PDA

View Full Version : How to become fluent in a language?

Phool
12th December 2013, 22:40
My question is that How can you become as fluent as a native in a language?

OZGOD
21st December 2013, 17:09
Live in the country in question. I learned more French in 3 months living in Geneva than I did in 5 years at school.

endymion248
21st December 2013, 20:43
Live in the country in question. I learned more French in 3 months living in Geneva than I did in 5 years at school.

Très bon conseil. J'ai également résidé en Suisse durant plusieurs années.

DHONI183
21st December 2013, 21:17
Très bon conseil. J'ai également résidé en Suisse durant plusieurs années.

How many years did you live in Switzerland to be exact?

endymion248
21st December 2013, 21:45
How many years did you live in Switzerland to be exact?

Ah, dhoni, our very own language savant :)

3 years but they were in the german part of the country and learning french is not really a great concern there. I still have a decent enough level, I like to think.

zimmz
29th December 2013, 05:42
Agree with OZGOD. The fast track of learning the language is to be with natives. Especially if you have no other choice but to speak local language. Besides routinely watching TV, reading papers, interacting with natives on forums improve listening, reading, and writing.

DHONI183
29th December 2013, 13:05
Sorry if I sound like an attention seeker (and I have that 'quality' anyway), but here´s how I learnt English....

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?p=6268273#post6268273

Completely independently on my own.

Ah, dhoni, our very own language savant :)

3 years but they were in the german part of the country and learning french is not really a great concern there. I still have a decent enough level, I like to think.

Hmmm....

fastyy
30th December 2013, 07:45
Watch videos of people speaking, keep speaking it and if possible live in a place where people speak that language. If you have an accent in that language, there are many videos online to help you with that; you only have to make slight changes in your tongue and mouth positions and it does wonders!

abcpark
26th February 2014, 09:30
very interesting.but its really not so easy.

Manaexpress
6th May 2014, 10:22
Speak it as much u can,as they say u will break the legs of that language but eventually u'll learn

DHONI183
6th May 2014, 12:26
Speak it as much u can,as they say u will break the legs of that language but eventually u'll learn

"Breaking the legs" of a language is such a wonderful term to come from our languages:)).