PDA

View Full Version : buying a cell phone

Aurangzeb
6th January 2007, 03:20
I finally got out of a contract i was trapped in for 6 years...those losers at rogers kept renewing it over and over again...i found out my contract was expired and i cancelled it...thank goodness...the woman on the other line tried her hardest to follow the company line by rattling down new deals...i would have none of it...and now i'm free...

which brings me to my second point...i want to buy a phone with a pay as you go plan...i vow never to go back to contracts again...anyone know what's a good deal because pay as you go plans have different rates depending on the service provider...bell, fido, virgin?...

i've heard you can get phones off ebay with the sim cards but how does that work?...i mean, how do you get the service provider for something you buy independently?...

any pointers would be appreciated..

Easa
6th January 2007, 17:41
what kind of phone do you want? does brand matter to you? camera?

Salman
6th January 2007, 22:04
Is it true that you lot in the states can't buy a phone sim free off the shelf, it has to be purchased from the provider?

If you were in the UK you could pick up a SE K800i or Samsung D900 (the ones to get) for about under 300 and a live pay as you go sim on the network of your choice from one of the arabs in the local market for about 3.

Aurangzeb
7th January 2007, 01:09
what kind of phone do you want? does brand matter to you? camera?

i could care less about the features...they're all money making scams...i just want something basic...will go to the mall today to check some out...

Aurangzeb
7th January 2007, 01:10
Is it true that you lot in the states can't buy a phone sim free off the shelf, it has to be purchased from the provider?

If you were in the UK you could pick up a SE K800i or Samsung D900 (the ones to get) for about under 300 and a live pay as you go sim on the network of your choice from one of the arabs in the local market for about 3.

i don't live in the states...so i wouldn't know...in canada i think it can be done but not sure...