View Full Version : 2015 Champions League: Results and Discussion

OZGOD
18th February 2015, 05:14
Thus far (home team first):

PSG 1 Chelsea 1
Bayern Munich 0 - Shakhtar Donetsk 0

OZGOD
18th February 2015, 05:17
Alonso sent off as Bayern are held to a nil-all draw at Donetsk (or more specifically at Lviv in western Ukraine as Donbass Arena in Donetsk has been damaged by shelling due to the rebellion).

For Chelski, great efforts from Courtois to deny Matuidi and then Zlatan in stoppage time to preserve a 1-1 draw at PSG.

chacha kashmiri
18th February 2015, 20:14
Chelsea were played off the park by cavani in the second hall, Chelsea Held on with the away goal though

Laparwah
19th February 2015, 01:48
I want Chelsea out! Desperate to see that smirk wiped of Mourinho's face.

Anchorman
19th February 2015, 09:43
That was probably the first time I've ever seen Cavani play well.

Mamoon
19th February 2015, 15:41
I think PSG can spring a surprise in the next leg.

Professional performance by Madrid, but you can see that they are not in top gear.

Would love City to beat Barcelona at Etihad, but the Catalans are hitting peak form at the perfect time.

Arsenal should comfortably dismiss Monaco at home.

Anchorman
19th February 2015, 17:07
I think PSG can spring a surprise in the next leg.

Professional performance by Madrid, but you can see that they are not in top gear.

Would love City to beat Barcelona at Etihad, but the Catalans are hitting peak form at the perfect time.

Arsenal should comfortably dismiss Monaco at home.

Barcelona in this form will absolutely annihilate City. Their trident is clicking and it's scary good. It also seems like finally they have a manager who's comfortable counter-attacking, if they're put on the back foot. The amount of times they open up their opposition these days is scary; they're easily the most entertaining team to watch this season.

You wanna attack them? Sure, go ahead. Just beware that when you lose the ball, one precise ball from Iniesta/Rakitic will find either Neymar/Messi/Suarez who will run at you and when a couple of your players close them down, they'll lay it off to one of their mates, who are capable of scoring from anywhere in and around the box. It's scary. Messi in top form again, Neymar settled and Suarez getting back to his best.

They dismantled Levante 5-0, without starting Suarez and Messi scored a hattrick without getting out of second gear. It sounds bizarre but if anyone saw the match they would agree. Then when you think it's all over, they bring on Suarez, who scores a bicycle with his weaker foot. They will take some stopping this season.

Mamoon
19th February 2015, 18:22
Barcelona in this form will absolutely annihilate City. Their trident is clicking and it's scary good. It also seems like finally they have a manager who's comfortable counter-attacking, if they're put on the back foot. The amount of times they open up their opposition these days is scary; they're easily the most entertaining team to watch this season.

You wanna attack them? Sure, go ahead. Just beware that when you lose the ball, one precise ball from Iniesta/Rakitic will find either Neymar/Messi/Suarez who will run at you and when a couple of your players close them down, they'll lay it off to one of their mates, who are capable of scoring from anywhere in and around the box. It's scary. Messi in top form again, Neymar settled and Suarez getting back to his best.

They dismantled Levante 5-0, without starting Suarez and Messi scored a hattrick without getting out of second gear. It sounds bizarre but if anyone saw the match they would agree. Then when you think it's all over, they bring on Suarez, who scores a bicycle with his weaker foot. They will take some stopping this season.

Messi, Neymar and Suarez was always going to be too hot to handle for any team, and now they are finally on the same wavelength.

Messi is back to his best as well. Chances for City are really slim, but if they can get a win at Etihad than they might be in with a shout.

Abdullah
19th February 2015, 18:39
I think City just need to be in the tie going to the nou camp-say 1-1- they are good enough to get past the first press of barcelona with short swift passes, then you have toure and aguero running at a back 2.

At City barcelona will also look to counter so City should just sit back too and allow them onto them.
In the camp nou (depending on match situation) Barca will look to dictate more and that is when City have the skills to take advantage.

I think it will be closer than what a lot of people expect

Anchorman
19th February 2015, 20:15
I think City just need to be in the tie going to the nou camp-say 1-1- they are good enough to get past the first press of barcelona with short swift passes, then you have toure and aguero running at a back 2.

At City barcelona will also look to counter so City should just sit back too and allow them onto them.
In the camp nou (depending on match situation) Barca will look to dictate more and that is when City have the skills to take advantage.

I think it will be closer than what a lot of people expect

I disagree with you completely. I would be very very surprised if City manage to get a result in either leg. What makes me so sure, is their matches last season. I don't think anybody would argue that City were better last year, they had a more settled defence, Toure was playing at a higher level, as was Aguero. Barca was in complete disarray, Messi was out of form for his standards, Neymar wasn't settling, Alexis/Pedro weren't having much of a impact and their defense was a complete shambles.

What happened when they played each other? Barca ran out 4-1 winners and tbh, the scoreline flattered City. Barca completely played them off the park. Back then, Barca didn't counter-attack either, but now they have added that dimension to their game. The addition of Suarez, the settling of Neymar and the resurgence of the Messi has completely rejuvenated them, and I expect them to decimate City, 5-2 over the course of two legs, but the scoreline will flatter City.

Abdullah
19th February 2015, 20:20
I disagree with you completely. I would be very very surprised if City manage to get a result in either leg. What makes me so sure, is their matches last season. I don't think anybody would argue that City were better last year, they had a more settled defence, Toure was playing at a higher level, as was Aguero. Barca was in complete disarray, Messi was out of form for his standards, Neymar wasn't settling, Alexis/Pedro weren't having much of a impact and their defense was a complete shambles.

What happened when they played each other? Barca ran out 4-1 winners and tbh, the scoreline flattered City. Barca completely played them off the park. Back then, Barca didn't counter-attack either, but now they have added that dimension to their game. The addition of Suarez, the settling of Neymar and the resurgence of the Messi has completely rejuvenated them, and I expect them to decimate City, 5-2 over the course of two legs, but the scoreline will flatter City.

There was absolutely nothing between the teams until Demichelis meltdown- once they were down to ten they did really well to only keep it to 2-0. But obviously you aint getting the ball of barca 10 v 11.
That is why I said they need to keep it to 1-1 this time, because last time they turned up at the nou camp they had to come out a bit to retrieve the situation and that played into the hands of Barca.

Demichelis is much much more assured now though Kompany is struggling a bit.
Ageuro Silva Nasri and Toure will be ready. Nasri won't play though.

Let's see what happens

Anchorman
24th February 2015, 19:39
City vs Barca tonight at the Etihad. Should be an absolute cracker. This will keep me up pretty much all night even though I have an exam tomorrow. I hope I don't regret it! :akhtar

OZGOD
25th February 2015, 07:17
Results today (home team first):

Man City 1 - Barcelona 2
Juventus 2 - Dortmund 1

OZGOD
25th February 2015, 07:17
Big win for Barcelona and I believe Saj was at the match! Tell us what the atmosphere was like mate.

Anchorman
25th February 2015, 17:34
As predicted, Barca ran out comfortable winners and yes, a 2-1 result away is comfortable! Messi was brilliant again, but the miss will be highlighted. He truly is a dreadful penalty taker, maybe Suarez should've taken it and got himself a hattrick. Suarez took both his goals REALLY well, and put up a match-winning performance. He truly is showing his worth now. The first goal was a brilliant pass by Messi and he finished it off brilliantly on his weaker foot while the second was all because of Messi/Alba but his movement was outstanding too.

Anchorman
25th February 2015, 17:35
Big win for Barcelona and I believe Saj was at the match! Tell us what the atmosphere was like mate.

I hope he was in the away section of the crowd because they were the only ones making any noise. The Etihad was barely up for it and it looked like they had no hope in their team. Embarrassing.

ddss
26th February 2015, 01:58
Arsenal down 2-0 vs. Monaco

chacha kashmiri
26th February 2015, 02:00
City plAyed well second half and could have won against a lop sided barca team had dzeko been more prolific

Amjid Javed
26th February 2015, 02:10
Arsenal lose 3-1 at home, worst performance at home ive ever seen in champions league! just FA Cup and CL spot to scrap for.

Sakss
18th March 2015, 01:03
Suarez has scored for Athletico making it 1-1 on aggregate while Giroud scores for Arsenal, still a ladder to climb

MenInG
18th March 2015, 01:08
Arsenal need atleast three goals

OZGOD
18th March 2015, 01:23
Arsenal 1-0 so far can they get 2 more???? Fly the flag for Blighty!

GLORY OF '92
18th March 2015, 02:15
FT : Monaco 0-2 Arsenal. Arsenal out on away goals. Brave fight by Arsenal.

pakistanikiwi
18th March 2015, 02:23
Aresnal probably left 2 much to do away..***** :(

Slog
18th March 2015, 02:24
typical arsenal

cant get job done

The_KING
18th March 2015, 02:35
Away goal rule is so idiotic. Seriously what's the point of it?

GLORY OF '92
18th March 2015, 03:15
Athletico 1-0 Leverkusen. AMD through after Penalties with Torres hitting winning kick.

chacha kashmiri
18th March 2015, 04:04
City to win in Barca

Uphill task esp as barca are more than likely to score

GLORY OF '92
18th March 2015, 22:12
Tonight's games :

Barcelona vs Man City
Dortmund vs Juventus

finalfantasy7
19th March 2015, 00:34
powerful strike by tevez, but really poor goalkeeping. Made leicstenier shot seem hard as well

keysersoze
19th March 2015, 01:07
Hard to believe anyone could be better then messi in the history of the sport he's been that good today.

finalfantasy7
19th March 2015, 02:03
juve 3-0, dortmund have been really poor, since juve went 1-0 up think thr players have lost thr heart, should really be 4-0 as moratta missed that 1on1,

this reus guy - i understand he plays for the team, but never really been imprressed by him to say he can play for the top teams

GLORY OF '92
19th March 2015, 02:10
FT : Barcelona 1-0 Man City. City are out of Europe for another season.

zulfiqar
19th March 2015, 02:11
yay barca!

Dude, Reus rocks. He would make most teams as first choice. I hope Barca don't draw Bayern Munich.. everyone else is gonna get smashed!

finalfantasy7
19th March 2015, 02:19
yay barca!

Dude, Reus rocks. He would make most teams as first choice. I hope Barca don't draw Bayern Munich.. everyone else is gonna get smashed!
Overrated - in 1st leg only scored cuz of chiellini falling over, and in 2nd leg anonymous all game, just looks like a slightly better version off padolski

Saj
19th March 2015, 02:47
City lucky to get away with 3-1 over the two legs.

The gulf in class between the two teams was huge. Could have been 8 or 9 goals for Barcelona over the two legs.

20th March 2015, 18:26
QF Draw

Paris Saint-Germain vs. Barcelona
Atletico Madrid vs. Real Madrid :yk
FC Porto vs. Bayern Munich
Juventus vs. AS Monaco

chacha kashmiri
21st March 2015, 01:16
Tough draw for the Spanish teams

dzor
21st March 2015, 01:59
I wanna see Juventus go through all the way lol

Kianig89
31st March 2015, 22:05
Bayern Barca n Real are guaranteed Juve will,be the last SF

BigBoy123
2nd April 2015, 14:46
ATH madrid will be too strong for real as they have been through out this season

Sent from my Nexus 4