PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys miss High School?

tmac4real
21st October 2007, 11:17
Well I kinda miss it. I'm still pretty young, but HS was fun. The work seemed so much easier compared to college. You could sleep in class, not do HW and still make decent grades. Alot of stuff you did in HS was first time and all that.

FAM
21st October 2007, 11:29
No, but I miss college...

Mercenary
21st October 2007, 11:58
best days of our lives.

I'd return to high school in the blink of an eye, life was so much simpler back then!

the_game
21st October 2007, 11:59
Absolutely not. Most of high school kids are a bunch of delinquent juvenile shmucks.

tmac4real
21st October 2007, 12:22
best days of our lives.

I'd return to high school in the blink of an eye, life was so much simpler back then!

yeah dude. I feel this way and I only graduated 5 months ago!

Punisher
21st October 2007, 20:32
hell yea, im in my final year in uni and sometimes i jus wish i was bak in high school. i used to think that once i get into uni everything will et easier, i sure was in for a surprise. well high school was fun for alot of reasons: sports, goofin around, sleepin in class. but it sure was sad as well, well lets jus say ive had my fair share of breakups, lol.

Boi
21st October 2007, 20:37
its my 3rd year at high school and im enjoying it!!!

Daoud
21st October 2007, 20:39
Absolutely not. Most of high school kids are a bunch of delinquent juvenile shmucks.
I've realised that is the case but I was very fortunate in the sense that my Year in my final 2 years of school was full of very intelligent, mature and generally excellent young adults. While I had closer friends in the high school I went before that, I dont really miss that school or even those days as fun as it may have seemed. I did used to miss my school in Bahrain although I do seem to be missing it less as my uni days finally seem to be coming to an end

iZeeshan
21st October 2007, 20:50
Stop Scaring Me Of Life!

tmac4real
21st October 2007, 23:55
hell yea, im in my final year in uni and sometimes i jus wish i was bak in high school. i used to think that once i get into uni everything will et easier, i sure was in for a surprise. well high school was fun for alot of reasons: sports, goofin around, sleepin in class. but it sure was sad as well, well lets jus say ive had my fair share of breakups, lol.

yeah I don't really miss "high school" just the years I spent there, if you get what I mean.

12thMan
21st October 2007, 23:58
yeah I don't really miss "high school" just the years I spent there, if you get what I mean.
6 year plan :D that is some dedication :19:

Easa
22nd October 2007, 00:01
really? including me? :D

yeah high school is a lot of fun. Some people say its the best time of your life. I am currently in the 10th grade, with two more years after this one..

the_game
22nd October 2007, 00:09
really? including me? :D

yeah high school is a lot of fun. Some people say its the best time of your life. I am currently in the 10th grade, with two more years after this one..

I'm sure you are an exception (well I do hope atleast)!

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
22nd October 2007, 00:12
id dont really have any fond memories of high school !

22nd October 2007, 00:18
hated high school.

loved college and med school.

tmac4real
22nd October 2007, 00:21
why? to both kashif and from_da, if you guys feel like sharing.

Easa
22nd October 2007, 00:22
I'm sure you are an exception (well I do hope atleast)!
I'm a shareef, seeda saada bacha.. :>

22nd October 2007, 00:48
why? to both kashif and from_da, if you guys feel like sharing.

well maybe growing up in the US is the difference for me ... teen culture here is quite horrible .. thus all the high school shootings.

tmac4real
22nd October 2007, 00:57
well maybe growing up in the US is the difference for me ... teen culture here is quite horrible .. thus all the high school shootings.

I see, i can see where ur coming from. What age did u move to the US?

filosofee
22nd October 2007, 01:13
Well I kinda miss it. I'm still pretty young, but HS was fun. The work seemed so much easier compared to college. You could sleep in class, not do HW and still make decent grades. Alot of stuff you did in HS was first time and all that.

High, or Senior (11-18), the answer is no, not that it wasn't fun.

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
22nd October 2007, 01:15
high school was crap ! i went to a ghetto asz high school where you dont learn jack , their is a fight every freakin day,and everybody wants to act gangsta, you could get jumped just for just lookin at some1 in the eye , high school was like a war zone for me,everyday was like a battle for survival.....i love college though ,its a lot more fun with a lot more learning

22nd October 2007, 01:20
high school was crap ! i went to a ghetto asz high school where you dont learn jack , their is a fight every freakin day,and everybody wants to act gangsta, you could get jumped just for just lookin at some1 in the eye , high school was like a war zone for me,everyday was like a battle for survival.....i love college though ,its a lot more fun with a lot more learning

where did u go to school ?

lots of pakistanis in the US have a similar experience .. our parents move into ghetto asz neighborhoods and the kids suffer for it ... however we still end up going to good colleges and getting good professions in the end.

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
22nd October 2007, 02:00
where did u go to school ?

lots of pakistanis in the US have a similar experience .. our parents move into ghetto asz neighborhoods and the kids suffer for it ... however we still end up going to good colleges and getting good professions in the end.
yep ! Us the home of the free and the land of the gr8 or something like that :D,i went to school in Houston..

22nd October 2007, 02:09
yep ! Us the home of the free and the land of the gr8 or something like that :D,i went to school in Houston..

ahh a texan ... well i'm from around NYC ... a lot of the pak fobs that come here move into brooklyn/queens and stay there way too long .. where as the indians usually move to nicer suburbs (and their kids go to much better schools).

faisalm
22nd October 2007, 02:33
ahh a texan ... well i'm from around NYC ... a lot of the pak fobs that come here move into brooklyn/queens and stay there way too long .. where as the indians usually move to nicer suburbs (and their kids go to much better schools).

Same in the UK.

High school was much easier than college because you where spoon fed now its up to yourself and the work is much harder and you don't receive any individual attention with hundreds of classmates. The only good thing is that you can miss lectures, tried it (because i am not paying attention when i am there anyway) but ended up regretting that decision because i had no idea was going in any of the subjects. Also i keep telling myself that next week i am going to turn the lecture slides into notes etc but aint done much yet.

Boys_played_well
22nd October 2007, 02:54
I did my 'high school' in Karachi. Best time ever. Can't even begin to tell all the #%^ that I did... good times.

deviously~fading~away
22nd October 2007, 04:00
high school was crap ! i went to a ghetto asz high school where you dont learn jack , their is a fight every freakin day,and everybody wants to act gangsta, you could get jumped just for just lookin at some1 in the eye , high school was like a war zone for me,everyday was like a battle for survival....i love college though ,its a lot more fun with a lot more learning
:)) High school was ok for me, it was a mix a good days with bad days but it wasn't a battle for survival as you say! I guess constant moving during my high school period played a part (adjusting to a new country, people, making new friends etc.)

akram_rejuvinated
22nd October 2007, 10:00
considering my geek conduct and plastic frames added to my scrawny built, the judgemental girls who formed a mould for me which i could not escape, i knew i had to get out of high school to get laid... and what do you know i accomplished it (periodically since) a mere three months after graduating from high school. so do i miss high school? not quite!

akram_rejuvinated
22nd October 2007, 10:02
i do however miss being on virtually every intramural team, something i could not accomplish here where they dont even play those ruddy sports!

tmac4real
22nd October 2007, 10:14
considering my geek conduct and plastic frames added to my scrawny built, the judgemental girls who formed a mould for me which i could not escape, i knew i had to get out of high school to get laid... and what do you know i accomplished it (periodically since) a mere three months after graduating from high school. so do i miss high school? not quite!

haha nice. College is great for so many reasons I guess.

akram_rejuvinated
22nd October 2007, 10:18
haha nice. College is great for so many reasons I guess.
no parents + no acquaintances = periodic copulation

tmac4real
22nd October 2007, 10:23
no parents + no acquaintances = periodic copulation

yeah it kind of forces you to be more outgoing and get out and get what you want :P

from_da_lost_dim3nsion
22nd October 2007, 10:30
has anybody seen that movie freedom writers?? thats the kind of highschool i went to -minus the ghetto facilities !

akram_rejuvinated
22nd October 2007, 10:41
has anybody seen that movie freedom writers?? thats the kind of highschool i went to -minus the ghetto facilities !
yeah... its actually inspired by a true story. if you want to see a few others like that then check out:

1. To Sir, with love. Sydney Potier at his best!
2. Stand and Delievery. My dad's doppleganger: a young Edward Jamles Olmos potrays a math teacher challenging students to learn advance calculus. based on a true story.

tmac4real
22nd October 2007, 10:41

damn lol. Seems like alot of ppl were raised in the Ghetto lol.