PDA

View Full Version : Terror Arrests: Four Men Detained In London

mani1
14th October 2013, 16:21
Four men are in police custody after being arrested in London as part of a pre-planned anti-terror operation.
Counter-terrorism police detained the men at 7.10pm on Sunday during raids on addresses across the capital.
A statement from the Metropolitan Police said the men were arrested under the Terrorism Act 2000.
Two 25-year-old men were detained in Mansell Street, east London. A 28-year-old man was arrested in Westbourne Grove, west London. The fourth man - aged 29 - was detained in Peckham Street, southeast London.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/four-arrested-anti-terror-raid-203707035.html#9O1xUEp

Crazy_K
14th October 2013, 16:32
*** Why do most of these terrorists come from my neck of the woods?

Saeed
14th October 2013, 16:34
Pakistanis?

eradicator
14th October 2013, 16:48
Muslims ?

kinventor
14th October 2013, 18:00
Good news!

saeedhk
14th October 2013, 20:59
In ka kuch nahin ho sakta.Jis thaali may khatay hai,ussi may cheed kartay hai.Most of these muslims claim welfare benefits from the government ,get free education,free medical etc yet they attack and curse the UK government/people.

mani1
16th October 2013, 03:00
Pakistanis?

One is

A 29-year-old, a British national of Pakistani origin, was also held in Peckham Street, south-east London, during the MI5-assisted operation.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-quiz-terror-plot-four-050348703.html?vp=1#7GwhuZZ

Nostalgic
16th October 2013, 03:56
One is

Could've been worse I suppose. All four could've been.

Living across the pond, I'm curious about Brit Paks. Is there a big presence of these obscurantist types in the communities there? Do you guys usually know which mosque to avoid, people to avoid etc?

Cpt. Rishwat
16th October 2013, 04:14

Living across the pond, I'm curious about Brit Paks. Is there a big presence of these obscurantist types in the communities there? Do you guys usually know which mosque to avoid, people to avoid etc?

I visit mosques very rarely, usually only to pay respects to the dead at a funeral, but of the ones I know, they don't usually tolerate political activism or extremism. I would imagine if anyone is involved in this sort of stuff it will be underground. We still don't know whether these people arrested will actually be charged with anything yet it should be said. This was a pre-emptive operation like in The Minority Report.

mani1
16th October 2013, 04:16

I've never come across any of these type of guys. It's mainly a London and Salafi thing and Anjem Chaudrey is the public face and a media darling and "Head of the UK Sharia Court"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22650053

Nostalgic
16th October 2013, 04:29
Thanks for your replies. So there really isn't anything like a "radical mosque," i.e. ones where a particularly high number of these types seem to emerge out of?

What about Hizb ul Tehreer? We hear quite a bit about them from time to time.

Cpt. Rishwat
16th October 2013, 05:04
Thanks for your replies. So there really isn't anything like a "radical mosque," i.e. ones where a particularly high number of these types seem to emerge out of?

Really? When did you hear about them? Most folk in the UK aren't even aware of them, yet "across the pond" you've heard of them?

Nostalgic
16th October 2013, 08:16
Really? When did you hear about them? Most folk in the UK aren't even aware of them, yet "across the pond" you've heard of them?

I'm surprised by that. I thought they were quite vociferous and prominent, since they are marginally "above ground."

Robert
16th October 2013, 11:18

Some radicalisation of British Muslims and reverts happens in our jails, sadly.

Then there was this fellow: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/9410846/Terror-arrests-former-BBC-security-guard-Richard-Dart-charged.html What made me sad when I watched the documentary about him was the lack of a father figure in his life. He was rudderless, and fell for the Big Idea.

DeadlyVenom
16th October 2013, 11:59
I'm surprised by that. I thought they were quite vociferous and prominent, since they are marginally "above ground."

They are over represented on internet discussion forums

James
16th October 2013, 12:11

East London Mosque has been one of the more controversial ones.

Space Cat
16th October 2013, 12:50
In before rambling conspiracy theories.

Cpt. Rishwat
16th October 2013, 14:23

There are a handful of vociferous trolls who are given huge media coverage it's true. But they aren't usually welcomed by the mosques I know of. Perhaps in London it's different, but I'd be surprised if it is.

chacha kashmiri
16th October 2013, 18:08

what's east london mosque meant to have done

There are government covert operations in every mosque in the uk to what imams say on khutbas to the extra classes they take to enhance their english skills etc

The sad thing is imams are on minimum wage, and are expected to keep their communities away from drugs, weapons and women as well as teaching them peace and faith as well as seen in the community as exlempary role models

Coming back to this story, it's a shame it has come out just before eid
and it's 99% percent likely they will be released after their 28 days without charge , after which they are more likely to become radicalised

Cpt. Rishwat
16th October 2013, 18:17
My only contact with Hizbut Tahrir was with some students in London quite a few years back. They were a rag tag bunch of loudmouths who no one took seriously even then, not even the police from what I can remember. I suppose this is where Anjem Choudhery sprouted from so there are still a few of them roaming around. They should be arrested for vandalism if nothing else, with their stupid khilafah stickers defacing city lamp posts.

Nostalgic
17th October 2013, 00:27
Thanks for the insights, all.

How common is the bringing over of Imams from back home? I've always felt that to be a step backwards. Most of them aren't too well-versed in the subculture they are arriving into, with all its subtle intricacies.

chacha kashmiri
18th October 2013, 03:12
Thanks for the insights, all.

How common is the bringing over of Imams from back home? I've always felt that to be a step backwards. Most of them aren't too well-versed in the subculture they are arriving into, with all its subtle intricacies.

i've always found them to be very well versed in the quran with excelllent qiraat etc

Eagle_Eye
18th October 2013, 04:08

You must be thinking of captin hook and finsbury park