PDA

View Full Version : Eid day update thread

AFG_Brit
6th August 2013, 18:07
Hi guys, eid mubarak to fellow ppers in advance. Please use this thread for any updates for eid..

When do you guys think will be 1st day of eid?

iRfaN_LA
6th August 2013, 18:21
We started Ramadan on the 10th of July here in US. Eid is supposed to be either Thursday or Friday.

But latest news from Saudi is that they might have started Ramadan 1 day late, they are meeting up for moon-sighting today. If moon is sighted, Ramadan will be 28 days, and we have to make up 1 day.

AFG_Brit
6th August 2013, 18:42
Same here brother, we started on the 10th of july too. I have been hearing from various people about it being a 28 day roza.. Let's see what comes

DeadlyVenom
6th August 2013, 18:52
Does this news from Saudi exist anywhere apart from baseless internet rumours?

EDIT : Found this link http://gulfnews.com/in-focus/ramadan/saudi-arabia-supreme-court-to-meet-for-moon-sighting-1.1217224

Won't happen though. Saudis got it spot on according to moon sighting websites. They usually do it a day early so a day late is normal.

iRfaN_LA
6th August 2013, 19:16
Does this news from Saudi exist anywhere apart from baseless internet rumours?

EDIT : Found this link http://gulfnews.com/in-focus/ramadan/saudi-arabia-supreme-court-to-meet-for-moon-sighting-1.1217224

Won't happen though. Saudis got it spot on according to moon sighting websites. They usually do it a day early so a day late is normal.

The news is pretty authentic. It was on Saudi Channel yesterday. But you are right, chances are very slim.

Toony™®
6th August 2013, 20:38
read it earlier might be tomorrow..find out later.... apparently might of started ramadhan late...

saeedhk
6th August 2013, 21:24
Here in HK,it can be either on Thursay or Friday.

iRfaN_LA
6th August 2013, 21:27
Iftar time in Saudi right now. We should hear something in the next 2 hours.

GreenKnightRises
6th August 2013, 21:53
It should be on 7th or 8th

Batman
6th August 2013, 22:19
In BCN, it will be either Thursday or Friday.

BTW, Eid Mubarak Advanced :D

srh
6th August 2013, 22:19
28 days is not possible.

iRfaN_LA
6th August 2013, 22:27
28 days is not possible.

Its not possible but they are saying they might have made a mistake by starting Ramadan 1 day late on the 10th of July.

Last time this happened was back in 1984 in Saudia. Eid was declared after 28 days and then the next day was make up fast. (read it online)

Pakz
6th August 2013, 23:46
So what's the latest news on this strange scenario? Has anything been announced?

Uzi
7th August 2013, 00:11
I've been hearing its most likely going to be on Thursday. Our local mosque goes by Regents Park mosque and they go by the Saudis.

pakistanigoneaussie
7th August 2013, 00:13
Looks like Thursday

LooneyReturns
7th August 2013, 00:17
I thought it was going to be either on the 8th or 9th ?

iRfaN_LA
7th August 2013, 00:32
I have heard Saudia declared no Eid tomorrow. So i guess they will do moon sighting again tomorrow

Ims1
7th August 2013, 00:51
its on [probably] Jumma here which is 9th .

Markhor
7th August 2013, 00:57
Here we go, its the annual 'when the heck is Eid' time again. Every year. So embarrassing how communities cannot come to any agreement on the festival of one of the world's largest religions.

DeadlyVenom
7th August 2013, 00:58
Here we go, its the annual 'when the heck is Eid' time again. Every year. So embarrassing how communities cannot come to any agreement on the festival of one of the world's largest religions.

Crazy isn't it? While countries have sent rockets to the moon we bicker about seeing it in the sky.

Ims1
7th August 2013, 01:01
Crazy isn't it? While countries have sent rockets to the moon we bicker about seeing it in the sky.

deadly, no one is bickering . hum baat kar rahe hein :)

GreenKnightRises
7th August 2013, 01:12
28 days is not possible.

Ramadan started in Saudi on 9th

iRfaN_LA
7th August 2013, 02:31
Ramadan started in Saudi on 9th

wrong! started in Saudi on 10th.

<< Rashid >>
7th August 2013, 03:30
Looks like we'll have two Eids in the UK

http://www.moonsighting.org.uk/docs/WhenIsEidulFitr1434AH.pdf

My local mosque does not follow Saudi Arabia (and rightly so in my opinion), so likely to be Friday Insha-Allah.

mebs
7th August 2013, 08:25
Looks like we'll have two Eids in the UK

http://www.moonsighting.org.uk/docs/WhenIsEidulFitr1434AH.pdf

My local mosque does not follow Saudi Arabia (and rightly so in my opinion), so likely to be Friday Insha-Allah.

youre right theres no need to follow, the observatory office have the equipment telescopes etc to see if the moon is sighted so why follow another country who are about 3 or 4 hours ahead of us.

DeadlyVenom
7th August 2013, 08:27
deadly, no one is bickering . hum baat kar rahe hein :)

Not us in the thread. I mean muslim states/scholars.

Justcrazy
7th August 2013, 09:47
Do not understand why always such confusion .

pakistanalltheway
7th August 2013, 09:50
youre right theres no need to follow, the observatory office have the equipment telescopes etc to see if the moon is sighted so why follow another country who are about 3 or 4 hours ahead of us.

Why should we follow Saudi ?

Saqib
7th August 2013, 12:35
Eid Mubarak to everyone!

Eid will be in the Netherlands in most places on Thursday.

Intresting pictures!

I got these pictures from the weather observation center of Netherlands and Belgium.

http://hemel.waarnemen.com/

Imran_m
7th August 2013, 14:26
So when is Eid likely to be in the UK?

iRfaN_LA
7th August 2013, 21:45
Please post any updates from KSA/UAE etc.

DeadlyVenom
7th August 2013, 21:52
Seeing on ARY that oman have not sightdd the moon but some cities in Saudia have seen the moon. I think they must be using some advanced futuristic telescopes.

DeadlyVenom
7th August 2013, 21:53
So when is Eid likely to be in the UK?

People ask this question every year but it can only be ascertained after Maghrib.

DeadlyVenom
7th August 2013, 21:58
Eid in Indonesia tomorrow. Eid Mubarak to any Indonesian PPers. I assume Australia and NZ will also do Eid tomorrow based on this?

saeedhk
7th August 2013, 21:59
Eid in Hong Kong on Friday.

GreenKnightRises
7th August 2013, 22:02
Please post any updates from KSA/UAE etc.

Eid Ul Fithr in KSA, UAE, Qatar on Aug 8

DeadlyVenom
7th August 2013, 22:05
Japan eid is tomorrow as is Jordan. Eid Mubarak to any Japanese PPers.

<< Rashid >>
7th August 2013, 22:07
Look's like Saudi have announced that Eid is tomorrow according to Islam Channel.

iRfaN_LA
7th August 2013, 22:12
Eid Ul Fithr in KSA, UAE, Qatar on Aug 8

Thanks !! Eid mubarak everyone.

in_cutter
7th August 2013, 22:54
What date did fasting start in Saudi?

pakistanalltheway
7th August 2013, 23:00
This is ridiculous . We need to find a system and stick to it .Madness . Anyone in Slough , Reading or areas around there can you pease tell me when your doing Eid ?

iRfaN_LA
7th August 2013, 23:02
What date did fasting start in Saudi?

July 10 , wednesday, Ramadan is 29 days this year

DeadlyVenom
7th August 2013, 23:10
This is ridiculous . We need to find a system and stick to it .Madness . Anyone in Slough , Reading or areas around there can you pease tell me when your doing Eid ?

Anybody announcing Eid in the UK before Maghrib has a few screws lose. In my citie all the Imams get together after Maghrib for a discussion. That way some can at least pretend there is a chance of the moon being sighted.

pakistanalltheway
7th August 2013, 23:13
Anybody announcing Eid in the UK before Maghrib has a few screws lose. In my citie all the Imams get together after Maghrib for a discussion. That way some can at least pretend there is a chance of the moon being sighted.

Lol we have 3 different sects . They don't even speak let alone sit down and discuss when is Eid . As for announcing it before Maghrib lol they announced it on Friday . I really need to ask what they base this on . I hate this confusion .Actually just heard that they will make an announcement after Maghrib .

DeadlyVenom
7th August 2013, 23:16
Lol we have 3 different sects . They don't even speak let alone sit down and discuss when is Eid . As for announcing it before Maghrib lol they announced it on Friday . I really need to ask what they base this on . I hate this confusion .Actually just heard that they will make an announcement after Maghrib .

We have 11 mosques from 3-4 different sects and they get together after Maghrib in the Central Mosque and try to reach a consensus. Its a good set up but sometimes they fail to reach a consensus ( hasn't happened in a while) and we have 2 eids. InshAllah it doesn't happen today.

Eid in the UK should be on Friday based on moonsighting websites. No chance on Thursday but we will follow Saudia and be celebrating tomorrow :afridi

Pakz
7th August 2013, 23:21

You're in Slough? Does that count as out of London? Islam Channel have announced it's Eid.

in_cutter
7th August 2013, 23:21
What are the reasons we tend to follow Saudi Arabia?

pakistanalltheway
7th August 2013, 23:23
We have 11 mosques from 3-4 different sects and they get together after Maghrib in the Central Mosque and try to reach a consensus. Its a good set up but sometimes they fail to reach a consensus ( hasn't happened in a while) and we have 2 eids. InshAllah it doesn't happen today.

Eid in the UK should be on Friday based on moonsighting websites. No chance on Thursday but we will follow Saudia and be celebrating tomorrow :afridi

Lol so moonsighting .com was right . I know at least one mosque will do it tomorrow as they are Saudi funded . The rest is anyone's guess . I am really confused some people tell me it's ok to follow Saudi others say your supposed to do it locally .

Pakz
7th August 2013, 23:24

Saudis are rich... :gul I think it's because they could be classed as the heads, But then how does moon sighting work and Why doesn't everyone follow.

pakistanalltheway
7th August 2013, 23:25
You're in Slough? Does that count as out of London? Islam Channel have announced it's Eid.

I am near Slough and no it isn't in London . What is the basis of Islam channel announcing it all ready it isn't even Maghrib yet so they can't know for certain . They are probably following Saudi .

DeadlyVenom
7th August 2013, 23:27

Inferiority complex.

Bashira_taeli
7th August 2013, 23:29
South Waziristan, Afghan refugee camps and some parts of KPK will be celebrating eid tomorrow.

So that means that like KSA they started Ramadan a day late.

DeadlyVenom
7th August 2013, 23:29

In all honesty Islam channel is a low level poor TV channel. They always rush to announce Eid despite the fact it is bright day light and the sun is shining in the sky. What moon are they seeing?

Watsupdoc
7th August 2013, 23:33
Eid Mubarak to all those celebrating tomorrow!

srh
7th August 2013, 23:56
according to http://moonsighting.com/ only South America can see the moon with naked eye on August 7. So other than South America no other continent should have Eid on August 8.

Markhor
8th August 2013, 00:05
David Cameron ‏@David_Cameron 3m
Eid Mubarak!

kaayal
8th August 2013, 00:16
Eid mubarak to all my fellow pakpassioners.just came back home after a 6hr long train journey from my college.for us(in kerala),eid is on tomorrow.

MR__KHAN__JI
8th August 2013, 00:23
according to http://moonsighting.com/ only South America can see the moon with naked eye on August 7. So other than South America no other continent should have Eid on August 8.

Surely if it's seen in one place. ... everyone else should follow (as long as the message can be communicated)

srh
8th August 2013, 00:28
Surely if it's seen in one place. ... everyone else should follow (as long as the message can be communicated)
hmmm. if we follow that logic then yes but I think this logic does not make sense. The time differences has to take into account. Its better that each continent or sub-continents (if the continent is huge) decides on their own IMO.

DeadlyVenom
8th August 2013, 00:30

Sunset in South America is in around 3 hours time ( I think).

I wonder what those Arabs were looking at in the Sky? Perhaps it was a drone and they thought it was the moon opposite to what the Indian Army did.

srh
8th August 2013, 00:35
Eid mubarak to all my fellow pakpassioners.just came back home after a 6hr long train journey from my college.for us(in kerala),eid is on tomorrow.
Eid Mubarak but IMO you should be doing Eid on Friday not Thursday. It does not make sense that somebody in India saw a moon on Wednesday night with naked eye; even with optical aid its not possible to see a moon in India on Wednesday night. http://moonsighting.com/

James
8th August 2013, 00:53
Not sure when it is but Eid Mubarak to PPers around the world

cricketfanfirst
8th August 2013, 00:53
Is the moon sighting mentioned in Quran or it is in sayings of Prophet or some other religious text of Islam?

This type of moon sighting practice seems very similar to a Hindu festival called Karva Chauth where women pray for the well being of their husband and break their fast after sighting the moon.

kaayal
8th August 2013, 01:00
Well,what can we do if we saw the moon in kapad beach?? fasting on an eid day is haram.now,we are left with no other choice but to celebrate it on tomorrow.i don't know when is eid in other parts of India.

MR__KHAN__JI
8th August 2013, 01:04
hmmm. if we follow that logic then yes but I think this logic does not make sense. The time differences has to take into account. Its better that each continent or sub-continents (if the continent is huge) decides on their own IMO.

When it's seen in one place it's communicated everywhere.

Then each country has eid on the next day that starts.

Once it's sighted once. .. Thats it. ... Its sighted.

MR__KHAN__JI
8th August 2013, 01:04
Sunset in South America is in around 3 hours time ( I think).

I wonder what those Arabs were looking at in the Sky? Perhaps it was a drone and they thought it was the moon opposite to what the Indian Army did.

Have the arabs seem something?

DeadlyVenom
8th August 2013, 01:07
They have announced Eid quite joyously and vociferousl so I'm assuming something was sighted. The deoband/wahabi mosques in the UK will follow them.

DeadlyVenom
8th August 2013, 01:07
Well,what can we do if we saw the moon in kapad beach?? fasting on an eid day is haram.now,we are left with no other choice but to celebrate it on tomorrow.i don't know when is eid in other parts of India.

Buy spectacles.

pakistanalltheway
8th August 2013, 01:19

By that logic Eid is tomorrow because the moon has been sighted in South America . Itcan't have been sighted in Saudi but they are doing it tomorrow anyway .

DeadlyVenom
8th August 2013, 01:22
By that logic Eid is tomorrow because the moon has been sighted in South America . Itcan't have been sighted in Saudi but they are doing it tomorrow anyway .

Correction. ...moon can potentially be sighted in South America...it hasnt yet. Sunset is in a few hours in Argentina.

pakistanalltheway
8th August 2013, 01:34
Correction. ...moon can potentially be sighted in South America...it hasnt yet. Sunset is in a few hours in Argentina.

Oh ok I assumed it had all ready been sighted . That makes Saudis decision even weirder .

GreenKnightRises
8th August 2013, 01:37

True..Itz a common Logic..!!! Still can't believe why people dont understand this and celebrate Eid on next Day or the Ramadan on Next day..
We need To Find a definite solution for this So that the Whole World can celebrate Eid On the same Day

in_cutter
8th August 2013, 01:44
Confirmed for Friday

MR__KHAN__JI
8th August 2013, 01:45

If it's sighted in South America then. ...

cricketpassion
8th August 2013, 01:48
Confirmed for Friday

Where?

in_cutter
8th August 2013, 01:49
Birmingham, UK.

Tarawee tonight

Geordie Ahmed
8th August 2013, 02:07
What's technology saying? Is there a new moon?

ahmedzee
8th August 2013, 02:45
What's technology saying? Is there a new moon?

Jake (Twilight werewolf) thinks so...so does bella :P :twilight

sully3
8th August 2013, 02:53
torn between going with Regents park mosque (Islam channel) who say its on Thursday or my local Hounslow mosque which say its on a Friday,

DeadlyVenom
8th August 2013, 02:55
Glasgow imams have been deliberating for the last hour.

Badsha
8th August 2013, 03:35
If this isn't the last Roza... I will rage quit.

DeadlyVenom
8th August 2013, 03:36
Deliberations continue in Glasgow..

Boi
8th August 2013, 03:56
^ Shouldn't Taraveeh have started there by now? if they don't announce their decision pretty soon the Taraveeh might clash with times for Sehri there? :))

Eid for me tomorrow anyways so Eid Mubarak to everyone celebrating it tomorrow or Friday! Have a good one!

DeadlyVenom
8th August 2013, 03:58
People sitting around in Masjid waiting for a decision. Reading Quran etc.

AFG_Brit
8th August 2013, 04:02
Eid is tomorrow as per the majority in London. So eid mubarak to all muslim
Ppers

Bashira_taeli
8th August 2013, 04:11
^ What date did Ramadan start in UK?

Geordie Ahmed
8th August 2013, 04:15
Eid is tomorrow Inshallah, though some will do Eid on Friday

AFG_Brit
8th August 2013, 04:31
10th of july and we had a 29 day ramadhan this time.

in_cutter
8th August 2013, 04:35
So was the moon sighted in Saudi or not??

pakistanalltheway
8th August 2013, 04:49
Confirmed Friday here . Full 30 fasts to be kept . So while I keep a roza you lot get to do Eid .

DeadlyVenom
8th August 2013, 05:01
Maualanas deliberated here for 2.5 hours and eventually unanimously decided that there will be a split.

Brelvi will be doing it on Friday and Salafi/Deobandi on Thursday. I was adamant that I was keeping a fast tomorrow but elders in the family asked me to not be a nuisance so I gave in.

Saudis have caused us all to miss a fast with their nonsense.

DeadlyVenom
8th August 2013, 05:01
Confirmed Friday here . Full 30 fasts to be kept . So while I keep a roza you lot get to do Eid .

May Allah reward you bro.

KingKhanWC
8th August 2013, 05:10
Maualanas deliberated here for 2.5 hours and eventually unanimously decided that there will be a split.

Brelvi will be doing it on Friday and Salafi/Deobandi on Thursday. I was adamant that I was keeping a fast tomorrow but elders in the family asked me to not be a nuisance so I gave in.

This sounds an interesting set up with no result. Surely their job was to reach a unanimous decision on one day?

I don't know what arguments the Salafi/Deobandi put forward apart from following Saudia Arabia?

DeadlyVenom
8th August 2013, 05:13
This sounds an interesting set up with no result. Surely their job was to reach a unanimous decision on one day?

I don't know what arguments the Salafi/Deobandi put forward apart from following Saudia Arabia?

They tried to reach a consensus but both sides were adamant they were right. My dad just came back from mosque and now some salafi/deobandi imams have went to the brelvi mosque to try and convince them again.

They are however in the midst of their taraweeh.

Its quite comedic really.

KingKhanWC
8th August 2013, 05:18
They tried to reach a consensus but both sides were adamant they were right. My dad just came back from mosque and now some salafi/deobandi imams have went to the brelvi mosque to try and convince them again.

They are however in the midst of their taraweeh.

Its quite comedic really.

This would make a good documentary. At least they are trying, in other places there is no debate.

If I was a betting man I would put my house on no consensus. Molvies had this fixed a long time ago. :butt

pakistanalltheway
8th August 2013, 06:26

Good decision . I now have to convince my Aunty not to do it tomorrow as she follows a different sect .

srh
8th August 2013, 08:07
Its Eid on Thursday in Canada. New moon was seen in Chile in South America and they are using it as basis for Eid on Thursday in North America.

ArmanKhan
8th August 2013, 08:48
This is the third straight Eid in Canada that Pakistan's and Somali's have joined the rest of the Muslim population in celebrating eid on the same day, I really hope that the trend continues, it feels good when every muslim is united in celebrating this wonderful day :)

iRfaN_LA
8th August 2013, 10:32
Its Eid on Thursday in Canada. New moon was seen in Chile in South America and they are using it as basis for Eid on Thursday in North America.

Moon has been sighted in USA according to Chicago Hilal Committee. This is from their website:

11:20 PM CDT: Eid-ul-Fitr will be on Thursday, August 8, 2013. We have received authentic sighting reports from Arizona and California. These reports were received after we made the decision earlier. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Geordie Ahmed
8th August 2013, 13:09
Good decision . I now have to convince my Aunty not to do it tomorrow as she follows a different sect .

What if you're in the wrong? Why try to convince someone otherwise

pakistanalltheway
8th August 2013, 17:03
What if you're in the wrong? Why try to convince someone otherwise

It's for family sake . You can't have everyone doing it tomorrow with her just doing it today . It doesn't matter either way it's up to her .

Ims1
8th August 2013, 17:42
its on [probably] Jumma here which is 9th .

I was right :)

sada90
8th August 2013, 18:27
In Canada and USA first time eid prayers are together on same day .. Eid mubarak every one

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4