PDA

View Full Version : Help required from Pashto speaking people

Wattoo
10th October 2013, 11:55
I want to learn how to speak/read/write Pashto?

Any suggestion how to do it?

any course in any institute/university of Peshawar?

any online course?

Wattoo
14th October 2013, 19:13
any?

Mamoon
14th October 2013, 19:30
An extremely difficult language, any reason why you want to learn?

Mamoon
14th October 2013, 19:32
Not many people can read or write it because Pashto literature is not mainstream at all.

I'm a Pathan and have lived in Peshawar all my life but never once needed to read or write Pashto.

You can enroll in the University of Peshawar for Pashto literature.

PakistanKnight
14th October 2013, 19:52
Wrong forum. Should be moved to Languages Forum.

Wattoo
18th October 2013, 19:45
Not many people can read or write it because Pashto literature is not mainstream at all.

I'm a Pathan and have lived in Peshawar all my life but never once needed to read or write Pashto.

You can enroll in the University of Peshawar for Pashto literature.

I just want to learn it so that I can communicate in pashto. So basically only I want to learn how to speak Pashto.
University of Peshawar is offerinf master/phd level degree, while I only need it for communication. Reason is very simple I am working in Peshawar, and here I could only find very veryy few people speaking/understanding urdu both in office and outside.

Myrmidon
18th October 2013, 20:08
^^ everybody in Peshawer speaks urdu dude, maybe you are not looking hard enough

The best way to learn is spend time with locals, it is like Mamoon said difficult to learn but not impossible, other posters here who lived in Peshawer have a grasp of it, even though they do not like or respect the people.

You will learn it if you speak it

LooneyReturns
19th October 2013, 01:43
Go to Karachi`s DHA Sunday bazar everyday , you will learn it . :afridi

Ooh Khana kharab o tumara ko lena nai tou amara tayme kyuN zaya karti hai . Amara pas tayme nishta . :yk

This is sad , Pathans living in cities are ditching Pashto for Urdu . Even Karachi , where the 2nd largest ethnic group is of Pathans , offers Bachelor degrees in Farsi at UoK but not for Pashto .

Only in Pakistan will you see people forgetting their own culture to keep someone else`s alive . :danish

Wattoo
22nd October 2013, 14:21
^^ everybody in Peshawer speaks urdu dude, maybe you are not looking hard enough

The best way to learn is spend time with locals, it is like Mamoon said difficult to learn but not impossible, other posters here who lived in Peshawer have a grasp of it, even though they do not like or respect the people.

You will learn it if you speak it

Strange...! I am living here. Went to markeets,offices. about 80% did not speak in urdu whom I met.

Munna
22nd October 2013, 14:58
We already have a great thread here: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=62366

:D