PDA

View Full Version : Shock exit contenders

SamNJ
14th June 2018, 13:52
Like every world cup there are a team or two who will have shocking first round exits.
England and Russia(depends whether you see it as shock) for me.
What are yours ?

Arham_PakFan
14th June 2018, 17:37
Spain
England
Belgium
Portugal

nextover666666
14th June 2018, 23:14
Portugal, if Croatia and Nigeria can pull an upset than Argentina as well

Hasan123
15th June 2018, 17:47
Wouldn't be surprised if Portugal or Argentina were eliminated at the group stage but I think they will get through.

MenInG
16th June 2018, 13:25
Wouldn't be surprised if Portugal or Argentina were eliminated at the group stage but I think they will get through.

not Portugal after last night

Hasan123
17th June 2018, 02:18
not Portugal after last night

Said they would get through anyway.

hashimafzal
17th June 2018, 17:13
To be honest though if Iran can secure a point off either Portugal or Spain, I could see them making a case to advance to the second round.

TeymurBlake
17th June 2018, 23:23
Germany. I really think Germany could be knocked out of the group. Specially with the way Mexico played.

Arham_PakFan
18th June 2018, 00:24
Germany have had a pretty terrible start.Their defence was shocking.A better team than Mexico would have scored more goals on the counter.

proud_pakistani
18th June 2018, 16:19
My favorites to win at the start of the tournament have been Brazil and France. A lot of my mates have debated about Germany but I feel they are not the same team. Not saying this because of yesterday but generally feel Germany have issues

1 - Neuer just coming back from injury. Ter Stegen should actually be starting who has had a phenomenal season.

2 - Ageing defenders in Hummels and Boateng. Boateng hasnt had the best season.

3 - Draxler has barely played this season with PSG. Not sure how big an impact he will be able to make. Surprising taking that into consideration Loew did not take Leroy Sane.

4 - Inexperience of Timo Werner in comparison to Klose. Klose has been as important to Germany over the years as Ronaldo was to Brazil. Can't see Werner scoring as many goals as Klose and sometimes in this team its hard to see where the goals will come from besides Muller.

Arham_PakFan
18th June 2018, 18:38
This WC is wide open.None of the stronger teams have impressed.
Spain,Argentina and Brazil drew while GER lost

hadi123
19th June 2018, 20:27
Shock defeat for Colombia! It's gonna be hard for them now, Poland and Senegal won't be easy matches for the South Americans who have it all to do now.

hadi123
19th June 2018, 23:54
A shock defeat for Poland!

Junaids
20th June 2018, 11:06
Why were you shocked? Poland have been rubbish since Boniek retired thirty years ago!

Rayyman
20th June 2018, 11:48
Shock defeat for Colombia! It's gonna be hard for them now, Poland and Senegal won't be easy matches for the South Americans who have it all to do now.

Bro why are you calling these shock defeats? This is not Germany vs Bangladesh. These are all competitive football teams and all have quality players that give them a good chance to win. When the kick-off starts it's 0-0 and whoever plays better wins.

hadi123
20th June 2018, 15:12
Why were you shocked? Poland have been rubbish since Boniek retired thirty years ago!

Poland were still the favourites and people expected them to win

hadi123
20th June 2018, 15:13
Bro why are you calling these shock defeats? This is not Germany vs Bangladesh. These are all competitive football teams and all have quality players that give them a good chance to win. When the kick-off starts it's 0-0 and whoever plays better wins.

Yes but Japan were not expected to beat Colombia and Poland were also favourites against Senegal.

Saj
22nd June 2018, 03:43
Looks like Argentina might have to book a flight soon to Buenos Aires.

hadi123
28th June 2018, 17:14
Germany. I really think Germany could be knocked out of the group. Specially with the way Mexico played.

You called it! Although tbf that was after the Mexican game, if you predicted they'd be knocked out before Germany had even played a game, that would be impressive.

TeymurBlake
28th June 2018, 23:21
You called it! Although tbf that was after the Mexican game, if you predicted they'd be knocked out before Germany had even played a game, that would be impressive.

I actually predicted it before the tournament started but I mentioned here late. But yeah they just didn't seem that competitive in the first game. I think Germany thought it would be a walk in the park until the semi-final or final.

MenInG
29th June 2018, 03:17
Who would have thought!