PDA

View Full Version : Biggest disappointment in your life

Thivagar
29th May 2016, 04:38
What has been your biggest disappointment in your life so far ? Please don't mention anything related to Cricket or any other sport.

IslamabadUnited
29th May 2016, 04:50
Trusted the wrong people. Turned out to be my enemies rather than friends.

Thivagar
29th May 2016, 04:50

go on......

aliasad1998
29th May 2016, 04:57

Oh Im sorry I thought this was Pakpassion. Didn't know I was on a 15 year old girl's Facebook page :sanga

Just a joke. Go on as Thivagar said

endymion248
29th May 2016, 05:06
What has been your biggest disappointment in your life so far ? Please don't mention anything related to Cricket or any other sport.
Firebreaker

Mahmood101
29th May 2016, 05:50
I played a prank on my friend and then he lost his gym membership because of it

www787
29th May 2016, 08:54
Opening this thread to read.

street cricketer
29th May 2016, 09:43
Opening this thread to read.

Weren't you the one who moaned in my thread too..

Is this your hobby in PP?:inti

Syed1
29th May 2016, 09:51
When I realized that we had India as neighbours..

CricketCartoons
29th May 2016, 10:19
When I found a mechanical engineer didn't know the basics of mechanics. :facepalm:

Belawal2014
29th May 2016, 11:04
When I found a mechanical engineer didn't know the basics of mechanics. :facepalm:

When you meet a person who lies about his own profession.

Firebreaker
29th May 2016, 13:23
Cant post about it here but I can give a hint.It's regarding a girl

AlphaFighter
29th May 2016, 13:34
Arranged marriage system not turning out to be as I expected it to be or was taught it to be.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Hamza_
29th May 2016, 14:33
Trusting some wrong people.

TM Riddle
29th May 2016, 14:59
Eating too much spicy food last night.

Abhilash93
29th May 2016, 15:35
Being made fun of at an IIM interview. I was so optimistic before appearing for it :mv

Hasan123
29th May 2016, 18:06
Got a few tbh

sensible-indian-fan
29th May 2016, 18:44
Being made fun of at an IIM interview. I was so optimistic before appearing for it :mv

Tell us more dude.

The only serious post in this thread.

Zak_Fan
29th May 2016, 18:52
I honestly believe that I could have been India's answer to Malinga (IPL version at the very least). Sadly, I never took my gifts seriously and now my juniors remember me as the guy with an unusually strong arm.

Thivagar
30th May 2016, 02:00
I honestly believe that I could have been India's answer to Malinga (IPL version at the very least). Sadly, I never took my gifts seriously and now my juniors remember me as the guy with an unusually strong arm.

How old are you ?

KingKhanWC
30th May 2016, 02:09
Went to my local shop yesterday and he still hasn't bought over any Pakistani mangoes! :(

Suleiman
30th May 2016, 02:11

I was gonna post something similar.

I think I took cricket up a little too late, and I think with dedication I could've seriously become a contender as a batsman. I read the game pretty well and who knows, maybe...

Thing with going on to become a world class or international class player is starting out in the sport at the right age, like Kohli who was like 5 or 6 when he started getting proper coaching.

But some people are naturally talented like Saeed Anwar, who started taking it seriously after getting his engineering degree.

But I guess different strokes for different folks...

Though there is still time I think. If Ajmal and Zulfi Baba can debut in mid 30s, who knows... :ajmal

Suleiman
30th May 2016, 02:12

Have heard this happens a lot in Pakistan and India. Really pathetic interviewing procedures there... man starts doubting himself.

Hasan123
30th May 2016, 04:25
Bet bet some disappointments for some people has to do with a girl :))

www787
30th May 2016, 06:13
Weren't you the one who moaned in my thread too..

Is this your hobby in PP?:inti

Don't remember which thread you're talking about.

Zak_Fan
30th May 2016, 08:17
How old are you ?

I'll turn 26 this July.

I was gonna post something similar.

I think I took cricket up a little too late, and I think with dedication I could've seriously become a contender as a batsman. I read the game pretty well and who knows, maybe...

Thing with going on to become a world class or international class player is starting out in the sport at the right age, like Kohli who was like 5 or 6 when he started getting proper coaching.

But some people are naturally talented like Saeed Anwar, who started taking it seriously after getting his engineering degree.

But I guess different strokes for different folks...

Though there is still time I think. If Ajmal and Zulfi Baba can debut in mid 30s, who knows... :ajmal

Are you still trying? I think spinners or batsmen still have a shot even if they start late, but a fast bowler has to be identified and nurtured aged 15 or less.

Suleiman
30th May 2016, 09:02
I'll turn 26 this July.

Are you still trying? I think spinners or batsmen still have a shot even if they start late, but a fast bowler has to be identified and nurtured aged 15 or less.

I'm trying, but honestly you can only fully dedicate yourself to it when you are done with your studies completely, but I try to juggle the two.

This is why it'd be better if I had decided to go this route sooner from a younger age.

Still, I'd have to pull a Tahir bhai if I wanted to realistically make enough money by making a living off cricket and go to SAF :amla, England or Australia rather than the torture cell that is Pak domestics to make peanuts.

I guess in India you'd have the benefit of being rewarded for your hardwork with a nice contract even as a debutant, heck even if you just make it to FC.

Thivagar
30th May 2016, 09:06
I'll turn 26 this July.

Batsmen must be nurtured from a young age. Batsmen must always face quality bowlers in order to become real good. Spinners can pop out of nowhere. What was the most competitive level of cricket you played ?

Suleiman
30th May 2016, 09:11
Batsmen must be nurtured from a young age. Batsmen must always face quality bowlers in order to become real good. Spinners can pop out of nowhere. What was the most competitive level of cricket you played ?

No, actually you can develop as a batsman easier than a pacer, even at a later age, say mid teens but MAX at 18-20.

That's how Saeed Anwar, Azhar Ali and Misbah got it done, they were not even First Class level in their late teens unlike most Pakistanis as batsmen, only starting from their 20s.

Same with Imran Khan tbh, who was a tailender like but was averaging 50 with bat in his last 10 years, he learnt what he learnt much later than that as a batsman.

I guess, these guys are isolated examples, but that's where I get my motivation from p much, so let's see.

You just need a combination of good coaching, and a willingness to improve + dedication, with some natural talent.

Sky is the limit #hopenotout

Thivagar
30th May 2016, 09:32
No, actually you can develop as a batsman easier than a pacer, even at a later age, say mid teens but MAX at 18-20.

That's how Saeed Anwar, Azhar Ali and Misbah got it done, they were not even First Class level in their late teens unlike most Pakistanis as batsmen, only starting from their 20s.

Same with Imran Khan tbh, who was a tailender like but was averaging 50 with bat in his last 10 years, he learnt what he learnt much later than that as a batsman.

I guess, these guys are isolated examples, but that's where I get my motivation from p much, so let's see.

You just need a combination of good coaching, and a willingness to improve + dedication, with some natural talent.

Sky is the limit #hopenotout

The batsmen you mentioned were probably still the top 50-100 batsmen in the country of 180,000,000+. They would have stood out at every match they played prior to making a FC debut. I was thinking more like picking up the game and starting the initial developmental phase.

anuk
30th May 2016, 09:45
I played a prank on my friend and then he lost his gym membership because of it

if this is ur biggest regret u've lived a very good life.

starbuck
30th May 2016, 10:27
My biggest disappointment was flunking in On job training assessment in my first job. Only 2 person flunked in the whole batch which I was one of them. Even kids from non computer science background cleared the exam and I could not cleared it.

Couch Cricketer
30th May 2016, 11:16
That I got married why because I am now divorced

Sent from my SM-G925I

Suleiman
30th May 2016, 12:03
That I got married why because I am now divorced

Sent from my SM-G925I

Probably the biggest one in the thread, tough to top this. My condolences with you bro, hope you are in a better place now.

Mamoon
30th May 2016, 13:26
My biggest disappointment is that I never pursued my interests/talents seriously and didn't put enough work to make a career out of them.

Be it cricket, golf, painting or writing. I believe I had a gift for all of them, but my problem in life has been my inability to fully concentrate on any one disciple, and now I have ended up with a regular job like millions of others.

Today, I feel like a person who lacks ambitious and is happy to go where life takes him.

Belawal2014
30th May 2016, 14:20
My biggest disappointment is that I never pursued my interests/talents seriously and didn't put enough work to make a career out of them.

Be it cricket, golf, painting or writing. I believe I had a gift for all of them, but my problem in life has been my inability to fully concentrate on any one disciple, and now I have ended up with a regular job like millions of others.

Today, I feel like a person who lacks ambitious and is happy to go where life takes him.

My greatest fear.

Slog
30th May 2016, 14:55
^ Same

I think I was meant for much more than just earning a nice paycheck

sensible-indian-fan
30th May 2016, 14:59

You still can do that part time till it becomes your full time gig.

Just need to start again to rekindle the interest.

Mamoon
30th May 2016, 15:00
My greatest fear.

That is why few people achieve greatness. You have to give your everything and make a lot of sacrifices.

In every field I have stepped in, I have seen people work much harder than me.

Robert
30th May 2016, 15:02
A stepchild of mine did a very bad thing. I'm saddened, disappointed and baffled. I still love that person, though.

Mamoon
30th May 2016, 15:08
Another big disappointment of my life has been not having the guts to approach my fiancée directly and hiding behind my parents.

GoUgandaCranes
30th May 2016, 17:18
Actually, none - no regret and definitely no disappointment.

I used to be scared of a few things like poverty and sickness but now the fear has lessened to a degree where this doesn't annoy or bother me anymore.

A few mistakes maybe here and there and some people that I shouldn't have hurt but you can't live a life like a pebble so well, so that's kinda expected.

#GreenRoars
30th May 2016, 19:10
Actually, none - no regret and definitely no disappointment.

I used to be scared of a few things like poverty and sickness but now the fear has lessened to a degree where this doesn't annoy or bother me anymore.

A few mistakes maybe here and there and some people that I shouldn't have hurt but you can't live a life like a pebble so well, so that's kinda expected.

Scared of poverty,why so ??

#GreenRoars
30th May 2016, 19:11
Another big disappointment of my life has been not having the guts to approach my fiancée directly and hiding behind my parents.

:facepalm: Indeed it's a disappointment, but i guess there should be some good reasons, right?

#GreenRoars
30th May 2016, 19:13
I was a fan of computer, machines, coding, scripting, making tools e.t.c e.t.c

But then i selected Chemistry for my further studies :((

I was guided wrong by my teacher but.......... Still i think i should have selected fields related to my interest at my college and University level.

#GreenRoars
30th May 2016, 19:19

Any reasons? Why didnt you take your gifts seriously?

GoUgandaCranes
30th May 2016, 19:22
Scared of poverty,why so ??

Remember the poem "muflasi"

"jab aadmi kay haal pay aati hai muflasi
kis kis tarah se is ko sataati hai muflasi"

It was the whole thing you know. You needed to study well or do something good. You had to be rich or at least well of. Every thing that you'd do was determined by your social status. It's a common fear luckily not scared of it anymore. Alhamdulillah.

Arham_PakFan
30th May 2016, 19:46
1,Taking Sciences in my O Levels
2.Getting Fat(hitting the gym and dieting now tho)

Mamoon
30th May 2016, 19:49
:facepalm: Indeed it's a disappointment, but i guess there should be some good reasons, right?

I feared rejection.

Syed1
30th May 2016, 19:51
1,Taking Sciences in my O Levels
2.Getting Fat(hitting the gym and dieting now tho)

Tell me about it. During my university days I used to go to the gym three-four times a week and would play soccer/cricket quite often. Throughout my fours years of engineering I had 2-4 packs of abs at all times.

But 2 years after graduation I have lost my packs and developed a tummy, also lost quite a bit of muscle definition of my chest, shoulders and arms. I guess this is typical for working adults with employment and social responsibilities chewing into the time that could be spent at the gym.

Arham_PakFan
30th May 2016, 19:52
Tell me about it. During my university days I used to go to the gym three-four times a week and would play soccer/cricket quite often. Throughout my fours years of engineering I had 2-4 packs of abs at all times.

But 2 years after graduation I have lost my packs and developed a tummy, also lost quite a bit of muscle definition of my chest, shoulders and arms. I guess this is typical for working adults with employment and social responsibilities chewing into the time that could be spent at the gym.

Yeah,but I'm not a working adult.

I just turned 16.

ahmedwaqas92
30th May 2016, 21:27
I kept quite for way too long and found out later that had I opened my trap :facepalm: I would've been the luckiest guy on the planet :69: I was a wuss until very recently with 'this' incident helped me change for how I approach things in life.

Nikhil_cric
30th May 2016, 21:35
I kept quite for way too long and found out later that had I opened my trap :facepalm: I would've been the luckiest guy on the planet :69: I was a wuss until very recently with 'this' incident helped me change for how I approach things in life.

Brother you need to elaborate on this.

#GreenRoars
30th May 2016, 21:52

Didn't get it.

ahmedwaqas92
30th May 2016, 21:52
Brother you need to elaborate on this.

Didn't get it.

It's about a girl, who I loved or better yet who I still love but now I guess it's too late. The fear of rejection was so great for me that I didn't even express myself enough or make it clear enough for her to take things forward. I lost her through my own naivete !! I regret not opening up enough even till today and BY GOD if there was a time machine I would totally go back and make things right.....

IslamabadUnited
30th May 2016, 21:59
Went to my local shop yesterday and he still hasn't bought over any Pakistani mangoes! :(

I feel for you... same thing happened to me the other day when I went to Asian grocers and they ran out of Kulfis.

IslamabadUnited
30th May 2016, 22:01
I was a fan of computer, machines, coding, scripting, making tools e.t.c e.t.c

But then i selected Chemistry for my further studies :((

I was guided wrong by my teacher but.......... Still i think i should have selected fields related to my interest at my college and University level.

How can a teacher make a decision about a students future? Did you only go into chemistry because your professor?

ahmedwaqas92
30th May 2016, 22:02
I feel for you... same thing happened to me the other day when I went to Asian grocers and they ran out of Kulfis.

At least you blokes are getting some sort of reprieve by having supplies around at some point in time... Ask me !!! I haven't had a taste of Pakistani food in the last 8 months or so :livid: :livid: :livid: :facepalm: :facepalm:

IslamabadUnited
30th May 2016, 22:03
At least you blokes are getting some sort of reprieve by having supplies around at some point in time... Ask me !!! I haven't had a taste of Pakistani food in the last 8 months or so :livid: :livid: :livid: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Which country doesn't have a Asian grocery store?

ahmedwaqas92
30th May 2016, 22:06
Which country doesn't have a Asian grocery store?

I am working in a city called Johor Bahru in Malaysia.....No Pakistani Restaurant within a 100 mile radius or even more...... On one side we have Singapore adjoined by the sea and the opposite end leads to a highway with a 4 hour drive to Kuala Lumpur and the nearest authentic Pakistani cuisine restaurant there. :69:

IslamabadUnited
30th May 2016, 22:10
I am working in a city called Johor Bahru in Malaysia.....No Pakistani Restaurant within a 100 mile radius or even more...... On one side we have Singapore adjoined by the sea and the opposite end leads to a highway with a 4 hour drive to Kuala Lumpur and the nearest authentic Pakistani cuisine restaurant there. :69:
Oh... I feel for you. Can you cook at least and how's living in Malaysia (must be a beautiful country)?

ahmedwaqas92
30th May 2016, 22:19
Oh... I feel for you. Can you cook at least and how's living in Malaysia (must be a beautiful country)?

I tried cooking once, apparently it's way more harder than I thought.... It took me LITEARLLY THREE FREAKING HOURS to make 4 chapatis and that's only chapatis :facepalm: After coming home from a hard day of 9-5 I simply don't have the strength to make dinner for myself so everyday I eat our of Styrofoam boxes.

On my off days I have thought of cooking but once I previously tried it I managed to get the smoke alarm triggered because I put the oil in the pan and then went to on my DOTA2 game. The landlord, who lives in the apartment in front of mine was banging on my door because it I had headphones on :)) :)) and that thing was going off like bonkers.

These experiences have held back my inner chef and it's a blessing (for others I guess) :D if that inner chef remains as quiet as possible.

Yes Malaysia is a very beautiful country indeed however, every country has it's flaws and for the great country this is it has it's flaws too but on the whole this is a very nice place Alhamdullilah.

Thivagar
30th May 2016, 22:24

What was the highest level of cricket you played ?

#GreenRoars
30th May 2016, 22:26
I tried cooking once, apparently it's way more harder than I thought.... It took me LITEARLLY THREE FREAKING HOURS to make 4 chapatis and that's only chapatis :facepalm: After coming home from a hard day of 9-5 I simply don't have the strength to make dinner for myself so everyday I eat our of Styrofoam boxes.

On my off days I have thought of cooking but once I previously tried it I managed to get the smoke alarm triggered because I put the oil in the pan and then went to on my DOTA2 game. The landlord, who lives in the apartment in front of mine was banging on my door because it I had headphones on :)) :)) and that thing was going off like bonkers.

These experiences have held back my inner chef and it's a blessing (for others I guess) :D if that inner chef remains as quiet as possible.

Yes Malaysia is a very beautiful country indeed however, every country has it's flaws and for the great country this is it has it's flaws too but on the whole this is a very nice place Alhamdullilah.

You are in malaysia so you must know Malayan bahasa, right?

#GreenRoars
30th May 2016, 22:28
How can a teacher make a decision about a students future? Did you only go into chemistry because your professor?

Haha yes, because my parents aren't educated, and also my brothers aren't educated much. They have done 2nd year or you can say HSSC, that's it.

I wanted to be software engineer, and when i told my principal that i am going to take Computer subjects in future, and he scolded me left, right and centre. Said you are intelligent block, go for medical and bla bla bla, i was so simple or idiot you should say, i went for medical and later on stuck in chemistry.

Peeuuwww, and the biggest joke, in free time i often teach Bcs students about computer languages and other stuff :facepalm:

ahmedwaqas92
30th May 2016, 22:29
You are in malaysia so you must know Malayan bahasa, right?

Siki Siki la, Saya Chakap Malayu Tafaham...... You chakap Ingris Bolay ????

#GreenRoars
30th May 2016, 22:30
It's about a girl, who I loved or better yet who I still love but now I guess it's too late. The fear of rejection was so great for me that I didn't even express myself enough or make it clear enough for her to take things forward. I lost her through my own naivete !! I regret not opening up enough even till today and BY GOD if there was a time machine I would totally go back and make things right.....

Sad :( only i can say ...

#GreenRoars
30th May 2016, 22:35

Saya hanya tahu bahasa melayu sedikit,

Like Apa kabar?? :))

ahmedwaqas92
30th May 2016, 22:38
Saya hanya tahu bahasa melayu sedikit,

Like Apa kabar?? :))

Alhamdulliah Saya Bagus.... You Apa Khabar ?? :D

IslamabadUnited
30th May 2016, 22:41

:))) I think you should only cook the easy to make type of foods like toasted breads, cereal, different types of salads, etc... At least, your neighbors will feel safe.

IslamabadUnited
30th May 2016, 22:45
Haha yes, because my parents aren't educated, and also my brothers aren't educated much. They have done 2nd year or you can say HSSC, that's it.

I wanted to be software engineer, and when i told my principal that i am going to take Computer subjects in future, and he scolded me left, right and centre. Said you are intelligent block, go for medical and bla bla bla, i was so simple or idiot you should say, i went for medical and later on stuck in chemistry.

Peeuuwww, and the biggest joke, in free time i often teach Bcs students about computer languages and other stuff :facepalm:

Well, that's not acceptable. A teacher should never make the decision about a students future. They have every right to guide you or give you an idea about different fields but can never force you into a field you don't like. Anyways, I hope you are liking chemistry.

Thivagar
30th May 2016, 22:48
My biggest disappointment has been my love for cricket and confidence associated with it. I started playing tennis ball cricket when I was like 5-6 and usually with older guys(13 to 20+ old). I was never the best player, but I didn't realize how good I was for that age(7-8-9). I played many organized tennis ball cricket, even scoring 30 to 40 runs in a game. I was even asked by a coach to come train hardball cricket for free of charge, my didn't allow me. I was just a "batsmen" then . I moved to Canada at the age of 10, I didn't play cricket till the age of 14. When I picked up again, I lost my touch. I felt like I was doing too many things with my body and I never was able to replicate my flow of batting. I picked up bowling, bowled leg break with no knowledge of how to utilize my talent. I never played club cricket or knew anyone who played so I never knew what to do and how to do. All I knew was that I could turn the ball 1 feet if I wanted to. I went to one of the best cricketing high school in Canada (North Albion Collegiate), In fact it is probably the best in the country. We win every year or at least make it to the final. I never was able to utilize my talent cause I never knew how good my natural talent was when it came to spin bowling. I was in my senior year, did well in indoor season, fractured my finger and was out for the entire season. There was a tournament arranged to take 15 high school kids from Canada to play in UK for free of cost. That was my ultimate goal. It was also the senior year when I felt that I was good enough. I was finally given the ball, I go up to the crease, rain starts pouring down like it hasn't been and that was it. The tournament was cancelled, they chose players based on their performance during the high school season which I was injured and didn't play. Later that year I had a chance to show my talent in front of former Indian Spinner Sunil Joshi, he was the spinning coach of the u-19 Indian team during that time(2011). That is when I realized that I was actually very good. What happened next wasn't anything encouraging either. I kept not knowing what to do with my talent, I kept getting dropped by my uni team despite being praised in the nets. I've learned a lot about spin bowling, now I have the knowledge. I'm also aware that my lack of confidence on the field scared lot of my captains.

I started recording myself bowl and it is just the beginning. I'm doing it for myself, I wanna turn this into a habit.

Mamoon
30th May 2016, 22:59
What was the highest level of cricket you played ?

I played as a top-order batsman for my club, held my own at the age of 11-12 when I played against 15-16 year old bowlers, but I never put the required work and barely practiced. Eventually I lost interest and phased out.

Same goes with golf. I am quite a competent player but haven't improved for 4-5 years now, because when I first started I would hit nearly 500 balls a day and now I barely practice.

I would say that I never had the ambition to be the best in my field. Even in studies, I have never aimed to be number one.

I really don't have that drive in me. Don't see the point of being the best.

Syed1
30th May 2016, 23:04
My biggest disappointment has been my love for cricket and confidence associated with it. I started playing tennis ball cricket when I was like 5-6 and usually with older guys(13 to 20+ old). I was never the best player, but I didn't realize how good I was for that age(7-8-9). I played many organized tennis ball cricket, even scoring 30 to 40 runs in a game. I was even asked by a coach to come train hardball cricket for free of charge, my didn't allow me. I was just a "batsmen" then . I moved to Canada at the age of 10, I didn't play cricket till the age of 14. When I picked up again, I lost my touch. I felt like I was doing too many things with my body and I never was able to replicate my flow of batting. I picked up bowling, bowled leg break with no knowledge of how to utilize my talent. I never played club cricket or knew anyone who played so I never knew what to do and how to do. All I knew was that I could turn the ball 1 feet if I wanted to. I went to one of the best cricketing high school in Canada (North Albion Collegiate), In fact it is probably the best in the country. We win every year or at least make it to the final. I never was able to utilize my talent cause I never knew how good my natural talent was when it came to spin bowling. I was in my senior year, did well in indoor season, fractured my finger and was out for the entire season. There was a tournament arranged to take 15 high school kids from Canada to play in UK for free of cost. That was my ultimate goal. It was also the senior year when I felt that I was good enough. I was finally given the ball, I go up to the crease, rain starts pouring down like it hasn't been and that was it. The tournament was cancelled, they chose players based on their performance during the high school season which I was injured and didn't play. Later that year I had a chance to show my talent in front of former Indian Spinner Sunil Joshi, he was the spinning coach of the u-19 Indian team during that time(2011). That is when I realized that I was actually very good. What happened next wasn't anything encouraging either. I kept not knowing what to do with my talent, I kept getting dropped by my uni team despite being praised in the nets. I've learned a lot about spin bowling, now I have the knowledge. I'm also aware that my lack of confidence on the field scared lot of my captains.

I started recording myself bowl and it is just the beginning. I'm doing it for myself, I wanna turn this into a habit.

Paragraphing might have helped there.

I don't want my eyes to bleed while reading this.

Thivagar
30th May 2016, 23:07
Paragraphing might have helped there.

I don't want my eyes to bleed while reading this.

But they wouldn't stop my heart from bleeding would they ?:inti

Syed1
30th May 2016, 23:09
But they wouldn't stop my heart from bleeding would they ?:inti

A heart bleed is a critical condition and you should get admitted to the nearest hospital

Suleiman
30th May 2016, 23:10

Nasi Ayam.

That is the extent of my Bahasa malay these days from knowing how to speak it in bits and pieces few years back when I lived there. :amir

ahmedwaqas92
30th May 2016, 23:17
Nasi Ayam.

That is the extent of my Bahasa malay these days from knowing how to speak it in bits and pieces few years back when I lived there. :amir

To be fair in my professional life I never ever use Malay on a day to day basis. I picked up the language just to competitively order food, become a tad bit social and fit in with the crowd that happened to mostly be around me.

Back when I was in KL I worked for a Singaporean Multinational so everything there was in English, the communication, the briefing / meetings etc everything. Now that I am in Johor Bahru Malay is more dominant on the streets and there are times when the locals practically can only say Hello in Ingris (English in Malay :D) so to move around more freely I had to learn the language the hard way.

On point of what you've written that's practically a dish called Rice (Nasi) Chicken (Ayam) although the correct linguistic translation would be Chicken Rice not Rice Chicken :))

Thivagar
30th May 2016, 23:30
A heart bleed is a critical condition and you should get admitted to the nearest hospital

Went there, only Dr.Bassim was available, so I decided that I'd rather bleed it out. Jokes I <3 Dr. Bassim.

Vorador
30th May 2016, 23:31
Myself.

Syed1
30th May 2016, 23:33
Went there, only Dr.Bassim was available, so I decided that I'd rather bleed it out. Jokes I <3 Dr. Bassim.

:))) Omg that was funny

Suleiman
30th May 2016, 23:49
To be fair in my professional life I never ever use Malay on a day to day basis. I picked up the language just to competitively order food, become a tad bit social and fit in with the crowd that happened to mostly be around me.

Back when I was in KL I worked for a Singaporean Multinational so everything there was in English, the communication, the briefing / meetings etc everything. Now that I am in Johor Bahru Malay is more dominant on the streets and there are times when the locals practically can only say Hello in Ingris (English in Malay :D) so to move around more freely I had to learn the language the hard way.

On point of what you've written that's practically a dish called Rice (Nasi) Chicken (Ayam) although the correct linguistic translation would be Chicken Rice not Rice Chicken :))

Haha yeah I know what it means, I remember this ad the McDonalds in Malaysia was running for their Nasi Ayam and their Nasi Leemak, so it's still stuck in my mind.

Yeah having lived in Kuala Lumpur, you really didn't need to know Malay to get by. But man I miss KLCC, probably the best mall I've ever been to. But that was back in 2005, I'm sure a new one must've taken its place.

ahmedwaqas92
31st May 2016, 00:03
Haha yeah I know what it means, I remember this ad the McDonalds in Malaysia was running for their Nasi Ayam and their Nasi Leemak, so it's still stuck in my mind.

Yeah having lived in Kuala Lumpur, you really didn't need to know Malay to get by. But man I miss KLCC, probably the best mall I've ever been to. But that was back in 2005, I'm sure a new one must've taken its place.

2016 KLCC is one of its kinds to be honest - They have now Bugati and Lotus car shows over there and what not... However, that place has some distinct memories attached for me for the time I spent with a certain someone in that mall.

My route everyday was through KLCC and towards the LRT station that took me to my apartment and just for the sake of being with that someone for an extra hour or so I would ride the LRT 40 mins in the opposite direction and then go home two hours late everyday :))

now that I think about it, I can safely say, youth is quite the dumb period in life :D

Suleiman
31st May 2016, 00:18
2016 KLCC is one of its kinds to be honest - They have now Bugati and Lotus car shows over there and what not... However, that place has some distinct memories attached for me for the time I spent with a certain someone in that mall.

My route everyday was through KLCC and towards the LRT station that took me to my apartment and just for the sake of being with that someone for an extra hour or so I would ride the LRT 40 mins in the opposite direction and then go home two hours late everyday :))

now that I think about it, I can safely say, youth is quite the dumb period in life :D

I see, I really miss the LRT system. But fortunately for me since my dad had an office in the Twin Towers we had an apartment right across from the twin towers / KLCC that had an underground tunnel to the mall which you could cross in 10-15 mins to get there by foot.

Don't think I've seen a tunnel like that. Nice marble tiles, air conditioning, all the good stuff.

But yes having lived in many countries I think Malaysia was easily the best one. Culture is similar to our own, natural beauty (Genting Highlands, ahh..), and the food is great ESPECIALLY the Satay. There was this one Satay joint right next to my school there, would buy like 7 chicken satay and 6 beef ones, with some extra peanut chutney... good times :D

My only regret in Malaysia was in 5th grade where I had a huge crush on this girl in my class, she was half Malaysian half white IIRC, and instead of telling her anything, I straight up stole her Pokemon cards lmao :facepalm: :)) Weird way to show affection, but I feel kinda bad because they were pretty strong Pokemon cards, and back then pokemon cards were a huge deal.

Still have them. :liam

ahmedwaqas92
31st May 2016, 00:24
I see, I really miss the LRT system. But fortunately for me since my dad had an office in the Twin Towers we had an apartment right across from the twin towers / KLCC that had an underground tunnel to the mall which you could cross in 10-15 mins to get there by foot.

Don't think I've seen a tunnel like that. Nice marble tiles, air conditioning, all the good stuff.

But yes having lived in many countries I think Malaysia was easily the best one. Culture is similar to our own, natural beauty (Genting Highlands, ahh..), and the food is great ESPECIALLY the Satay. There was this one Satay joint right next to my school there, would buy like 7 chicken satay and 6 beef ones, with some extra peanut chutney... good times :D

My only regret in Malaysia was in 5th grade where I had a huge crush on this girl in my class, she was half Malaysian half white IIRC, and instead of telling her anything, I straight up stole her Pokemon cards lmao :facepalm: :)) Weird way to show affection, but I feel kinda bad because they were pretty strong Pokemon cards, and back then pokemon cards were a huge deal.

Still have them. :liam

You lived right across KLCC ?? I am presuming the apartment was on Jalan Ampang right ?? Because my office was also right across KLCC aquaria, the Jalan Pahang entrance opposite the KLCC aquaria section. Have you heard of Wisma UOA II ??? I was stationed on the 26th floor for more than 2+ years :)

Anyways back when I was in KL those were indeed some exciting times. If you ever visit Malaysia again do give me a pm, would love to catchup and hang around a bit.

You stole her Pokemon cards :))) them Pokemon cards must've been some collector edition I presume :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thivagar
31st May 2016, 16:27
Not enough depressing stories for me to lessen my insecurities.

gani999
31st May 2016, 20:16
Have heard this happens a lot in Pakistan and India. Really pathetic interviewing procedures there... man starts doubting himself.

It is deliberately done to see how well the candidate can handle rejection and criticism.

The best way to deal with such interview questions is to keep your composure, shrug and wave the criticism off as if it is no big deal.

The interviewers in big insitutes like the IIM know that the candidates who are appearing in front of them are mostly scared and tensed up. The trick is to never let the interviewers have the upper hand.

Moh@n
31st May 2016, 20:34

I am an IT Consultant, and believe me life is not easy.

IslamabadUnited
31st May 2016, 20:40
Well, the biggest disappointment this morning was my hot chocolate from Tim Hortons. Tasted more like hot water.

Thivagar
31st May 2016, 20:45
Well, the biggest disappointment this morning was my hot chocolate from Tim Hortons. Tasted more like hot water.

Toronto or Sauga ?

IslamabadUnited
31st May 2016, 20:46
Toronto or Sauga ?

Toronto!

Syed1
31st May 2016, 20:53

Never get it from the gas station Timmy's.. those are worst.

I generally go to a branch and they are usually upto standard..

dauntless
31st May 2016, 20:54
I have some dissapointment I used to love a girl and I still love her never told her my feelings due to my shy attitude that is biggest revert of my life now it's like two years I have seen her.
She was most beautiful girl in the class maybe she has/had not such feelings for me but I will always regret if only I proposed her maybe she had accepted my proposal.now if I will see her in future I will propose her that is for sure.
I m a good bowler but I had never ever given a trial to any team represting state or district. I m 18 only but I have lost my interest in cricket.
I m a good chess Player there was a tournament organised which was inter school but did not participate in the tournament due to some issues I still regret that thing.
Recent disappointment I m not able to score much marks in 12th class

IslamabadUnited
31st May 2016, 21:19
Never get it from the gas station Timmy's.. those are worst.

I generally go to a branch and they are usually upto standard..

Yes, you're right.

CricketCartoons
31st May 2016, 21:35
Being myself.

Couch Cricketer
31st May 2016, 22:33
You are kidding I live in Singapore many Pakistani from here visit jb to go to a Pathan resturant to eat karahi and Chapli Kebab specially.

Sent from my SM-G925I

ahmedwaqas92
1st June 2016, 00:22
You are kidding I live in Singapore many Pakistani from here visit jb to go to a Pathan resturant to eat karahi and Chapli Kebab specially.

Sent from my SM-G925I

Life Saver !!!!!!!!!!! Can you please tell me where it is in JB ??? I tried every where looking for authentic Pakistani cuisine but had no luck whatsoever :( :(

Me and my one other Karachj friend are literally dying to find something that stimulates the taste buds.....

Abhilash93
1st June 2016, 00:23
Tell us more dude.

The only serious post in this thread.

Low grades bro...low grades.

The profs had one look at my gradecard & started making sarcastic comments on my academic performance. As if that wasn't enough, they were both mechanical engineers (which is what I graduated in). They then started asking some pretty tough questions related to mechanical & obviously I couldn't answer much. I had expected them to ask atleast a few questions related to finance etc but they just kept grilling me on my graduation subjects. That day I really regretted whiling away 4 years in college in useless pursuits.

sensible-indian-fan
1st June 2016, 00:29

The profs had one look at my gradecard & started making sarcastic comments on my academic performance. As if that wasn't enough, they were both mechanical engineers (which is what I graduated in). They then started asking some pretty tough questions related to mechanical & obviously I couldn't answer much. I had expected them to ask atleast a few questions related to finance etc but they just kept grilling me on my graduation subjects. That day I really regretted whiling away 4 years in college in useless pursuits.

Screw them.

How would your knowledge in mechanical engineering be relevant to how qualified you are for an IIM seat?

You scored how much in CAT?

Thivagar
1st June 2016, 03:32
Toronto!

Near which intersection ?

Justcrazy
1st June 2016, 03:42
Too many.

CricketCartoons
1st June 2016, 04:16

Not just low grades, but your lack of knowledge in something you are supposed to be an expert at. You got a degree but no knowledge, shows your work ethic, and that was a fair interview. Hopefully you took something positive out of it.

Square Drive
1st June 2016, 05:12

Which Asian grocers was this? :murali

Couch Cricketer
1st June 2016, 08:16
Life Saver !!!!!!!!!!! Can you please tell me where it is in JB ??? I tried every where looking for authentic Pakistani cuisine but had no luck whatsoever :( :(

Me and my one other Karachj friend are literally dying to find something that stimulates the taste buds.....

Naseeb Khan Capati Nan

Pasar Borong Pandan City

Jalan Pandan, Johor Bahru, 81100, Malaysia

North 1° 31’27.5” East 103° 45’ 56.5” (GPS coordinates)

Sent from my SM-G925I

#GreenRoars
1st June 2016, 13:37
Screw them.

How would your knowledge in mechanical engineering be relevant to how qualified you are for an IIM seat?

You scored how much in CAT?

Ops, i thought that Grades and professors issue is only in Pakistan :(

blinding light
1st June 2016, 14:11
This just might break up the jovial atmosphere of this supposedly not-so-jovial thread.

When I was 10, I lost my newborn, baby brother. I cried for days then, and it took me ages to get over it. But in a lot of ways, it has made me what I am today -- that happens when everyone you know pats a 10-year old on the back and says "Ab tum beta ban ker dekhao sab ko..."

Now, every time early August rolls about, I just feel the disappointment in pangs - and more confusion than pain, as to what is to come ahead of me. To reconcile the conflicting beta and beti into one being without aggravating our pathetic societal norms.

Call it selfish. Maybe 12 years can do that to you.. But it is what it is..

IslamabadUnited
1st June 2016, 17:07
Which Asian grocers was this? :murali

In Toronto.

GoUgandaCranes
2nd June 2016, 01:09
This just might break up the jovial atmosphere of this supposedly not-so-jovial thread.

When I was 10, I lost my newborn, baby brother. I cried for days then, and it took me ages to get over it. But in a lot of ways, it has made me what I am today -- that happens when everyone you know pats a 10-year old on the back and says "Ab tum beta ban ker dekhao sab ko..."

Now, every time early August rolls about, I just feel the disappointment in pangs - and more confusion than pain, as to what is to come ahead of me. To reconcile the conflicting beta and beti into one being without aggravating our pathetic societal norms.

Well, did it in any way positively change your life?

Abdul
2nd June 2016, 03:00
Wasting my whole semester. Not my biggest disappointment, but it is a recent one.

Abdul
2nd June 2016, 03:03
Being myself.

Good!

TalhaSyed
2nd June 2016, 03:16

My biggest disappointment has been my love for cricket and confidence associated with it......

What? :afaq

Just messing bro :)) :))

blinding light
2nd June 2016, 05:51
Well, did it in any way positively change your life?

That is an odd way to frame the question.

But I don't think so. It made me come out of the 'protective' shell pretty quick and mature earlier than others, but that's neither negative nor positive.

May his soul RIP.

Belawal2014
2nd June 2016, 05:56
That is an odd way to frame the question.

But I don't think so. It made me come out of the 'protective' shell pretty quick and mature earlier than others, but that's neither negative nor positive.

May his soul RIP.

I hope you are at peace with the past as well.

blinding light
2nd June 2016, 06:05
I hope you are at peace with the past as well.

I am at peace, Alhamdulillah. Like I said, 12 years can do that.. Some things are just beyond your control, and making peace with it is the only thing you can do.

But the only heroes in that situation were my parents. It was literally hell for them, but they only cared for us.. I guess you can say that was perhaps a 'positive' - realising the depth of their strength as they hid their pain.

It obviously took them time - and though we don't talk about it - but I think they may have reached a stage of peace too..

Belawal2014
2nd June 2016, 06:16
I am at peace, Alhamdulillah. Like I said, 12 years can do that.. Some things are just beyond your control, and making peace with it is the only thing you can do.

But the only heroes in that situation were my parents. It was literally hell for them, but they only cared for us.. I guess you can say that was perhaps a 'positive' - realising the depth of their strength as they hid their pain.

It obviously took them time - and though we don't talk about it - but I think they may have reached a stage of peace too..

Bolded part is so true, and so is your SIG. You do seem like a very mature woman. Are you an only child?

blinding light
2nd June 2016, 07:04
Bolded part is so true, and so is your SIG. You do seem like a very mature woman. Are you an only child?

I've an older sibling.

street cricketer
2nd June 2016, 08:48
Being myself.

You are my inspiration.

aliasad1998
2nd June 2016, 13:16

Im really sorry for what you had to go through. May he RIP

#GreenRoars
2nd June 2016, 15:03

Well it's good you have learned some thing from your loss which can never be replaced.

Thivagar
2nd June 2016, 16:34
What? :afaq

Just messing bro :)) :))

Well I meant to say "don't mention anything related to a cricket match involving your nation". :srt

Hasan123
2nd June 2016, 17:45
One for me is, I was extremely close with someone during my college years. We both said when we left college we said we would keep in touch, we both knew this would be difficult for reasons I won't mention. But they said they would keep in contact. And they have not really kept in proper and regular contact. I trusted this friend a lot and it has really hurt me the way I have been treated. We are in contact but they reply once a day if that with no explanation for why they don't reply regularly. I really trusted this person and I thought they cared about me. Disappointed with the way I was treated and find it difficult to trust people after that

aliasad1998
3rd June 2016, 16:20
One for me is, I was extremely close with someone during my college years. We both said when we left college we said we would keep in touch, we both knew this would be difficult for reasons I won't mention. But they said they would keep in contact. And they have not really kept in proper and regular contact. I trusted this friend a lot and it has really hurt me the way I have been treated. We are in contact but they reply once a day if that with no explanation for why they don't reply regularly. I really trusted this person and I thought they cared about me. Disappointed with the way I was treated and find it difficult to trust people after that

She used you. Happens to all of us :afaq There there

Hasan123
3rd June 2016, 16:48
She used you. Happens to all of us :afaq There there

Damm u knew it was a girl :srt. I wouldn't say used because she told me a lot of personal stuff about herself. Has it happened to you?:yk2