PDA

View Full Version : England v Pakistan | 3rd Test | Birmingham | Aug 3-7, 2016 | Pre-Match Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

super hitter
25th July 2016, 20:47
After a terrible performance in the second test; a lot of replacements are probably going to be made.

the probable replacements could be i.e

1)sami aslam for shan masood
2)Zulfiqar babar or imran khan for wahab riaz

but the ideal one's should be;

1)Sohail Khan for Rahat Ali
2)Sami Aslam for Shan Masood
3)M.Rizwan for M.Hafeez

As far as I think, rain stops the play in Birmingham quite often, and we need to go into the match with quite an attacking strategy to create a winning scenario.

srh
25th July 2016, 20:48
Jaahid Ali for Shan Masood

Adil Bhai
25th July 2016, 20:51
Sami Aslam for Shan if he performs in warm up
And Imran Khan for rahat

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

aukhan
25th July 2016, 20:54
Sami Aslam for Shan Masood.
Imran Khan for Wahab Riaz.

aliasad1998
25th July 2016, 20:54
Babar for Shan in the middle order with Azhar opening. Hasan Ali or Sohail Khan for Wahab/Rahat

LowKiiSavage
25th July 2016, 20:55
Babar for Shan in the middle order with Azhar opening. Hasan Ali or Sohail Khan for Wahab/Rahat

Babar. You and babar. :facepalm:

Would rather have Saud or Jahid.

Azrim_91
25th July 2016, 20:55
Shan Masood needs to be dropped and one of wahab/Rahat needs to be dropped.

Issue is, the replacements aren't going to be better and you wonder whether you should give this current team another go seeming they
have played 2 tests and getting use to the conditions

-=Umair=-
25th July 2016, 20:56
Sami Aslam, Iftikhar Ahmed, M.Rizwan, Imran Khan Should Be Selected Ahead Of Shan Masood, Azhar Ali, Sarfraz Ahmed And Rahat Ali Respectively

Kaka4pope
25th July 2016, 20:57
I'd probably opt for the below although its highly unlikely - Imran though, I don't understand some of the hesitancy...think he can do well.

Hafeez (if he can bowl)
Azhar
Shafiq
Younis
Babar
Misbah
Sarfraz
Yasir
Amir
Wahab
Imran

Theo_14
25th July 2016, 20:58
PCB don't have the guys to make major changes.

Shaheerthe2nd
25th July 2016, 21:01
Can't wait for Imran Khan to trundle in and deliver 125 kph thunderbolts

The_KING
25th July 2016, 21:04
Wahab, Rahat, Hafeez and Masood must be dropped.

Azrim_91
25th July 2016, 21:04

Don't forget him being played by root and cook like a park cricketer

160KPH
25th July 2016, 21:05
Asad Shafiq needs to be moved up the order, but where?

aliasad1998
25th July 2016, 21:05
Babar. You and babar. :facepalm:

Would rather have Saud or Jahid.

Im not the only one. Majority of the people who want someone from the A squad want Babar. Saud isnt ready ye though I rate him very highly.

ethan hunt
25th July 2016, 21:06
Shan masood , rahat ali and wahab riaz .
Bring in a batsman and two right arm seamers .

princeuk
25th July 2016, 21:07
Wahab completely over rated and at least one if not both openers need to be replaced but I can see them keeping hafeez especially if he passes his bowling test in the next few weeks.

Prince_
25th July 2016, 21:09
Shehzad is the only solution. Selectors can't just keep ignoring him. Give him enough chance and he'll eventually deliver.

LowKiiSavage
25th July 2016, 21:12
Im not the only one. Majority of the people who want someone from the A squad want Babar. Saud isnt ready ye though I rate him very highly.

Listen, ali. Babar cannot survive at opener position. He cannot handle the moving ball. Its better for him to stay in the middle order. As his fan, you should know this better. I like babar too but he is increasingly becoming the next umar akmal in hype terms. Its rather ironic that he is his cousin too.

Syed1
25th July 2016, 21:13
Replace the top four

Syed1
25th July 2016, 21:15
Make Hafeez pass his test and bat him at 6 or 7.

Azhar to open the innings with Sami Aslam, everybody else moves up one spot. Wahab Riaz given one final match. ****** Ali dropped for Sohail Khan/Hasan Ali (hopefully Inzi selects Hasan)

#GreenRoars
25th July 2016, 21:18

And to take 10fer :)

#GreenRoars
25th July 2016, 21:18
Abdullah719 , no change needed, right? :)))

MMHS
25th July 2016, 21:21
No change - you don't change your losing combination.

HitWicket
25th July 2016, 21:21
Ne interesting to see who England pick if Stokes is out injured. Mark Wood back into contention perhaps?

Prince of Pakistan
25th July 2016, 21:22

That sounded very Misbah like in a way :yk

Abdullah719
25th July 2016, 21:28
Abdullah719 , no change needed, right? :)))

Hain? Did I say that? :srt

Boi
25th July 2016, 22:22
Hafeez
Azhar
Asad
Younus
Misbah
Sami/Babar if he's added to the squad
Yasir
Amir
Wahab
Imran.

Syed1
25th July 2016, 22:23
Worse part is the other players in the squad are worse than the ones in the team :facepalm:

super hitter
25th July 2016, 22:42

man seriously, you've proved it that you have got a good cricket brain in you! was waiting for such a response cause I think that instead of retaining winning XI after winning, it is better to retain loosing XI after loosing and specially in a time like this where the conditions are pretty difficult to adapt with and you don't have good replacements,

however, on the other hand, I guess we are going to see a the rain interpreting the match cause this time its Birmingham and therefore I need some aggressive part to be played by our side.

hur rizvi
25th July 2016, 22:54
Sohail khan in for Rahat
Imran in for Wahab
Sami in for Hafeez
Rizwan in for Masood

and this is about time Asad moves to no. 3

Rizwan
Sami Aslam
Asad
Azhar
Younus
Misbah
Sarfraz
Amir
Yasir
Sohail khan
Imran Khan

hur rizvi
25th July 2016, 22:56
Make Hafeez pass his test and bat him at 6 or 7.

Azhar to open the innings with Sami Aslam, everybody else moves up one spot. Wahab Riaz given one final match. ****** Ali dropped for Sohail Khan/Hasan Ali (hopefully Inzi selects Hasan)

Even if hafeez passes test he wont be available for 3rd match. It starts in about 9 days and I think it takes 14 days to get the result

Pete Rose
25th July 2016, 22:58
They need fifth bowling option so Shan goes and Azhar moves up, iftikhar comes in place in middle order.
Ideally I want to throw out hafeez but that won't happen yet.
Move Asad up (hide younis somewhere else)
And only one of Wahab and Rahat to play.

FreePalestine
25th July 2016, 23:04
Ne interesting to see who England pick if Stokes is out injured. Mark Wood back into contention perhaps?

that would be an absolute nightmare pick for Pakistan. Wood + Woakes + Anderson + Broad. No chance.

sl-fan-of-pak
25th July 2016, 23:11
Given that Masood scored a "gutsy" 30 odd, I don't think he will be replaced. Hafeez made a good 40 odd, so no removing of him either. Younis Khan and Azhar Ali are the most likely. Then again, Younis will never be removed and Azhar Ali is Misbahs man, plus, he also comes with a part time leg spinning option. This would mean, the only change would be Imran Khan in for Rahat Ali or Wahab Riaz. If the pitch is rough, and helps reverse swing, Rahat will be replaced. If it doesn't, clearly Wahab.

But, in a utopia, assuming Mickey Arthur makes some radical decisions.

This is the likeliest,

1. Hafeez
2. Shan Masood
3. Asad Shafiq
4. Younis Khan
5. Misbah Ul Haq
6. Babar Azam
7. Sarfaraz Ahamed
8. Mohd Amir
9. Yasir Shah
10. Imran Khan
11. Wahab Riaz / Rahat Ali

Abdullah
25th July 2016, 23:12
Biggest mistake would be asad at 1 down.
One of Rahat n wahab needs to go and shan needs to go

asyed
25th July 2016, 23:16
I guess Shan would be making way for somebody, maybe Sami but rest wouldn't changed.

In bowling, perhaps Rahat/Wahab would make way for Imran/Sohail.

QalandarFan
25th July 2016, 23:22
If we can add players to the squad this would be my lineup
1. Hafeez
2. Jaahid Ali
3. Asad Shafiq
4. Younis Khan
5. Misbah Ul Haq (C)
6. Babar Azam/ Azhar Ali/ Saud Shakeel
7. Sarfraz Ahmed (WK)
8. Amir
9. Yasir Shah
10. Hasan Ali
11. Rahat Ali

I'm not sure who should be at the number 6 slot between Azhar, Babar, and Saud. Although this side would be much better than the one we played in this match. Jaahid Ali has scored a hundred against England Lions plus he has played the new ball really well in the tests than attacked against the old. Asad has to move up the order so he can go on to score big hundreds. I think Hasan Ali should be brought in because he can bat and is a very good bowler. So that's only 2/3 player changes along with a changed batting order which could make them a stronger team.

Markhor
25th July 2016, 23:25
As I said in the match report thread - we are carrying a number of players at the moment, namely Hafeez, Masood, Azhar who looks susceptible to full, inswinging deliveries, a 38 year old Younis Khan whose reflexes have slowed, and two sprayguns in Rahat and Wahab. You cannot win Test matches overseas when so many players are out of nick.

I also worry about the fact our two best batsmen - Misbah and Shafiq - are batting at 5 and 6. This makes the batting order too lopsided and makes these two come into a crisis every time. They can't keep bailing us out from 60-4.

Azhar should open as his tuk tukking will be more appropriate when blunting the new ball, Shafiq to 3, and Babar Azam should be called up from the A squad to bat at 6, with Shan Masood being dropped. Hopefully Hafeez can pass his bowling test as he can make a big difference as a 5th bowlers and will relieve the pressure on Yasir.

QalandarFan
25th July 2016, 23:25
I'm pretty sure everyone wants to see Asad up the order. I hope he goes up the order.

Cricketrenew
25th July 2016, 23:26
Younis Khan keeps giving his wicket away when he wants to play and concentrate he can so let down by him.

Rahat Ali if can't bowl wide of the crease should be dropped for Imran Khan....

Shan Masood is good for the future but needs to be dropped.......for Rizwan?
Hafeez for anybody else after his contributions so far.....unless he can bowl.

Players should be selected who give 100% in all situations so these are the changes I would make.

zoro
25th July 2016, 23:32
After a terrible performance in the second test; a lot of replacements are probably going to be made.

3)M.Rizwan for M.Hafeez

As far as I think, rain stops the play in Birmingham quite often, and we need to go into the match with quite an attacking strategy to create a winning scenario.

Apart from rahat, the players you named need to be replaced. Unfortunately, the replacements are just as bad or worse!
Also, azhar and younis need to be replaced but theres no more players in the squad to replace them with.
I fully expected this when i saw the squad, but people were too busy congratulating inzi for getting rid of shezzie and umar to realise what a rubbish squad inzi selected!

Mamoon
25th July 2016, 23:34
Another heavy defeat on the cards.

Amirforpresident
25th July 2016, 23:48
What are the conditions gonna be like in the next test match? Seaming? Swinging? Spinning? Reversing?

Boi
25th July 2016, 23:50
Edgbaston will be pretty flat. Hampshire scored 500+ there in the latest FC game.

Ahmed4472
25th July 2016, 23:54
Will Birmingham going to be green-top?

Amirforpresident
25th July 2016, 23:56
Thanks! I tought that I red sonewhere that it is going to be a Green top.

Amoeba
25th July 2016, 23:57
Couple of things to note. We have never won a test at Edgbaston. England rarely lose there recently against all comers.

It suits bowlers who kiss the surface so Imran and possibly Sohail are good choices.

yasir
26th July 2016, 00:14
So after 2 test Where we are?

Good

1. Yasir Shah helped us win the lord test, out of nowhere...

2. Misbah, despite 42 years old, has surpass my expectation. He has batted better than most...Giving two wickets to Moeen in 4 innings spoiled lot of good work done by old man though.

Bad

1. Amir's length and form. So much was expected from him, but he did not land the ball right. Half the series is gone, so far not seen a single Jaffa delivery from him...Wickets are not exactly seam/swing heaven, but he should have done much better... This series was billed after him, he is a no show thus far...

2. Rahat has bowled some good deliveries, but he bowls too many rubbish balls. Wahab was not able to do anything besides one spell...

Ugly

1. We never had openers, well since the dawn of Pakistan. But our number 3 and 4 never looked this ugly, one falls over on full length worse than no 11, other does skip dance, never seen before on cricket pitch :facepalm: Why Azhar is loosing his balance so badly?? - There is no swing or late movement, its just regular full length ball...

2. YK's skip dance: That was one of the most ugly thing to see on 1080P, with Dolby surround sound on my TV in ages, specially from a 50+ avg guy, the highest run getter from Pakistan. Is he doing that in nets as well?? - How long he has being doing that?? - His age is showing up is an understatement, you can be super-fit, but reflexes is another thing!!! - How to hide him is a big question.

With these top 4, there is no hope of us beating English School Team forget about their national team.

Changes

There are two matches before next test, its time to think about bringing Babar and Hasan Ali in test team, play them in two side matches and see if they can balance the team a bit.

There are few changes which are definite, Shaun has to go, no need of another opener, problem is we have selected much worse players on the bench...Ifthakar/Sami don't inspire anybody. Can you bring Babar and Hasan Ali from A team? - Not sure how realistic is that considering most of the failed batsmen are playing for long time...

Even with what we got the batting order should be:

1. Azhar
2. Hafeez
3. Shafiq/Babar
4. Misbah
5.Shafiq/Babar
6. YK
7. Sarfraz

Other big problem is playing with 4 bowlers, I am assuming Hafeez will be able to bowl in next match, With so many leftys, he can be handy somewhat...We are going to get some bowlers injured at this rate for sure :(

If Hasan cannot play, Imran should play in place of Rahat/Wahab(one of them will still play depending upon conditions, seem friendly(Rahat) or bounce and reverse(Wahab)...

WhenSultansBowled
26th July 2016, 00:27
I don't expect much changes. They might drop Masood but Hafeez'll keep his place.

Need to forget this defeat and focus on next game.

This series will be a huge learning curve for Yasir/Amir

Square Drive
26th July 2016, 00:29
Even if hafeez passes test he wont be available for 3rd match. It starts in about 9 days and I think it takes 14 days to get the result

Nah, I think you can rush and get the results in 7 days if need be.

Edgbaston will be pretty flat. Hampshire scored 500+ there in the latest FC game.

Yeh wali bhi flat he thi, waisay. :yk

Square Drive
26th July 2016, 00:31
Azhar
Hafeez
Rizwan/Iftikhar/Babar (if he's added)
Younis
Misbah (C)
Shafiq
Sarfraz (WK)
Yasir
Wahab
Amir
Imran

Rahat, Shan OUT for Imran, Rizwan/Iftikhar/Babar.

This is, if things stay the way they are even after the warmup game.

Syed1
26th July 2016, 00:31
Green top ho ya blue top humaray bowlers ne zaleel hi karwana hai..

Robert
26th July 2016, 01:01
I hope Warwickshire make a green mamba but I bet it will be another flattie.

Shaheerthe2nd
26th July 2016, 01:16
And to take 10fer :)

will heavily depend on the bowling conditions, I do back him to pick up wickets if the pitch is green or if there's cloud cover, but otherwise...

Flat_Track_Bully
26th July 2016, 01:17
Masood to be replaced by Sami Aslam.

Syed1
26th July 2016, 01:19
Still remember IK's toe crusher to Micheal Clarke. We didn't bowl a single yorker in this match.. :facepalm:

yasir
26th July 2016, 01:31
I hope Warwickshire make a green mamba but I bet it will be another flattie.

I hope we win the toss and make use of the conditions first, that can make it an interesting match. If we loose the toss, game will be over in two days like this one :((

Green or flat, using conditions first is only hope for men in green!!

sully3
26th July 2016, 01:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HPxptlBGG0

Get this guy in the team Asap. Especially if you want to get Root and Vince out cheaply

Syed1
26th July 2016, 01:41
^ dat seam placement though

Amoeba
26th July 2016, 02:07
Wonder how many kids still think Amir is the next Wasim?

Next George Best, next Ian Botham yadda yadda

sully3
26th July 2016, 02:14
^ dat seam placement though

IK is not a dumb bowler like Rahat, he doesn't give away any freebies and make you work to score runs.

He's a very good new ball bowler and puts a shift in to keep things tight when the ball gets old. Also if its reverses he becomes absolutely deadly because he has a world class yorker. Im shocked looking at his test match stats how Rahat and Wahab got in the team infront of Imran Khan who has been our start new ball bowler in the UAE for the last 2 years.

Why would you not play him in english conditions... such a strange decision

Mamoon
26th July 2016, 02:17
Wonder how many kids still think Amir is the next Wasim?

Next George Best, next Ian Botham yadda yadda

Well so far, we have seen every excuse under the sun to protect the golden boy.

English media dented his confidence, dropped catches dented his confidence, we don't have a leader in our attack who can guide him, playing three left-armers means the English batsmen are getting used to it and it is impacting Amir etc. etc. etc.

The Last Of The Stars
26th July 2016, 02:21

Good

2. Misbah, despite 42 years old, has surpass my expectation. He has batted better than most...Giving two wickets to Moeen in 4 innings spoiled lot of good work done by old man though.

Bad

1. Amir's length and form. So much was expected from him, but he did not land the ball right. Half the series is gone, so far not seen a single Jaffa delivery from him...Wickets are not exactly seam/swing heaven, but he should have done much better... This series was billed after him, he is a no show thus far...

2. Rahat has bowled some good deliveries, but he bowls too many rubbish balls. Wahab was not able to do anything besides one spell...

Ugly

1. We never had openers, well since the dawn of Pakistan. But our number 3 and 4 never looked this ugly, one falls over on full length worse than no 11, other does skip dance, never seen before on cricket pitch :facepalm: Why Azhar is loosing his balance so badly?? - There is no swing or late movement, its just regular full length ball...

2. YK's skip dance: That was one of the most ugly thing to see on 1080P, with Dolby surround sound on my TV in ages, specially from a 50+ avg guy, the highest run getter from Pakistan. Is he doing that in nets as well?? - How long he has being doing that?? - His age is showing up is an understatement, you can be super-fit, but reflexes is another thing!!! - How to hide him is a big question.

With these top 4, there is no hope of us beating English School Team forget about their national team.

Changes

There are two matches before next test, its time to think about bringing Babar and Hasan Ali in test team, play them in two side matches and see if they can balance the team a bit.

There are few changes which are definite, Shaun has to go, no need of another opener, problem is we have selected much worse players on the bench...Ifthakar/Sami don't inspire anybody. Can you bring Babar and Hasan Ali from A team? - Not sure how realistic is that considering most of the failed batsmen are playing for long time...

1. Azhar
2. Hafeez
3. Shafiq/Babar
4. Misbah
5.Shafiq/Babar
6. YK
7. Sarfraz

Other big problem is playing with 4 bowlers, I am assuming Hafeez will be able to bowl in next match, With so many leftys, he can be handy somewhat...We are going to get some bowlers injured at this rate for sure :(

If Hasan cannot play, Imran should play in place of Rahat/Wahab(one of them will still play depending upon conditions, seem friendly(Rahat) or bounce and reverse(Wahab)...
Rahat can't extract movement off the pitch.

sully3
26th July 2016, 02:25

English media dented his confidence, dropped catches dented his confidence, we don't have a leader in our attack who can guide him, playing three left-armers means the English batsmen are getting used to it and it is impacting Amir etc. etc. etc.

Don't have any excuses but to me to see him at his best again like he was in 2010 i think he needs a good season of hard test cricket under him to build up his strength, confidence, variety of balls etc by the end of january 2017 we will know alot more about Amir then we do now.

Zain Zaidi
26th July 2016, 02:28

Good

Bad

Ugly

Changes

1. Azhar
2. Hafeez
3. Shafiq/Babar
4. Misbah
5.Shafiq/Babar
6. YK
7. Sarfraz

Loooool??! No matter how much you want yk never ever gonna go to #6

ethan hunt
26th July 2016, 02:31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HPxptlBGG0

Get this guy in the team Asap. Especially if you want to get Root and Vince out cheaply
Ik's outswinger to dismiss Ian bell in the UAE is perhaps the best outswinger ever bowled with a new ball in the UAE Lol

Mamoon
26th July 2016, 02:39
Ik's outswinger to dismiss Ian bell in the UAE is perhaps the best outswinger ever bowled with a new ball in the UAE Lol

It was not an out-swinger; the ball hit the seam and shaped away from Bell. Swing is in the air and there was no movement in the air in that delivery, you can check the highlights.

Imran is not a swing bowler; he is a seam bowler in the mould of Umar Gul, but Gul was much better.

Salman CricBio
26th July 2016, 02:41

3)M.Rizwan for M.Hafeez

Wahab Riaz should not be dropped, anyway! He creates pressure with his pace. I would drop Rahat, instead, who bowls a bad bowl on the very next bowl after taking the wicket.

sully3
26th July 2016, 02:48

His dream ball so far has been that booming in swinger to Clarke in Abu Dhabi.Some saying it was a bowl of the century LOL

Whats strange is how IK went from being Misbahs main strike bowler for the last 2 years in UAE to him not even getting into the team on English pitches. Such a strange decision especially as his stats in Tests are far superior to all 5 fast bowlers in the squad.

HitWicket
26th July 2016, 02:49
Woakes on his home ground, could be interesting :farhat.

ethan hunt
26th July 2016, 02:54
It was not an out-swinger; the ball hit the seam and shaped away from Bell. Swing is in the air and there was no movement in the air in that delivery, you can check the highlights.

Imran is not a swing bowler; he is a seam bowler in the mould of Umar Gul, but Gul was much better.

Just a convenient term i use for the away going delivery even if it is a leg cutter.

That passage of play was hilarious though . Bell was fighting for his place and got the only delivery that moved in the UAE that year.

ethan hunt
26th July 2016, 02:58
His dream ball so far has been that booming in swinger to Clarke in Abu Dhabi.Some saying it was a bowl of the century LOL

Whats strange is how IK went from being Misbahs main strike bowler for the last 2 years in UAE to him not even getting into the team on English pitches. Such a strange decision especially as his stats in Tests are far superior to all 5 fast bowlers in the squad.

He may not be succesful but he bowls the best length with the new ball out of all the bowlers and keeps it in a channel unlike rahat .
I was surprised he failed in that warmup game.
Deserves a game just for his record though .
Poor guy didnt even get the newball in srilanka where misbah preferred ehsan and rahat .

Chief Destroyer
26th July 2016, 03:04
Expecting Pakistan to come back hard.

sully3
26th July 2016, 03:07
He may not be succesful but he bowls the best length with the new ball out of all the bowlers and keeps it in a channel unlike rahat .
I was surprised he failed in that warmup game.
Deserves a game just for his record though .
Poor guy didnt even get the newball in srilanka where misbah preferred ehsan and rahat .

Absolutely agree with you he does the basics very well, gives the captain control by bowling on the fifth wicket channel consistently. His seam movement with the new ball is enough for him to take a few wickets and when the ball reverses he's a better bowler then Wahab is because he has much better control, as you can tell by the yorkers he bowls. Also when the ball is old IK is a very good bowler to keep the pressure on batsman and keep things tight for Yasir and Amir to attack.

I was there as Sussex at the warm up match, he didn't do anything wrong and it was ideal conditions for batting. Very humid and the pitch was flat. The first warm up match was an absolute green top so Rahat got lucky and got his 4 wickets.

Jabo
26th July 2016, 03:11
Not sure if we'll see any changes in the batting order.

Imran in for Rahat/Wahab.

We are going to get wrecked.

kingusama92
26th July 2016, 03:45
Masood has to be dropped for Sami Aslam.

Imran Khan should be assessed in the warm up game. See how his form is. Might be time to drop Wahab.

yasir
26th July 2016, 03:46
Loooool??! No matter how much you want yk never ever gonna go to #6

I know, "kain which Ka hargh hai" [emoji56][emoji56][emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Square Drive
26th July 2016, 03:46
Masood has to be dropped for Sami Aslam.

Imran Khan should be assessed in the warm up game. See how his form is. Might be time to drop Wahab.

Why would you drop Wahab ahead of Rahat, though?

Abdullah719
26th July 2016, 03:54

He bowls at roughly the same pace Rahat operates at. At least he won't spray the ball around.

Azrim_91
26th July 2016, 03:57

It's such a big dilemma. Rahat offers swing both ways with the new ball. With the old ball he's hopeless. Wahab offers something with the old ball and is hopeless with the new ball. Both bowl 1 beauty per every 30 rank bad deliveries. Who should you drop to get Imran khan in who I dont think offers much with either new or old ball other than some seam movement but will bowl you around 9/10 on the money deliveries.

I guarantee you, Misbah is just sitting there with no idea in what to do. In England's case Woakes is moving it both ways with the new and old ball and hitting the good areas whereas the other england reserve bowlers were doing neither, so it was a simple decision to get him in.

decisions, decisions, decisions!

hadi123
26th July 2016, 03:58
We will bounce back boys! Sami Aslam in for Shan Masood and Imran Khan in for Rahat Ali

Azrim_91
26th July 2016, 04:00
my gut says we should just keep Rahat because he's more likely to take wickets than wahab, but I'm not to sure on Imran Khan's credentials with the old ball and bowling first change.

Square Drive
26th July 2016, 04:02
It's such a big dilemma. Rahat offers swing both ways with the new ball. With the old ball he's hopeless. Wahab offers something with the old ball and is hopeless with the new ball. Both bowl 1 beauty per every 30 rank bad deliveries. Who should you drop to get Imran khan in who I dont think offers much with either new or old ball other than some seam movement but will bowl you around 9/10 on the money deliveries.

I guarantee you, Misbah is just sitting there with no idea in what to do. In England's case Woakes is moving it both ways with the new and old ball and hitting the good areas whereas the other england reserve bowlers were doing neither, so it was a simple decision to get him in.

Then it comes down to attitude and batting skills, where Wahab comfortably trumps Rahat in both departments.

Azrim_91
26th July 2016, 04:06
Then it comes down to attitude and batting skills, where Wahab comfortably trumps Rahat in both departments.

Can someone tell me when Imran Khan last played and why he's not in the starting lineup? did Amir replace him? I.e. was it a matter off who performed the worst out of Imran, Wahab and Rahat in their last series?

There has to be a reason why he's not playing.

PS: we can discuss all we want, I think the only change we're going to get is Masood OUT, even that I wouldnt be surprised if they kept the same XI.

Square Drive
26th July 2016, 04:12
Can someone tell me when Imran Khan last played and why he's not in the starting lineup? did Amir replace him? I.e. was it a matter off who performed the worst out of Imran, Wahab and Rahat in their last series?

PS: we can discuss all we want, I think the only change we're going to get is Masood OUT, even that I wouldnt be surprised if they kept the same XI.

I too was expecting him to start in the 1st Test, but I think his poor performance vs Sussex in the warmup along with Rahat being relatively more experienced and more 'skilled' caused the management to go for him over Imran.

sully3
26th July 2016, 04:15

Where was this swing in this match because i didn't see it.

Imran Khans stats are much better then all the bowlers except Amir. Avg of 28 and sr 52 playing all his matches in sub content. He gives you control and does enough with the new ball to get you wickets upfront. Also when it reverses he's a much better bowler then Wahab because he has brilliant control as you can see by the yorkers he bowls.

Its strange how IK went from being Misbah main strike bowler in UAE for the past 2 years to not even getting in the team on English conditions. Surely he would be even more of a threat on these pitches then he is in UAE

kingusama92
26th July 2016, 04:18

Fair point. Depends on how much they trust Imran with the new ball.

In my eyes, he should be in for one of them.

sully3
26th July 2016, 04:24

Strange how they trusted IK (usually in a two man pace attack) in UAE pitches for the last 2 years but thought he wasn't good enough on these english flat tracks we got in the 2 tests so far.

Square Drive
26th July 2016, 04:53

Definitely.

Imran for Rahat seems to be the way to go.

Abdullah719
26th July 2016, 04:59

I think the reason that Imran Khan isn't playing is because he doesn't swing the ball, not much anyway.

Rahat swings the ball and it's imperative that we make breakthroughs with the new ball.

Wahab offers pace and bounce.

The problem is that neither of the two above have been able to maintain a consistent line and length. Knowing Misbah, this will be irking him. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the two make way for Imran Khan. Even if he doesn't provide jaffas, he will build pressure from an end, meaning the others can bowl in a more attacking manner.

The Last Of The Stars
26th July 2016, 05:06
My unrealistic XI;

Babar
Shafiq
Haris
Saud
Fawad *
Yamin
Rizwan +
Amad
Zafar
Imran
Wahab

Shaheerthe2nd
26th July 2016, 05:10
He bowls at roughly the same pace Rahat operates at. At least he won't spray the ball around.

Not saying the guy won't be successful. He needs to be if Pakistan are going to win. Hopefully he'll have some helpful bowling conditions to work with.

The Last Of The Stars
26th July 2016, 05:42
I think we should go with 4 fast bowlers and a specialist spinner. Wahab should bat at number 6. He can score runs if he plays positively.

Shan and Hafeez out, Imran and Sami in.

The Last Of The Stars
26th July 2016, 05:45
We should try this XI in the next warm up;

Sami
Azhar
Shafiq
Younus
Misbah *
Wahab
Sarfraz +
Yasir
Amir
Imran
Rahat

Suleiman
26th July 2016, 05:56
Babar
Sami
Shafiq
Rizwan
Misbu
Abdullah
Sarfraz
Yasir
Hasan
Amir
Rahat

Square Drive
26th July 2016, 06:36
Babar
Sami
Shafiq
Rizwan
Misbu
Abdullah
Sarfraz
Yasir
Hasan
Amir
Rahat

Abdullah? :)))

Abdullah719
26th July 2016, 06:39
Babar
Sami
Shafiq
Rizwan
Misbu
Abdullah
Sarfraz
Yasir
Hasan
Amir
Rahat

I'm flattered, thanks guys. Eagerly awaiting Inzi's call. :farhat

blackanhyellow
26th July 2016, 07:11
No team can win with a top order this inconsistent.

Hafeez and Masood are useless.

Not to mention we need another bowling option.

LegendAli
26th July 2016, 09:41
No team can win with a top order this inconsistent.

Hafeez and Masood are useless.

Not to mention we need another bowling option.

Hafeez and Massod are clueless but our supposed legendary #3 batsman in YK is flawless, right?

pasha404
26th July 2016, 10:28
Why no one mentions pathetic Sarfaraz can't keep or bat.
Sarfaraz out Riz in
Shan out Sami in
Azhar out Ifti in

Ellipsism
26th July 2016, 11:00
Shan out Sami in.
Wahab out Imran Khan in.
Should be playing bench batsman and 4 pace bowlers in the warm up.
Yasir should get a rest.

AlphaFighter
26th July 2016, 11:04
Based on the squad selected we will have to try the following combination for the next test

1) Hafeez
2) Azhar Ali
3) Asad Shafiq
4) Misbah ul Haq
5) Younis Khan
6) Iftikhar
7) Sarfaraz
8) Yasir Shah
9) Mohd Amir
10) Rahat or Wahab
11) Imran Khan

This combination will give you 5 bowling options and 6-7 batsman. This is the best 11 we can play now.

super hitter
26th July 2016, 11:33
Wahab Riaz should not be dropped, anyway! He creates pressure with his pace. I would drop Rahat, instead, who bowls a bad bowl on the very next bowl after taking the wicket.

I've not dropped him in the 'ideal replacements section' however it seems inevitable that he'll be dropped

super hitter
26th July 2016, 11:34
now people gonna laugh on me but don't we need Malik at no.7? in tests

Salman
26th July 2016, 12:03
now people gonna laugh on me but don't we need Malik at no.7? in tests

He is another passenger. I would like to see Zulfi Baba and Rizwan in the playing 11 in for Massod and Wahab.

Sherlock
26th July 2016, 16:04

I think it's about time now Masood is dropped and Rahat/Wahab are gone too.

I think not having a right-arm spinner/pacer really has dented our bowling strategy and someone has to go, and my money would be on Rahat.

The only reason I think Hafeez will stay is because judging by Arthur's comments about him, he'll likely be the front-runner for the opening spot, especially if he passes his bowling action test.

You can play Sami Aslam, but it'll be his first Test in conditions that are alien to him. Then you have Babar Azam or someone from the Pak A squad who could also join.

The final idea would be to open with Azhar Ali/Hafeez and bring in Babar in the middle order...

TalentSpotterPk
26th July 2016, 16:23
If the wicket is typical Edgbaston wicket than i will bring in Jaahid Ali for Shan.

If the wicket is like Lords or Old Trafford than I will bring in Sharjeel Khan and would give him license to play his natural game without being over agressive or over hyper. Because He can than disrupt line and length of Anderson & Woakes like Sarfraz did succeed in disturbing line, length & plot of Chris Woakes for 2-3 overs. Otherwise they are so accurate, miserly that they land ball after after in same spots and ask too many questions with that Swing and kick.

But on a Typical Edgbaston wicket where Broad & Anderson have their best bowling Averages & Strike Rates Jaahid Ali is the Man to go too ahead of Sami Aslam who is in squad.

Rahat needs to be shown the door bringing in Control of Imran Khan. If Wahab recovers fuly from Injury than too i will have a 50 % inclination only to select him on Edgbaston surface and We must bring Hasan Ali whose natural length is Good length or fuller length and He swings it away from right handers.

Pakistan can also drop Azhar Ali and bring in Amad Butt with Asad going at number 3, younis 4, Misbah 5, Sarfraz 6, Amad 7, Yasir 8, Amir 9, Hasan 10, Imran 11.

We play Test Series in England after 6 years so we should not shy away from wholesale changes to the squad. I hope Mickey Arthur dominates.

1. Jaahid/Sharjeel

2. Hafeez

3. Asad

4. Younis

5. Misbah

6. Sarfraz

7. Amad

8. Yasir

9. Amir

10. Hasan/Wahab

11. Imran

Or

1. Jaahid/Sharjeel

2. Hafeez

3. Azhar

4. Younis

5. Misbah

6. Asad

7. Sarfraz

8. Yasir

9. Amir

10. Hasan/Wahab

11. Imran.

Note : I hope I am proved wrong but Iftikhar Ahmed as an Allrounder which he isn't won't work. Neither this is UAE. Especially with the Ball and we need a fifth bowling Option which can take 1-3 wickets and provide control aswell.

Junaids
26th July 2016, 16:29
I would replace Shan Masood and Azhar Ali and Rahat Ali with Jaahid Ali, Babar Azam and Hasan Ali.

sully3
26th July 2016, 16:43
my gut says we should just keep Rahat because he's more likely to take wickets than wahab, but I'm not to sure on Imran Khan's credentials with the old ball and bowling first change.

What if i told you IK has the better bowling avg of 28.3 and sr of 52 better then Wahab, Rahat and Sohail Khan playing all his tests in sub content.

He always gets wickets with the new ball because he is an out and out seam bowler, but when the ball gets old he gives you a solid performance by putting 9 out of 10 balls on the money which gives you so much control for Yasir and Amir to attack on the other hand.
Also and most importantly IK becomes absolutely lethal when the ball reverses and even a better reverse bowler then Wahab because he has control. you can see the yorkers he balls.

I think its a no brainer you play IK on english pitches and he should have been the second choice fast bowler after Amir from the first test. Then you choose between Rahat and Wahab as the third seamer depending on conditions.

A bowling attack of Amir to get the booming swing, Imran Khan to exploit then new ball with seam movement and then to keep things tight by giving Misbah control, Wahab to come in to attack and to knock over the tail and Yasir makes a lot more of a complete bowling attack rather then having 3 left arm seamers all bowling same lengths, same angles and speeds making it a 3 day net session for the opposition batsman.

godzilla
26th July 2016, 17:00
they are not going to bring in A team players who beat a sub standard SL team and got pasted by the Lions. They'll go with the squad they have. Theres no point in having a squad if youre going to go outside of it. What they could have done is drafted the bench players into the A team for some practice, I suppose. But they didnt.

I get the impression Azher doesnt want to open, and given some here have been advocating looking at 2 games for the A team as some indication of bradman type strength, its probably worth remembering that azhar ali hit 101* and 145 in his warm up matches. ie two games/four innings against a weak team means nothing at all.

the problem is the last couple of years of crap selections by haroon. but given that cant be changed now, they will go with:

1. hafeez
2. son of a board member
3. azhar
4. saturday night fever
5. the king
6. 'technique' (whatever that means) when it doesnt matter
7. sarfraz
8. yasir
9. wahab
10. amir
11. imran

Canistani Hero
26th July 2016, 17:05
Imran Khan for Wahab Riaz and Mohammad Rizwan for Shan Masood. Push Azhar to open, Rizzu at 3.

Sherlock
26th July 2016, 17:58
Sharjeel isn't good enough for Tests at this moment in time.

I wouldn't include him at all, even if the pitch is low and slow.

Junaids
26th July 2016, 18:09

Imran Khan was dreadful in the warm-up match before the series. He was low on pace - reportedly around 128-132K - but was also struggling for both line and length.

Prince of Pakistan
26th July 2016, 18:18
If the wicket is typical Edgbaston wicket than i will bring in Jaahid Ali for Shan.

If the wicket is like Lords or Old Trafford than I will bring in Sharjeel Khan and would give him license to play his natural game without being over agressive or over hyper. Because He can than disrupt line and length of Anderson & Woakes like Sarfraz did succeed in disturbing line, length & plot of Chris Woakes for 2-3 overs. Otherwise they are so accurate, miserly that they land ball after after in same spots and ask too many questions with that Swing and kick.

But on a Typical Edgbaston wicket where Broad & Anderson have their best bowling Averages & Strike Rates Jaahid Ali is the Man to go too ahead of Sami Aslam who is in squad.

Rahat needs to be shown the door bringing in Control of Imran Khan. If Wahab recovers fuly from Injury than too i will have a 50 % inclination only to select him on Edgbaston surface and We must bring Hasan Ali whose natural length is Good length or fuller length and He swings it away from right handers.

Pakistan can also drop Azhar Ali and bring in Amad Butt with Asad going at number 3, younis 4, Misbah 5, Sarfraz 6, Amad 7, Yasir 8, Amir 9, Hasan 10, Imran 11.

We play Test Series in England after 6 years so we should not shy away from wholesale changes to the squad. I hope Mickey Arthur dominates.

1. Jaahid/Sharjeel

2. Hafeez

3. Asad

4. Younis

5. Misbah

6. Sarfraz

7. Amad

8. Yasir

9. Amir

10. Hasan/Wahab

11. Imran

Or

1. Jaahid/Sharjeel

2. Hafeez

3. Azhar

4. Younis

5. Misbah

6. Asad

7. Sarfraz

8. Yasir

9. Amir

10. Hasan/Wahab

11. Imran.

Note : I hope I am proved wrong but Iftikhar Ahmed as an Allrounder which he isn't won't work. Neither this is UAE. Especially with the Ball and we need a fifth bowling Option which can take 1-3 wickets and provide control aswell.

I really respect you, but Sharjeel? What will a legside hack do against intelligent bowlers like Anderson, Woakes and Broad?

Maybe against WI, Zim or BD. But a world class side like Eng will figure his leg side play in 3 balls without studying his videos.

Jabo
26th July 2016, 18:52
People suggest Sharjeel

Lmao

Poor future of Pakistan cricket

New Yorker
26th July 2016, 19:36
Shehzad is the only solution. Selectors can't just keep ignoring him. Give him enough chance and he'll eventually deliver.

No not at all. He is not more certain to do well outside the UAE, let alone Asia, than the youngsters. And it could do him good to have some competition. Always struck me as a complacent character.

pak.cricket
26th July 2016, 20:23
should pakistan management drop Shan Masood and play Rizwan at number 6 with Hafeez And Azhar opening ?

I think they should because he is surely better player than iftikhar and We cannot risk Sami Aslam

Syed1
26th July 2016, 20:24
If England play Adil Rashid then he won't last more than an over..

hur rizvi
26th July 2016, 20:29
If England play Adil Rashid then he won't last more than an over..

With stokes injured they can play rashid, but I doubt they will give another spinner to Pakistanis

hur rizvi
26th July 2016, 20:29
Wont mind at all. Azhar can open and Rizwan can bat at 6 with shafiq moving to 3

pak.cricket
26th July 2016, 20:34
I think shan should be dropped and he should play at number 6 because he is better than iftikhar and sami

Sent from my RHYTHM RX45 using Tapatalk

Slog
26th July 2016, 20:36
Buss kardey bhai

aliasad1998
26th July 2016, 20:37
Yes if not Babar then Rizwan. Move Azhar to open

Cpt. Rishwat
26th July 2016, 20:46
Rizwan is a decent bat by Pakistan standards. He's got a decent array of strokes and generally plays the ball on merit. Works the ball around for ones and twos as well. He should be in the team in my opinion.

Syed1
26th July 2016, 20:48
Rizwan would be a good addition to the slip cordon. Maybe we can get rid of one of Hafeez or Younis from there, both are awwal darjay ke ******

Mamoon
26th July 2016, 20:50
Rizwan has a loose off-side game, he's not ready for overseas Test cricket.

Will score 25-30 runs at a good rate with some crisp boundaries, but will eventually nick one when the bowls will bowl on the 4th stump channel.

Not much different to Hafeez and Sarfraz and does not improve the batting lineup in this series.

Slog
26th July 2016, 20:51
Rizwan is a decent bat by Pakistan standards. He's got a decent array of strokes and generally plays the ball on merit. Works the ball around for ones and twos as well. He should be in the team in my opinion.
Lolwut

Seriously what cricket do you guys watch

He will put an ideal catching practise clinic for England's slip cordon

Cpt. Rishwat
26th July 2016, 20:51
Rizwan has a loose off-side game, he's not ready for overseas Test cricket.

Will score 25-30 runs at a good rate with some crisp boundaries, but will eventually nick one when the bowls will bowl on the 4th stump channel.

Not much different to Hafeez and Sarfraz and does not improve the batting lineup in this series.

He'd improve the batting line up just by replacing Shan, or even arguably Younus.

Mamoon
26th July 2016, 20:54
He'd improve the batting line up just by replacing Shan, or even arguably Younus.

Roughly the same volume of runs at a better SR, won't call that improvement.

Cpt. Rishwat
26th July 2016, 20:54
Lolwut

I don't watch a lot of domestic cricket, but just about all Pakistan batsmen are rubbish outside the off stump so not sure that's a valid reason to dismiss anyone.

Bouncer
26th July 2016, 20:57

He may be better than Sarfraz who throws his wicket away in brain farts.

He has done that on so many times in tests that it is just ridiculous on how carelessly he throws away and un does all of the good work.

The Last Of The Stars
26th July 2016, 20:59
Wahab at 6 will be a good option. We need to go with 5 bowlers.

The Last Of The Stars
26th July 2016, 21:00
Lolwut

Why you seem jealous?

The Last Of The Stars
26th July 2016, 21:04
Imran Khan was dreadful in the warm-up match before the series. He was low on pace - reportedly around 128-132K - but was also struggling for both line and length.
He came back well, was on a hat trick, your grudge against him won't go away.

The Last Of The Stars
26th July 2016, 21:05
Rizwan shouldn't play as a batsman, although he has the potential, but not on this tour.

dauntless
26th July 2016, 21:22
Play rizwan instead of shan make azhar open the innings anyway there is no much difference between opening and no.3

pak.cricket
26th July 2016, 21:24
Buss kardey bhai
if not him than who should replace shan? Tell me

JibranAnsari
26th July 2016, 21:47
Sami
Hafeez
Azhar
Yk
Misbah
Asad
Sarfraz
Yasir
Amir
Rahat
Imran

LowKiiSavage
26th July 2016, 21:50
Buss kardey bhai

:)) As Azhar is failing, give rizwan a chance.

Dont see the A squad players getting called up thats why.

Flat_Track_Bully
26th July 2016, 22:20
Problem is bench players are even worse :91:

Jabo
26th July 2016, 22:36
They seem to be thinking Hafeez will pass the test so his bowling action is legal, so I think they are going to keep him unfortunately.

Only change will be Imran in for Rahat or Wahab

So expect another *** kicking

Flat_Track_Bully
26th July 2016, 22:38
They seem to be thinking Hafeez will pass the test so his bowling action is legal, so I think they are going to keep him unfortunately.

How will him passing the bowling test make his batting better? What guarantees are there that his bowling won't become mediocre like Ajmal?

Hafeez has far too much influence in the squad for such a mediocre player. This is why our cricket has gone downhill.

Adijazz1706
26th July 2016, 22:40
Assuming the pitch is flat, Misbah needs to win the toss and bat first. That's half the job done, like in the UAE batting first on fllat tracks is usually an advantage.

Jabo
26th July 2016, 23:43
How will him passing the bowling test make his batting better? What guarantees are there that his bowling won't become mediocre like Ajmal?

Hafeez has far too much influence in the squad for such a mediocre player. This is why our cricket has gone downhill.

I agree

Square Drive
27th July 2016, 00:17
Though I am a huge Rizwan fan, I really don't think he should play Tests at the moment, especially ahead of the likes of Babar.

He should first cement his position in LOIs.

Slog
27th July 2016, 00:36
:)) As Azhar is failing, give rizwan a chance.

Dont see the A squad players getting called up thats why.

Why not?

It's a golden opportunity to be able to call up A team players who are already acclimatised to the conditions. Almost unheard of. If they weren't already in England it would've made sense as no way could they just get used to conditions on a late call up

Slog
27th July 2016, 00:37
if not him than who should replace shan? Tell me

See how Sami Aslam goes in the practise match this week

Also we can move Azhar up and play Babar somewhere in the middle or lower middle order

Slog
27th July 2016, 00:37
Let's be honest Azhar can't be dropped for next match because he has a very good prior record atm regardless of it being in UAE and his form

Azrim_91
27th July 2016, 01:44
I agree with a few that the bench is even worse than than XI that played the last match. To top it off the A squad are just not ready for top test level cricket so suggesting them to be drafted it and slotted in is just not going to happen and an outrageous thought.

Having said this, I do think the best option for Pakistan would be to drop Masood and play Iftikhar at 6. The only reason I say this is because he'll probably score you the same runs as Masood but will give you another bowling option if needed. Having said that, Azhar will have to open and shafiq at number 3 will mean a too much of a drastic change in the middle of series.

Having said that, I'm sure the only feasible option is Sami aslam for Masood and hoping Hafeez can bowl. + the IK inclusion for one of wahab/Rahat

PakHammer
27th July 2016, 02:33
Based on the squad selected we will have to try the following combination for the next test

1) Hafeez
2) Azhar Ali
3) Asad Shafiq
4) Misbah ul Haq
5) Younis Khan
6) Iftikhar
7) Sarfaraz
8) Yasir Shah
9) Mohd Amir
10) Rahat or Wahab
11) Imran Khan

This combination will give you 5 bowling options and 6-7 batsman. This is the best 11 we can play now.

This team is the best possible for the next test with the squad available. I would put in Sohail Khan in for Wahab. We need England to think something different. Now they are very confident and do not rate our bowling attack after blunting Yasir. The likes of Sohail, Imran and the part time spin of Iftikar may just surprise them. Wahab could come back for the Oval where the pitch will suit him more. If somehow, Hafeez's bowling action is cleared before the next test, then Pakistan will be back in business I am sure.

Abdullah
27th July 2016, 03:37

Quite flat pitches, test match fitness.
There is a lot there if u want make an unbiased assessment

imshally81
27th July 2016, 11:45
Any update on M Hafeez Bowling Test ??????

super hitter
27th July 2016, 14:22
Wahab at 6 will be a good option. We need to go with 5 bowlers.

no way is that a good option, we need more batsmen in, lack of allrounders!

Robert
28th July 2016, 02:39

English media dented his confidence, dropped catches dented his confidence, we don't have a leader in our attack who can guide him, playing three left-armers means the English batsmen are getting used to it and it is impacting Amir etc. etc. etc.Support him, don't knock him. He has been out of the game for years. He'll be world class soon.

Sherlock
28th July 2016, 03:09
I might be going to the 2nd or 3rd day, as I may have a couple of days off :D

Pete Rose
28th July 2016, 03:37
Same team

Hasan123
28th July 2016, 03:45
they are not going to bring in A team players who beat a sub standard SL team and got pasted by the Lions. They'll go with the squad they have. Theres no point in having a squad if youre going to go outside of it. What they could have done is drafted the bench players into the A team for some practice, I suppose. But they didnt.

I get the impression Azher doesnt want to open, and given some here have been advocating looking at 2 games for the A team as some indication of bradman type strength, its probably worth remembering that azhar ali hit 101* and 145 in his warm up matches. ie two games/four innings against a weak team means nothing at all.

the problem is the last couple of years of crap selections by haroon. but given that cant be changed now, they will go with:

1. hafeez
2. son of a board member
3. azhar
4. saturday night fever
5. the king
6. 'technique' (whatever that means) when it doesnt matter
7. sarfraz
8. yasir
9. wahab
10. amir
11. imran

Saturday night dancer :))). That genuinely made me LOL. Someone called him a banghra dancer, someone said he is playing hopscotch. These lines are hilarious do describe Younis actually feel sorry for him.

Hasan123
28th July 2016, 03:47
Azhar shouldn't be dropped. Put him at the top of the order. All he has to do is survive over 60balls and he done his job

aliasad1998
28th July 2016, 03:48
Azhar shouldn't be dropped. Put him at the top of the order. All he has to do is survive over 60balls and he done his job

Exactly make him open

Hasan123
28th July 2016, 03:51
Exactly make him open

Asad at 3 and Babar at 6. Is there any news if players from the A tour will be drafted in

aliasad1998
28th July 2016, 04:48
Asad at 3 and Babar at 6. Is there any news if players from the A tour will be drafted in

Probably wont happen so Id just play Rizwan at 6 since Shan is definitely not getting the next game

Junaids
28th July 2016, 05:25
Probably wont happen so Id just play Rizwan at 6 since Shan is definitely not getting the next game
The problem is that you expose Azhar Ali to opening against the new ball when he is averaging 9.75.

If you want to leave players in positions in which they are relatively comfortable, drop Shan Masood and Azhar Ali and replace them with Jaahid Ali and Babar Azam at 1 and 3.

I understand that Shan Masood's dad is on the PCB governing board and that the selectors are keen to please him. (I'm not accusing him of demanding his son's inclusion, not for a moment).

But how does exposing the poor fellow to ridicule as his technique and mind unravel ever further help either the player or his father? I would want my son spared from such humiliation.

So the unwritten imperatives for selecting Shan Masood probably don't apply currently.

And I am not accusing the player or his father of the slightest impropriety.

Hasan123
28th July 2016, 05:29
The problem is that you expose Azhar Ali to opening against the new ball when he is averaging 9.75.

If you want to leave players in positions in which they are relatively comfortable, drop Shan Masood and Azhar Ali and replace them with Jaahid Ali and Babar Azam at 1 and 3.

I understand that Shan Masood's dad is on the PCB governing board and that the selectors are keen to please him. (I'm not accusing him of demanding his son's inclusion, not for a moment).

But how does exposing the poor fellow to ridicule as his technique and mind unravel ever further help either the player or his father? I would want my son spared from such humiliation.

So the unwritten imperatives for selecting Shan Masood probably don't apply currently.

And I am not accusing the player or his father of the slightest impropriety.

Azhar should keep his place. He has scored runs in England against Broad and Anderson

Hasan123
28th July 2016, 05:30

Rizwan gets too excited at the crease for my liking. But if it gets rid of Shan I would take it.

abughio
28th July 2016, 06:02

1. Jaahid/Sharjeel

2. Hafeez

3. Asad

4. Younis

5. Misbah

6. Sarfraz

7. Amad

8. Yasir

9. Amir

10. Hasan/Wahab

11. Imran

Or

1. Jaahid/Sharjeel

2. Hafeez

3. Azhar

4. Younis

5. Misbah

6. Asad

7. Sarfraz

8. Yasir

9. Amir

10. Hasan/Wahab

11. Imran.

hello.. nice recommendations... but few points..

we can make or break series with this test.. we cannot call on rookies.. experience has slightly more chance than just calling some1 from A team performances where batsmen or bowlers are less competitive(refer azhars performance in practice matches)

Plus, asad is so pleasing to eye that we think he can play at any position but main issue is he has his role in his mind we cannot change it.. he is not mentally strong cricketer.. i dont think he trust himself that much to change his position in mid of such a difficult series. plus he haven't played many big innings ( I understand his number doesn't allow) but if we observe his innings he lacks the big inning tempo. we can risk changing his number in westindies series.. not before..

thanks

TalentSpotterPk
28th July 2016, 06:09
hello.. nice recommendations... but few points..

we can make or break series with this test.. we cannot call on rookies.. experience has slightly more chance than just calling some1 from A team performances where batsmen or bowlers are less competitive(refer azhars performance in practice matches)

Plus, asad is so pleasing to eye that we think he can play at any position but main issue is he has his role in his mind we cannot change it.. he is not mentally strong cricketer.. i dont think he trust himself that much to change his position in mid of such a difficult series. plus he haven't played many big innings ( I understand his number doesn't allow) but if we observe his innings he lacks the big inning tempo. we can risk changing his number in westindies series.. not before..

thanks
Pakistan A games were more competitive than the games Pakiatan played against 2nd and 3rd string county sides against rookie fc players.

If you want experienced players than Pray and Pray and hope from out of the moon brilliant matchwinning performances from some to win you a match otherwise the way we lost last test was absolutely 1 sided from day 2 to day 4.

We must bring Amad, Jahid, Hasan, Babar, Sharjeel & Mir from A squad and play them against Worcestershire and than pick top Performers amongst them.

We cannot go with 4 bowlers or 5th bowler being iftikhar. We need 4 genuine pacers and 1 spinner.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

TalentSpotterPk
28th July 2016, 06:12
35 Averaging Fc Player for 34 Averaging Fc Player.

Clapping for All of You.

TalentSpotterPk
28th July 2016, 06:18
In his first 5 Fc seasons Damien Martyn had 6 Fc hundreds and he averaged 64.30.

In his first 2 Fc seasons Rickey Ponting had 6 Fc hundreds and he averaged 49.

In his first 5 Fc seasons Babar Azam has 2 Fc hundreds at an Average of 39.

Ahson8
28th July 2016, 06:31
1) Saud Shakeel
2) Mohammad Hafeez
3) Babar Azam
4) Younis Khan
5) Misbah ul Haq (c)
6) Asad Shafiq
7) Sarfraz / Rizwan (wk)
8) Hasan Ali
9) Yasir Shah
10) Mohammad Amir
11) Mir Hamza.

The Last Of The Stars
28th July 2016, 06:33
When is the next Test, by the way?

blackanhyellow
28th July 2016, 06:47
Hafeez and Massod are clueless but our supposed legendary #3 batsman in YK is flawless, right?

Yk is not our number 3, Azhar ali is.

But you are right in that Azhar ali and YK have been quite useless as well.

The Last Of The Stars
28th July 2016, 07:11
How can you even think of dropping Shan? He is the most fluent in English language, no chance of him getting dropped.

srh
28th July 2016, 09:38
Misbah would rather not making any change in the current 11. But he might be forced to make change by heavyweights Inzi and Micky.

#GreenRoars
28th July 2016, 11:14
Sometimes it's funny to see that how people mention e.t.c players from A team and they say that those players will be playing next Test, should be playing e.t.c

And in reality we all know, it's just a fantasy, not going to happen. And SHOULD not happen.

You have selected the team, now let this team to do their job.

tauseef_mahmood
28th July 2016, 14:47
Sami Aslam ...... because he is also familiar with eng conditions. Might have a better technique and also plays spin well.

We need a right hand bowler ...... so one of wahab and rahat need to be replaced. However, i would say wahab can create bounce and pace and would be useful in edgbaston. Rahat and imran are similar bowler, just different angle.

Sarfraz is dropping catches, not batting well. We can try rizwan, but highly unlikely.

Amjid Javed
28th July 2016, 14:55
Edgbaston is never a green top wicket, but it does always help the seamers like broad who just touch the surface of the pitch when bowling, bowlers who bowl back of a length naturally or hit the pitch hard will struggle here. Sohail Khan and Imran Khan would be better choices then Wahab and Rahat for this game.

Amjid Javed
28th July 2016, 15:00
Azhar should keep his place. He has scored runs in England against Broad and Anderson

Apart from a score of 92 at the oval batting at number 6 on last tour at the oval, Azhar has been rubbish with the bat most of last tour and on this one so far as well and if he fails again he should be dropped!

chacha kashmiri
28th July 2016, 15:42
Apart from a score of 92 at the oval batting at number 6 on last tour at the oval, Azhar has been rubbish with the bat most of last tour and on this one so far as well and if he fails again he should be dropped!

England obviously have a plan for him which has been executed well, babar is the obvious replacement with Asad shafiq promoted

Amjid Javed
28th July 2016, 16:26
England obviously have a plan for him which has been executed well, babar is the obvious replacement with Asad shafiq promoted

If Babar comes into the side he should be slotted in at number 6 and should learn to play their and as he gets better can move up the order into other batting positions as years go on.

sully3
28th July 2016, 17:14
Again and Again with the A team players. Why are people being so thick on here

NO player that is not in 16 member squad will play any Tests unless there is an injury and they are drafted in.

This whole thread has become a farce and no knowledgable discussion can take place when in every posts people and mentioning players from the A team. The A team squad are their to play the Lions and Sri Lanka they have nothing to do with the test series

godzilla
28th July 2016, 17:26
Again and Again with the A team players. Why are people being so thick on here

NO player that is not in 16 member squad will play any Tests unless there is an injury and they are drafted in.

This whole thread has become a farce and no knowledgable discussion can take place when in every posts people and mentioning players from the A team. The A team squad are their to play the Lions and Sri Lanka they have nothing to do with the test series

well said and absolutely right. good luck in getting that message across though. apparently three innings against an under 12 sri lankan A team is proof of being the reincarnation of bradman.

Syed1
28th July 2016, 18:05
well said and absolutely right. good luck in getting that message across though. apparently three innings against an under 12 sri lankan A team is proof of being the reincarnation of bradman.

I didn't know Sri Lanka was using under 12 kids for their test and LOI sides, because the A team comprised a good number of those players.

Hasan123
28th July 2016, 21:51

It doesn't matter what number he scorer the score shows he can score in England if he can get it right.

Rafay Shafiq
29th July 2016, 00:44
When there is a difference in quality and one team is relevant underdog, surprise tactic is one way to go to beat favourite.

Why don't Pakistan go with Zulfiqar Babar? He may able to beat England inexperience batsmen and can do long spells as Pakistan lacking 5th option

Abdullah
29th July 2016, 01:07
Babar
Sami
Shafiq
Rizwan
Misbu
Abdullah
Sarfraz
Yasir
Hasan
Amir
Rahat

I'm flattered, thanks guys. Eagerly awaiting Inzi's call. :farhat

He is talking about moi!!! ;)

Abdullah
29th July 2016, 02:07
One thing that I would avoid is changing things that have worked. We don't need to change things that r not broken. Moving shafiq from 6 is something that is risky.
For eg, At the moment we know that azhar is struggling at number 3, n we r not sure how he will go. Shafiq at 6 we know will go ok.

Now if we promote shafiq to 3 and openers gets out then shafiq could be in I the first 10 minutes. This is totally different challenge with Fresh ball and fresher bowlers. So we would have a further unknown, it we don't know how shafiq will go and we also don't know how the number 6 (rizwan/iftikhari ) will go.
2 much risk.
So we stick with azhar at 3 and hope he goes well. We can't just expect guys to come in and debut and do better than azhar younis etc. Masood maybe a different story coz of mental block but u can afford 1 change. Not 4 like being suggested abovr

Chief Destroyer
29th July 2016, 03:10
Nothing is changing. Expect the same team. Misbah ftw. :misbah

Moiza
29th July 2016, 09:05
On a scale of 1 to 10 how bad of an idea would be to open with sarfraz? 10 is the worst. His walking down the pitch might even get us through the new ball. Either way you can't really perform worse than our openers have on foreign tours. In his current position although he's gifting his wicket away but he looks comfortable unlike many players atm but he very soon ends up with the tail which obviously results in a false shot.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

yasir
29th July 2016, 10:05
One thing that I would avoid is changing things that have worked. We don't need to change things that r not broken. Moving shafiq from 6 is something that is risky.
For eg, At the moment we know that azhar is struggling at number 3, n we r not sure how he will go. Shafiq at 6 we know will go ok.

Now if we promote shafiq to 3 and openers gets out then shafiq could be in I the first 10 minutes. This is totally different challenge with Fresh ball and fresher bowlers. So we would have a further unknown, it we don't know how shafiq will go and we also don't know how the number 6 (rizwan/iftikhari ) will go.
2 much risk.
So we stick with azhar at 3 and hope he goes well. We can't just expect guys to come in and debut and do better than azhar younis etc. Masood maybe a different story coz of mental block but u can afford 1 change. Not 4 like being suggested abovr

Hafeez, Azhar,YK, Misbah and Shafiq all have 40+ test experience on there respective positions, it's hard to change that after one big loss. Disappointing thing is they all got starts and where not able to score big(barring Shafiq, who is the only batsman looked comfortable. Misbah played well considering his age), forget about scoring big they did not looked ready for this level, that's what crushed heart of fans. Something very similar happens to most English batsmen when they visited UAE in last two tours. Wicket was batting track from English standards.

Personal changes are not easy, they are not rookie, some are veteran others are players suppose to carry the team for next 5/7 years.

Bringing kids from A team is also wishful thinking, only Shan will be dropped and Sami will come in. Rest of the batting order will remain same. Whatever changes happen will be for next tour.

Question is can Hafeez, Azhar and YK show some character and prove critics wrong?

Zain Zaidi
29th July 2016, 16:27
Title.

Imo adding an extra batsman/all-rounder isnot worth it because mostly he just chokes at pressure situations so playing an extra seamer will provide other bowlers some rest and more variety to attack.

What do you guys think?

Junaids
29th July 2016, 16:38
Agree 100%

Moiza
29th July 2016, 17:12
Personally I don't agree with this. Let me explain, yasir is definitely going to bowl one end from 20 to 80 overs, maybe he's taken off for 5 odd overs but not more than that so I think 3 seamers should be enough to rotate on the other end. Although 4 seamers are tempting but given the pressure our batting will be under if a batsman is reduced they'll crumble faster than ever.

Its about time our seamers step up their game. The only seamer who has been par is amir and been he could be much better. Wahab aur rahat ko tou rehnay hee dou

Moiza
29th July 2016, 17:15
* 4 seamers

Sidilicious
29th July 2016, 17:29
You are better of playing 3 seamers - but not all left armers as you currently do.

RamLakhan
29th July 2016, 17:34
Pakistan are not producing enough quality fast bowlers as they used to in the past! They are only effective with collective support from spinners & sedate batsmen. Pakistan will remain just a competitive Test team as of now (if they have to go back to their strong/dominating days, they have to produce Wasim, Waqar kind of bowlers and mentally strong batsmen like Miandad, though its quite possible in future)

fawad_wellwisher
29th July 2016, 17:42
If the logic is to drop Shan because he is a walking wicket then yes it makes sense to play 5 bowlers.

JibranAnsari
29th July 2016, 18:09
Play five seamers and two spinners

shan , hafeez and azhar arent scoring anyway.

Younis khan
Misbah
Asad
Sarfraz
Zulfikar
Yasir
amir
wahab
'rahat
imran
sohail

ask_analyse_act
29th July 2016, 18:45
If the logic is to drop Shan because he is a walking wicket then yes it makes sense to play 5 bowlers.

too much hate for shaan in this forum... azhar and younis get away in the limelight.. shaan playing his first english summer, where azhar and younis more experienced than misbah even but their contribution is equal to nothing... they scored centuries against kiddies from counties with their awful technique and looked like a dishwasher playing cricket against the english pace attack... IMO can drop azhar and play z.babar in his place will score more than him...so far wahab and yasir have scored more azhar in this series..

srh
29th July 2016, 18:47
Title.

Imo adding an extra batsman/all-rounder isnot worth it because mostly he just chokes at pressure situations so playing an extra seamer will provide other bowlers some rest and more variety to attack.

What do you guys think?

Pakistan has to play 5 regular bowlers. It can be either 4 seamers + 1 spinner or 3 seamers + 2 spinners depending on the wicket. But has to be 5 bowlers.

tauseef_mahmood
29th July 2016, 19:20
If the next test was in Oval, I wouldnt mind Misbah playing the same team, as it is a batting track. But edgbaston is looking like a graveyard for our batsmen. and that is why .... playing the combination is not a good strategy. and also, it doesnt matter if we bat first or second, as it will be equally difficult. we need to change something.

fawad_wellwisher
29th July 2016, 21:12
too much hate for shaan in this forum... azhar and younis get away in the limelight.. shaan playing his first english summer, where azhar and younis more experienced than misbah even but their contribution is equal to nothing... they scored centuries against kiddies from counties with their awful technique and looked like a dishwasher playing cricket against the english pace attack... IMO can drop azhar and play z.babar in his place will score more than him...so far wahab and yasir have scored more azhar in this series..

Shan is in the team because of his connections which puts him under the microscope as far as I am concerned.

The_Odd_One
29th July 2016, 21:26
1. Hafeez
2. Azhar
3. Iftikhar
4. Misbah
5. Younis
6. Asad
7. Sarfraz
8. Sohail
9. Yasir
10. Aamir
11. Imran

Boom boom legend
29th July 2016, 21:58
Hafeez
Azhar
Shafiq
Azam
Misbah
Sarfaraz
Iftikhar
Imran
Sohail
Yasir
Amir

I would love to see this team at Edgbaston. Azhar can open with Hafeez and its time for Asad to move up now. I feel he is our best batsmen and is being wasted at 6. If he can come in when situation is 40+ for 1 he can then take over and lead us to a much higher score rather than losing quick wickets with a weak middle order.
Would want Babar to replace Younis who has been a legend but unfortunately is not suited to these conditions at this age.
Also moving Sarfraz up he can take on more responsibility. He is a wonderful batsmen but at 7 can get complacent as usually bats with tail and thinks he needs to score too quick which leads to dismissal.
Also we would have all rounders which we definitely need. This lineup would allow us to bat all the way down which with Amir at 11 and allows us to get at least an extra 50 or so runs.
In bowling department we would have Amir, Sohail, Imran, Iftikhar, Yasir and maybe even Hafeez which would be a huge attack with many options if things are not going well.

Of course this is probably impossible and team will have very few changes but i am confident we will win no matter which 11 is selected.

Moiza
29th July 2016, 22:04
This is shan masoods first time so people shouldn't be that harsh. If I remember correctly our opener namely Farhat and hameed failed more miserably than him. However it would be unfair to him if he gets swapped with sami.

What bothers me if that how can you even think about opening with hafeez when the whole country clearly saw how good he was against the new ball on good pitches in the south Africa series. Not a fan of azhar but sending him to open wouldn't be a more bad option than opting for hafeez. Hafeez is more suited lower down where he will be more comfortable

Moiza
29th July 2016, 22:05
On a scale of 1 to 10 how bad of an idea would be to open with sarfraz? 10 is the worst. His walking down the pitch might even get us through the new ball. Either way you can't really perform worse than our openers have on foreign tours. In his current position although he's gifting his wicket away but he looks comfortable unlike many players atm but he very soon ends up with the tail which obviously results in a false shot.

Bump

Boom boom legend
29th July 2016, 22:32
Bump

Actually wouldn't be a bad idea. Sarfraz could unsettle Andersons rhythm at the start with his constant movement and scoring ability. Would make a change from current openers who are not looking to score and are just waiting to survive the spell. This is a bad idea as not only does it build pressure but also sooner or later they will edge one to slip. I feel as an opener you have to impose yourself on the bowler just like the bowler tries to impose himself to batsmen. Unsettle them, attack them or frustrate them by leaving the ball rather than sticking a lazy bat out.

With Hafeez he is also able to score quick so would actually not be a bad shout down the order. Plays some elegant shots but struggles with moving ball so would do better when ball gets older. Also if he can ball again he can be put in a natural all rounders position which would be at 7 and team would look more balanced.

ask_analyse_act
29th July 2016, 23:56
Shan is in the team because of his connections which puts him under the microscope as far as I am concerned.

But his performance is better than the experienced Azhar Ali and nearly equally good as Younus. Younus to come at 4 and lose his wicket so cheaply,Shaan survived the early swing on few occasions.

Square Drive
30th July 2016, 09:17
According to my sources, changes are very unlikely, unless Sohail/Imran do something extraordinary tomorrow.

Masood gets another shot.

Hawkeye
30th July 2016, 09:48
Knowing Misbah and his ****** selections, the team will "remain unchanged" barring one bowler.

And I'm laughing at all the wild suggestions above to bring X Y Z unknown player, as he's the savior.

Folks here haven't even seen those players play.

Nikhil_cric
30th July 2016, 10:06
Don't think Pakistan have a chance even if supposedly gun players from the A team make it to the pakistan XI. The XI that played last match was the best XI available and if they can't win at Edgbaston im not sure any Pakistani XI can.

super hitter
30th July 2016, 12:47
SOME suggestions for the PCB’s think tank for picking up the cudgels, to enable our cricketers touring England, to rise again and put up a renewed fight during the remaining matches of the series.

The entire responsibility of Yaser Shah’s abysmal performance in the 2nd Test (1/266) rests on Mr. Mushtaq Ahmad, and no one else.

However, legendary spinner Dr. Intikhab Alam, was also sitting there and he should have guided Yaser Shah to how to bowl at the English batsmen, who changed their technique from lords, as stated by their captain:
“Watching Yasir from Lord’s, he got a lot of lbws and bowled so we played him a little straighter and it worked,” said Cook.

More than the players, it was a complete failure of the entire Pakistani nincompoop coaching staff and the tour management committee, who just sat on the laurels of the Lords victory and failed to devise any strategy for the second Test match and entered the game without ANY plan, except not to do any push ups again.

In cricket, every new game is an entirely different battle of wits. Gone are days when winning combinations were not disturbed. The biggest failure of most important members of the Pakistani touring side viz., Micky Arthur and Misbah ul Haq, was when they ignored our glaring weaknesses of the first Test and entered into the second match on the hype of the Lords victory push-ups.

Further, from day one, Amir was bowling at a reduced speed in the second Test and by the end he had to go off the field. If this man was not fit, he should never have been wasted in the second Test match.
The secrets of success lies not in the push-ups, but in staying ahead of your competitor, by future gazing, knowing your and competitors weak and strong areas, anticipating the next move of the opponent and be ever ready to adapt for the change.

Now, till the start of the 3rd Test on 3rd August, we should utilise the available time for some radical changes.
As such, the chairman PCB must act urgently and swiftly (like ECB did when they immediately inducted Saqlain Mushtaq, which helped Moeen Ali get many more and cheaper wickets than Yaser Shah) and induct the world renowned legendary leg spinner Mr. Abdul Qadir, as a spin bowling consultant of the touring team.

The following suggestions are also submitted for consideration of the think tank of the PCB, on the theory of selecting horses for courses:

Suggestions for the remaining two Test matches:

1. Let Shan Masood continue opening the innings. However, the batting coach must work very hard on removing his weakness of playing rising balls and mental block against the bowling of James Anderson.

2. Muhammad Hafeez may be dropped as he has failed to live up to the expectations.

3. Shoaib Malik may be advised to take back his Test retirement and included in the team as a batting all-rounder, as the team needs his off spin bowling desparately.

4. Let Azhar and Shan Masood open the innings.

5. Younis Khan may also be dropped and bring, in his place, Sami Aslam, who is already with the squad.

6. The batting order may be reshuffled as below, as England has also promoted their best batsmen J Root to # 3 position, who alone scored 325 runs in the match, whereas, our 22 batsmen scored a mere 432 runs (Average 19.63) in the 2nd Test match.

1. Azhar, 2. Shan Masood, 3. Asad Shafiq, 4. Misbah ul Haq, 5. Sami Aslam, 6. Sarfraz Ahmad, 7. Shoaib Malik, 8 to 11 four bowlers.

It also looks Amir is a shadow of his original self. If he is not fit, either, Sohail Khan or Zulfiqar Babar may be included in his place or Junaid Khan, may be called from Pakistan.

Keeping in view the overall pathetic batting display, Fawad Alam must also be immediately flown to the UK: and given a try in the side matches, before the 3rd Test, to check his form under the English conditions.

Moreover, for the ODI’s the situation is even more critical, as our automatic eligibility for the ODI World Cup 2019, is dependent upon staying by September, 2017 within the top 8 rankings, which at the moment is #9 and our next 15 ODI’s will be played against England, West Indies, NZ and Australia.

In the ODI format, batting is our Achilles heal. In this regard, it is suggested that Misbah ul Haq, may be advised in the national interest, to rejoin our ODI team, by cancelling his retirement, as a batsman, to see through the period, till the rankings cut off time of September, 2017.

super hitter
30th July 2016, 20:33
When are we playing against Ireland, any idea? #GreenRoars

#GreenRoars
30th July 2016, 21:42
When are we playing against Ireland, any idea? #GreenRoars

18th and 20th Aug.

super hitter
30th July 2016, 22:22
18th and 20th Aug.

well...so are the players playing test matches going to be available? hope so they aren't.

Abdullah719
30th July 2016, 23:48
well...so are the players playing test matches going to be available? hope so they aren't.

Obviously they will be available, the series don't overlap.

http://www.pakpassion.net/fixtures/pakistans-international-schedule.html

MenInG
1st August 2016, 00:46
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So after the Worcestershire match it seems that Pakistan will go into the 3rd Test with the same team <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/EngvPak?src=hash">#EngvPak</a></p>&mdash; Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/759435028271071232">July 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Suleiman
1st August 2016, 01:02
So Misbah's dehati mentality continues.

Will play the exact same match losing XI.

samiakh
1st August 2016, 01:30
Inzi left Misbah with no options. Iftikhar was a waste of a pick if he was not going to bowl. In the Worcester match he got one over so obviously the think tank does not take him seriously as a bowler. Only possible change is one of the right am pacers for rahat.

On_the_up
1st August 2016, 01:56
Pakistan has to play 5 regular bowlers. It can be either 4 seamers + 1 spinner or 3 seamers + 2 spinners depending on the wicket. But has to be 5 bowlers.

We also need 6 batsmen, problem is we have 1 at the moment who can be classed as one.

So playing with 5 bowlers is wishful thinking.

cricketbadshah
1st August 2016, 12:39

shehzad:facepalm:

Corridor of Uncertainty
1st August 2016, 12:55
Why am I reading recommendations from readers on including 'A' team players? Is that even an option or just wishful thinking? I am genuinely befuddled.

Also puzzled on suggestions to play Asad or Azher up the order. Not that I am against it but has there been a suggestion?

Clearly Shan, Hafeez, Azher are struggling but knowing Misbah, it is just not likely any of the other two will happen.

So discussion for the sake of it then? Or is there some smoke?

#GreenRoars
1st August 2016, 13:17
Why am I reading recommendations from readers on including 'A' team players? Is that even an option or just wishful thinking? I am genuinely befuddled.

Also puzzled on suggestions to play Asad or Azher up the order. Not that I am against it but has there been a suggestion?

Clearly Shan, Hafeez, Azher are struggling but knowing Misbah, it is just not likely any of the other two will happen.

So discussion for the sake of it then? Or is there some smoke?

There is no smoke, there is no possibility of including A team players for Test series, and they should not be included.

Corridor of Uncertainty
1st August 2016, 13:18
There is no smoke, there is no possibility of including A team players for Test series, and they should not be included.

That's what I reckoned as well but got confused by the recommendations.

So just discussion for the sake of discussion then.

Bring it on!

hur rizvi
1st August 2016, 13:27
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So after the Worcestershire match it seems that Pakistan will go into the 3rd Test with the same team <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/EngvPak?src=hash">#EngvPak</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/759435028271071232">July 30, 2016</a></blockquote>

I dont agree with this. One of Wahab/Rahat, mot probably Wahab will surely warm the bench

Deewana Mastana
1st August 2016, 13:35
There would not be any changes.

JibranAnsari
1st August 2016, 13:51
So iftikhars selection was a blunder? Inzi selected because he could bowl as well and he was given only one over in the side match. Why not just allowed Younis khan play the match then?

street cricketer
1st August 2016, 13:53
I so hope that this is a greentop.

Pete Rose
1st August 2016, 14:53
So iftikhars selection was a blunder? Inzi selected because he could bowl as well and he was given only one over in the side match. Why not just allowed Younis khan play the match then?

How do you he wasn't allowed vs didn't want to: there's ego involved in being asked to prove yourself as a senior player.

arehaan
1st August 2016, 15:19
I dont agree with this. One of Wahab/Rahat, mot probably Wahab will surely warm the bench

This will be a big blunder. Pak needs to get in a right arm pacer for Wahab and Iftikhar for Shan who is a sitting duck facing Anderson

JibranAnsari
1st August 2016, 16:36
How do you he wasn't allowed vs didn't want to: there's ego involved in being asked to prove yourself as a senior player.

He wasn't going to prove anything , just finding some form. He was going to play anyway.

JibranAnsari
1st August 2016, 16:38
So what will Pakistan do if shan masood fails again? are there any more warm up games before the 4th test match to score some runs?

JibranAnsari
1st August 2016, 16:38
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So after the Worcestershire match it seems that Pakistan will go into the 3rd Test with the same team <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/EngvPak?src=hash">#EngvPak</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/759435028271071232">July 30, 2016</a></blockquote>

Sajs opinion or inside news ?

Prince of Pakistan
1st August 2016, 17:11

Don't you know Misbah by now? He is very loyal to his main men.

arehaan
1st August 2016, 17:20
Time for Inzi or someone to put his foot down and get the selection right.

To start with we need to open with Azhar Ali instead of Shan Masood. I believe Inzi suggested this before the tour and should be the logical change given Masoods horrific run against Anderson. If at all Azhar will wear the new ball off which will be job done even if he doesnt score a lot.

1. Hafeez ( No choice at this time)
2. Azhar Ali
3. Younis K
4. Iftikhar A ( Need a 5th bowling option even if he can hold one end)
5. Misbah
6. Asad S
7. Sarfraz
8. Yasir
9. M. Amir
10. Rahat Ali
11. Sohail K / Imran

Corridor of Uncertainty
1st August 2016, 17:51
Misbah is going to give confidence to his men - that they will come good.

Nothing wrong with that.

What Misbah cannot give them is skillset. I don't think he realizes that yet.

Boom boom legend
1st August 2016, 17:59
End of the day does not matter who is selected. Just back the team and hopefully we will come out on top. Remember that team that lost the second test, won the first so England are clearly not invincible.

Cpt. Rishwat
1st August 2016, 20:48
The Times reporter reckoned that James Anderson will be licking his lips at the prospect of Shan Masood keeping his place in the side. Even by Pakistan batting standards he's a complete dud.

super hitter
1st August 2016, 20:51
The Times reporter reckoned that James Anderson will be licking his lips at the prospect of Shan Masood keeping his place in the side. Even by Pakistan batting standards he's a complete dud.

again nothing to expect from our batsmen, lets hope our bowlers finally work out, so far they've been at there worst.

The Last Of The Stars
1st August 2016, 20:51
According to an inside source, Sami Aslam is going to be selected in this test. Haven’t been told at the expense of whom but 99% sure he is in.
This will be good step, at least he won't bat with a timid mindset like Shan.

majiz
1st August 2016, 20:52

if shan masood was a bowler he'd be 'handy with the bat'

1992CorneredTiger
1st August 2016, 20:53
would be exciting .... if true. what a stage to prove your mettle and even if he scores a 40, will be good enough for him.

He looks very stylish when playing his strokes. Similar to what you said, hopefully he has the mental strength to get a decent knock or two.

I remember Inzi bhai once saying, he made 20 on ODI debut and he went back to the dugout and thought he was going to get told off and not selected for the next game, but Imran Khan told him that his 20 was class to watch and he has a big future, that gave him the confidence to push on.

That sort of thinking doesn’t exist anymore, you could look good at the crease but unless you get some runs under your belt everyone is calling for your head. Genuinely think we need to give the guy a bit of a run in the side – and those that argue against it, what better options do we have?

Muhammad10
1st August 2016, 21:34
would be exciting .... if true. what a stage to prove your mettle and even if he scores a 40, will be good enough for him.

Easy there. Even 45 (50) on ODI debut was not good enough to earn him a second match. :inti

aliasad1998
1st August 2016, 21:42
Rahat deserves to play since he was our best bowler in the practice game. Third seamer is still a problem. Id open with Azhar and replace Shan with Rizwan. Its time Asad gets a promotion

fazleefridi
1st August 2016, 21:55
if shan masood was a bowler he'd be 'handy with the bat'

Easy there. Even 45 (50) on ODI debut was not good enough to earn him a second match. :inti

A SHAHZAD is in England, can we try him as an OPENER FOR 2 TESTS...Hehe

Markhor
2nd August 2016, 01:49
506 out of 762 runs for England in Manchester were from Cook and Root.

We need to use the new ball much better and not allow these two to settle. Cook especially has a weakness when you bowl fuller and outside off. Root is such a complete batsman, but can throw his wicket away if he gets bogged down at the crease and gets frustrated.

StreetSmart
2nd August 2016, 01:53
What about our fielding ? they don't apply pressure on the batsman

Chief Destroyer
2nd August 2016, 01:57
What about our fielding ? they don't apply pressure on the batsman

They're there to apply pressure on the bowlers.

zoro
2nd August 2016, 03:47
Its gonna be a wash out most days i think, raining persistantly all day.

Doesnt mean pak wont loose becos anderson wont need too much time to bowl pak out under clouds. Pak will have to work hard to get a draw.

However, looks unlikely that pak can win this test with time lost to rain.

Syed1
2nd August 2016, 04:03
Its gonna be a wash out most days i think, raining persistantly all day.

Doesnt mean pak wont loose becos anderson wont need too much time to bowl pak out under clouds. Pak will have to work hard to get a draw.

However, looks unlikely that pak can win this test with time lost to rain.

It's good that this one is rained out. This is England's fortress, they never lose at Edgbaston. However the next one is at Oval, and we have won thrice in the last four tours to the Oval.