PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan v UAE | Asia Cup 2016 | Feb 29, 2016 | 6th Match | Dhaka | Match Thread

aliasad1998
27th February 2016, 22:03
Sharjeel
Hafeez
Akmal
Khurram
Malik
Sarfraz
Nawaz
Afridi
Sami
Amir
Irfan

I know its harsh to drop Wahab after 1 game but we need another all rounder in there otherwise batting just looks too weak. If only Babar wasnt injured he could have opened or played at 4.

Syed1
27th February 2016, 22:04
Now watch how our useless batsmen become beasts all of a sudden.

Syed1
27th February 2016, 22:05
Also a quartet of fast bowlers is needed on this pitch. Too bad our only other option for a "pacer" apart from these four is Anwar "Alrounder" Ali..

We would have to play the same side, or drop Malik/Manzoor for Nawaz/Imad

Firebreaker
27th February 2016, 22:06
We will win this quite comprehensively

Adil Bhai
27th February 2016, 22:06
Open with Manzoor or don't play him at all

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

aliasad1998
27th February 2016, 22:07
I still think itll be a Pak Ind final

The_KING
Time for Afridi to have another victory of a minnow on his captaincy record.

Dr_Bassim
Well without watching a bowl, at least this is one match we can grab two points.

Even if we bat with one leg, we should be able to get more than 100.

UAE won't score more than 30, the way Amir is bowling.

Gotham Cronie
Play these 10:

Sharjeel Khan
Mohammad Hafeez
Umar Akmal
Shoaib Malik
Mohammad Nawaz
Sarfraz Ahmed (wk)
Shahid Afridi
Mohammad Sami
Mohammad Amir
Mohammad Irfan

And then just flip a coin for one of the following. They're just a placeholder until Khalid Latif comes.

Khurram Manzoor
Imad Wasim
Anwar Ali
Iftikhar Ahmed
Wahab Riaz

Dr_Bassim
27th February 2016, 22:08

You won't survive 4 Amir overs.

If UAE makes more than 50, point me out.

Gayle_Force
27th February 2016, 22:09
Irfan should be rested for this one

Syed1
27th February 2016, 22:09
Well without watching a bowl, at least this is one match we can grab two points.

Even if we bat with one leg, we should be able to get more than 100.

UAE won't score more than 30, the way Amir is bowling.

You never know, our team is famous for pulling off some famous defeats against unranked sides

Professor
27th February 2016, 22:11

Are you purposely trolling or do you seriously believe UAE can beat Pakistan?

badsha001
27th February 2016, 22:11

I wont say comprehensively but it will be a close contest between two minnows...

Barragan
27th February 2016, 22:12
Rest Amir for this game.

He missed a few games with KK because of a niggle and we don't need him in this game to beat uae.

Got a hectic schedule, so no need to risk him against a lowly side.

TalentSpotterPk
27th February 2016, 22:13
Go with the same team since Khurram Manzoor got runout on Malik's mistake and should be given anther game. So than let Khurram & Sharjeel open and bring Hafeez at 3 Umar at 4.

Or

1. Hafeez
2. Sharjeel
3. Umar
4. Shoaib
5. Nawaz
6. Sarfraz
7. Afridi
8. Sami
9. Amir
10. Wahab
11. Irfan

I think if the pitch and playing conditions remain the same than they will go with same team.

Dr_Bassim
27th February 2016, 22:21
Rest Amir for this game.

He missed a few games with KK because of a niggle and we don't need him in this game to beat uae.

Got a hectic schedule, so no need to risk him against a lowly side.

If we rest Amir I would back UAE to give us some sort of a fight.

Syed1
27th February 2016, 22:22
The batting is too thin and the bowling is too toothless apart from Amir and maybe Sami

Sherlock
27th February 2016, 22:22
My appetite for this is at an all-time low.

Can't be asked :(

Barragan
27th February 2016, 22:24
If we rest Amir I would back UAE to give us some sort of a fight.

Doubt it.

They won't even survive the other bowlers and a half-fit Malinga tore them apart, even Kulasekara.

Dr_Bassim
27th February 2016, 22:33
My appetite for this is at an all-time low.

Can't be asked :(

What's wrong Bro.

You already predicted an Indian win.

Be bold and predict a Pakistan win.

Let me predict.

Amir to better Gul's performance and get 6 wickets for 10 runs in T20 for first time playing UAE.

BigBoy123
27th February 2016, 22:39
Need proper opener and some proper batsman like Babar Azam.... If we score 120 in next 3 games we will all the games
..but can we score 120

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

BigBoy123
27th February 2016, 22:40
Amir's spell has made me forgotten all the pain of Pakistan's defeat

Dr_Bassim
27th February 2016, 22:41
Need proper opener and some proper batsman like Babar Azam.... If we score 120 in next 3 games we will all the games
..but can we score 120

If we can't score 120 against UAE , we should disband the cricket team.

Sherlock
27th February 2016, 22:42
What's wrong Bro.

You already predicted an Indian win.

Be bold and predict a Pakistan win.

Let me predict.

Amir to better Gul's performance and get 6 wickets for 10 runs in T20 for first time playing UAE.

I know what you're saying, but it's how easily it was done. That's the issue and my moral is so low I cannot fathom the site of our team barring 1 or 2 players anymore. It's like they don't understand the ridicule they get.

You know watching them for over 2 decades, you realise just how good the greats actually were.

These are just mentally and technically inept players.

Suleiman
27th February 2016, 22:43
Go with the same team since Khurram Manzoor got runout on Malik's mistake and should be given anther game. So than let Khurram & Sharjeel open and bring Hafeez at 3 Umar at 4.

Or

1. Hafeez
2. Sharjeel
3. Umar
4. Shoaib
5. Nawaz
6. Sarfraz
7. Afridi
8. Sami
9. Amir
10. Wahab
11. Irfan

I think if the pitch and playing conditions remain the same than they will go with same team.

idk why Hafeez opened today when he is a certified FTB against any lateral movement, at least Khurram is some sort of test opener, would've left that ball alone. Hafeez should've come at 3 or 4. What was the point of selecting Khurram then if not open with him?

freelance_cricketer
27th February 2016, 22:43
UAE's batting is a joke so even if Pakistan make 50 they will win. Must use this match to boost NRR as things might get tight for the final spot towards the end, especially if at all India lose to Lanka.

BigBoy123
27th February 2016, 22:44
If we can't score 120 against UAE , we should disband the cricket team.
Maybe we will score Vs them but against Bangla nd Lanka (especially Bangla) I am not too confident

Chrish
27th February 2016, 22:44
there is no logic in playing UAE..

shah_1
27th February 2016, 22:49
I still think it would be Pakistan vs India final.

cricfan14
27th February 2016, 22:51
Didn't we score just one more run than UAE? A closely matched encounter ;) ;)

Play Nawaz though and sit Malik. It'll super frustrating if Malik bashes the UAE and cements his place again

Moh@n
27th February 2016, 22:56

Lol. Didn't you lose your last match to the Bengalis by 50 odd runs while chasing 130 odd?

Ashraful_Rox
27th February 2016, 22:58
I will be surprised if UAE can score 50, I will be surprised if we can score 50 against Amir. Amir was special today, gave everything, same can't be said about the besharam batsmen.

hadi123
27th February 2016, 23:14
Same team except drop Riaz for Mohammad Nawaz . We know UAE's batting is crap so we need to win comprehensively to get our NRR up. A win by like 100 runs or a win with like 5 overs remaining

The Last Of The Stars
27th February 2016, 23:16
This would be fun. Amir vs UAE top order. Hilarious. I can see them bundled out under 50.

The Last Of The Stars
27th February 2016, 23:18
But the thing is our batting is rubbish as well. And UAE's bowling is decent, so in the end it would be down to who bowls well. We have a slight edge, but UAE can upset us as well just because of our poor batting.

TalentSpotterPk
27th February 2016, 23:20
idk why Hafeez opened today when he is a certified FTB against any lateral movement, at least Khurram is some sort of test opener, would've left that ball alone. Hafeez should've come at 3 or 4. What was the point of selecting Khurram then if not open with him?

Khurram is not a better batsman than Hafeez in any format.

Khurram should open next game that too only because you should not drop any player after 1 game and he got run out on Malik's mistake.

If he fails next game than Hafeez should open with Sharjeel and Khurram should be dropped from playing eleven in favour of Nawaz or if not than Imad.

taqi
28th February 2016, 00:15
Mash'Allah it will be clash of two pathetic batting lineups lets see who goes worse than other.

MMHS
28th February 2016, 00:17
The way this tournament is going, it might happen that the 2nd spot is decided by NRR.

Clue for WY - bowl 1st & make sure your fielders take the catches (any drop - 80% match fee docked, only way to fix this, otherwise players with self respect don't smile after dropping dollies) - lowest T20 score might be at risk.

PAK must target to chase the win inside 6 overs.

Lords
28th February 2016, 00:22
Its Pakistan vs Mini Pakistan. Whichever team wins eventually Pakistan will win :najam

Sandeep
28th February 2016, 00:37
I really feel for UAE and Bangladesh. It's really unfair to play Amir, Irfan, Riaz and Sami in the same team on these green tops.. Please rest at least 2 of these 4. Arabs and Bengalis will have chance to cross 100.

Prince of Pakistan
28th February 2016, 04:32
Afridi will never drop Wahab, but on these tracks Anwar can be a good option. He adds to the batting as well even though he is a legside hack mainly.

I am sure Nawaz will get a go as well. They have to test him before the WC starts. Nawaz could be replacing an underperforming bat.

Square Drive
28th February 2016, 04:39
Same XI.

Also some real cringeworthy posts above by Dr_Bassim.

Suleiman
28th February 2016, 04:55
The way this tournament is going, it might happen that the 2nd spot is decided by NRR.

Clue for WY - bowl 1st & make sure your fielders take the catches (any drop - 80% match fee docked, only way to fix this, otherwise players with self respect don't smile after dropping dollies) - lowest T20 score might be at risk.

PAK must target to chase the win inside 6 overs.

Did you see what Afridi intended to do today? Had he won the toss he said he would've batted first anyway :facepalm:

This guy has been playing cricket for as long as I have been alive more or less, and he comes up with such brilliant tactical decisions it's insane.

hussain.r97
28th February 2016, 05:30
Pakistan need to go in and dominate this game, we can't go in with a defensive mentality just because we got thrashed.

Also, Manzoor looked absolutely dreadful, I'd say drop him from Nawaz.

Shadow_999
28th February 2016, 07:58
Pakistan are just too inconsistent to be able to say anything for sure. We might completely annihilate the UAE, but brain farts are something the Pakistani batsman are very in tune with. Rooting for Pakistan to come back into this tournament strongly and win every game from here

desi_launda
28th February 2016, 08:12
Pakistan should use this match as batting practice,win toss bat first and try to score over 180

aliasad1998
28th February 2016, 08:23
We gotta use this game to geta. Very good net run rate and make it to the final

LeoRahi
28th February 2016, 08:24
Pakistan should use this match as batting practice,win toss bat first and try to score over 180
UAE bowlers are decent. They didn't let the SL and BAN batsmen cross 135 and you expect PAK to score 180 ?

The intelligent Supporter
28th February 2016, 08:24

You discounting Lanka?

Suleiman
28th February 2016, 08:25
Rest Wahab, play Nawaz. Let him ease into intl cricket against a halwa side before taking on big dogs.

Rest Wahab for 3-4 games, not because he did poorly today but because he needs rest fgs.

dauntless
28th February 2016, 08:36
I hope they utilize umar properly he should bat at 4 he is not good against left arm spin he should play his natural game

Syed1
28th February 2016, 08:56
We will either lose or barely inch over the line. That's the truth folks, we are minnow level now. Might as well start accepting it, so that we can work towards getting out of it.

Belawal2014
28th February 2016, 09:03
We will either lose or barely inch over the line. That's the truth folks, we are minnow level now. Might as well start accepting it, so that we can work towards getting out of it.

This. But I'm still waking up Monday at 8:30 AM :shehzad

Syed1
28th February 2016, 09:04
This. But I'm still waking up Monday at 8:30 AM :shehzad

I'll be getting up at 7AM, not for the match, but to go to work :ibutt

Pete Rose
28th February 2016, 09:06
And yes we will still lose

Belawal2014
28th February 2016, 09:10

I trust you'll have the match on the background as you work? :ahmed btw, isn't 7 AM way too early for work?

Syed1
28th February 2016, 09:13
I trust you'll have the match on the background as you work? :ahmed btw, isn't 7 AM way too early for work?

My work hours are 8 to 5-6.. sometimes I stick even longer. Engineering, man, either love it or don't do it.

And yes the match streaming will be on in the background :srt

Asif321
28th February 2016, 09:18
why cant we open with Sarfraz and add a proper batsmen in middle
im sure Safraz will do well as opener and will play according to pitch . Sharjeel is lottery

Belawal2014
28th February 2016, 09:19
My work hours are 8 to 5-6.. sometimes I stick even longer. Engineering, man, either love it or don't do it.

And yes the match streaming will be on in the background :srt

Chalo, something to pass your time at work...Hopefully the match is worthwhile but with the PCT, you never know :murali

Syed1
28th February 2016, 09:20
why cant we open with Sarfraz and add a proper batsmen in middle
im sure Safraz will do well as opener and will play according to pitch . Sharjeel is lottery

Sarfaraz can really dominate the spinners and isn't all that against pacers. He is best utilized at numbers 4-5 where he can play the spinners

Belawal2014
28th February 2016, 09:27
Baloo's XI

1. Sharjeel
2. Hafeez
3. Umar Akmal
4. Mian Malik
5. Sarfaraz Ahmad
6. Imad Wasim
7. Afridi
8. Anwar Ali (As good as Wahab in T20s, but slightly a better bat, still a leg side hack doe 4 lyf :imad)
9. Amir
10. Sami
11. Irfan

Belawal2014
28th February 2016, 09:28
Don't ask me why I put that Imad Wasim smiley, I don't even know myself. :ahmed

ChachaCricket
28th February 2016, 09:43
Baloo's XI

1. Sharjeel
2. Hafeez
3. Umar Akmal
4. Mian Malik
5. Sarfaraz Ahmad
6. Imad Wasim
7. Afridi
8. Anwar Ali (As good as Wahab in T20s, but slightly a better bat, still a leg side hack doe 4 lyf :imad)
9. Amir
10. Sami
11. Irfan

Irfan offers nothing with the ball. Liablity with the bat, pathetic in the field.

Belawal2014
28th February 2016, 10:31
Irfan offers nothing with the ball. Liablity with the bat, pathetic in the field.

Wahab is quite awful. Catch 22.

ChachaCricket
28th February 2016, 10:33
Wahab is quite awful. Catch 22.

You take the gamble with him. Still better than Irfan.

Belawal2014
28th February 2016, 10:40
You take the gamble with him. Still better than Irfan.

Yeah, I guess so.

Ashraful_Rox
28th February 2016, 10:43
Someone should arrange an ambulance to be placed near the boundary line, I fear half the UAE team will be admitted to the hospital after the match :amir :sami :wahab :irfan

cricfan14
28th February 2016, 10:52
Khurram was the second highest scorer today lolllll ;) And he got run out by Malik, didn't gift his wicket at least.

Out of all the jokers on the squad, it seems REALLY unfair to single him out. He was already playing under tremendous pressure with his own Chairman basically trashing his selection, then he plays his first T20 match and vs. India, then the openers get themselves out immediately and he's basically thrown into the worst situation possible.

If someone should sit it should be Malik for Nawaz.

aliasad1998
28th February 2016, 11:05
Khurram was the second highest scorer today lolllll ;) And he got run out by Malik, didn't gift his wicket at least.

Out of all the jokers on the squad, it seems REALLY unfair to single him out. He was already playing under tremendous pressure with his own Chairman basically trashing his selection, then he plays his first T20 match and vs. India, then the openers get themselves out immediately and he's basically thrown into the worst situation possible.

If someone should sit it should be Malik for Nawaz.

This but we have no choice in an already weak lineup Malik should play.

Syed1
28th February 2016, 11:09
We need to boost up our batting. T20 is not a bowlers game and 4 fast bowlers is excessive IMO.

Drop either Wahab or Irfan and Malik and induct Nawaz and Imad, though both of them aren't proper batsmen but our lovely selectors haven't selected a single extra batsman.

I'm sure half of PP can select a better squad then that incompetent bunch..

aliasad1998
28th February 2016, 11:12
ChachaCricket do you think itll be Pak Ind final?

ChachaCricket
28th February 2016, 11:18
ChachaCricket do you think itll be Pak Ind final?

Hard to predict atm. If India beats Lanka then I would say 60-40 in our favour.

aliasad1998
28th February 2016, 11:33
Hard to predict atm. If India beats Lanka then I would say 60-40 in our favour.

This is why tomorrows game is important. Lanka didnt beat UAE too convincingly and if they somehow beat India then itll be down to net run rate. This is why we gotta bowl first, get them out under 60. Send Sharjeel and Afridi opening and try finishing it by 8th over. Afridi is likely to fail but maybe he can hit a few boundaries.

BigBoy123
28th February 2016, 12:09
Nawaz in place of Wahab

Ayyub
28th February 2016, 14:43
I have solid reason why they should be dropped , the way Wahab Riaz bowled he released all the pressure of India players giving away 15 runs in his first over and malik ran out Khurram and very next ball he threw his wicket also , my team will be :-

1 Mohammad Hafeez
2 Sharjeel Khan
3 Khurram Manzoor
4 Imad Wasim
5 Sarfraz Ahmed
6 Umar Akmal
7 Mohammad Nawaz
8 Shahid Afridi
9 Mohammad Sami
10 Mohammad Aamir
11 Mohammad Irfan

One of the best possible team available .

The Last Of The Stars
28th February 2016, 14:49
Are you serious? Imad Wasim at 4? :eek:

Zaz
28th February 2016, 14:54
Thats a desperately poor top order No wonder Pakistan were bundled out for next to nothing yday

hur rizvi
28th February 2016, 14:55
Malik cant be dropped but by no means he should bat ahead of Umar and Sarfraz

Arsal_AK
28th February 2016, 14:55
It makes no sense to drop Wahab. He is comfortably the second best bowler we have in the squad behind Amir.

And he was the 2nd highest wicket taker in the PSL, so he is coming of some good performances.

hur rizvi
28th February 2016, 14:58
Reshuffle the order ASAP

Hafeez
Sharjeel
Khurram
Umar
Sarfraz
Malik
Afridi

hur rizvi
28th February 2016, 14:59
Malik can come ahead of Sarfraz if our top 4 bat out first 10-12 overs

The Last Of The Stars
28th February 2016, 14:59
Why would you play an opener at 3? Ridiculous. Hafeez should be dropped. I will select Iftikhar. Sharjeel and Manzoor should open. Manzoor should be given a run before dropping him. Malik should bat at 6. If only Khalid Latif was in the Asia Cup, I would have dropped Malik for him. I won't drop Wahab, because I have a soft corner for passion. I will drop Irfan and bring in Nawaz.

ahmedwaqas92
28th February 2016, 15:05
Why would you play an opener at 3? Ridiculous. Hafeez should be dropped. I will select Iftikhar. Sharjeel and Manzoor should open. Manzoor should be given a run before dropping him. Malik should bat at 6. If only Khalid Latif was in the Asia Cup, I would have dropped Malik for him. I won't drop Wahab, because I have a soft corner for passion. I will drop Irfan and bring in Nawaz.

Are you serious :facepalm: so in your book Passion trumps performance and results.....ok.

The guy was going for almost 9 runs an over defending a grand total of 83 runs. If he would've given the exact same amount the other pacers offered i.e. 4 runs per over, maybe just maybe we would've made a match out of it.

The moment we realize that Wahab is actually mediocre to begin with is the moment we will become a decent bowling outfit again. He has no place in LOI to be honest and on most occasions I would prefer and limping 60% Junaid Khan over this 'Bang the Short Ball' brainless bowler.

Wahab being a match winning effective bowler is as identical myth as Afridi being an aggressive captain.

Hawkeye
28th February 2016, 15:18
On merit, Malik and Afridi would be the first two names to be dropped.

Permanently.

Fooling the nation for 19 years now. Some still are their fans.

The Last Of The Stars
28th February 2016, 15:21
Are you serious :facepalm: so in your book Passion trumps performance and results.....ok.

The guy was going for almost 9 runs an over defending a grand total of 83 runs. If he would've given the exact same amount the other pacers offered i.e. 4 runs per over, maybe just maybe we would've made a match out of it.

The moment we realize that Wahab is actually mediocre to begin with is the moment we will become a decent bowling outfit again. He has no place in LOI to be honest and on most occasions I would prefer and limping 60% Junaid Khan over this 'Bang the Short Ball' brainless bowler.

Wahab being a match winning effective bowler is as identical myth as Afridi being an aggressive captain.

In the current squad I would prefer him over the other useless Irfan just because of his passion. We don't have much options to choose from.

Sandeep
28th February 2016, 15:26
Moronic to drop Wahab Riaz just because he didn't bowl well in 1 game. That guy is good.

jusarrived
28th February 2016, 15:27
I dont think there is anyone in the squad to replace Malik .

jusarrived
28th February 2016, 15:28
Moronic to drop Wahab Riaz just because he didn't bowl well in 1 game. That guy is good.

I rate him above Amir as a test bower , but in LOIs wahab leaks runs and can cost Pak matches

Sandeep
28th February 2016, 15:30
I rate him above Amir as a test bower , but in LOIs wahab leaks runs and can cost Pak matches

But that guy is capable of single-handedly routing oppositions. This thread is akin to Indians asking for Rohit Sharma to be dropped because he was out for a duck yesterday.

DrSchultz
28th February 2016, 15:33
No need to drop any of them. Should drop Afridi actually.

yusuf.saya
28th February 2016, 15:35
Irfan did bowl much better than Wahab the other day.

Problem is that we don't have bench strength in the team selected for this tournament.. the first person to be dropped based on performance alone should be Khurram Manzoor but ppl will have soft corner for him since he ran out. Everybody forgot what he did prior to him being run out. The way he was playing, he would have given his wicket anyways.

WC-Passion
28th February 2016, 16:11
Hafeez
Sharjeel
U.Akmal
Sarfraz +
Malik
Imad
Nawaz
Afridi (c)
Amir
Wahab
Sami

Looks to be our best possible lineup.

The Last Of The Stars
28th February 2016, 17:37
I won't be surprised if we suffer another batting collapse. UAE's bowling is decent. It will be a close game.

Abdul
28th February 2016, 21:27
Tenants v Landlords, would be fun to watch

aliasad1998
28th February 2016, 21:44
Sharjeel
Khurram
Hafeez (Must bat 3 not open)
Akmal
Malik
Sarfraz
Afridi
Nawaz
Sami
Amir
Wahab/Irfan

Idrees1990
28th February 2016, 22:47
In the current squad I would prefer him over the other useless Irfan just because of his passion. We don't have much options to choose from.

Irfan is a better wicket taking option than brainless wahab. Either we go with 4 fast bowlers or wahab is gonna be dropped. Irfan might get dropped to give him rest for UAE match but in high profile match there is no way in hell that afridi is going to drop irfan in bouncing pitch. Wahab is mediocre

Square Drive
28th February 2016, 23:00
Waiting for Wahab to take 3 wickets and then everyone hopping on the bandwagon once more. Same old.

Thivagar
28th February 2016, 23:42
Pakistan vs Pakistan's Foreign Minister XL, should be a good match.

Thivagar
28th February 2016, 23:45

Forcing India and Pak to less than 150 and scoring 110+ will do a lot for UAE cricket in long term.

BabarAkmal_Fan
28th February 2016, 23:48
Sharjeel
Khurram
Hafeez
Umar
Malik
Sarfraz
Nawaz
Afridi
Wahab
Sami
Irfan

Majid Khan
29th February 2016, 01:01
I'm expecting our FTB (Flat Track Bradman) Hafeez to stand up and silence all his critics against UAE by scoring a handsome 50.

Firebreaker
29th February 2016, 02:04
I hope we bat first and score in the region of 115-120 and I reckon it will be tough for Pak to chase and our bowlers are in full form

Firebreaker
29th February 2016, 02:07
Amir will be the biggest threat to us,I think other bowlers would be played comfortably by our bats

gunner
29th February 2016, 02:12
This match should be easy win. The real test will come against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

LegendAli
29th February 2016, 04:07
UAE is not even a part of Asia (South Asia), someone please explain to me why they are playing in the Asia Cup?

ChachaCricket
29th February 2016, 04:34
UAE is not even a part of Asia (South Asia), someone please explain to me why they are playing in the Asia Cup?

Because it's Asia Cup.

Messiah
29th February 2016, 04:38

Asia doesnt consist only of south asia...

Messiah
29th February 2016, 04:39
Amir will be the biggest threat to us,I think other bowlers would be played comfortably by our bats

Agreed UAE batsmen look to be world class playes of pace and will destroy pak bowling except amir

TalentSpotterPk
29th February 2016, 04:41
1. Khurram (KP jnr)
2. Sharjeel (brutal destruction)
3. Hafeez (Professor)
4. Umar Akmal (Lahori Supernal)
5. Malik (Genius)
6. Sarfraz (Sweep)
7. Afridi (Fun ko)
8. Sami (Pulse)
9. Amir (Crackerjack)
10. Wahab (Fast&Furious)
11. Irfan (Gigantic)

Should play tommorow. Should win by a better margin than SL.

Prayers with my team

# Bleed Green

ChachaCricket
29th February 2016, 04:46
Umar should be no lower than 3. Let him start his innings against pace not spin.

SunTzu
29th February 2016, 04:52

Because this isn't the South East Asia Cup

world cup captain
29th February 2016, 05:10

And I'm getting up at 5 AM, not for the match, but for school. :azhar

Suleiman
29th February 2016, 05:15
With the current management and "captain" don't be surprised if Umar Akmal comes strolling out at #6 or 7 for reasons only known to them.

But to their defense he did play an extremely poor shot to a friggin straight ball from UV of all bowlers.. :facepalm:

Getting out to a quality spinner like Shakib or Zampa is one thing, but UV?? Seriously, Umar?

insaaniyat
29th February 2016, 08:02
Now some of u will not agree with me. However, I feel Pakistan may lose to UAE. UAE bowling is good and batting better than Pakistan. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mahmood101
29th February 2016, 08:04
There's a decent chance, and if we lose we will be official minnows in LOI's

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Adijazz1706
29th February 2016, 08:05
Then we should relax and forget there is an Asia Cup going on :))

Dr_Bassim
29th February 2016, 08:06
What if Afridi retires?

What if Amir picks up 7 wickets in the match ?

What if sharjeel smacks a century?

What if Imran Khan gets elected ?

What if the famine in Ethiopia hits Europe?

What if the World ends.....

street cricketer
29th February 2016, 08:09
Fear not.

Pakistan C side won't cross 50 against Pakistan A bowling attack:srini

saadsahabjee
29th February 2016, 08:10
always remember our national game is hockey .

Sarfarazian92
29th February 2016, 08:16
Pakistan should quit playing cricket if they lose to UAE :facepalm:

Sadevdesai
29th February 2016, 08:17
Not likely ... if at all !!! Amir will take care of their batting. Of course, anything can happen, but this is one match where a stronger Team will assert itself over a weaker Team. Our guys should not take the result for granted though, as we are likely to mess up anytime !!!

rhony
29th February 2016, 08:18
Now some of u will not agree with me. However, I feel Pakistan may lose to UAE. UAE bowling is good and batting better than Pakistan. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Did you see UAE's batting? They are just terrible. We were just hoping that they've moved beyond blind slogging after they beat Afghanistan. I'm ashamed to actually call it a batting line up. Brainless batting with absolutely no responsibility from any batsman. Afghanistan would have won at least a game by now.

hur rizvi
29th February 2016, 08:33
If UAE bat 1st and score 100+ or get us out near 100 they can win

Sarfarazian92
29th February 2016, 08:36
But seriously, we definitely aren't losing to UAE. The matches against Lanka and Bangladesh should be the ones to watch out for.

BabarAkmal_Fan
29th February 2016, 08:49
If we lose to UAE I'm effectively done with cricket. If we barely win like SL that's also very depressing.

HateKiller
29th February 2016, 08:55
UAE won't cross 70.

Moh@n
29th February 2016, 09:00
If UAE bat 1st and score 100+ or get us out near 100 they can win

Lol. UAE will lose even if Pakistan set them a target of 50.

That is how horrible their batting is.

It's going to be an absolute walk in the park for Pakistan.

hur rizvi
29th February 2016, 09:06
Lol. UAE will lose even if Pakistan set them a target of 50.

That is how horrible their batting is.

It's going to be an absolute walk in the park for Pakistan.

What about their bowling, I think it is quite decent it can dismiss us for around 100

And in our bowling noone looks like a WKT taker bar Amir, so match could go either way with target around 100

Syed1
29th February 2016, 09:11
Nawaz if he is played will run through UAE.

Convict
29th February 2016, 09:16
Associates can't deal with actually fast (over 140km consistently) bowlers and quality leg spinners because they're never exposed to them at all.

The first is the reason why Australia and South Africa don't lose to associates

It's a massive jump playing in club cricket or what where the fastest guys are low to mid 130s to bowlers 10kmphs an hour faster who have the same if not better control.

Sachin136
29th February 2016, 09:24

UAE's batsmen aren't as good as Pakistan's.

Imran Hasan
29th February 2016, 09:46
Pakistan will beat UAE comprehensively but so far UAE played well and they should give tough competitions to Pakistan.

hur rizvi
29th February 2016, 09:49
UAE's batsmen aren't as good as Pakistan's.

Shaiman Anwar is better than most Pakistan batsmen

Suleiman
29th February 2016, 09:51
Don't put it past us LOL.

If Zimbabwe can beat us anyone can.

sensible-indian-fan
29th February 2016, 09:53
Pakistan won't lose to UAE.

lol.

Moh@n
29th February 2016, 10:02
What about their bowling, I think it is quite decent it can dismiss us for around 100

And in our bowling noone looks like a WKT taker bar Amir, so match could go either way with target around 100

100 will be impossible to chase for UAE. Their batting has only two gears, that is block or boundary. Any half decent bowler should be able to work them out.

They have absolutely no chance to defeat Pakistan.

MMHS
29th February 2016, 10:06
UAE's only, if any, chance of win is by batting 1st; BUT that comes with a risk of sub 50 score.

PAK 'll improve significantly in coming matches. Apart from batting, I think in 1st match, bowlers misread the wicket & bowled a bit shorter. Even Aamir got over excited in his last couple of overs. Besides, as usual PAK mis calculated appropriate target and was looking for 170, rather than planning what BD did today - reach 14th over with 7 wickets at hand.

Logical
29th February 2016, 10:24
Does anyone know why Babar Azam was withdrawn from the squad? He is listed in the squad but as "Withdrawn player"

slice
29th February 2016, 10:30

back to your wrist slitting ?

Sami bowled well enough and we probably will be playing Nawaz.Irfan should be dropped from t20 yes.

iHammad
29th February 2016, 10:31
Won't be surprised one bit. This team is mentally pretty weak so anything can happen, I've lost all confidence

anakin
29th February 2016, 10:35
Come on UAE will get bundled out for 50.

Pak bat brains can atleast manage that

muhammad saad
29th February 2016, 10:40
UAE most likely to bundled for less than 100 if we get the similar pitch.

Logical
29th February 2016, 10:45
Thats just being extremely pessimistic even Mamoon won't agree with you.
JibranAnsari will though, gotta read his posts during match threads. Unbelievable lad

freelance_cricketer
29th February 2016, 10:55
UAE has looked very ordinary with the bat. Honestly some of the Under 19 teams recently looked a lot better than their senior side. Even looking at the condition of their bodies, it just seems so awful they all seem like a bunch of street jobbers. If at all Pakistan lose to them they should all shoot themselves in the head afterwards but relax i don't see that happening.

Hoping UAE crosses 50 against Pakistan. It will be boys vs babies.

JibranAnsari
29th February 2016, 10:58
Thats just being extremely pessimistic even Mamoon won't agree with you.
JibranAnsari will though, gotta read his posts during match threads. Unbelievable lad

And pakistan hardly ever defy my predictions.

jog_1
29th February 2016, 11:00
sharjeel 50 incoming

3fer for sami

LegbreakGoogly
29th February 2016, 11:22
I've a feeling we will be going with the same team and we should.

Executioner
29th February 2016, 11:37
UAE will do good to score 100 against Pakistan attack

greenfan
29th February 2016, 11:43
Allah karay Pakistan uae say bhi haar jaey aur bangladesh say bhi. even only after that we might see some new faces in the team. But mujhay lagta nehin is kay baad bhi koe tabdeeli ho gi. wohi gissay pittay untalented players like kamran akmal wapis aa jain gay. I have no hope in Pakistan cricket.

yusuf.saya
29th February 2016, 12:52
UAE may not be a challenge but Bangladesh sure is going to be a big game.

theariezman
29th February 2016, 12:55
Does anyone know why Babar Azam was withdrawn from the squad? He is listed in the squad but as "Withdrawn player"

He got injured during PSL.

hur rizvi
29th February 2016, 12:57
Today's game may mark the start of a new rivalry in cricket

hur rizvi
29th February 2016, 13:03
Allah karay Pakistan uae say bhi haar jaey aur bangladesh say bhi. even only after that we might see some new faces in the team. But mujhay lagta nehin is kay baad bhi koe tabdeeli ho gi. wohi gissay pittay untalented players like kamran akmal wapis aa jain gay. I have no hope in Pakistan cricket.

Who are the new faces that are better than this lot?

ExplicitAI
29th February 2016, 13:34
Should use this game to build our confidence up and then go all out against SL and BD. Team combination must be correct and settled, pitch must be looked at and the right XI must be chosen on the day.

JibranAnsari
29th February 2016, 13:40
Potentially the only victory we are gonna have in the asia cup. Go boyZzzzz

Amjid Javed
29th February 2016, 13:41
Good luck to my Name sake Amjad Javed the UAE captain today, hope he performs well.

dauntless
29th February 2016, 13:43
I hope Umar bats at 4

Nastradamus
29th February 2016, 14:05
Should look to improve net RR

MRSN
29th February 2016, 14:11
Doesn't matter.. We will still be able to reach final by beating BD and SL.

DRS
29th February 2016, 14:15
I don't see UAE winning the match considering the type of pitches that have been made. Also, the form Aamir is in, he'll most probably end up getting 5fer at most. Unless, something happens to the pitches overnight, I don't see their opening batsmen surviving the first 10 overs. However, since it's Pakistan, surprise factor is always attributed with them.

Asif321
29th February 2016, 14:48
Sami will take 8 wickets today . i saw in dream

immubhai
29th February 2016, 14:57
Sami will take 8 wickets today . i saw in dream

This reminded me of Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams!
Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I travel the world
And the seven seas,
Everybody's looking for something.

aliasad1998
29th February 2016, 15:06
This reminded me of Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams!
Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I travel the world
And the seven seas,
Everybody's looking for something.

Some of them want to use you

Mamoon
29th February 2016, 15:13
Won't happen.

Our batting can potentially falter, but UAE will not be able to weather the pace of Amir, Sami, Wahab and Irfan.

If our four 140+ bowlers bowl fast and aggressively, we can get them out for less than 50.

A great opportunity for Amir or Sami to take 4-5 wickets.

apollo
29th February 2016, 15:23
It will be an easy win for Pakistan. Almost all of the U.A.E players are Pakistani expats, Shaiman Anwar even played for Sialkot Stallions, a few are Pakistani expats born in Dubai or Sharjah, only the keeper Patil is Indian.

As a Pakistani, U.A.E expat cricketers hearts will want Pakistan to win and win convincingly.

aliasad1998
29th February 2016, 15:25
Won't happen.

Our batting can potentially falter, but UAE will not be able to weather the pace of Amir, Sami, Wahab and Irfan.

If our four 140+ bowlers bowl fast and aggressively, we can get them out for less than 50.

A great opportunity for Amir or Sami to take 4-5 wickets.

We may not be the best team in the tournament but we have the best chance to qualify based on run rate simply because of our pace attack. If we can bowl these guys out before 60 we should target that in less than 9 overs and well get a massive run rate boost. Minnows cant handle our bowlers on these wickets

dashing_man
29th February 2016, 15:27
Then there will be a huge party and I will be invited :usman

arehaan
29th February 2016, 15:38
We will live to die another day. Typical response from afridi no big deal we will learn from our mistakes. We still have 2 games to qualify for the final

Markhor
29th February 2016, 15:39
Our bowling should be too much for them especially on this pitch.

Mannara chopra
29th February 2016, 15:40
no worries u.a.e will be 10-5 and this thread will end

dauntless
29th February 2016, 15:55
Wow seriously this is not gonna be happen Pak to win by at least more than 60 runs

Mamoon
29th February 2016, 16:02
We may not be the best team in the tournament but we have the best chance to qualify based on run rate simply because of our pace attack. If we can bowl these guys out before 60 we should target that in less than 9 overs and well get a massive run rate boost. Minnows cant handle our bowlers on these wickets

Yes, limping to victory against the UAE will do us no good. Also, we have to beat either Bangladesh or Sri Lanka, and we must do so convincingly.

TalentSpotterPk
29th February 2016, 16:07
UAE's only, if any, chance of win is by batting 1st; BUT that comes with a risk of sub 50 score.

PAK 'll improve significantly in coming matches. Apart from batting, I think in 1st match, bowlers misread the wicket & bowled a bit shorter. Even Aamir got over excited in his last couple of overs. Besides, as usual PAK mis calculated appropriate target and was looking for 170, rather than planning what BD did today - reach 14th over with 7 wickets at hand.

When the ball stops swinging than the bowler has to change his length otherwise he will get driven either on the ground or on the up. Amir is smart enough to realise this.

Wahab was trying to bowl lengths which gave Amir wickets. And those lengths are not good for him since he can't seam or swing the ball. And once he got hit for 2,3 fours than his confidence got affected and than it was spray gun with multiple lengths bowled by him. His main weapons are quick bouncer targeting body, slower bouncer, Quick yorker within stumps, quick wide yorker, Back of a length rising delivery outside off stump and slower ball. These are his strengths and he should only bowl as per his strengths. When he executes them properly he succeedes.

Irfan ? He always balls those lengths. Somedays batsman fail to tackle his steap bounce. Other days when he is slow he gets tonked. So against India it was his day of bring economical but wicketless.

Sami was overall fine except too man cross seamed deliveries. Also Shahid removed him after just 1 over but overall Sami was fine.

90MPH
29th February 2016, 16:08
Pak should beat the other 3 sides in the tournament.

But you never know with Pak....

anakin
29th February 2016, 16:23
The lowest scoring match of the tournament coming up, with Pakistan batting first.