PDA

View Full Version : India beat West Indies by an innings and 92 runs in the 1st Test

#GreenRoars
24th July 2016, 15:21
India 566/8d

West Indies 243 & 21/1 (13.0 ov) (f/o)
West Indies trail by 302 runs with 9 wickets remaining

LastManstanding
24th July 2016, 19:38
Rahane you beauty.

avidlearner
24th July 2016, 19:47
Very impressed with the way Indian pacers have bowled in this game. Not surprised by Shami's brilliance but Yadav bowling consistently probing line and length with good pace is a sight for sore (Indian) eyes.

street cricketer
24th July 2016, 19:51
Is it just me or does Yadav swing the ball very well these days?

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 19:57
All our pacers have been good.

Especially Shami and Yadav.

Kohli effect is showing.

The real test of our pacers will come in terms of consistency and when we are under the pump.

So far so good.

avidlearner
24th July 2016, 19:58
Being his last test series, Marlon looks very determined to go on a high note.

Need to get him out, quickly.

street cricketer
24th July 2016, 19:59
Rahane can beat Dravid as India's best ever slip fielder at this rate.

avidlearner
24th July 2016, 20:01
Rahane can beat Dravid as India's best ever slip fielder at this rate.

Technically, i haven't seen an Indian catcher who is as good as Rahane is at slips (including Rahul).

street cricketer
24th July 2016, 20:02
Technically, i haven't seen an Indian catcher who is as good as Rahane is at slips (including Rahul).

Seconded.

avidlearner
24th July 2016, 20:05
Despite my apprehensions and dislike for Ajay Jadeja (due to his shady past), he sounds to me a much better commie (easy on the ears too) with great insights and explanations behind the microphone than many of our so called experienced broadcasters of great cricket pedigree.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 20:09
He IS a better analyst.

avidlearner
24th July 2016, 20:10
Looks like Opening terror (for India that is) of early noughties Devang gandhi at the dug out with Virat.

Selector?

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 20:14

+1

Rahane is a natural..

Bhaag Viru Bhaag
24th July 2016, 20:16
Dhoni wasted yadav and aaron. Thank god he retired from tests. Hopefully he will soon retire from ODI's too.

avidlearner
24th July 2016, 20:18
Dhoni wasted yadav and aaron. Thank god he retired from tests. Hopefully he will soon retire from ODI's too.

Eagerly waiting for the day. Virat need to be captain in all formats for India.

avidlearner
24th July 2016, 20:18
Ishant is struggling with his delivery stride, so many no balls form him.

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 20:19
Eagerly waiting for the day. Virat need to be captain in all formats for India.

I'm not sure if Virat can do well in LOIs. Dhoni manages the spinners very well and is one of the main reasons why India sit pretty at top all the time. Tests, yes, I agree with both of you.

Smbhayi
24th July 2016, 20:21

Azharuddin, he's the best allround fielder too :afridi

avidlearner
24th July 2016, 20:24
I'm not sure if Virat can do well in LOIs. Dhoni manages the spinners very well and is one of the main reasons why India sit pretty at top all the time. Tests, yes, I agree with both of you.

My grouse with MSD is mainly with his team selection. He rarely ever tries the change the combo and at times persists with his preconceived strategies so stubbornly even if it isn't working. MSD is getting older and his batting is no more reliable and devastationg like it used to be. Plus, Virat need to blooded in as captain in all formats to make him learn all the tricks and trades of the game.

Hasan123
24th July 2016, 20:25
Virats captaincy will benefit India in overseas tests

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 20:26
My grouse with MSD is mainly with his team selection. He rarely ever tries the change the combo and at times persists with his preconceived strategies so stubbornly even if it isn't working. MSD is getting older and his batting is no more reliable and devastationg like it used to be. Plus, Virat need to blooded in as captain in all formats to make him learn all the tricks and trades of the game.

Yep, LOIs these days require new tactics. Same old formula will not work anymore. India direly needs change...

avidlearner
24th July 2016, 20:26
Azharuddin, he's the best allround fielder too :afridi

Agree, he is one of the best that we had in the past but I feel Rahane as @Sandep said slip catching comes naturally to Rahane + technically looks much more correct and calmer catcher that I have ever seen from indian cricketing circle.

Samuels gone?

Did that carried cleanly to the WK?

avidlearner
24th July 2016, 20:30
Marlon survives

Chief Destroyer
24th July 2016, 20:33
What a performance by India! Amazing team!

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 20:40
That was clearly out. The soft signal from umpire was out too.. poor decision.

Bhaag Viru Bhaag
24th July 2016, 20:42
Kohli is the true successor of ganguly as a test captain.

street cricketer
24th July 2016, 20:46
What a performance by India! Amazing team!

Hain na?

This is the dawn of an ATG team which will demolish every team in its path:yk

avidlearner
24th July 2016, 20:48
Dark clouds are approaching near the stadium, hope that is just a passing clouds.

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 20:49
Pretty flat pitch this. West Indies just need to bat normally to make a match out of this. Samuels is certainly capable. Not sure about the rest of the team.. Dowrich looked good in the first innings though..

AamchiMumbaikar
24th July 2016, 20:53
Need to be patient ... Wickets will come slowly on this pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 20:54
What an elegant player! Samuels is playing some lovely strokes out there.. pure class!

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 20:59
Ashwin not bowling well today.

Yesterday he was flighting and looping the ball and getting it to dip. Was unlucky yesterday.

Today he hasn't looped it so much and is a too full.

Bad bowling.

He needs to get his act right (its important for us going forward in this series).

As for the pitch, its gotten very easy to bat. Need to be patient.

And sometimes its better to have fielders in the deep if things aren't working perfectly.

Sin Nombre
24th July 2016, 21:00
India still has the problem that they bowl badly after they are screwed over by the umpires. Bowling has been poor since the Samuels no-call.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 21:00
Pacers could do well yesterday cos there was a bit of life in the middle of the pitch which allowed the balls to bounce and seam a bit.

I get the feeling the pitch is easing out.

In the tour games, pacers didn't do much.

So need a disciplined effort.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 21:02
India still has the problem that they bowl badly after they are screwed over by the umpires. Bowling has been poor since the Samuels no-call.

If that was out, then Dowrich dismissal of Ashwin was out too.

But then both of them weren't given by the third umpire.

Which surprised me cos 20 years back, those wouldn't have been given but these days, those dismissals are given.

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 21:06
It's just about Samuels' wicket. Need to be patient. Test for Kohli's captaincy. Having 5 bowlers helps..

Sin Nombre
24th July 2016, 21:16
If that was out, then Dowrich dismissal of Ashwin was out too.

But then both of them weren't given by the third umpire.

Which surprised me cos 20 years back, those wouldn't have been given but these days, those dismissals are given.

Did not see the Ashwin one.

It was more a remark on a traditional failing where our bowlers get undisciplined after a perceived injustice.

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 21:17
Did not see the Ashwin one.

It was more a remark on a traditional failing where our bowlers get undisciplined after a perceived injustice.

Hope Kohli can get them out of that. The focus should not divert, which has always been the case..

Sidilicious
24th July 2016, 21:24
My fear with Kohli is that he may not learn from his mistakes and go the other extreme of Dhoni.

1. Always sticks to the 5 bowler strategy even when the pitch has something for the bowlers. - like Bangalore against SA.

2. Relies too much on pace and doesn't give Bhuvi a chance in Swinging conditions.

This pitch he has been pretty good. I hope he keeps learning and improves

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 21:26
My fear with Kohli is that he may not learn from his mistakes and go the other extreme of Dhoni.

1. Always sticks to the 5 bowler strategy even when the pitch has something for the bowlers. - like Bangalore against SA.

2. Relies too much on pace and doesn't give Bhuvi a chance in Swinging conditions.

This pitch he has been pretty good. I hope he keeps learning and improves

I feared the same but Kohli seems like a guy with good head on his shoulders. He quickly realized that Pujara is more important than flashy Sharma in the test team. He dumped Binny when he didn't perform. The dude always tries to improve. Also, he has Kumble to guide him when anything goes wrong. Nothing to worry..

Sidilicious
24th July 2016, 21:28
I feared the same but Kohli seems like a guy with good head on his shoulders. He quickly realized that Pujara is more important than flashy Sharma in the test team. He dumped Binny when he didn't perform. The dude always tries to improve. Also, he has Kumble to guide him when anything goes wrong. Nothing to worry..

Fingers crossed. I hope what you say about Pujara is true. I somehow feel he is still too eager to give Monsieur Sharma a chance

Sidilicious
24th July 2016, 21:29
Haven't been watching the match. Can someone please comment on each of our bowlers so far. From the previous posts and scorecard it looks like Shami and Yadav have been good

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 21:35
Fingers crossed. I hope what you say about Pujara is true. I somehow feel he is still too eager to give Monsieur Sharma a chance

Well, Pujara isn't doing any favors to himself by performing badly.. let's hope he starts performing soon..

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 21:47
As everyone has said, need to be patient.

Pacers need to be rotated well.

Spinners need to be given longer spells to hit stride.

Pitch is easing out imho.

So its not a simple job of just turning up and knocking wickets over unless WI batsmen too want to go home fast.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:05
Good over by Ash.

We need him to win this series by a big margin.

Just needs a wicket or two to get over the mental demons where people constantly say he is crap outside Asia. The way he bowled in innings 1.....that was some high class bowling with extreme flight.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:12
I would bring Mishy boy too from the other end.

Spinners did the job in tour game where pacers got nothing from the wicket.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:17
Finally...Ash gets one.

What could him the wicket?

Flight, dip and a touch of turn.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:21
Finally Mishy boy in.

Virat must just let spinners get into rhythm and bowl long.

Nice flight by Mishy too. This is awesome.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:23
Chandrika's bat mildly missed it and hit the ground.

Unlucky for him.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:24
Why the hell am I only posting here like a ******?

No one even interested?

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:25
Now one Ashwin gets another.

Again flight gets Blackwood to drive and out.

Just an issue of confidence and shaking away mental demons as I said.

Now India won't have a doubtful spinner going ahead this series.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:27
I am talking to a wall.

lol.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:28
Mishy goes for 4 but its a DAMN GOOD ball.

I don't think Mishy did this much in first innings but now he is doing it.

Awesome flight.

Just needs to bring the length a bit back.

JaDed
24th July 2016, 22:29
Mishra needs to up his game.

Sandeep
Lovely catch by Virat.. that's the spirit boys!

JaDed
Don't know why but Kohli is going to end up making us a Pace dependent team,he needs to realize the importance of balance.

Sin Nombre
24th July 2016, 22:30

Ashwin has bowled well in patches in this test.

He cannot be mentally fragile if he is to succeed outside the subcontinent.

AamchiMumbaikar
Samuels, Dowrich and Holder stand between us and a win now. These passing showers are good, will spice up the pitch.

Sandeep
I am talking to a wall.

lol.

:)))

Bharat Army is here SIF.. don't you worry :P

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:31
Both spinners look like taking a wicket every second ball now.

Pitch is hardly turning.

cricket.mad
24th July 2016, 22:32
Will the match end today?

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 22:32
Don't know why but Kohli is going to end up making us a Pace dependent team,he needs to realize the importance of balance.

I noticed that Kohli's captaincy is more suited for pacers. He uses all his bowlers in short spells. Pacers are going to benefit as they can be effective in shorter spells, but spinners will struggle as they can't get into rhythm..

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 22:33
Both spinners look like taking a wicket every second ball now.

Pitch is hardly turning.

All thanks to the ineptitude of lullo West Indies batsmen..

Gone
24th July 2016, 22:34
I am talking to a wall.

lol.

Reading it too lazy to reply or post :D

giri26
24th July 2016, 22:34

Ashwin is bowling brilliantly. Virat needs to understand that spinner needs a 7-8 over spell as opposed to a fast bowler having 4-5 overs. Yesterday Ashwin rarely bowled more than 5 overs in a spell. If he thinks Ashwin is an attacking bowler overseas, he needs to give him longer spells overseas.

Sin Nombre
24th July 2016, 22:35

We just beat SA at home by preparing 2 rank turners.

Kohli is going to do whatever it takes to force a result in a game (including trying to chase 400+ on a crumbling 5th day Adelaide pitch).

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:35
Ashwin has bowled well in patches in this test.

He cannot be mentally fragile if he is to succeed outside the subcontinent.

1. He bowled a few bad balls and was a touch too full. Not bowled bad in patches. But the way he tossed up and got dip in first innings was brilliant. Something I hadn't seen an Indian spinner do for a long long time. Cricinfo commentary would reveal a bit on how he bowled last innings. He was very unlucky to not get atleast 2-3 wickets in first innings. Troubled both the highest scorers last innings.

2. Mental fragility is not the case. Ashwin is one of the strongest when it comes to being mentally strong. But when you keep bowling in Aussie pitches and have everyone from commies to fans to people around you, doubt you outside Asia...it will take a toll. It happens to all.

Look at him right now. Looks like picking a wicket every ball now. lol.

Firebreaker
24th July 2016, 22:36
I think Shardul Thakur should be given a chance in the next game

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:37
Ashwin is bowling brilliantly. Virat needs to understand that spinner needs a 7-8 over spell as opposed to a fast bowler having 4-5 overs. Yesterday Ashwin rarely bowled more than 5 overs in a spell. If he thinks Ashwin is an attacking bowler overseas, he needs to give him longer spells overseas.

That too.

I didn't make that point but planned too.

I agree.

Spinners on a tough pitch can't breakthrough if you give them just 5 overs,.

But then pacers were more effective so its all cool. But if Virat uses Mishy or Ash, he needs to go for extended spells (not 5 over spells).

All the good spinners in the world start getting into zone the more they bowl.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:37
So a wicket falls and Indian fans are all over this thread like flies on rotten food.

Haha...

Joking...

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:38
Ash gets yet another.

lol.

JaDed
24th July 2016, 22:38
Danger man is :out, Ash gets 3

avidlearner
24th July 2016, 22:39
Brilliant stuff from Ash.

Dangerous Marlon gone.

sensible-indian-fan
The spin in the last ball resulted in this false shot on a non spin delivery.

Sandeep
So a wicket falls and Indian fans are all over this thread like flies on rotten food.

Haha...

Joking...

I'd be more interested to come during the tough times SIF.. you can rant all you want then :))

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:40
A small boost makes such a huge difference.

giri26
24th July 2016, 22:41
Ashwin once again proving that he has improved by leaps and bounds. He is a genuine attacking option overseas.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:41
I'd be more interested to come during the tough times SIF.. you can rant all you want then :))

Haha..you are welcome ji.

Sin Nombre
24th July 2016, 22:42
"And again, that drift! Sensational delivery," remarks Karthik. "There's a breeze going exactly in the direction of his drift too. Kohli has the two spinners on from the right ends.

Agreed?

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:42
Oh that drifted so much.

Thank you wind and revs. ;-)

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 22:43
Ashwin, when he gets it right, is as good as anyone in the world. Such an elegant bowler to watch..

street cricketer
24th July 2016, 22:45
What does drift depend upon?

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:46
Ashwin's a touch too full this over.

Get it right dude.

You are lethal when you do it.

Not upto the mark of your last 3-4 overs.

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 22:47

Breeze/Wind and revolutions on the ball. I also noticed that Ashwin does that really well with a relatively newer ball. Almost akin to swing of fast bowlers.. It's all rotational dynamics my friend ;-)

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:49
Mishy's flighting well but needs to land it a bit shorter.

Touch too full.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:50
Another one.

:))) Ash

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:51
Flight and dip again strikes.

Sandeep
They can't play Ashwin here.. too good for *******..

Hasan123
Ashwin will take apart these Caribbean hacks, and I can see him troubling the Aussies and English batters.

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 22:52
Ashwin will take apart these Caribbean hacks, and I can see him troubling the Aussies and English batters.

Hope mate, hope! I can already feel that Indian bowlers (especially pacers) feel more confidence and are given license to attack. Only if Kohli can continue to build on this!

Smbhayi
Good over by Ash.

We need him to win this series by a big margin.

Just needs a wicket or two to get over the mental demons where people constantly say he is crap outside Asia. The way he bowled in innings 1.....that was some high class bowling with extreme flight.

even if he managed to take all XI wicket they'll say it's against ****** Windies ;)

street cricketer
Breeze/Wind and revolutions on the ball. I also noticed that Ashwin does that really well with a relatively newer ball. Almost akin to swing of fast bowlers.. It's all rotational dynamics my friend ;-)

Yes, I remember him doing that at Vizag vs the Lankans. Almost like a swinging ball.

Staying up to watch Ash bowl:warne

street cricketer
24th July 2016, 22:53
even if he managed to take all XI wicket they'll say it's against ****** Windies ;)

****** spinner doing well he he:srini

Hasan123
24th July 2016, 22:54
Hope mate, hope! I can already feel that Indian bowlers (especially pacers) feel more confidence and are given license to attack. Only iif Kohli can continue to build on this!

Yes in the bits I have seen bowlers enjoy bowling under Kohli, Ashwin in paticular. Ashwin will cause England late middle order all sorts of problems.

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 22:54
Yes, I remember him doing that at Vizag vs the Lankans. Almost like a swinging ball.

Now only if Mishra can find his groove :murali :warne :P

Dios
24th July 2016, 22:56
Why the hell is Jason Holder the captain? He is not even good enough to be in the Test squad and neither is Carlos Brathwaite. Why are they playing ahead of genuine pacers like Kemar Roach, Miguel Cummins and Alzarri Joseph who are at least 15 kph quicker and could've seriously troubled the India batsmen? WI's Test batting is hopeless honestly. The FC averages of some of these batsmen are truly appalling. This Chandrika guy is opening the innings with a FC average of 25. Like seriously? The only way they can have a competitive batting line-up is by bringing back Gayle and Chanderpaul and giving the likes of Brathwaite, Bravo, Blackwood some more time to mature. Following the West Indies can be so frustrating at times.

street cricketer
Now only if Mishra can find his groove :murali :warne :P

Mishy needs to flight the ball more.

Doing it better now and getting turn, bowled a bit flatter at the start.

battler
That was a classical off-spinners dismissal for Ashwin!

Smbhayi
Disgrace. last two test should be scrapped (point wise india can't earn much even if it 4-0). Play T20 instead where they can compete. enough is enough with this one side bashing last 14 years ;)

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 22:57
OK, time for the usual rants. If they're done for the day, we can continue with our annihilation.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 22:59
Sixer.

Holder takes on Ash.

Great shot man.

Smbhayi
****** spinner doing well he he:srini

He isn't ******, he's the No.2 (may no.1 after this match) bowler and no.1 AR :warne

Sandeep
I'm sure Shane Dowrich will be the future captain for West Indies. Looks a proper fighter to me. Very gritty attitude.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 23:02
Mishy boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 23:03
Googly I think

street cricketer
24th July 2016, 23:04
He isn't ******, he's the No.2 (may no.1 after this match) bowler and no.1 AR :warne

I'm just repeating what he was called here a few days back:narine:yasir

Sandeep
Mish and Ash are both spinning webs around the batsmen. These guys are too good for them..

Smbhayi
I'm sure Shane Dowrich will be the future captain for West Indies. Looks a proper fighter to me. Very gritty attitude.

History of Windies last few years. first it was Sammy who takes over WI when they are down badly and injects energy despite some massive losses. When he's done Holder takes the charge. Next may be him.

street cricketer
24th July 2016, 23:05
Spin twins doing the damage:murali:warne

Dios
24th July 2016, 23:07
Wasn't out. Just as I had though. No wonder India don't want DRS. Chandrika wasn't out either. Long live BCCI.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 23:07
Needs a fielder on the back legside for Ash.

Holder edged that.

Last over he edged inside and escaped.

Then he edged outside and escaped.

lol.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 23:09
Ohhhhhhhhhh

Almost bowled by Mishy boy

street cricketer
24th July 2016, 23:12
Wasn't out. Just as I had though. No wonder India don't want DRS. Chandrika wasn't out either. Long live BCCI.

Lmao as if Chandrika with his lofty 25 fc average would've hit a triple century here:narine

P.S.: Btw why are you even watching the match dude, we are forced to watch it as we're Indian fans:yk

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 23:13
Another 2 chances this over but Holder somehow escaped.

Hope he is well now.

That jaw must be hurting.

Dios
24th July 2016, 23:14
Lmao as if Chandrika with his lofty 25 fc average would've hit a triple century here:narine

P.S.: Btw why are you even watching the match dude, we are forced to watch it as we're Indian fans:yk

I don't have a life.

street cricketer
24th July 2016, 23:14
Ashwin generates considerable bounce for a spinner.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 23:15
Kohli should bowl these 2 spinners together till they either take all wickets or drop dead.

Whichever comes first.

The speed at which the overs get finished is helping both.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 23:18
This break is not good for us.

Sandeep
Let's get Yadav in.. Holder will need to hear some chin music..

street cricketer
I don't have a life.

He he, even then watching a test match at west indies is too far a step, especially when it's one sided..

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 23:20
Let's get Yadav in.. Holder will need to hear some chin music..

That may spoil and rhythm and speed at which these 2 are going through overs.

When they start looking jaded then let's bring pacers.

Almost another chance.

Every over there is an edge or chance or just missed. The tempo is perfect.

Chief Destroyer
24th July 2016, 23:22

Magnus effect.

http://pencilcricket.blogspot.com/p/magnus-effect-in-leg-spin-bowling.html

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 23:23
5fer.

geraltofrivia
24th July 2016, 23:23
Best spinner in the world.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 23:24
Ashwin is doing a lot with his wrists.

It moves a bit during delivery that I doubted his action this ball.

Pressed replay on Youtube and it was wrist and not elbow.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 23:25
Brilliant ball.

Flight outside off, gets a shot, turns big, batsman misses it and it crashes into the stumps.

Sin Nombre
100 and 5-er outside the subcontinent. Well done Ashwin.

street cricketer
Ashwin has learnt one or two hindi bad words from Kohli..

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 23:26
5 fer and a century. Who's the best allrounder in the world? Yes, it's Ash!

street cricketer
24th July 2016, 23:27
Magnus effect.

http://pencilcricket.blogspot.com/p/magnus-effect-in-leg-spin-bowling.html

Wow that's one thesis..

So it basically depends mainly on the environmental conditions.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 23:28
First time Ashwin has ran through a batting and got a 5fer in one spell.

Broadesque stuff.

I don't think he has ever done this before.

Even on rank turners.

Sin Nombre
24th July 2016, 23:30

Broadesque stuff.

Even on rank turners.

Second time.

Sandeep

Broadesque stuff.

Even on rank turners.

All thanks to *******..

sensible-indian-fan
Second time.

When was first?

Sin Nombre
24th July 2016, 23:32
When was first?

Windies at home in 2011.

Botham leads with 5.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 23:32
All thanks to *******..

Part *******, part wind and some incredible classical spin bowling.

:P

I think he has worked on his bowling more.

What I saw in first innings was something Ashwin didn't do before. That's why I kept talking about it.

Let's see in other pitches.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 23:33
Windies at home in 2011.

Botham leads with 5.

Ok thanks..I didn't know.

geraltofrivia
24th July 2016, 23:34
Windies at home in 2011.

Botham leads with 5.

He meant running through in one spell.

street cricketer
24th July 2016, 23:34
Ash, Mishy and Jaddu (if he plays) are going to love Guyana.

street cricketer
24th July 2016, 23:36
Why does brother Shri Bishoo always keeps an angry face?

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 23:36
Why around the wicket yaar?

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 23:40
Cmon Mishy boy.

You can do it.

sensible-indian-fan
24th July 2016, 23:43
Pacers into the attack.

Sanzcool
24th July 2016, 23:43
Time to bring in Shami or Yadav to finish in 2 balls

Sandeep
24th July 2016, 23:52
Umesh has killed it this match. Came close to his full potential..

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 00:08
My internet got weird.

Damn...they are still not out.

Sandeep
25th July 2016, 00:10
KL Rahul got hurt very very bad at short leg. On the knee roll.. Bishoo, the batsman who hit him, is laughing!

Sidilicious
25th July 2016, 00:11
Umesh has killed it this match. Came close to his full potential..

Needs to get a handy Yorker to manhandle the tail.

I am possibly getting a bit too greedy

Sandeep
25th July 2016, 00:12
Needs to get a handy Yorker against a tail.

I am possibly getting a bit too greedy

He should. He's reversing it beautifully, yorker is the only thing missing..

Sidilicious
25th July 2016, 00:13
KL Rahul got hurt very very bad at short leg. On the knee roll.. Bishoo, the batsman who hit him, is laughing!

Not good that. Our batsmen need to finish off Bishoo in the next match

Sandeep
25th July 2016, 00:14
Not good that. Our batsmen need to finish off Bishoo in the next match

Yep. Pujara and Rahane need to join the party. They, along with Kohli, can send him into oblivion..

Sandeep
25th July 2016, 00:20
Carlos Brathwaite looks a decent batsman, but how long will he continue playing test matches? I feel he'd go the DreRuss way..

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 00:20
Why is Shami not bowling?

Abhilash93
25th July 2016, 00:22

You mentioned drift just now. How does one get the ball to drift, is it breeze-related alone?
It is, to some extent. How you call a mirage, drift is also a bit of a mirage. How it leaves your hand and what kind of arc it makes and what kind of parabola it makes is what you think is drift. For a batsman sometimes, you feel it has gone into you, it’s gone late. Most of the time, you are not looking at drift that happens from the hand but drift that happens towards you when it reaches the batsman. When drift happens from the hand, it is more of an angle, it is more of a curvature. What happens is the batsman is looking for it, he is playing for it, he is letting it come in like an inswinger. But when you load the ball differently and put enough revs on it, it starts drifting when it is about to dip. That is when a batsman is committed to a shot and that is something that is not dependent entirely on the breeze. It is dependent on how much revs you put on and how well you loaded and uncocked your wrist. On certain occasions in Indian grounds, it is going to be a bit challenging because all the grounds are almost cocked and fit, so you will not get any assistance from the breeze like there was in Sri Lanka in the first two games. But I think you can get a little bit of curve in terms of shape on the ball when you are bowling to the batsman with your wrist.

Is drift in some way a spinner’s equivalent of swing?
Not necessarily. It’s the amount of revs that you put on the ball that makes the ball behave differently. With the SG ball now, I don’t know. Definitely from the time I started playing first-class cricket and now, the quality of SG balls have differed so much, I don’t know how it is going to be this series (against South Africa). Sometimes, the box of balls that is thrown at you is not great, so it is very imperative for the spinner that the ball is very good. Sometimes in the past, I have overlooked the quality of balls and gone on bowling because I thought it doesn’t really matter. But it does, it does to a certain extent. When you are playing against quality batsmen, you will encounter Hashim Amla, Faf (du Plessis) and AB (de Villiers) in this particular series, it is very important you get all the stocks right.

http://www.wisdenindia.com/interview/mind-ashwin-spin-scientist/180338

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 00:23
Touch too full

Dios
25th July 2016, 00:27
Gavaskar and Sir Viv in the commentary box together. Awesome!

street cricketer
25th July 2016, 00:28
Not good.

Bishoo brother frustrating us.

Abhilash93
25th July 2016, 00:28

There was one in SL.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pVeHTp8dTw8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 00:29
Need to put fielders on deep and get Bishoo to slog.

He will slog and get out.

Have fielders in deep Virat.

street cricketer
25th July 2016, 00:30
There was one in SL.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pVeHTp8dTw8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes, he seems to be getting the balls to drift a lot nowadays.

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 00:30
Don't be lazy bowling to Bishoo.

Ash almost got him out when he landed right.

2 bad balls and he smashed them.

Sandeep
25th July 2016, 00:31
Lol.. Bishoo bro is going for everything. Much needed comic relief..

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 00:32
Damn...we spoiled the end of a great session.

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 00:33
The field placing for Bishoo was disappointing.

Sometimes placing the right fielder in deep for batsmen who just slog gets them out.

Abhilash93
25th July 2016, 00:34
Yes, he seems to be getting the balls to drift a lot nowadays.

Sorry! that was not the correct one.

I was actually talking of this :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xh0A0Qyubvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 00:50
Hope Kohli places a defensive field (with close in fielders) and tempts Bishoo to slog.

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 00:53
This break is good for us.

As I spoke, Carlos hits a 6.

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 00:54
Yaay Kohli has fielders in the deep.

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 01:01
Mishra might do well not flighting so much.

They are attacking.

Bowl googlies and keep it simple. They will come at you and screw up.

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 01:02
Cmon Saha and Rahane

Mishy deserved that wicket.

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 01:06
Good. Cut the run flow.

They will do something.

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 01:07
Need ODI style bowling here.

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 01:12
Finally BISHOO GONE.

Ash 6th wicket.

Thank God.

This innings in a way was irritating me so much. Maybe cos they were scoring so fast.

ODI bowling did it here.

Sandeep
25th July 2016, 01:12
Bishoo got dishoomed.. take that brother :P

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 01:14
Gabriel now smashes a 4.

Oh the horror.

:))

:facepalm:

All hacks.

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 01:14
Ashwin 7fer.

Nailed it.

nish_mate
25th July 2016, 01:15
feeling Lonely Sif? It's just you talking to yourself

nish_mate
25th July 2016, 01:16
And it's over grrrr

Abhilash93
Finally !

Sanzcool
17 5fer in 33 tests is just 2 good for any bowler

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 01:17
feeling Lonely Sif? It's just you talking to yourself

Very lonely.

Haha.

Its ok.

I know the bleedy Indians are all lurkers watching me talk all day.

Sandeep
25th July 2016, 01:19
Very lonely.

Haha.

Its ok.

We're all stalking you SIF... :21:

nish_mate
25th July 2016, 01:23
Very lonely.

Haha.

Its ok.

You got all the makings of a psychotic killer ( lonely, talking to yourself, and a Sif) and you are a ******* to boot.... :D

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 01:23
Finally the outside Asia shackles are broken for Ashwin so he can breathe a sigh of relief and go to the next games with more confidence.

Yadav and Shami had a BRILLIANT game.

Ishant was tight and good.

Mishy boy got wickets.

Very proud of our bowling.

This wicket is still very easy to bat and 5 bowlers worked hard to prise them out.

If Shami had bowled after 8 down, his reverse may have got them out earlier. Dunno why he didn't bowl.

Indian_Supporter
25th July 2016, 01:24
Great win...congrats to all Indian posters here.

nish_mate
25th July 2016, 01:24
So we won on a day when Pakistan got some phainty.... Would have been better if England had wrapped it up within 3 days

Slog
25th July 2016, 01:25
Congrats to India and Indian posters!!

Total domination!!!

Sandeep
25th July 2016, 01:26
Finally it's the 5 bowlers that got us the win. I can only imagine how tough it would have been without 1 extra option. The workload also will be equally shared so that guys like Umesh and Shami can be at their top speeds whenever they come on..

Sandeep
25th July 2016, 01:27
So we won on a day when Pakistan got some phainty.... Would have been better if England had wrapped it up within 3 days

Nah.. Cook wants to demoralize Pakistan bowlers before finishing it off. Also kill off any chance of Pakistani hopes for a fightback..

sensible-indian-fan
Without 5 bowlers, we would have struggled BIG TIME.

nish_mate
Congrats to India and Indian posters!!

Total domination!!!
Naa mate we let them score 100 runs too many...prising out the tail has been out achilles heel for too long

Anfield
25th July 2016, 01:32

Not big time. This Windies team is very inexperienced.

Anfield
25th July 2016, 01:33
Congrats Indians. An away win is always good!

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 01:34
Not big time. This Windies team is very inexperienced.

Big time brother.

Not in a "we will lose" kind of way.

But in a "taking 20 wickets is so hard" kind of way.

We have the history to back it up. :D

Anfield
25th July 2016, 01:36
Big time brother.

Not in a "we will lose" kind of way.

But in a "taking 20 wickets is so hard" kind of way.

We have the history to back it up. :D
Against other teams yes, but not against Windies. Lol

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 01:40
Against other teams yes, but not against Windies. Lol

Not against Windies in regular pitches.

In this pitch, kinda yeah.

4th day and still pitch is not breaking up.

Would have huffed and puffed to get 20 wickets on this pitch. May have got it but would have drained us soo much.

I think there was a test in 2011 where we should have won but we didn't cos we couldn't get WI all out on time.

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 01:41
The kind of pitch where scoring is hard, taking wickets is hard.

Perfect pitch to bore everyone.

Slog
25th July 2016, 01:46
Naa mate we let them score 100 runs too many...prising out the tail has been out achilles heel for too long
Hmm didn't follow match but margin of victory is massive

Slog
25th July 2016, 01:46
How did Bishoo bowl btw?

Indiafan
25th July 2016, 01:55
Finally the outside Asia shackles are broken for Ashwin so he can breathe a sigh of relief and go to the next games with more confidence.

Yadav and Shami had a BRILLIANT game.

Ishant was tight and good.

Mishy boy got wickets.

Very proud of our bowling.

This wicket is still very easy to bat and 5 bowlers worked hard to prise them out.

If Shami had bowled after 8 down, his reverse may have got them out earlier. Dunno why he didn't bowl.

He is returning from injury, I think they didn't want to risk him against the tail when the match was almost won

Indiafan

Actually in the last 4-5 years we are in the top teams in prising out tails. Tailenders are just getting better in each team

Sandeep
How did Bishoo bowl btw?

C R A P. It's almost as if he's in the team for his batting.

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 01:59
He is returning from injury, I think they didn't want to risk him against the tail when the match was almost won

I see...makes sense.

He would have probably cleaned them up faster.

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 02:01
How did Bishoo bowl btw?

Well.....3/160 flatters his bowling.

Watching Bishoo bowl just makes one admire Yasir more. There was a poster who said the same too.

There is no life in his bowling. Slow, no zip off the pitch (which is expected on this pitch) but nothing really to threaten.

Indians were generous and gifted him wickets through long hops.

Sadevdesai
25th July 2016, 02:24
Indians won big alright ..... but this WI Team is pretty weak ....to say the least. In the end though, you have to play with the cards you are delt ..... so congrats to tthe Indians. This win will help their Ranking for sure.

Batman_DB
25th July 2016, 03:11

yes i agree hope india keeps this 5 bowler strategy in overseas and flat pitches!! India dont need 5 bowlers in rank turners so they can play rahul or rohit at no 6

Bhaag Viru Bhaag
25th July 2016, 03:14
yes i agree hope india keeps this 5 bowler strategy in overseas and flat pitches!! India dont need 5 bowlers in rank turners so they can play rahul or rohit at no 6

As long as kohli is there you will see such tactics. Impressive captaincy by kohli even though it was against a weak team but still he will learn a lot by captaining in as many tests as possible.

LahoreWala
25th July 2016, 03:16

We're not India :P

sensible-indian-fan
25th July 2016, 03:17
Indians won big alright ..... but this WI Team is pretty weak ....to say the least. In the end though, you have to play with the cards you are delt ..... so congrats to tthe Indians. This win will help their Ranking for sure.

No it won't.

WI are low ranked team with 65 points.

I think we have to win 3-0 atleast to MAINTAIN our points.

Batman_DB
25th July 2016, 03:21
As long as kohli is there you will see such tactics. Impressive captaincy by kohli even though it was against a weak team but still he will learn a lot by captaining in as many tests as possible.

yes its a weak team but if u dont beat them convincingly they you underachieved here india should at least win 3-0

Still winning in SAF and AUS are the biggest priorities i dont think it will anytime happen soon need some serious talent in the fast bowling dept

Batman_DB
25th July 2016, 03:26
3rd best bowling figs for an indian spinner outside asia/india

Hasan123
25th July 2016, 04:09
Well done to India happy for the Indian posters on here. Wasn't easy to get 20 wickets on here credit to India. Hope you have settled on a bowling combination overseas :)

MenInG
25th July 2016, 04:10
Congratulations to India.

Moh@n
25th July 2016, 08:53
It was a difficult pitch to force a result at, and we ended up winning inside four days. Speaks volumes about how weak this WI team is.

The next test is at Jamaica, and that ground almost always produces a result. Would be interesting to see what team WI choose for that one.

Moh@n
25th July 2016, 08:55
I would like to see Kemar Roach instead of Carlos Brathwaite. That would really give strength to their bowling.

Brathwaite is a poor test bowler in my opinion.

street cricketer
25th July 2016, 09:45
Great, I watch till 1 AM to see India pick up the last 2 wickets, but lose hope 2 overs after the tea and call it a day. An over later, Pahelwaan Bishoo and Gabriel choose to collapse.

Anyway a good overseas victory for us. Particularly impressed with Ashwin's performance, feared his batting had started to impact his bowling. But this is the first time I'm seeing Ash get a 7fer away from Asia on a phatta. Maybe he was inspired by Yasir:usman
The west indies need to improve more, were dire in this match. Hope the Windies give better competition in the upcoming matches but India still win.

AamchiMumbaikar
25th July 2016, 10:05
Awesome! First innings victory in WI for us.

People should remember it's a cycle when India n Pak were weak , Wi , Aus n Eng won a lot of matches against us so are those wins discounted?

ftbno1
25th July 2016, 10:16
Typical Indian mentality " Har jaane wale ko gaali. Har aane wale ki aav bhagat. "

ShoonyaSifar
25th July 2016, 10:40
Brilliant team effort. As Kohli said a perfect test match if there could ever be one, albeit against a weak opposition.

Kohli continues to take giant strides as a captain. 7 wins out of first 8 tests as a full time captain is a fantastic achievement. Even as a stand in skipper in Australia, he had shown he truly follows his "playing for results" , continues to strictly follow that. Tougher challenges will obviously test his captaincy and philosophy but that can wait. For now, awesome to watch a young test team under Kohli gradually becoming stronger.

Also, going by words of Ashwin and Kohli, Kumble has taken no time in gelling with the team and looks to be a very hands on coach. Good signs for the future.

#GreenRoars
25th July 2016, 10:45
Congo guys, job well done.

Stark
25th July 2016, 12:50
Good to see the match ending in India's favor, but the weak WI team and rear guard action by BnB leaves a sour taste.

Hopefully, they ll come hard in the next match, making the contest more interesting. Ashwin had a ball in this one.

Great, I watch till 1 AM to see India pick up the last 2 wickets, but lose hope 2 overs after the tea and call it a day. An over later, Pahelwaan Bishoo and Gabriel choose to collapse.

They prolly said ki asli spectator ne dekhna nahi hai ab, toh chalo bhai dafa karo.

On the account of this, Street Cricketer bhaiya.. KHABARDAAR jo agle match ka live telecast ek minute bhi dekha toh... :danish

street cricketer
25th July 2016, 12:53
They prolly said ki asli spectator ne dekhna nahi hai ab, toh chalo bhai dafa karo.

On the account of this, Street Cricketer bhaiya.. KHABARDAAR jo agle match ka live telecast ek minute bhi dekha toh... :danish

Translation please..:usman

#GreenRoars
25th July 2016, 13:10
Translation please..:usman

Means beware or Warning ;)

street cricketer
25th July 2016, 13:13
Means beware or Warning ;)

Ah okay!

Stark, I tried staying up late to watch but got very sleepy and brother Bishoo was frustrating the hell out of us.

One can only take so much.:narine