PDA

View Full Version : Pakistani Pilot Turns Up Drunk, PIA Pilot over the limit

suhaib
7th February 2005, 18:16
Pilot arrested after breath test

The pilot was arrested as the plane prepared to leave Manchester
A pilot was arrested at Manchester Airport after he failed a breath test as he prepared for a long-haul flight.
The 51-year-old pilot from Pakistan was arrested on Saturday on suspicion of being over the legal limit to fly.

The man was due to fly 350 passengers on Pakistan International Airlines Boeing 747 from Manchester to Lahore.

A spokeswoman for Greater Manchester Police said on Monday that the pilot was bailed "pending further tests" until 24 March.

The flight was delayed for 90 minutes while a replacement pilot was found.

No-one from Pakistan International Airlines was available for comment.

The legal limit for flying a plane is 20 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood - one quarter the legal limit for driving a car at 80mg.

The Civil Aviation Authority, which regulates British airlines, recommends flight crew do not drink at least eight hours before reporting for duty.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4243023.stm

Schiller
7th February 2005, 18:17
:-D

where mushy when you need him :oD

sajjad
7th February 2005, 22:00
the limit is one quarter of what it is while driving..
man, i have alcohol in my blood stream when im not drinking to be considered drunk for this job...
another dream job scratched off...dammit!

7th February 2005, 22:03
the limit is one quarter of what it is while driving..
man, i have alcohol in my blood stream when im not drinking to be considered drunk for this job...
another dream job scratched off...dammit!

How's that possible? |-D

sajjad
8th February 2005, 19:58
4 bloody years in college living like a drunkard and ull know how that can be so

4 years in any way at college for that matter and ill understand...let alone the 'any coin any drink' and other notorious deals.

Saj
9th February 2005, 01:11
this was disgraceful and embarassing.

Officer Barbrady
9th February 2005, 09:51
From what I have heard Alcohol is commonly consumed by the PIA pilots before flying. Foreign airlines have strict enforcement of the blood alcohol rule but I don't think there is much checking in Pak. Can be dangerous.

Schiller
9th February 2005, 11:06
not only that theyre known for smuggling it into the country too

Officer Barbrady
9th February 2005, 11:23
Smuggle they may..if they wish. But a drunk pilot is a rather worrying thought especially if you are not a huge fan of flying.

10th February 2005, 19:19
I'm a huge fan of Aeroplanes, flying and airports

Abdul Qadir 236
11th February 2005, 02:46
i am very surprised at this! i dont think any alcohol level should be tolerated. alcohol is poison.

and my final word on this:

TAUBAH TAUBAH