PDA

View Full Version : Fanaa, first Bollywood film on kashmir not blaming Pakistan?

sharuk
10th July 2006, 23:36
But blaming terrorists bombing Pakistan cities and Indian cities so Kashmir can achieve independence?

first movie to do that from India?

Civil
10th July 2006, 23:40
Yeah .....

but it's not the first movie from India to suck.

Gasherbrum
10th July 2006, 23:43
Yeah .....

but it's not the first movie from India to suck.

haha!
agreed.

suhaib
11th July 2006, 00:04
yea and guess what its a copy of pakistani movie ghugat,

Nauman
11th July 2006, 00:22
yea and guess what its a copy of pakistani movie ghugat,
Man where do you find out this stuff from the way you dig up Pakistani movies is just incredible.

Jimmy two-times
11th July 2006, 00:29
when i went to pak last year there was only 5 people in cinema watching a pakistani film, we walked out after 15 mins because it was total bakwass.

So it always puzzled me who actually are they making these movies for? I

does anyone here watch them?

suhaib
11th July 2006, 00:29
i dnt find, it comes up it self
www.talkbollywood.com

Nauman
11th July 2006, 00:32
when i went to pak last year there was only 5 people in cinema watching a pakistani film, we walked out after 15 mins because it was total bakwass.

So it always puzzled me who actually are they making these movies for? I

does anyone here watch them?
Truck drivers and suhaib :P

Muzy
11th July 2006, 03:14
this film wasn't THAT bad i quite enjoyed watching it, i guess it's coz i hardly ever watch bolly films only once in a blue moon,

W63L35
11th July 2006, 03:47
I didn't care for the movie but does anybody know why this movie was banned in Indian State of Gujrat and why there were demonstrations against Aamir Khan in Ahmedabad???

suhaib
11th July 2006, 04:12
I didn't care for the movie but does anybody know why this movie was banned in Indian State of Gujrat and why there were demonstrations against Aamir Khan in Ahmedabad???
they dnt like amir khan

suhaib
11th July 2006, 04:13
Truck drivers and suhaib :P

ive only watched 2 pak films in my life/

W63L35
11th July 2006, 04:14
they dnt like amir khan
:20: :20: :20:

sharuk
11th July 2006, 05:17
aamir khan took a public stand against the gujarat government when they wanted to raze the colonies of poor people and build a Dam and some went on a hunger strike and aamir went there to support them and speak for them.

HAFRIDI
11th July 2006, 05:45
Man where do you find out this stuff from the way you dig up Pakistani movies is just incredible.

:))) :))) :)))

Spon on N . Its incredible!

Asim2Good
11th July 2006, 11:46
haven't seen it and now don't wanna see it

octavian
11th July 2006, 12:15
the movie is based on the novel " eye of the needle " as someone told me. but credit was never given as per usual indina style

billyoem
11th July 2006, 18:41

'Hindu Gujertatis' are to India...
What the 'Deep south Hillbillies' are to America.

The comparisons on ignorance, bigotry and racism are identical.

That should answer your question.

Saj
12th July 2006, 01:17
I like one of the songs in this film - cant remember the name of it though. The song is based around some of Delhi's tourist attractions.

samisback
12th July 2006, 01:19
I like one of the songs in this film - cant remember the name of it though. The song is based around some of Delhi's tourist attractions.
"chaand sifarish" .

Saj
12th July 2006, 01:21
"chaand sifarish" .

Thats the one Cavin - thanks

Tupac
19th July 2006, 19:59
christ...Aamir looks like he's having a seizure in the song Chaand Sifaarish!

i hate that song.....a medley of way too many instruments, including a short tabla sequence, followed by electric guitar and base drums. The best song of that album is Dekho Na.

Just watched it yesterday..thought it was pretty good. Aamir khan looks old, but he does as per usual a great job playing the Kashmiri Terrorist. Kajol makes a good comeback and looks great. God knows when this Kashmir thing will end man. But I agree with the OP, it's not a Pakistan bashing session like Gadar. Although Gadar like quality is increasingly rare to find :)

iZeeshan
19th July 2006, 21:35
I refuse to watch any movies on terrorists...

Except for Fanaa, and Inside Man...oh jeez I can go on forever...

zushy_786
20th July 2006, 00:15
christ...Aamir looks like he's having a seizure in the song Chaand Sifaarish!

i hate that song.....a medley of way too many instruments, including a short tabla sequence, followed by electric guitar and base drums. The best song of that album is Dekho Na.

Just watched it yesterday..thought it was pretty good. Aamir khan looks old, but he does as per usual a great job playing the Kashmiri Terrorist. Kajol makes a good comeback and looks great. God knows when this Kashmir thing will end man. But I agree with the OP, it's not a Pakistan bashing session like Gadar. Although Gadar like quality is increasingly rare to find :)

A pretty good movie ? I think it was a terrible movie, espacially the second half where the story took a turn for the worse....I had to endure all 2 and half hours of it to watch with my parents....Waste of time and absolute of waste of a dvd that movie is.......The music is bearable....Pretty interesting how they have shown Muslims as drunks too, espacially the father....