PDA

View Full Version : firqawariat- sectariaism among Muslims - how can we ever succeed?

MIG
4th October 2007, 00:56
Makes me angry and sad - every Ramadan - the Shias and Sunnis doing their own thing - trying to look down upon each others practices of worship

This is a very small example of the perils of sectranianism among Muslims - but I have always wondered why ALLAH made such firqas?

We have been told that we have been made in different colours and shapes and the best amongst us is the one who is the most pious - but in creation of these multitudes of peoples, the word pious has been removed and the word righteous invented !

May ALLAH help the Muslims to recognize the differences and to live together - Ameen

Saj
4th October 2007, 01:53
You know something MIG. My cousins live in a small town in the North East of England, with a few hundred muslim families in that town.

Believe it or not, there are 3 mosques in that town due to in fighting, politics, differing views on Islam.

Zechariah
4th October 2007, 01:55
Only if we could all agree on the one thing - Holy Quran

we wouldnt have this firqawaraniat

Disco_Lemonade
4th October 2007, 02:10
MIG, i think the word is firqawariat.

MIG
5th October 2007, 00:10
MIG, i think the word is firqawariat.

I stand corrected - apologies !

foojam
5th October 2007, 05:40
diversity in anything is good

mamoo gogo
5th October 2007, 06:51
so just wondering...does only Shias/Sunni's split anger you...or would you include other groups like Qadiani, Ismailis, and Bohris in there as well?

MIG
5th October 2007, 12:08
Good point - but I aim my anger at the 2 largest sects...

We cant celebrate Eid together nor break a fast together - how odd !!

aussie-pak
5th October 2007, 13:59
i never understood this shia/sunni stuff. whats teh difference? LOL dont they believe in 1 god, all the prophets, pray the same way etc

MIG
5th October 2007, 14:14
There are too many differences - we have quite a few threads on this.

Point is that, in todays world, why can these sects ( or their leaders) come to an understanding that lets them project a united front ?