PDA

View Full Version : Twitter just got banned in my Office; Any other way I can use it on Pc?

Nido
8th March 2015, 20:13
was just wondering if there are any special websites that let you browse twitter indirectly?..For instance ytpak.com lets you watch yotube.Surely the countries where twitter is banned must've come up with something like we did in Pak for youtube?

in_cutter
8th March 2015, 22:54
Is it really essential?

Nostalgic
9th March 2015, 00:25
Get your nephew to tweet on your behalf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShahKhan007
9th March 2015, 12:19
You should be ashamed of yourself. You are no different than a thief.

SULTAN
9th March 2015, 13:19
lol @ Nido getting owned.

srsly Nido, get off damn Twitter and get to work.

There is a reason your office banned Twitter.

dhump
9th March 2015, 15:07
Dont use it man if they ban something you have to respect it.

You are paid to work so they have every right to do so.

BlackThunder
9th March 2015, 20:10
This is why hard working honest individuals are a rarity these days. People like the op bring shame to the people of subcontinent. Pathetic.

CricketCartoons
9th March 2015, 20:23
This is why hard working honest individuals are a rarity these days. People like the op bring shame to the people of subcontinent. Pathetic.

It was not a ban. The OP clarified that it was a minor glitch that got fixed.

BlackThunder
9th March 2015, 20:38
It was not a ban. The OP clarified that it was a minor glitch that got fixed.

Stop making excuses for the op and start taking a stand for what's right.

CricketCartoons
9th March 2015, 21:01
Stop making excuses for the op and start taking a stand for what's right.

I am getting tired of being the sole conscious keeper of this forum. Give me a break.

Nido
9th March 2015, 21:07
Do you sell firewalls for living or something? When my organization (which has already banned facebook, Youtube and other social networking sites) doesn't have a problem with twitter (which if you look closely makes sense as well) why the hell are you twisting and turning in your basement?

Nido
9th March 2015, 21:08
^The above message was for Black Thunder.

BlackThunder
9th March 2015, 21:39
^The above message was for Black Thunder.

A great hard working man once said "You can put wings on a goat but you can't turn it into an eagle". Think about that next time you try justifying your actions. Its already bad enough that you are a neglecting your duty, you don't have to make It worse by pouring fuel into the fire with these excuses.

CricketCartoons
9th March 2015, 21:45
I am getting tired of being the sole conscious keeper of this forum. Give me a break.

I meant conscience. In case no one noticed.

Thivagar
9th March 2015, 22:03
A great hard working man once said "You can put wings on a goat but you can't turn it into an eagle". Think about that next time you try justifying your actions. Its already bad enough that you are a neglecting your duty, you don't have to make It worse by pouring fuel into the fire with these excuses.

Some one is using you to generate wealth, why can't you use twitter to pass your time ?

Nido
9th March 2015, 22:09
Some one is using you to generate wealth, why can't you use twitter to pass your time ?

He thinks that when a company hires you, they literally buy every second/nanno-seconds of your life.In other words the perochial 3rd world fedual mentality in its full glory!

chaiwala
9th March 2015, 22:19
I don't really mind that OP lacks commitment to his work, sadly that is a common occurrence. It's his sheer laziness and entitlement that really irks me. A self proclaimed student of modernity with vast amounts of free information at his disposal, and yet he cannot even do his own research. No, he outsources his dirty work to those shriveled forumers, and becomes upset when they refuse to comply. I owe you nothing OP, stop depending on others and learn to solve your own problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackThunder
9th March 2015, 22:32
He thinks that when a company hires you, they literally buy every second/nanno-seconds of your life.In other words the perochial 3rd world fedual mentality in its full glory!

Manipulating the innocent to do your dirty work, you are even worse than I first thought. Unbelievable. I am disgusted.

Dee1990
9th March 2015, 22:59
Poor guy is getting owned for a simple question, how do you not know he just uses twitter on his work breaks? if websites are blocked for you just google proxy servers.

ShahKhan007
10th March 2015, 03:37
Nido In my short online existence I have never come across to someone as unapologetic as you. As fellow member of this site and also a fellow tweeter I want you to know that I am really disappointed in you.

Thivagar
10th March 2015, 04:28

These guys think, you do nothing but sit on twitter all day :facepalm:. Try using zenmate, you download it from google chrome, change your IP location from US to Canada or something. You get like 4-5 options between countries and you can simply turn it on by simple click of a button.

Laal
10th March 2015, 04:55
More power to you, Nido. Really pathetic, holier than thou behavior by others.

chaiwala
10th March 2015, 05:24
Yes Nido, I too hope you are empowered by your laziness. Ignore the people who actually care enough to recognize your flaws, it's all just sanctimony anyways.

Slog
10th March 2015, 05:29
Its beyond me why its such an issue.

Its not like the OP is saying he is on twitter all day everyday.

Might just be for 5 or so mins every couple of hours

I often just surf soccer or cricket websites at work or even tin this forum for 5-10 mins every 2-3 hours at work. If anything i feel it refreshes me and increases my productivity

saadibaba
10th March 2015, 05:40
:))) Funny thread.

I text, check my email, PP and occasionally twitter from work as well. Sometimes I'm so busy that I don't have time to do anything except work. Thought I never use office computer for these personal indulgences, always my phone. Main reason, don't want people walking by see I'm taking it easy, if even for a sec. Gives a bad impression and after the amount of work I put in, don't want to give anyone even a minute chance to undermine that.

Slog
10th March 2015, 05:49
:))) Funny thread.

I text, check my email, PP and occasionally twitter from work as well. Sometimes I'm so busy that I don't have time to do anything except work. Thought I never use office computer for these personal indulgences, always my phone. Main reason, don't want people walking by see I'm taking it easy, if even for a sec. Gives a bad impression and after the amount of work I put in, don't want to give anyone even a minute chance to undermine that.

i started working this august after graduation

for first 2 weeks, didnt use computer or cell for anything.

then gradually started using phone for fbook, txting and browsing

then started using work computer for browsing

by dec started using facebook on work computer

now everything is fair game haha.

it doesnt really matter as long as im getting the work done one time and efficiently. i walked into my superviosr watching a college football match once :)))

I wonder whether anyone keeps tabs though on whose going on what site

BlackThunder
10th March 2015, 06:13
Nido in life there are intances where you come to a crossroad, on one side you have people saying continue doing what you are doing, on the other you have concern folks showing you the right path. The next decision you make usually goes onto define a better part of your life. This is that moment for you, don't squander it.

Little Master
10th March 2015, 14:00
Some people are still living in the 1990s, the modern day work space is increasingly task oriented. As long as you are finishing the tasks assigned to you properly and on time nobody gives two hoots about what you do with rest of your time.

Mamoon
10th March 2015, 20:10
And I felt guilty for skimming through PakPassion during lectures.