PDA

View Full Version : Italy to be wearing Blue

Jonty
7th July 2006, 11:34
Italy will sport their familiar home blue colours while France will again play in white in Sunday's FIFA World Cupô final in Berlin, FIFA said on Thursday.
It will be the fourth match in a row at the finals that France, known as Les Bleus, will wear white shirts. Italy are the designated 'home' team for the final, which kicks off at 20:00 CET at the Olympiastadion.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060706/7/8mhv.html

Its good to know we will remain Azzurri in the Final. Its just that when Italy wears white I always remember the pain of the 98 quarter final penalty shootout against France. Its time for revenge.

banana_246
7th July 2006, 11:40
Bue or white for Italy, Zidane will be holding the trophy for the last time

Amir
7th July 2006, 12:25
Italy will sport their familiar home blue colours while France will again play in white in Sunday's FIFA World Cupô final in Berlin, FIFA said on Thursday.
It will be the fourth match in a row at the finals that France, known as Les Bleus, will wear white shirts. Italy are the designated 'home' team for the final, which kicks off at 20:00 CET at the Olympiastadion.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060706/7/8mhv.html

Its good to know we will remain Azzurri in the Final. Its just that when Italy wears white I always remember the pain of the 98 quarter final penalty shootout against France. Its time for revenge.

What about in 94 when "your" Azzuri were wearing blue for Baggio to miss that penalty?

Rickz
7th July 2006, 14:35
I had a gut feeling which team wears blue for the final will win.

Jonty
7th July 2006, 15:36
I had a gut feeling which team wears blue for the final will win.

Italia it is :)

Amir - i was too young to watch that final, but i still have glimpses. 98 was even more painful.

off_the_hook
8th July 2006, 19:02
I belive that all of the matches that France has won this world cup has been in their white jerseys (Like that really means anything). The rematch of Euro 2000 is gonna wicked.

Stefano
9th July 2006, 03:56
IIts good to know we will remain Azzurri in the Final. Its just that when Italy wears white I always remember the pain of the 98 quarter final penalty shootout against France. Its time for revenge.

In 1986, Italy wore blue and France wore white.

In 1998, Italy wore blue and France wore white.

In 2000, Italy wore white and France wore blue.

------

By the way, do you know why AZZURRO (light blue) is the colour of Italy?