PDA

View Full Version : No Comment

MIG
18th October 2007, 15:07
Bhutto has arrived in Pak - with thousands welcoming her on the streets - Pakistan are being thrashed around in cricket.

No comment is the best answer to this - just sit in a corner and cry, I think.

No comment indeed !

Asim2Good
18th October 2007, 15:33
open your eyes barray mian, she is leader which Pakistan need at moment.

Disco_Lemonade
18th October 2007, 15:50
wasnt musharraf the leader we needed badly 9 years ago? good to see he took us to the point where we are one of the top 10 failed countries in the world. lets see if we get to the top spot with benazir incharge or not.

18th October 2007, 15:55

u do realize what's happened here ... right ?

bhutto saw mushy was in a weak position ...

bhutto realized that she could use this to her own advantage..

so bhutto threatened to use her leverage with PPP to further destabalize mushy ... unless mushy gave her what she wanted ...

and wat bhutto wanted was not to return the country to democracy ... oh no ... all she was after was having the corruption charges against her dropped so she could come back to pak.

and that's the real story my friend.

ugly world we live in .... right ?

Asim2Good
18th October 2007, 15:59
wasnt musharraf the leader we needed badly 9 years ago? good to see he took us to the point where we are one of the top 10 failed countries in the world. lets see if we get to the top spot with benazir incharge or not.

that was 9 years ago mate, I am talking abt today

Asim2Good
18th October 2007, 16:02
btw what will b slogans today on roads of Karachi >?

FAM
18th October 2007, 16:08
Benazir ahe gee. Loot maar machahe gee.

Disco_Lemonade
18th October 2007, 16:21
Gali Gali mein Shor hai.. Benazir Chor hai!

Fawad
18th October 2007, 17:00
Anyone who supports Benazir or PPP for that matter is a ******.

Oxy
18th October 2007, 17:00
I have this 'uncle' - he was a huge Benazir fan in the 80s when he was 20 and she was his dream.

20 years on - she is 60 , and hes 45, but he still has the same dreams about her.

He went to PAk last week to 'meet up' with her! He left the kids and his wife at home for this 'educational trp'.

Most people are aware of her background - her beliefs - her history...but thats what they want.

And thats what they will deserve!

MIG
18th October 2007, 17:01
Is even worse watching "aam log" come out on the streets and celebrating her return - and no I dont think they have been paid money either !

If people have such short memories then why blame Musharaf ? ( The idiot he is - I have lost all faith in him but not the army) Chances are, if Musharraf comes back from Vietnam, where he will be shortly exiled, he will get a bigger reception !

MIG
18th October 2007, 17:08
And the BBC reports:

Huge crowds greet Bhutto return

The streets from the airport are packed with people

Enlarge Image

Pakistan's ex-Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto has boarded an open-top bus to begin a triumphant procession from Karachi airport to the city centre.
Hundreds of thousands of people are packing the streets, hoping for a glimpse of Ms Bhutto, who has returned from eight years of self-imposed exile.

She is set to hold power-sharing talks with President Pervez Musharraf, which could see her becoming PM again.

There is a huge security presence amid Islamist assassination threats.

I could not believe that this day that I have counted the hours, the minutes, the months and the years to, had finally arrived

Ms Bhutto was accompanied on the flight from Dubai by about 100 members of her Pakistan People's Party (PPP).

At least 200,000 people have turned out to greet her in Karachi, lining the 6km (four mile) route from the airport into the city.

Ms Bhutto is travelling in convoy to the tomb of Pakistan's founding father, Mohammed Ali Jinnah, where she plans to make a speech.

"It's an extremely moving and emotional moment for me," Ms Bhutto told the BBC after her arrival in Karachi, Pakistan's largest city.

"I was looking forward to it for so long, and when I actually landed here I was overcome with my emotions. I could not believe that this day that I have counted the hours, the minutes, the months and the years to, had finally arrived."

The BBC's Syed Shoaib Hasan in Karachi says many people are dressed in the red, black and green colours of Ms Bhutto's PPP party and there is a carnival atmosphere, with music playing and food stalls in place.

Enduring popularity

The size of the crowd on the streets means her convoy is making very slow progress, often being forced to stop entirely as cheering supporters surge forward.

When she first stepped onto Pakistani soil at Karachi airport Ms Bhutto was overcome with emotion and burst into tears, but now she is standing at the front of the vehicle waving and smiling to the crowds below.

KEY DATES
06 Oct: Presidential polls held
17 Oct: Supreme Court resumes hearing challenges to Musharraf candidacy
18 Oct: Benazir Bhutto's homecoming
15 Nov: Parliamentary term ends and general election must be held by mid-January

Flying into uncertainty

Many of them have been bussed in from outlying areas by Ms Bhutto's PPP - a show of organisational strength which the ex-prime minister hopes will boost her chances of a return to power, correspondents report.

The BBC's Damian Grammaticas, in Karachi, says that despite being away for eight years, Ms Bhutto is still enormously popular and enjoys great support, as a scion of Pakistan's pre-eminent political dynasty.

About 20,000 troops and police have been deployed in the city to oversee Ms Bhutto's arrival amid threats by Islamist militants to assassinate both her and Gen Musharraf.

Tackling extremists

Gen Musharraf had asked Ms Bhutto to delay her return until the Supreme Court decided whether he was eligible to serve as president for another term.

Gen Musharraf easily won a presidential vote on 6 October after opposition deputies in the national and provincial assemblies - which choose the president - either boycotted or abstained from the vote.

However, the Supreme Court said he could not be officially declared the winner until it had finished ruling on objections to his candidacy.

Ms Bhutto left the country soon after Gen Musharraf seized power in a coup.

Washington has backed a power-sharing deal with Gen Musharraf which would see Ms Bhutto becoming prime minister.

It has become increasingly concerned over the military's inability to defeat Islamist extremists and Gen Musharraf's rising unpopularity.

the Great Khan
18th October 2007, 17:24
and we get who we deserve!!....shaabash pakistan!!

MIG
18th October 2007, 17:33

some would say we had no choice...

Daoud
18th October 2007, 19:25
Exactly. If crowds of thousands line up celebrating Benezir's return then we do indeed deserve anyone we get. Stuff like that makes you lose any hope for the nation

midwicket
18th October 2007, 19:31
Exactly. If crowds of thousands line up celebrating Benezir's return then we do indeed deserve anyone we get. Stuff like that makes you lose any hope for the nation

An awful lot of the crowd were brought in by the party organisation. Apparantly prospective candidates for the PPP were told to bring large numbers of people along if they wanted a seat.

Toony™®
18th October 2007, 19:39

improvemment from top 5 or was it top 3, no? :D

Oxy
18th October 2007, 20:26
An awful lot of the crowd were brought in by the party organisation. Apparantly prospective candidates for the PPP were told to bring large numbers of people along if they wanted a seat.

Well that is just the start. The same people will round up t prospective voters...and she will probably win.

Like Ive been saying for a long time - the Pak public deserve whatever it gets with BB back to strip Pak for a 3rd time!

Disco_Lemonade
18th October 2007, 21:21
Well that is just the start. The same people will round up t prospective voters...and she will probably win.

Like Ive been saying for a long time - the Pak public deserve whatever it gets with BB back to strip Pak for a 3rd time!
a few thousands out of 200 million population coming in to welcome benzir doesnt mean people support her or ppp. didnt same amount of people gathered on may 12 in islamabad for pml-q and musharraf 'Jalsa'? does that mean they are popular? NO. well even i can get a similar reception if secret agencies, musharaf, washington, london, dubai and ISI support me :P

Sohaib
18th October 2007, 21:25
I'm sure had Nawaz Shareef or even Altaf Hussain been there in place of Benazir they might've got the same reception. I just think 75% of the people are time passing crowd. Karachi walo kay paas bohat foozool time hai lol :p :D Speaking from my experience! Could be wrong though! lol

Disco_Lemonade
18th October 2007, 21:33
I'm sure had Nawaz Shareef or even Altaf Hussain been there in place of Benazir they might've got the same reception. I just think 75% of the people are time passing crowd. Karachi walo kay paas bohat foozool time hai lol :p :D Speaking from my experience! Could be wrong though! lol
most of them are dancing lol, due to lack of clubs they dont miss any opportunity to show their dancing abilities :D

lahori
18th October 2007, 22:35
even before reading the contents of this thread I knew this would be about BB :)

Zeenix
18th October 2007, 23:11
At least she is a political leader, corrupt or no corrupt. And a few hundred thousand people from a country of 150+ Million isn't that big. The thing is that PPP planned it well. It also helped that Govt was accommodating, however one thing is for sure, PPP followers are more die hard then Nawaz Sharif or other political parties. Another thing which one has to give it to PPP is that PPP has support all over the country, unlike some other parties which are truly regional (including PML N)

Zeenix
18th October 2007, 23:13
BTW i will never vote for her, i loathe her but i believe its the People right to elect whoever they want to. We don't want ********, incompetent, morally and financially corrupt generals telling us who to elect

zushy_786
18th October 2007, 23:57
BTW i will never vote for her, i loathe her but i believe its the People right to elect whoever they want to. We don't want ********, incompetent, morally and financially corrupt generals telling us who to elect

Mmm...Interesting..So you would still vote for her if she comes back and instills corruption, leeches money to pay for her various palatial mansions, and implements a culture of stupidity ?

kablooee87
19th October 2007, 00:00
And I believe people should be held accountable, under law, for their crimes.

Zeenix
19th October 2007, 00:07
Mmm...Interesting..So you would still vote for her if she comes back and instills corruption, leeches money to pay for her various palatial mansions, and implements a culture of stupidity ?

I said I WOULD NEVER VOTE FOR HER. But the point is that I didn't need a general to be told that i shouldn't vote for her. Similary i want this for all the masses of Pakistan, the right to decide by themselves that who is good for them, not handpicked people by the establishment. Even this time if BB wins it would be because of the establishment which would be a pity because this will again deprive the masses of deciding who is going to lead them

Zeenix
19th October 2007, 00:08
And I believe people should be held accountable, under law, for their crimes.

Offcourse and no prize for guessing who has let her scott free.

zushy_786
19th October 2007, 00:23
I said I WOULD NEVER VOTE FOR HER. But the point is that I didn't need a general to be told that i shouldn't vote for her. Similary i want this for all the masses of Pakistan, the right to decide by themselves that who is good for them, not handpicked people by the establishment. Even this time if BB wins it would be because of the establishment which would be a pity because this will again deprive the masses of deciding who is going to lead them

If the Democratic process had worked in Pakistan, then I would agree with you there, but time and time again if you look at Pakistan's history, democratically elected have further damaged the country of Pakistan then helped it...You are also giving the masses in Pakistan too much credit, as most of them have been brainwashed or coerced into thinking BB is actually good for the country....

Islamabadi
19th October 2007, 00:41
someone shoot me or benazir please...i can't take it anymore......

filosofee
19th October 2007, 01:35
someone shoot me or benazir please...i can't take it anymore......

Okay, when & where? :)))

For 'no comment' there's plenty of views mostly good stuff about the true Benazir.

Islamabadi
19th October 2007, 01:43
now and in my head

filosofee
19th October 2007, 01:57
now and in my head

Done! Cyberly speaking.

Islamabadi
19th October 2007, 02:00
Done! Cyberly speaking.

still not dead.........stupid pakistan... i don't know why i love it... maybe i just love pain...

filosofee
19th October 2007, 02:03
still not dead.........stupid pakistan... i don't know why i love it... maybe i just love pain...

We love the country, it's the people in power we detest, and the people who believe them, that cause us dismay.

Oxy
19th October 2007, 02:39
In the past, a few of the opposition parties 'collaborated' to fend off BB's PPP.

Using lots of anti-PPP / Benazir (and her mother) propoganda (publish & distribute explicit posters and poetry etc) to get their message across.

Thing is - she aint that young....so I wonder what they'll try to do to discredit her...unless they re-hash all the old stuff again; and get her former Oxford chums to be as candid as in the past!

Oxy
19th October 2007, 02:44
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/OxyBhai/inset_afzal.jpg

filosofee
19th October 2007, 02:48
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/OxyBhai/inset_afzal.jpg

Excellent!

MIG
19th October 2007, 02:50
Musharaffs fault is that he tries to appear democratic and be known as the democratically elected dictator of Pakistan !

He should have stuck to his original mission - then returned to barracks when he had fixed what he saw wrong in Pakistan

Instead, he fell for the power trap - now he is making things more difficult for himself.

Having said that, if Benazir thinks that this is a free ticket to rule Pakistan - she has another thing coming... if she doesnt play her cards right, she will also be performing Umrah with the Sharifs...

pak4life
19th October 2007, 02:50
it could only happen in pakistan a thief, a corrupt, failed person can be treated as a hero.

MIG
19th October 2007, 02:51
Not true - in the UK BLiar and his cronies are still called statesman and Bush is considered by many as a great president.

filosofee
19th October 2007, 02:53
it could only happen in pakistan a thief, a corrupt, failed person can be treated as a hero.

Characterises us.

Oxy
19th October 2007, 02:53
it could only happen in pakistan a thief, a corrupt, failed person can be treated as a hero.Not just once...or twice...but for a 3rd time!!!

Might as well go and deposit all your belongings here to save time and hassel:-

Zurich Bank Account - Payable to Benazir Bhutto

Now or later - get it over and done with.

Oxy
19th October 2007, 02:55
Not true - in the UK BLiar and his cronies are still called statesman and Bush is considered by many as a great president.

UK does it in a very 'clever' way. The masses are happy - cheap food; opportunities for all; plenty of jobs if you want them etc etc.

No need for the masses to stir - unless you are poor or a pensioner when you have no voice - but who cares about them???

In Pak - the MASSES get screwed - and are hypnotically oblivious to it.

filosofee

By whom MIG? Have you ever read headlines in British newspapers? I've one as a poster, reads:

"How can 59,054,087 people be so dumb?"

(Daily Mail on Bush's second election victory)

sportacus
Before she went back she was quoted as saying 'there will be millions outside the airport waiting to greet me' and it turns out 'tens of thousands'

she is just a deluded tool

unfortunately as the scumbags at the BBC (who will hopefully lose their jobs soon) claim quite brazenly this is all a UK and US stitch up they got Musharraf to accept her back to further their fight against 'terrorism' which of course means 'muslims'

filosofee
19th October 2007, 03:02
Oh, right. So, this carnage is staged and Benazir, the Pak Boadicea, who will suppress terrorism and rid Pakistan from its scourge of dishonesty!

Officer Barbrady
19th October 2007, 08:41
Musharaffs fault is that he tries to appear democratic and be known as the democratically elected dictator of Pakistan !

He should have stuck to his original mission - then returned to barracks when he had fixed what he saw wrong in Pakistan

Yup wave the magic wand for a few years, fix everything and then return to the barracks. Like Superman. Sadly it ain't as simple as that. This is how one man rule is bound to end.

MIG
19th October 2007, 10:51
Eid Mubarak Marooned Mian !

Yeah - would have been great but it aint so.

Zeenix
19th October 2007, 11:09
Sure, the people who are talking about PPP and PML N forget that they are the two federal parties of Pakistan, Kick them out and you find MMA and ALL PAKISTAN OPPRESSED NATION MOVEMENT and co Propping up. Corruption is rampant in PPP and PML N but atleast they don't rely on a single province and they have support all over pakistan. Keeping them out leads to support for regional parties having secessionist tendencies to take over.

MIG
19th October 2007, 11:57
But Z, on a personal basis, between you and me and the whole internet, does your stomach not churn at the sight of BB and Sharif sitting pretty after looting this country forever ?

And yes I agree that by not allowing such parties in, we give rise to people like MQM but that does not mean that we turn a blind eye to the crimes of these 2

Zeenix
19th October 2007, 23:17
No MIG, its very unfortunate but they two should have been kicked long ago, if and only if they would've been allowed to complete their tenure. What happens, When BB was kicked out of power corridors she had become the most unpopular, but now she returns as a very popular politician WHY, because the people weren't allowed to kick her out. Martial Law comes as a savior for unpopular politician and it gives them another lease of life. I Keep on saying that there is no SHORTCUT to masses education. The Masses will have to learn it the hard way. No Military general will be able to weed out these elements from the masses, experience will make the masses do it themselves. Over here there is an indifference amongst the masses because they realize that
1) All politicians and Military are corrupt
2) They have no say in electing their representatives
so that is why they have resigned to the fact that the status co will go on.

Wazeeri
19th October 2007, 23:23
Zeenix

Do you get the sense of Deja vu everytime either yourslef, MT, GK et al post on Pakistani politics.

I can't even construct a theory as to why what you have written isn't accepted by all.

filosofee
19th October 2007, 23:25
I can't even construct a theory as to why what you have written isn't accepted by all.

Different point of view? :)))

Wazeeri
19th October 2007, 23:34
Different point of view?

No! "different point of view" is not enough to explain this bizarre inexplicable behaviour.

Zeenix
19th October 2007, 23:50
Zeenix

Do you get the sense of Deja vu everytime either yourslef, MT, GK et al post on Pakistani politics.

Common sense is not Common

filosofee
19th October 2007, 23:54
No! "different point of view" is not enough to explain this bizarre inexplicable behaviour.

So another perspective is "bizaare inexplicable behaviour"? You have the makings of a good, intolerant dictator!

MIG
19th October 2007, 23:54
Oh really ? BB is now a martyr for the sake of democracy and fight against terror - welcome to democracy.

filosofee
19th October 2007, 23:56
Common sense is not Common

You may remain exclusive with your "common sense" - I'll stick to sound, practical judgment! :)))

Zeenix
20th October 2007, 00:02
Oh really ? BB is now a martyr for the sake of democracy and fight against terror - welcome to democracy.

MIG realistically speaking is there any alternative..

filosofee
20th October 2007, 00:05
MIG realistically speaking is there any alternative..

Just because there appears no alternative does not mean we accept what we already know as wrong. For heaven's sake think about what you are advocating, is that "common sense" to you?

Zeenix
20th October 2007, 00:07
You may remain exclusive with your "common sense" - I'll stick to sound, practical judgment! :)))

Rather then singing idealistic folklores about 'God Fearing and Saint Rulers' i prefer to remain realistic and stick to ground realities

Wazeeri
20th October 2007, 00:57
So another perspective is "bizaare inexplicable behaviour"? You have the makings of a good, intolerant dictator!

Really? I guess I will join the army then.

kashmiri
20th October 2007, 01:51
can we nto make an example of just one corrupt politician, mun **** karke uska/uski rally karaya pooray pakistan ki khachar par bitha kar. and then make him/her appear in all these interviews with her faces blackened apologising to the nation.

Zeenix
20th October 2007, 10:31
Kashmiri: First you have to prove the corruption charges, charges can't be proved by word of mouth, otherwise Nawaz and BB would have been convicted long long ago

Officer Barbrady
20th October 2007, 23:26
The truth is however you look at it, it's not a good picture and it's not going to get better.

Even if we take out BB and Nawaz, who else is there? Imran is as stupid as the latter and the Chaudhrys and co are as corrupt as anyone. The malvis are another story.

So we don't really have anyone to turn to.

MIG
21st October 2007, 00:04
Imran is the best hope. Atleast, greed is not a motivating factor for him. Maybe power - but not money.

Wazeeri
21st October 2007, 00:07
How has Mush been equated as the best choice out of BB, Nawaz and the Mullahs?
Atleast we can get rid of the other three.

kashmiri
21st October 2007, 00:15
EDHI for President

Zeenix
21st October 2007, 00:23
Imran is the best hope. Atleast, greed is not a motivating factor for him. Maybe power - but not money.

Power has its own dynamics. And it corrupts undoubtly. Either you become one of them or you have to leave it. There is no other way. Every person in opposition looks like a saint, but once he/she gets into the echelons of power all of a sudden they wear different glasses and view the country from a totally different point of view

Wazeeri
21st October 2007, 00:24
Edhi for president

I would never give Edhi to this President.
God knows how much Edhi he has already taken from our treasury and handed it out to the other Generals.

Zeenix
21st October 2007, 00:41
God knows how much Edhi he has already taken from our treasury and handed it out to the other Generals.

How do you equate Eidi to Edhi ;-)

Joseph K.
21st October 2007, 00:52

Leave Edhi out of this debate, he must be the only uncontroversial figure in a population of over 200 million!

MIG
21st October 2007, 00:53
With Imran - you would actually be choosing someone who has never had taste of blood sorry power in the Pakistani way....I would trust him more than anyone else in Pakistan now.

kashmiri
21st October 2007, 00:53
Leave Edhi out of this debate, he must be the only uncontroversial figure in a population of over 200 million!
Cha Cha Jee might be another one?

Wazeeri
21st October 2007, 05:33
How do you equate Eidi to Edhi

Sorry! there aren't any official transcripts of spelling urdu words with Latin characters.

Officer Barbrady
21st October 2007, 08:24
Sadly the more I hear of what Imran has to say the more I think he would be as bad as the rest. No matter what the intentions there is no bound to what stupidity can lead you to do.