PDA

View Full Version : Official Pakistan 2013 General Elections thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Waseem
27th March 2013, 16:50
This thread can be used to discuss all important general elections 2013 in Pakistan.

We can discuss:

New joinings for different parties.

Potential candidates of parties in different constituencies.

Party strength in constituencies.

Candidates strengths and weaknesses.

Performance of election commission.

Survey results.

Let's START!!!!!

Waseem
27th March 2013, 16:52
This is NOT final list of candidates from Lahore but some of them will surely be right.

http://s24.postimg.org/98nipurb9/BGWux_MICQAAv_J1_T.jpg

http://s24.postimg.org/jrs3srjd1/BGWu_mf_CQAM1h6i.jpg

Waseem
27th March 2013, 16:56
http://e.dunya.com.pk/news/2013/March/2013-03-27/GUJ/detail_img/252212_58310899.jpg

Difficulties in seat adjustment with Jamat e Islami, i don't know if seat adjustment will really work.

Waseem
27th March 2013, 17:07
اسلام آباد:وزارت انفارمیشن ٹیکنالوجی نے بیرون ملک مقیم پاکستانیوں کوووٹ کی سہولت فراہم کرنےکی یقین دہانی کرادی ہے۔

شیڈول کےمطابق پاکستان میں 11 مئی کوعام انتخابات منعقد ہوں گے،سپریم کورٹ نےحکام کوہدایت کی تھی کہ بیرون ملک مقیم پاکستانیوں کوووٹ کی سہولت فراہم کرنےکیلئے فوری اقدامات کئے جائیں۔

رپورٹ کے مطابق اٹارنی جنرل عرفان قادر نے بدھ کو اس سلسلے میں وزارت انفارمیشن ٹیکنالوجی کےحکام سےملاقات کی جس میں بیرونی ملک پاکستانیوں کو ووٹ کی آن لائن ووٹ کی سہولت فراہم کرنے کےمعاملے پرتبادلہ خیال کیا گیا۔

رپورٹ کے مطابق حکام نے اٹارنی جنرل کو یقین دہائی کرائی کہ ایک ماہ کےاندراندر e- voting system متعارف کرادیا جائےگا جس کے تحت بیرون ملک پاکستانی آن لائن ووٹ کاسٹ کرسکیں گے

http://urdu.thenewstribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/E-voting-system.gif

Don't know how it's possible in such a short time but e voting option for overseas voters hasn't been ruled out by Info tech department.

Waseem
27th March 2013, 17:30
Not 100% confirmed but Imran Khan likely to contest elections in 4 cities

NA 1 Peshawar
NA 56 Rawalpindi
NA 71 Mianwali
NA 122 Lahore

zimmz
27th March 2013, 17:56
Imran should also stand in Quetta and Karachi.

As mentioned yesterday Farooq Amjad Meer seems to be out of game in Lahore.

saadibaba
27th March 2013, 20:03
KARACHI: Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaaf (PTI) chairman will be contesting from NA-1 (Peshawar – II), NA- 56 (Rawalpindi – VII), NA-71 (Mianwali – I), NA-126 (Lahore – IX), party spokesman Shafqat Mehmood said on Wednesday.
In NA-56, Khan is likely to be standing in contest with Sheikh Rasheed, whereas, Saad Rafique of Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) is another contender for NA-126.

http://dawn.com/2013/03/27/imran-to-contest-from-four-na-seats/

That's strange. Contesting against Sheikh Rasheed ? Also what about the famed contest in Lahore between him and Nawaz.

PakistanPaindabad
27th March 2013, 20:09
^That is wrong, Shaikh Rasheed is NA-55; Hanif Abbasi is NA-56

Imran Khan should not have run against Hanif Abbasi, ab usko ganda karnay ka mauqa dey raha

Last time Javed Hashmi won from NA-55

waqar_ahmad
27th March 2013, 20:15
Running from multiple constituencies is a double edged sword. If, let's say Imran wins 3 out of the 4, he will have to give up 2. Which means that there will be elections on those 2, and people wont come out as they will in the first round.

waqar goraya
27th March 2013, 20:22
This is going to be an awesome battle!

Hanif Abbasi and Saad Rafique vs Imran Khan...:)

There is a lot of risk specially contesting against Khawaja Saad Rafique...

waqar goraya
27th March 2013, 20:26
Sheikh Rashid said that he wont be contesting against Imran...

Initially it was expected that PTI will support Sheikh Rashid for NA 55 and if Imran contests in Rawalpindi then Sheikh Rasheed will not contest from NA 56 and will support Imran for NA 56

Runner Up
27th March 2013, 20:30
My support is with Musharraf. Go Mushy Go

Runner Up
27th March 2013, 20:32
March 27th, 2013: Musharraf signing Nomination Forms to contest elections from Chitral (NA-32), Karachi (NA-250), Islamabad (NA-48) & Kasur (NA-139)

Last Results Added

shehzi
27th March 2013, 20:47
KARACHI: Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaaf (PTI) chairman will be contesting from NA-1 (Peshawar – II), NA- 56 (Rawalpindi – VII), NA-71 (Mianwali – I), NA-126 (Lahore – IX), party spokesman Shafqat Mehmood said on Wednesday.
In NA-56, Khan is likely to be standing in contest with Sheikh Rasheed, whereas, Saad Rafique of Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) is another contender for NA-126.

http://dawn.com/2013/03/27/imran-to-contest-from-four-na-seats/

That's strange. Contesting against Sheikh Rasheed ? Also what about the famed contest in Lahore between him and Nawaz.

"insaftak" , your expert analysis required here

zimmz
27th March 2013, 21:29
Running from multiple constituencies is a double edged sword. If, let's say Imran wins 3 out of the 4, he will have to give up 2. Which means that there will be elections on those 2, and people wont come out as they will in the first round.

This is an age old strategy. A candidate who is more likely to win from any given seat contest multiple seats. The advantage is that in first round you win more seat to give overall impression of a party who is more likely to form a government. Next stage is by-election where general public is again gonna support your candidate since you are more likely to form a government.

In the absence of this strategy you field ordinary candidate who would lose in first round and you chances to form government are reduced.

zimmz
27th March 2013, 21:30
Would have been nice if Imran could contest also in Quetta and one seat in Karachi.

ddss
27th March 2013, 23:22
http://dawn.com/2013/03/26/bilawal-leaves-pakistan-not-to-lead-ppp-election-campaign/

http://dawncompk.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/zardari_bilawal_bhutto5th_reuters_2_670.jpg?w=670&h=350

ISLAMABAD/LAHORE: Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari will not be leading the party’s election campaign as party officials confirmed his departure for Dubai on Tuesday, days before the party launches its official campaign on April 4.

Speaking to Dawn.com, PPP leader Sharmila Farooqi confirmed that Bilawal had departed for Dubai. She also confirmed that the young Bhutto would not be ‘physically’ taking part in the party’s election campaign; however, she cited “security concerns” as the reason behind the decision.

The news comes as the Press Trust of India reported that the PPP chairman had left after an argument with his father, President Asif Ali Zardari.

Hasham Riaz, Bilawal’s chief of staff, while speaking to Dawn.com also confirmed that Bilawal had left for Dubai. However, he dismissed reports of a rift between the father and son as “rumors”.

According to the report by the Press Trust of India, the PPP chairman had a quarrel with President Zardari and his sister Faryal Talpur over the party’s stance on several importance issues including militancy, sectarianism and the awarding of party tickets for the upcoming general elections.

The news agency reported sources as saying that Bilawal had an issue in particular with PPP’s weak reaction to the Malala Yousufzai shooting and the bomb attacks on the Shia community in Karachi and Quetta.

Bilawal was also angered by Talpur’s decision to not hand over party tickets to candidates in Sindh whom he favoured, a source told the Press Trust of India.

The departure of the PPP chairman raises concerns for the PPP, the main ruling party in Pakistan for the past five years, with polls looming overhead and the party set to kick-off its election campaign.

The PPP is to launch its election campaign on April 4 in Garhi Khuda Buksh.

Meanwhile, a source told Dawn.com that Bilawal, who turns 25 this September and will be of eligible age to contest elections by the time of the by-elections, has decided not to take part in even the by-polls.

Done or just a trick?

Kianig89
27th March 2013, 23:31
"insaftak" , your expert analysis required here

Sheikh to contest from 55 and 250.....

Waseem
28th March 2013, 05:16
NA 250 Karachi will be very interesting

Pervez Musharaff has submitted papers to contest from there, he will be up against Arif Alvi of PTI.

MQM won this seat in 2008 but vote gap was 7000 as opposed to 30,000 in most other Karachi seats as this constituency belongs to educated people.

I think PTI had a great chance of winning it but Musharaff has kind of spoiled it given the fact that MQM will be supporting Musharaff as well.

Waseem
28th March 2013, 05:23
Muhammad Azhar Khan Jadoon
Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf awarded nomination to contest for NA 17, Abbottabad. Thanks for the PTI leadership. Thanks for my supporters. Together we will achieve the goal and objective of Naya Pakistan. Insha Allah.

Great decision to award ticket to Dr Azhar Khan Jadoon who last time got 37000 votes as an independent losing to Mehtab Abbasi of PMLN by 20000 votes.

Waseem
28th March 2013, 05:24
Muhammad Azhar Khan Jadoon
Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf awarded nomination to contest for NA 17, Abbottabad. Thanks for the PTI leadership. Thanks for my supporters. Together we will achieve the goal and objective of Naya Pakistan. Insha Allah.

Great decision to award ticket to Dr Azhar Khan Jadoon who last time got 37000 votes as an independent losing to Mehtab Abbasi of PMLN by 20000 votes.

insaftak
28th March 2013, 05:27
I wanted Khan sahab to run from Karachi and Quetta too even though I am from Pindi and that would help a lot to candidates of PTI in Pindi area . I heard shehbaz Sharif is running frrom NA 55 so effectively this is Imran Khan Vs Nawaz Sharif in Pindi.

Bewal Express
28th March 2013, 05:31
Any idea of seats where we have more than an even chance in the Punjab. I think we need at least 40 seats to come out with respect from these elections.

insaftak
28th March 2013, 05:36
^^

SMQ, Hashmi, 2 Mianwali Seats, Imran Khan Seat in Lahore, Khaqwani, Kasuri. Leghari, They can win these seats without any support from party.

insaftak
28th March 2013, 05:39
PTI has denied ticket to Tiwans in Khusaab from What I am hearing...

insaftak
28th March 2013, 05:46
Clean Sweep in District Attock too. 3 Seats

No one can match us there. Strong candidates and huge popular support.

Waseem
28th March 2013, 06:12
Clean Sweep in District Attock too. 3 Seats

No one can match us there. Strong candidates and huge popular support.

True!

I think our BIGGEST concern is Faisalabad instead of Rawalpindi where Imran Khan, Hashmi, Sheikh Rasheed etc can win on 7 seats on offer. Faisalabad has 11 NA seats and we hardly have decent candidates there and not many jalsas here either. PMLN is popular there but it has never been their stronghold like Rawalpindi or Lahore so PTI must get their act together and hit the streets of Faisalabad as soon as possible. Then there is Jhang next door with 6 NA seats as well but i doubt we can do much there with the kind of culture we have there.

justarslan
28th March 2013, 09:17
This is an age old strategy. A candidate who is more likely to win from any given seat contest multiple seats. The advantage is that in first round you win more seat to give overall impression of a party who is more likely to form a government. Next stage is by-election where general public is again gonna support your candidate since you are more likely to form a government.

In the absence of this strategy you field ordinary candidate who would lose in first round and you chances to form government are reduced.

Is there limit on how many seats a candidate can contest for?

waqar_ahmad
28th March 2013, 09:52
Why is Hashmi just contesting from one constituency? I was expecting him to run against Ch. Nisar

arsalan660
28th March 2013, 10:44
So Imran Khan contesting from my area NA-126. This will be easy seat for Imran Khan as no party here in majority.

Abrar ul Haq in NA 119 against Hamza Sharif will be a good contest.

NA 123 PTI should had a strong candidate as Nawaz Sharif contesting from here.

Shehbaz Sharif will be contesting from NA 120.

Waseem
28th March 2013, 11:17
ISLAMABAD (Dunya News) - A meeting of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) parliamentary board was held in Islamabad on Wednesday to finalize list of candidates for National Assembly from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. PTI chief Imran Khan chaired the meeting.

It was also decided in the meeting that Imran Khan will contest election from four constituencies. PTI leader Shah Mahmood Qureshi will also contest on four constituencies, two each from Punjab and Sindh.

Javed Hashmi will contest the upcoming election on NA 149-Multan while Khursheed Mahmood Kasuri will contest election from NA 140-Kasur.

Meanwhile, PTI has fielded Adalat Khan against PML-N candidate Amir Muqam from NA 30-Swat.

http://dunyanews.tv/index.php/en/Pakistan/166386-PTI-finalizes-candidates-for-35-NA-seats-in-KP-

SMQ to contest on 4 seats as well :O

0tt0man
28th March 2013, 12:00
What's the status on the Rawalpindi constituency? What are PTI's candidates and how many constituencies is Sheikh Rashid being given?

PTI has Decided to Contest Elections for All Seats in Karachi

KARACHI: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf has decided to contest elections for all seats in Karachi while tickets are yet to be allocated. Central Deputy Secretary General Imran Ismail instructed not to leave any constituency vacant and submit nomination papers in accordance with the recommendations made by recently elected party leadership.

Dr. Arif Alvi and Najeeb Haroon submitted forms for NA-250 whereas Subhan Ali Sahil and Syed Hafeezuddin submitted for NA-239. Ali Zaidi for NA-252, Zubair Khan for NA-251, Dr. Saeed Afridi for NA-241, Riyaz Haider for NA-245, Hafeezuddin for NA-240.

Dawa Khan Sabir, Isa Khan and Jamal Sherwani for PS-93, Shahnawaz Jadoon, Dr. Hussain, Syed Hafeezuddin, Subhan Ali Sahil for PS-89, Humayun Sawati for PS-92, Malik Arif for PS-94, Ali Ji Ji and Tayyab Siddiq for PS-90, Samar Ali Khan for PS-113, Marghoob Hussain for PS-112, Zareena Sarwar for PS-103, Riyaz Haider for PS-101 and Shabbir Qureshi submitted nomination forms for PS-104.

http://insaf.pk/News/tabid/60/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/15470/PTI-has-Decided-to-Contest-Elections-for-All-Seats-in-Karachi.aspx

0tt0man
28th March 2013, 12:07
Regarding NA-250, I remember it was hotly contested between Khushbakhat Shujaat(MQM) and Mirza Ikhtiyar Baig (PPP). It came as a surprise considering so many people voted for PPP.

It was neck to neck at one point before Khushbakht took the lead and went on to win by a few thousand votes :altaf

0tt0man
28th March 2013, 12:07
-delete-

PetroDollars
28th March 2013, 13:38
Interesting stuff by Mush, He will be taking on Kasuri in Kasur.

He would clean sweep the rest of the seats, as he enjoys huge support among the elite in Clifton/DHA and Isl aswell as Chitral.

IK has also took an interesting move by going to nowazs house in Model Town and surrounding areas, i would love to see IK vs Ganja but Ganja will probably chicken out.

0tt0man
28th March 2013, 14:30
Interesting stuff by Mush, He will be taking on Kasuri in Kasur.

He would clean sweep the rest of the seats, as he enjoys huge support among the elite in Clifton/DHA and Isl aswell as Chitral.

IK has also took an interesting move by going to nowazs house in Model Town and surrounding areas, i would love to see IK vs Ganja but Ganja will probably chicken out.
I'll make sure to bump this post once the results are announced :))

shehzi
28th March 2013, 15:52
LAHORE:

Stepping out of her comfort zone of glitz and glamour, Lollywood star Meera has decided to venture into politics.

Meera’s mother Shafqat Zarar Bokhari confirmed on Wednesday that her daughter will contest the May 11 general election for a provincial assembly seat. “I will file her nomination papers on Thursday (today),” she told The Express Tribune.

Meera will contest the elections from the platform of Justice Party, a little-known group recently formed by lawyers. “She will run for a Punjab Assembly seat, most probably from Lahore,” she said without naming the constituency. It is likely that Meera will hold a press conference soon where she will announce her plans. She is currently in India working on some projects. “She will definitely bring a change as a politician if she wins the elections. She will work for the betterment of the common people and women,” her mother added.

Published in The Express Tribune, March 28th, 2013

http://tribune.com.pk/story/527630/from-lollywood-to-politics-meera-decides-to-contest-polls/

zimmz
28th March 2013, 16:40
Is there limit on how many seats a candidate can contest for?

I think there is but not sure what. I heard on one talk show that in the past some party head contested on 7 seats.

zimmz
28th March 2013, 16:58
Cousin Inamullah Niazi and recetnly selected as S.V. President from punjab, being bank defaulter, is denied PTI ticket. He along with 3 other niazis leaving PTI. Inamullah announced to contest against Imran Khan as independent from NA-71. Khan's sister is married to brother of Inamullah Niazi, who happens to be a column writer in daily paper. How tough for Imran to take stand against these relatives. Possibly making the life of his sister miserable.

Ayyub
28th March 2013, 17:13
PTI is weak and not at all focusing in south punjab and interior sindh which is stronghold of PPP .....PTI is just busy in putting tough candidates against PML-N but i don't understand why ignoring PPP vote bank areas ?

Answer Pls

Waseem
28th March 2013, 17:19
Sardar Asif Ahmed Ali leaves PTI and will contest against Qasuri as an independent candidate.

Ayyub
28th March 2013, 17:29
Sardar Asif Ahmed Ali leaves PTI and will contest against Qasuri as an independent candidate.

Ooopsss

abdulraheemsiddiqui
28th March 2013, 18:42
NA 250: Naimatullah Khan Advocate will fight against Musharraf on JI's ticket

waqar_ahmad
28th March 2013, 18:44

This was bound to happen. One of them could have gotten a ticket, and the other one would have left.

insaftak
28th March 2013, 20:51
LOL @ Inamullah Niazi.

Good Stuff by Imran not giving him ticket. Reminds you of what he did to Majid Khan another cousin of Imran Khan.

:14:

zimmz
28th March 2013, 21:07

I thought S. Asif will go for the second NA seat in kasur.
Anyway he should have already guessed year ago that against kasuri he has no chance, especially when Azam sawati had a court case against him.

srh
28th March 2013, 21:40
NA 250 looks totally open seat with nobody as favourite and heavyweights fighting.

0tt0man
28th March 2013, 21:46
NA 250: Naimatullah Khan Advocate will fight against Musharraf on JI's ticket
Former Karachi mayor Naimatullah Khan?

Runner Up
28th March 2013, 21:53
Dr. Fozia Siddiqui (Sister of Dr. Afia Siddiqui) also announced to contest against Musharraf.

Runner Up
28th March 2013, 21:53
Former Karachi mayor Naimatullah Khan?
Yes

insaftak
28th March 2013, 21:54
NA 250,

Voters have some good choices there. Good luck to those in NA 250. Pervez Musharaf one extreme vs Fauzia Siddiqi another extreme :)

Seen Sheen
28th March 2013, 21:56
Imran will likely contest from NA 126. Good choice imo, could not have chosen any constituency better than this one. NA 126 includes posh areas of Lahore like Johar Town, Faisal Town, Township and we all know its the educated lot that is the real strength of Imran.

One argument against this step could be that any candidate from PTI stands a good chance from this constituency then why not Imran has opted for any Inner Lahore constituency!

Imran v Nawaz would have been one of the toughest battle in election history.

PTI would face real hard time in Northern Lahore. N-League has got a real foothold in that region.

Runner Up
28th March 2013, 22:14
Sarfraz Nawaz will contest against Imran Khan in Lahore

srh
28th March 2013, 22:18
NA 250,

Voters have some good choices there. Good luck to those in NA 250. Pervez Musharaf one extreme vs Fauzia Siddiqi another extreme :)
If Imran Khan contest elections from this seat he will win it.

saadibaba
28th March 2013, 22:23
LAHORE:

Stepping out of her comfort zone of glitz and glamour, Lollywood star Meera has decided to venture into politics.

Meera’s mother Shafqat Zarar Bokhari confirmed on Wednesday that her daughter will contest the May 11 general election for a provincial assembly seat. “I will file her nomination papers on Thursday (today),” she told The Express Tribune.

Meera will contest the elections from the platform of Justice Party, a little-known group recently formed by lawyers. “She will run for a Punjab Assembly seat, most probably from Lahore,” she said without naming the constituency. It is likely that Meera will hold a press conference soon where she will announce her plans. She is currently in India working on some projects. “She will definitely bring a change as a politician if she wins the elections. She will work for the betterment of the common people and women,” her mother added.

Published in The Express Tribune, March 28th, 2013

http://tribune.com.pk/story/527630/from-lollywood-to-politics-meera-decides-to-contest-polls/

That will be a 'hot' contest. ;-)

Veena Malik should also run against some JI guy. Democracy at its best.

saadibaba
28th March 2013, 22:34
NA-250 in Karachi will be the biggest showdown in elections IMO. Wonder who MQM is putting up, Khushbakht won last time but per my sources, Khushbakht and Mushy are on really good terms so hard to see them contesting against each other, unless MQM throws its support behind Mushy. Fauzia Siddiqui will play the role of a spoiler from Naimutullah Khan. Will only cut his vote bank. I personally would have liked Asad Umar or IK himself running from there. Dr. Alvi just doesn't have the charisma or name recognition to help PTI's cause. So here is how I have it based on different groups we have in that constituency:

Burger crowd/Youth vote : divided between Mushy and Dr.Alvi
Pathan vote/Conservative vote: divided between Dr.Alvi, Naimatullah,Fauzia Siddiqui
Middle class professional vote: divided between Mushy, Alvi and PPP guy
Upper class vote: won't make any difference, they won't vote
Urdu speaking vote: divided between Mushy, Alvi, Naimatullah and Siddiqui

The biggest thing right now will be who MQM puts out there or whether they end up backing Mushy.

If MQM puts their own candidate, it will be a very close contest with PPP or Alvi likely to win.

If MQM backs Mushy: It will be between Mushy and Alvi.

Anyway you look at it, this will be too close to call. I'm from the same constituency, but not sure will be able to vote from here.

Kianig89
28th March 2013, 22:55
Sarfraz Nawaz ala Big SarF will contest from NA-48 Isb and NA-126 vs Imran KHAn.............now thats interesting...............by the way Aamir Sohail is in N-league any news about him conetesting from some where........

Asim2Good
28th March 2013, 23:22
no one should b allowed to contest from more than one areas, whats the points when u r not allowed to keep more than one seat?
its just waste of time n money on holding the elections again on empty seats

waqar goraya
29th March 2013, 00:07
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf chairman Imran Khan plans to contest the general election from the NA-126 constituency of the Punjab capital.

According to a list of hopefuls for various National Assembly seats, PTI president Makhdoom Javed Hashmi and Mian Mahmood Ahmad are candidates for the NA-118 seat. Waqar Ahmad and Usman Gujjar are contesting to get the party ticket for the NA-119 seat.

The NA-120 seat is open.

In NA-121, Irshad Dogar, Hamad Azhar and Mahr Wajid Azeem are contenders for the party ticket. In NA-122, PTI Lahore president Abdul Aleem Khan and Mian Alcram Khan are candidates. In NA-123, candidates are Hamid Meraj, Atif Chaudhry, while Jamshed Iqbal Cheema and Waleed Iqbal are candidates for party ticket for the NA124 seat.

In NA-125, Abdul Aleem Khan and Air Marshal Shahid Zulfiqar (retired) are the candidates. In NA-127, PTI Punjab general secretary Dr Yasmin Rashid and PTI information secretary Shafgat Mahmood are the candidates.

In NA-128, Zaheer Abbas Khokhar and Karamat Khokhar are the candidates. In NA-129, Mansha Sindhu and Nawaz Awan are the candidates, while in NA-130 Talib Sindhu, Hamid Sarwar and Usman Hamza are the candidates.

The PTI central parliamentary board is considering districts and Punjab parliamentary boards` recommendations.

The Lahore candidates for party tickets are likely to be finalised by late night.

PTI Punjab president Ejaz Chaudhry says party`s central parliamentary board decided candidates for Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa at its Wednesday`s meeting. He said the party had asked the remaining candidates to file their nomination papers and that the candidates for Sindh and Punjab would be finalised at the parliamentary board meeting on March 30.

From today's Dawn newspaper

Two persons namely Abdul Aleem Khan and Mansha Sindhu are the most suitable candidates to win elections because they have a muscle but both do not have good reputation and are typical politicians,specially Mansha Sindhu has been twice MPA and last time he lost on Q Ticket by a tiny margin,but PTI leadership is quite hesitant to award him ticket because of his alleged involvment in many crimes...

insaftak
29th March 2013, 00:15
Naz Baloch PTI SVP from Sindh has applied for NA 240.... Oye Karachi Walo What area this NA 240 covers? details about this constituency please...

waqar goraya
29th March 2013, 00:17
28/3/2013: Update from Central Parlimentary Board

The Central Parlimentary Board of PTI has NOT finalized the list of candidates to be given the party ticket for the upcoming 2013 general elections. The CPB met in Islamabad to review the cases of the potential candidates but the final decision regarding the nominees will be made early next week. Any news or information being broadcast in the media or in print is based on speculation and hearsay and does not reflect the office position of the PTI or the CPB.
All applicants for the PTI ticket are requested to submit their Nomination forms with the ECP before the extended deadline of March 31st.

Zohair Ashir Secretary,

PTI Parlimentary Board

Seen Sheen
29th March 2013, 00:24
^^Even Zaheer Abbas Khokhar, potential candidate from NA-128 doesn't have very good reputation(allegedly known as land mafia group). Afzal Khokhar won National Assembly seat from NA-128 and they are also notorious for their land grabbing. They should bring forth new, educated lot rather relying on tried and tested faces.

srh
29th March 2013, 00:29
NA-250 in Karachi will be the biggest showdown in elections IMO. Wonder who MQM is putting up, Khushbakht won last time but per my sources, Khushbakht and Mushy are on really good terms so hard to see them contesting against each other, unless MQM throws its support behind Mushy. Fauzia Siddiqui will play the role of a spoiler from Naimutullah Khan. Will only cut his vote bank. I personally would have liked Asad Umar or IK himself running from there. Dr. Alvi just doesn't have the charisma or name recognition to help PTI's cause. So here is how I have it based on different groups we have in that constituency:

Burger crowd/Youth vote : divided between Mushy and Dr.Alvi
Pathan vote/Conservative vote: divided between Dr.Alvi, Naimatullah,Fauzia Siddiqui
Middle class professional vote: divided between Mushy, Alvi and PPP guy
Upper class vote: won't make any difference, they won't vote
Urdu speaking vote: divided between Mushy, Alvi, Naimatullah and Siddiqui

The biggest thing right now will be who MQM puts out there or whether they end up backing Mushy.

If MQM puts their own candidate, it will be a very close contest with PPP or Alvi likely to win.

If MQM backs Mushy: It will be between Mushy and Alvi.

Anyway you look at it, this will be too close to call. I'm from the same constituency, but not sure will be able to vote from here.
pretty stupid of PTI of not contesting Imran Khan from this constituency. Imran Khan would have won guaranteed from this seat. Now its open. If MQM backs Mushy then Mushy will win this seat.

Runner Up
29th March 2013, 00:29
Naz Baloch PTI SVP from Sindh has applied for NA 240.... Oye Karachi Walo What area this NA 240 covers? details about this constituency please...

KARACHI, Oct 1: NA-240 is a newly-demarcated constituency after the bifurcation of former NA-184 with the exclusion of Keamari Town and Gabopat Union Council.

It comprises parts of Baldia, Shershah, Pak Colony, Rexer and Mianwali Colony. Most of the localities come under the categories of kachchi abadis.
Provision of civic amenities, particularly water supply and sewerage systems, is the basic problem faced by the people in this constituency.

The demography of the population is a mixup of Gujratis, Kachchis and people from Junagarh. There is also a small population of Pakhtoons, Hazarawalas, Balochs, Sindhis and Urdu-speaking people.

It covers areas comprising Baldia Town (UCs 5, 6, 7 and 8) which include Saeedabad Sector-V (part) near Police Training Centre, Sarhad Colony, Madina Colony, Ghous Nagar, Shah Faisal, Mianwali Para, Sarhad Colony (extension), Swat Colony, Lasi Para, Anjum Colony, Baldia-II (part), Gujrat Colony (part), Turk Colony, Kokan Colony, Rasheedabad, Kumharwara, Arab-Datri Mohallah and Junagarh, Chishti Nagar, Hussaini Mohallah and Habibabad, Haji Qasim Colony, Dehli Makka Colony, Shershah Colony (Street-46), Street-B-49, Jinnah Ground and Nayyab Road, Mohammadi Road, Akbari Road, Haroonabad, SITE and SITE labour colony, Pak Modern Colony and Jahan Colony, Willaytabad, Hasrat Mohani Colony, Chittagong, Haji S.M. Goth, Asifabad Colony, Yaseen Zuberi Colony, Qadeemi Mohallah, Ghulam M.V. village, Gharib Nawaz Village, Old Golimar, Hasan Aulia Village and Rexer Lane Mistri Khan Village, United Colony, Muslimabad, Jehanabad, Mianwali Colony, Shershah Colony around Toor Baba Road, Shershah Colony around Urdu Bazar Road, around Akbar Road, Faqir Colony and Baldia Town Ghushan-i-Ghazi (Block-A, Block-B).

As many as 14 candidates are in the run. They include K. S. Mujahid (PML-Q), Mohammad Shah Nawaz (PML-Nawaz), Sarkaruddin Advocate (MQM), Maulvi Sheerin Mohammad (MMA), Mohammad Iftikhar Bhatti (Sunni Tehrik), Mohammad Bakhsh Baloch (PPP-SB), Mohammad Bux Lashari (PPP), Mohammad Islam, Bashir Ahmed Mangrio, Syed Haider Abbas Rizvi, Aurangzeb Ghori, Iftikhar Shah Bukhari, Dr Iqtidar Hussain and Shamim Minhas.

It is premature to say about the dominating trends of this newly-redesignated constituency because of highly localised support base of the each area.

A survey of the constituency shows that main contestants on this seat will be former local bodies minister K. S. Mujahid, who is a nominee of Pakistan Muslim League (QA), Sarkaruddin advocate of the MMA and Mohammad Bakhsh Lashari of the PPP.

Being a former local bodies minister and a Gujrati-speaking, Mr Mujahid is the most potential candidate in the constituency, notwithstanding the fact that he had a long track record of community- related welfare services in the constituency.

Apart from Gujratis and Kachchis, Mr Mujahid is equally popular among the Balochs and Sindhis.

Equally important is the PPP’s candidate Mohammad Bakhsh Lashari because the party has strong support base in Baloch and Sindhi-speaking areas because of a solid vote-bank in the constituency.

Muttahida’s candidate Sarkaruddin Advocate is also an effective candidate in the constituency. It has also a solid vote bank in NA-240.

SINDH ASSEMBLY: The NA-240 has also two provincial assembly constituencies: PS-91 and PS-92.

The PS-91 comprises areas which include Saeedabad, Sector-V (part) near Police Training Centre, Sarhad Colony, Madina Colony, Ghous Nagar and Shah Faisal Mohallah, Mianwali Para, Sarhad Extension, Swat Colony, Lasi Para, Anjum Colony, Baldia-II (part), Gujrat Colony, Turk Colony, Kokan Colony (part) Rasheedabad-II (part), Kumharwara, Rasheedabad-I (part), Datari Mohallah Junagarh, Chishti Nagar, Husaini Mohallah and Habibabad, Haji Qasim Colony, Dehli Makkah Colony, Faqir Colony, Gulistan-i-Ghazi Block-A, B, C and Block-D Baldia Town.

There are 14 candidates in the run: They include Zaheer Ahmed (PPP), Mohammad Suleman Khan (PML-Q), Noor Mohammad (SDA), Syeda Afshan Shoukat (PML-Nawaz), Tasnimul Hasan, Ahsan Ali Arif (Sunni Tehrik), Liaquat Khan (PPP-SB), Hafiz Mohammad Naeem (MMA), Shoukat Khan, Altaf Husain Hali, Mohammad Arif (Tehrik-i-Insaf), Syed Iftekhar Husain, Abdullah Patni.

The main parties are: PPP, PML-Q, (SDA), MQM, Sunni Tehrik and Muttahida Majlis Amal.

PS-92: It comprises Shershah Colony, Haroonabad, SITE, SITE Labour Colony, Pak Modern Colony, Jahanabad Colony, Willayatabad Colony, Hasrat Mohani Colony, Chittagong Colony, Haji S.M. Goth, Asifabad Colony, Yaseen Zubairi Colony, Qadeemi Mohallah, Ghulam Mohammad Village, Badal Para, Khawaja Gharib Nawaz Village, Central Muslimabad, Ali Mohammad Village, Old Golimar, Husain Aulia Village, Rexer Lane, Mistri Khan Village, United Colony United Colony, Muslimabad, Jahanabad, Shershah Village, Mianwali Colony, Old Golimar, Shershah Colony around Toor Baba Road, Urdu Bazar Road, Akbar Road.

There are also 14 candidates in the run on this constituency. They are Shabbir Qureshi (PPP), Shamaila Abbas (SDA), Mohammad Hamid Siddiqui (MMA), Habibur Rehman (PML-Q), Abdul Sattar Ansari (MQM), Sultan Ahmed Ansari (PML-N), Liaquat Ali, Mohammad Ahmed Khan, Asmatullah Khan Niazi (Tehrik-i-Insaf), Sher Mohammad (SDA), Abdul Saeed Qureshi (Sunni Tehrik), Mohammad Afzal, Shamshir Alam advocate and Nawaz Ali Dasti (PPP-SB).

The election trends on this seat varied because each candidate and party has a separate vote-bank and political influence.

However, the main contest on this seat is likely between the candidates of the PPP, SDA, MMA and the MQM.

NOTE: It's an OLD article

http://archives.dawn.com/2002/10/02/local15.htm

waqar goraya
29th March 2013, 01:00
From today's Dawn newspaper

Two persons namely Abdul Aleem Khan and Mansha Sindhu are the most suitable candidates to win elections because they have a muscle but both do not have good reputation and are typical politicians,specially Mansha Sindhu has been twice MPA and last time he lost on Q Ticket by a tiny margin,but PTI leadership is quite hesitant to award him ticket because of his alleged involvment in many crimes...

^^Even Zaheer Abbas Khokhar, potential candidate from NA-128 doesn't have very good reputation(allegedly known as land mafia group). Afzal Khokhar won National Assembly seat from NA-128 and they are also notorious for their land grabbing. They should bring forth new, educated lot rather relying on tried and tested faces.

Another good candidate is Ghulam Sarwar Khan of NA-53,this man has around 50,000 of his personal votes....He is the only person who has defeated Chaudhry Nisar in 25 years of polictics.....But then again he is facing a case for fake degree....

So,there are many constituencies where PTI has a strong candidate but those candidates do not enjoy good reputation

waqar goraya
29th March 2013, 01:03
Insaftk what would you say regarding candidates like Abdul Aleem Khan,Mansha Sindhu,Khokhar and Ghulam Sarwar khan?

Its ideology vs strong candidates here:)

insaftak
29th March 2013, 01:07
^^

depends on who gets the provincial assembly tickets.. My constituency NA 50 we have a new candidate in Sadaqaat Abbassi. Lets see if he can beat the another giant from PMLN who has been winning for last 2 decades from here.

Red Devil
29th March 2013, 08:57
Here's hoping Imran beats and shuts up Haneef Abbasi for good...

Waseem
29th March 2013, 09:52
Here's hoping Imran beats and shuts up Haneef Abbasi for good...

Hanif Abbasi "Meri aadat hai logon ki zamaanat zabt karwanay ki aur main Imran Khan k saath bhi yehi karonga" :po::po: I want this idiot to be caged forever more than anything, don't care about other seats but Imran MUST win this one.

It was good to see Hamid Mir shutting up Abbasi with a reminder of Ephedrine case and asked him not to be over confident.

Red Devil
29th March 2013, 10:25
The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) announced the names of party candidates for the national and provincial assemblies in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to contest the forthcoming general elections. The PTI Khyber Pakhtunkhwa chapter in a press release said that the list of the names of party candidates in the 35 national assembly and 99 provincial assembly seats would soon be released.

According to a list finalised in a meeting of the party central and provincial Parliamentary Boards, the party central Chairman Imran Khan himself would contest the election from the national assembly (NA-1), Khalid Masood NA-2, party central general secretary NA-5, and party provincial chief Asad Qaiser will contest both at the national and provincial assembly seats NA-13 and PK-35. The PTI Peshawar Region, President, Atif Khan also got party ticket for NA-9, and PK-30, Sheryar Afridi NA-14, Raja Amir NA-19, while candidates for NA-3 and NA-4 are yet to finalise.

Similarly, for the provincial assembly seats the party candidates Saleem Jan PK-1, Younas Zaheer Mohmand PK-2, Javid Nasim PK-3, Arif Yousaf PK-4, Yaseen Khalil PK-5, Haji Fazal Elahi PK-6, Mahmood Jan PK-7, Jehanzeb Khan PK-8, Tahir Raees PK-9, Shah Farman PK-10, and Ishtiaq Urmar PK-11 will contest the election from the district Peshawar. Likewise, Yousaf Ayub PK-50, Fazal Jamal PK-51, Fazal Hakeem PK-80, and Muhammad Zeb PK-83 will be party candidates in the next election. The remaining names of party candidates in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA will be finalised in a meeting soon.

http://www.brecorder.com/general-news/172/1168485/

MVP26
29th March 2013, 10:35
So Imran will be contesting from my constituency in Pindi :). I know where my family will be voting.

Also surprised Javed Hashmi isnt contesting from Pindi. He should have gone up against Ch Nisar.

Waseem
29th March 2013, 11:47
http://e.jang.com.pk/03-29-2013/lahore/images/1714.gif

Now that's yet another interesting contest :-)

0tt0man
29th March 2013, 12:26
Wow! Shahbaz Sharif is the potential PM candidate from PML(N)'s side.
IK vs Khadim-e-Ala in Mianwali. Things just got a lot more interesting.

Red Devil
29th March 2013, 15:00
Sharifs advised not to run against Imran

PESHAWAR / LAHORE:
The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has hinted that neither Nawaz Sharif nor Shahbaz Sharif would contest the forthcoming elections against Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan from Lahore.

According to sources, the party’s senior leadership, during a meeting of its parliamentary board, strongly advised the Sharif brothers against contesting elections from constituencies where Imran Khan would be standing.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/528149/threatened-sharifs-advised-not-to-run-against-imran/

waqar goraya
29th March 2013, 15:21
A Pakistan Muslim LeagueNawaz candidate on Thursday obtained nomination papers for Shahbaz Sharif for NA-71 the home ground of Tehreek-iInsaf chief Imran Khan.

Former MPA Ali Haider Noor Khan, a PML-N candidate for PP-45, told Dawn that he got nomination papers for Shahbaz Sharif who would like to throw down the gauntlet to Imran Khan in NA-71.

He said the PML-N leader stood a bright chance of winning the election as he had visited the constituency (NA71) many times, especially during floods. He said the flood-hit could not forget the efforts Mr Sharif had put in to help them rehabilitate.

Imran contested his first general election from NA-71 in 1997 and won by securing 17,859 votes. In 2002, he bagged 66,737 and won the only PTI seat in the National Assembly.

Source;Dawn News

insaftak
29th March 2013, 23:47
^^

ShadiKhel The drug kingpin billionaire from Mianwali has joined PMLN and is fully backing PMLN. but they can't beat us there. We have almost all influential people backing us. Need to Keep khattaks of Mianwali away from them.

insaftak
29th March 2013, 23:58
This guy is our candidate against Raja Pervez Ashraf. He has given up his british nationality to contest against Raja Rental.

Raja vs RajaRental... May the better raja win.

http://www.pothwar2day.com/images/Farhat-Faheem-Bhatti.JPG

insaftak
30th March 2013, 00:00
^^

make that a 3 way fight in Gujar khan as Raja Javed Ikhlas might get PMLN ticket...

waqar goraya
30th March 2013, 00:03
PTI will award tickets to people with good reputation: Imran

Pakistan Tehrik-i -Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan has said that his party is awarding tickets to people with good reputation.

Addressing the launching of “Naya Pakistan Fund” in Islamabad on Friday he said that tickets would be given only on merit.

He pledged to award 25 per cent of the tickets to youth of up-to 35 years of age. The PTI chief said that the party would provide financial assistance to educated youth to contest the elections through the fund.

He said the fund will be used transparently and its audit will be carried out by the best audit firm. He appealed to the people in the country and abroad to donate in this fund for making a new Pakistan.
Imran Khan reiterated his position that the PTI would not enter into electoral alliance with any party, however he said that seat adjustments are possible in some constituencies.

Referring to his meeting with caretaker Punjab Chief Minister Najam Sethi, he said that the only thing that he demanded was that Sethi conduct free, fair and transparent elections.

From Dawn News

waqar goraya
30th March 2013, 00:06
^^

make that a 3 way fight in Gujar khan as Raja Javed Ikhlas might get PMLN ticket...

Raja Rental have bought enough votes already i think...

During his premiership he was doing his constituency politics..

waqar goraya
30th March 2013, 00:10
So,PTI aur Imran k chahna walo contribute in Naya Pakistan Fund as much as you can...This fund will be used during election campaign..

Insaftk,any idea about mode of donations/payments for this fund?

saadibaba
30th March 2013, 00:13
^^^

I will contribute if I know with absolute certainty that none of my money will go towards paying that famous DJ at all the PTI jalsa's.

Xohaib
30th March 2013, 00:30
^^^

I will contribute if I know with absolute certainty that none of my money will go towards paying that famous DJ at all the PTI jalsa's.

he is only in big Jalsas,he will be in Karachi,but for that we have different fund.

waqar goraya
30th March 2013, 00:37
Saadibaba,Is he not a part of campaign?

taq12345
30th March 2013, 00:43
This guy is our candidate against Raja Pervez Ashraf. He has given up his british nationality to contest against Raja Rental.

Raja vs RajaRental... May the better raja win.

http://www.pothwar2day.com/images/Farhat-Faheem-Bhatti.JPG

Man, where do you find this stuff from?

Friend786
30th March 2013, 04:14
LAHORE: Pakistan’s two former cricket legends Imran Khan and Sarfaraz Nawaz will compete in general election from a Lahore constituency.

Former fast bowler and MQM leader Sarfaraz Nawaz announced on Thursday that he would run for National Assembly election from NA-126 Lahore against former all-rounder and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan.

He said that he would submit his nomination papers on Friday. Mr Nawaz would also contest election from NA-48 Islamabad and has submitted his nomination papers.

Sarfaraz was elected as the MPA from a Lahore constituency in the past.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/article-94274-Imran,-Sarfaraz-to-fight-for-NA-126

:facepalm:

Bewal Express
30th March 2013, 04:50
Man, where do you find this stuff from?

Does he have a chance against Raja Rental?

Saudi
30th March 2013, 05:08
http://www.thenews.com.pk/article-94274-Imran,-Sarfaraz-to-fight-for-NA-126

:facepalm:

Daaikhain jeee

saadibaba
30th March 2013, 05:19
he is only in big Jalsas,he will be in Karachi,but for that we have different fund.

I want solid proof.

Saadibaba,Is he not a part of campaign?

He is, but he is doing more damage than good. esp. to people's ear drums.

waqar goraya
30th March 2013, 11:08
^
Atleast he is doing some good :P i also find him bizarre most times ..particularly when a leader is delivering his speech ,it feels irritating..but i guess there is nothing wrong in keeping the youth engaged prior to speech section of the jalsa...People standing tired there for hours need some dose to keep themselves awake....but an orator should depend on his own speech abilities than on Music to keep the listeners engaged and roaring :)

Red Devil
30th March 2013, 12:54
Meera to contest Elections against Imran Khan in NA-126 :facepalm:

Badsha
30th March 2013, 13:00
How does Meera qualify? Don't you need a degree or something?

Red Devil
30th March 2013, 18:46
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I am filing papers from NA 252 and PS 112, need support</p>&mdash; Imran Ismail (@ImranIsmailPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranIsmailPTI/status/317981081058025472">March 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

waqar_ahmad
30th March 2013, 20:06
HEC rejects Chaudhry Nisar’s intermediate certificate

http://www.samaa.tv/newsdetail.aspx?ID=63974&CID=1

ISLAMABAD: The Higher Education Commission (HEC) on Saturday rejected the intermediate certificate of senior PML-N leader Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, terming it inaccurate, SAMAA reports.

According to sources, Nisar submitted Cambridge University’s certificate on a plain paper.

Manzoor Watto’s name is also listed among those whose educational certificates are allegedly bogus. Former state minister Ghulam Fareed Kathia also adorned the list.

HEC sources further say that degrees of Samina Khalid Ghurki and Hamid Nasir Chatha are also doubtful. In addition, former MQM MPA Syed Sardar Ahmed’s degree is also suspicious.

Tomorrow will be the last day for the verification of educational documents. - SAMAA

shehzi
30th March 2013, 20:15
A clean sweep

In its 65-year history, Pakistan has accomplished a number of remarkable achievements and, at the same time, suffered from as many – if not more – painful failures. The one lesson the entire nation seems to have collectively learnt is that the rise and fall of our country’s fortunes is directly linked to the quality and competence of the political leadership of the time. It takes decades for a nation to work out a system where only the best and brightest ascend to power and steer the destiny of the nation in one direction or another.

Countries that are heavyweights in the balance of power today realised long ago that a strong and prosperous future lay in ensuring that the reins of political power and leadership be handed down consistently to the brightest, most honest, and competent citizens. With time they also realised that the chances of finding the best increases when access to political power is available to all, rather than being the domain of a privileged few.

Thus, an African American – a minority in his country – raised by a single parent from the American middle class is, today, the president of the United States. A hydraulic engineer from a poor family with a small tea trading business is currently the president of China, while the son of a social worker and an ear, nose, and throat doctor is the president of France.

The son of an ironworker, grocer, barber, and blacksmith who also taught the Quran; himself a PhD in transportation engineering and planning, is currently the president of Iran. The president of Turkey is a PhD in Economics and the son of a retired air force mechanic, while the prime minister of the same country, as a teenager, used to sell lemonade and sesame buns on the streets of Istanbul to earn extra money.

In Pakistan, until the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s recent intraparty elections, politics was solely the domain of a small group of wealthy political elite. Well aware that the only qualification they had for retaining political authority was their wealth, this ruling elite left no stone unturned in looting and plundering this country. Momentary respite would arrive in the form of ‘well-meaning’ military dictators, each of whom would try their own unique formulae for the country’s prosperity with mixed short-term results.

Thus, until the PTI’s intraparty elections, there was no room for ordinary Pakistanis in politics. While the downtrodden have been suppressed to an extent that they are incapable of even dreaming of having access to power in this country, honest, capable and hardworking Pakistanis, lucky to be born into some privilege, lack the requisite dishonesty required for politics in Pakistan regardless of their academic and career achievements.

However, all of this has changed after Imran Khan, through the PTI’s intraparty elections, grabbed Pakistani politics by the horns and steered it in a direction it has never treaded before in the last 65 years. And, as a result, on January 30th, Humayun Chacha, a tailor by profession and a daily-wage earner, was elected district president of PTI Kohat.

Waheed Murad, a poor peasant farmer, beat a powerful businessman and landlord to become the PTI’s Attock district president. In Rawalpindi, a son of a retired army officer and a graduate from Imperial College London, who also captained the college’s prestigious cricket team was elected PTI union council vice-president. Rehan Khan, a painter and a daily wager, looking after his 103-year-old father was elected the PTI district president in Abbottabad.

Imagine the effect of results such as these on the people of this country at the grass roots. Family members, relatives and neighbours of tailors, rickshaw drivers, daily wagers, gatekeepers and peasants are for the first time associating titles such as ‘president’, ‘vice-president’ and ‘joint-secretary’ with someone they know.

The victory of ordinary people over the rich and mighty in these party elections have captured the imagination of the masses and shattered the mental and physical barriers put up by rulers. For the first time in their lives, ordinary people voted for other ordinary people and saw them win. The power of their vote has finally sunk in.

In terms of preparation for the upcoming general elections, the PTI’s intra-party elections already handed the party a clear lead over the opposition. And all this even before the official party election campaign had started.

The party elections were based on Nadra’s voter-registration system and there was thus a rush to get people’s ID cards made and votes registered, leaving the vast majority of the PTI’s members prepared to cast their votes for the PTI in the upcoming general elections.

Billboards, advertising materials all advertised the PTI’s name and colours, with Imran’s face on them. And all this took place all across the country including Fata and Balochistan, well ahead of any signs of any election campaign by other parties in the country.

Therefore, next time Imran speaks of a clean sweep, do not dismiss it as an idealistic, political and motivational slogan. Rather understand the deep impact the PTI’s intra-party elections have had on all segments of the Pakistani society. The PTI has already swept the imagination of the masses; the clean sweep is only a general election away.

The writer is a member of the PTI.Email: zirgham@gmail.comTweets: @znafridis
http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-9-168245-A-clean-sweep

srh
30th March 2013, 20:24
Express news is saying it will be very hard for Imran Khan to win against Hanif Abbasi in Rawalpindi.

http://express.com.pk/epaper/PoPupwindow.aspx?newsID=1101799434&Issue=NP_LHE&Date=20130330

May be Imran Khan should have given ticket to Javed Hashmi from this seat as he was very esteemed member of PML-N before and would have got some PML-N votes.

srh
30th March 2013, 20:48
Sarfraz Nawaz will leave MQM to contest election against Imran Khan in NA-126 in Lahore. MQM has already decided that Begum Tahira Asif will be their candidate from this seat and has refused to take back this decision and select Sarfraz Nawaz instead as their candidate from this seat.

http://www.nawaiwaqt.com.pk/E-Paper/Lahore/2013-03-30/page-3/detail-18

LOL. Sarfraz Nawaz never backs down.

srh
30th March 2013, 20:57
A suggestion: Imran Khan should have given party ticket from NA-140 to Sardar Asif Ahmed Ali (ex Pakistan foreign minister) and from NA-142 to Khurshid Kasuri (ex Pakistan foreign minister). This way both of them would have remain in party and both would have won their seats.
http://www.nawaiwaqt.com.pk/E-Paper/Lahore/2013-03-30/page-4/detail-9

waqar_ahmad
30th March 2013, 21:08
^ I agree with this. That way Kasur would have gone to PTI.

waqar_ahmad
30th March 2013, 22:19
Imran should have been more logical in Kasur. Kasur could so easily have been PTI's. THere are 2 NA seats, and kasuri and Asif Ahmed Ali could have taken one each

Miscalculation there by PTI

0tt0man
30th March 2013, 22:29
I believe both were adamant they wanted to contest from the same constituency.
The issue should've been resolved in a peaceful manner. The situation that has arisen is a failure on part of PTI.

waqar_ahmad
30th March 2013, 22:32
^ Agreed. Complete failure of PTI top leadership. The problem is that Kasuri group won the intra party elections in kasur, and that's why all seats were given to them.

We shouldnt forget that Sardar Asif has defeated Kasuri in the past, and that may very well happen again. If I were Imran, I would still try to get Asif back. I dont know him much, but from what I have seen, he seems to be a better person than kasuri. But I may be wrong

0tt0man
30th March 2013, 22:40
Well frankly, I liked neither of the signings from Kasur. Both had dubious roles when they were part of their respective governments.

Sardar Asif Ahmed Ali got the anti-Musharraf vote afaik. Khurshid Kasuri is certainly the more influential of the two.

waqar_ahmad
30th March 2013, 22:47
Being dubious is a separate debate though. As long as they dont have any criminal cases, finanacial cases, then it's fine.

Close family members of Kasuri were NOT happy with Imran in the beginning. They wanted to continue traditional politics, and Imran didnt allow that. However, the very same family sources told us (me and my friends) that they have fallen in line now. They have understood Imran's message and point of view and were fully backing him.

Imran has always maintained that those who want to stay in PTI, will have to accept and follow the party;s direction. And this is one such example

Runner Up
30th March 2013, 22:56
Sarfraz Nawaz will leave MQM to contest election against Imran Khan in NA-126 in Lahore. MQM has already decided that Begum Tahira Asif will be their candidate from this seat and has refused to take back this decision and select Sarfraz Nawaz instead as their candidate from this seat.

http://www.nawaiwaqt.com.pk/E-Paper/Lahore/2013-03-30/page-3/detail-18

LOL. Sarfraz Nawaz never backs down.

I didn't get it.

0tt0man
30th March 2013, 23:21
@waqar_ahmed
Yes I understand that. But I can't help dislike people with questionable roles. Especially if they never publicly regretted their actions.

Anyway, unconfirmed news from NA-53 (my constituency) is that Ghulam Sarwar hasn't filed his nomination papers yet. His fake degree case will be done and dusted with soon enough.

Old time PTI members Mansoor Siddiqui (NA-53) and Khawaja Imtiaz(PP-8) are expected to contest. The former returned from abroad after the 30th Oct jalsa to organize the party in this locality.

waqar_ahmad
30th March 2013, 23:34
^ Which party ws GHulam Sarwar going to get the ticket from?

NA-53, is that Wah Cantt?

saadibaba
31st March 2013, 00:41
^ Agreed. Complete failure of PTI top leadership. The problem is that Kasuri group won the intra party elections in kasur, and that's why all seats were given to them.

We shouldnt forget that Sardar Asif has defeated Kasuri in the past, and that may very well happen again. If I were Imran, I would still try to get Asif back. I dont know him much, but from what I have seen, he seems to be a better person than kasuri. But I may be wrong

Saw Sardar Asif on a talk show, he was saying that intra party elections were rigged and an independent committee set afterwards came to the same conclusion, but no new elections happened and based on the results of the disputed elections, ticket was given to Kasuri. He still was praising IK for being honest and man of his word. I felt he still has a soft spot for IK and PTI. Too bad he had to leave like that. He comes across as an upright guy. Maybe he won't win against Kasuri but surely will make it a tough fight there. I personally would take him over Kasuri any day of the week.

0tt0man
31st March 2013, 02:00
^ Which party ws GHulam Sarwar going to get the ticket from?

NA-53, is that Wah Cantt?
PTI of course! I hope the PTI committee decided at last he was far too controversial. That's why the other candidates submitted their nomination papers. That's all guesswork for now.
He was Overseas minister during Musharraf's rule. Defeated Ch. Nisar in 2002.

Taxila and Wah, yes.

waqar_ahmad
31st March 2013, 02:02
^ What's the situation like in Wah and Taxila? How good are PTI's chances there?

Also, just watching Talat's show, and thre are serious problems in hazara for PTI as well. The most popular people are not being given tickets there. Dont know whats going on. First Kasur, and now Hazara. Someone needs to shed some light on this

0tt0man
31st March 2013, 02:08
Our area has the highest literacy rate in Pakistan. PTI is the clear winner but my worries are mostly concerned with the candidate from our area.

I would've voted for Ghulam Sarwar regardless because my sight is on the 'greater good'. Some people in my area aren't that convinced but we have little alternatives anyway.

insaftak
31st March 2013, 02:33
^^

It seems all overseas pakistanis are contesting from Potohar Region... In Jehlum one guy gave up his US citizenship, In Gujar Khan Farhat Faheem gave up his british citizenship.. Brand new guys!

zimmz
31st March 2013, 02:50
Saw Sardar Asif on a talk show, he was saying that intra party elections were rigged and an independent committee set afterwards came to the same conclusion, but no new elections happened and based on the results of the disputed elections, ticket was given to Kasuri. He still was praising IK for being honest and man of his word. I felt he still has a soft spot for IK and PTI. Too bad he had to leave like that. He comes across as an upright guy. Maybe he won't win against Kasuri but surely will make it a tough fight there. I personally would take him over Kasuri any day of the week.

Yep Sardar seems to be better guy personality wise but Azam swati had filed a case against him in court with corruption charges so who knows what the real story behind.
I would also prefer him over Kasuri. IK has said this many times that all the districts where complaints of rigging were register, re-election will be done but only after national election as there was no more time for party to do it before 11 May.

Unfortunately for Sardar Asif the tickets are recommended by winners in intra party and this rule can't be bent in favor of losers otherwise PTI would be making mockery of party constitution. The only consoltation could have come from Kasuri himself i.e. to let Asif contest second NA seat from Kasur but not every one is generous in politics.

I see no solution but IK must clear himself of the claims made by Sardar Asif..why he gave his word of party ticket to Asif. If he deny this then that would alreadyy show Asif as lier and i would say good riddence.

PakistanPaindabad
31st March 2013, 02:50
^ What's the situation like in Wah and Taxila? How good are PTI's chances there?

Also, just watching Talat's show, and thre are serious problems in hazara for PTI as well. The most popular people are not being given tickets there. Dont know whats going on. First Kasur, and now Hazara. Someone needs to shed some light on this

whoever doesnt get a ticket will complain and our media will show that..sadly they do more of that with PTI than any other party..

Countless shows on Inamullah Niazi and Sardar Asif but hardly any shows on whats going on with PML(N) and PPP..they are facing similar issues

waqar goraya
31st March 2013, 02:54
PTI of course! I hope the PTI committee decided at last he was far too controversial. That's why the other candidates submitted their nomination papers. That's all guesswork for now.
He was Overseas minister during Musharraf's rule. Defeated Ch. Nisar in 2002.

Taxila and Wah, yes.

Ghulam Sarwar is facing fake degree case ...So,his nomination papers were than likely to be rejected...

But he was the only hope to beat Ch. Nisar as he has thousands of his personal votes..

0tt0man
31st March 2013, 03:00
Ghulam Sarwar is facing fake degree case ...So,his nomination papers were than likely to be rejected...

But he was the only hope to beat Ch. Nisar as he has thousands of his personal votes..
He had his biradree vote bank with him. But that's what PTI wants to change. Vote in such large numbers so that the 'sheep' vote doesn't come into the equation.

This isn't Ch. Nisar's original constituency. He contests from the Chakri area (NA-52 I think?). He won from both places last time but let go of the Chakri seat because Ghulam Sarwar had every chance of getting re-elected from here.

But not now. :sami

waqar goraya
31st March 2013, 03:12
I guess we still have a hope....If Ghulam Sarwar remains in PTI and supports PTI candidate to take his revenge from Ch. Nisar then it would be good for PTI and Ghulam Sarwar as well..

PTI's reputation will not be damaged and moreover Ghulam Sarwar's baradari votes will make it a lot tougher for Nisar to win from here!

0tt0man
31st March 2013, 03:16
That would be the ideal scenario. But GS is one of the biggest turncoats you'll ever lay eyes on.

waqar goraya
31st March 2013, 03:28
^^
What will he do if he does not contest elections..tomorrow is the last date for it..Will he still sit idol if is not allowed to contest because of illegibility

Will not he support his current party rather than switching his royalty for nothing..I think PTI should also consult him before nominating someone....

insaftak
31st March 2013, 03:34
:P

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/484106_622757301073317_1583395131_n.jpg

waqar goraya
31st March 2013, 03:41
The PTI press release,it will make it clear who is running for party ticket..

insaftak
31st March 2013, 03:44
According to Nursat Javed Waleed Iqbal is being shipped out to Bhakkar. a constituency right next to Mianwali

waqar goraya
31st March 2013, 03:48
^
Because PTI have a sound base there ?

But tomorrow is the last date

insaftak
31st March 2013, 03:53
^^

We have decent support there plus if there is wave it is likely to start from that region considering people will be backing one of their own in Imran Khan.

waqar goraya
31st March 2013, 03:59
Hmm wave....

I met couple of people today and asked them about elections....

The reply was that,"if we vote then we will vote for change"...

The difference is there after Imran and PTI's efforts but the change is still far...

waqar goraya
31st March 2013, 04:05
Insaftak, remember Mansha Sindhu :)

He is really a bad guy,i know their family personally very well......Even though i know their weaknesses but still i want him to be awarded ticket .....I think we need couple of bad guys too......Little bit of wrongdoing for the sake of overall well being is not too bad...

Party has decided to postpone the matter till ECP scrutiny finishes,i think they have done so only for these dubious characters:)

srh
31st March 2013, 05:04
I didn't get it.
* MQM decided to give its party ticket to Begum Tahira Asif from NA-126 Lahore.
* Sarfraz Nawaz asked MQM to take the party ticket from Begum Tahira Asif and give it to him instead.
* MQM refused.
* Sarfraz Nawaz is going to leave MQM and contest election from NA-126 Lahore as free candidate or on another party ticket.

waqar_ahmad
31st March 2013, 05:16
What's up with Hazara region, anyone?

Apparently, the people who won the intra party elections, and have strong backing, are not being given tickets there.

Black Zero
31st March 2013, 07:46
http://jang.com.pk/jang/mar2013-daily/30-03-2013/updates/3-30-2013_141401_1.gif

Black Zero
31st March 2013, 07:48
As per asif, Imran promised him (five times) ... but Ik failed to keep his words...

Asif termed IK as a liar...

my prediction, PTI will lose both seats....

shehzi
31st March 2013, 10:40
Ahmed raza maneka Joins PTI, will get ticket from NA 165 Pakpattan

arsalan660
31st March 2013, 10:54
* MQM decided to give its party ticket to Begum Tahira Asif from NA-126 Lahore.
* Sarfraz Nawaz asked MQM to take the party ticket from Begum Tahira Asif and give it to him instead.
* MQM refused.
* Sarfraz Nawaz is going to leave MQM and contest election from NA-126 Lahore as free candidate or on another party ticket.

Whoever MQM gives ticket to does not matter no chance for them from here.

It will be either IK vs PMLN and JI combined candidate (If this happens)

Badsha
31st March 2013, 11:22
I'm starting to get a bit worried. I'm hearing that some USELESS guy is being given the ticket in Nowshera (where I will vote) in preference to a guy who could've easily won and is also a helpful person.

Rumor has it the opportunist Parvez Khattak is pulling the strings.

Badsha
31st March 2013, 11:24
Also, we really need to form an alliance with JI. I'm disappointed that idea vanished.

arsalan660
31st March 2013, 12:38
If JI and PTI seat adjustment didn't not happen then PTI will be blamed for it.

abdulraheemsiddiqui
31st March 2013, 13:06
If JI and PTI seat adjustment didn't not happen then PTI will be blamed for it.

Surely, Jamat has strong position on barely 20,25 NA seats in whole Pakistan but PTI is putting up their main horses on these seats.
NA-1,NA-126,NA-250,NA-252 are few examples where Jamaat traditionally is strong and these seats are its only hope but out of these 4 on 2 of them IK is himself standing and on 250, 252 Dr. Arif Alvi and Imran Ismaeel want JI to withdraw in their favour.

shehzi
31st March 2013, 13:26
MQM Goes to United Nations Against Karachi Delimitation

Motahidda Qaumi Movement (MQM ALtaf) has submitted a written protest against constituency delimitation in Karachi. The delimitation was done by Election Commission under by the orders of Supreme Court on Karachi Violence case.

MQM seems to be afraid of loosing some of their seats in Karachi with new delimitations, and wants to keep the same constituencies that were defined under General Musharraf to accompany MQM against all other parties.

http://pkpolitics.com/2013/03/30/mqm-goes-to-united-nations-against-karachi-delimitation/

Badsha
31st March 2013, 13:38
Last date for registrations. Will we know all of PTI's candidates by tomorrow then?

Strike!
31st March 2013, 14:08
Any news on who will be contesting from Sahiwal?

arsalan660
31st March 2013, 14:51
Who is PTI candidates from Sialkot in Khwaja Asif constituency Is it Omer Dar or anyother.

Who is contesting in Bijwat in Firdous Ashiq Awan contituency.

waqar goraya
31st March 2013, 15:27

waqar goraya
31st March 2013, 15:33
Great moment!!

These kind of gestures could help him?

waqar goraya
31st March 2013, 15:34
Last date for registrations. Will we know all of PTI's candidates by tomorrow then?

Nah,final list will be made public after ECP scrutiny on 7th probably

Badsha
31st March 2013, 16:15
Nah,final list will be made public after ECP scrutiny on 7th probably

let's see if they have some cojones or not

waqar goraya
31st March 2013, 16:22
Imran and SMQ both told that meeting will be held on Monday and Tuesday for Party Tickets but final list will be published after ECP scrutiny...

We may have most of the decisions being made after Tuesday meeting

Red Devil
31st March 2013, 17:52
Overseas Pakistanis to cast votes through electronic device

ISLAMABAD: National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) has devised electronic voting software for facilitating overseas Pakistanis to cast their votes in the upcoming elections-2013, Geo News reported on Sunday.

NADRA Chairman, Tariq Malik said that the Supreme Court would be briefed tomorrow about this electronic voting mechanism.

Talking to Geo News, NADRA Chairman said that the political parties and Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) would also be taken into confidence relating to the use of this software enabling overseas Pakistanis casting their votes.

Tariq Malik said that his organization also helped ECP in devising a system for the scrutiny of the electoral candidates that would filter out the tax defaulters and dual nationals.

He said that over 20 million people have by now checked up their registration of votes through NADRA. NDRA could also help Higher Education Commission (HEC) in computerizing the records of the degrees.

http://www.geo.tv/GeoDetail.aspx?ID=94657

waqar goraya
31st March 2013, 19:35
^^^

Overseas Pakistanis`vote: ECP, Nadra for caution

Senior officials of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) and the National Database and Registration Authority (Nadra) believe that a decision in haste on the evolution of a mechanism that would enable overseas Pakistanis to cast their votes in the coming general elections would open a room for manipulation of results in many constituencies.

Talking to Dawn, the officials said they were ready to implement orders of the Supreme Court, but admitted that they were facing serious problems in finding ways to make the process transparent.

A bench of the Supreme Court headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry had directedthe secretaries of law and justice, information technology, foreign affairs, ministry of oversees Pakistanis and the ECP as well as the chairman of Nadra to make coordinated efforts for devising a mechanism which would enable oversees Pakistanis to cast their votes in the elections.

The officials concerned held a meeting at the Nadra headquarters on Friday to work out measures in line with the court`s directive. Various options were weighed, but none of them found to be practicable.

Technical experts in the ECP and the Nadra pointed out that a minor error could sabotage the whole electoral exercise since none of the proposed mechanisms hadbeen tested so far.

`Options like putting database on website compromise privacy and are prone to hacking and misuse. There are legal and diplomatic hitches as well. We will have very limited time available to complete the exercise if the court gives a final directive,` an official said. He said two-thirds of the expatriates were in Saudi Arabia and the UAE.

According to data, out of the 4.5 million overseas Pakistan enrolled in voters` lists, 1.7m live in Saudi Arabia, 1.3m in the UAE, 277,131 in Oman, 131,589 in Kuwait and 80,166 in Bahrain.

He said since most of these countries did not allow political activities, the assembly of Pakistanis inlarge number at diplomatic missions of Pakistan was out of question and might invite troubles.

There are 367,988 registered Pakistani voters in the UK, 131,589 in the USA, 90,148 in Canada, 56,495 in Greece, 55,851 in Malaysia, 39,618 in Spain, 23,585 in France and 15,728 in Australia.

Given the concentration of overseas Pakistanis from some specific areas of Pakistan, their votes can have a significant impact on some of their native constituencies if the right is exercised in a transparent manner.

However, a misuse could seriously be damaging, an official warned.

The Nadra`s IT experts in their report submitted before the Supreme Court say the option of`internet voting` will bring electoral rolls over web, exposing them to dangers of hacking which cannot be mitigated within the short time given for polling. Besides, internet voting cannot have a secure `identity confirmation` and it will also compromise the privacy of voters.

The report says such confirmation can only be ensured through biometric verification. In the absence of identity confirmation, the possibility of casting vote against someone else`s identity cannot be ruled out.

The other proposed option discussed was voice signature. There is no database available in the country where voice signatures are tagged with national identity cards issued to overseas Pakistanis.

This report is from (30/3/13)Yesterday's Dawn newspaper......

They have found all the answers in one day..:14:

Looney
1st April 2013, 05:44
Amazing video about the importance of voting . Should be played on tv just to get people to vote .

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151590876074750" width="1280" height="720" frameborder="0"></iframe>

PetroDollars
1st April 2013, 12:57
So bara ganja is contesting from NA-120, who from PTI is going against him

Cant believe IK has missed this opportunity to go head on against him, even if he lost he would have won in other areas BUT if bara ganja lost it will be an ultimate besti for him.

Waseem
1st April 2013, 15:13
http://e.dunya.com.pk/news/2013/April/2013-04-01/GUJ/detail_img/263293_93226234.jpg

Hope he doesn't get elected unopposed

Red Devil
1st April 2013, 18:44
http://e.dunya.com.pk/news/2013/April/2013-04-01/LHR/detail_img/263135_35312532.jpg

Saaf Rafiq vs. Imran Khan

Red Devil
1st April 2013, 19:10
http://e.dunya.com.pk/news/2013/April/2013-04-01/LHR/detail_img/262899_86260441.jpg

Mushy vs. Baghi

0tt0man
1st April 2013, 19:32
http://images.geo.tv/updates_pics/4-1-2013_94806_l.jpg
LAHORE: The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) will announce tickets for its candidates from Punjab for the general elections on Tuesday.

According to a spokesman for the PTI, they were facing difficulties as a large number of candidates wished to contest election under the umbrella of the PTI.

He said that efforts for reconciliation between Sardar Asif Ahmed Ali and Khursheed Mahmood Qasuri were being made and hoped the issue would be resolved soon.

Geo News (http://www.geo.tv/GeoDetail.aspx?ID=94806)

insaftak
1st April 2013, 19:38
So bara ganja is contesting from NA-120, who from PTI is going against him

Cant believe IK has missed this opportunity to go head on against him, even if he lost he would have won in other areas BUT if bara ganja lost it will be an ultimate besti for him.

Omer Zaheer meer, some butt guy ex MPA from PPP, Farukh Habis ISF Pakistan and Waleed Iqbal are potential candidates from here..

shehzi
1st April 2013, 21:04
SAAD RAFIQ :
My wife has withdrawn from contesting elections - also Maryam nawaz will also not contest elections, we are finishing this dynasty politics

Badsha
1st April 2013, 21:15
SAAD RAFIQ :
My wife has withdrawn from contesting elections - also Maryam nawaz will also not contest elections, we are finishing this dynasty politics

Bara jaldi yaad aya tum nooro ko

shehzi
1st April 2013, 21:28
Omer cheema :
Dear All, there is a news circulating on Social Media that Omer Cheema confirmed that he is going to contest elections from NA 125.

Yes i filled my nomination papers from NA-125 but party ticket is not announced yet. I am hopeful that i will get it but rest is up to the Parliamentary board

Badsha
1st April 2013, 22:24
Classic show on Express with Shahzaib.

The language "Kanjr" was used :D and things got really heated between APML and Afia siddiques sister which forced them to cut the show and take a break.

waqar_ahmad
1st April 2013, 22:30
He said that efforts for reconciliation between Sardar Asif Ahmed Ali and Khursheed Mahmood Qasuri were being made and hoped the issue would be resolved soon.

This is good news. PTI must get all Kasur seats. This will be a test of PTI's political management, and if they can get both of them together, it will be good news for PTI

Bashira_taeli
1st April 2013, 23:01
Electoral trends: PPP appears loosening grip on fortress

The Pakistan People’s Party swept the 2008 elections in its traditional stronghold of rural Sindh, thanks largely to the massive wave of sympathy generated by the assassination of Benazir Bhutto and the enduring mystique of the Bhutto clan. This time, however, the PPP may be in for a fight.

According to many Sindhi writers and intellectuals, gone are the days – if they ever existed in the first place – when votes in Sindh could be won based on ideological belief and political affiliation. These analysts predict that this time around, it is the influence of local leaders and tribal chiefs that will determine who wins and loses in the upcoming polls.

Writer Shahab Osto scoffs at the PPP’s claim that it will sweep the election on the basis of its performance in the past five years and its age-old slogan of roti, kapra aur makan (food, clothing and shelter).

“People will not vote on the basis of political ideology or emotional attachment to the PPP,” says Osto. “Now, it is local influence at the constituency level that will matter and these feudals will cash in on it. We will see one evil or another winning the election.”
He adds that although Zulfikar Ali Bhutto’s ideology had previously attracted the people of Sindh, garnering sympathy votes from emotionally charged people, that is no longer enough.

“Since there is no concept of real governance and politicisation in Sindh, the people are in the grip of local influentials who, with the help of the police, still control the vast majority of people and can win the election,” he said.
According to Osto, General Ziaul Haq started the process of depoliticisation and, in doing so, made the individual more powerful than political parties.

“[The] State and its institutions are not empowered, political parties have no social agenda, and the PPP has squandered the unconditional support people extended to the Bhutto clan by cheating innocent people and not fulfilling their basic needs. Therefore, the majority of votes will now go into the pocket of influentials, irrespective of their party affiliations,” he says.

Today, it seems that political parties are catching on to these realities. Alongside the PPP, the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz and Pakistan Muslim League-Functional have also joined the race of approaching tribal and community heads, often overlooking jarring previous differences. With the carrot of stakes in the future government being dangled in front of them, major reshuffling can be witnessed these days as prominent people jump from one party to another.

For his part, veteran journalist Sohail Sangi claims that hardly 15% of votes are cast on a political or ideological basis, while the rest are cast on the basis of local influence.
“There has been nexus between criminals, police, law enforcers and influentials in rural Sindh. Whenever a person is kidnapped or arrested, he knocks at the influential’s door, who resolves all issues. This cycle goes on. Thus, people are bound to follow this person’s orders,” says Sangi.

However, he stresses that the situation in urban areas is totally different. There, parties matter more than personalities. “Yes, there is an ethnic and religious factor at work in Karachi too, but the MQM, Jamaat-e-Islami, and even PPP candidates, are mainly getting votes on the performance of their parties and programmes,” he says.

Zulfiqar Halepto, a columnist who closely follows Sindh politics, believes that the PPP has no towering personality left to command popular support. According to him, the party leadership has realized this, which is why they have also started approaching local heads.

Nevertheless, he says, history must not be completely ignored. The charismatic personality of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and the sacrifices rendered by him and his family are still dominant in the political sphere of Sindh. “I agree the PPP has not delivered much during its last three governments, but whenever the elections are held, the majority of people cast their votes for this party’s candidates, whether they are influential or not,” he says, referring to the late Pir Pagara, Nawab Sultan Khan Chandio and other tribal heads who lost their seats to PPP candidates in 1988 and 2008.

Writer and civil society activist Naseer Memon also says the Bhutto family has given the people of Singh little more than emotional slogans. He claims that in the upcoming set-up, the feudal leaders will play a dominant role.

“There is no ideological politics [anymore],” says Memon. “It can be a great opportunity for Sindhi nationalists to fill this gap and emerge as an alternative to the feudals, but it is most unfortunate that they have developed differences and have decided to contest elections against each other.”

Published in The Express Tribune, April 1st, 2013.

Kianig89
1st April 2013, 23:49
Omer Zaheer meer, some butt guy ex MPA from PPP, Farukh Habis ISF Pakistan and Waleed Iqbal are potential candidates from here..

What about NA-53,54 n 55...........i have heard Sadaqat Abbasi Hina Manzoor are constesting from here but HR has mentioned that they don't have a good repute........this will be difficult for PTI specially in 54 as they are up aganist Malik Abrar of N and Zamurrad Khan of PPP

Sir Vagabond
2nd April 2013, 00:42
Man these pakistan elections are gonna be fun. I support Sir Musharraf, the bold and charismatic general

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/30/article-2301565-190172CF000005DC-675_306x571.jpg

Saudi
2nd April 2013, 01:03
Whats Musharraf's goal here? The APML is not gonna win many seats. The most he can hope for is a personal seat for himself in the NA. Fair enough if thats what he wants but it just seems weird that he's putting his life in danger for not much reward...

Pak_Jazba
2nd April 2013, 01:17
Saw a show on Waqt News where the anchor took the streets of NA 52 and NA 54 (ithink) and was asking the common people there who they would vote for.
80% of them were going to vote for PML N, 15% said PTI, and the 5% were not interested in voting at all.

srh
2nd April 2013, 01:17
Whats Musharraf's goal here? The APML is not gonna win many seats. The most he can hope for is a personal seat for himself in the NA. Fair enough if thats what he wants but it just seems weird that he's putting his life in danger for not much reward...
Apparently Musharraf is ****** at people who he thinks back stabbed him and he has come back to Pakistan for revenge. The list of people who he thinks back stabbed him most likely includes Kayani, Chaudhry brothers and Zardari.

Saudi
2nd April 2013, 01:24
Apparently Musharraf is ****** at people who he thinks back stabbed him and he has come back to Pakistan for revenge. The list of people who he thinks back stabbed him most likely includes Kayani, Chaudhry brothers and Zardari.

Ok, thats one possibility. It has to be something like that to motivate him to leave behind a safe and lucrative career and move back into Pak politics.

waqar goraya
2nd April 2013, 01:33
Saw a show on Waqt News where the anchor took the streets of NA 52 and NA 54 (ithink) and was asking the common people there who they would vote for.
80% of them were going to vote for PML N, 15% said PTI, and the 5% were not interested in voting at all.

So,going by this we can have a turnout ratio above 90 percent :facepalm:

Even after so much sufferings there are always dihard PPP jiyalas/supporters..but surprisingly anchor did not find even one percent of PPP supporters:facepalm:

Anchor must be walking randomnly on roads or in bazar and he would have not met potential PTI supporters i.e working class and youth ...

Pak_Jazba
2nd April 2013, 01:43
So,going by this we can have a turnout ratio above 90 percent :facepalm:

Even after so much sufferings there are always dihard PPP jiyalas/supporters..but surprisingly anchor did not find even one percent of PPP supporters:facepalm:

Anchor must be walking randomnly on roads or in bazar and he would have not met potential PTI supporters i.e working class and youth ...

Yes. Anchor was largely questioning the middle/lower class of the area (i.e Taxi or bus drivers/ random people walking on the street).

That said, i suppose the middle/lower class is likely to outweigh the higher educated class in this area?. I Hope I'm wrong, but certainly there was a large fan base of PML N in that area.

waqar goraya
2nd April 2013, 01:56
I am not saying that PTI has a bigger vote Bank in Pindi than N league...

but one thing is certain that N league does not has 80 percent votebank ..that is just way out of proportion..

Middle class along with higher income people usually do not vote and turnout is mostly represented by low income ,less educated people...but this time we are expecting some of these traditional non-voters to come and vote for PTI mostly if all goes well....No doubt in lower income class N league is more famous

waqar_ahmad
2nd April 2013, 02:05
I would like to know who the anchor was. That will answer a lot of questions

0tt0man
2nd April 2013, 02:32
I doubt PTI has any presence in inner-city Rawalpindi. The traders community and 'aam aadmi' is too stauch a PML(N) supporter.
That's why PTI has its hope with Sheikh Rasheed. He can severely dent PML(N) in Pindi.

waqar_ahmad
2nd April 2013, 02:44
^ I think Insaf is from pindi and can throw some light on this

insaftak
2nd April 2013, 02:48
^^

I have to agree with Ottoman. We are bunch of Nooras in Pindi. Sorry I meant idiots :)

insaftak
2nd April 2013, 02:49
NA 54 we can beat them provided we give ticket to right candidate

waqar goraya
2nd April 2013, 02:55
Who are candidates for NA 54 for both PTI and N league?

0tt0man
2nd April 2013, 03:00
^Malik Abrar won last time. I'm sure he'll contest again. He's one of those members who never bothered raising their voice in the National Assembly :)

NA-54 has a mixed population and encompasses the Cantt area. People are generally educated and if we can somehow pull the PPP vote to ourselves, it's goodbye PML(N).

insaftak
2nd April 2013, 03:04
This Article 62-63 is hilarious.

I heard they were asking them about Kalmas and Duas today :))) :facepalm: :)))

Looney
2nd April 2013, 06:22
Afia Siddique`s family is a total drama

PetroDollars
2nd April 2013, 06:25
funny thing is that Afias sister is calling Mush a dicator when her mother wrote a letter to him in 1999 calling him the best leader in islamic ummat and pakistani history.

ddss
2nd April 2013, 06:53
Check out the site:

http://elections.insaf.pk

Badsha
2nd April 2013, 08:15
funny thing is that Afias sister is calling Mush a dicator when her mother wrote a letter to him in 1999 calling him the best leader in islamic ummat and pakistani history.

That woman (Musharrafs tout) was crazy. I wanted to smash my television.

Badsha
2nd April 2013, 08:16
As for Pindi it has historically been a Noora stronghold but we need to win from these strongholds to stand a chance in forming the government

Waseem
2nd April 2013, 09:21

I don't know if you are referring to Asma Sherazi's show a few days ago in Raja Bazar Rawalpindi. She is definitely a PMLN fan as she would ask anyone who said PTI, WHY do you support PTI and if they said PMLN, she would quietly move to next one r even say GOOD. She conducted a program in Gawal mandi lahore a few days ago and even said this when she met couple of PTI supporters "Mujhay tou ghabrahat ho rahi hai, yeh tou PMLN ka garh samjha jata tha".

Having said that, i think Rawalpindi is surely stronghold of PMLN as you can edit here and there but majority of people were still with PMLN. Same show in Lahore attracted lot more PTI supporters so i don't think there is much we can do in Rawalpindi.

waqar_ahmad
2nd April 2013, 10:07
I don't know if you are referring to Asma Sherazi's show a few days ago in Raja Bazar Rawalpindi. She is definitely a PMLN fan as she would ask anyone who said PTI, WHY do you support PTI and if they said PMLN, she would quietly move to next one r even say GOOD. She conducted a program in Gawal mandi lahore a few days ago and even said this when she met couple of PTI supporters "Mujhay tou ghabrahat ho rahi hai, yeh tou PMLN ka garh samjha jata tha".

Having said that, i think Rawalpindi is surely stronghold of PMLN as you can edit here and there but majority of people were still with PMLN. Same show in Lahore attracted lot more PTI supporters so i don't think there is much we can do in Rawalpindi.

This is exactly why I asked the poster who the anchor was. I suspected it was Asma Sherazi. And boy is she annoying

Waseem
2nd April 2013, 11:38
^^ But on the negative side, most people there are in love with Nawaz Sharif ONLY because he is supposed to be better than Zardari and Imran is considered a good person but he hasn't built any bridges or metro bus system according to them so they would vote for Sharif.

Anyway i also noticed there are plenty of pathans in Pindi wanting change and MOST of them support Imran.

Waseem
2nd April 2013, 11:39
Check this out guys, dawn has prepared this map that shows constituency profile with recent party positions and other information about population.

http://dawn.com/constituency-profile-party-position/

Kianig89
2nd April 2013, 11:45
So Meera will not be up against Imran Khan its Shafqat Mehmood

Kianig89
2nd April 2013, 11:48
NA 54 we can beat them provided we give ticket to right candidate

exactly im' from NA 54 and people are inclined to vote for ABrar of (N) here as he provided them the govt water supply, its going to be tough for PTI specially if that lady Hina Manzoor is their candidate as the PPP's Zammurad Khan is also a strong electable.......

Runner Up
2nd April 2013, 11:53
Go Musharraf Go. Go Musharraf Go..........

shehzi
2nd April 2013, 15:24
British aid is 'helping fund re-election campaign of Bhutto family' in Pakistan

Britain is giving £300m of taxpayers’ money to a controversial programme of cash handouts in Pakistan which is accused of bankrolling the re-election campaign of Benazir Bhutto’s former party

In evidence to a parliamentary inquiry, a leading development economist said the Benazir Income Support Programme was being used to buy support for Mrs Bhutto’s widower, President Asif Ali Zardari, and his party.

Ehtisham Ahmad, a visiting fellow at the London School of Economics, said Britain’s Department for International Development (DfID) was pouring money into a scheme riven by “clientelism”.

“It is not stolen to the extent to which previous cash transfers were stolen, but this is the mechanism - which is funded partly by DFID - to make friends and influence people. This is the re-election campaign of Mr Zardari, which is funded by DFID,” he said. “Well done.”

The Select Committee on International Development is due to publish its report into aid to Pakistan on Thursday.

Britain has rapidly expanded its assistance in recent years. Pakistan is on course to become the biggest recipient of UK aid, receiving £450m per year by 2015.

The programme has many critics. Pakistan has one of the smallest tax bases in the world and two-thirds of its politicians pay no income tax at all, yet the country can still afford an expanding nuclear arsenal.

Cash handouts are one of the key planks of British aid. Half the £300m will be given to families to help lift them out of poverty, while the rest will be used to encourage parents to send children to school.

A checklist is used to identify those in need and the government of Pakistan is spending more than £2bn over the next five years.

The programme is despised by opposition parties who complain its name means many people believe the money comes from the Bhutto family rather than the government.

It has been hit by repeated allegations of corruption and claims that officials from the Pakistan People’s Party – now led by Mrs Bhutto’s son Bilawal – have obtained lists of beneficiaries for follow-up visits in which families are told to remember where the cash has come from when they vote.

“The fact that it is called Benazir Income Support Programme tends to suggest that there is what is called clientelism,” Dr Ahmad, who held several senior positions at the IMF, told The Daily Telegraph. “The more you give the more benefit there is to the party that bears the Bhutto name.”

Critics such as Imran Khan, the former cricketer who has made corruption the centre of his push to become prime minister, also warn that Britain’s surge in aid will not produce sustainable results. The hundreds of millions of pounds remove any incentive for the Pakistani government to introduce unpopular tax reforms, he says.

He told The Daily Telegraph that BISP was nothing more than a scam to “buy votes”.

The issue has become particularly heated as the country prepares for elections on May 11.

The biggest opposition party, the PML-N, said it would overhaul the scheme and rename it the National Support Programme to avoid the taint of politicking. In a dossier of allegations, it concluded the programme was riddled with “rampant corruption, nepotism and embezzlement”.

A spokesman for DfID said the UK was politically impartial in Pakistan.

“Our development assistance is based on need and effectiveness, not politics,” he said. “The Benazir Income Support Programme Act was unanimously passed and supported by all political parties in Pakistan.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/9964792/British-aid-is-helping-fund-re-election-campaign-of-Bhutto-family-in-Pakistan.html

Badsha
2nd April 2013, 20:54
On "Karachi mera hai"

the guy was asking people how they select their votes and the Karachites were saying they voted MQM last time but this time they'll go for Imran Khan!

Bhaio, Sweep hai, SWEEP!

Runner Up
2nd April 2013, 21:07
lol @ dreamers

:P

cricguru
2nd April 2013, 21:09
On "Karachi mera hai"

the guy was asking people how they select their votes and the Karachites were saying they voted MQM last time but this time they'll go for Imran Khan!

Bhaio, Sweep hai, SWEEP!

Karachi situation is quite different, it is controlled by MQM mafia. They pressurize people to vote for MQM againts there will. They have all mafia support, they keep close eye on on every street, every house and every town. I think people in Karachi ae scared, it won't be a cake for for IK in Karachi as MQM will rigg this election in Karachi

Runner Up
2nd April 2013, 21:16
^^ I live in Karachi and in an area where only MQM exists. I am not a voter or supporter of MQM.

And I don't have any problem regarding what you claimed that Karachi people are scared.

Badsha
2nd April 2013, 21:17
Karachi situation is quite different, it is controlled by MQM mafia. They pressurize people to vote for MQM againts there will. They have all mafia support, they keep close eye on on every street, every house and every town. I think people in Karachi ae scared, it won't be a cake for for IK in Karachi as MQM will rigg this election in Karachi

If we can take 2-3 seats from Karachi it will be a massive success.

I agree, it's going to be near impossible to beat MQM in every constituency given they are more of a Mafia set up than a political party but areas that are not controlled by Muttahida may yield some success.

Army needs to control the area for elections.

cricguru
2nd April 2013, 21:22
ECP did new allignment in constituencies and which is a ray of hope. MQM is crying out loud about that already

Badsha
2nd April 2013, 21:26
ECP did new allignment in constituencies and which is a ray of hope. MQM is crying out loud about that already

Yep. 2-3 seats from Karachi will be an important win for us. (though, my heart says we can win even more if the law gets more tight)

Badsha
2nd April 2013, 21:30
The darker side though, is we (PTI) are losing a lot of electables. We've lost the Legharis as well I'm hearing :(

waqar_ahmad
2nd April 2013, 21:36
4 ex-parliamentarians have been jailed for having fake degrees. Right steps being taken

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
2nd April 2013, 21:38
karachi situation is quite different, it is controlled by mqm mafia. They pressurize people to vote for mqm againts there will. They have all mafia support, they keep close eye on on every street, every house and every town. I think people in karachi ae scared, it won't be a cake for for ik in karachi as mqm will rigg this election in karachi

I Call Bull Cra.p

Badsha
2nd April 2013, 22:03
I Call Bull Cra.p

I call, you don't know what happens in Karachi.

I mentioned this before as well and I'll mention it again. My friends weren't allowed to register their votes until they proved to them that they would vote for MQM. The Mafia has spread a lot.

cricguru
2nd April 2013, 22:06
My wife and her family is from Karachi

I requested them to vote for PTI , she said that she and her family pray for IK win but they will not be able to vote for IK in Karachi. It is such a sad situation. People are being taken hostage by MQM mafia

Markhor
2nd April 2013, 22:18
http://www.newstatesman.com/samira-shackle/2013/04/badam-zari-becomes-pakistans-first-ever-tribal-woman-stand-election

Badam Zari becomes Pakistan’s first ever tribal woman to stand for election

Pakistan’s tribal areas are not known for female empowerment. The Federally Administered Tribal Area (Fata) which borders Afghanistan is an ultra-conservative region where women are mostly uneducated, and rarely leave the house without their husbands, if at all.

However, a female resident from Bajaur district made history yesterday, by becoming Pakistan’s first ever tribal woman to stand in elections. Badam Zari is a 40 year old housewife, with no children. "I want to reach the assembly to become a voice for women, especially those living in the tribal areas," she told the Associated Press on Monday. "This was a difficult decision, but now I am determined and hopeful society will support me." Her husband, Sultan Khan, accompanied her when she went to file her nomination papers. He says she has his full backing.

Zari appeared at a press conference on Sunday, wearing a colourful scarf over her head and face, which left just her eyes uncovered. She said that no lawmaker from the tribal area had ever raised women’s issues in the National Assembly. “I want to work for the betterment of women in the tribal area, especially Bajaur Agency, which has suffered immensely in the tribal system,” she said.

She asserted that she is not afraid of anyone or anything, and that contesting the election is her constitutional and religious right. Although she says she has not received any threats yet, there is no doubt that this is a brave move by Zari.

Fata, already a deeply conservative region, is beset by Taliban militancy. In the 2008 election, around a third of the women registered to vote in Fata were prevented from doing so due to threats from local Taliban militants. Pamphlets distributed in Bajaur, Kurram, and Mohmand agencies warned tribesmen of bombing or other “severe punishment” if women were not kept away from polling stations. In addition to this, many candidates struck private agreements to ban women from voting.

“Women are half the population of tribal areas, but unfortunately they have always been deprived of their basic rights,” Zari said, acknowledging the fact that women in Fata are under-represented at the ballot box. Of the roughly 186,000 registered voters in her constituency, about 67,000 are women, according to government records. Often, those women that are allowed to vote are expected to do so in accordance with the wishes of the male members of their family.

Pakistan’s National Assembly has a long history of prominent female politicians, including Benazir Bhutto, who was the first woman to head a Muslim state. Around 17 per cent of the seats go to women, under a quota system. Even for women from less conservative areas of the country, standing for direct election as Zari is doing – rather than being allocated party seats – is unusual.

Analysts say that Zari, who is standing as an independent candidate, does not have much chance at winning the seat. But most concede that the mere fact of her candidacy is of huge symbolic value in a region where women are barely allowed to have a political opinion or a stake in society. "This is very courageous," said Asad Sarwar, a political official in Bajaur. "This woman has broken the barrier."

Despite the taboos around women appearing in public in this region, Zari has said she hopes to hold rallies. "I am taking part in elections because our area is very backward and living condition of women is poor over here," she said. "There will be a lot of people opposing me, but we will try our best."

If nothing else, she is making a serious attempt to give women in Fata a voice. The importance of that cannot be underestimated.

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
2nd April 2013, 22:32
My wife and her family is from Karachi

I requested them to vote for PTI , she said that she and her family pray for IK win but they will not be able to vote for IK in Karachi. It is such a sad situation. People are being taken hostage by MQM mafia

Maybe they wanted to vote for MQM all along but didn't wanna hurt you feelings :) so they came up with this excuse.I've live din karachi in MQM's "garh" . Never were my parents forced to vote for MQM . I have gone to the polling station with them several times and they were always able to cast their votes without any interference. I am not saying that rigging doens't happen but I am sure it gets blown out of proportion . MQM really has a lot of support in Karachi , believe it or not.

Badsha
2nd April 2013, 22:34
Maybe they wanted to vote for MQM all along but didn't wanna hurt you feelings :) so they came up with this excuse.I've live din karachi in MQM's "garh" . Never were my parents forced to vote for MQM . I have gone to the polling station with them several times and they were always able to cast their votes without any interference. I am not saying that rigging doens't happen but I am sure it gets blown out of proportion . MQM really has a lot of support in Karachi , believe it or not.

Yes. Okay.

But what we are saying are also not lies.

insaftak
2nd April 2013, 22:41
Anyone heard the news about JI Candidate failing to recite 2nd Kalma and Dua Qanoot :)))

Like I said 62-63 is hilarious!!

Badsha
2nd April 2013, 22:47
Anyone heard the news about JI Candidate failing to recite 2nd Kalma and Dua Qanoot :)))

Like I said 62-63 is hilarious!!

62-63 says a person should be a good muslim?

insaftak
2nd April 2013, 22:52
^^

Mere to Khyall mein JI walay achay Muslamaan hain :)

insaftak
2nd April 2013, 23:09
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/734362_10151583999123383_1478315734_n.jpg

waqar_ahmad
2nd April 2013, 23:15
Insaf

I heard rumors about Aleem Khan not getting party ticket, and him threatening to leave the party after getting into an argument with Imran? Any truth to that?

insaftak
2nd April 2013, 23:23
^^

Hum Nein to suna Hai kay Mehmood ur Rasheed ko be nai mil raha... Waiting for the official list :)

insaftak
2nd April 2013, 23:30
LOL Must really hate Salman Ahmad... Have to Say PMLN won this battle

insaftak
2nd April 2013, 23:34
LOL

<iframe width="600" height="350" src="http://tune.pk/player/embed_player.php?vid=57761&folder=2013/04/02/&width=600&height=350&autoplay=no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen scrolling="no"></iframe>

Badsha
2nd April 2013, 23:36

As a musician, I would disagree. Junoon was 75 percent Salman Ahmed, twenty percent Ali Azmat (and 5 percent Iqbal :P )

But seriously, Salmans sufi rock guitaring style is insanely creative and unique.

Badsha
2nd April 2013, 23:36
KPK CANDIDATES FOR PTI HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED

Peshawar: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) has finally unveiled the names of its running candidates from the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhuwah (KPK). Saach. TV has received a list comprised of finalists who would be contesting on behalf of PTI in KPK for National and Provincial Assemblies.
According to the list of candidates for National Assembly,

Khalid Masood would contest from NA-2 Peshawar,
Sajid Nawaz from NA-3 Peshawar,
Asad Gulzar Khan from NA-4 Peshawar,
Pervaiz Khan Khattak from NA-5 Nowshehra-I,
Azizullah Jan from NA-6 Nowshehra-II,
Fazal Muhammad Khan from NA-7 Charsadda-1,
Anwar Taj from NA-8 Charsadda-II,
Nasir Khan from NA-9 Mardan-1,
Ali Muhammad Khan NA-10 Mardan-II,
Mujahid Ali NA-11 Mardan-III,
Anwar Haq Dad from NA-12 Swabi-I,
Asad Qaisar from NA-13 Swabi-II,
Shaheryar Afridi from NA-14 Kohat,
Shamsur Rehman Khattak from NA-15 Karak,
Khayal Zaman from NA-16 Hangu,
Muhammad Azhar Khan Jadoon from NA-17 Abbottabad-I,
Raja Amir Zaman from NA-19 Haripur,
Muhammad Azam Khan Swati from NA-20 Mansehra-I,
Nawabzada Sallahuddin Saeed from NA-21 Mansehra-II,
Niaz Muhammad Khan from NA-22 Battagram,
Mustafa Kundi from NA-24 Dera Ismail Khan,
Dawar Khan Kundi from NA-25 Dera Ismail Khan Tank,
Mutiullah Khan from NA-26 Bannu,
Col. (retd) Amirullah Marwat from NA-27 Lakki Marwat,
Mian Moinuddin from NA-28 Bunair,
Sher Afgan Khan from NA-29 Swat-I,
Jamal Nasir from NA-30 Swat-II,
Abdul Latif from NA-32 Chitral,
Muhammad Nawaz Khan from NA-33 Upper Dir,
Muhammad Bashir Khan from NA-34 Lower Dir, and
Junaid Akbar Khan would contest from NA-35 Malakand.

Whereas according to the list of candidates for KPK provincial assembly,
Shaukat Yusufzai will contest the election from PK-2 Peshawar-II,
Ashraf Ali Khan from PK-3 Peshawar-III,
Arif Yousuf from PK-4 Peshawar-IV,
Yaseen Khalil from PK-5 Peshawar-V,
Faheem Ahmad from PK-6 Peshawar-VI,
Mahmood Jan from PK-7 Peshawar-VII,
Jahanzeb Khan from PK-8 Peshawar-VIII,
Arbab Jahandad Khan from PK-9 Peshawar-IX,
Shah Farman from PK-10 Peshawar-X,
Syed Muhammad Ishtiaq from PK-11 Peshawar-XI,
Khaliq-ur-Rehman from PK-12 Nowshehra-I,
Pervaiz Khattak PK-13 Nowshehra-II,
Jamshaid-ud-Din from PK-14 Nowshehra-III,
Muhammad Idrees from PK-15 Nowshehra-IV,
Qurban Ali Khan from PK-16 Nowshehra-V,
Abid Jan from PK-17 Charsaddah-I,
Tariq Adam Khan from PK-18 Charsaddah-II,
Muhammad Babar Khan from PK-19 Charsaddah-III,
Nadeem Alam from PK-20 Charsaddah-IV,
Muhammad Ilyas from PK-21 Charsaddah-V,
Muhammad Arif from PK-22 Charsaddah-VI,
Syed Umar Farooq from PK-23 Mardan-I,
Muhammad Zahid PK-24 Mardan-II,
Obaidullah from PK-25 Mardan-III,
Iftikhar Ali from PK-26 Mardan-IV,
Adil Nawaz from PK-27 Mardan-V,
Muhammad Khattab Badshah from PK-28 Mardan-VI,
Tufail Anjum from PK-29 Mardan-VII,
Muhammad Atif from PK-30 Mardan–VIII,
Yousuf Ali from PK-31 Swabi-I,
Zahoor Ahmad from PK-32 Swabi-II,
Zubair Ali Engineer from PK-33 Swabi-III,
Fazal-e-Elahi from PK-34 Swabi-IV,
Asad Qaisar from PK-35 Swabi-V,
Rangez Ahmad from PK-36 Swabi-VI,
Aurangzaib Khan from PK-37 Kohat-I,
Ziaullah Khan Bangash from PK-38 Kohat-II,
Imtiaz Shahid Qureshi from PK-39 Kohat-III,
Gul Sahib Khan from PK-40 Karak-I,
Muhammad Saleem from PK-41 Karak-II,
Asif Zubair Sheikh from PK-44 Abbottabad-I,
Abdul Rehman Khan Abbasi from PK-45 Abbottabad-II,
Akhtar Nawaz Khan from PK-49 Haripur-I,
Yousuf Ayub Khan from PK-50 Haripur-II,
Faisal Zaman Khan from PK-52 Haripur-IV,
Syed Munir Hassan Shah from PK-54 Mansehra-III,
Sajid Mumtaz from PK-55 Mansehra-IV,
Haq Nawaz Khan from PK-56 Mansehra-V,
Zulfiqar Ali from PK-57 Mansehra-VI,
Amarullah from PK-58 Mansehra-VII,
Javed Khan from PK-59 Battagram-I,
Muhammad Naeem Khan Shaheen from PK-60 Battagram-II,
Kifayatullah from PK-61 Kohistan-I,
Fayyaz Khan from PK-62 Kohistan-II,
Afreen Khan from PK-63 Kohistan-III,
Ali Ameen Khan from PK-64 Dera Ismail Khan-I,
Muhammad Amir Qayyum Barki from PK-65 Dera Ismail Khan-II,
Hamayuddin from PK-66 Dera Ismail Khan-III,
Umar Amin Khan from PK-67 Dera Ismail Khan-IV,
Muhammad Daud from PK-69 Tank,
Asif Rehman PK-70 Bannu-I,
Taimur Farid Khan from PK-71 Bannu-II,
Syed Munir Agha from PK-72 Bannu-III,
Murad Ali Shah from PK-73 Bannu-IV,
Saleem Nawaz Khan from PK-74 Lakki Marwat-I,
Engineer Muhammad Arif Khan from PK-76 Lakki Marwat-III,
Muhammad Iqbal from PK-77 Bunair-I,
Syed Fakhar Jahan from PK-78 Bunair-II,
Sher Khan from PK-79 Bunair-III,
Fazal-e-Hakim from PK-80 Swat-I,
Azizullah Khan from PK-81 Swat-II,
Amjad Ali from PK-82 Swat-III,
Azmat Ali Khan from PK-83 Swat-IV,
Mahmood Khan PK-84 Swat-V,
Nisar Ahmad from PK-85 Swat-VI,
Muhammad Zaib from PK-86 Swat-VII,
Shaukat Ali Yusufzai from PK-87 Shangla-I,
Sultan Muhammad from PK-89 Chitral-I,
Rehmat Ghazi Khan from PK-90 Chitral-II,
Muhammad Nabi from PK-91 Upper Dir-I,
Nawab Ali from PK-92 Upper Dir-II,
Sajjad Fayyaz Khan from PK-93 Upper Dir-III,
Muhammad Inam PK-94 Lower Dir-I,
Obaidullah Sajid from PK-95 Lower Dir-II,
Malik Fakhar-uz-Zaman Khan from PK-97 Lower Dir-IV,
Yasir Khan from PK-98 Malakand-I,
Shakeel Ahmad from PK-99 Malakand-II have been awarded party tickets.

EDIT: Source is Saach t.v

insaftak
2nd April 2013, 23:37
^^

No way.

Ali Azmat is way better than Salman. Actually Salman Sucks. We need to get Ali Zafar and Atif Aslam LOL!!!

Badsha
2nd April 2013, 23:39
^^

No way.

Ali Azmat is way better than Salman. Actually Salman Sucks. We need to get Ali Zafar and Atif Aslam LOL!!!

Are you serious?!?!

And Ali Azmat...ever since he went bald hasn't been the same. Salman has been on quite a downward spiral as well but personally I'll always look at him as the more talented.

insaftak
2nd April 2013, 23:41
^^

Ali Azmat ka koi Muqabla nai.. Kahan Ali aur kahan chawal Salman :) BOOOOOOOO!

Badsha
2nd April 2013, 23:43
^^

Muqabli nahi hota musicians mein. Preference ki baat hoti hai. Mujhay Junoon style/sufi rock pasand hai, aap ko modern rock. Aakher PTI ke burger bachein hi ho :P

Badsha
2nd April 2013, 23:44
As for the KpK list I've posted, Parvez Khattak is a well known "krupt" politician in our area but I'll still vote for him. PTI first.

insaftak
2nd April 2013, 23:44
^^

Mere say Zaida Paindoo Koi nai ho ga :)

insaftak
2nd April 2013, 23:54
I would give NA 48 ticket to this guy

<iframe width="600" height="350" src="http://tune.pk/player/embed_player.php?vid=57610&folder=2013/04/02/&width=600&height=350&autoplay=no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen scrolling="no"></iframe>

Saudi
3rd April 2013, 00:30
Insaf, I heard theres a bit of controversy about NA-17 ticket being given to Jadoon. Apparently Ali Asghar Khan was the more deserving candidate.

FarhanZZZ
3rd April 2013, 00:35
Can PTI stop shamelessly copying slogans from US politics? Seriously, some originality please.

insaftak
3rd April 2013, 00:39
Insaf, I heard theres a bit of controversy about NA-17 ticket being given to Jadoon. Apparently Ali Asghar Khan was the more deserving candidate.

Yup.

huge storm brewing. NA 18 is not decided yet so maybe on they will send him on that seat.

raamu kaka
3rd April 2013, 00:52
Parvaiz khattak sucks big time :/ Bring arif alvi back :'(

Siraj khan, an applicant from NA 6 nowshera, seemingly had an overwhelming support of locals but, due to his uprightness, khattak didn't want him n would intercede for a "yes sir" of his aka aziz ULLAH jan khattak who got a huge amount 700 votes last time :/

I hope, other tickets have been given on merit...

saadibaba
3rd April 2013, 01:01
Poll scrutiny turns into Islamic studies test

KARACHI: Before joining the race for parliament, candidates for the May 11 elections may have to prove their ‘adequate knowledge’ of Islamic teachings and the Quran and may be requested to recite a ‘Sura’ or particular Quranic verses and answer questions about the number of ‘rakats’ in any of the five daily prayers.
But according to some political parties, this is an “astounding addition” to the process of scrutiny. However, the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has described it as being in conformity with ‘constitutional’ requirements.
What a senior ECP official termed a process of “ruthless” scrutiny began on Monday with a number of candidates appearing before returning officers had to answer different questions, including those about religious injunctions.
One such case was recorded by TV channels when Owais Muzaffar Tappi, PPP candidate for a Sindh Assembly seat and President Asif Ali Zardari’s close aide, was asked about the number of Namaz one is required to offer in a day. He took a couple of seconds to tell the number of ‘rakats’ in Fajr prayers.
In Hyderabad region, nomination papers of a Muttahida Qaumi Movement candidate were rejected during scrutiny. The party says if lack of knowledge about Islamic teaching was declared as the reason behind the rejection, it would challenge the process of scrutiny.
“Papers of one of our candidates from Matiari were rejected by the returning officer,” said Advocate Aslam Pervez of the MQM’s legal aid committee. “The reason is not yet mentioned but the candidate was asked several questions about Islamic teachings and if it would be the cause of the rejection we would definitely file an appeal.”
He said returning officers had no authority to ask such questions, adding that a person’s faith could not be gauged through questions relating more to his memory than his knowledge about Islam and its teachings.
But a senior ECP official justified the questions and said that under article 62 (e) of the constitution candidates were required to have adequate knowledge of Islamic teachings.
“There is no harm in asking such questions if the returning officers want to satisfy themselves about an important element of the qualification clauses”, he said.
The article 62 of the constitution explains the criterion of “qualifications for member of Majlis-i-Shoora (parliament)” and its clause (e) reads: “He has adequate knowledge of Islamic teachings and practices obligatory duties prescribed by Islam as well as abstains from major sins.”But political parties deem it “inappropriate” to judge any candidate’s knowledge about Islamic teachings through a set of questions. They argue that memorising answers of certain questions could not determine anyone’s faith.
“Nomination papers of our party candidates have not been rejected because of that particular reason but I still believe that testing a candidate’s faith in Islam through his memory is not appropriate,” said the Awami National Party’s provincial general secretary Bashir Jan. “One can’t reject any honest and upright candidate just because he has not learnt any Quranic verse by heart.”
Rashid Rabbani of the PPP agreed with Mr Jan and said:
“I don’t think it’s justified to weigh one person’s knowledge of Islamic teachings through these questions.”

http://dawn.com/2013/04/02/poll-scrutiny-turns-into-islamic-studies-test/

************************************************** ***********************************

This is getting ridiculous.

Markhor
3rd April 2013, 01:25
What about a test for adequate knowledge of basic politics and economics that is actually going to be needed to run the country ?

Reminds me of former PM Gilani praying at Sukkur bridge in the hope that a flood would be avoided instead of actually announcing any relief and practical help to give to those in the area.

Although its typical from politicians isn't it - hoping that they can get through the job on a wing and a prayer.

Friend786
3rd April 2013, 01:52
PTI's ayla and sumaira malik are in trouble for fake degrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvibVjddss0

waqar_ahmad
3rd April 2013, 01:56
^ I think Ayla malik is in PTI, Sumaira isnt

0tt0man
3rd April 2013, 03:25
-delete- already posted

sa88
3rd April 2013, 03:30
Insaftak - is the manifesto the document on the election website??

If so, it is still unfinished in the minorities section. Also, it's in English. Ordinary Pakistanis will not read this no matter how good it is. Can you confirm that PTI will print it in Urdu and distribute throughout the country?

Also, do people know that the party symbol is a bat?

Waseem
3rd April 2013, 04:37
PTI's ayla and sumaira malik are in trouble for fake degrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvibVjddss0

Sumaira Malik is in PMLN and her degree has been questioned, can't watch youtube here so not sure if Ayla's (who is in PTI) degree is fake as well.

insaftak
3rd April 2013, 07:02

Are you serious?!?!

And Ali Azmat...ever since he went bald hasn't been the same. Salman has been on quite a downward spiral as well but personally I'll always look at him as the more talented.

^^

Muqabli nahi hota musicians mein. Preference ki baat hoti hai. Mujhay Junoon style/sufi rock pasand hai, aap ko modern rock. Aakher PTI ke burger bachein hi ho :P

^^

Mere say Zaida Paindoo Koi nai ho ga :)

Yeh to LOL HO GAYA :)))

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BG4XzUXCQAAFgC9.jpg:large

saadibaba
3rd April 2013, 07:49
Pir Pagara to support Shah Mehmood Qureshi’s election bid

Two spiritual-cum-political leaders have joined hands against the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) for the upcoming elections.

In an alliance between two spiritual communities, Pir Pagara, the spiritual leader of the Hur Jamaat, has decided to support Makhdoom Shah Mehmood Qureshi, the Ghousia Jamaat leader, on two National Assembly seats – NA-228 of Umerkot and NA-230 of Tharparkar.

Pakistan Muslim League-Functional chief Pir Pagara decided not to field candidates from NA-228 and NA-230, confirmed Imtiaz Sheikh, the party’s secretary general.

As Dr Arbab Ghulam Rahim is also contesting from NA-230, Pir Pagara’s decision indicates there will be no alliance between the PML-F and the former chief minister. The Functional League has already joined forces with a coalition of 10 parties, including the PML-Nawaz, National People’s Party and other nationalist groups.

While Qureshi is the senior vice-chairman of the Imran Khan-led Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), he has filed his nomination papers as an independent candidate, Shaikh said.

Qureshi has, reportedly, filed his nomination papers as an independent candidate to avoid confrontation between PML-F and PML-N.

The support of the Hur Jamaat chief to Ghousia Jamaat is a huge political achievement for Qureshi, whose position in his hometown constituency of Multan is not safe, forcing him to contest elections from Umerkot and Tharparkar.

A large number of Ghousia Jamaat followers live in Sindh, who have always supported the Pakistan People’s Party candidates, including Makhdoom Amin Fahim and Nawab Yousuf Talpur.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-4-168621-Pir-Pagara-to-support-Shah-Mehmood-Qure

That's strange. Why did he have to apply as an independent candidate. Is PTI fielding someone else from those seats. If not, can this be taken as a safety play by SMQ. In case PTI loses and is unable to form govt. by winning as an independent he can always join any party in power since after the 18th amendment one cannot change parties after being elected to the parliament.

saadibaba
3rd April 2013, 07:49
Pir Pagara to support Shah Mehmood Qureshi’s election bid

Two spiritual-cum-political leaders have joined hands against the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) for the upcoming elections.

In an alliance between two spiritual communities, Pir Pagara, the spiritual leader of the Hur Jamaat, has decided to support Makhdoom Shah Mehmood Qureshi, the Ghousia Jamaat leader, on two National Assembly seats – NA-228 of Umerkot and NA-230 of Tharparkar.

Pakistan Muslim League-Functional chief Pir Pagara decided not to field candidates from NA-228 and NA-230, confirmed Imtiaz Sheikh, the party’s secretary general.

As Dr Arbab Ghulam Rahim is also contesting from NA-230, Pir Pagara’s decision indicates there will be no alliance between the PML-F and the former chief minister. The Functional League has already joined forces with a coalition of 10 parties, including the PML-Nawaz, National People’s Party and other nationalist groups.

While Qureshi is the senior vice-chairman of the Imran Khan-led Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), he has filed his nomination papers as an independent candidate, Shaikh said.

Qureshi has, reportedly, filed his nomination papers as an independent candidate to avoid confrontation between PML-F and PML-N.

The support of the Hur Jamaat chief to Ghousia Jamaat is a huge political achievement for Qureshi, whose position in his hometown constituency of Multan is not safe, forcing him to contest elections from Umerkot and Tharparkar.

A large number of Ghousia Jamaat followers live in Sindh, who have always supported the Pakistan People’s Party candidates, including Makhdoom Amin Fahim and Nawab Yousuf Talpur.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-4-168621-Pir-Pagara-to-support-Shah-Mehmood-Qure

That's strange. Why did he have to apply as an independent candidate. Is PTI fielding someone else from those seats. If not, can this be taken as a safety play by SMQ. In case PTI loses and is unable to form govt. by winning as an independent he can always join any party in power since after the 18th amendment one cannot change parties after being elected to the parliament.

insaftak
3rd April 2013, 08:34
^^

I am not sure what is the current status of SMQ ticket in Sindh right now as PTI has not announced tickets yet.

The only thing that could explain him running as an independent here is dirty tactical politics. PTI doesn't want to go an alliance or seat adjustment officially with any party but is giving free hand to SMQ to maneuver things in rural sindh. PTI is eyeing 3-4 rural Sindh seats in Ghotki, umerkot, Shikarpur.

Badsha
3rd April 2013, 08:47
Come on Khan, get things under control!

Some disagreements on Kpk seats to say the least

insaftak
3rd April 2013, 08:50
^^

Don't worry it's a headache for all parties except PPP.. they are calm and settled. It seems no one cares about their ticket :)

insaftak
3rd April 2013, 08:52
Insaftak - is the manifesto the document on the election website??

If so, it is still unfinished in the minorities section. Also, it's in English. Ordinary Pakistanis will not read this no matter how good it is. Can you confirm that PTI will print it in Urdu and distribute throughout the country?

Also, do people know that the party symbol is a bat?

The last I heard was they were planning to print it in Urdu.

The Tabdeeli Razakar program is already distributing a one page letter from Imran Khan to all houses. Not sure If that letter is actual PTI manifesto or has a different message for people.

Badsha
3rd April 2013, 08:53
I hope it's not as bad as it seems then.

BTW, I absolutely HATE Hanif Abbasi! :@

insaftak
3rd April 2013, 08:59
I am hearing about a seat adjustment with Tehreek Soba Hazara on NA 18 abbotabad. With Ticket gone to Dr. Azhar Jadoon in NA 17. we need to keep Ali Asghar Khan and Co calm. Lets see If Imran Khan can pacify them.

This has a potential to help us Sweep all of Hazara.

insaftak
3rd April 2013, 09:18
Hilarious implementation of Article 62-63 continues

IN sindh one Guy has two wives the Returning Officer of election commission asked him how many nights he spends with them (checking if he does Justice with his wives)

^^

This is not joke. Real story.

LMAO :))) :))) :)))

insaftak
3rd April 2013, 09:59
ISLAMABAD: Almost 4,000 out of the 8,000 candidates, whose nomination papers had been scanned and scrutinised by the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) till Tuesday, do not pay any income tax and have no National Income Tax (NIT) number.

On the basis of this trend, it is believed that out of the estimated 14,000 candidates who have submitted their nomination papers to take part in the May 11 polls, at least half would be non-taxpayers and tax defaulters.

Sources in the ECP confided to The News that it was very disappointing to find that almost half of those interested to lead the nation in parliament do not pay any tax despite the media’s campaign against tax defaulters and tax evaders.

These sources said that out of the total 8,000 nomination papers scanned till Tuesday morning, around 4,000 candidates do not even have the NTN, which means that they don’t pay any tax. “It means that half of the members of the next parliament and provincial assemblies would be non-taxpayers if not stopped by the ECP from contesting the polls,” one of these sources said.

The ECP sources said the returning officers would be deciding the fate of such candidates on the basis of scrutiny of their nomination papers and the documents attached. It is also said that the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) team, which is assisting the ECP in this particular matter, has not been provided all the details and documents of the nomination papers but are only given the ID card number and NTN number, if any, of the candidates.

In the past National Assembly and the present Senate, out of the total 437 members, 305 had not even bothered to file their mandatory tax returns in the year 2011. The number of such violators amongst the members of last provincial assemblies is also believed to be very high.

It is the massive number of these non-filers in parliament that the political parties from both sides of the political divide have been opposing the new nomination paper finalised by the ECP.

Despite making law of mandatory filing of “Return of Income”, 70 percent of parliamentarians (305 out of the present 437) did not file returns in 2011. According to a recent report, such violators of law in the National Assembly and Senate included 67.3% legislators of PML-N and 66.8% MPs belonging to the PPP. The highest percentage of non-filers of tax returns was of ANP with 87.5%.

Amongst the PPP parliamentarians, 87 MNAs out of 125 and 24 Senators of the total 41 did not file tax returns in 2011 and these members include federal ministers and key figures of the PPP.

The PML-N non-filers of tax returns included 62 MNAs out of the total 90 and eight senators of total 14. The PML-Q’s 69% (38 out of 55 parliamentarians) did not file the returns. This included 35 MNAs out of the total 50 and three senators out of total five.

The MQM’s 62.5% (20 out of total 32) parliamentarians did not file returns of income. This included 17 MNAs out of 25 and three senators out of seven. The ANP’s 87.5% (21 out of 24 parliamentarians) did not file returns of income. This included 11 MNAs out of 12 and 10 senators out of 12.

The JUI-F/MMA 86.6% (13 out of 15 parliamentarians) did not file returns of income. This included seven MNAs out of eight and six senators out of seven.

The BNP-A’s four parliamentarians did not file returns of income. The PML-F’s three MNAs out of five did not file returns of income. Amongst the independent members, 79.3% (23 out of 29 parliamentarians) did not file returns of income. This included 16 MNAs out of 17 and seven senators out of 12.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-13-22008-Half-of-8000-candidates-paid-no-tax-have-no-NTN

justarslan
3rd April 2013, 10:24

I would not give any credit to Hobbit's party considering they copy the idea of theme song from PTI. Do they have any new ideas for their election campaign?

PetroDollars
3rd April 2013, 12:10
Ali azmat is a Musharraf fan, no way would he sing for ganja same as Atif aslum, ganja must have been running around everywhere trying to get someone to sing for him but they all obviously refused.

waqar_ahmad
3rd April 2013, 12:15
Hilarious implementation of Article 62-63 continues

IN sindh one Guy has two wives the Returning Officer of election commission asked him how many nights he spends with them (checking if he does Justice with his wives)

^^

This is not joke. Real story.

LMAO :))) :))) :)))

:))) too good. I'm just hoping the returning officer didnt ask for any kind of proof

AZ
3rd April 2013, 12:20
I would not give any credit to Hobbit's party considering they copy the idea of theme song from PTI. Do they have any new ideas for their election campaign?

you think a 'election theme song' idea is PTI's creation? please tell me you are not that ignorant.

Badsha
3rd April 2013, 18:33
you think a 'election theme song' idea is PTI's creation? please tell me you are not that ignorant.

He phrased it incorrectly but you know what he meant.

Anyway, is the alliance with JI dead? I hope they don't form an alliance with the ganjas...

youboy
3rd April 2013, 19:28
ECP to include ‘None of the Above’ box in ballot papers

I slamabad: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has decided to include ‘None of the Above’ check box in ballot papers for the upcoming general election.

The decision has been taken during the meeting of the ECP in Islamabad.

According to details, if a voter doesn’t like any candidate in his constituency he will be able to cast vote against all. “After the inclusion of NOTA, the ECP will hold re-election in the constituency where 51 per cent people would vote against all,” sources said.

The sources said that the commission would request for the issuance of an ordinance as a legislation was required for change in the ballot papers.

Moreover, the ECP has also decided to monitor sensitive polling stations from satellite.

It is to mention here that Tahir-ul-Qadri’s Pakistan Awami Tehrik (PAT) was the first party demanded for the NOTA while several groups on social media also ran campaign over the issue.

Analysts say the step would encourage those people who does not vote to any party.

http://www.saach.tv/2013/04/03/ecp-to-include-none-of-the-above-box-in-ballot-papers/