to vote then. The one who sends most money should have the most number of votes and vice versa. Only thing will be to change the name of our system from democracy to plutocracy.

HamzaSaeen
28th April 2013, 23:01
Lol, going by the logic in the posts above, I think only expats should be allowed to vote then. The one who sends most money should have the most number of votes and vice versa. Only thing will be to change the name of our system from democracy to plutocracy.

Not at all- off course people in Pakistan have a better frame of mind as to what is happening- but all I am trying to say is that NRPs should be simply allowed to vote.

AZ
28th April 2013, 23:04
LOL, :quote: circulated in the economy :quote:.

you are NOT doing anyone a favour, you are supporting your family.

if you give it to an NGO that is zakat, one of the five pillars of your religion Islam...you want a medal for it?

again I repeat, get off the proverbial high horses and stop looking down at your 'countrymen'.

waqar goraya
28th April 2013, 23:18
Absolutely rubbish ,childish and ignorant couple of comments against expatriates above.....

You do almost everything for your own good ,collective welfare comes later....Everybody becomes an engineer,doctor,teacher,scientist,judge,soldier,jo urnalist or whatever for himself ....Even a parental/child relationship is based upon personal benefits to an extent...Many people will also not pray if they know that their will not be a judgement day or concept of heaven for their prayers or deeds...........The people who put others first are only rare and an exception...

Can not expect expatriates to send billions of dollars each year if they know that doing this will harm their family or themselves.....

As they say "common sense is the most uncommon phenomenon"..:facepalm:

They have every right to vote because they are Pakistani Nationals,who have a Pakistani identity card,they have their families back in Pakistan and there money is a backbone for our economy........

PTI
28th April 2013, 23:22
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BI9M9opCEAAjrdS.jpg

venomousx
28th April 2013, 23:37
will the cancellation of karachi jalsa help with financial concerns? :)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>finalizing a karachi campaign to make up for the cancellation of the jalsa...</p>&mdash; Asad Umar (@Asad_Umar) <a href="https://twitter.com/Asad_Umar/status/328568090453475328">April 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

PTI
28th April 2013, 23:45
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Have a feeling PML(N) is confused on campaign strategy. Why should NS announce more gas connections in Abbotabad when we have gas deficiency</p>&mdash; Amir Mateen (@AmirMateen2) <a href="https://twitter.com/AmirMateen2/status/328569268553785344">April 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

PTI
28th April 2013, 23:53
This will make you laugh..I can bet on it.

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=439517209475610" width="400" height="320" frameborder="0"></iframe>

PTI
28th April 2013, 23:54
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Just saw the movie 'Chambailee'. After the movie some of the people starting raising slogans 'Wazir-e-Azam Imran Khan' <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23PTI">#PTI</a></p>&mdash; Mansoor Ali Khan (@MansoorGeoNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/MansoorGeoNews/status/328574128414142464">April 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

PTI
28th April 2013, 23:56
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/399611_439450302815634_891703573_n.jpg

baalti
29th April 2013, 00:00

if you give it to an NGO that is zakat, one of the five pillars of your religion Islam...you want a medal for it?

again I repeat, get off the proverbial high horses and stop looking down at your 'countrymen'.

wow what a way to walk in to a wall...

please turn on the economical valves to understand that whether the money going to Pakistan is for relatives, investment purposes, give aways, zakat, etc etc etc (and no nobody wants a medal for it, what a cheap thought, bravo)... it in the end helps the economy.... let me put it in a layman's way for you so its easy to digest... lets assume you earn $1 a day... and you need $1 daily to survive, you can survive as long as you make that $1 daily. Recently one of your friends got the bad habit of borrowing a $.25 from you daily... now you got the habit of spending $2 daily for cigarettes... now you are making $1 but spending $2, you wont be surviving for long... but but... your brother is trying to help you out by giving you $2 daily... with your bro's help only will you be able to survive or be close to survival or you will be wiped out fast as you dont have the means...

but then again prob will get a lame arsed reply as usual... and no body's looking down upon their countrymen... and instead of finding faults in others, why dont we tell others what good have we done ourselves or our political idols have or intend to... maybe thats a better starting point... ya munazaray sey dar lagta hai :shafiq

saadibaba
29th April 2013, 00:01
I'm all for expats getting the right to vote, just stop demeaning the intelligence and claiming to be better judges of parties/candidates than your fellow citizens residing in Pakistan.

PTI
29th April 2013, 00:02
This was yesterday surprise

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/12388_439147716179226_319527118_n.jpg

baalti
29th April 2013, 00:03
Absolutely rubbish ,childish and ignorant couple of comments against expatriates above.....

You do almost everything for your own good ,collective welfare comes later....Everybody becomes an engineer,doctor,teacher,scientist,judge,soldier,jo urnalist or whatever for himself ....Even a parental/child relationship is based upon personal benefits to an extent...Many people will also not pray if they know that their will not be a judgement day or concept of heaven for their prayers or deeds...........The people who put others first are only rare and an exception...

Can not expect expatriates to send billions of dollars each year if they know that doing this will harm their family or themselves.....

As they say "common sense is the most uncommon phenomenon"..:facepalm:

They have every right to vote because they are Pakistani Nationals,who have a Pakistani identity card,they have their families back in Pakistan and there money is a backbone for our economy........

exactly... and if we didnt give a **** we wouldnt be wasting out time and efforts... little does the troll know that he himself being an expatriate is part of the same circle that we are but with a different mindset, however, contributing to the same process... yet fails to see the big picture...

PTI
29th April 2013, 00:04
PTI Youth TVC

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=439061122854552" width="720" height="394" frameborder="0"></iframe>

PTI
29th April 2013, 00:07
A v.good msg.

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/922701_439035499523781_393513725_n.jpg

PTI
29th April 2013, 00:08
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/399844_439032069524124_697918842_n.jpg

PTI
29th April 2013, 00:10
See the Reality...Who is with Zardari..IK or Nawaz

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=439008029526528" width="320" height="240" frameborder="0"></iframe>

baalti
29th April 2013, 00:11
I'm all for expats getting the right to vote, just stop demeaning the intelligence and claiming to be better judges of parties/candidates than your fellow citizens residing in Pakistan.

show me some evidence where you see people saying other than for PTI that they are voting for their party coz they are honest, they are hardworking, have a good track record, have great policies, etc etc...all you hear 99% of time is "meiney noon/bhutto ko vote dena hai" kyon "bus, meri marzi" "sari zindagi ussey hi vote diya hai" "paka voter hoon" "hamaray halkay mein aur koi kaisay jeet sakta hai" "sarak/pull banaya THA saath walay shehar mein" ... we these responses its only fair that we criticize...

haan agar koi response hota ke "iss ki waja se load shedding khatam ho gai" "saaf peenay ka paani aata hai" "naukriyaan laye hain" "thaana culture khatam keya hai" etc etc is tarah ka koi opposition ka supporter response dey then you are right we shouldnt be questioning at all...

(this goes to all anti PTI) and going by some folks analogies of criticizing ex-pats, well we left the country coz of this crap and were fed up coz of it... and hence we support IK.... how the hell do you support those dweebs and are ex-pats, explain that bit to me... coz in your eyes the country is flourishing under these slime bags... :manzoor

PTI
29th April 2013, 00:16
Story of Shareef Family...King of Corruption.
If these are allegations then i advise PML-N Supporters to urge their leadership to go to court and sue ARY channel.

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=438969356197062" width="320" height="240" frameborder="0"></iframe>

PTI
29th April 2013, 00:27
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/407059_438609539566377_1964615109_n.jpg

PTI
29th April 2013, 00:36
Hamid Mir Exposes Nawaz Promise with Zardari

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10200931793167189" width="320" height="240" frameborder="0"></iframe>

PTI
29th April 2013, 00:37
PTI Sargodha Jalsa Massive Crowd

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=332573180199528" width="320" height="240" frameborder="0"></iframe>

ahmed778
29th April 2013, 00:42
Very good work done by PTI, both the party and the poster chances are looking Bright for PTI to win the elections.

Pak_Jazba
29th April 2013, 00:44

Umm.

You send money to your relative -> he along with many other people buy rice from a local shop -> more rice is purchased from a local plantation by the shop owner-> End result farmer plants more rice hence GDP Increases!.

Its just one example. There are millions of ways how foreign remittances benefit the Pakistani economy.

kamz
29th April 2013, 01:02
Please, Pakistan would not be surviving today, if it wasn't for billions of dollars worth remittances sent back home each year, by the overseas Pakistanis.

are you mental!!!! your remittances do not heavily fuel your country's economy. The reason remittances were seen significant was due to pre BCCI bankruptcy, where Aga Hasan Abdi helped in managing the country current account deficit through remittances and no other country was able to do that, just through remittances.

It was a quick fix, because your current account deficit should be managed by your exports not through remittances sent in by the poor labourers in Middle East.

They actually care about Pakistan, and are ready to invest as much as they can, once the situation gets better.

so you proved it, that overseas pakistanis value their investment more than their country. Because if we were to follow your example of foreign remittances and investments, then in dire times and weakening economic position, the overseas pakistanis should have sent more money back home than ever, to pull their country out of their misery. Plus, if the overseas pakistanis dont want to invest, you expect other foreigners to?

This situation excuse never gets better. People of every era say that, my father who migrated to the UK in the 60s says that those were hard times in Pakistan. Guess what made him move, a simple theory "that he couldnt land himself a seat for qualifying as a chartered accountant, so he moved to the UK as there were more opportunities of him qualifying and working for one of the top firms"

And im sure, many of british pakistanis, whose parents migrated in 60s and 70s only moved out of Pakistan for a better opportunity.

At best that is called an opportunistic approach, so to put blame that ohhhh as soon as the situation gets better doesnt sound plausible at all. Because that has been the excuse for the last 45 years :) passed on from generations to generations.

I am not saying the situation hasnt got worse off, but had our parents been patient and wouldnt had migrated from Pakistan, all that talent would have been retained and surely had played some sort of an impact on today's situation and the next generations.

Additionally, no precedent would had been set of migrating out to the west and causing no ripple effect, where the next generation started migrating out, stating the same excuse.

On the topic of investments, there are many projects yielding more than 15% return that too guaranteed, one just has to go to these pakistani business forums and hear them out. Guess what, no one wants to invest.

In my line of work as a financier, I know hundreds of powerful VCs, financiers who are of pakistani origin and still none of them even want to pitch these investment plans? Yet they will pitch Nigeria as the best positive outlook towards doing business, even when they are higher than Pakistan in corruption scale.

Any guesses why? Because they acknowledge their current issues, accept it whole heartedly, believe in themselves, the cream stays in their country and implement mitigation plans. Overseas Pakistanis dont do that.

A classic example is of the insurance industry. Penetration rate in South Africa is 10% the highest in the world compared to pakistan one of the lowest in the world

Yet multi-national insurers want to go into SA and pulling their investment out of pakistan, no corruption ******** or anything, but just because there is no one in pakistan to utilise that low insurance penetration rate and transform that into huge profits. On the contrary, south african insurer, Hollard goes to Pakistan and forms to joint ventures with adamjee and shaheen insurance, because they can see the potential and overseas pakistanis cant.

Care to ask why? because overseas pakistanis dont want to go back, who are best placed to turn these situations around: as they know the culture, have the precious know-how along with the western education and experience. (you cant count people who are of pakistani descent - born and bred outside pakistan, in that category) as they have never lived or worked in Pakistan

"Ik waari laal kitab laban tay day fir mein jadu jawanga pakistan chutti tay, tay mein dasanga ke mein ki cheez aaan" attitude

or

"tussi kinway rehsakde ho ainj tay halaat wich? Ohh my gawwwwwd!!!!!" haplessly forgetting that they spent majority of their lives in Pakistan.

Being Pakistanis, just living overseas does not mean they do not care about their homeland. And they are just as Pakistani as any other Pakistani living in Pakistan, most of them have also lived majority of their life in Pakistan. They deserve to vote, being Pakistanis, doesn't matter if they live abroad or in Pakistan

So why did they leave pakistan, then? Because they put their priorities first and no they arent anywhere near the same as a pakistani living in Pakistan. Because they dont experience or go through the daily hurdles like an average pakistani would. that lot bailed out, simply put!

And when you cant accept any person with a dual nationality in a ministerial position or an outsider ruling your country, why doesnt the same law apply for voting too on overseas pakistanis?

Plus, they are much more educated than the average Pakistani, and they will actually vote for the person they think is genuine, and will never vote for the person which gives them jobs, money, other benefits etc. unlike the Pakistani living in Pakistan[/U].

and this is exactly the reason, that I feel it is unfair on pakistanis living in pakistan, that some self righteous a**es like yourself get an opportunity to come to the UK & US, gets western education and think of themselves as the most learned wise knowledgeable than the rest of pakistanis.

They somehow think it is their birth right to havemore of a say than the average pakistani as they know better, sitting away in a far land wanting to command their wishes and desires as if they are your bloody slaves "chad de tennu ki pata mein zindagi guzaar chadi hai england wich, utthay aye honda hai tay woh honda hai" attitude

Why is that? because they got more money, how is that different to the current pakistani government, that who ever has more power, more money, or a influence will have more of a say

Ofcourse local pakistanis would vote for people who would promise them to create jobs or give out benefits, thats what happens everywhere in the world. Why on earth would they vote for someone who doesnt promise them anything they'd desire. At the end of the day they live their lives in Pakistan not you and I.

so my friend if overseas pakistanis want to have such a strong say in Pakistan's internal affairs they should move there or simply take the approach of praying that may Allah grant the people of Pakistan whatever is in the best of their interests and instead of having the attitude that they know better, they should try the art of listening and devise a solution that suits more to the local pakistanis, than themselves

waqar_ahmad
29th April 2013, 01:03

Bus ker de yaar ab. Fazool ke chawlian. Trying to be politically correct. Voters who will vote for PPP again, are dumb. Fellow citizens residing in pakistan, when dont use their heads to vote, should be called dumb.

You actually think someone voting for PPP, thinking he is voting for Benazir Bhutto, is smart? Yeah right......

And the same goes for nooras. You can be all "polite" about it by calling them the only ones who understand the ACTUAL situation in pakistan. But they are dumb.

Also, no offense, but your posts in this thread are mostly full of moaning. This is an elections thread. It has been taken over by PTI coz PTI is running a fantastic election campaign. You are free to post ads, speeches and other campaign activities of other parties. Instead of moaning, why dont you do that for a change?

taq12345
29th April 2013, 01:03
Jalsa Schedule for 29th April

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/7809_486656841399532_527153334_n.jpg

Can we expect Ayaz Amir to make an entrance with I.K in Chakwal ?

Mystrey
29th April 2013, 01:04

Actually AZ some of us do give it to the common man, my family has been responsible for making schools, mosques, charity etc for years now mashAllah.

So take of your troll hat and the nonsense comments.

Is this guy even for real?

venomousx
29th April 2013, 01:09
Bus ker de yaar ab. Fazool ke chawlian. Trying to be politically correct. Voters who will vote for PPP again, are dumb. Fellow citizens residing in pakistan, when dont use their heads to vote, should be called dumb.

You actually think someone voting for PPP, thinking he is voting for Benazir Bhutto, is smart? Yeah right......

And the same goes for nooras. You can be all "polite" about it by calling them the only ones who understand the ACTUAL situation in pakistan. But they are dumb.

Also, no offense, but your posts in this thread are mostly full of moaning. This is an elections thread. It has been taken over by PTI coz PTI is running a fantastic election campaign. You are free to post ads, speeches and other campaign activities of other parties. Instead of moaning, why dont you do that for a change?

spot on!

arsalan660
29th April 2013, 01:11
Many overseas claim we love Pakistan and we care for Pakistan and we are worried about Pakistan situation and want to have opportunity to vote.

They care for Pakistan and want government to spend money to arrange them for vote in the country they are living.

If you do care for Pakistan why not spend some money for Pakistan, get a ticket, cast your vote and met your Family. :)

kamz
29th April 2013, 01:11

I would agree only to the extent of expatriates who are in the middle east, as they are pakistani nationals and will go back to Pakistan at some point of their lives (though my experience is that they want to move to Europe/US/Canada/Australia and their last resort is pakistan, AZ and Ayub can share their experiences too)

People who were born in UK/Europe/US, hold that country's nationality shouldnt be counted as overseas/expats pakistanis

Mystrey
29th April 2013, 01:12
Many overseas claim we love Pakistan and we care for Pakistan and we are worried about Pakistan situation and want to have opportunity to vote.

They care for Pakistan and want government to spend money to arrange them for vote in the country they are living.

If you do care for Pakistan why not spend some money for Pakistan, get a ticket, cast your vote and met your Family. :)

And another troll

A lot of us have. A lot of my friends have already left to go and join the election campaign for PTI, donate money etc.

waqar_ahmad
29th April 2013, 01:18

Stop trolling. Eveyone is not like you, who first support nooras, and then say that expats dont care about pakistan.

Not everyone can spend money on a ticket to go to pak. I have donated money to PTI;s campaign already. I had a choice, whether to spend money on a plane ticket, or donate to the campaign. I donated the money that I would have spent on the plane ticket, to PTI's campaign coz I think that would make more of a difference.

Another friend of mine has just collected 8 thousand dollars from his contacts, and donated that to PTI's campaign. He himself donated 3k.

So stop trolling, stop moaning and ********. Start another thread with the title "I support nooras, and I dont know why" and you and AZ can have a great discussion there

arsalan660
29th April 2013, 01:21
And another troll

A lot of us have. A lot of my friends have already left to go and join the election campaign for PTI, donate money etc.

Thats good.

I am only saying voting should be allowed only in Pakistan not in any other country. If you want to vote come in Pakistan and cat your vote.

arsalan660
29th April 2013, 01:28
Stop trolling. Eveyone is not like you, who first support nooras, and then say that expats dont care about pakistan.

Not everyone can spend money on a ticket to go to pak. I have donated money to PTI;s campaign already. I had a choice, whether to spend money on a plane ticket, or donate to the campaign. I donated the money that I would have spent on the plane ticket, to PTI's campaign coz I think that would make more of a difference.

Another friend of mine has just collected 8 thousand dollars from his contacts, and donated that to PTI's campaign. He himself donated 3k.

So stop trolling, stop moaning and ********. Start another thread with the title "I support nooras, and I dont know why" and you and AZ can have a great discussion there

When I said they don't care for Pakistan, I am just saying go in Pakistan and cast your vote.

PTI
29th April 2013, 01:37
How PML-N Helped Raymond Davis to escape...Talat Hussain Exposed PML-N Punjab Govt....SHAME

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10200944504884974" width="1280" height="720" frameborder="0"></iframe>

venomousx
29th April 2013, 01:39
So many trolls trying to derail this thread just for the sake of it. I think mods need to step in.

PTI
29th April 2013, 01:40

Lol...Waqar Bhai you are in great form today..Hitting every ball for SIX.

PTI
29th April 2013, 01:46
When I said they don't care for Pakistan, I am just saying go in Pakistan and cast your vote.

If i am living outside Pakistan it doesnt make me a less patriot Pakistani.
Even India allow overseas indians to cast vote then why this cant be done in Pak?
Only reason that PML-N supporters are afraid of that overseas pakistanis will vote for PTI that is why they are against it.

PTI
29th April 2013, 01:49
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>PTI will give tough time to PML in punjab !</p>&mdash; jasmeen manzoor (@jasmeenmanzoor) <a href="https://twitter.com/jasmeenmanzoor/status/328601869561769985">April 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

PTI
29th April 2013, 01:51
Worth Read- PML (N) copies PTI tactics

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sharifbrothers are confused about poll strategy <a href="http://t.co/jWAKzUchUV" title="http://thespokesman.pk/index.php/history/item/4392-sharifs-confused-in-campaign-strategy">thespokesman.pk/index.php/hist…</a></p>&mdash; Amir Mateen (@AmirMateen2) <a href="https://twitter.com/AmirMateen2/status/328601843305431041">April 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

PTI
29th April 2013, 01:54
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I am very impressed by Imran Khan despite so many troubles in his party his graph is rising every day. Phenomenal support for him in public</p>&mdash; Mubasher Lucman (@MubasherLucman) <a href="https://twitter.com/MubasherLucman/status/328529973335977984">April 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

PTI
29th April 2013, 01:56
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>PMLN begs EC to ban PPPSponsored big hit video of Shahbaz making 4 claims to end Loadshedding.Can anyone find man who came out with hit idea</p>&mdash; Rauf Klasra (@KlasraRauf) <a href="https://twitter.com/KlasraRauf/status/328549132883075072">April 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

Bewal Express
29th April 2013, 01:58

The Nooras love their people more than anybody-Do You remember when the shop-keeper got beaten up by the daughter of Shahbaz for doing his duty.

PTI
29th April 2013, 02:00
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/seeyrose2012">seeyrose2012</a> Frankly,I wasnt expecting Imran will pull big crowd in Seraiki areas, traditonally PPP vote bank. Imran has put dent in South</p>&mdash; Rauf Klasra (@KlasraRauf) <a href="https://twitter.com/KlasraRauf/status/328123238376955904">April 27, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Imran K doing right thing to raise awareness among people in rural areas about D governments.Right on target as only way to change &amp; heaven</p>&mdash; Rauf Klasra (@KlasraRauf) <a href="https://twitter.com/KlasraRauf/status/328121306056884224">April 27, 2013</a></blockquote>

baalti
29th April 2013, 02:04

nice logic... just coz someone lives abroad does not mean they are billionaires like your leaders... no swiss banks here, sorry yaar for letting you down... we are outside of Pak coz we hate what your so called leaders are doing to the nation... they have made it impossible to survive there, hence our support for IK....

and going by your logic... if your so called leaders have made Pakistan to flourish and a popular destination, then why are you and family and fellow thought sharing ppl outside Pakistan to begin with.... kya yeh khula tezaad nahin?

baalti
29th April 2013, 02:06
The Nooras love their people more than anybody-Do You remember when the shop-keeper got beaten up by the daughter of Shahbaz for doing his duty.

shhh.... you are not supposed to say that... might hurt a few feelings here... lets just say that did not happen... ***whistles***

baalti
29th April 2013, 02:10

apnay leader waali baat kar di na... pehlay zehan toh bana loh ke load-shedding kitnay time mei khatam karni hai, phir ilaan karna... make sure tanqeed kis point pe karni hai phir SS aur RR ki tarah ilaan(read troll post) karna... :junaid

baalti
29th April 2013, 02:12
Thats good.

I am only saying voting should be allowed only in Pakistan not in any other country. If you want to vote come in Pakistan and cat your vote.

infact Pakistan is the one of the fewest nations out there that does not allow its citizens to cast votes who reside outside it... so..... :manzoor

arsalan660
29th April 2013, 02:20
nice logic... just coz someone lives abroad does not mean they are billionaires like your leaders... no swiss banks here, sorry yaar for letting you down... we are outside of Pak coz we hate what your so called leaders are doing to the nation... they have made it impossible to survive there, hence our support for IK....

and going by your logic... if your so called leaders have made Pakistan to flourish and a popular destination, then why are you and family and fellow thought sharing ppl outside Pakistan to begin with.... kya yeh khula tezaad nahin?

Oops sorry I didn't know a ticket cost billions. So you love Pakistan but do not want to go there to cast your vote and want to have it at your door.

Mystrey
29th April 2013, 02:27
Other than PIA gaining money from expats coming to vote IN Pak, what difference does it make to YOU if we vote overseas than Pak?

Its not like YOU'RE paying for it :/

baalti
29th April 2013, 02:29
Oops sorry I didn't know a ticket cost billions. So you love Pakistan but do not want to go there to cast your vote and want to have it at your door.

mere bhai tum katwa do tickets, mein apnay saath 10-30 ya jitni katwa do gey, utney log saath lija ke votes dei aata hoon...

if you love Pakistan so much, bahir baith ke aam khaa rahay ho, hum toh chalo nahin love kartay aur bas adi tappa khail rahay hain...

like waqar-ahmad i opted to donate money instead of going there... as i cant get time off from work to do so (already exhausted my holidays)... is waqt meri donation ka impact zyada hona hai than my visit.... awareness through advertisement, jalsa's etc is a necessity back there for PTI right now...

rest be assuredm, agar mein nooray ya ghadari ka supporter hota toh app ki tarah yahan peh logon ko troll kar raha hota... :afridi

baalti
29th April 2013, 02:33
what i dont get is that the trolls wont discuss any policies... lack debating skills? or maybe they would if their party had any policies other then loot maar and corruption...

arsalan660
29th April 2013, 02:38
If you don't have answer just Put Nawaz and Zardari (Noora and Ghadari in your language although I don't like calling people with such names) in post to try to get away.

In how many jalsas IK or Nawaz discuss policies , they are just playing blame blame on each other. :P

Infact I am not a supporter of PMLN or even PTI ever PPP nor MQM, not decided on whom to vote. But problem is I have not heard about solutions of problems from any party till now.

Black Zero
29th April 2013, 02:44

if these $$$$ are not sent (even to family), Pakistan would default in 6 months!!!

Black Zero
29th April 2013, 02:51
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/399844_439032069524124_697918842_n.jpg

I am not sure if he really said that..

breaking an elected govt is a CRIME!

baalti
29th April 2013, 02:58
If you don't have answer just Put Nawaz and Zardari (Noora and Ghadari in your language although I don't like calling people with such names) in post to try to get away.

In how many jalsas IK or Nawaz discuss policies , they are just playing blame blame on each other. :P

i have no respect for people that put a whole nation through hard times, steal from them, and cost many of them their lives... hence the calling... chor luteron aur qatilon ki koi izzat nahin hoti...

In every jalsa nawaz discusses motorway, which his party mostly takes credit of but did nothing, he talks about gwader port which his party did not initiate, his sibling talks about finishing load shedding in 6 months.. no take that back, 1 yr, take that back too, 2 yr, 2.5 yr, 3 yr, no take all those back too... some time in their 5 yrs if you let them complete them.

No real mention of education, thana culture, energy, agriculture, how they will eliminate the deficit, how they will fulfill their phatay phateechar daway... nothing....

with IK, you get him talking about the EDUCATION, Eliminating the Thana culture, Eliminating the energy crisis, How he will aide the farmers, how he will De-centralize everything to empower the union councils and the villages to bring themselves out of the dark. And highlighting the poor showings of other failed parties (which bothers you heavily).

Our public is a bit behind, IK has to speak to them a bit in their style, you have to get them on board at first, and then you improve them, if you dont have their attention, how will you help them. You can't do a sophisticated ENGLISH jalsa... it just wont work... its a work in progress.

App yeh batao, how is Metro bus and Bullet trains going to help our below poverty citizens (a vast majority)... is that going to put food on their plates... is that going to employ them in masses... when countries such as US or CAN or many a European nations can't afford them how is Pakistan going to... where is the Money going to come from.... Metro tickets were supposed to be Rs. 20... and we were told (read promised) wont go higher... how are you going to sustain the high costs and expenses of operating, (btw, they have already put the price tag to Rs 40)... so how is the avg or below avg person going to afford... How are these voting schemes going to help the person sitting in Khewra, Mian Chunu, Lila, DIK, Upper Dir, Lodhran, Jaranwala, etc etc etc...

How is closing down govt' schools and replacing with a hand full Danish schools is going to help the people...

How is a dead bhutto going to help the people...

How?

arsalan660
29th April 2013, 03:00

I don't agree with him if he said this.

The way Government was working with its collations, they would welcome PMLN's resigns to hold by elections and get 2/3rd majority.

baalti
29th April 2013, 03:01
if these $$$$ are not sent (even to family), Pakistan would default in 6 months!!!

usually disagree with you, but you came through with flying marks there... :usman

Pakistan deficit mein hai, govt mostly paisa chori kar rahi hoti hai... and these guys think if the money from outside doesnt come in Pakistan would sustain...

yeh Economics 101 ke class room ki taraf koi ishaara karay, ya agar unh ki koi online classes hain toh hamaray kuch friends ko details bhaij dein...

PakPrince
29th April 2013, 03:04
Agree with AZ's view

No green passport, no vote

I'd rather see a PPP govt again than a govt voted in by people born in uK and US and whatnot

Black Zero
29th April 2013, 03:06
I don't agree with him if he said this.

The way Government was working with its collations, they would welcome PMLN's resigns to hold by elections and get 2/3rd majority.

very true...

pml-n would have lost punjab..
and give ppp chance to make govt in punjab (first time since 77)

arsalan660
29th April 2013, 03:11
i have no respect for people that put a whole nation through hard times, steal from them, and cost many of them their lives... hence the calling... chor luteron aur qatilon ki koi izzat nahin hoti...

In every jalsa nawaz discusses motorway, which his party mostly takes credit of but did nothing, he talks about gwader port which his party did not initiate, his sibling talks about finishing load shedding in 6 months.. no take that back, 1 yr, take that back too, 2 yr, 2.5 yr, 3 yr, no take all those back too... some time in their 5 yrs if you let them complete them.

No real mention of education, thana culture, energy, agriculture, how they will eliminate the deficit, how they will fulfill their phatay phateechar daway... nothing....

with IK, you get him talking about the EDUCATION, Eliminating the Thana culture, Eliminating the energy crisis, How he will aide the farmers, how he will De-centralize everything to empower the union councils and the villages to bring themselves out of the dark. And highlighting the poor showings of other failed parties (which bothers you heavily).

Thats my point of view, you can call anyone anything.

As I mentioned every party will say I will do this, I will do that but when asked how? they had simple answer just give us votes and help us make government then we will do this.

I don't like this, If you demand vote you have to explain your policies first then ask for votes.

arsalan660
29th April 2013, 03:14
very true...

pml-n would have lost punjab..
and give ppp chance to make govt in punjab (first time since 77)

It was not only they made government in Punjab, by getting 2/3rd majority to do anything whatever they want and they would be worse.

That was one point of Imran Khan which I was strongly against to resign from assemblies.

baalti
29th April 2013, 03:17
Pakistan Aaj Raat ke program mein SMQ ney clear kar dia that he will be fighting in Sindh on PTI's tickets... him contesting as an independent was a strategy to confuse the opposition, and they attained their goals... so much for all the haloopla and hum-ho created by N and PPP

waqar goraya
29th April 2013, 03:21
This will make you laugh..I can bet on it.

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=439517209475610" width="400" height="320" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I had not laughed so much for many days!! :))) :)) :)))

arsalan660
29th April 2013, 03:23
Pakistan Aaj Raat ke program mein SMQ ney clear kar dia that he will be fighting in Sindh on PTI's tickets... him contesting as an independent was a strategy to confuse the opposition, and they attained their goals... so much for all the haloopla and hum-ho created by N and PPP

What about Javed Hashmi??

baalti
29th April 2013, 03:23
Thats my point of view, you can call anyone anything.

As I mentioned every party will say I will do this, I will do that but when asked how? they had simple answer just give us votes and help us make government then we will do this.

I don't like this, If you demand vote you have to explain your policies first then ask for votes.

bhai mere N league as per you are saying never lays out their policies, i swear you go ask NS the party's policies and he will not know them... + their bad track of governance goes against them...

PPP is so much down the drain coz of their bad governance that they themselves are not contesting... not coz of terrorist threats etc...

IK has lived up to all his challenges and promises.... SKH, NU, Jalsas and their turnouts, Sailaab Aide, inter-party elections, tickets to youth, clear past, honesty... and their solid and detailed policies they introduced to the public... so far so good, and he does highlight his policies in each of his jalsa's...

Heck poor guy is calling out NS on a daily basis for a live debate.... why isnt NS coming... they know they will get thwarted as in a one on one debate with IK, NS will be exposed and their voting bank will be heavily dented... this not only coz IK is good in debates or NS is weak in debates... stumbling on sentences is ok, but not having any sentence to back up is the main problem...

PTI held media conferences and detailed their policies, each and everyone of them, N or PPP (if they have a manshoor other than zinda hai bhutto) havent done so... they avoid the questions...

taq12345
29th April 2013, 03:24
Well scripted :D

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=439607262799938" width="550" height="500" frameborder="0"></iframe>

waqar goraya
29th April 2013, 03:27
I would agree only to the extent of expatriates who are in the middle east, as they are pakistani nationals and will go back to Pakistan at some point of their lives (though my experience is that they want to move to Europe/US/Canada/Australia and their last resort is pakistan, AZ and Ayub can share their experiences too)

People who were born in UK/Europe/US, hold that country's nationality shouldnt be counted as overseas/expats pakistanis

Whoever has the Pakistani Nationality,has a right to vote as its citizen,....and if some one is not eligible to vote,he should also not be awarded Pakistani nationality.....

baalti
29th April 2013, 03:27
SMQ saying he will be fighting under the PTI banner even in sindh as was the plan all along... watch from 8:20 mark...

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="360" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xzeujb"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzeujb_pakistan-aaj-raat-28th-april-2013_news" target="_blank">Pakistan Aaj Raat - 28th April 2013</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/RohailAsghari" target="_blank">RohailAsghari</a></i>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WmSdloNeLY0?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

baalti
29th April 2013, 03:31
Well scripted :D

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=439607262799938" width="550" height="500" frameborder="0"></iframe>

if PTI can they should have this as their ad... and the Captions should be in urdu... :yk

baalti
29th April 2013, 03:32
What about Javed Hashmi??

he has already openly supported SMQ in Multan (i will see if i can find the video)... PTI is smart, they are playing their strategies well...

arsalan660
29th April 2013, 03:36
he has already openly supported SMQ in Multan (i will see if i can find the video)... PTI is smart, they are playing their strategies well...

He is contesting Independently from Lahore from 2 constituencies.

baalti
29th April 2013, 03:40

;) so was SMQ from sindh in 2 constituencies... :malik

venomousx
29th April 2013, 04:27
if PTI can they should have this as their ad... and the Captions should be in urdu... :yk

where can i find this? wanna share it on facebook :D

Anfield
29th April 2013, 04:30

Needless to say you're being hypocritical. Read below your own post.

Love how this whole thread has turned into a collection of ads, slogans, pics, videos, attack posters, etc. from PTI. While the real elections is being fought in the streets and most of it has nothing to do with the material in this thread.

Rural Pakistan which will determine the elections, where party affiliations don't matter, where dharra and thana-kachery culture exists, where key to winning an election is to get the support of the dominant biradri in that area, where caste plays a great role and candidates change parties more frequently than Taylor Swift changes boyfriends, it really makes one wonder what kind of bubble our city mostly expat folks live in, whose only access to electoral process is social media, which is obviously dominated by PTI.

In any case, would love to see some real on the grounds insight from posters actually there in Pakistan (who don't spend all day in front of their computers) rather than expats whose favorite hobby has become embedding videos and pics from PTI's official and unofficial fan club websites.

You really can't have both ways. If you believe that people in Pakistan vote because of biradary system and dharra politics then you shouldn't say that People in Pakistan are better judges of parties/candidates.

Mystrey
29th April 2013, 04:31
Agree with AZ's view

No green passport, no vote

I'd rather see a PPP govt again than a govt voted in by people born in uK and US and whatnot

What an astonishingly stupid statement.

Even if every overseas Pakistani vote it still wouldn't be enough to ''vote in'' a government without the majority of the votes coming from within Pakistan. :91:

I swear some people in this thread type before they think.

Anfield
29th April 2013, 04:52
Anyone has a link of PPP ad on power crisis directed towards Shahbaz Sharif?

waqar_ahmad
29th April 2013, 04:57

Yes, you meant this, no wait, you meant that, no wait.......

Good job of trying to derail the thread. Let me put it back on track now

Waseem
29th April 2013, 05:00

You really can't have both ways. If you believe that people in Pakistan vote because of biradary system and dharra politics then you shouldn't say that People in Pakistan are better judges of parties/candidates.

Spot on!! Sadibaba has been asking all overseas Pakistanis to stop even commenting on Pakistani politics as we aren't even allowed to tell people what's wrong in their thinking and at the same time lists dozens of things that are wrong in our system.

Is it a co incidence that people who oppose PTI are the only ones here who don't even want overseas Pakistanis to comment on Pakistani politics? :)

Anyway, we have to move on and concentrate on things that really matter.

waqar_ahmad
29th April 2013, 05:03
What I'm getting excited about now, is that those journalists and anchors who used to doubt PTI, are not accepting the fact that PTI's campaign has been fantastic, and PTI workers are the most dedicated around.

Talat Hussain has bene pleasantly surprised. Klasra was taken aback with the response PTI got in southern punjab, which according to him was better than anything that BB ever got. Hasan Nisar, Mubashir Lucman and Haroon Rasheed, after their brief verbal spankings of PTI, are also praising Imran for changing mood of the public. Ansar Abbassi is expecting a surprise in favor of PTI as well And the one and only NFP is all praise for PTI campaign's success as well.

All in all, the campaign is making a mark, and Imran is doing many big jalsas every day, when sharifs are failing to fill small grounds with people.

Imran has changed the mood of nation, like only Imran can. A true son of Pakistan

Waseem
29th April 2013, 05:15
Imran Khan after having a lazy Sunday (3 jalsas) will be back to work on Monday with crazy schedule :)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BI9u2MyCAAAr7sN.png:large

Waseem
29th April 2013, 05:19
What I'm getting excited about now, is that those journalists and anchors who used to doubt PTI, are not accepting the fact that PTI's campaign has been fantastic, and PTI workers are the most dedicated around.

Talat Hussain has bene pleasantly surprised. Klasra was taken aback with the response PTI got in southern punjab, which according to him was better than anything that BB ever got. Hasan Nisar, Mubashir Lucman and Haroon Rasheed, after their brief verbal spankings of PTI, are also praising Imran for changing mood of the public. Ansar Abbassi is expecting a surprise in favor of PTI as well And the one and only NFP is all praise for PTI campaign's success as well.

All in all, the campaign is making a mark, and Imran is doing many big jalsas every day, when sharifs are failing to fill small grounds with people.

Imran has changed the mood of nation, like only Imran can. A true son of Pakistan

Totally agree, i think it's a great success already. I have heard many people saying "Imran acha tou buhat hai laikin usne konsa jeetna hai tou vote zaaya hojayega usay de k". These are the sort of people who will change their mind after witnessing this sort of campaign so that should be the attitude (Imran had this attitude even 2 years ago).

Zechariah
29th April 2013, 05:29
Imran has been going to rural punjab areas and is getting 1000s of people. Things are changing and changing fast.

waqar_ahmad
29th April 2013, 05:30
Totally agree, i think it's a great success already. I have heard many people saying "Imran acha tou buhat hai laikin usne konsa jeetna hai tou vote zaaya hojayega usay de k". These are the sort of people who will change their mind after witnessing this sort of campaign so that should be the attitude (Imran had this attitude even 2 years ago).

Very true.

Also, the people who say that are mostly uncles. You will rarely hear a youngsta beauty say stuff like that.

I recently told a pakistan uncle straight to his face, that they have done nothing but complain, and that's exactly what he is doing now, by complaining, and not doing anythign about it. But we will bring change. He wasnt happy, I dont care. It's true.

insaftak
29th April 2013, 05:33
Chak Baili is hometown of Chori Nisar... Lets see what kind of a crowd they pick up there... It's not even a town... He is probably going there to troll Chori Nisar :P

Expecting a massive crowd in attock!

insaftak
29th April 2013, 05:38
^^

Scratch that... Chori Nisar is from chakri.... Aik number ka chakri banda hai :)

saadibaba
29th April 2013, 06:41

For people in those areas, thana-kachery is important, biradri counts and caste plays a role. That's the makeup of those areas. If I was living in that area under those circumstances, I would have been thinking the same way. These tall claims of thinking of the country first and voting for "clean" people becomes a joke when you live in a rural poverty ridden area, where you don't have clean water, electricity, gas, schools etc. When the only thing that matters is knowing someone at the top will listen to you if you get in trouble or need help and will hopefully try to get you those facilities. Whether that person is the right person for the country or if his party's leaders have been abject failures in the past becomes a very distant thought. Plus, I don't think you are aware or maybe just don't want to know but some of the PPP and PML-N candidates in rural areas have done some work in their constituencies. They have brought gas, built roads, gotten them jobs, given them money through BISP etc. It's not all loot and plunder. So when I say rural areas votes based on biradri etc. it doesn't make them any less intelligent or aware, in fact it shows their pragmatism and practicality. They do what they think is best for them, simple as that. Unlike city folks who have the luxury to think about ideologies, past governance records, personal likings etc. rural folks vote based on immediate and urgent needs. That to me makes them even moe intelligent than city folks when it comes to voting.

Bilbo
29th April 2013, 07:22
Tweet from Hanif Abbasi fuming at Shoaib Akhtar :) ROFL!!!32679

saadibaba
29th April 2013, 07:27
Spot on!! Sadibaba has been asking all overseas Pakistanis to stop even commenting on Pakistani politics as we aren't even allowed to tell people what's wrong in their thinking and at the same time lists dozens of things that are wrong in our system.

Is it a co incidence that people who oppose PTI are the only ones here who don't even want overseas Pakistanis to comment on Pakistani politics? :)

Anyway, we have to move on and concentrate on things that really matter.

Oh bhai, comment to your hearts content just stop being so judgemental and superior to everyone else. And BTW, I will vote for PTI (if overseas Paks are allowed to vote). I was pointing out the futility of posting photoshop pics and cartoons etc. in this thread and making it seem as if social media, talk shows, speeches etc. will be the thing which will determine this election. And yes, please move on to something more constructive..... :afridi

saadibaba
29th April 2013, 07:29

Chalo bhai ab aap ye tu nahi ke sakte ke media aap ke saath nahi hai ya media bika huwa hai etc. ;-)

Anfield
29th April 2013, 07:29
That's a fake account but some funny tweets there.

waqar_ahmad
29th April 2013, 07:32
Chalo bhai ab aap ye tu nahi ke sakte ke media aap ke saath nahi hai ya media bika huwa hai etc. ;-)

Talat Hussain, klasra, haroon resheed, these guys were not sold out anyway. The people who are sold out are still acting the same way. Doesnt change anything.

justarslan
29th April 2013, 07:44
where can i find this? wanna share it on facebook :D
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYmceIf8Mpw

saadibaba
29th April 2013, 08:16
Talat Hussain, klasra, haroon resheed, these guys were not sold out anyway. The people who are sold out are still acting the same way. Doesnt change anything.

Lol, no cure for victim mentality. Even if all the journalists, anchors and analysts in Pak will be singing to the PTI tune, you will still find some obscure little media person somewhere who is critical of PTI and hence on someone's payroll.

Btw, Klasra is a big time lifafa journo so I would be careful to take anything he says for granted.

waqar_ahmad
29th April 2013, 08:23
^ Who is acting like a victim? Anchors have been bought. It's a fact, learn to accept these things. Not saying its going to have a major impact on the elections, but it is a fact nevertheless. if you think the likes of mushtaq minhas, Qasmi, etc etc are honest, then ok

saadibaba
29th April 2013, 08:27
^^

Enough journos are supporting PTI so don't get your BP too high, all will be good. :)

waqar_ahmad
29th April 2013, 08:32
^ Yaar, journalists who are supporting PTI are not on PTI's payroll. That's the difference.

I'm not getting my BP up, just pointing a fact that PMLN and PPP have media people on their payroll

Waseem
29th April 2013, 09:17
PPP willing to offer PM slot to Imran: Wattoo

OKARA: While Imran Khan is drawing huge crowds on his campaign trail, a senior leader of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) predicts that his party and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) could form the next coalition government at the centre. He also foresees the PPP and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz as coalition partners in Punjab.
“The PPP could also offer Imran Khan the office of prime minister in the coalition government,” Mian Manzoor Ahmed Wattoo, the president of PPP’s central Punjab chapter, told The Express Tribune in a candid interview on Sunday in Okara where he was on a campaign trail. Wattoo is contesting the May 11 elections from three constituencies: NA-147, NA-148 and PP-188.
“If Imran Khan plays his cards carefully, his party can bag more seats than PML-N in the centre,” he said. Manzoor Wattoo, whose party successfully completed its five-year constitutional term in office, predicted a ‘hung Parliament’ as a result of the upcoming election. He believes no political party could win a simple majority, either in the centre or in the provinces.

“If the PPP outvotes its rivals [in the centre], we’ll invite the PTI to form a coalition government,” he added. “If the PPP can join hands with the ANP, JUI-F and MQM, it can also form a coalition with Imran Khan,” he said referring to the last coalition government that his party led for five years. He added that President Asif Ali Zardari believed in political reconciliation.
Asked about PPP’s strategy for Punjab, Wattoo said even if his party retained the seats it had won in the 2008 elections, it would be better placed to form a coalition government in the province. “We can join hands with PML-N if the party wins enough seats in Punjab,” he added.
Wattoo claimed that after the 2008 elections, too, the PPP could easily form a coalition government with the help of 40 independent legislators in Punjab. But President Zardari invited the PML-N to form the government because he wanted to give the Sharif brothers a chance to revive their party in the province.
However, he was noncommittal when asked if his party would offer the chief minister slot to the PML-N in a coalition government. “I’m also contesting for a provincial assembly seat [PP-188]. And this is not without a reason,” he said, dropping a broad hint that he could be the party’s choice for the office, if voted to power in the province. Wattoo served as the chief minister of Punjab three times between 1993 and 1996, though he couldn’t complete his term on all three occasions.
Asked why the PPP was not considering the PTI for a coalition government in Punjab, Wattoo said that Imran’s party was focusing more on winning National Assembly seats.
Wattoo is upbeat about the electoral victory of his party – and he has reasons for this optimism. “Whenever three popular parties are in the race, the PPP gets the benefit,” he said, adding that PPP’s ideological voters would never vote for any other party.
Criticizing Nawaz Sharif for his ‘obduracy’ and ‘political intolerance’, Wattoo said that in politics one has to be flexible and accommodating. “PPP’s successful election strategy has put the PML-N on the back foot. This is why today the entire Sharif family is out in the field, campaigning for their candidates,” he said.
While its rivals – especially the PML-N and PTI – are staging huge public rallies across the country, the PPP is relying on the media for its election campaign. But Wattoo defended his party’s strategy, saying that they were focusing on technology for conveying their message to voters.
“We are relying on the media, including social media, because it’s a fast, quick and efficient way to communication. Even in the United States, the media is used for election campaigns,” he said. He added that PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari would soon address public meetings via video link.
Published in The Express Tribune, April 29th, 2013.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/541943/ppp-willing-to-offer-pm-slot-to-imran-wattoo/

Looney
29th April 2013, 10:37
family politics kya hota hai janab?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/923401_587754557912547_1492094173_n.jpg

been there done that :altaf

arsalan660
29th April 2013, 10:39
Yes, you meant this, no wait, you meant that, no wait.......

Good job of trying to derail the thread. Let me put it back on track now

I think this is Election thread and not PTI support thread where if you are not giving supporting comments about PTI, thread is derailed.

Joke of the year :yk

If some journalists support PTI, they are great and if said anything against PTI, they are on payroll :facepalm:

Waseem
29th April 2013, 11:13
I think this is Election thread and not PTI support thread where if you are not giving supporting comments about PTI, thread is derailed.

Joke of the year :yk

If some journalists support PTI, they are great and if said anything against PTI, they are on payroll :facepalm:

The whole point of this thread is to discuss elections and not PTI chances (there were other threads), thread was being derailed by discussing whether overseas Pakistanis should be calling spade a spade or keep quiet about elections that will have huge impact on country's future.

As for journalists, can you please answer simple questions (just your opinion):

Do you think most journalists in Pakistan are honest? (Impossible as they are part of society).

Also:
Do you believe Nawaz Sharif and Zardari do not provide any favours to journalists, channels, print media?

Also, do you believe Imran is sort of person who bribes journalists to get favourable opinion?

saadibaba
29th April 2013, 11:22
PPP willing to offer PM slot to Imran: Wattoo

OKARA: While Imran Khan is drawing huge crowds on his campaign trail, a senior leader of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) predicts that his party and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) could form the next coalition government at the centre. He also foresees the PPP and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz as coalition partners in Punjab.
“The PPP could also offer Imran Khan the office of prime minister in the coalition government,” Mian Manzoor Ahmed Wattoo, the president of PPP’s central Punjab chapter, told The Express Tribune in a candid interview on Sunday in Okara where he was on a campaign trail. Wattoo is contesting the May 11 elections from three constituencies: NA-147, NA-148 and PP-188.
“If Imran Khan plays his cards carefully, his party can bag more seats than PML-N in the centre,” he said. Manzoor Wattoo, whose party successfully completed its five-year constitutional term in office, predicted a ‘hung Parliament’ as a result of the upcoming election. He believes no political party could win a simple majority, either in the centre or in the provinces.

“If the PPP outvotes its rivals [in the centre], we’ll invite the PTI to form a coalition government,” he added. “If the PPP can join hands with the ANP, JUI-F and MQM, it can also form a coalition with Imran Khan,” he said referring to the last coalition government that his party led for five years. He added that President Asif Ali Zardari believed in political reconciliation.
Asked about PPP’s strategy for Punjab, Wattoo said even if his party retained the seats it had won in the 2008 elections, it would be better placed to form a coalition government in the province. “We can join hands with PML-N if the party wins enough seats in Punjab,” he added.
Wattoo claimed that after the 2008 elections, too, the PPP could easily form a coalition government with the help of 40 independent legislators in Punjab. But President Zardari invited the PML-N to form the government because he wanted to give the Sharif brothers a chance to revive their party in the province.
However, he was noncommittal when asked if his party would offer the chief minister slot to the PML-N in a coalition government. “I’m also contesting for a provincial assembly seat [PP-188]. And this is not without a reason,” he said, dropping a broad hint that he could be the party’s choice for the office, if voted to power in the province. Wattoo served as the chief minister of Punjab three times between 1993 and 1996, though he couldn’t complete his term on all three occasions.
Asked why the PPP was not considering the PTI for a coalition government in Punjab, Wattoo said that Imran’s party was focusing more on winning National Assembly seats.
Wattoo is upbeat about the electoral victory of his party – and he has reasons for this optimism. “Whenever three popular parties are in the race, the PPP gets the benefit,” he said, adding that PPP’s ideological voters would never vote for any other party.
Criticizing Nawaz Sharif for his ‘obduracy’ and ‘political intolerance’, Wattoo said that in politics one has to be flexible and accommodating. “PPP’s successful election strategy has put the PML-N on the back foot. This is why today the entire Sharif family is out in the field, campaigning for their candidates,” he said.
While its rivals – especially the PML-N and PTI – are staging huge public rallies across the country, the PPP is relying on the media for its election campaign. But Wattoo defended his party’s strategy, saying that they were focusing on technology for conveying their message to voters.
“We are relying on the media, including social media, because it’s a fast, quick and efficient way to communication. Even in the United States, the media is used for election campaigns,” he said. He added that PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari would soon address public meetings via video link.
Published in The Express Tribune, April 29th, 2013.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/541943/ppp-willing-to-offer-pm-slot-to-imran-wattoo/

Wattoo is a purana papi. He is a Machiavellian politician who knows the down and dirty of politics in Punjab. No surprise he was made PPP Punjab head honcho over other loyalists. PPP is seeing some real chances here to steal a few victories thanks to the contest between PML-N and PTI. One other observation was how he was willing to make alliance with PML-N in the province but not in the center and with PTI in the center and not in the province. Just mind boggling. The thing which he preferred not to mention was how in most of these rural constituencies it does not matter much which party the candidate belongs to. It's all about his personal connections, biradri, dharra etc. The most important thing is to get the dominant biradri support and you are home free. I also disagree with him about PTI's Punjab provincial assembly tactics. PTI is likely to do even better in PP than NA seats because of having smaller more homogenous constituencies.

0tt0man
29th April 2013, 11:32
I so wish I was in Taxila today. I always seem to be missing IK's jalsa's :(

Waseem
29th April 2013, 11:53
Just watched Imran's speech in Sargodha, brilliant speech. He raised some very valid points alongwith usual much needed attacks.
First time i saw Imran almost dancing on Abrar's bhangra song, great to see him enjoying :)

He gave example of Shaukat Khanum administration and i think he should be doing this in ever single jalsa. This was one of the best achievements in Pakistan's history (in my opinion) and i think Imran avoided mentioning SKMCH due to criticism that he is politicizing his social work. If others can brag about projects where 100% tax money and minimal time dedication was required then why should Imran not talk about hospital that required more than a decade of Imran's time dedication, personal sacrifices?

AZ
29th April 2013, 12:15
Umm.

You send money to your relative -> he along with many other people buy rice from a local shop -> more rice is purchased from a local plantation by the shop owner-> End result farmer plants more rice hence GDP Increases!.

Its just one example. There are millions of ways how foreign remittances benefit the Pakistani economy.

please read carefully and understand the point I am making.

If you are telling me the primary thought you have in mind is 'I want to boost the economy and help the farmers'...that is ********.

Pakistan does not 'owe' you anything nor are you special for doing what you are.

Zarrar
29th April 2013, 12:16
been there done that :altaf

Oh the irony...life time Quaid-e-threek...and the blood of Azeem Tariq and Imran Farooq belies the assertion...

AZ
29th April 2013, 12:17

then unfortunately you took the wrong approach, your vote means more than your money.

Bashira_taeli
29th April 2013, 12:34
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/3577_508045519255904_952780762_n.jpg

UP
29th April 2013, 12:43
Hopefully, the PTI will be given majority. Pakistan badly needs a stable corrupt free government. And only one party can provide that. Best of luck PTI.

shehzi
29th April 2013, 12:47
Tweet from Hanif Abbasi fuming at Shoaib Akhtar :) ROFL!!!32679

fake account

shehzi
29th April 2013, 14:00
polling station FINDER

http://www.whereismyballot.com/index.php

raamu kaka
29th April 2013, 14:48

assalamo alikum sir!! paey laagon :/

since hashmi is contesting independent, he would surely have got an election symbol as naswar wig got, would u mind sharing it here?

He had submitted his papers from 2 constituencies but withdrew in favor of those who got tickets, on the very last day.

the Great Khan
29th April 2013, 15:50

with all due respect "mr know it all" if you vote for your Quaid who is also incidently an Overseas Pakistani, then you dont have any leg to stand on. Also those voting for Nawaz ganja and crew , they have also spent time being overseas paksitanis, so much so that their children have also spent plenty of time being oversea's pakistanis. I mean most of their wealth is overseas. At least expats send money back to help, unlike your leaders who are either officially british citizens or have the bulk of their wealth abroad.

so mr saadibaba "know it all sub say ziyada saadi ko patta hay"instead of simply criticising, how about posting some support for the party youre going to vote for, oh wait but arent you an expat too?

Strangely i agree with AZ, you must at least have a passport to vote its only fair.

As for helping the economy well I employ over 5-6 people in pakistan and pay their wages, and have also funded charities as well as building a masjid all from hard earned expat cash. And this is only the beginning Inshallah. Not bragging as its my duty but I think some of you are just being a little bigoted here.

as for the expats, yes I think some of you do need to chill out a bit, not all of you know what the ground realities are and we should not judge our brothers and sisters on the ground in Pakistan!

Mystrey
29th April 2013, 17:01
with all due respect "mr know it all" if you vote for your Quaid who is also incidently an Overseas Pakistani, then you dont have any leg to stand on. Also those voting for Nawaz ganja and crew , they have also spent time being overseas paksitanis, so much so that their children have also spent plenty of time being oversea's pakistanis. I mean most of their wealth is overseas. At least expats send money back to help, unlike your leaders who are either officially british citizens or have the bulk of their wealth abroad.

So true lol.

baalti
29th April 2013, 17:22
11 days till elections... getting super excited :)

AZ
29th April 2013, 17:38
@insaftak

can you tell me more about Sajid Sardar Joya, he is the PTI candidate for Punjab Assembly in my constituency (PP-154)

baalti
29th April 2013, 17:50
Chakwal jalsa video from today...

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10152764034500304" width="720" height="450" frameborder="0"></iframe>

baalti
29th April 2013, 17:53
New Murree speech

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=292133234254923" width="720" height="450" frameborder="0"></iframe>

baalti
29th April 2013, 17:57
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151579529280202" width="720" height="450" frameborder="0"></iframe>

baalti
29th April 2013, 18:04
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=291985040936409" width="720" height="450" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe class="restrain" title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KjDLE1UxH5g?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0"></iframe>

baalti
29th April 2013, 18:09
IK had a sip of tongue in chakwal jalsa and said "sher peh thappa lagao"... watch out for all the noora trolls jumping around...

baalti
29th April 2013, 18:11
owned...

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10200919336731603" width="720" height="450" frameborder="0"></iframe>

saadibaba
29th April 2013, 18:33

so mr saadibaba "know it all sub say ziyada saadi ko patta hay"instead of simply criticising, how about posting some support for the party youre going to vote for, oh wait but arent you an expat too?

Strangely i agree with AZ, you must at least have a passport to vote its only fair.

As for helping the economy well I employ over 5-6 people in pakistan and pay their wages, and have also funded charities as well as building a masjid all from hard earned expat cash. And this is only the beginning Inshallah. Not bragging as its my duty but I think some of you are just being a little bigoted here.

as for the expats, yes I think some of you do need to chill out a bit, not all of you know what the ground realities are and we should not judge our brothers and sisters on the ground in Pakistan!

Chill out...first try to read all my posts before jumping to conclusions about who I'm voting for and what I've been saying about expats and please take your strawman arguments some where else ;-)

the Great Khan
29th April 2013, 19:20
Chill out...first try to read all my posts before jumping to conclusions about who I'm voting for and what I've been saying about expats and please take your strawman arguments some where else ;-)

I read them dont worry..and if youre voting for PTI well suffice it to say i dont believe a word of that..but to each his own..

Tell me have you ever lived in a dihaat? Some of us have by the way..during election time....im sorry if our brethren in the dihaat continue to vote with a short term outlook then they must be prepared to face accusations that they are being stupid..now how about you take your crappy half empty attitude someplace else..

HamzaSaeen
29th April 2013, 19:54

Who said that? Obv people in Pakistan are better informed about their ground realities and problems more than us.

saadibaba
29th April 2013, 19:56
I read them dont worry..and if youre voting for PTI well suffice it to say i dont believe a word of that..but to each his own..

Tell me have you ever lived in a dihaat? Some of us have by the way..during election time....im sorry if our brethren in the dihaat continue to vote with a short term outlook then they must be prepared to face accusations that they are being stupid..now how about you take your crappy half empty attitude someplace else..

:))

Can't do anything for a paranoid minset. You have some anger issues dude, I advice you seek some therapy for it as obviously ranting on PP is not helping.

the Great Khan
29th April 2013, 20:04

Can't do anything for a paranoid minset. You have some anger issues dude, I advice you seek some therapy for it as obviously ranting on PP is not helping.

yup i need anger management therapy simply because I have to endure the pain of reading your lovely afsanay! thanks for the advice.

HamzaSaeen
29th April 2013, 20:19
are you mental!!!! your remittances do not heavily fuel your country's economy. The reason remittances were seen significant was due to pre BCCI bankruptcy, where Aga Hasan Abdi helped in managing the country current account deficit through remittances and no other country was able to do that, just through remittances.

So why did they leave pakistan, then? Because they put their priorities first and no they arent anywhere near the same as a pakistani living in Pakistan. Because they dont experience or go through the daily hurdles like an average pakistani would. that lot bailed out, simply put!

and this is exactly the reason, that I feel it is unfair on pakistanis living in pakistan, that some self righteous a**es like yourself get an opportunity to come to the UK & US, gets western education and think of themselves as the most learned wise knowledgeable than the rest of pakistanis.

Please check the worth of remittances, the worth of the Pakistani economy- and then check if our economy would be good enough without it. I don't think so, it's already in turmoil with billions of dollars worth remittances.
Going by your logic, if some Pakistani who is currently unemployed in Pakistan, goes abroad to find employment, doesn't love his country. Total **. We all have to earn $$$, some of us have to move abroad to do it.
Oh and Please, I am in the middle east, and I just moved here a few years ago.I have seen the daily hurdles and problems the common man faces, in Pakistan. It is an indisputable truth that the average overseas Pakistani is much more well-educated than the average Pakistani living in Pakistan is. Nobody is saying they are more knowledgeable or wise than the average Pakistani in Pakistan. They are certainly more well educated, indisputable fact.

AZ
29th April 2013, 20:24
'average overseas Pakistani' is not very well educated and of the working labour class, please stop making stuff up as you go along.

baalti
29th April 2013, 20:45
i dont know why you guys are entertaining the trolls...

Noora is claiming to bring tabdeeli for youth by giving them loans... and the dumb folks cheer out... really... loans... really... really...

PTI
29th April 2013, 21:00
Nawaz Love for Zardari

http://e.dunya.com.pk/news/2013/April/2013-04-29/LHR/detail_img/320157_58156167.jpg

justarslan
29th April 2013, 21:00
i dont know why you guys are entertaining the trolls...

Noora is claiming to bring tabdeeli for youth by giving them loans... and the dumb folks cheer out... really... loans... really... really...

He will make them loan default like himself as well and ruin their future.

karachiite
29th April 2013, 21:04
2 pronged attack from N now. Shahbaz and Nawaz doing jalsas simultaneously. They seem a lot bigger than PTIs too!

baalti
29th April 2013, 21:16
2 pronged attack from N now. Shahbaz and Nawaz doing jalsas simultaneously. They seem a lot bigger than PTIs too!

patwari jalsa's... ppl being brought in to fill up... should have seen their earlier jalsa's where they even cancelled some due to the turn out to save face.... abh busain aur truks fill kar ke laa rahay hain...

PTI doesnt force or bring in ppl... they come by themselves...

yes their okara jalsa was big today... but it was pretty dead... compared to the smallest one that PTI has held...

N is definitely pulling their socks up and trying to match up with IK...

baalti
29th April 2013, 21:18
imran should attak their dumb loan scheme... what utter stupidity... how on earth do ppl buy these dumb rsed schemes... baffles me...

PTI
29th April 2013, 21:19
PTI New TVC..An Emotional Ad...

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=485636671502121" width="720" height="576" frameborder="0"></iframe>

karachiite
29th April 2013, 21:22
patwari jalsa's... ppl being brought in to fill up... should have seen their earlier jalsa's where they even cancelled some due to the turn out to save face.... abh busain aur truks fill kar ke laa rahay hain...

PTI doesnt force or bring in ppl... they come by themselves...

yes their okara jalsa was big today... but it was pretty dead... compared to the smallest one that PTI has held...

N is definitely pulling their socks up and trying to match up with IK...

Hope that they don't bring in people to vote in a similar manner on the 11th. Heard bits of Shahbaz's interview with Sethi's "chota" (muneeb?). Came across quite well. For the sake of Pakistan I hope that they will be an improvement on PPP.

PTI
29th April 2013, 21:31
Taxila Jalsa

https://yfrog.com/mn3qsjfj:iphone

baalti
29th April 2013, 21:31
Hope that they don't bring in people to vote in a similar manner on the 11th. Heard bits of Shahbaz's interview with Sethi's "chota" (muneeb?). Came across quite well. For the sake of Pakistan I hope that they will be an improvement on PPP.

thats all they are good for though, coming across good on interviews... jab kar dikhanay ki baari hoti hai, toh minar-e-Pakistan mein baith ke pankha hila rahay hotay hain (even though they have the authority and power to generate electricity) ya zardari ki pinky mein pinky daal ke walk talk pyar pyar bhai bahi kar rahay hotay hain... :manzoor

dar is baat ka hai keh... hamari sowi howi awam samjhay gi keh inhoon ne bohat kuch karna hai (read good governance, but will be corruption) but they will be forced to do more good this time as they wont have friendly opposition in PPP but a stern opposition in PTI... sirf PTI ki waja sey yeh log thora bohat track pe rahain gey... lekin awam samjhay gi yeh sudhar gaye hain... but dil kehta hai keh IK power mein aye ga... inshallah...

baalti
29th April 2013, 21:33
IK ka brain **** moment... from chakwal... lolz

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="365" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xzfm5x"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzfm5x_yyy-yyy-yy-yyyy-yy-yyyyy-yyy_news" target="_blank">ووٹ شیر کو دینا ہے: عمران خان</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/RohailAsghari" target="_blank">RohailAsghari</a></i>

insaftak
29th April 2013, 21:34
LOL.... This is hilarious.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIjjWOLCMAEBssg.jpg

HamzaSaeen
29th April 2013, 21:34

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=485636671502121" width="720" height="576" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Amazing! Hope to see this on TV sets soon!

arsalan660
29th April 2013, 21:45
The whole point of this thread is to discuss elections and not PTI chances (there were other threads), thread was being derailed by discussing whether overseas Pakistanis should be calling spade a spade or keep quiet about elections that will have huge impact on country's future.

As for journalists, can you please answer simple questions (just your opinion):

Do you think most journalists in Pakistan are honest? (Impossible as they are part of society).

Also:
Do you believe Nawaz Sharif and Zardari do not provide any favours to journalists, channels, print media?

Also, do you believe Imran is sort of person who bribes journalists to get favourable opinion?

Ok I believe IK is not that type of person but I dont believe his party as a whole on it.

Surely from your above comments its clear you didn't know how Pakistani Media works.

Every party give money to Media anchors and channels otherwise they get no coverage and media hype.

Nawaz Love for Zardari

http://e.dunya.com.pk/news/2013/April/2013-04-29/LHR/detail_img/320157_58156167.jpg

This is as per ECP instructions. :)

assalamo alikum sir!! paey laagon :/

since hashmi is contesting independent, he would surely have got an election symbol as naswar wig got, would u mind sharing it here?

He had submitted his papers from 2 constituencies but withdrew in favor of those who got tickets, on the very last day.

Wrong information sir.

one is NA-122 Lahore (same constituency where Imran Khan is contesting) and symbol is Tooth Brush

other NA-126 (where I am going to cat my vote) and here symbol is Iron.

waqar_ahmad
29th April 2013, 21:56

Very good ad. And sad at the same time :(

PTI
29th April 2013, 22:01
Big Wicket Fallen down in Talagang. Sardar Shehzad Tamman left N leage and joined PTI. He is sitting left side of IK.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJCDfHvCQAAQpyq.jpg

PTI
29th April 2013, 22:04
Attaulaah Khan Eisa Khelvi Performed live at Chakwal Jalsa

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJCFgV8CAAEOBuu.jpg

insaftak
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/309951_636073016408412_736722153_n.jpg

waqar_ahmad
@PTI

I havent heard of him before. Is he a political heavyweight? And if so, I hope he realizes that he wont get a PTI ticket

The Dark Corner
29th April 2013, 22:05
Holy... Saadibaba, for God's sake stop your 360 degree arguing. You are making no sense. First you say people in rural areas have a short outlook, then you say they are more intelligent for supporting people who buy their votes by doing a few things here and there.

The fact that people are forced to vote in such a way is exactly why we need as many educated, well informed people to vote as possible. And if you are so hell bent on the fact that the expats are acting superior, well the fact that PTI is gaining momentum in so many areas means that even people living in Pakistan want a change. IK is able to draw large crowds from ALL walks of life because people support change. Stop arguing where there is no argument. :/ It's like banging my head against the wall; reading your posts.

If there is so much support for a new movement, and the expats are fired up along with the people living in Pakistan, then by all means a show of support is nothing wrong. Avoid the pictures if you want, these people have a right to express their opinions.

I live in Pakistan, and I've been to rural areas and these members of the PPP/PML-N who 'work' for their areas? More often than not it's just to garner a bit of support. Enough people complain of being made promises and then being abandoned. Open your eyes and stop inhaling the substance friend.

Sigh, I suppose I have anger issues and am paranoid too...

Anyway, back to the thread.

saadibaba
29th April 2013, 22:25
^^^

Chill my friend. Can't a person not express himself without everyone jumping on his back. I've already answered the questions you've raised in your post. Like others, you have taken my initial argument and expanded it into other topics. But anyhow, you have the right to disagree with my opinion and that is just what it is, an opinion. Try to avoid reading my posts if it causes you such mental torture, certainly don't wanna see you and others like you having a nervous breakdown, lol.

Badsha
29th April 2013, 22:25
Imran Khans confidence is AMAZING. I am really starting to believe we're going to win a majority.

PTI
29th April 2013, 22:57
Sasti Roti Scandal Exposed

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJCK7ThCIAIcoq2.jpg

PTI
29th April 2013, 22:58
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJCRqv1CEAIBpha.jpg

PTI
29th April 2013, 23:01
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/923433_10151393142705848_1021095846_n.jpg

Runner Up
29th April 2013, 23:02
Imran Khans confidence is AMAZING. I am really starting to believe we're going to win a majority.

He said it in the public gathering today. Sher pe Thappa Lagana 11 May Ko :yk

Someone then told him Sir Sher Nahi Balla :))

PTI
29th April 2013, 23:07
PTI candidate Khan Sher Afridi (NA-45 Khyber Agency I) leads huge rally & Jalsa in Landi Kotal on 28 April 2013.

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=343128275809497" width="320" height="240" frameborder="0"></iframe>

PTI
29th April 2013, 23:09
http://insaf.pk/Portals/0/1_Pic%203.jpg
http://insaf.pk/Portals/0/UserUploads/Yasir%20Qadeer/candle%20light%20walk.gif

PTI
29th April 2013, 23:10
Good Governance: Rs 25bn loans taken for 'Sasti Roti' scheme but #Punjab govt. had no money to pay back: AG's report

insaftak
29th April 2013, 23:13
He said it in the public gathering today. Sher pe Thappa Lagana 11 May Ko :yk

Someone then told him Sir Sher Nahi Balla :))

LOL :)))

six Jalsas a day + interviews are finally catching up to him :) He needs to get some sleep.

PTI
29th April 2013, 23:26
On Pakistan's campaign trail with Imran Khan : By Orla Guerin -BBC

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22339855

The Dark Corner
30th April 2013, 00:00
^^^

Chill my friend. Can't a person not express himself without everyone jumping on his back. I've already answered the questions you've raised in your post. Like others, you have taken my initial argument and expanded it into other topics. But anyhow, you have the right to disagree with my opinion and that is just what it is, an opinion. Try to avoid reading my posts if it causes you such mental torture, certainly don't wanna see you and others like you having a nervous breakdown, lol.

Quite chill sir jee.
Merely countering your opinion with my own. It happens on a forum. :O

P.S: Lived in Karachi for 20 years. I'm immune to nervous breakdowns.

Badsha
30th April 2013, 00:02
I'm hungry.

baalti
30th April 2013, 00:05
imran khan clarified hasan nisar's anger towards him... hinted at not handing out tickets himself...

<iframe width="600" height="350" src="http://tune.pk/player/embed_player.php?vid=72672&folder=2013/04/29/&width=600&height=350&autoplay=no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen scrolling="no"></iframe></p>

waqar_ahmad
30th April 2013, 00:11
^ I saw this show. Imran's confidence is amazing. He makes you believe that he will sweep without any problems.

Imran literally sledged nooras, saying "Now that I have noon league on the mat, mujhay in pe tars aa raha hai" :))

Imran mentally disintegrating PMLN

kamz
30th April 2013, 00:13
Please check the worth of remittances, the worth of the Pakistani economy- and then check if our economy would be good enough without it. I don't think so, it's already in turmoil with billions of dollars worth remittances.
Going by your logic, if some Pakistani who is currently unemployed in Pakistan, goes abroad to find employment, doesn't love his country. Total **. We all have to earn $$$, some of us have to move abroad to do it.
Oh and Please, I am in the middle east, and I just moved here a few years ago.I have seen the daily hurdles and problems the common man faces, in Pakistan. It is an indisputable truth that the average overseas Pakistani is much more well-educated than the average Pakistani living in Pakistan is. Nobody is saying they are more knowledgeable or wise than the average Pakistani in Pakistan. They are certainly more well educated, indisputable fact.

so where did u have your education then? given you just said that you moved few years ago from Pakistan? I am curious

aur yeh bharam internet pe hi hotay hain tumhare hamza, ya office mein bhi you carry on this posh public school boy t**t attitude?

UsmanhailsAfridi
30th April 2013, 00:16
^ I saw this show. Imran's confidence is amazing. He makes you believe that he will sweep without any problems.

Imran literally sledged nooras, saying "Now that I have noon league on the mat, mujhay in pe tars aa raha hai" :))

i have to say the campaign he is running is astonishing....sweep on 11th may for sure now inshAllah

Runner Up
30th April 2013, 00:25
<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=546952391994233" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Badsha
30th April 2013, 00:34
Guys, I'm thinking of not casting my vote. People are telling me there will be a lot of bloodshed on election day :/

Runner Up
30th April 2013, 00:38
Guys, I'm thinking of not casting my vote. People are telling me there will be a lot of bloodshed on election day :/
If you are in Punjab then you are safe to cast your vote otherwise not.

Badsha
30th April 2013, 00:41
If you are in Punjab then you are safe to cast your vote otherwise not.

For my vote, I'll be going to KPK: Noweshera.

Runner Up
30th April 2013, 00:50
Better stay at home.

0tt0man
30th April 2013, 00:54
There was supposed to be a lot of bloodshed last time but nothing happened.
Have faith in Allah. That's all I can advise.

Badsha
30th April 2013, 00:55
There was supposed to be a lot of bloodshed last time but nothing happened.
Have faith in Allah. That's all I can advise.

My family keeps telling me not to go, but I keep telling them it's okay.

I'll have to make a decision soon enough.

saadibaba
30th April 2013, 01:02
Quite chill sir jee.
Merely countering your opinion with my own. It happens on a forum. :O

P.S: Lived in Karachi for 20 years. I'm immune to nervous breakdowns.

Lol, I've lived in Karachi longer than you. Unless you're living in certain areas, its hard to claim any immunity to emotions.

saadibaba
30th April 2013, 01:08

IK is brutal when it comes to playing psychological games with his opponents. Remember that black tiger T shirt he wore to the finals of the WC.

saadibaba
30th April 2013, 01:13
A bit premature to ask but in case PTI wins a majority in Punjab assembly or manages to get into power through coalition, who will be the candidate for CM from PTI ?

waqar_ahmad
30th April 2013, 01:15
IK is brutal when it comes to playing psychological games with his opponents. Remember that black tiger T shirt he wore to the finals of the WC.

How can I forget. Have you heard the story of why he wore that? It was deliberate. He wanted the interviewer at the toss to ask about it, and that's exactly what happened. And rest as they say, is history.

I saw Imran's interview with inzi and rameez, where he explained his mind games, and then rameez and inzi would explain what went on in the pak dressing room as a result of those mind games.

It was truly amazing to understand how Imran thinks. You should watch it

saadibaba
30th April 2013, 01:16
My family keeps telling me not to go, but I keep telling them it's okay.

I'll have to make a decision soon enough.

Whatever you decide just make sure to keep safety as your highest priority.

Runner Up
30th April 2013, 01:20
A bit premature to ask but in case PTI wins a majority in Punjab assembly or manages to get into power through coalition, who will be the candidate for CM from PTI ?
Thook walay baba. SMQ

saadibaba
30th April 2013, 01:20
How can I forget. Have you heard the story of why he wore that? It was deliberate. He wanted the interviewer at the toss to ask about it, and that's exactly what happened. And rest as they say, is history.

I saw Imran's interview with inzi and rameez, where he explained his mind games, and then rameez and inzi would explain what went on in the pak dressing room as a result of those mind games.

It was truly amazing to understand how Imran thinks. You should watch it

Yes, that's what I was referring to. Remember how he used Qadir in England. He created this whole myth about him as unplayable before he even bowled a single ball, English players were crapping in their pants thinking about facing Qadir. Lol.

saadibaba
30th April 2013, 01:21
Thook walay baba. SMQ

Is SMQ running on a PP seat from Punjab ?

taq12345
30th April 2013, 01:33
Taxila

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJC04Y9CYAEd_Z2.jpg:large

Runner Up
30th April 2013, 01:36
Is SMQ running on a PP seat from Punjab ?
Don't know but he can contest later if they want to make him CM. I don't know who else can run Punjab better than him.

waqar_ahmad
30th April 2013, 01:39
Yes, that's what I was referring to. Remember how he used Qadir in England. He created this whole myth about him as unplayable before he even bowled a single ball, English players were crapping in their pants thinking about facing Qadir. Lol.

:)) completely forgot about that. That was a brilliant strategy indeed.

He is playing mind games with PMLN as well. It's quite clear now

waqar_ahmad
30th April 2013, 01:57
Anyone here from Taxila? I heard the jalsa there was amazing! Lots of junoon

0tt0man
30th April 2013, 02:04
Anyone here from Taxila? I heard the jalsa there was amazing! Lots of junoon
Reporting! I wasn't at the jalsa unfortunately as I'm in Lahore currently. The jalsa was spectacular and some of my friends attended it.
The response of the crowd was amazing! Made me proud :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/397935_10151447030934527_1394702619_n.jpg

insaftak
30th April 2013, 02:08
Imran Khan's got them where he wants them. Now deliver the knockout punch. The Tsunami March aka 13 Jalsas on GT road should deliver the knockout punch :)

kamz
30th April 2013, 02:13
:)) completely forgot about that. That was a brilliant strategy indeed.

He is playing mind games with PMLN as well. It's quite clear now

also shows he has a good analogical mind, where he can lift off an idea/strategy used in a different arena and use it somewhere else completely different, yet yielding similar results :)

toyota ceo, used the supermarket shelf strategy for his toyota car production is an example

0tt0man
30th April 2013, 02:20
From another angle. Shows the crowd that was hidden from the camera in the first one :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/308642_10151447292499527_1883602596_n.jpg

waqar_ahmad
30th April 2013, 02:23
Reporting! I wasn't at the jalsa unfortunately as I'm in Lahore currently. The jalsa was spectacular and some of my friends attended it.
The response of the crowd was amazing! Made me proud :)

]

0tt0! How can I forget the Wah Cantt Insafian :)

This is good to know. So I guess, Ch Nisar is going down from Taxila

insaftak
30th April 2013, 02:24
I think I am in love :P

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJCzIAtCcAAGnKE.jpg

0tt0man
30th April 2013, 02:42
0tt0! How can I forget the Wah Cantt Insafian :)

This is good to know. So I guess, Ch Nisar is going down from Taxila
Ch. Nisar has already gone down my friend :) I'm predicting him to suffer his heaviest defeat in years! Insh'Allah.
JI is expected to come second. ;-)

What you saw in todays Taxila/Wah jalsa were the upper/middle class educated youth. Who are getting quality education and most of the benefits which the common Pakistani lacks.
Yet, they are still willingly to do their part in bringing a positive change to the Pakistani society.

saadibaba
30th April 2013, 02:42
An article on Maryam Nawaz in Guardian.

Maryam Sharif feels the love as she canvasses for her father, who is likely to become Pakistan's PM for a third time

Jason Burke in Lahore
Saturday 27 April 2013

The Observer

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/28/pakistan-nawaz-sharif-daughter-maryam
----

The convoy slows. In front of the candidate's vehicle, men dance. Rose petals are hurled from the rooftops. Motorbikes swarm. "Look, look who is coming," supporters shout. A white tiger on top of a van yawns and stretches a paw. A small child and a 90-year-old party worker are hauled through the crowd to offer garlands.

"It's a beautiful feeling to be loved," says Maryam Sharif, leaning back in the seat of her luxury SUV three days into her first election campaign. "My shoulders hurt from waving six hours a day. I need to learn to wave wisely."

Sharif's constituency is in the heart of Lahore, the second biggest city of Pakistan. In two weeks, the nuclear power, so crucial to western strategy in the region and the fight against Islamist extremism worldwide, will hold a general election. It will be the first time in the 66 years since independence that one democratically elected civilian government will serve out its full term and be replaced by another.

Every day bombs kill three, four, a dozen. The last election, held in 2008, had been postponed after Benazir Bhutto, the two-time former prime minister, was assassinated by extremists at a rally. Despite continuing violence, authorities say these polls will be held on time.

Maryam Sharif is not actually standing herself. She is canvassing on behalf of the candidate in National Assembly Constituency 120. This is Nawaz Sharif, president of the Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz), or PML-N, and the man who polls predict is likely to become prime minister for the third time when the votes are finally counted. He was first elected from this constituency in 1985 at the start of his political career. Maryam is his daughter.

"I didn't know what to expect but the response is massive. Every household is showering us with petals, throwing garlands. It's so invigorating. I didn't know the love for Nawaz Sharif until I went into the field campaigning," she says.

In Lahore, capital of Punjab province, the Sharifs are on home turf. The family live on a sprawling estate south of the city. At elections in 2008 they swept the city itself and won control, too, of Punjab province, the richest and most influential part of Pakistan. Maryam's uncle, Shahbaz, was chief minister of Lahore until elections were called last month.

"It's in the genes but it's not a family affair," Maryam, 39, says quickly. Pakistan is not short of political dynasties. The most famous is the Bhuttos. Benazir's father, Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, founded the Pakistan People's party (PPP) and won power in the 1970s before being deposed and hanged by military dictator Zia ul-Haq. Her 24-year-old son Bilawal, a recent Oxford graduate, is joint chairman of the party. Bhutto's widower, Asif Ali Zardari, is president and the effective leader of the outgoing PPP government. The threat to Bilawal from extremists is so high he can barely campaign, addressing small crowds under heavy security.

Maryam, a mother of three, met Benazir Bhutto once, during the Sharifs' eight-year exile that followed the military coup that ended her own father's most recent spell as prime minister in 1999. Despite their ideological differences, the older woman left an "indelible impression", Maryam said.

The charismatic Benazir Bhutto, educated at Oxford and Harvard, instinctively pro-western, culturally Muslim rather than personally devout, enjoyed deep support in western capitals. But Nawaz Sharif has long inspired suspicion overseas and the 63-year-old business magnate's continued popularity has perplexed many.

But, analysts say, the very factors that jar with western diplomats are those that guarantee support among a large number of Pakistanis. Most recent polls say that Sharif's PML-N will win 41% of the votes in the forthcoming election. The party's own predictions are more conservative but still point to a significant victory.

At the party's newly refurbished campaign headquarters in Lahore's plush suburb of Model Town, rows of young workers sit at screens monitoring live TV broadcasts and social media. They are focused not on the national news channels followed largely by the elite, still less the English-language press or Twitter, but on the hugely popular local channels and Urdu-language publications.

Campaign workers say they believe 20% of the 85 million who can vote in two weeks are undecided. Of the core PML-N vote, only a sixth are in the big cities, they say. Most are in medium-sized towns unknown in the west. And Nawaz Sharif's fortune is seen as something to aspire to, not criticise.

The family also have a reputation for religious and social conservatism and being close to Jamaat-e-Islami, the local branch of the Muslim Brotherhood. Early support came from Zia ul-Haq, who launched a broad-ranging Islamisation campaign in Pakistan. When in power in the 1990s, Sharif pushed legislation strengthening traditional Islamic law in Pakistan, though supporters said the aim was to outflank the right. When forced into exile, by a military coup, the Sharifs were offered a haven by Saudi Arabia.

Equally disconcerting for Washington, Nawaz Sharif opposed Pakistan's support for the US-led "war on terror" and has called for an end to the drone strikes in the restive west of the country that have killed scores of top al-Qaida militants in recent years.

But if this worries the west, it strikes a chord with many Pakistani voters, particularly outside the urban elite. The core constituency, say party strategists, is "small town small traders". "We get called provincial and narrow-minded. But that's fine. We aren't. Our message is, 'Let's continue to build a better Pakistan'. It's about their hopes," one said.

The main opposition in the Punjab is no longer the Bhuttos and their PPP but Imran Khan, the cricketer-turned-politician. His Pakistan Movement for Justice party has attracted many, especially among the young, who want change. "They are sick of the same old faces. Sharif has done nothing to help the people in this constituency. Their basic needs of health, education, security are not being met," said Dr Yasmin Rasheed, a 63-year-old former gynaecologist campaigning for Khan against Maryam and her father.

Rasheed's supporters repeat well-known allegations of graft and incompetence during Sharif's earlier times in power when, it is claimed, cronies were loaned huge sums from state banks and tariffs manipulated to favour the family's business interests. PML-N officials deny the charges and point to the party's history of "competent management" which they say brought the country motorways, better relations with neighbouring India and successful, if controversial, nuclear tests in 1998. They point, too, to more recent development in Lahore, such as the ambitious new Metro Bus public transport system. The massive power cuts are blamed on the federal government.

Maryam Sharif's entry into politics – and talk of her as a potential future leader – also counters another image problem: that the party is too male.

"When you see the leader's daughter come forward then that shows the open mindset of the leadership allowing space for women in senior positions," said Anusha Rehman, a former PML parliamentarian and key official.

However, few claim that the leaders of the party share the suffering of the common people in Pakistan. Nor perhaps would voters expect or want them to. Though the NA-120 constituency includes the newly widened streets of central Lahore, there are many neighbourhoods where families live in dark one-room apartments with intermittent electricity and minimal sanitation. Food prices are soaring. Pockets of malnutrition and disease remain.

"It's not your financial status, it's the will to do something for others that matters. On the street, I am part of their ordeal. It's not about the class you belong to … it's the compassion you hold in your heart," Maryam said.

Outside the crowd is thicker than before. Meat shops line this street and the petals falling from rooftops land amid bones and blood. "Look who's coming," the party activists shout. Grinning butchers wave gory hands. The candidate's smiling daughter waves back.

Bewal Express
30th April 2013, 02:45
Any latest opinion polls or predictions?

waqar_ahmad
30th April 2013, 02:55
I think I am in love :P

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJCzIAtCcAAGnKE.jpg

Baaz aaja Insaf. Maulana diesel peechay par jai ga

waqar_ahmad
30th April 2013, 02:59
Ch. Nisar has already gone down my friend :) I'm predicting him to suffer his heaviest defeat in years! Insh'Allah.
JI is expected to come second. ;-)

What you saw in todays Taxila/Wah jalsa were the upper/middle class educated youth. Who are getting quality education and most of the benefits which the common Pakistani lacks.
Yet, they are still willingly to do their part in bringing a positive change to the Pakistani society.

I am getting excited!! But I want to ask, why do you say Nisar is going down, and PTI will win with a huge margin? Is it based on this jalsa, or the situation on the ground there?

insaftak
30th April 2013, 03:00
Baaz aaja Insaf. Maulana diesel peechay par jai ga

Bahi Lagta hai Hamaray Khusi k din aanay walay hain :)

0tt0man
30th April 2013, 03:05
I am getting excited!! But I want to ask, why do you say Nisar is going down, and PTI will win with a huge margin? Is it based on this jalsa, or the situation on the ground there?
Ground realities. The urban vote is 80% in favour of the PTI. I toured the rural areas and people there are mostly willing to vote for the PTI. The youth are overwhelmingly pro-IK.

This jalsa only swung the undecided vote towards PTI. The youth factor in these elections will play a HUGE role!

0tt0man
30th April 2013, 03:07
Did insaftak just find his perfect match? :)

insaftak
30th April 2013, 03:11
^^

I think so :P

Picture kisi fashion show ke hai :P

waqar_ahmad
30th April 2013, 03:13
@0tt0

That's awesome! I want Ch Nisar crushed by the balla. Bohot bolta hai ye. Do you have information about any other areas too?

@Insaf
This should be good for swing voters. I am donating for Naya Pakistan, if she is part of it :P

insaftak
30th April 2013, 03:14
I want Khawaja Asif and Hanif Abbassi gone... I can tolerate chori Nisar :P

waqar_ahmad
30th April 2013, 03:22
So, Insaf, how many seats you think we are winning now?

PS is that picture photoshopped?

insaftak
30th April 2013, 03:25
^^

LOL agar fake hoti to mein vo Ilfazz istamaal kerta jo mein nein kiye hain :P

Still few things not right that need to be fixed :)

waqar goraya
30th April 2013, 03:32
Kya junnon ha Taxila walon mein...Cha gaye o tum log.....The calmness and happiness on Imran and Ghulam Sarwar khan's faces told the story..:)

waqar_ahmad
30th April 2013, 03:36
^^

LOL agar fake hoti to mein vo Ilfazz istamaal kerta jo mein nein kiye hain :P

Still few things not right that need to be fixed :)

Got confirmation that this was actually a PTI themed fashion show, where all clothes were PTI related. The designer sold everything!!

waqar_ahmad
30th April 2013, 03:40
DOes anyone have Imran's complete speech at Taxila? I heard part of it, and the junnon there is making me want to hear the entire thing

Black Zero
30th April 2013, 03:51
Holy... Saadibaba, for God's sake stop your 360 degree arguing. You are making no sense.

360 degree means...he's consistent

waqar goraya
30th April 2013, 03:54
DOes anyone have Imran's complete speech at Taxila? I heard part of it, and the junnon there is making me want to hear the entire thing

None of the channels covered it extensively,...

Almost all the evening crowds are bigger than noon crowds but channels have other programmes to show during that time..:(

waqar_ahmad
30th April 2013, 04:14
^ That sucks.

zimmz
30th April 2013, 04:27
What's the update about funding insaftak?

I just checked two funding pages at elections.insaf.pk and both give the impression that not many people are contributing. The counter is far from the goal :-/

Waseem
30th April 2013, 05:14
Looks like Imran is spending whole day in home constituency Mianwali today

1 NIAZI BUS ADDA ESA KHEL(10 00 AM),
2 QAMAR MUSHANI HOCKEY STADIUM(11 00 AM),
3 SHAKAR DARA(12 00AM),
4 SUMAILKELL STADIUM,DAUDKHEL(2 PM),
5 MIANWALI CIRCUS STADIUM(5 PM)

zimmz
30th April 2013, 05:18
^ He got not much time for his own campaign in 4 cities he is contesting. Would have been better for PTI if he could continue 5-6 jalsa in other part of Pakistan but understandable that he needs at least a day for his home seat.

Anfield
30th April 2013, 06:13
Media brings some stupid new survey every day. Media is killing the wave. =/

asifp
30th April 2013, 06:47
guys I am a PTI fan, but this threads titile should be

PTI election updates

we should probably have another thread to discuss actual eletion news, battle grounds etc

Looney
30th April 2013, 09:02
An independent candidate , Abdul Fateh Magsi , in Jhal Magsi has been killed

Looney
30th April 2013, 10:53
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/551424_481780645215725_2100136020_n.png

Mystrey
30th April 2013, 11:42
guys I am a PTI fan, but this threads titile should be

PTI election updates

we should probably have another thread to discuss actual eletion news, battle grounds etc

Noone is stopping the Nooras or PPP fans posting their election updates.

AZ
30th April 2013, 11:45
An independent candidate , Abdul Fateh Magsi , in Jhal Magsi has been killed

ECP has suspended elections there, apparently.

PTI
30th April 2013, 11:52
@PTI

I havent heard of him before. Is he a political heavyweight? And if so, I hope he realizes that he wont get a PTI ticket

Brother he Belong to Tamman Family and related with Late Ex-MNA.This is his post on facebook.

"ASSLAM"O"ALIKUM,
Kch Din pehly Maine Pmln suporter ko Kushkhabri sunaye thi.aur ye bhi kaha tha k dosri kushkhbri P.T.I suporter ko bhi sunaoun ga..(x)MNA SARDAR MANSOOR HAYAT TAMMAN.son\of FEDRAL MINSTOR SARDAR MUHAMMAD HAYAT TAMMAN(Late) ne Apny pory panal k sth PTI join kr le ha....Ye kisi Taruf k Mohtaj nhi ye wo azeem, Leadr ha jo ek surway k mutabiq PAKISTAN K (13) Punjab k (3) aur Chakwal k (1Pehly) num pe itna Arsa Iqtedar mn rehty hoey Curption se Pak rhey en ke Daman Curption se pak ha aur imran Khan KO Bhi ayesy logoun ke zarort thi..aur sbse barhi bat pory chakwal mn ayesa koi Leadr nhi Jiski qualification Sardar sab se zeayda ho ye 3 bar MNA rhey aur enka apna zati bank vote ha 40 se 50 hazar... aur en k bank vote k elwa ab PTI k panal mein NA 61 pe x MNA SARDAR MANSOOR TAMMAN pp23 x MPA col sultan SURKHRO PP 22 PE x MPA Taqi shah aur Peer Nisar Joji....INSHALLAH hamesha ke trh esbar bhi Moqabla Sardran Tamman ka he apas mn hoga....
ab Deahkna ye NA 61 ke awam (Baly)k zareaye ya (Shear)k zareya apny talagang ke PaG bachaye ge....*"

PTI
30th April 2013, 11:56

Yes, loved that Bit of sledding. IK is oozing with confidence.May ALLAH give success to PTI in elections..ameen

PTI
30th April 2013, 12:24
http://www.express.com.pk/images/NP_LHE/20130430/Sub_Images/1101829617-1.jpg

PTI
30th April 2013, 12:42
PTI candidates specially youth candidates needs to carry out extensive campaign.
I came across some of my friends and relatives whom i have been working on to vote for PTI and lately they told me that in their constituency there is no PTI candidate.Then i have to search and tell them about PTI candidate.
So if a voter is not sure about PTI candidate in his area it can even lead that voter not to go out on 11th may to vote.This may harm PTI chances.
PTI can use SMS strategy and other means which are cost effective but atleast make a common voter know that PTI have candidate in their area.

waqar goraya
30th April 2013, 15:07
I have always found Javed Chaudhry and Kamran Khan singing for N league....

Javed Chaudhry's tone and behavior in yesterday's program was utterly disgusting ...He kept mocking Sheri Mazaari ....

Many other anchors conduct their programmes in a much better way...

Bashira_taeli
30th April 2013, 15:21
http://epaper.dawn.com/2013/04/29/stories/29_04_2013_002_004.jpg

Waseem
30th April 2013, 15:56
Shahbaz Sharif just held a press conference against Imran Khan. Journalists obviously got scripted questions so Shabaz can take out all his frustration. All questions were asked about Imran's speeches in various jalsas so Shabaz can prove that Imran actually supports Zardari.

waqar goraya
30th April 2013, 16:22
Shahbaz Sharif just held a press conference against Imran Khan. Journalists obviously got scripted questions so Shabaz can take out all his frustration. All questions were asked about Imran's speeches in various jalsas so Shabaz can prove that Imran actually supports Zardari.

Meanwhile Wazirabad jalsa has been canceled and the reason they are telling is the helicopter landing problem...

Meanwhile N league candidate in Bakhar has been disqualified by Highcourt on the pretext of defualting......