PDA

View Full Version : Girls playing cricket

Muzy
3rd February 2005, 02:50
ive always been a big fan of cricket and i use to love playing in school but in year 10 i got an offer from essex cricket county club to play for their under 16 girls cricket i was chosen out of 3 other girls from from the whole school, my PE teacher recommended me to the tryouts and i was so excited thinking yeh my parents arent gona mind... when i got home i got dissed by my brothers so much it hurts to even think about it they were so sexist about it :o^ so my dad said no listening to my brothers.... since then i have always regretted not going for the opportunity in doing something that i actually enjoy in... its not like i was asking for a career in cricket it was just a hobby.... |-Q

what do guys think about girls playing cricket in county n some international cricket?? do you think it should be left to be a guys game coz i know all sports nowadays are for both genders even rugby!! lol this is just a friendly gender topic id like it if both guys and girls could reply it would be nice to hear your opinions... thanx

ps. this forum is wiked!!!

Riya
3rd February 2005, 03:28
Hi miss Iam so sorry that u could not play cricket... U can still try to convince ur dad to let u play.... Maybe u will play someday..

Sage
3rd February 2005, 03:49
Oooh

Not surprised your brothers acted like that...they were just trying to protect you. My older sister gets ****** all the time because my older brothers still try to protect her. They don't really care what I do (perhaps I even act out as a way of getting attention) |-Q :oD

But playing for a county is quite a step up so it may have seemed a bit like it was gonna get serious. Your dad may not have had a problem with you playing for the U16s...but he just wanted to avoid you trying to progress it even further if you excelled.

To be honest most sports are watched by men, and so female athletes usually have to be aesthetically pleasing to gain an audience for their sport. Tennis is a good example as is football. Women golfers and cricketers, where its not necessary to be fit, are not usually very attractive and this takes away from the sport's popularity. And you could blame this on the men, but really women aren't too interested in cricket in general and this makes it very hard for women's cricket to gain a following. Women's cricket won't take off unless a lot more women start paying attention and watching it, because men won't. So the onus is on you guys...

And there is no such thing as a friendly gender topic. It always leads to arguments but its all in fun ;-)

Join us in the OT: Kids... thread for some deviant banter that was so vile , all its 10000 posts needed to be purged from the old board...

razzler
3rd February 2005, 03:51
Sage I remember being protected too at eight years old. You can't do this you can't do that. Now my eight year old brother does anything. OH yeah you are allowed. It ticks me off.

Oxy
3rd February 2005, 05:42
But Razzler, you were a girl that needing protecting:)

Geordie Ahmed
3rd February 2005, 05:51
:oD :oD :oD Oxy

It is the truth!

catwoman
3rd February 2005, 06:24
LOL @ Oxy :oD

It really pisses me off when people have double standards and try to undermine women's abilities. If men can enjoy and participate in their favorite sport, then what's wrong with women doing that hobby? People in Pakistan need to change their backward thinking. Unfortunately, I never got the opporunity to play cricket on a team since it's not too popular here in Canada but I have however played other sports on my school team. I'm lucky I guess because my parents always encouraged me. :-)

razzler
3rd February 2005, 08:10
OXY if I am a girl then you are a Dadi(grandmother).

Officer Barbrady
3rd February 2005, 13:36
Oooh

To be honest most sports are watched by men, and so female athletes usually have to be aesthetically pleasing to gain an audience for their sport. Tennis is a good example as is football. Women golfers and cricketers, where its not necessary to be fit, are not usually very attractive and this takes away from the sport's popularity. And you could blame this on the men, but really women aren't too interested in cricket in general and this makes it very hard for women's cricket to gain a following. Women's cricket won't take off unless a lot more women start paying attention and watching it, because men won't. So the onus is on you guys...

:oD

Saqlain_doosra
3rd February 2005, 15:20
It's sad that you couldn't play cricket. I personally don't like watcing girls play cricket. They play to slow. No offence

Muzy
3rd February 2005, 20:46
lol 'play too slow' hmmm maybe ur right its not worth getting hung up over, its just that at uni some guys find it really amusing and tease me about me liking cricket and supporting pakistan cricket team.... i know not all boys are like that but i think its pathetic i even had an argument coz im a huge fan of pakistan and a true fan goes through thick and thin with the team whether they loose or win or draw.... anyways where are you lot from?? i use to read the topics in the old forum for about a month but recently signed up....

Saqlain_doosra
3rd February 2005, 21:01
Are you girl?

or faking it like others

What uni do you go to?

I'm in brumy uni

Muzy
3rd February 2005, 21:36
yeh im a girl and no im not faking it... i go westminster uni....

Sage
3rd February 2005, 21:43
Miss Malik Fan, do you have a shorter name we could refer to you as? Pick any name you like, as long as its short. My fingers tire easily. :oD

Also, do you look like most women cricketers? Because I hear they have to adhere to a certain body type and appearance. Large squared shoulders, a bit of extra weight, dyke haircut, a face you would drink to forget. If you don't have all these characteristics, then I'm sorry, but you can't be woman cricketer :oD

Muzy
3rd February 2005, 22:06
lol you can call me muzy lolllllllllllllll i dont wana be a female cricketer hahaha i jus said i wanted to play for fun but im not allowed oh well more the better for me to watch shoaib malik n da rest play, btw do you know if skysports is showing the highlightes for ONLY half an hour 2moro i checked on their website tv guide i duno if they got it wrong or not?? |-K

Saqlain_doosra
3rd February 2005, 22:10
" of my friends have that name and there guys. Someting else please

Muzy
4th February 2005, 01:13
sorry but thats my nick name since i was a kid and i AM a girl ul just av2 cal me dat...

Saqlain_doosra
4th February 2005, 01:42
ok muzy

Abdul Qadir 236
5th February 2005, 06:29
I think anyone should be allowed to have the chance to play cricket.

Sage
5th February 2005, 06:33
Everyone except for the bloody Russians.

I don't like 'em, I tell ya

5th February 2005, 06:36
ive always been a big fan of cricket and i use to love playing in school but in year 10 i got an offer from essex cricket county club to play for their under 16 girls cricket i was chosen out of 3 other girls from from the whole school, my PE teacher recommended me to the tryouts and i was so excited thinking yeh my parents arent gona mind... when i got home i got dissed by my brothers so much it hurts to even think about it they were so sexist about it :o^ so my dad said no listening to my brothers.... since then i have always regretted not going for the opportunity in doing something that i actually enjoy in... its not like i was asking for a career in cricket it was just a hobby.... |-Q

what do guys think about girls playing cricket in county n some international cricket?? do you think it should be left to be a guys game coz i know all sports nowadays are for both genders even rugby!! lol this is just a friendly gender topic id like it if both guys and girls could reply it would be nice to hear your opinions... thanx

ps. this forum is wiked!!!

I feel sorry for you. One thing I hate about desi culture is the amount of sexism

Sage
5th February 2005, 06:38
Well its always important to look at the bright side of everything.

As they say, for every cloud, there is a silver lining.

And now you have free time to cook and clean around the house!

5th February 2005, 06:47
Well its always important to look at the bright side of everything.

As they say, for every cloud, there is a silver lining.

And now you have free time to cook and clean around the house!

Sage, r u saying that her family were right to not let her play? |-D

Sage
5th February 2005, 06:51
I'm saying that now that the decision's already been made, no use crying over spilt milk.

There are more important things for women to be doing...

5th February 2005, 07:09
I'm saying that now that the decision's already been made, no use crying over spilt milk.

Which are (other than the obvious)?

Sage
5th February 2005, 13:55

Which are (other than the obvious)?

Ask Radhika ;-)

5th February 2005, 20:58

Muzy
6th February 2005, 02:17
bare rude u no u cannot just 'stereotype' a girl you dont even know me and who said anything about me crying over spilt milk i said ive regretted the fact that i wasnt allowed to play for a couple of years thats all.... and women should have equal rights to what men have.... thank you Hitman but Sage i think you obviously cant see it what its like from a girls POV... anyhow thats your opinion thanx for sharing it |-E

Saqlain_doosra
6th February 2005, 05:05
The girls should be allowed to play cricket. The standard needs to improve. It should be easy for desi girls to walk into English team

sajjad
6th February 2005, 05:24
how good is the **** womens team

Officer Barbrady
6th February 2005, 05:33
bare rude u no u cannot just 'stereotype' a girl you dont even know me and who said anything about me crying over spilt milk i said ive regretted the fact that i wasnt allowed to play for a couple of years thats all.... and women should have equal rights to what men have.... thank you Hitman but Sage i think you obviously cant see it what its like from a girls POV... anyhow thats your opinion thanx for sharing it |-E

'crying over spilt milk' is a phrase which has much the same meaning as 'regretting' something, it is usually not considered rude.

Sage
6th February 2005, 05:40
Muz, you know I'm just teasin ya, right? |-A

Saqlain_doosra
6th February 2005, 05:46
Pakistan team is average

6th February 2005, 07:59

Anytime. I stand for equal rights :-)

sajjad
6th February 2005, 08:31
equal rights, all those years abroad
u seem to have lost it, hitman.

equal rights they say, my word
whatll they think of next!!!

Schiller
6th February 2005, 20:38
all this talk of equality of genders is so shall we say, offensive to me as a guy. what equality, why equality??
they should really do what they do best, batter the dough and ease the strains.
(my apologies, men do that better too)

as for cricket and women, i think thats sacrilegous really and demeans the whole concept of the game.
they can run and jump all they want but somethings are a little too good for them perhaps

Sage
6th February 2005, 22:28
all this talk of equality of genders is so shall we say, offensive to me as a guy. what equality, why equality??
they should really do what they do best, batter the dough and ease the strains.
(my apologies, men do that better too)

as for cricket and women, i think thats sacrilegous really and demeans the whole concept of the game.
they can run and jump all they want but somethings are a little too good for them perhaps

C'mon Shiller, thats just wrong. Why do you have such a narrow view of women's role's in society? If Muz wants to play cricket, she has every right to. I bet she could probably out play you on the pitch and that's why you're so against it. :-^

Schiller
6th February 2005, 23:01
;-)

Sage
6th February 2005, 23:07
Thats not going to remedy the situation. I've had problems with your medieval sexists views even on the old board. And you've never come up with a good reason why you feel this way...perhaps you were scarred by a woman when you were a child. She beat you up in a fight and now you're bitter :oD

Schiller
6th February 2005, 23:12
:oD :oD

just because I want to say things as they are doesnt mean i had a bad childhood really. far from it i would say
i mean seriously women playing or wanting to play cricket now
whats next, i say

Sage
6th February 2005, 23:17
What's next?

Women getting jobs? Women driving cars?
Really, what's your problem Shiller? People like you try to pull us back hundreds of years, just because they are uncomfortable at the prospect of women becoming empowered and taking charge.

Schiller
6th February 2005, 23:35
i really dont think its a matter of empowerment and why would men be uncomfortable with it? we are definitely in many wyas superior to thema nd I think its time that they stop questioning that
they can drive cars and jobs only if it helps the man, i htink thats the only way to look at it perhaps.

Sage
6th February 2005, 23:44
Oh so women are doomed to be regarded as inferior creatures for all time!

If only your mother knew what a bigot you were. She'd be happy to hear that you think women are inferior. Do you honestly think you could endure the pain of childbirth?

How are you going to prove that women are inferior?

Schiller
6th February 2005, 23:50
what i find odd is when men start taking women's side in such issues, clearly you cannot deny that in many ways theyre inferior to us but such is life.

pain of childbirth is what a few times in alife time? and besdes we endure different kinds ofpain all the time. emotional suppression and torture that women resort to.

you have to merely look at the feminine physique and their emotional tantrums to know theyre inferior and then they want to play cricket

Sage
7th February 2005, 00:08
You really disgust me Shiller.

So showing emotion is showing weakness. Great individuals throughout history have shown emotion. Perhaps even thrown emotional tantrums.

Women have stood beside men throughout time, supporting them when they felt weak, cheering them on when they felt strong. Now its time for women to get the same support from men!

Schiller
7th February 2005, 00:11
i dont think my views should be disgusting at all really, truth hurts and lets face it this is the truth.
great men threw all that but for a greater cause, women do it for petty maneouvres and mundane issues.
and they havent stood by men, they have stood by money and by power. hypocritical bunch most of them

Sage
7th February 2005, 00:19
Well someone's obviously been wronged by one of these "weak creatures." Perhaps even more than one.

Great men are often pawns of women as well. Aristocratic women in France and other places were quite capable creatures. They could break men at their whim, and not just the weak ones.

All men and women have the capability to be strong and all of them have the capability to be weak. Unfortunately, you fall in the latter category.

Schiller
7th February 2005, 00:22
i think you should try not to take personal shots at me. its undeniable that men are the better creatures and instead of siding with one of your own gender here, youre taking shots at me.
disgraceful really.

great men are their pawns primarily because women are better at petty lying and not real worldly stuff.

Sage
7th February 2005, 00:25
So you're calling me a traitor?

I'd much rather be regarded as a traitor by the likes of you than parade around as a chauvanist macho pig.

And with these characteristics, women can and would make great diplomats. Not worldy enough for you?

catwoman
7th February 2005, 00:54
Umar, your sexist and discriminating nature has really disappointed me. :-^

The "men are superior and women are inferior" school of thought is old now. No gender is superior or inferior, it's all about equality nowadays. Women in many ways are stronger than men because of all the emotional and physical pain and stress we have to go through in life.

Behind every successful man there is a woman. ;-)

Muzy
7th February 2005, 01:54
lol omg im not taking any of this personally... its good that you have your own views i guess some people or rather guys are more intent on the fact that women have 'set' roles in life rather than thinking more above the horizon that they actually wana explore their lives with more gratatitude and equality.... you could go on and on about equal rights and sexism all day but it will not get any of us anywhere... of course its true that men seem to have the upper hand in life than women but saying stuff like pain in childbirth thats a bit out of the topic lolz i appreciate your opinions though....

Sage
7th February 2005, 01:58
Well Umar, we tried.

I guess we've got a tame one here. A shame really. ;-)

Schiller
7th February 2005, 02:02
besides its attitude like the one that muz has that makes you realise theyre inferior for sure waisay

Sage
7th February 2005, 02:03
Oh Muz, I think you have some dusty furniture that needs cleaning. Chop chop now. :oD

Schiller
7th February 2005, 02:03

Sage
7th February 2005, 02:07
A classic but a goodie:

Q: What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?

A: Nothing you haven't already told her twice.

*rimshot*

Schiller
7th February 2005, 02:08
:oD :oD :oD

what will these girls think of us refined men of taste :oD

Muzy
7th February 2005, 05:20
lol u jokerzz

Schiller
7th February 2005, 05:24
muz (may i call you muz?)

why dont you join the kids thread? im sure youd like it, if you dont, youll get a free taste of our viewpts
ha :-D

7th February 2005, 05:26
equal rights, all those years abroad
u seem to have lost it, hitman.

equal rights they say, my word
whatll they think of next!!!

The environment takes its toll ;-)

varsha
8th February 2005, 12:39
i really dont think its a matter of empowerment and why would men be uncomfortable with it? we are definitely in many wyas superior to thema nd I think its time that they stop questioning that
they can drive cars and jobs only if it helps the man, i htink thats the only way to look at it perhaps.

May be you meant it seriously, umar but that is just funny! :oD :oD :oD

Abdul Qadir 236
11th February 2005, 01:38
Varsha and Mona and Muzi are every bit as human I am, if not more!

darkarchon2
13th February 2005, 18:11
what do guys think about girls playing cricket in county n some international cricket??

I have no issues with women playing cricket, and if my sister asked about playing cricket, I would want her to "make her own decision" knowing full well that I would support her either way.

Why not try talking to your brothers ? Ask them how they would feel if they wanted to do something but were denied the permission. In other words, help them understand how much it hurts and how much you love them and need their support.

Muzy
13th February 2005, 23:15
yeh well i appreciate your advice darkarchon2 but my brothers - well its not as simple as asking them to put them in my position they think just because they are older they can do and say what they like yet they forget that i am growing up now and i can decide for my self whats best for me... well the chance has passed by for me to even play cricket now i dont even get time becoz of uni but i wanted to join a cricket club in my uni but found out there was no such club only badminton/rugby & football... lolz maybe i could start up my own club lol hahaha i think it would just be me in the team lolllllllllll

Saqlain_doosra
13th February 2005, 23:40
I though thus thread was about girls playing cricket. It's been hijacked like some other threads.

I think until girls are not fit and fast no will watch women cricket. Look at the pakistani cricekt team. Mopst of them will beat Inzi in food race

entralinks
13th February 2005, 23:42
We were playing that day in a close by ground, two girls came, and asked if we let them play with us. Panda farts in the face of extinction, we did. Now as they come to bowl, we walk towards batswoman as fielders, we keep walking until the limit is crossed. Now there we see instead of one ball, three balls. Maybe the balls are short ones, right on the chest. We are surprised yes, even after the batswoman plays the shot, two of the balls remain there. Well then why not catch them before they touch the ground, one said. As he dives to do so, the doctor says the jaw is broken, will be healed in month or two, nothing to worry about.

Saqlain_doosra
13th February 2005, 23:48
We were playing that day in a close by ground, two girls came, and asked if we let them play with us. Panda farts in the face of extinction, we did. Now as they come to bowl, we walk towards batswoman as fielders, we keep walking until the limit is crossed. Now there we see instead of one ball, three balls. Maybe the balls are short ones, right on the chest. We are surprised yes, even after the batswoman plays the shot, two of the balls remain there. Well then why not catch them before they touch the ground, one said. As he dives to do so, the doctor says the jaw is broken, will be healed in month or two, nothing to worry about.

:oD :oD :oD

Entra i'ts sexist mate. Watch out ofr all the girls coming after you now

Muzy
14th February 2005, 00:01
is that all you can think about girls chest as two balls you should be ashamed of your self
**goes an smacks entra on the face** now that felt better

entralinks
14th February 2005, 00:08
I never meant what you think Muzy. :-D

And the thing about getting smacked on the face, not the first time. Here ... http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/66.gif

|-A

Saqlain_doosra
14th February 2005, 04:21
Muizy do play cricket. Entra your pushing you luck man.

14th February 2005, 06:59
How dare you Entra?

Sage
14th February 2005, 11:25
Entra

Most women cricketers have the physique of a cricket ball.

Officer Barbrady
14th February 2005, 11:27

Muzy
15th February 2005, 01:09
i use to but i havent played for like 3 years now and i wished that i could but i cant find no clubs that play near my uni... im thinking of telling my student union to start one if any girls are interested... the guys at uni heard me saying this and caused havoc n laughed there bloody balls off what idiots!!! i remember i had a match with some guys at this park i use to go a few years back they were playing a match and they saw me playing with some of my mates and they invited us to play with them mixed in their team... so i thought why not... firstly they judged us by being girls so they thought we wouldnt win... they put me in the shall we say 'crap' team and my two other mates just to field in the stronger side... so i thought fine i dont mind playing a couple of tricks to them... they were making us field by purpose... then i told the captain that i wantd to have a go at bowling and he just looked at me and said 'well go ahead and make a fool of your self' and i said 'well you wouldnt have invited us to play with you for a while if you thought we were crap so let me show you what us girls CAN do' and then he shutup coz his mates were laughing.... we were obviously loosing by odd 30 runs or so... they had 3 wickets in hand... and the captain had no option but to let me bowl!!! HAHAHA he had it coming i got two wickets in one over - one clean bowled which was soooooooooooo wicked the second ball was a ball that the idiot hit to slip and my mate catched it HAHAHAHA we were laughing our heads off... then we ended up winning the match which was so cool coz the guy that was peeing me off was my team's captain and just shaked my hand and said '... not bad cricket for a girl' what an idiot.... he couldnt take it that i actually lifted the game and won it for his side when they were loosing hahahah such good memories...

Abdul Qadir 236
15th February 2005, 01:44
well done miss malik
mashallah
shabaash

Sage
15th February 2005, 01:59
For my dear Muz:

http://www.larc.uci.edu/lewc/Symbol1.jpg

Sage
15th February 2005, 02:02
Just read your post Muzy (after taking a few Tylenol breaks of course),

it definitely seemed like a "wicked" experience

thats a big reason why a lot of guys don't want to play sports with girls; they're deathly afraid of being embarrassed

entralinks
15th February 2005, 06:24
http://members.aol.com/browrob549/sf/girlpower.gif

Muzy
15th February 2005, 15:37
erm sage what is that you have given me ?? lolz well i didnt want to emabrass them if they behaved with us like cricketers and not just girls then i wouldnt have been rude to them but they had it coming... but i think when i did play with guys it was a really fun experience coz you get to play some real hard cricket... no offence to girls but when i played at school some of the girls didnt play like a proper game they just played like it was some sort of joke... lolz hahaha girl power... i dont think il ever play cricket like i use to but i will continue to support PAKISTAN and keep watching cricket as much as i can... peace out

entralinks
15th February 2005, 23:41
erm sage what is that you have given me ??

It should have been gone off by now. Lucky you that I deactivated it on time. http://members.aol.com/browrob549/sf/ymca.gif

Gasherbrum
16th February 2005, 04:20
yeah well screw all o y'all.
my daughter, who incidentally is not born (or even conceived) yet will captain Pakistan one day, and i will squeeze free tickets to the mens test matches off of her for the rest of my life.
unless, ofcourse, my son can play for pakistan first ... then she can marry some millionaire and make us all rich...

razzler
16th February 2005, 04:44

:-D :oD :oD

16th February 2005, 08:23

I must say this is sexist and not funny |-E

sajjad
16th February 2005, 10:39
yeah well screw all o y'all.
my daughter, who incidentally is not born (or even conceived) yet will captain Pakistan one day, and i will squeeze free tickets to the mens test matches off of her for the rest of my life.
unless, ofcourse, my son can play for pakistan first ... then she can marry some millionaire and make us all rich...

hahaha....oh incase ur daughter to be becomes the pakistani captain. i wud like to ask her hand in marriage for my son to be (not born and not yet concieved either) this way ill also get the free tickets...

hows that for an example of arranged marriage...hehe!

entralinks
17th February 2005, 05:16
I must say this is sexist and not funny |-E

http://members.aol.com/browrob549/sf/gy.gif

17th February 2005, 05:34

Schiller
17th February 2005, 10:55
Girls true freedom lies in the imprisonment of the housewalls

the outside world is not for them and they should realise that by now after roughly 3 decades of public fornication of sorts

varsha
17th February 2005, 22:10
So Umar, according to you what should women do? Explain what they should do from when they were little to when they are old.....according to you

entralinks
18th February 2005, 01:45
varsha, hundreds of options, now its up to them what they choose. For example ...

http://members.aol.com/browrob549/emo/chores003.gif

http://members.aol.com/browrob549/emo/chores007.gif

http://members.aol.com/browrob549/emo/chores009.gif

http://members.aol.com/browrob549/emo/chores011.gif

http://members.aol.com/browrob549/emo/chores012.gif

... the oppurtunities are available as never before, thanks to the men, the rule, the law. :?d

Abdul Qadir 236
18th February 2005, 01:48
LOL

Officer Barbrady
18th February 2005, 03:40
entra :oD |-U

Sage
18th February 2005, 04:04
A washing machine?!
Entra mate, you're much too soft.
Don't let them outsource their job to a machine.

Schiller
18th February 2005, 04:14
:oD sage

V as I see it women should try to figure out what the men want and then what they need and finally if they have idle time they should ponder on their past and hang their head in shame

Officer Barbrady
18th February 2005, 04:22

Schiller
18th February 2005, 04:25
As they say
a woman is a woman but a good cigar is smoke

that should I think inform women of their place in life.
a woman is worth a few good poems and after that its about the next woman you see

and if you think i am joking, i assure you that id rather attend a hoe down then lie to you

18th February 2005, 05:33

entralinks
18th February 2005, 05:36
:oD :oD :oD @ Sage & Schiller

Varsha bibi, tusi aurataa'n ghaar day kum shum samalo, tuwano bahr di dunya di kay khabar. Zamana buhta kharab haiga, tuwaadi behteri isi wich ae kay tusi sanu marda nay bachiya nu koi dood shood, makhan shakhan, lassi shassi pilayo, saadi jaan barayo, aakhir ae sab jaan shaan tuwaday kum ee ayegi, is aur kidhar jaarha?

18th February 2005, 05:39
:oD @ entra

razzler
18th February 2005, 05:42
varsha, hundreds of options, now its up to them what they choose. For example ...

http://members.aol.com/browrob549/emo/chores003.gif

http://members.aol.com/browrob549/emo/chores007.gif

http://members.aol.com/browrob549/emo/chores009.gif

http://members.aol.com/browrob549/emo/chores011.gif

http://members.aol.com/browrob549/emo/chores012.gif

... the oppurtunities are available as never before, thanks to the men, the rule, the law. :?d

|-H :oD :oD :oD

Officer Barbrady
18th February 2005, 05:42

Waqar's inswinging yorker
18th February 2005, 09:09
u talked about women's rugby and women's footy - well they are boring - u dont see same competitive spirit i feel - rugb especially in ruck situations and mauls are so poor. Although im all for equal opportunity but certain sports i dont see that way e.g rugby

Muzy
21st February 2005, 17:47
bloody heck mate.... why do you HAVE to stereotype a girl to a housewife?? whats wrong with a girl wanting to broaden her horizons... everyones entitled to some fun dont matter what gender you are.... i really despise guys that think that girls are just meant for the house yeh rite.... well lissen up guys the world is changing rapidly... you should try doing the work us girls gota do then we'l see how you like it.... just coz sum guys think they are inferior to us girls dont mean that we are just gona twiddle our thumbs and lissen to what you want us to do... some of you are really pathetic and dont give a toss about other people's feelings regardless to their race, gender etc...

Assara K
21st February 2005, 17:54
Mis Shoaib Malik do u play cricket for any girls team?

in my school there is only a girls cricket team which took me a couple of months to set cos of teachers sayin no girls would be interested!

i proved them wrong!

entralinks
21st February 2005, 21:40
bloody heck mate.... why do you HAVE to stereotype a girl to a housewife?? whats wrong with a girl wanting to broaden her horizons... everyones entitled to some fun dont matter what gender you are.... i really despise guys that think that girls are just meant for the house yeh rite.... well lissen up guys the world is changing rapidly... you should try doing the work us girls gota do then we'l see how you like it.... just coz sum guys think they are inferior to us girls dont mean that we are just gona twiddle our thumbs and lissen to what you want us to do... some of you are really pathetic and dont give a toss about other people's feelings regardless to their race, gender etc...

Ok but have you ironed my underpants I gave you? If yes, hang them by the bathroom lock, I'll get them, cheers.

Sage
22nd February 2005, 03:03
whats wrong with a girl wanting to broaden her horizons...

Women cricketers are very good at doing this ;-)

Muz, don't take any of this banter to heart. |-S

Schiller
22nd February 2005, 03:25
"Women cricketers are very good at doing this "

"Muz, don't take any of this banter to heart."

no no please do, i for one believe all that I wrote, i think the female gender should not be confined to the horizons of this outside world. if not anything else then for the sake of avoiding boredom perhaps

Itachi
30th April 2012, 03:34
Sounds like PP had so many female posters in earlier days.... to be balanced, a forum needs some female posters to say the least....

I guess OP now can play cricket without any permission ;-)