PDA

View Full Version : Jemima Khan still Muslim?.

Nakhuda
7th February 2006, 22:47
Does anyone know if Jemima Khan is still a Muslimah?.Seen a few pics of here with Hugh Grant recently and she sure doesn't dress like one having ditched the shalwar kameez.

Bitman
7th February 2006, 23:07
Who cares? :21:

MIG
7th February 2006, 23:48
Guys - have moved it to the right forum.

Now pls dont abuse each other

Thanks

MIG

Oxy
8th February 2006, 00:05
Strange post.

One day you say 'Inzi' overdoes the 'muslim thing' in public...now you want Jemima to DO the Muslim thing in public....so much for it being a 'private thing' (24 hours ago)

Nakhuda
8th February 2006, 00:13
Strange post.

One day you say 'Inzi' overdoes the 'muslim thing' in public...now you want Jemima to DO the Muslim thing in public....so much for it being a 'private thing' (24 hours ago)

I never said i wasn't proud to be Muslim or anything but yeah disagreed with Inzi's comments.What is your idea of a women dressing Islamically..hijab,niqab and all..if so then i disagree.
Anyway this is a totally different subject where i'm asking if Jemima is a Muslim or not.

entralinks
8th February 2006, 00:24
Nakhuda how do you first accept a thing as islamic, then disagree with it and still pride yourself as a muslim? I know you look cool but still how do you do that? :20:

nafajafam
8th February 2006, 00:26
Who cares !!

Nakhuda
8th February 2006, 00:39
Nakhuda how do you first accept a thing as islamic, then disagree with it and still pride yourself as a muslim? I know you look cool but still how do you do that? :20:

Even scholars disagree on what is Islamic and what not so why can't the likes of you and i?.Within Islam there are many schools of thought but obviously you seem to disagree.I accept a thing as Islamic after listening to a particular scholar like say Hamza Yusuf then the comments of his critics over why they disagree finally making up my own mind.How do you know "i look cool" when i never said such a thing?.
Do you just accept something blindly without thinking about it?.If so thats probably why you find me to be outspoken.

entralinks
8th February 2006, 00:54
Nope I didn't mean that, sorry I was being cheeky there for all the weird reasons.

Scholars when 'disagree' with something islamic, I believe that is not islamic anymore, to them. Because if, to them, it is islamic, they cannot disagree with it, because disagreeing with one thing and agreeing with another means you are choosing yourself where it is Allah swt who should be and has already. So for that my point is you cannot say something is islamic and then disagree with it at the same time because if you are disagreeing with something which, even according to your belief, is islamic, in other words the word of Allah swt, then how can you pride yourself as a muslim?

Now my situation is, I accept something as islamic, yes I may not exercise it or practice it, but I do agree with it and for that I am 'consistent' and do not contradict myself when saying I am a muslim (submitting to Allah's will and orders, which is Islam, the whole of it, not bits from it). And 'Islam' I'm referring to in this post is whatever version you believe in, because thats not the main issue at this time.

entralinks
8th February 2006, 00:58
Even scholars disagree on what is Islamic and what not so why can't the likes of you and i?Look now you've chosen words 'islamic and not islamic', yes here I agree then. But in the previous post you said 'What is your idea of a women dressing Islamically' ... now note the word 'islamically', you've used it, which suggests you do accept that way of dressing is what islam orders and then you say you disagree with it. Thats what I'm saying, if you do believe something is islamic, then being a muslim you cannot disagree with it.

Or perhaps it could be you said the word 'islamically' by mistake and I got out of control? :22:

z10
8th February 2006, 01:09
Strange post.

this is an interesting stance mian

all he has posted is a question on the faith of jemima and how he has seen her in unislamic clothing

unless posts have been deleted, nowhere has he said that he wants 'Jemima to DO the Muslim thing in public'

madaboutlfc
8th February 2006, 05:26
religion is a personal thing.. whether jemima is still a muslim or not is her business.. pretty pointless thread

Oxy
8th February 2006, 05:32
this is an interesting stance mian

all he has posted is a question on the faith of jemima and how he has seen her in unislamic clothing

unless posts have been deleted, nowhere has he said that he wants 'Jemima to DO the Muslim thing in public'

He queries whether she dresses in 'Muslim' clothing...in public obviously...

samisback
8th February 2006, 07:25
who cares!:P

Ayubi
8th February 2006, 14:48
More than whether or not she's muslim, I am intrigued about her gender.
To me she looks increasingly like a man each time I her see...

Saqs
9th February 2006, 10:52
imran could have probably done a lot better than her...
he could have got any woman in the world

samisback
9th February 2006, 10:56
More than whether or not she's muslim, I am intrigued about her gender.
To me she looks increasingly like a man each time I her see...
i was going to say the same thing but thought wasnt appropriate but glad to know im not the only one :))):))):))):)))

nafajafam
9th February 2006, 11:08
i was going to say the same thing but thought wasnt appropriate but glad to know im not the only one :))):))):))):)))

Title should have been "Is Jemima Khan still a Woman?"

Tariq Jamshed
10th February 2006, 04:20
imran could have probably done a lot better than her...
he could have got any woman in the world

Who is anybody else to decide what is good or bad for Imran? I am sure she was the best woman in the world for him - that is why he married her.

Saqs
10th February 2006, 09:49
^chill out

*moonwalks out of thread*