PDA

View Full Version : Raheem Sterling To Ask To Leave Liverpool!

London_Lahori
19th May 2015, 03:45
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32789389

Raheem Sterling is expected to tell Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers that he wants to leave Anfield this summer.

The England forward has already turned down a new 100,000-a-week contract, and denied being a "money-grabber" in a BBC Sport interview last month.

Sterling is due to meet Rodgers and Reds chief executive Ian Ayre on Friday, when he is set to tell them he wants to be sold.

The club are determined to keep the 21-year-old, whose contract ends in 2017.

Should he be made available, Manchester City remain the frontrunners for his signature but Arsenal and a number of leading European clubs have also expressed an interest.

London_Lahori
19th May 2015, 03:46
So in the space of 12 months, Liverpool could have lost Suarez, Gerrard and Sterling. That's an incredible fall from being so close to winning the league.

The_KING
19th May 2015, 04:29
He should stay at Liverpool. I don't think he is as good as he thinks is. He certainly won't be starting every game at other top clubs.

shaz619
19th May 2015, 04:43
So in the space of 12 months, Liverpool could have lost Suarez, Gerrard and Sterling. That's an incredible fall from being so close to winning the league.

When did they last win the league title?

PTI tsunami
19th May 2015, 05:32
Overrated player

London_Lahori
19th May 2015, 06:08
When did they last win the league title?

1990, I think. They can wait another 25 years at least the way that club is going.

Their troubles started in the 90's when they sat on their backsides and allowed other clubs to make strides commercially, expand stadiums and win trophies. They didn't capitalise on their success and now it's come back to bite them.

London_Lahori
20th May 2015, 14:48
Anchorman Markhor justarslan - should you guys sell him?

Amjid Javed
20th May 2015, 18:06
Here is a player who maybe 2/3 seasons will be one of best in the world but is getting to big for his boots right now and still needs to develop as a player and is nowhere near the 40M tag hes been touted for, on flip side i understand he doesnt want to stay at liverpool where he his chances of winning trophies consistantly is very slim.

Markhor
20th May 2015, 18:10
He wouldn't get into the starting XI of any of the top three sides or any of the top European sides.

The lad seems to overrate himself quite a bit.

Anchorman
20th May 2015, 18:39
Anchorman Markhor justarslan - should you guys sell him?

Yes, if an offer of 40m+ comes in, we should sell him. He's not worth nearly that much. You don't buy 40m worth of potential and that's all he is right now - potentially world class. For 40m you get ready-made world-class talent like Isco, Sanchez or Ozil.

Here's the catch though, QPR will get 25% of his transfer fee as part of his initial contract, which is a huge chunk. So if he does decide to leave, we won't be looking for offers nearing the sky, rather we'll be looking player + cash deals. Like if City or Arsenal come in for him, we'll ask something ridiculous like 20m + Dzeko/Walcott.

London_Lahori
20th May 2015, 19:15
He wouldn't get into the starting XI of any of the top three sides or any of the top European sides.

The lad seems to overrate himself quite a bit.

He'd walk into the City side tbh. He's better then Milner and Navas. Apparently Bayern are interested for him to replace Ribery.

Yes, if an offer of 40m+ comes in, we should sell him. He's not worth nearly that much. You don't buy 40m worth of potential and that's all he is right now - potentially world class. For 40m you get ready-made world-class talent like Isco, Sanchez or Ozil.

Here's the catch though, QPR will get 25% of his transfer fee as part of his initial contract, which is a huge chunk. So if he does decide to leave, we won't be looking for offers nearing the sky, rather we'll be looking player + cash deals. Like if City or Arsenal come in for him, we'll ask something ridiculous like 20m + Dzeko/Walcott.

I was wondering how much they would get, QPR got their fingers crossed right about now :))

Slog
21st May 2015, 05:28

Id seriously worry for the manager's mental capabilities and football understanding who pays anywhere near that amount for Sterling. He's not a 40mm anything player.

There are so many glaring technical errors in Sterling's game which I doubt he can make up for that even in an inflated market he is not worth more than 20mm pounds. The Sterling we saw early part of this season and the last few months of the season before is in my opinion close to his highest attainable level of performance,

If Pool get anything above 30mm pounds they should sell him right there and then and Rodgers should personally drop him off at the airport!

Simply put, Sterling is not an elite talent. Yes he has good impact but for the long run Pool would be better served if they keep Coutinho and Sturridge rather than him if it comes to a choice of having to let one of the 3 go

shaz619
21st May 2015, 06:30
Don't blame him; Liverpool is not the team to be at unless you're cool with mediocrity for the rest of your career. There's no capacity for development at that average club.

London_Lahori
21st May 2015, 14:25
All papers running with United interested in Sterling this morning, seems like a leak from Liverpool. All Liverpool journos reporting it, must have been briefed to put more pressure on Sterling or to get some of the other clubs into a bidding war.

London_Lahori
21st May 2015, 19:28
Raheem Sterling will not sign a new deal at Liverpool - even if they offer him 900,000 a week, claims star's agent as he expects midfielder to leave for Man City or Chelsea

Raheem Sterling will not sign a new deal at Liverpool even if the club offer him 900,000 a week to stay, his agent Aidy Ward has stated.
Ward expects Manchester City or Chelsea to be his most likely next destination, ruling out a move to Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich.
Ward also launched a stinging attack on ex-pros and pundits who have criticised Sterling, labelling Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher a 'knob’.

Sterling’s protracted contract negotiations have dogged the club ever since he controversially turned down a 100,000-a-week offer and he now looks set to leave this summer.
Ward told the Evening Standard: ‘I don’t care about the PR of the club and the club situation. I don’t care.
‘He is definitely not signing. He’s not signing for 700, 800, 900,000 a week. He is not signing.
‘My job is to make sure I do the best with them (my clients). If people say I am bad at my job, or they are badly advised it does not matter.’
Graeme Souness, Mark Lawrenson, Ian Wright and Jason Roberts are among the former pros who have waded into the debate, with opinion divided over whether Sterling is receiving the right advice over his career choices.
'For a 20-year-old kid to be taking on Liverpool Football Club over a contract - to the pit of my stomach that just winds me up, it angers me,' Carragher said on Sky Sports' Monday Night Football this week.

'The lad is from London and he obviously wants to go back home. It might not be about money. It may be about trophies or playing in the Champions League.'
Ward hit back at the Kop hero: ‘Carragher is a knob. Everybody knows it. Any of the criticism from current pundits or ex-Liverpool players - none of them things matter to me. It is not relevant.’
He added: ‘I am not worried. Worried is making a decision not knowing what is going to happen. Every Premier League club will make a bid for him.’
Sterling, who was heckled at Liverpool's end of season awards on Tuesday night, has two years remaining on his contract and the Reds have made it clear they do not want to sell him in the coming window.
But Ward has asked for Liverpool to bring forward talks that were planned for the end of the season to Friday when it is expected he will formally tell the club his client wants to leave.
Sportsmail revealed on Thursday that Liverpool's bitter rivals Manchester United had made a sensational enquiry about signing Sterling.

No player has moved directly between the clubs since Phil Chisnall moved from Old Trafford to Anfield in 1964, but United have explored the prospect of exploiting Sterling's contract stand-off.
But Liverpool flatly told United they have no interest in doing business for the England international.
Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City have all been plotting moves to varying degrees for Sterling, but United's emergence shows how vulnerable Liverpool have become and it is unlikely to be the last offer they receive.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3090694/Raheem-Sterling-not-sign-new-deal-Liverpool-offer-900-000-week-claims-star-s-agent-expects-midfielder-leave-Man-City-Chelsea.html

Adil_94
21st May 2015, 19:57
United have come out denying any interest in Sterling. With Depay signed dont think they need a new winger.

Markhor
21st May 2015, 20:36
Sterling's agent is a piece of work. Swearing at a club legend like Carra isn't going to endear little Sterling or his agent to the fans.

Sterling needs an Asian parent-style beatdown. The spoiled brat needs a few chappals thrown his way and a couple of leather straps.

Instead of behaving like a child, going off and doing unsanctioned interviews to the BBC to pressurise the club and leaking to the media - just sit down with the club around the negotiating table and do this all behind closed doors like grown men without all the media drama.

ssuhaide
21st May 2015, 20:53
Agent is a parasite and he has contradicted himself, if he is trying to get the best deal for his client then if Liverpool offer silly wages he should accept.

Sterling should get rid of this idiot. I don't think any club will want to touch him, no club will offer 40 million.

Liverpool should teach him a lesson and let him rot in their reserves for half a season.

Slog
21st May 2015, 21:08
Ward hit back at the Kop hero: ‘Carragher is a knob. Everybody knows it. Any of the criticism from current pundits or ex-Liverpool players - none of them things matter to me. It is not relevant.’

WOW. Is the agent for real. Out of just shame for himself and respect for a LFC legend, Sterling should sack this idiot. And Im a United fan.

Also the agent and perhaps Sterling himself sure do overrate his ability

London_Lahori
21st May 2015, 22:20
Sterling's agent is a piece of work. Swearing at a club legend like Carra isn't going to endear little Sterling or his agent to the fans.

Sterling needs an Asian parent-style beatdown. The spoiled brat needs a few chappals thrown his way and a couple of leather straps.

Instead of behaving like a child, going off and doing unsanctioned interviews to the BBC to pressurise the club and leaking to the media - just sit down with the club around the negotiating table and do this all behind closed doors like grown men without all the media drama.

Lets not act like their weren't any leaks from the club either, or Brendan mentioning it in press conferences before Sterling even done his interview.

Kianig89
21st May 2015, 22:31
Sterling is acting like the 2nd coming of C.Ronaldo

Amir
22nd May 2015, 00:08
Agent has an ego. Made his client look worse with the we won't even take 900K line. I get it, he doesn't want it to be made to look like he is after money but now he essentially has said that Raheem (whether true or not) thinks the club is so sh!te that he won't even play if you offer him lots of money.

I feel like he took that Carra comment to heart, forgot he has to rep his client and again, went in the business for himself. Did not care that he threw Raheem under the bus.

What a true knob.

Geordie Ahmed
22nd May 2015, 04:14

If I'm not mistaken Rodgers is the one that first mentioned it to the press, so they created all of this and it's gotten ridiculous now

Slog
22nd May 2015, 04:15
Sterling reminds of Adebayor for some odd reason

Amjid Javed
22nd May 2015, 15:46
This reminds me of the Anelka at arsenal saga, a player getting to big for his boots and a greedy agent!

London_Lahori
22nd May 2015, 16:27
If I'm not mistaken Rodgers is the one that first mentioned it to the press, so they created all of this and it's gotten ridiculous now

I agree, as I mentioned earlier. The initial leak to the press that he rejected 100K PW was from Liverpool and then Rodgers went and discussed it in a press conference.

Now his agent has come out and made things worse.

I feel for Raheem, look at everyone having a go at him and even in this thread when the truth is he hasn't acted unprofessional at all. If he wants to move clubs to play CL football and win trophies, why is he being hammered for it?

Adil_94
22nd May 2015, 17:32
I agree, as I mentioned earlier. The initial leak to the press that he rejected 100K PW was from Liverpool and then Rodgers went and discussed it in a press conference.

Now his agent has come out and made things worse.

I feel for Raheem, look at everyone having a go at him and even in this thread when the truth is he hasn't acted unprofessional at all. If he wants to move clubs to play CL football and win trophies, why is he being hammered for it?
Its his age that annoys most people like he's only 20 and is not the finished article yet. But he is demanding megastar wages. He is a top young talent. One of the best U-21s in the world. But he is not a 150k a week player yet. 100k a week would be fair for him atm if he carries on and becomes even better in a couple of years 150k would be justified. The normal everyday man the 'football fan" is gonna find it hard to sympathise with Sterling. For his development it would be better to stay at Liverpool. At a better team he will he under more scrutiny and pressure and be expected to deliver week in week out. Which many his age struggle to do. Look at Bale at Madrid this season its not always brighter on the other side.

London_Lahori
22nd May 2015, 18:01
Its his age that annoys most people like he's only 20 and is not the finished article yet. But he is demanding megastar wages. He is a top young talent. One of the best U-21s in the world. But he is not a 150k a week player yet. 100k a week would be fair for him atm if he carries on and becomes even better in a couple of years 150k would be justified. The normal everyday man the 'football fan" is gonna find it hard to sympathise with Sterling. For his development it would be better to stay at Liverpool. At a better team he will he under more scrutiny and pressure and be expected to deliver week in week out. Which many his age struggle to do. Look at Bale at Madrid this season its not always brighter on the other side.

Not once has he demanded huge wages, you need to follows what's been going on. Everyone just assumes because he hasn't signed a new contract that he wants more wages, which is not entirely true.

Adil_94
22nd May 2015, 18:04
Not once has he demanded huge wages, you need to follows what's been going on. Everyone just assumes because he hasn't signed a new contract that he wants more wages, which is not entirely true.
Do you think Sterling would get into Chelsea PSG Madrid or Barcas team. Liverpool is the best place for him to develop atm. He isnt the finished article.

London_Lahori
22nd May 2015, 18:12
Do you think Sterling would get into Chelsea PSG Madrid or Barcas team. Liverpool is the best place for him to develop atm. He isnt the finished article.

Such crap it's the best place for him to develop, I see you've moved away from the money issue onto something else now.

His most likely destinations are City (easily walks into the squad), Chelsea (rumours of Oscar being out of favour and he would form a 3 of Hazard, Willian and Sterlign just behind Costa which is formidable), Arsenal (will struggle to get into their XI) and Bayern who see him as a potential replacement for Ribery.

He hasn't even been linked to PSG, Madrid or Barca as he has with the other teams so why mention them?

Adil_94
22nd May 2015, 18:20
Such crap it's the best place for him to develop, I see you've moved away from the money issue onto something else now.

His most likely destinations are City (easily walks into the squad), Chelsea (rumours of Oscar being out of favour and he would form a 3 of Hazard, Willian and Sterlign just behind Costa which is formidable), Arsenal (will struggle to get into their XI) and Bayern who see him as a potential replacement for Ribery.

He hasn't even been linked to PSG, Madrid or Barca as he has with the other teams so why mention them?
okay at Chelsea he will be have to be at it nearly every week.If they sign him and put him on good wages he will be expected to perform at a higher level than he does now. I dont think Sterling is the kind of player who can win you top trophies yet like a Hazard. Mourinho likes having Willian as the hard working winger gives the team balance. At arsenal wouldnt get in would block Oxs path and we have Sanchez Welbeck Walcott even Cazorla can play on the wing. City is a place where he could get into the team but yet again the pressure and expectation is something different. The thing is Sterling has had a good season but not a worldclass season do you think hes worth 150k a week. Sterling is 1-2 years away before he can play for a top team IMO.

London_Lahori
22nd May 2015, 19:12
okay at Chelsea he will be have to be at it nearly every week.If they sign him and put him on good wages he will be expected to perform at a higher level than he does now. I dont think Sterling is the kind of player who can win you top trophies yet like a Hazard. Mourinho likes having Willian as the hard working winger gives the team balance. At arsenal wouldnt get in would block Oxs path and we have Sanchez Welbeck Walcott even Cazorla can play on the wing. City is a place where he could get into the team but yet again the pressure and expectation is something different. The thing is Sterling has had a good season but not a worldclass season do you think hes worth 150k a week. Sterling is 1-2 years away before he can play for a top team IMO.

People are seriously underestimating Sterling here, this is a guy that won the Golden Ball which meant he is recognised as the best young player in Europe in 2014.

As for this season, he's been moved around the team and played in position alien to him all for the good of the team. Playing at Wing Back for heavens sake, he hasn't moaned and has got on with it. Playing him as a striker, again out of position but has got on with it.

He's getting a lot of abuse for not doing much wrong.