PDA

View Full Version : Indian Muslim MP condemns India; compares Kashmir to West Bank

Pakistanian
10th August 2019, 00:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w4jGiwz4eI

Red Devil
10th August 2019, 00:50
I fear for this guy's safety now tbh.

troodon
10th August 2019, 00:55

He is a thug from Hyderabad. He has nothing to fear.

Extra_Cover
10th August 2019, 00:58
Regardless of religion no one on moral ground would support what is happening in West Bank. By the same logic if forceful occupation of Kashmiri land is done then no human being would support it regardless of religion.

rhony
10th August 2019, 00:59

He's a sane voice. Speeches are smart and to the point. He will never attract the wrath of Sanghis because he has a record of vocal support for India against Pakistan in public forums. Also, here he has a legitimate demand of ending the curfiew. He isn't making a noise about 370. I always thought it's weird that India doesn't have a Muslim national party. If there is one, this could be the guy who can head it.

CricketCartoons
10th August 2019, 01:08

He is anything but a thug. In an ideal world, should be the PM.

troodon
10th August 2019, 01:13
He is anything but a thug. In an ideal world, should be the PM.

Good joke. He along with his dad and brother have polarized old city Hyderabad into Us vs Them and set the muslim community back decades in Telengana.

Manunited18
10th August 2019, 03:31
Good joke. He along with his dad and brother have polarized old city Hyderabad into Us vs Them and set the muslim community back decades in Telengana.

Lol, he seriously can't be worse than " chai Wala" forvthe butcher of gujraat

KingKhanWC
10th August 2019, 04:03
Good to see. He has a very valid point, Eid is in a few days, so will the fascist government of India allow people to celebrate their holy day?

Napa
10th August 2019, 05:02
He's a sane voice. Speeches are smart and to the point. He will never attract the wrath of Sanghis because he has a record of vocal support for India against Pakistan in public forums. Also, here he has a legitimate demand of ending the curfiew. He isn't making a noise about 370. <b>I always thought it's weird that India doesn't have a Muslim national party.</b> If there is one, this could be the guy who can head it.

There are some regions in India where Muslims are a large percentage of the population, for example Kashmir, Kerala, Hyderabad etc. A Muslim National Party could win in such regions, especially in alliance with other parties. So why does a Muslim National Party not exist?

For the same reason Indian politics over the last few decades has seen the rise of regional parties. For a national party to exist, the different powerful politicians need to come together and agree to share power. That is difficult to achieve and soon leads to fights followed by a breakup.

Among the national parties, Congress holds together because it is a dictatorship. BJP holds together because it has an ideology (which you may or may not like). CPM holds together because it has an ideology (which you may or may not like), though the voters cannot make sense of the Marxist-Leninist line they spout.

rhony
10th August 2019, 05:10
There are some regions in India where Muslims are a large percentage of the population, for example Kashmir, Kerala, Hyderabad etc. A Muslim National Party could win in such regions, especially in alliance with other parties. So why does a Muslim National Party not exist?

For the same reason Indian politics over the last few decades has seen the rise of regional parties. For a national party to exist, the different powerful politicians need to come together and agree to share power. That is difficult to achieve and soon leads to fights followed by a breakup.

Among the national parties, Congress holds together because it is a dictatorship. BJP holds together because it has an ideology (which you may or may not like). CPM holds together because it has an ideology (which you may or may not like), though the voters cannot make sense of the Marxist-Leninist line they spout.

What is the other Muslim party that doesn't agree with Owaisi. I always thought, Muslims wanted to be part of vote banks of main stream parties instead of building their own. With 200 mil population one would assume they would demand appropriate representation.

KingKhanWC
10th August 2019, 05:17
India are trying to make the situation as the west bank, with perhaps good tips from the Zionist friends.

The difference is India has nearly 200 million Muslims. Its a ticking time bomb of ethnic violence. So far many Indian Muslims have stayed quiet but it's just a matter of time before they change their attitudes to the state if the BJP continue to keep power.

They can send robots to Mars but wont be able to deal with religous unrest if it becomes serious in the future.

Napa
10th August 2019, 05:47
What is the other Muslim party that doesn't agree with Owaisi. I always thought, Muslims wanted to be part of vote banks of main stream parties instead of building their own. With 200 mil population one would assume they would demand appropriate representation.

I think the "Muslim vote bank" goes with the influential local Muslim leader or a local Hindu leader who has done something to get their votes (like Mamata or Mulayam). The local Muslim leaders are able to deliver some votes to whichever party they align with, and in return get a share of power. Muslims do have representation, their vote is quite eagerly sought by leaders like Mamata, Mulayam, Laloo, Congress in Kerala etc. and when these alliances win Muslims get some of the top positions.

It is not a question of whether they will be able to agree with Owaisi or not, the question is whether they will be able to share power?

rhony
10th August 2019, 06:16
I think the "Muslim vote bank" goes with the influential local Muslim leader or a local Hindu leader who has done something to get their votes (like Mamata or Mulayam). The local Muslim leaders are able to deliver some votes to whichever party they align with, and in return get a share of power. Muslims do have representation, their vote is quite eagerly sought by leaders like Mamata, Mulayam, Laloo, Congress in Kerala etc. and when these alliances win Muslims get some of the top positions.

It is not a question of whether they will be able to agree with Owaisi or not, the question is whether they will be able to share power?

Good to know. When I say representation I mean Muslim leaders in parliament.

pillionrider
10th August 2019, 19:39
He is an intellectual who knows the Constitution in and out apart from all the laws of the land. He has nothing to fear because he is a proud Indian Muslim, not because he is from Hyderabad.

Enjoyed the way he responded to some BJP MPs chanting Bharat mata ki Jai while he was taking oath.

Also the only guy I've seen engage Subramaniam Swamy in a debate and not get talked down to by the full-of-himself swamy.

jadaja
10th August 2019, 19:45
This guy comes from a family who have made old Hyderabad city into their personal property.This guy is rogue of first water and has been instrumental in inciting communal violence in Hyderbad for years.

People like him are bane for free India , I don't mind his view point on 370, he is certainly entitled to have his opinion.

msaaim89
10th August 2019, 20:44
India are trying to make the situation as the west bank, with perhaps good tips from the Zionist friends.

The difference is India has nearly 200 million Muslims. Its a ticking time bomb of ethnic violence. So far many Indian Muslims have stayed quiet but it's just a matter of time before they change their attitudes to the state if the BJP continue to keep power.

They can send robots to Mars but wont be able to deal with religous unrest if it becomes serious in the future.

You know it kind of reminds you of the Austro-Hungarian empire.

Napa
11th August 2019, 03:28
Good to know. When I say representation I mean Muslim leaders in parliament.

The BJP does not have any Muslim member of Parliaments. They had 7 candidates for the elections to the Lok Sabha (the equivalent of the House of Commons), but they all lost.

26 out of 185 Opposition MPs are Muslim, which is about the same percentage as their percentage in the Indian population (14%).

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/indian-elections-muslim-numbers-marginally-better/1488448

In a future elections where the BJP loses its majority and the Opposition wins more seats we are likely to see an increase in the absolute numbers of Muslim MPs.