PDA

View Full Version : Manners...

mulan
17th July 2006, 14:33
The world has become rude, very rude indeed.

So, how many times have you said to yourself : "Oh how rude" after observing someone doing or saying something?

Is the world getting more rude?
Or are manners just not as important as before?

Schiller
17th July 2006, 17:33
well mulan darling, we've gotten old. Curious to know, if there is a change or us old fogeys merely being nostalgic

samisback
17th July 2006, 17:33
well usually us bloke's are not really bothered about picking upon such thing's (since we are the guilty ones :P

Daoud
17th July 2006, 17:47
Whats considered rude has perhaps changed too. For example would you consider a male sitting on a bus while a female is standing rude?
I dont but if it were an elderly person or someone with a young child I would

ziggy
17th July 2006, 17:48
I agree with Mulan..i remember when all kids used to be polite, always saying yes ma'am and yes sir, and thank you, there was no rape, no war, no muggings, kids never sneeked out of home, there was no under age drinking or smoking, no umarried mothers..ahhh yes those were the days..thats the problem with nostalgia..brings back too many memories.

samisback
17th July 2006, 17:56
I agree with Mulan..i remember when all kids used to be polite, always saying yes ma'am and yes sir, and thank you, there was no rape, no war, no muggings, kids never sneeked out of home, there was no under age drinking or smoking, no umarried mothers..ahhh yes those were the days..thats the problem with nostalgia..brinks back to many memories.
are we talking about the 1850's here ?:10:

princess afridi
17th July 2006, 18:23
the world has become alot rudder i think the little words like 'please' and 'thankyou' and very rearly heard nowadays.

mulan
17th July 2006, 18:52
Whats considered rude has perhaps changed too. For example would you consider a male sitting on a bus while a female is standing rude?
I dont but if it were an elderly person or someone with a young child I would I'd consider it to be polite, yes if a man gives his seat for a lady. Or perhaps "chivalrous"...(do people even still use that word)

On the other hand, some women wear so much make up, that they could be considered to be paintings. Then they can hang.

Schiller
17th July 2006, 18:55
you seem to be in an off mood today mula ;)

must be me but i like rudeness, some of the thank you and chivlary business is heavy on the nerves

mulan
17th July 2006, 18:58
well mulan darling, we've gotten old. Curious to know, if there is a change or us old fogeys merely being nostalgic Well Schiller, some years ago Lynn Truss said in her book "Talk to the Hand", there is a divide. And how you determine the divide is by bending your elbow.

If the skin snaps back immediately, you're too young and shouldn't even bother.

If the skin takes its sweet time to get back, well, you're most likely one of those people who says: "How rude" more often than not...

Nothing wrong with my elbow skin though... :9:

mulan
17th July 2006, 19:04
you seem to be in an off mood today mula ;)

must be me but i like rudeness, some of the thank you and chivlary business is heavy on the nerves Not really. Just not as happy as I always am.

Someone jumped the line at the supermarket, someone stole my parking space, I spent a lot of time and money helping someone out without getting a "thank you"... Colleaugues want info and don't ask just order.

Anyhoooo, I don't like rudeness. It's very unlady-like.

Manners is a funny thing...What some deem rude, others don't.

For instance, as a child I was taught by one side of the family, not to look men in their eyes, another side of the family said it's bad manners NOT to look people in the eye when you talk to them...

Schiller
17th July 2006, 19:07
Not really. Just not as happy as I always am.

Someone jumped the line at the supermarket, someone stole my parking space, I spent a lot of time and money helping someone out without getting a "thank you"... Colleaugues want info and don't ask just order.

Anyhoooo, I don't like rudeness. It's very unlady-like.

Manners is a funny thing...What some deem rude, others don't.

For instance, as a child I was taught by one side of the family, not to look men in their eyes, another side of the family said it's bad manners NOT to look people in the eye when you talk to them...

so long as you give them the eye, you're doing fine ;)
waisay
why not happy?

mulan
17th July 2006, 19:36
so long as you give them the eye, you're doing fine ;)
waisay
why not happy? That be rude.

mulan
17th July 2006, 19:39
why not happy? Unfortunately a lot of pain today. Struggle to smile through tears... Can only have painkillers every 6 hours.

You asked. :|

cinderella
17th July 2006, 19:41
why not happy? Unfortunately a lot of pain today. Struggle to smile through tears... Can only have painkillers every 6 hours.

Why? What's wrong?

Schiller
17th July 2006, 19:41

pain? im in the dark here? everything ok?

mulan
17th July 2006, 19:52
Cinder, Schiller...everything's fine. Thanks for asking.

catwoman
18th July 2006, 02:13
I don't really care if random people on the street are rude because I can behave rudely with them in return but if people I know are rude to me, then I find it disrespectful and offensive.

Easa
18th July 2006, 02:42
Mona, why the change to Catwoman? And when?

catwoman
18th July 2006, 02:45
Mona, why the change to Catwoman? And when?

A few days ago. Got sick of having the same nick for 4 years and thought I'd be anonymous for a while.

Tariq Jamshed
20th July 2006, 04:40
Rudeness is related to lack of respect and lack of patience for others - which in turn is related to the increasing divorce rate in societies all across the world

Big Daddy
20th July 2006, 04:48
Yesterday i was comming back home and this car was comming head on towards me on a one way street. I manovered my self all the way to the side and let the car pass. As the car passed this woman from ancient history rolled her head out and said something to me as if i was in the wrong!!!!!!. To my credit I stopped myself from cussing her after I realised she was a sample from world war 1.