PDA

View Full Version : No Durga idol immersion on Oct 1 due to Muharram, in West Bengal

Varun
24th August 2017, 19:30
With Muharram scheduled a day after Dussera this year, West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee asked the people on Wednesday to cooperate with each other and not to fall prey to provocation leading to communal problems.

Some quarters may try to instigate people to flare up communal tension and there are people who may try to take political advantage of this, Banerjee said, addressing a meeting of Durga Puja committees in the evening.

She asked, “Why should we take the blame because of some people who are trying to take political advantage?,”

Banerjee directed SPs in the districts to talk to Durga Puja committees and Muharram committees regarding holding of their rallies, and said that there would not be any idol immersion on October 1, on the scheduled day of Muharram.

“Immersion will resume on October 2 and will continue till October 4,” she said.

The chief minister also asked the people not to pay heed to posts on social networking sites leading to communal disturbances.

“It is the latest trend. People are posting fake photos of incidents on social networking sites. People must be very cautious about this and remember that cyber crime is also a crime,” she said.

Stressing that the administration would not let anybody disturb the secular atmosphere of the state, Banerjee said that police would take action in such cases.

“Muharram is not a festival we must keep that in mind. It’s our responsibility. I have heard that some people have plans to disturb and drive people in a wrong path,” she said stressing that the puja committees should play a “bigger role” in this context.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/no-durga-idol-immersion-on-oct-1-due-to-muharram-maintain-communal-harmony-mamata-banerjee/story-yX0bcInCo7rhbOas4CRIOK.html

Can't make out whether this is positive or negative news?

Kianig89
24th August 2017, 19:37
Respect to Mamta G

troodon
24th August 2017, 19:38
Can't make out whether this is positive or negative news?

Definitely positive news.

Banning the immersion for a day will not work. It needs to be permanently banned. Nothing but water pollution.

Varun
24th August 2017, 19:41
Banning the immersion for a day will not work. It needs to be permanently banned. Nothing but water pollution.

Granted, but reducing water pollution is not the ulterior motive at play here.

Cpt. Rishwat
24th August 2017, 19:45
Seems a sensible decision to warn about social media trolls fomenting communal hatred. On the banning of idol immersion, no real idea what that's about so won't comment.

troodon
24th August 2017, 19:45
Granted, but reducing water pollution is not the ulterior motive at play here.

Whatever the motive is, if it means saving the rivers from harmful chemicals, I am all for it.

Not a fan of processions in general too. They block traffic and create a mess on the streets. Not to forget, some idiots in the processions will say bad things about other religion when they are passing through their streets and you have a full blown riot.

Nobody should be allowed to display religion in public.

CricketCartoons
24th August 2017, 19:58
Wherever communal riots, the saviour BJP arrives to take things under control. So I am not too worried if there are communal flare ups in West Bengal. It only means BJP will gain a foothold there to clean the mess.

PakLFC
24th August 2017, 22:00
Doesn't take much to cause communal tension in shining India.

akki
24th August 2017, 22:09
Doesn't take much to cause communal tension in shining India.

That' why i say i dnt think any country in the world take this things and still grow economically and have very good image all over world considering all tge poverty, partition, all tge major religions in the world , all tge different languages and still india is doing good. we have to see posiyives and appreciate this.

cricketjoshila
24th August 2017, 22:42
Last year the kolkata high court struck down a similar diktat and called the bengal govt appeaser of one religion.Similar order may be in the offing this year.

PakLFC
24th August 2017, 23:43
That' why i say i dnt think any country in the world take this things and still grow economically and have very good image all over world considering all tge poverty, partition, all tge major religions in the world , all tge different languages and still india is doing good. we have to see posiyives and appreciate this.

You are just good at covering cracks with paper. That's all.

akki
24th August 2017, 23:47
You are just good at covering cracks with paper. That's all.

its your opinion only. 125 crore population with diversity from religions to languages to economic condtions of people. We dnt get to hear much things , dnt we ?
If we somehow control population in coming years which wud be very difficult task, then i dnt see much issues arising.

PakLFC
24th August 2017, 23:55
its your opinion only. 125 crore population with diversity from religions to languages to economic condtions of people. We dnt get to hear much things , dnt we ?
If we somehow control population in coming years which wud be very difficult task, then i dnt see much issues arising.

You have many more problems then just population. You need a reality check. I hear plenty of problems in your country from poverty to religious intolerance and ladies being abused to bride burning to name a few major issues. Lets not forget all the insurgent groups like Naxalites running around. Many more as well.

akki
25th August 2017, 00:03
You have many more problems then just population. You need a reality check. I hear plenty of problems in your country from poverty to religious intolerance and ladies being abused to bride burning to name a few major issues. Lets not forget all the insurgent groups like Naxalites running around. Many more as well.

Nope not at all. crime like murders , rapes, theft , some religious murders tgese things happen all over the world. so india cant be perfect because it consists humans. And what pakistan want is that india should be 100 percent perfect.
What you hear is also what our media reports. so you also need to hear what our media and country reports regarding positive things as well
we have to see positives and there are tons of positives and things which needed to be appreciated then only seeing some random religious intolerance out of 125 crore population. this things happens worst in all over tge world ratio per capita wise.
india is a huge country, so some isssues here and there will go on.i just hope we sort out our overpupulation issue. we are doing great economically, religious freedom ( dnt bring beef nd ol stupid irrelevant issues ) millitary wise , education , eliminating poverty , building toilets as well if you want to taunt that , and everywhere.

JaDed
25th August 2017, 00:04
Ban religious possessions itself,keep it only inside homes or worship places.

CricketCartoons
25th August 2017, 00:10
Ban religious possessions itself,keep it only inside homes or worship places.

This is India and every community has the right to publicly celebrate/mourn their religious events. Those who can't deal with it can move back to where they came from.

JaDed
25th August 2017, 00:17
This is India and every community has the right to publicly celebrate/mourn their religious events. Those who can't deal with it can move back to where they came from.
Do you mean like sati and caste discrimination?

CricketCartoons
25th August 2017, 00:27
Do you mean like sati and caste discrimination?

No, I mean like those who were not born in india could go back to whichever country has a ban on processions. I would happily extend that invitation to those who were born here but don't like it here.

JaDed
25th August 2017, 00:30
No, I mean like those who were not born in india could go back to whichever country has a ban on processions. I would happily extend that invitation to those who were born here but don't like it here.
Yeah those practices were born on this land as well,maybe Britishers didn't do right thing white people banning it,do you want them to be enabled as well since banning of religious discrimination and stupidity isn't allowed in the country.

Cpt. Rishwat
25th August 2017, 01:10
Last year the kolkata high court struck down a similar diktat and called the bengal govt appeaser of one religion.Similar order may be in the offing this year.

Muharram is usually marked by the Shia branch of Islam. I know you have championed India's welcome to specifically Shia and Ahmedi sects in the past, so if it is that religion you are talking about, perhaps your heart might soften to appease on this occasion.

CricketCartoons
25th August 2017, 01:15
Muharram is usually marked by the Shia branch of Islam. I know you have championed India's welcome to specifically Shia and Ahmedi sects in the past, so if it is that religion you are talking about, perhaps your heart might soften to appease on this occasion.

Recently the shia muslim personal law board asked muslims to give up their claim on the babari mosque, and let a mosque be build at a distance from the ram temple. but shias are good only when to be pitted against the sunnis.

cricketjoshila
25th August 2017, 01:35

No religion needs to stop its procession for the other.They both can go on together.

GBK_Fan
25th August 2017, 01:46
Will the Durga Pandals agree? There seems to be a mixed opinion on social media amongst the Bengalis i know. Also the BJP seems ready to jump in

CricketCartoons
25th August 2017, 02:01
West Bengal is the most communist state after Kerala, yet both celebrate religious festivals like durga puja and onam like none other. Welcome to indian communists.

PakLFC
25th August 2017, 03:38
Nope not at all. crime like murders , rapes, theft , some religious murders tgese things happen all over the world. so india cant be perfect because it consists humans. And what pakistan want is that india should be 100 percent perfect.
What you hear is also what our media reports. so you also need to hear what our media and country reports regarding positive things as well
we have to see positives and there are tons of positives and things which needed to be appreciated then only seeing some random religious intolerance out of 125 crore population. this things happens worst in all over tge world ratio per capita wise.
india is a huge country, so some isssues here and there will go on.i just hope we sort out our overpupulation issue. we are doing great economically, religious freedom ( dnt bring beef nd ol stupid irrelevant issues ) millitary wise , education , eliminating poverty , building toilets as well if you want to taunt that , and everywhere.

Vist any Indian website and it is full of problems associated with any third world country. India is one of the most corrupt countries in the world with murder, rape and corruption every day problems. Pakistan could not care less about India, just stop telling s how great you are.

Every country has positives as well but that does not negate the negatives at all. Instead of denying the obvious you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Everything terrible happens in India every day from rape, to corruption, murder, suicide and what not. No religious freedom is not everywhere in India at all, why should I not bring beef in to it when it is a FACT that people are killed for consuming it?

Only the wealthy in your country are reaping the benefits of your economy. Some 400 million live below the poverty line and don't get anything from your supposed thriving economy.

Eagle_Eye
25th August 2017, 03:55
What's one got to do with the other? Why can't the two things go on at the same time?.... Are the Shias of the area asking for this?

Gabbar Singh
25th August 2017, 04:08
What's one got to do with the other? Why can't the two things go on at the same time?.... Are the Shias of the area asking for this?

Because both festivals involve people out on the streets, congregating publically in large numbers etc the state government fear that this could lead to clashes on the streets should anything spark it off. The Shiites haven't asked for this and obviously the Hindus haven't either.

West Bengal has faced a lot of hindu Muslim violence recently so the authorities there are understandably nervous about such things.

akki
25th August 2017, 04:11
Vist any Indian website and it is full of problems associated with any third world country. India is one of the most corrupt countries in the world with murder, rape and corruption every day problems. Pakistan could not care less about India, just stop telling s how great you are.

Every country has positives as well but that does not negate the negatives at all. Instead of denying the obvious you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Everything terrible happens in India every day from rape, to corruption, murder, suicide and what not. No religious freedom is not everywhere in India at all, why should I not bring beef in to it when it is a FACT that people are killed for consuming it?

Only the wealthy in your country are reaping the benefits of your economy. Some 400 million live below the poverty line and don't get anything from your supposed thriving economy.

Dnt worry about india. Can you tell me the rape per capita figure of the world top 10 countries in rapes figure.? we indians only talk about facts and figures. only then we believe. Rape per capita understood?
And can you tell me out of 125 crore population how many persons killed due to beef issue.in last 5 years. I bet more muslims die in one month in pakistan or mkst of the muslim countries rather than beef issue in india in 5 years.bring facts and figures.i will tell more hindus killed in india due to intolerance.

.Give facts and figures and then come to talk. otherwise if i get start hava me teer chlana then it wud be difficult for you.

cricketjoshila
25th August 2017, 12:31

As far as i remember both have been going together for years.Only since last year did this happen.The present govt is trying to appease shias and retain their vote as Shias around India are voting for BJP.

Some of the demands by a few radical people are astonishing.

cricketjoshila
25th August 2017, 12:33
Because both festivals involve people out on the streets, congregating publically in large numbers etc the state government fear that this could lead to clashes on the streets should anything spark it off. The Shiites haven't asked for this and obviously the Hindus haven't either.

West Bengal has faced a lot of hindu Muslim violence recently so the authorities there are understandably nervous about such things.

How these two processions went on together for years?The calcutta HC asked the same question last year.

The left front govt managed both the processions on the same day.Even the communists are criticising this blatant attempt of appeasement.

Napa
25th August 2017, 14:00

Have you ever taken a flight to go on a vacation? Or maybe even gone for a drive for pleasure?

If you have, you have caused a lot more pollution to the environment than immersing statutes in rivers.

Eagle_Eye
25th August 2017, 17:30
As far as i remember both have been going together for years.Only since last year did this happen.The present govt is trying to appease shias and retain their vote as Shias around India are voting for BJP.

Some of the demands by a few radical people are astonishing.

Appeasement of who? The Shias have not asked for this.

cricketjoshila
25th August 2017, 20:20
Appeasement of who? The Shias have not asked for this.

They have some shia clerics on their payrolls who do political work for them.They are trying to portray themselves as pro shia and hence this.

They even declared some competition last year for best procession etc.

PakLFC
25th August 2017, 22:35
Dnt worry about india. Can you tell me the rape per capita figure of the world top 10 countries in rapes figure.? we indians only talk about facts and figures. only then we believe. Rape per capita understood?
And can you tell me out of 125 crore population how many persons killed due to beef issue.in last 5 years. I bet more muslims die in one month in pakistan or mkst of the muslim countries rather than beef issue in india in 5 years.bring facts and figures.i will tell more hindus killed in india due to intolerance.

.Give facts and figures and then come to talk. otherwise if i get start hava me teer chlana then it wud be difficult for you.

No one is worried about India especially not Pakistanis. As I often say two wrongs don't make a right, rape is a common occurrence in your country and you know it. Your belief that is happens in other countries as well is ridiculous. As a Pakistani if anyone points out problems in Pakistan I accept it without pointing the finger elsewhere. How do you know more Muslims die in Pak? That is like saying more Hindu's die in India every month! There is no logic behind what you are saying. Now you want FACTS that crime is out of control in India or people are killed for eating beef! Do you also want me to prove that your Punjab today is on edge after that Ram Rahim guy was found guilty? Oh! You will now go on about how corrupt Nawaz Sharif is, this is how you people think!!.

akki
25th August 2017, 22:51
No one is worried about India especially not Pakistanis. As I often say two wrongs don't make a right, rape is a common occurrence in your country and you know it. Your belief that is happens in other countries as well is ridiculous. As a Pakistani if anyone points out problems in Pakistan I accept it without pointing the finger elsewhere. How do you know more Muslims die in Pak? That is like saying more Hindu's die in India every month! There is no logic behind what you are saying. Now you want FACTS that crime is out of control in India or people are killed for eating beef! Do you also want me to prove that your Punjab today is on edge after that Ram Rahim guy was found guilty? Oh! You will now go on about how corrupt Nawaz Sharif is, this is how you people think!!.

Punjab is not on edge, most of the sikhs hate him and even they had clashes with this baba many times.he has followers from all religions . 30 people mostly his followers killed in panchkula haryana.With in day and 2 situatio wud be stable.
Yes i am proud of my courts that such a powerful figure yet again convicted out of guilty and sent to jail. Courts were not pressurised by 5 crore of his followers. Plus in 5 years not more than few tens killed in beef related issue and hindus are also have been killed in communal issues.you wont talk about them ever.
We have 125 crore population and it means it consists almost 7 pakistans . Still india is doing good . And our media , our people talk about women rights openly now and so tgere are reactions from some narrow minded peoppe. we are going forward only in every direction. i dnt need to tell how many shias killed in pakistan or any common men due to bomb blasts. because i dnt want to score points over the death of human being. but you need to understand. India with alot of major religions , 125 crore populated country with limited resources and diversity in everything still functions much better .

akki
25th August 2017, 22:56

my belief that rape happens in otger countries ? doesnt it happen all over tge world. may be its safe in pakistan , girls may be able to roam freely in short skirts at midnigjt with boyfriends openly in pakistan , they may be safe tgere. but in other parts of world rape does happen tgere. its not about rape ,its about attitude of us indians which needed to be changed towards rape victims.we blame victims . we are not as much liberal minds towards our women as pakistanis as. but we have atleast started to debate. And it will change on day

PakLFC
25th August 2017, 23:01
Punjab is not on edge, most of the sikhs hate him and even they had clashes with this baba many times.he has followers from all religions . 30 people mostly his followers killed in panchkula haryana.With in day and 2 situatio wud be stable.
Yes i am proud of my courts that such a powerful figure yet again convicted out of guilty and sent to jail. Courts were not pressurised by 5 crore of his followers. Plus in 5 years not more than few tens killed in beef related issue and hindus are also have been killed in communal issues.you wont talk about them ever.
We have 125 crore population and it means it consists almost 7 pakistans . Still india is doing good . And our media , our people talk about women rights openly now and so tgere are reactions from some narrow minded peoppe. we are going forward only in every direction. i dnt need to tell how many shias killed in pakistan or any common men due to bomb blasts. because i dnt want to score points over the death of human being. but you need to understand. India with alot of major religions , 125 crore populated country with limited resources and diversity in everything still functions much better .

The region where this Ram Rahim guy has been found guilty is on edge! To bad your great courts could not do anything about the 200 Indian's whose names were leaked in the Panama leaks including Amitabh Bachchan! Lets see your law charge him and other wealthy ones whose names were exposed! What about all the killings of minorities in India and hundreds of millions of so called untouchable who are not even considered as being human being!! India is the only country in the world where people are called untouchables!!! So what?Our media is open as well as to are our courts which is why NS has been removed. We don't have a mass murderer like Modi in charge who openly boasts about killing innocents! Your are right, if not being killed for consuming beef they are lynched or even worse done to them! You seem to think that everything is great just because the media does not pick up on it! India is nothing special, it is a third world country up to it's eyeballs in all sorts of problems.

PakLFC
25th August 2017, 23:06
my belief that rape happens in otger countries ? doesnt it happen all over tge world. may be its safe in pakistan , girls may be able to roam freely in short skirts at midnigjt with boyfriends openly in pakistan , they may be safe tgere. but in other parts of world rape does happen tgere. its not about rape ,its about attitude of us indians which needed to be changed towards rape victims.we blame victims . we are not as much liberal minds towards our women as pakistanis as. but we have atleast started to debate. And it will change on day

So what if it happens in other parts of the world. In India not only does it happen but most of the time the victims are not given justice. In Pak it is very rare for ladies to dress in mini skirts, another thing is that I am not saying how crime free Pakistan is like you are about India!! We accept our problems where as you fool yourselves in believing you are as advanced as western countries. Keep dreaming!

akki
25th August 2017, 23:08
The region where this Ram Rahim guy has been found guilty is on edge! To bad your great courts could not do anything about the 200 Indian's whose names were leaked in the Panama leaks including Amitabh Bachchan! Lets see your law charge him and other wealthy ones whose names were exposed! What about all the killings of minorities in India and hundreds of millions of so called untouchable who are not even considered as being human being!! India is the only country in the world where people are called untouchables!!! So what?Our media is open as well as to are our courts which is why NS has been removed. We don't have a mass murderer like Modi in charge who openly boasts about killing innocents! Your are right, if not being killed for consuming beef they are lynched or even worse done to them! You seem to think that everything is great just because the media does not pick up on it! India is nothing special, it is a third world country up to it's eyeballs in all sorts of problems.

Majority , also got killed . i know they are kuffar so deserved to be killed but still they are humans atleastm we should also talk about them for once. I am punjabi , i know about our punjab and our neighbour west punjab as well very much. there were issues and may be still are but people now going in right direction.
our president if india is FROM LOWER CLASS. and many many examoles. you dnt worry about india. we live in india and havnt studied in madrasas. so we are not brainwashed to hate otger community or living in dillusion

PakLFC
25th August 2017, 23:12
Majority , also got killed . i know they are kuffar so deserved to be killed but still they are humans atleastm we should also talk about them for once. I am punjabi , i know about our punjab and our neighbour west punjab as well very much. there were issues and may be still are but people now going in right direction.
our president if india is FROM LOWER CLASS. and many many examoles. you dnt worry about india. we live in india and havnt studied in madrasas. so we are not brainwashed to hate otger community or living in dillusion

No one is worried about India. Religious intolerance is all over your country so why are you denying it?? If the UK, Canada or America claims greatness I will accept it. But India:maqsood The point is not Modi's background rather that you choose criminals as PM's! There are plenty of madrasa's in India as well not that you would know what happens there. Yeah right!! Ram Rahim is surely taking you towards the right direction!:misbah

akki
25th August 2017, 23:14
No one is worried about India. Religious intolerance is all over your country so why are you denying it?? If the UK, Canada or America claims greatness I will accept it. But India:maqsood The point is not Modi's background rather that you choose criminals as PM's! There are plenty of madrasa's in India as well not that you would know what happens there. Yeah right!! Ram Rahim is surely taking you towards the right direction!:misbah

Give 125 crore population to your usa ir canada plus give them second largest muslim population,largest hindus,largestsikhs, busddhists, jains , tgen hubdreds of babas followers and ,5 crores christians. And alot of poor , uneducated people plus limited resource and hubdreds of languages. india dnt have national language u knw na....then tell these countries to function better than india.

PakLFC
25th August 2017, 23:16
Give 125 crore population to your usa ir canada plus give them second largest muslim population,largest hindus,largestsikhs, busddhists, jains , tgen hubdreds of babas followers and ,5 crores christians. And alot of poor , uneducated people plus limited resource and then tell yhem to function better than india.

Never mind the if's and why's! Deal with facts instead of living in cuckoo land. Break your country in to parts if you don't like having such a massive population or live with all the problems associated with it. Can't have it both ways.

Rafa
25th August 2017, 23:20
Give 125 crore population to your usa ir canada plus give them second largest muslim population,largest hindus,largestsikhs, busddhists, jains , tgen hubdreds of babas followers and ,5 crores christians. And alot of poor , uneducated people plus limited resource and hubdreds of languages. india dnt have national language u knw na....then tell these countries to function better than india.

Lol and who is responsible for the overpopulation and illiteracy and following fake babas, the people of India themselves. Why Should USA or Canada have all that crap when they have reformed themselves way beyond third world India ever will.

akki
25th August 2017, 23:46
Lol and who is responsible for the overpopulation and illiteracy and following fake babas, the people of India themselves. Why Should USA or Canada have all that crap when they have reformed themselves way beyond third world India ever will.

India got her independence hardly 70 years back. Before then were ruled by invaders. so these things were always on the cards, But main point is our middle class numbers have been growing continously and people in india are giving alot of importance to education as well . And with all tgese things we have functional democracy and very nice image all over the world like yoga ,bollywood,or given birth to many beautiful religions like budhism , sikhism etc etc and one of the most powerful countries ,both economically and millitary wise. so we are growing. And yes tgere is room for improvement and we will do that as well.
People are uneducated still in large numbers so all babas , religions ,overpopulation going on. but we still didnt move backward ,moving only in forward direction

SandyB
26th August 2017, 00:31
West Bengal is the most communist state after Kerala, yet both celebrate religious festivals like durga puja and onam like none other. Welcome to indian communists.

FYI , IDK about Durga Pujo but ONAM is more of a harvest festival than a religious festival. It wasn't even celebrated in temples upto 100 years back and has been celebrated by all faiths of Kerala for as long as its been around (maybe a bit less by muslims) !. It predates the modern vedic hinduism of Kerala and was more or less appropriated as a Hindu festival, just like how the Pagan harvest festival of the middle east was appropriated as Jesus Christ's birthday aka Christmas by the early christian faith.

How can you call it a religious festival when we people celebrate the rule of an "Asura" (demon race) king who was cheated out of his rightful kingdom and banished by a cunning brahmin (Vamana) ?

Muhammad10
27th August 2017, 02:20
Please stay on topic. Thanks.

Justcrazy
27th August 2017, 03:34

What is the alternative ? In West Bengal durga Puja is the biggest festival among Hindus . Many idols are made , they need to dispose of that . Unless Government does not find a solution to it , they cannot stop that.

Justcrazy
27th August 2017, 03:35
Recently the shia muslim personal law board asked muslims to give up their claim on the babari mosque, and let a mosque be build at a distance from the ram temple. but shias are good only when to be pitted against the sunnis.

Its politics . Both shia and sunni sects are controlled by politicians these days , unfortunately.