PDA

View Full Version : Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather agree £160m Las Vegas mega-fight [Confirmed May 2 2015]

Sakss
15th February 2015, 00:16
Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather agree £160m Las Vegas mega-fight

The richest match-up in boxing history between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao has finally been agreed after years of haggling.

A source close to the Filipino boxer and congressman revealed to The Sunday Telegraph that Pacquiao completed his contractual agreements on Saturday and that Mayweather is set to sign and will announce the contest which is expected to be worth $250 million (£162 million) in the coming days.

Mayweather was in New York on Friday, buying hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of jewellery, and there are indications that the unbeaten American boxer could even decide to announce the superfight officially at the NBA All-Star Game tip-off, which takes place on Sunday at Madison Square Garden.

“Manny has 100 per cent signed his side of the deal,” the source told Telegraph Sport. “It is now over to Mayweather to close the deal and announce the fight.” Pacquiao himself revealed Friday that he has started training in General Santos City, Philippines for his next fight.

Before his face-to-face meeting with Pacquiao last month at a basketball match in Miami, where the pair later met for an hour in the Filipino's hotel suite, Mayweather had appeared on CBS coverage of a boxing event in December and announced that his decision was to face Pacquiao in the ring on May 2.

Rivals Pacquiao and Mayweather bump into each other at basketball match 28 Jan 2015
Through January, however, leaked comments from both sides led to claim and counter-claim over negotiations, which appeared to have stalled again.

But the meeting in Miami re-ignited the deal. Both parties agreed that MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas would be the venue of the fight.

Mayweather has had his past 10 fights there, while Pacquiao has had five of his past seven bouts there.

The fight the world has waited for, on and off for almost six years, now looks set to take place at the MGM Grand on May 2, although it is believed that there are two other dates on the table.

Behind the scenes, the talks have been complex. Top Rank chairman Bob Arum, Pacquiao’s promoter, has overseen his side of the negotiations for the bout since November last year through Leslie Moonves, the president and CEO of CBS, whose subsidiary network Showtime has two more fights left on a six-fight deal with Mayweather.

It is understood that Mayweather's adviser, Al Haymon, has secured a 60 per cent cut of the revenue for his fighter, with Pacquiao, 36, having agreed to a 40 per cent cut.

Mayweather, unbeaten in 47 fights with 26 knockouts, who turns 38 in nine days' time, will take his career earnings to over half a billion dollars from this contest. But the greatest risk to 'Money' Mayweather in this fight is the loss of his status as an unbeaten fighter.

The megafight between the pair of welterweight world champions is expected to shatter all boxing's box-office records, including the all-time pay-per-view buy record of 2.4 million (Mayweather-Oscar De La Hoya), the pay-per-view revenue record of £100 million (Mayweather-Canelo Alvarez) and the all-time gate record of £13 million (Mayweather-Alvarez).

The teams, according to the Pacquiao side, have also agreed on the policy for the 8-ounce gloves they will wear, and have concurred on a pre and post-fight drug testing programme, the latter issue having scuppered talks in 2009, and then in 2010.

The United States Anti-Doping Agency will be assigned for random drug-testing leading into the fight, with all other matters for the bout to be overseen by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
Pacquiao is under contract with cable network HBO/Time Warner, and it understood that both broadcasters will air a joint pay-per-view event.

The rival television networks had a similar agreement when heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis fought Mike Tyson in 2002.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxing/manny-pacquiao/11413250/Manny-Pacquiao-and-Floyd-Mayweather-agree-160m-Las-Vegas-mega-fight.html

shaz619
15th February 2015, 00:19
I'll believe this when Money puts pen to paper and I actually see them in a ring

Anchorman
15th February 2015, 00:40
Somebody please post that Steve Carrel .gif from The Office where he's screaming "Okay..its happening. EVERYBODY CALM DOWN! IT'S HAPPENING!" That's how I feel about this.

OZGOD
15th February 2015, 11:27
It's a shame this didn't happen 5 years ago when both were still in their prime. I feel like it's one of those "last big payday" things. Nonetheless they're two of the best still.

Anchorman
15th February 2015, 19:06
It's a shame this didn't happen 5 years ago when both were still in their prime. I feel like it's one of those "last big payday" things. Nonetheless they're two of the best still.

The world will still tune in to watch the biggest fight boxing has to offer.

OZGOD
15th February 2015, 19:39

Oh for sure. They're both still a class above everyone else. But 5 years ago I would've backed Pacman, today I think Mayweather will take it. Pacman's lost a lot of power and Pretty Boy Floyd hasn't lost a lot of footwork.

Anchorman
15th February 2015, 19:45
Oh for sure. They're both still a class above everyone else. But 5 years ago I would've backed Pacman, today I think Mayweather will take it. Pacman's lost a lot of power and Pretty Boy Floyd hasn't lost a lot of footwork.

I have Floyd via SD.

soso_killer
15th February 2015, 23:06
Both are past their prime in my opinion.
Especially Manny who relied on power whereas Floyd relies on footwork and a very solid defence.
I can't see any other result than a Mayweather victory, be it a split decision, a KO or unanimous decisions.
Its a pity really as this is nothing more than a pension fund for both men.
But something is better than nothing, two of the best boxers of their era. Hopefully Mayweather signs the deal, would not surprise me to see him pull out.

London_Lahori
15th February 2015, 23:54
Not confirmed yet guys!

PakFan2010
16th February 2015, 00:25
Both are past their prime in my opinion.
Especially Manny who relied on power whereas Floyd relies on footwork and a very solid defence.
I can't see any other result than a Mayweather victory, be it a split decision, a KO or unanimous decisions.
Its a pity really as this is nothing more than a pension fund for both men.
But something is better than nothing, two of the best boxers of their era. Hopefully Mayweather signs the deal, would not surprise me to see him pull out.
Lmao, what crap.

They are both P4P 1 and 2 and the best in their weight classes.

soso_killer
16th February 2015, 01:14
Lmao, what crap.

They are both P4P 1 and 2 and the best in their weight classes[QUOTE]
And I clearly stated that.
[QUOTE]But something is better than nothing, two of the best boxers of their era
Manny was recently knocked down recently and lost. 6/5 years ago this bout would have been at its absolute peak.
Only crap I see is a lack of comprehension.

shaz619
16th February 2015, 02:19

True, Bit like Undertaker v Sting. But agree with OZGOD, back in 2009 I had doubts about the winner it wasn't a given that either would win it was a genuine 50/50 fight and now am pretty certain Floyd will get the points win after some scares.

Back Foot Drive
16th February 2015, 03:03
True, Bit like Undertaker v Sting. But agree with OZGOD, back in 2009 I had doubts about the winner it wasn't a given that either would win it was a genuine 50/50 fight and now am pretty certain Floyd will get the points win after some scares.

Air Oh Dynam Oh.....Now shut the hell up please, lmao.

shaz619
16th February 2015, 03:13
Air Oh Dynam Oh.....Now shut the hell up please, lmao.

lmao

Back Foot Drive
16th February 2015, 03:14
lmao

I am Hulk Hogan in the form of Mr.America

shaz619
16th February 2015, 03:22
I am Hulk Hogan in the form of Mr.America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk6Q4sOLjP4

Back Foot Drive
16th February 2015, 03:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk6Q4sOLjP4

Good Gawd Almighty, Sable, my willy is broken in half, somebody stop the ejacu.......

shaz619
16th February 2015, 03:41
Good Gawd Almighty, Sable, my willy is broken in half, somebody stop the ejacu.......

lmao i never posted the video because of her but because of M.America being fired

Back Foot Drive
16th February 2015, 03:48
lmao i never posted the video because of her but because of M.America being fired

Cool story.

chacha kashmiri
17th February 2015, 03:47
Mayweather waiting till Manny's reflexes completely go just like Lennox did with Tyson

OZGOD
17th February 2015, 05:12
Mayweather waiting till Manny's reflexes completely go just like Lennox did with Tyson

And till Manny's power goes completely and he is hitting like a wet noodle probably

BlackThunder
21st February 2015, 06:02
Better late than never. Lets hope both fighters stay injury free. Mayweather made the announcement via the Shots app.

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/boxing/story?storyId=12355361&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B"ref"%3A"https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ca%2F"%7D

BlackThunder
21st February 2015, 06:05
I am picking Manny in 7. No logic behind it other than intuition.

Anchorman
21st February 2015, 07:44
FINALLY. PBF via SD or Manny via SD in a fight that everybody accepts he lost. MGM sold out in 15 minutes.

shah_1
22nd February 2015, 16:56
Fight of the century

Anchorman
22nd February 2015, 17:33
Fight of the century

I was about to say "WHAAT?!" then I remembered this is the 21st century and how you're probably right. :))

chacha kashmiri
22nd February 2015, 17:38
Fight of the century

Tyson Lewis looked better on paper

But this will probably be less one sided

shaz619
22nd February 2015, 18:31
I am picking Manny in 7. No logic behind it other than intuition.

My intuition believes pak will win the world cup with younis getting a double hundred in the final :yk

shaz619
22nd February 2015, 18:31
It's finally happening! my expectations of the fight itself are not too high but it will be a great spectacle

shaz619
22nd February 2015, 18:37
Tyson Lewis looked better on paper

But this will probably be less one sided

To be fair floyd is no.1 in the world and Manny is still kinda no.2 despite him being past his best still a good fighter, when Tyson and Lewis clashed i don't think they were two of the best pound for pound fighters on the planet. Lews prob was no.1 in the HW div but Tyson had already lost twice to holyfield and was a shadow of the fighter he use to be

chacha kashmiri
22nd February 2015, 18:52
To be fair floyd is no.1 in the world and Manny is still kinda no.2 despite him being past his best still a good fighter, when Tyson and Lewis clashed i don't think they were two of the best pound for pound fighters on the planet. Lews prob was no.1 in the HW div but Tyson had already lost twice to holyfield and was a shadow of the fighter he use to be

Heavyweight boxing has traditionally always been more exciting
P4p importance only risen with the decline in heavyweights

Tyson's pantomime comments about eating lennox's kids also hyped it up more

shaz619
22nd February 2015, 18:58
Heavyweight boxing has traditionally always been more exciting
P4p importance only risen with the decline in heavyweights

Tyson's pantomime comments about eating lennox's kids also hyped it up more

:))) what was he thinking, didn't he bite his leg as well or something at a press conference?

I agree, when it came to excitement and spectacle the HW div was the one to see. I remember all my family who have no interest in boxing at all buy PPVs from sky to see the Fights between Tyson, Evander and Lewis Remember the line of police in the ring i think? splitting lewis and tyson before the bell rang it was a sight to behold :)) Having said that the lower weights have still maintained interest in boxing consistently throughout time, Morales, Manny, JMM, Corales, Ward, Gatti, Naseem Hamed, Barrera etc HW div bought in the casuals

BlackThunder
23rd February 2015, 02:02
My intuition believes pak will win the world cup with younis getting a double hundred in the final :yk

By the looks of things your intuition is out of whack :yk2

OZGOD
25th February 2015, 07:40
Ticket pricing for this event has gone off the charts. Shame, I was going to sell my Audi and get on Ticketmaster to get a floor seat. Looks like the supply won't even be there for little old me.

Boxing fans have waited six long years to see the two greatest fighters of this generation square off in the ring. Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao finally got a deal done last week to meet on May 2 in Las Vegas, and the intense demand to see the latest “fight of the century” is producing historical pricing levels for those that want to secure tickets.

Tickets have not gone on sale to the public yet, but they are expected to start at $1,000 with ringside seats fetching a face value of $5,000. This will result in a total gate of around $40 million for the 16,800-seat MGM Grand Garden Arena. It would double the previous biggest gate in boxing history, which was $20 million for the Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez fight billed as “The One” in September 2013.

The reality is that few tickets will wind up available to the public with the MGM Grand, sponsors, promoters and the fighters snapping up many of the ducats before they go on sale. You can purchase tickets on the secondary market through online sellers like SeatGeek, which already has 422 seats for sale via ticket brokers who for the most part have relationships with the venue or other sources where they know they will have access to tickets.

Early pricing is through the roof, but it is not clear if it is realistic, as no tickets have been sold yet through SeatGeek, according to Connor Gregoire, an analyst with the company. The cheapest seat listed for the fight is $4,116 with a median price of $9,218. Floor seats start at $22,441. This compares to an average secondary price of $2,168 for Mayweather-Alvarez. Gregoire expects tickets for Mayweather-Pacquiao to eventual settle in at least twice as high The One.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2015/02/24/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-ticket-pricing-goes-berserk/

Anchorman
25th February 2015, 17:30
So what are everybody's plans for this? Where are you guys planning on watching it?

shaz619
25th February 2015, 18:41
So what are everybody's plans for this? Where are you guys planning on watching it?

I presume it will be shown on sky sports in the UK? not sure if it will be on box office, it will be exam period then so not sure if I will be able to watch it live :( hopefully am free then. Most likely will be watching it in my flat at uni.

shaz619
25th February 2015, 18:42
what about you Anchorman

OmaIR1
25th February 2015, 19:05
Will be watching on TV.

Predicting a Mayweather UD, however if Pac lands something of substance via speed/power it could make things interesting.

Anchorman
25th February 2015, 19:24
what about you Anchorman

I'm in Pakistan and I don't think it will televised on any channels here. PTV Sports shows Amir Khan fights live but I highly doubt they'll fork out the cash for PBF/Pacman which means I'm left with two choices. Stream it or download it the next day. Since it will be nearly impossible to avoid any news about the fight result for a whole day, I reckon I'll just stream it.

The fight is also happening on my girlfriend's birthday and its scheduled to start early in the morning which means I won't be able to sleep out of excitement. After the fight, I'll be on here discussing the aftermath with you lot and then will spend the day with her. Promises to be a long day. :afaq Can't wait though. :akhtar

Anchorman
25th February 2015, 19:26
^ That "Promises to be a long day" comment was more to do with me being sleep-deprived and did NOT have anything to do with me not wanting to spend the day with you. Just in case you're reading this, babe.

You never know with women. Gotta cover all bases. :bhatti

Amjid Javed
25th February 2015, 19:38
Mayweather win with ease by points unless Pac man gets sloppy and we could seem him KOed

shaz619
25th February 2015, 19:59
I'm in Pakistan and I don't think it will televised on any channels here. PTV Sports shows Amir Khan fights live but I highly doubt they'll fork out the cash for PBF/Pacman which means I'm left with two choices. Stream it or download it the next day. Since it will be nearly impossible to avoid any news about the fight result for a whole day, I reckon I'll just stream it.

The fight is also happening on my girlfriend's birthday and its scheduled to start early in the morning which means I won't be able to sleep out of excitement. After the fight, I'll be on here discussing the aftermath with you lot and then will spend the day with her. Promises to be a long day. :afaq Can't wait though. :akhtar

You can stream it or if you want SQ or HD quality you'd have to get a VPN so you could buy the fight from one of the American sites. You could watch the fight with your gf :)) yeah should be one hell of a spectacle, not been this excited since Tyson vs Lewis

Cpt. Rishwat
25th February 2015, 20:35
I think the Manny of 3 years ago would have given him a real fight. But Mayweather will win this easily, age has taken a bigger toll on Manny's attributes than Mayweather's.

BlackThunder
25th February 2015, 22:07

My employment is such that I will definitely be on assignment this night but regardless there is noway I am missing this fight. I am either going to sneak into a bar or most probably call in sick and watch it with friends at a sports bar that we frequent on fight nights.

Thivagar
26th February 2015, 02:36
Never knew there would be a big thread on this. I appreciate the hard work that Floyd goes through and I have so much respect for him but I still hate him though :yk. I'll be supporting Manny.

miandadrules
26th February 2015, 04:44
I'm going to be in Vegas for the fight but unlikely I'll be able to get to tickets.

Back up is to watch it on closed circuit while I'm there.

OZGOD
26th February 2015, 05:41

I still haven't given up hope of getting a ticket :)) I will see how much they cost.

miandadrules
26th February 2015, 06:20
I still haven't given up hope of getting a ticket :)) I will see how much they cost.

Are they only available directly from the MGM?

habibi hayya
26th February 2015, 06:24
Tickets will be sold out immediately. too many bits buying on behalf of scalpers. Your best bet is to buy through stubhub.

habibi hayya
26th February 2015, 06:25
Bots*

Anchorman
26th February 2015, 08:57

If you manage to go to that fight, I will be the most jealous person on PP. :afaq

Anchorman
26th February 2015, 09:02
I think the majority in this thread are Manny fans and will be rooting for him but believe that Floyd will come out the winner. After rewatching Manny's last few fights, I'm even more excited about it. His demise has been greatly exaggerated and I think he'll push PBF really close and may end up winning a split decision.

Mayweather is a slow starter and I've maintained that this fight will go to a SD no matter who wins so they can push for a superfight. I'm supporting Mayweather btw. He's the guy who made me get back into boxing.

Gotham Cronie
26th February 2015, 09:29
Not a fan of boxing but looking forward to this fight.

OZGOD
27th February 2015, 11:11
Supposedly Manny is playing basketball for his club team in the Philippines :facepalm:

Hopefully he doesn't make a fool of himself and get injured

I do want Manny to win. Absolutely hate Pretty Boy Floyd Money Mayweather and his stupid Instagram posts :po:

I don't know if Manny still has that power though.

BlackThunder
27th February 2015, 11:33
Supposedly Manny is playing basketball for his club team in the Philippines :facepalm:

Hopefully he doesn't make a fool of himself and get injured

I do want Manny to win. Absolutely hate Pretty Boy Floyd Money Mayweather and his stupid Instagram posts :po:

I don't know if Manny still has that power though.

Absolutely ridiculous of him to take that chance. If he gets injured playing basketball Floyd has every right to refuse to give him another shot or demand a much larger % of cash than 60-40. For the fans sake Roach needs to finsh his thing in China and get the training camp going in LA as soon as possible, Manny needs to be away from Philippine, he needs his head in the game asap to have a realistic shot of dethroning Floyd.

miandadrules
27th February 2015, 11:38
He normally plays basketball before his fights.

It's more of a light session than an intense game.

BlackThunder
27th February 2015, 11:48
He normally plays basketball before his fights.

It's more of a light session than an intense game.

He is playing in the Philippines main basketball league. How??? He owns the team.

OZGOD
27th February 2015, 16:30
He is playing in the Philippines main basketball league. How??? He owns the team.

He scores like 2 points a game :))

BlackThunder
28th February 2015, 03:22
Manny is apparently planning to sing his own entrance song :))

Don't do it Manny :(

BlackThunder
28th February 2015, 03:27
Also just like the Tyson vs Lennox fight we will have the battle of boxing announcers. Micheal Buffer will introduce Pacman and Jimmy Lennon Mayweather. The winning announcers will get to shine at the end by announcing the results :))

shaz619
28th February 2015, 04:27
Also just like the Tyson vs Lennox fight we will have the battle of boxing announcers. Micheal Buffer will introduce Pacman and Jimmy Lennon Mayweather. The winning announcers will get to shine at the end by announcing the results :))

Justin Beiber should announce for Mayweather and perform his entrance music

BlackThunder
28th February 2015, 16:29
Justin Beiber should announce for Mayweather and perform his entrance music

Wouldn't put it pass Floyd.

BlackThunder
7th March 2015, 02:30
"Floyd's not going to have his best cornerman in his corner because there's no question in my mind that Roger is the better trainer," Roach said. "Floyd got 90 percent of his wins with Roger working with him. Roger is way better. I think Floyd Sr. is a terrible cornerman. I really do."

I love how Freddie is trying to start trouble in Floyd's camp with these comment :)) Floyd's uncle and dad are such loose cannons that it wouldn't surprise me if a fall out occurs between the three close to the fight.

BlackThunder
12th March 2015, 05:03
May vs Pac full kickoff press conference held today at LA.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sL7EQk6C3jA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BlackThunder
12th March 2015, 08:51
After watching this interview of Pacman I am now almost certain Pacquiao is going to hand Floyd his first defeat on May 2nd. Despite Stephen A Smiths annoying antics I don't ever recall Pacman being as forthright and confident as this. Man can't wait for May 2nd.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8UPToQpA9rw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>