PDA

View Full Version : Pper's from Lahore or Currently living in Lahore?

qasim722
28th September 2006, 17:46
Anyone ?

Nauman
28th September 2006, 17:50
Me

qasim722
28th September 2006, 17:52
Me
Do you belong to Lahore or just currently living here?

qasim722
28th September 2006, 17:53
PP is full of Uk members ,so i thought it will be good to figure out how many members belong to Lahore.

Nauman
28th September 2006, 17:57
I have lived most of my life in Islamabad so I always say I am from Islamabad but recently the whole family moved to Lahore (most of our relatives live here too) so yes currently I am living in Lahore.

qasim722
28th September 2006, 18:00
So where do you study?

I completed my Intermidiate from Government College University ,then passed my A-levels soon after that..........Now i am going for L.L.B(hons) from UCL.

Nauman
28th September 2006, 18:07
Hmm hopefully my college studies are over now, I gave my CA Inter exams this September so hoping Ill pass (Inshallah) after that it will be time for my articleship, which is more or less a 4 year long internship which pays peanuts. Did my A/O levels from Islamabad though.

qasim722
28th September 2006, 18:09
Best of Luck Nauman.

Anyone else from Lahore?

ziggy
28th September 2006, 18:44
I'm not from Lahore and don't live in Lahore, just thought i'd let you know

z10
28th September 2006, 20:15
am from lahore

Kashif
28th September 2006, 20:20
I'm not from Lahore and don't live in Lahore, just thought i'd let you know

More reason to visit the great city of Lahore! :)

I lived in this great cultural city for 3 years when I was studying for my GCSEs in Beaconhouse College (Gulberg).

qasim722
28th September 2006, 21:07
am from lahore
Still living there ?

z10
28th September 2006, 21:08
Still living there ?

no, live in london. Have family there though, in Johar Town.

qasim722
28th September 2006, 21:09
More reason to visit the great city of Lahore! :)

I lived in this great cultural city for 3 years when I was studying for my GCSEs in Beaconhouse College (Gulberg).
Beaconhouse is pioneer of QUALITY English medium schools in Pakistan.Now there are many .

qasim722
28th September 2006, 21:10
no, live in london. Have family there though, in Johar Town.

ahaa
I am from Johar town too, :)

suhaib
28th September 2006, 21:58
i live in london, but from cavlary ground,

qasim722
28th September 2006, 22:25
i live in london, but from cavlary ground,
Its a very nice Area near DHA.

Toony™®
28th September 2006, 22:39
i am from lahore i suppose..all originate from there... on my dads side...

dont ask me where exactly..dunno...
except my grandfathers place is in old lahore off nicholson road...5min walk from main station.

although most of family has split to the newer districts like model town,faisal town, township etc. and others to quetta.

mum's side is all over the place..karachi, islamabad, murree, wazirabad and gujranwala. Although mum was born in wazirabad and spent my childhood there on holiday visits.

Awesome Anjum
28th September 2006, 22:49
I'm from Lahore too.

smoothcriminal
28th September 2006, 23:21
I AM FROM LAHORE!!!!!!!!!! Currently living in Houston, but love Lahore so much that I go every winter and summer holidays. In summer I go for 2 months and in December I go for two weeks.. LAHORE IS MY LIFE!

qasim722
28th September 2006, 23:30
Lahore Rules...........

sneekysneeky
28th September 2006, 23:41
lived in Lahore for more than a year...

Grasshopper
29th September 2006, 14:26
where is this place? :26:

UJ
29th September 2006, 14:35
Lahore Rules...........
So I've heard

Unfortunately, I've never been :(

Pathan007
29th September 2006, 14:37
where is this place? :26:Minar-e-Pakistan or some wagah border :28:

Easa
29th September 2006, 14:52
I am from Lahore, as well.

Amir_rulez
29th September 2006, 16:32
Been there once 12 yrs ago. Do not wish or desire to visit there again, unless necessarily have to.

Grasshopper
29th September 2006, 18:23
Been there once 12 yrs ago. Do not wish or desire to visit there again, unless necessarily have to.

Because its very close to the border? :D

Daoud
29th September 2006, 18:28
My Phupo and a Chacha live there (in the Cavalry Ground area) and my dad lived there for some part of his life.

qasim722
29th September 2006, 18:54
I am from Lahore, as well.
So when did you shift in Kuwait?

ziggy
29th September 2006, 19:16
Lahore is very over-rated..mainly by lahoris

Shoaib Akhtar's Fan
29th September 2006, 19:23
I did live in Lahore for almost 3 years.. am now in Karachi. However do sometimes visit my grandparents there who live in cavalry ground.

Easa
29th September 2006, 19:24
So when did you shift in Kuwait?

Lived all my life in Kuwait but was born in Islamabad. I am Lahori, though.

Daoud
29th September 2006, 19:25
No comments like your 'whats a Karachi' about Lahore?

ziggy
29th September 2006, 19:31
No comments like your 'whats a Karachi' about Lahore?

I'm not totally ignorant you know..i know a lahore is a village in pakistan

Gasherbrum
29th September 2006, 19:31
the problem with Lahore is the Lahoris, who tend to be from the province of Punjab in Pakistan.

being loud and obnoxious is considered a pleasant trait. while i personally find it fascinating, other bhayye just can't get a handle on such joie de vivre.

(chal bhai khan sahab, bistar baandh aur bhag bey aaya toofaan).

Invictus
29th September 2006, 19:51

:))) :))) its funny coz its true :))) :)))

Disclaimer : The above mentioned statement does not, in any shape or form, reflects the views and thoughts of the poster on the good people of Lahore and the areas and territories surrounding it.

ziggy
29th September 2006, 20:10
Disclaim all you like mate..the Lahori Mafia is not gonna take kindly to you making fun of them just becuase they are slightly loud and eat off the streets and can't read...actually you'll get away with it unless someone else reads out your post to them

Nauman
29th September 2006, 20:31
the problem with Lahore is the Lahoris, who tend to be from the province of Punjab in Pakistan.

being loud and obnoxious is considered a pleasant trait.
Got to agree with this, and for this reason alone I hate this place. Why did I leave the peacefull Islamabad.

robosapien
29th September 2006, 20:52
the thing i like abt lahore is that it has something for everyone. many ppl just talk abt food, culture, basant and (obnoxious) loudness as gasher mentioned but the lahore i know has a very creative environment for art and literature.

qasim722
29th September 2006, 20:58
I think most of the ppers from Lahore belongs to "Cavalary Ground".

qasim722
29th September 2006, 20:59
Got to agree with this, and for this reason alone I hate this place. Why did I leave the peacefull Islamabad.
I have a friend in Islamabad who have exactly the opposite feelings.

Invictus
29th September 2006, 21:18
Disclaim all you like mate..the Lahori Mafia is not gonna take kindly to you making fun of them just becuase they are slightly loud and eat off the streets and can't read...actually you'll get away with it unless someone else reads out your post to them

Dammit. Look what you did Zigvinder now I gotta fire my lawyer.

octavian
29th September 2006, 22:20
i am from the greatest city in Pakistan i.e Lahore. dont live there anymore but still love the place

suhaib
29th September 2006, 22:25

being loud and obnoxious is considered a pleasant trait. while i personally find it fascinating, other bhayye just can't get a handle on such joie de vivre.

(chal bhai khan sahab, bistar baandh aur bhag bey aaya toofaan).

they are loud yea, but obnoxious, no way.

suhaib
29th September 2006, 22:29
I have a friend in Islamabad who have exactly the opposite feelings.

i think most islamabadis prefer lahore over islm, there have been alot of them who have shifted here and come lahore for studys/

Lahore is the dil of pakistan and will always be,

btw, islamabad is not peaceful, it is dead :)

octavian
29th September 2006, 22:40
i think most islamabadis prefer lahore over islm, there have been alot of them who have shifted here and come lahore for studys/

Lahore is the dil of pakistan and will always be,

btw, islamabad is not peaceful, it is dead :)

:)) :)) so true

z10
29th September 2006, 22:41
isl is waisay a ghost town

lahore lahore hay!

octavian
29th September 2006, 22:43
islamabad has a long way to go as a true city

Easa
29th September 2006, 22:43

lahore lahore hay!

True that!

qasim722
29th September 2006, 22:45
Stop fighting guys,

"Sab se pehley Pakistan". :D

robosapien
29th September 2006, 23:03
islamabad has a long way to go as a true city

a writer from pindi once wrote a story about a city where birds don't come.
u'll hardly find any bird there except crows.

cinderella
29th September 2006, 23:08
Isl isn't dead......it's not as alive as Lahore. Maybe you have to be a native to really appreciate Isl.
I like both places actually, but if I had to pick where to live, Isl would def win.

octavian
29th September 2006, 23:10
a writer from pindi once wrote a story about a city where birds don't come.
u'll hardly find any bird there except crows.

even the birds know it :D

Grasshopper
29th September 2006, 23:53

lahore lahore hay!

yeah too many ghosts there.All of them gather at a big hall everyday known as muqanna by some ppl.Dont go there ever..........or they'll be found out. :|

cornelius
3rd October 2006, 08:43
nice to see so many people from lahore!!!!man i love that city, lived there for 18 years before i left for canada, sigh ill go back home soon, inshAllah, love it yar....cant wait to go next summer inshAllah.

Monsee
3rd October 2006, 15:52
I think most of the ppers from Lahore belongs to "Cavalary Ground".

It's Cavalry Ground not Cavalary Ground :D

I moved there when there was only Old Cavalry ground...there was no Extension or that Commercial area built yet; bridge came even later (Been in the USA for the last oh many years and miss the enigma and magnetism that Lahore is)

Although, after finding out that a great personality like Bradman has lived there, I am feeling really humbled :21:

cornelius
4th October 2006, 00:18
It's Cavalry Ground not Cavalary Ground :D

I moved there when there was only Old Cavalry ground...there was no Extension or that Commercial area built yet; bridge came even later (Been in the USA for the last oh many years and miss the enigma and magnetism that Lahore is)

Although, after finding out that a great personality like Bradman has lived there, I am feeling really humbled :21:

bradman has lived there?care to elaborate monsee bro?

z10
4th October 2006, 00:19
i miss lahore :(

Hash
4th October 2006, 00:26
Yeah. Bradman has a palace in Cavalry Ground.

I love Lahore......in my top three great cities of the world along with London and Bangkok. You can get absolutely anything you want there plus more. What more can you ask?

My father's mother was originally from Gujranwala (though she moved to Lahore after marriage) but the rest of my family are Lahorites. Most of them live in Model Town.